• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Isa Bianchi -
“Chickadee tavern, Bird village”​

“Hmmm~ yea, I don’t mind the smoke and we can swim tomorrow or after tomorrow? We should probably get ready to travel again. I can ask Minnie and her gang to help us sneak out of here whenever ya want, if ya like?” Isa offered, tilting his head to his right.

”Just let me know when ya want to leave the village and we’ll go.”

——-

Once Moss was asleep, Isa sneaked out of the room with five blue-purple flames in the palm of his hand and went to search in the village, making sure he is no where near the Templars might be, and search in every nook and cranny he could find and fit in.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -
"Next Day, Isa's Room, Chickadee Tavern"

"I want to leave soon. The Templars around the village make me uneasy. I'd rather we go swimming far, faaaaaar away from them. But, I want to help you look for the thief, so we can leave after we've gone to Cliffdrift village and you've done all that you want here, Isa." he smiled at him.

That night, Isa's search for the thief turned out nothing. It was certain now that the person wasn't in the village anymore since the last sighting a week ago. The search in the forest though wasn't very conclusive, the darkness made it hard to find clues.

* * * *​

The next morning, Isa was welcomed with breakfast in bed, and their room smelling like wood smoke, a hint of herbs, and buttered garlic toast. Moss was in his auburn haired absent-minded man disguise again, fanning smoke from a small clay stove out the window. Crammed on Isa's bedside table were two full plates of toast layered with melted cheese, strips of bacon on the side, sliced salted tomatoes with diced onions and a drizzling of vinegar, a pair of crispy golden hash browns, his vintage oriental kettle, and two tin mugs with tea ready to be brewed.

"Morning, Isa!" Auburn-Moss greeted cheerfully.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Chickadee tavern, Bird village”
“That sounds like a good plan.” Isa agreed with a grin. “I’m sure we’ll be out of here in no time and swim together.”

That night in his search, however, the redhead started to wonder if he should change his approach. And so, went back to the tavern to sleep.

———

The next morning, Isa woke up to the intense delicious smell of buttery garlic, herbs, and smoked wood. He sat, rubbing his eyes as he heard Moss’ greeting and fanning. The redhead smiled back sleepily, lazily waving back.

”Good mornin’, Moss.“ Then he wiggled off the bed and sat on a chair as he stared at the breakfast. His mouth is starting to water- “Need help with the smoke?”

Lothron i gwilith cheb- I ber’ Isa canted quietly. Moss can feel a cooling breeze coming the window and smoke started to leave on it’s own. It was like the soft winds were dragging the smoke outside with the way that Moss can feel an occasional breeze going in and heat with smoke going out.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Yes, thank you." said Moss. Is there nothing Isa can't do? He brewed tea, then joined him on the bed, passing him his plate. "Hey, how many spells do you know?" he asked curiously, forking one of the hash browns.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“I don’t know, to be honest.” Isa admitted, reaching for his plate. Lightly caressing Moss’ hands gently as he held the plate and started to eat the melted cheese on toast and bacon. Swallowing after chewing, he mentioned something that might have caused the other priests and monks of the Shadow Veil to trip. Gramps would’ve scolded him for not remembering.

”I’ve lost count . . . Let’s see . . .um . . . There’s the fire spells-“ He tried counting them on his fingers. “Then there’s the illusions . . . The nature ones are separated, right? Hmmm. I don’t know. I give up counting. It’s whatever, that’s the number.” He chuckled, embarrassed and stuffed his face in.

”The food is delicious as always, Moss!” Isa piped up, smiling bright. Still amazed by how yummy the food is.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss looked at him curiously. "Thanks, but, Isa, are you in a bad mood?" he placed a hand on his shoulder.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa blinked owlishly, surprised by the sudden question And stared at the comforting hand on his shoulder. How did he know?? Did his eyes turn yellow??? That shouldn’t be possible after sleeping....

”N-no. Why do ya ask?” His ears turned red.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"The way you talked. You said whatever. And then praised my cooking immediately." said Moss. He thought a moment. "Never mind, I thought something was wrong." he patted his shoulder, then continued eating.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
Isa’s face turned red. Then he looked at his food, poking at the hash browns. “ . . . Okay. I’m in a bad mood.” He sighed.

“I was looking for the thief last night and I couldn’t find him. So now, I’m wondering if I should look for the book instead.” He nibbled on the bacon, pouting with his red cheeks puffed. “. . . Since it doesn’t move and stuff . . . Hmph.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Hmm, how do you know the book doesn't move?" asked Moss. When all the smoke was gone, he closed the window, and then dropped his illusion.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“I don’t know, but I’m guessing since in Loki’s vision, it didn’t move.” Then Isa tilted his head, pondering. “Then again, there were two crystals on the book cover, one smaller than the other. Point taken, Moss. Point taken.”

”I still prefer to chase a moving book than a killer.” He concluded.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss laughed. "I meant, how do you know the book isn't being moved by someone, hahaha! How do you know it's not being carried around by the thief?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

It’s nice to make Moss laugh, he sounds so dreamy~

Okay, girly thoughts over, the redhead mentally shook the lovestruck part of his brain.

Isa grinned impishly. “I’m just guessing by the Templars outside the village. Even if they caught the thief, they wouldn’t leave the book behind, now would they?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"No, they'd probably torture him for it." said Moss. "So, does this mean we won't be going to Clifffdrift Village to ask about the mask, since we'll be looking for the book?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“We can still go to Cliffdrift to clear your name mainly, but for the mask? Hmmm. Well, I am curious about it, so why not? It wouldn’t be bad to have more information about the thief that dared go in Cerberus tower.” Isa shrugged his shoulders.

”I’ll purchase one of the Swiftsong’s mask and casually ask about the thief’s mask. Ohhhh~ we can even clear your name with this mask.”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

"I'd like that." Smiled Moss. He drank tea, then assembled his bacon, bread, tomatoes, and the last hashbrowns into one tall sandwich and took a biiig chomp. "Bwo you wam poo poh hwimming popay?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“What?” Isa asked, raising a brow as he started to chomp on the tomatoes.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss swallowed. " S'cuse me, I said, do you want to swim today?" he chuckled.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Nope~ I rather swim with ya without feeling like someone is watching us.” Isa waved his fork momentarily and finished the hash browns. “No lie, I’m still tense with the Templars around too. Soooo, I’d like to search around for the book or we can go to Sen’s smithy and ask about that weird metal thing we found at Elunore.”

He grinned. “Either or, I’m fine with.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Book is more important. Let's go with book." said Moss, taking another big bite of his sandwich. "Maybe we can check out the contraption when we take a break from searching?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

The redhead nodded, looking at his almost finished plate with a bashful grin. “That sounds good to me . . . Oh, I can help disguise ya if ya like? When we search?”

Zer0 Zer0

bfce134d4a1b1845e68c3787629cb3a5-1.jpg
- Moss Adamaris -
"Next, Next Day, The Highlands"

"Yes, I would appreciate that." said Moss. "Haven't quite got the hang of this Disguise Self spell yet, I find clothes hard to imagine."

Their search of the village that day turned out nothing, though Moss was happy for little moments. Such as finally being able to ask Isa what he'd like to eat and actually be able to have the ingredients. They went shopping together, and then went back to their room to cook spicy chicken humus wraps. The cozy experience elated him, as he happily chatted with Isa about how he liked Highland chickens. "They're smaller with little feathers growing out of their legs like socks, it's so adorable, and they taste better than the bigger Forbidden chickens too back in Cascata dell' Oceano." he said while holding up the headless defeathered chicken.

They ate the wraps at the Iron Itsumade, sharing a basket with Sen and Warlord Minnie. The smith excitedly told them that Abigail Giantsbane was indeed Minnie's great, great, very great grandmother from centuries past, and that the machine from Elunore was like a fireworks in that it propelled the wearer using compressed steam, and the grappling hooks would latch on to things and swing the wearer in whichever direction the wires were taught. From Isa's description of the remnants of the ruined city, the Elunorians slashed at the frost giants with their wing curved blades while being propelled at high speeds with this machine. Sen was so excited, he couldn't wait to build one and offered Isa a lot of loot in exchange for the machine and even added something of Isa's choosing from his smithy.

The next day they searched the forest. And lo and behold, through Isa's experience in trolling thieves, he was familliar with hidey-places and found a suspicious oak with a patch of bark that didn't match the grain of the trunk. It turned out to be hollow. And what do you know. The book he'd been dreaming of for months was there.

Katsuya Katsuya
x1 Mysterious Book | Stolen from Vanar by a pair of thieves. This is what the Templars have been searching for months.

- Isa Bianchi -
“The heart grows fonder . . . “​

Isa nodded. When it was time for them to leave, the redhead put on the same disguise Moss had before, just with different clothing. Neutral earthy tones and hints of deep teal.

While the search in the village was fruitless, the motorist still had fun in the smaller moments. Going out to buy groceries together with Moss and helping him cook their lunch. It was nice, cozy, and wholesome, even when Moss pulled up the headless chicken to cook. Just listening to him geeking out about how adorable the chickens were. “I heard if ya hit one of them, the rest of the flock will peck ya.” Isa commented with a smile. Eventually ... Isa started to yearn for more days to stay like this. Being happy and cozy with the person he likes.....

and then he’d look away, smiling silly whenever he thought that.

He can wait.

At the Iron Itsumade, Minnie showed Moss what Sen made in the smithy as thanks for the wrap; shyly asking him if she can have the recipe too. Her eyes shifting around as she mumbled something about wanting a good snack for her busy hubby. This gave Isa a chance to request something from Sen, since he offered for the Eluronian equipment. “Do ya have a sharp set of knives for a chef and a traveling case that can shrink in size and can serve as a chopping block?” Isa whispered behind his cupped hand, keeping his eye on Moss and Minnie as they looked at Sen’s custom made swords. “In an ocean blue or teal color?”

The next day, as the pair searched in the forest while the sun went down, Isa noticed a weird patch of bark on a tree and reached in careful. Only to pull out the book in his dreams. His eyes widened and his grin grew into a relieved smile. Then his eyes started to glow, wanting to see if there’s any traps, curses, or hunter marks on the book just to be safe.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -
"Next, Next Day, The Highlands"​

Moss had expected any kind of illusion clothes, he didn't expect Isa paying attention and giving him clothes in colors that he liked. He appreciated it, and felt kinda giddy that though he never told Isa the colors he liked, Isa paid enough attention to him to guess what he would like and was spot on.

"Is that so?" said Moss, surprised about the chicken mob. "No wonder they advised me never to hit them and butcher them with my windows closed.

In the Iron Itsumade, he gladly wrote down for Minnie the recipe, telling her how you season the chicken a foot away, how to cut the herbs as to not bruise them so that they retain the flavor within, and the specific kind of wood to use to give it the same aromatic smoky taste as his wraps. Meanwhile, Sen whispered to Isa that he did have a sharp set of knives, except for a filleting knife, the travelling case yes, all his mess kits have a case that served as both pan, plate and chopping block when turned upside down but it cannot shrink and he didn't have one in an ocean blue or teal color, just plain steel. He can hammer a new one though, and have that enchanted to shrink, powered by a small ragnite core that can last a year. And he secretly showed Isa a small nook in his shop that was for household steel items, and asked him what kind of design he liked. "I also do custom designs if you've got one in mind." added Sen helpfully.

The next day, Moss hovered behind Isa's shoulder in intense interest, wondering what this book is all about, but not touching it yet.

It was bound in thick leather, inlaid with a copper steel design in the center, and rimmed with mithril. Two odd jade gems, cloudy and glowing like firefly within sat on the cover, and on embossed on the metal of its spine was "II". And what was most striking was how though this book was ancient, it looked unnaturally well kept. The pages didn't yellow, and there was hardly any dirt on it, even the dirt from Isa's gloves seem to just slide off. His magic revealed powerful spells of protection on the book, so much that probably only the heart of a volcano could burn it, or a dozen frost giants pulling on either side of two pages could tear it. Isa didn't even have a name for the spells cast on this book. It was old, old magic. And the smallest gem in the center of the cover seems to be what's fueling the enchantments that protect it. It was not ragnite, it was something else. Whatever it is, it's still working even after hundreds and hundreds of years.

Nothing kept the book from being opened though. It could be opened and closed easily, the pages turned. And there was a little note stuck in between the pages in the back

"Lorenzo, I've got the letter, I'm going ahead. Tell Theosebia that Giovanni knows about the real portal in the Sunken Temple and that your nephew fixed the one we couldn't in Windshear. Fix this will you? I don't fancy going through the Badlands again just to avoid the Templars and this place where it's so hard to avoid that book keeper. If you can please put him out for a couple of months. I also need a pick up, maybe Milan's crew, and if you can spare Slater and his sister they can stand and roll up a welcoming committee in case it all goes sour. Message me when you've got this book and found the other one.
Penny"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
"Next, Next Day, The Highlands"​

At Sen’s smithy, by the small nook the tinkering twin showed him, Isa brightened up. Ideas pouring in and he nodded, telling Sen exactly what he liked with the knives and case. Not leaving any details out as he even sketched out to help the blacksmith out a bit. After the two discussed more and when Isa can pick up the knife set and case, they shook hands and came back to the front of the shop; where Minnie was nodded to Moss’ instructions with a delicate smile. Excitement gleamed in her usually calm sharp eyes.

“Thank you. Hit me up when you’re in the neighborhood. I’ll let ya taste my own dishes.” Minnie said.

At the forest, Isa didn’t mind Moss looking over his shoulder. Letting him read the letter too as the redhead stared at it with a blank stare. Yellow veins started to spread in the indigo color and popping up on the curve of his eyes and cheeks. “This is the book. We found it . . . with a letter for my uncle.” He growled before taking a deep breathe, closing his eyes.

“. . . Whatever . . . “ Once he felt like his anger calmed a bit, Isa folded the letter in his pocket, and tucked the book in his jacket. Holding it like he has a tummy ache. “Moss? Mind if ya get me few pages of paper and charcoal from James? Here. I’ll meet ya at the tavern, okay?” After digging in his pockets, the motorist gave the merman metals and a few alchemical as extra. Just in case.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back