• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Moss Adamaris -
"Victory"

Moss gently caressed Isa's cheek. He watched with grim satisfaction as Isa stuffed the kidnapper's mouth with a lot of seaweed, his tail slapping the ground, itching to give him one more good smack.

When Isa returned to him, he gently wrapped his arms around him, protectively curling his tail around them like a nest, just trying to blanket Isa with comfort. He let out a breath of relief, glad Isa was alive. "I'm angry. I want to know why that scum wanted your blood, but . . . I think we need to get out first before the other two come back."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa practically purred in glee when he felt Moss’ tail curling around them, hugging him back as he leaned in the protective embrace. He listened to Moss’ words, glad that he’s angry instead of guilty.

”I heard something about my blood being a key for a ruin?” Isa replied, sighing. “It was weird. They mentioned something about Atlantis too. . . . Do we go underwater to escape?”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -
"Victory"

"My home?" said Moss. He looked back at the crystal in the other chamber. He just realized it was a crystal from the Heart. He gasped. And the sirens had legs too instead of tails! He gasped even more. "Wait! How do they have legs?!" he pointed.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa frowned, confused before pinching his lips. He looked over to where the tied up siren sat. Wondering if they should make him spit out answers . . . But he didn’t know if he wanted to. Something was off here. There’s too many questions that he wanted answers to, but he had a bad feeling here.

”Should we ask him? Or shall we go, love?” Maybe they should take the crystal with them? Seemed like Moss recognized it. Maybe if they explored the place, there’s another way out instead of going through the waterways?

“Or we take him with us?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -
"Victory"

"We'll take them all with us. I'm turning the sailors into star fishes and this guy an ugly sea slug." he threw the siren a nasty look. "Will you please take the crystal, a sack or container, and anything interesting you can find in their camp, Isa? Also, how do you feel about being turned into a little octopus?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa blinked owlishly before nodding. “Okay.” Then he heard Moss’ question. Once more, taken off guard. “ . . .” He shuddered at the thought. He has to go back in the cold water, doesn’t he?

” . . . Like I have an excuse to cling onto ya as ya swim.” Isa grinned playfully. The little sprout on his head trembled in his quiet fear yet it stood tall. It was too proud to show his fear. The redhead had lifted Moss once more, placing him on the shallow waters and kissed his horn. “I’ll be right back, love.” Then he ran off to the tunnels to gather the sirens’ items and pocketing that crystal-! It seemed important to Moss.

With the merman, he’d notice that something started to glow in the watery depths. At first, it was a sparkle, but it just glowed brighter and brighter whenever Moss had gotten close to it. Having a familiar teal-white glow that only merfolk could have.

What was glowing . . . Is a rune etched on the wall?

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -
"Victory"

Moss was impressed Isa could still carry him despite the beating he took and his tail swished when Isa kissed his horn. He watched him go, smiling. "Alright, be careful!" he whispered. Then he noticed a glow. "Isaaa? There's a weird glowing rune here?" he whispered louder.

Moss slowly approached the rune.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa peeped out of the room, titling his head a bit as he saw the odd glow. “Be careful, Moss.” He whispered back, just as alarmed as Moss is.

As the merman approached the rune, it started to crack the walls’ surface with sheer light. Popping one stone at a time off the walls underwater as the cracks reached to where Moss is—- he’d suddenly feel a surge of power. Ancient power. His hands started to glow like the rune, he can tell from the way the magic was moving, that it’s searching for something. A confirmation of who he is. The couple can hear the walls rumbling, shaking violently until it parted—-

“Is that a door to a ruin?!” Isa exclaimed, eyes wide as the rocky walls revealed a carved door. The designs on said door had merfolk swimming up to a crystal— but it didn’t look like the crystal that Moss knew. It seemed smaller, yet it showed his people’s history of old. Runes written along the borders of the door. Runes that Moss and Isa could read past through the aging moss that’s crawling on the walls along with the barnacles.

”Only those of the Royal blood can receive this treasure.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Isa!" Most yelled, immediately about to leap out of the water to protect him from falling rocks, but only the rocks around the ruin cracked and floated down chunk by chunk. And then his hands glowed and he just stared in confusion and wonder as the wall broke away, and there in this place that wasn't Atlantis, there is a remnant. of his people's past.

What does that mean? As far as Moss knew his people came from the realm of water where he was born not Leor. "Yeah . . . it's a door. Why are there carvings of my people here? . . . Only those of the royal blood can receive this treasure . . . Isa, are you royalty??"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Having to run to where Moss sat as the place shook, Isa held him tightly when it stopped. Not caring tht he is knee-deep in cold water. His heart is going give out with all these surprises!

Then the redhead snorted in disbelief, staring at Moss. “Love, I think it’s referring to ya. Ya know? Considering it has Atlantic ruins here? And between the two of us, you’re from a royal family.“ He looked back at the door, curiosity gleamed in his eyes.

”Let’s explore it!” Isa said excitedly, now noticing that there’s a rock bridge underwater that’s leading to the doorway. Moss can still swim while Isa walked the knee deep waters, is what he thought, not thinking how strange it is that the ruins even considered that. So he made his way to the door, standing in front of it as he waited for his beau to come with him before he slid the door open. Revealing familiar yet not familiar old designs of Grecian pillars holding up the ceiling. On the walls were pictures made of tiles and shells and sea glass, spotless. Unlike the door, it wasn’t covered in aging moss.

It showed merfolk swimming harmoniously, peace reigned over their kingdom of the sea. Runes describing a history that Moss wasn’t familiar with. No one in his home had taught him this and yet, here is proof of this piece of history happening. This . . . This is a time even before the great memory wipe on human kind. Before the Arcane age. The technology shown here were more raw, more simple compared to the arcane age. As Isa touched the smooth wall, he noticed a subtle change of the pictures. It went from seaweed and coral to ivy leaves and branches . . . His eyes started to become hazy as he stared at the mural of different folks trading items like gold and silver with pearls and volcanic rare glass. It even showed merfolk changing tails to legs-

“ . . . Long time ago . . .” Isa muttered, sounding not himself. Not as excited as he should be and calm despite seeing the indications of something older. “The people used to not care of differences nor notice them. We all lived in one realm. We spoke of different tongues yet we understood each other. We were sound of mind and spirituality. No need of Ancients. No need of crystals.”

”Yet . . . Each race started to have ideas, believing they are better than the others. Competing. To prove each other wrong. They couldn’t live with each other anymore, so the strongest of each clan agreed to live separately. Even to create different realms. Some failing, others succeeding.“ The redhead continued to lead the way.

”I had hoped someone of those strongest will find this place and take one of two gifts.” Isa sighed before turning to Moss. His eyes weren’t focused, serenely smiling as he gracefully placed a hand over the crystal’s image. Pushing it in with just his fingertips. “Will you accept this gift, Bloodborn of Triton?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Yeah, but they kidnapped you." said Moss, following him inside. He listened to Isa when he started reading, and was surprised to see merefolk changing as though this was a normal thing in the past from tail to legs. His heart began to beat faster, then he looked at Isa strangely when he realized he wasn't talking like himself. "Isa? Wait . . . Who's here?" he looked around. "Let my love go."

Katsuya Katsuya

- ??? -

Isa tilted his head. Giving off this impression of being amused. “Worry not, bloodborn of Triton. Your love is fine. He is only filling his birth-given role to guide you here.”

”My name is Melfina of the Elven clan, ancestor to this child.” He introduced . . . herself. “Now then, will you accept this gift as promised to your family long ago?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss' jaw dropped. "I . . . " he looked at the mural. "I'm not . . . I'm not royalty anymore . . . My blood is the blood of kings, but . . . you should know . . . I was banished from Atlantis . . . and rightly so . . . Whatever gift you wish to give me . . . I think . . . I think my sister should have it . . . This looks like something that could help both man and merfolk . . . I think if you give it to me, you'll only be disappointed, Lady Melfina."

Katsuya Katsuya

- ??? -

Melfina smiled warmly. “Just as humbled as your ancestor, I see.“ She chuckled.

”There’s no such thing as coincidences, bloodborn of Triton. If this gift was for your sister, then this child would have led your sister here. Yet here you are instead.“ She hinted. “Once of Royal blood, always is Royal blood. Politics or not.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss still looked uncertain. "Then . . . if you are alright with me receiving this gift, Lady Melfina, I would be glad to receive a blessing from Isa's family." he bowed.

Katsuya Katsuya

- ??? -

He can hear her chuckling. “My~“ She sounded bashful yet happy. He can hear stone scraping on stone as she pushed the crystal drawing inwards and bringing out a teal stone. She presented it to him with both hands, kneeling down without a care about the waters reaching up to Isa‘s chest.

“Accept this gift and be who really are, Lysander Adamaris.” She muttered, as if praying. Next thing he knew, the teal stone glowed in front of him, and shot into his chest where his heart lied. Causing him to blackout to Melfina’s voice echoing something to him.

“I believe in you . . .”

When he woke up, he’d hear Isa’s voice trying to wake him up. Lightly shaking him as he cradled the merman within his arms, keeping his head above the water. “Moss?! Moss?! Are ya okay?! Your tail-! I-it’s-“

His tail is replaced with human legs. His scales were gone and so is his horn. While his hair stayed long and his skin is still pale, Moss is completely human.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss trusted she wouldn't let Isa drown, as alarm bells went off in his head seeing the waters up to Isa's chest. And resisted the instinct to --- oh what the hey, he held Isa's shoulder anyway, just in case he woke up to himself again and swam close --- only to gasp when the teal stone shot into his heart.

And with a splash he fell into darkness.

Isa's voice sounded so warped and deep and so far . . . he blinked . . . vision blurry, then the world righted itself and Moss remembered what happened. "I feel okay . . . Why does my butt feel so . . . airy?"

He looked down. And gasped. He looked at Isa. "I have legs again! Wait . . ." for a wild moment he thought he was cursed, but that couldn't be. His hands glowed white, as teal Atlantean runes swirled up his arms. "I'm not cursed . . . Did your ancestor just turn me into a human?" He saw in his reflection in Isa's eyes that his horn wasn't there either! "But then why can I see in the dark? . . . " And he looked in the mural again, at the mermen going up to shore with legs instead of fins. She said it was a gift. Did he guess it right? Could it possibly be? Moss didn't know what to do, but he willed with all his heart to have a tail again.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“My ancestor?” Isa repeated, raising a brow. Then he gasped as Atlantean runes swirled around Moss’ legs, melding them together before elongating and grew out fins and scales. His horn is back too-!

” . . . Ya can change.” Isa muttered before smiling wide, starry-eyed. Happy for his beau. “Ya can change! Moss, ya can change!!” He laughed, hugging him tightly. “Congratulations, love~”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Yeah, she spoke through you! Melfina of the Elven Clan?" Then he too gasped again and smiled as his tail came back! "I can change! Yes, I can change! O!" he hugged Isa tight, cupped his face and looked at him tenderly just seeing their life together and the possibilities now. He looked around the cavern. "Thank you, Lady Melfina! O! And Isa! You are part elf! Does that mean you have a long life as well?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa leaned into his hands, not caring as much about being chest deep in it. He’s just happy that Moss is happy, smiling goofily. Then he blinked owlishly from the news before snorting. “What’s with my blood? First I find out that Theosebia is related to me and now I’m part elf . . . What’s next? That I’m a key to a lost city?” Then he looked around the ruins before huffing.

”Perhaps I shouldn’t manifest that possibility . . . If I’m part elf, then there’s chance that I do. There’s someone in the sect that‘s part elf and he lived for hundreds of years.” Isa replied before he realized what that meant. He froze, staring at Moss for a good minute before smiling bashfully. “Oh Loki . . . That means I can . . . We can stay together longer.” He muttered tenderly.

“I wonder where I got my elf blood from . . .” He briefly asked out loud before holding onto Moss’ waist and lifting him up; pushing his knees to stand straight. “We should get going.” Isa suggested. As much as he would love to stay to study this place, they needed to go before the other two sirens come back. The redhead placed Moss on the shores before going to the nearby tunnels to collect things. Stuffing them in a bag along with the metals he found and the written plans the trio merrow drew out.

“A-Are ya ready to go, Love?” Isa stuttered. He steeled himself to go underwater.

Their swim underwater was tense and quiet. There was no signs of the other two sirens. Midway, they will find Andrew following the ring’s light along with Christine and a tall muscular Drow behind him. Christine didn’t stop hugging them both even when they reached the surface and went on their ships.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

"Probably your dad." said Moss, happy to be carried by Isa. Even though he had legs now, he was going to ask Isa to carry him every now and then.

Moss nodded when Isa asked if he was ready, then cast his spell, turning the sailors into start fishes, the siren a slug, and Isa a little octopus. He made a little hoodie with his long silver hair, and tucked octopus-Isa into the space behind his neck, patting him reassuringly and waiting for his tentacles to securely wrap themselves around his neck, before he carefully placed the starfish-sailors in another sack, and unceremoniously stuffed the slug-siren in there too.

Then he used up his last bit of magic to draw shadows towards him again, covering them all in silence. Moss stealthily swam through the tunnels, sacks over his shoulder, spear in hand, and the other, cradling Isa around his neck. It was tense, but he was so relieved when he saw Christine and Andrew and another member of he sect in the tunnels!

Moss told them he was going to explain what happened later, but Isa was injured and he had to get him to the surface, he gestured at the octopi on his neck. He also told them he had the missing sailors and one of the sirens, and that there were two others back in there that he last saw heading into the tunnels about half an hour ago. He told them that he didn't meet them along the way out either.

And with that he accompanied them to the surface, quickly taking his ring from Andrew and begrudgingly thanking him for coming out to find Isa. He still didn't like him, but Moss was just civil about it.

Now it was early afternoon in the sect the next day, Moss, in his human form and wearing his usual clothes, was sleeping with his head tucked in his arms next to Isa's bed. After he told the sect what had happened, he never left Isa's side, and had fallen asleep at around early morning watching the healers take care of his love.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa stayed quiet when Moss mentioned his potential dad being an elf. Smiling a bit. So thanks to his dad being an elf . . . He can stay with Moss longer. Okay. “Probably.” It would make sense, if not his father, definitely within his family.

When Moss turned Isa into an octopus, he‘d see a tiny red one, stuffed in a clam shell. Wide round indigo eyes stared at Moss before raising two of his tentacles as Moss picked him up to tuck behind his neck. The merman can feel suction cups sticking on his skin as tentacles wrapped around his neck securely, his jelly-like head snuggling underneath the back of his head. Then down in the waters they went.

As they spotted Christine, Andrew, and another of the sect, the bespectacled man huffed and signed what Moss was trying to say to the other two members. The large Drow nodded while Christine gasped in her air bubble. The merman can see her worry for them, she was talking out loud within her bubble without him actually hearing her, but he can make out her words from her lips moving.

’I’m glad-! . . . Follow . . . Boats! . . . . Saved!’

They reached the surface safely, with the Drow going up the largest boat first and helping them up with sheer strength; pulling each one without fail or pause. He didn‘t even look tired. “Let’s go! To shore!” His deep voice reached the crews‘ ears and they cheered; letting the other boats know of their return to shore.

Andrew, spotting Moss and raising a brow, gave Moss’ ring back peacefully. He frowned, pensive before huffing in his annoyance. “ . . . Thank you . . . For caring about him.” Then he walked away from the merman as Christine continued to mother-hen the couple, hovering over them while mentioning about they needed to get them to the infirmary soon.

As they reached for shore, Melgar had grabbed the sea slug of a siren and had asked Moss to come with him. While Christine had pushed Isa towards the infirmary’s direction, saying he’ll meet Moss again soon. “You need to be checked up!”

———

The next day in the early afternoon, Isa sighed in his sleep before rolling over. Subconsciously wanting to be closer to the merman next to him. His flushed and bruised cheeks were slightly cupped by the fluffy pillow. The cold press blanket on his forehead slipped off and crumpled on the pillow. Besides the bed is a nightstand with pills and a half empty glass of fresh water.

Thanks to being in the cold waters for long periods of time, Isa developed a high fever and cough. Doc believed the reason why he wasn’t as affected yesterday was simply because of adrenaline rushing his body to move around the way he did. ”You’re going to rest for a few days and take pills-“

”What?!” Isa blurted out before coughing in his hands. ”See? Your fever and shock is catching up with you. Now rest!” Doc deadpanned, lightly poking the redhead’s heated forehead before tucking him to bed rather tightly.

Then he turned to Moss, frowning. “Make sure he takes those pills. No worries about broken bones, he only has bruises and the scratch marks are only skin deep. No deep wounds. I’ll be checking and counting if you are taking them.” He warned the stubborn redhead at the end before leaving the couple at the early dawn of morning. Where Isa finally slept peacefully, sometimes trembling and muttering Moss’ name.

Zer0 Zer0

- Next Day -

In the boat, before Moss had to turn Isa back to normal, he spent a few moments staring at his little red octopi-beau-in-a-clam cupped in his hands. It even had a little seaweed on top of its jelly head. Moss' eyes squinted, mouth gaping, as he just shook his head unable to take in this cuteness. "Isa . . . you're adorable as an octopus!" he whispered violently, and showed Christine. "Lookathim. LOOK."

When he asked Andrew for the ring, Moss' aloofness towards him softened a bit. "Of course I do." he said simply, and just watched him go. That was probably hard for Andrew to do. Moss thought a moment. "Andrew, wait a moment . . . please . . ." Moss paused. "I got my legs back. Something happened down there that I'll tell you guys later, but just know that I'm going back home and . . . and I don't know what I'll do, but I'm going to face the ones I've wronged." he looked back at Isa who was back to normal now. "I don't want Isa to have any reason to be ashamed of me."

The next day, Isa would feel the bed dip behind him and then lips kiss his cheek. Familiar arms ever so gently encased him, before a tail curled around his ankles and a side fin curled over his waist.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

In the boat, the tiny red octopus waited for Moss to turn him back only to blinked twice at Moss’ words. Then he bashfully covered himself with his tentacles, curling them over his head as Christine cooed along with Moss. Gently poking his arms to tickle him and see his ever reddening face. The little seaweed on Isa’s head wiggled happily.

Andrew stopped when the merman called out to him and had the decency to turn around to face him. He stayed quiet, listening to Moss’ words before sighing. He pushed up his glasses. “ . . . That’s a good enough reason to face your past.” He was about to turn around to leave but stopped midway. Staring at the ground before he huffed and looked at Moss once more. Frowning stoically.

” . . . He isn’t ashamed of you.“ Andrew muttered. “If he was, he wouldn’t be talking about your accomplishments so much with Oak and Christine.” Then he briskly left, his ears turning red.

———-

Fluttering his eyes open, dazed, Isa sighed in comfort. Feeling lips on his sweaty cheek. Leaning back a bit to feel the familiar warmth that he loves oh so dearly, not realizing that he is sweating everywhere. “Love ya too.” He muttered after feeling a side fin over his waist, smiling weakly.

“Good morning, Moss~ . . . So cooling~” He croaked out, wiggling within his arms to face his beau, and snuggling underneath his chin with his forehead. His fever is searing hot. “Slept well?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

A glowing white hand brushed over Isa's forehead, cooling the sweat on his skin. "Good morning, Isa~" the fin around his waist squeezed him. He kissed the top of his head, nosing his sprout. "Mm-hmm, I slept like a log. Like a log that you toss." he chuckled at the memory. The wave of cooling magic went down Isa's back as his Moss lazily rubbed him.

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back