• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Moss Adamaris -
"Last Night"

Moss wouldn't be surprised if Melgar was actually Isa's father. The suave smile, the panther eyes, and the way he reminded him of Isa when he purred when he was happy was almost akin to his beau that he couldn't answer him immediately. "Actually . . . actually, we need to ask Isa if he's okay with other people knowing." And then Moss couldn't take it. "By the way," he clapped his hands on his own thighs, then placed his hands on his own hips, clearly trying to think of how to phrase his next words, " are you . . . You're not Isa's dad are you?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Last night -

Melgar nodded, understanding to Moss’ hesitation, though curious. He tilted his head when he noticed Moss’ awkwardness, almost parting his lips to ask what’s wrong until he heard the question. He laughed, his deep rich voice practically made the whole cell vibrate like he laughed with his belly and not chest.

”N-no! I’m not- hahahaahah!” Melgar wiped off a tear with a single thick finger. “Wooo~ No. I’m his Godfather and fighting teacher.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -
"Last Night"

Moss chuckled. Melgar's laugh was infective. "Godfather . . . Then, do you know who Isa's dad is?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Last Night -

As his laugh quietened down, Melgar looked at Moss. A brow raised curiously. “Of course I do, but I haven’t seen him in years. Not since months before Isa was born.” He replied.

“Thing is, with him . . . He’s . . . a busy fellow.” The Drow sighed. “Not that I blame him for it. Considering of his circumstances . . .”

Zer0 Zer0

- Last night -

Melgar hummed. “Of course, he wouldn’t know. Emilia, his mother, didn’t want him to know until the time is right. Even now . . . I know she wouldn’t want him to know until a certain thing happened.” Then he paused, wondering if he should say it, but then made his choice. Moss seemed trustworthy.

”Isa’s father is the King of the Forbidden forest and the one who watches over us in Cascata.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss' jaw dropped. "Then why didn't he take care of him better? Or better yet live with him and his mom?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Last night -

Melgar sighed heavily. “There’s a rule within the elves in the forbidden forest. No mixed bloods allowed in the kingdom and Isa is of mixed blood, prince or not. Plus, Emilia was human, so she couldn’t live there either. However the king did his best to watch over Isa and Emilia, giving her one wish to use and for him to keep.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Last night -

Melgar shook his head. “That, I don’t know. If he did, he sure didn’t make it obvious to the boy or anyone in the sect.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss frowned at the floor. "Alright . . . Thanks for telling me, Melgar. Can I let Isa know who his dad is?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Last night -

Melgar shook his head solemnly. “No. Not now . . . I’m sorry, Moss, but Isa shouldn’t know. Emilia hasn’t let him know for years and I don’t plan to break my own oath either.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Alright, alright." I won't tell him then."

* * * *​

" . . . and then after that Melgar laughed at me because I asked him if he was your dad." recalled Moss to Isa. "He had your purr."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Last night -

“Thank you.” Melgar smiled sincerely before leaving. Wanting to start the hunt for the other two sirens on land first.

————-
— Isa Bianchi -

The feverish redhead snorted before chuckling. “. . . I wouldn’t mind if he was my dad, to be honest. He’s the one who kept watchin’ over me when I wanted to die. Cheerin‘ me on whenever I smiled or encouraged me to stay calm when times get rough.” He smiled timidly.

”I guess . . . I guess I picked up his habits.” Isa muttered quietly before snuggling up to Moss. Squeezing him by the waist before lightly playing with his side fins. “So ya haven’t told anybody of what happened in the ruins? And what do we do with this?”

He pulled out the Atlantean crystal out of his pocket, holding it between their bodies as if to hide it’s existence. The redhead had a feeling it’s important for Moss somehow, from the way he reacted before.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

"No, I didn't." he kissed his forehead, then stared at the crystal. "I don't know. If it belonged to the sirens then it should go back to them, but I have a feeling it didn't belong to them. It'd be one of the things they'd ask for first, but the one we caught never mentioned the crystal. Maybe I should keep it? Give it back to The Heart when we go to Atlantis." he mused. "Oh, and Isa, can I tell Melgar what happened down there? About you being a key and everything?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa giggled when Moss kissed his forehead.

“I wonder who is missing this if it’s none of theirs . . . “Isa muttered, staring at the pointed crystal that’s held between two bare fingers. It’s really pretty, he admitted silently. Clear and yet has a teal-colored glow within , and it has a metal cap to create it as a pendent for a necklace. Indigo eyes looked past the crystal to observe Moss; giving him the crystal.

“Here ya go, Love.” Isa said before pausing. “Of course, ya ca- *cough!* *cough*”

He curled up onto Moss’ tail-nest, coughing into his fist. Then he relaxed, panting. “Y-yeah. That’s fine.”

———

Melgar made the searches spread as wide as the village, making sure the sirens weren’t in the empty homes of Cascata. Thanks to the information from the captured siren, he made sure to also check potential hidden shores nearby as well.

Oak had passed the message to the elves in the forests, so Cascata is empty and desolate during the storm and search. There were some jeweled-heart elves helping out too, roaming around on the outskirts of the village and forests. Melgar had asked Moss if he would like to help in the water searches, in case the sirens were swimming underwater to escape or help out on land along with the elves. Isa couldn’t join since he was sick and is the target, Doc would watch over him. If he wanted to stay with Isa, then Melgar won’t pursue this topic any further.

What would Moss like to do?

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss rubbed Isa's back, as he coughed. "Alright, I'll tell him later then." he kept the crystal, then curled up more snugly around him. Moss continued to spoon feed Isa all the while he was sick, and in the lull moments when he rested, Moss sang to him softly while gently combing his fingers through his hair.

Later, outside in the hallway, Moss shook his head at Melgar's request, protectively glancing back at Isa's closed door. "I'll stay with Isa. No offense or anything, Doc, I know you're a demon hunter too, but I'd feel much better if I was watching over Isa too." he grimly glared at the wall imagining the rest of those sirens daring to barge in the room and what he'd do with them if they did. "But, please, Melgar, if there are any updates, please tell me. Also, about what happened in the grotto . . ."

Moss took Melgar into Isa's room and told him everything that happened down there and also let Isa explain his side of the story.

"It was . . . it felt like fate, like the hand of an Ancient brought us to that place. There was one last gift that Melfina of the Elven clan was keeping, but I don't know who it's for or what it was. "

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

As Moss cared for Isa, feeding him, he’d notice that Isa is getting warmer and barely moving around as hours passed. Just as he is about to rest, he’d snuggle up to Moss’ cooling tail, and listen to him singing. Smiling happily before being lulled to sleep. The fever is kicking in and Isa didn’t want to leave the bed anymore, unless he has to like bathroom.

Outside of his room, Melgar and Doc sighed. Relief shown in their faces. “That’s fine with me. Gives me more confidence to check on the rest of the sect.” Doc said. The Drow nodded in agreement. “And I get to focus on the searches without having to worry for Isa. Send me a message in case anything happens. I’ll beat them to a pulp.” The duo got interested of what happened in the grotto and were surprised of this discovery. Of Isa dazing off and having one of his ancestors giving Moss a gift of transformation.

Melgar rubbed his chin, hearing Isa coughing violently before passing him a warm cup of water. “That is new . . .” He paused then looked at Moss. “You can tell him now. About his parentage . . . Once he is better first.” He said at the end as Doc tucked Isa in with warm blankets.

“In the mean time, since you’ll be here, make sure no one else gets inside this room. If the sirens are after him, then it’s best that he stays here.” Melgar advised. “If you need to move, then call for Father Ryn or Oak. They taught him dimension door.”

The duo left the room after Doc made sure to prepare what Moss needed for Isa’s fever, leaving the couple alone.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"I will." nodded Moss to Melgar. "And when you come here, and if they come here, we'll beat them up together." He punched his own palm.

After the two left, Moss asked a passing demon hunter if they could call Christine or Poppy over to help watch over Isa, if the two were free. If they were, Moss would leave them with Isa for a while, and then go out to the caravan quickly and bring Okami (who fwooped his face with his tail for forgetting to feed him last night) inside the room.

Okami wagged his tail, seeing Isa, and sniffed him, licking his foot, before wolfing down a late meal.

Moss now placed his spear next to the bedside table. With his flintlock pistol and daggers strapped on him, he snuggled in bed with Isa again, just watching him sleep as he touched him with his cool glowing white hands.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Christine and Poppy came by to watch over Isa and waited until Moss came back to leave again. They were about to begin their search for tonight. “We’ll come to visit!” Christine pipped up, waving happily while Poppy bashfully nodded at the couple before closing the door behind them.

Isa didn‘t respond to Okami licking his foot, panting heavily as he slept. Coughing occasionally before whining in his croaky throat. That is, until Moss snuggled him. His whining quietened down into a sigh of relief, happy to feel the comforting and cooling touch on his sweaty forehead. The redhead wiggled closer to Moss’ warmth, nuzzling his hot cheek on the merman’s chest with a weak smile.

——-

Two weeks. Two long and drawn out weeks have past and still no sign of the sirens. Melgar knew they were still in the area though, his team found traces of them living in several different spots. Some out in sea and others within or close to town. There were a couple of times that the elves alarmed the Sect when they spotted the merrow near the forests. They made sure that travelers were warned of them as well.

The sect took turns on guarding the temple, walking every hour in case anyone sneaked inside. Tonight is the same. Moss can hear footsteps echoing from outside the closed door, getting closer to pass the door, walking away. Isa sighed, enthusiastically petting Okami with a warm shawl over his shoulders; given to him by the elderly sect member, Aunty Turtledove. A gnome. Sitting on the edges of the bed, his cheeks flushed, but his complexion is better. Less sweaty and wasn’t coughing as much anymore.

The redhead is recovering from his long fever. According to Doc, the fever only lasted that long not just from the cold water, but also the fears and traumas of going underwater. His body went to shock. Now though, seems like he just needed rest—

and not move around a lot.

”Think everything is okay?” Isa asked Moss, peeking over his shoulder. The comforting dark room lit by the fireplace that’s keeping them warm. Hearing the waves crashing calmly as the tsunami and storm went away.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -
"2 Weeks Later"

Moss hummed, frowning from where he was standing in front of the fireplace waiting for the kettle to boil. "No. Not until those two have been caught."

Two weeks of waiting. A twinge of guilt passed through him as he remembered his friends. They were a mere few days away, yet Moss hadn't gone to them nor told them he had the cure to their curse. He crouched down, stoking the flames absently.

He didn't want to leave Isa, but if he could help hunt those kidnappers down, then they could go to Cascatta. Or no . . .

He glanced at Isa who was being nosed by Okami who had rolled over, showing his belly. And thought back at him coughing in the middle of the night, hot with fever, for a long time from being under the sea. He cannot put him through that again.

The kettle whistled.

Moss quickly took it with a mitten and poured tea in two mugs. "Isa? I think . . . I need to help with the hunt. And afterwards, I'll go back to Atlantis with my friends alone." He brought the tea over and moved his spell book where he had been inscribing new spells he learned from the sect the past two weeks, before sitting next to Isa.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa smiled and chuckled at Okami’s antics, reaching over to rub his belly. Then he looked up, brows furrowed in worry. Moss has been tense for these last two weeks and it’s because of those sirens. He sighed quietly. He wished that he wasn’t some sort of key to avoid this mess altogether.

The whistling sound broke his thoughts, he perked up to see Moss coming over to sit next to him with two cups of tea. Then just as he reached over a cup, Isa paused and stared at Moss with wide eyes. Frowning. “I wanna go with ya to Atlantis. I like being an octopus.” Hey, that means he gets to be cuddled by his beau as they swim. He is very much liking this plan and he doesn’t want to change it.

”I wanna go.” He repeated quietly as the echoes of footsteps outside their room sounded rushed and heavy. Like the people outside were running-

Isa looked at the door, raising a brow. “What the-?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss ignored the footsteps as he looked at Isa with a level stubborn gaze. Then he sighed and his look became softer. "Isa," he placed a hand on his shoulder, "I understand that you want to look after me, but I don't want to make you go through your trauma again." Moss pleaded patiently.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa snapped his head back from the door, staring at Moss with furrowed brows and stubborn frown. “ . . . I’m not leaving ya alone to face your past. Ya were there for me, let me do the same.” He sighed, pouting.

”Besides the sirens dragged me underwater. Ya made me into an octopus before going underwater, which I liked. . . Kept me warm from cold water.” The redhead muttered at the end. “ . . . Made ya happy too.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

" . . . " Moss sighed looking at the flickering flames for a while. "It might happen again . . . if we meet folk who hate me, they might hurt you to hurt me."

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back