• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Isa Bianchi -

Silence answered him. His ring is letting out a red thin light, pointing further down in the sea, and at the group of rock pillars.

By the shore, he could see several lights bouncing back and forth, with a man screaming orders. It was too far away for Moss to hear, but he could tell it was urgent. It seems like they were getting ready to go out in the sea in boats.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Dread dropped into Moss' stomach like an ice stab. His vision tunneled and he immediately dived, trailing bioluminescent teal, silver, and gold ink. Atlatean runes swirled up his arms. 'Christine, Isa's under the sea. Follow my ink trail, east, about half a mile off shore. Hurry!'

Moss never swam so fast in his life. And before his runes faded and he stopped trailing ink near the pillar of stones, he cast one more spell. Shadow and silence stretched from him, veiling him, making him one with the depths. And then quickly looked for Isa.

Tier I: Predator's Grace
A veil of shadows and silence radiates from you, masking you and your companions from detection. For the duration, each willing creature you choose within 1 Area of you (including you) has a +10 bonus to Stealth rolls and can’t be tracked except by magical means. A creature that receives this bonus leaves behind no tracks or other traces of its passage.
• Target: No. of creatures = Knowledge
• Casting Range: 1 Area
• Stealth Range: 1 Area
• Duration (concentration): No. of hours = Knowledge
Katsuya Katsuya

- Missing -

‘Oh thank Loki! We’re on our way!’ Christine replied back, grateful and relief flowed through. Urgency hinted in her voice. The voices were muffled under water.

As the Southern lights melded royal purples and rich reds together in the dark night sky, lighting a subtle glow to the ocean’s surface, Moss is closer to the rock pillars. With the largest pillar in the bunch, hidden within the tall seaweed forest, is a dark hole that can fit a large shark. Like a cave with several tunnels branching out from one spot, making it easy to get lost if one does not know the tunnels well enough. Moss can hear echoes of different voices, muffled.

There are five tunnels that he can pick from the entrance: One that leads up, one that leads down, one to the left, one to the right, and the last is the center.

Zer0 Zer0

- Searching -

Moss' anxiety didn't help him. His rush didn't help him. He kept seeing in his mind's eye, Isa paler than moonlight, floating, lips blue, eyes dead white. He stopped swimming in front of what must have been the hundredth dead end, gripped his hair and willed his shaking hands to calm and be still.

Isa was taken. He knew that. Waves could not catch him from the shore, he'd just dimension door to safety. There must be clues. He would have struggled.

Moss slowed down. Retraced his paths to the beginning. He dropped his fishing spear by the cave entrance, tried to make it look like something the sea just dragged from land. And then he slipped his ring off and slipped it through the shaft and burried that shiny part in the sand. Here's hoping Christine or Andrew would recognize his fishing spear from earlier and understand why he left the ring.

And then he saw it. Fingernail scratches on the walls. Heart beating with hope he followed.

There were long gaps between the signs of struggle, but there was enough for him to follow. Isa must have fought so hard.

After what seemed a long time, he felt the current become warmer and spotted a faint light from an opening above the end of a tunnel. Cautiously he approached and saw the blurry roof of a chamber from beneath the water. There was a pocket of air here . . .

Moss swam behind a pillar of coral and slowly peeked his head out.

He was in a domed chamber, and on the shore were sailors. The missing ones? They were walking around and carrying bones into another tunnel.

But what immediatelt got his attention was Isa.

Tied with what looked like sealing cuffs behind his back and blindfolded with a seaweed. He was shivering, he had bruises. And in front of him. Was a siren. But he had legs?

It was a man, pinching Isa’s chin and twisting his head side to side as if he was checking him out.

Like someone who wanted to eat a ripe apple.

Moss resisted the urge to slay him right then and there. He grabbed a shell, circled around, looking for a key or something he could use to pick Isa's lock and a route he could use to crawl up to shore and get close to him without being seen.

Health: Fresh | Toughness: 14 | Spell Power: 17|Manna: 3/7
Condition:​

Main Hand: Spartan Lance
"Cleave". Once per turn, you can make an area attack with -2 to hit, to damage a number of foes = Combat Skill that are clustered around you.

Off-Hand:

Armor:
None
Attachment I:
Attachment II:
Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Found -

There was no key, but he found a bone—- a femur—- with a sharp point at the end at the bottom of where he is swimming. When he came back up again, he’d notice the many stalagmites and stalactites formed around the room. Big enough to hide behind to reach Isa without the guy noticing.

”Ow!” The siren yelped. Isa had bitten his hand, spitting out blood as he grinned. Shaking but smug. “That was for the punches. Uruk-“

”If it wasn’t for the mere fact that you are a key, I would have eaten you by now.” The siren growled, gripping his neck tightly with clawed hands. “Stupid human, if only you didn’t have her blood in your veins or have to open that door . . . I would gladly tenderize you before I ate you.”

”Boo hoo, should I feel sorry for ya?” Isa growled back only to be forcibly be tossed to the floor. The siren had enough of his smart mouth, leaving him be for the time being. It’ll be soon anyways. Soon, they can open that door and finally be free from this curse . . .

Zer0 Zer0

- They Have All Chosen Death-

Moss picked up the femur, shuddering, then swam as close to Isa as he possibly could, hidden from the sight of the siren. Then he quietly crawled on to land. Hefting the shell he picked up, he waited until the siren wasn't looking at the entry way, then tossed the shell there.

Katsuya Katsuya
Health: Fresh | Toughness: 14 | Spell Power: 17|Manna: 3/7
Condition:

"Cleave". Once per turn, you can make an area attack with -2 to hit, to damage a number of foes = Combat Skill that are clustered around you.

Off-Hand:

Armor:
None
Attachment I:
Attachment II:

- Found -

A clacking sound then a plop in the water echoed in the cave, catching the siren's attention. Alarmed, he quickly moved away from Isa and walked to where he heard the shell hit the water.. Did anyone come?

Isa laid still, tense.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss cast a spell and an illusion of himself darted out from behind a rock and swam away, disappearing into the depths of the tunnel.

Katsuya Katsuya
Health: Fresh | Toughness: 14 | Spell Power: 17|Manna: 2/7

Off-Hand:

Armor:
None
Attachment I:
Attachment II:

- Found -

"Intruder!!!" The siren shouted. He jumped in the water after the illusion. The sailors stopped and just stood there as another person ran past them from the tunnel they were putting bones in. Another siren, a woman, followed the first one.

Then it was quiet afterwards.

Zer0 Zer0 0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Luprisca." Moss whispered ever so faintly for Isa's ears only. "Don't speak. Stay still. Pretend I'm not here." He crawled forward to where Isa was on the floor and began picking the lock. "How many of them are here? Tap with your finger."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Moss can see Isa is paling with flushed and bruised cheeks, hand marks on his neck, and there were ripped and scratch marks on his arms and chest. Shaking violently as if he couldn’t stop even when he wanted to. He almost flinched when he heard a familiar nickname before relaxing his shoulders. Relief flooded in his system, he almost wants to cry. Moss is here!

Isa gently tapped the floor with a shivering finger. One. Two. Three. Three sirens are here.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss created an illusion of a small mound of sand enough to cover him as he worked. There was a click and Isa felt the cuffs gently taken away. And Moss warm hand reassuringly held his. "Please pretend to be cuffed and stay here until you regain your magic. I'll create an illusion of the cuffs on you. Where did you last hear the other one? Please point."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Moss can see Isa’s finger pointing in the far left of the tunnels.

There, Moss can see that this is where the sirens were camping at, based on their items. Old gear of rusting armor, maps of different ocean floors, and papers describing something in old nazja. Something about how a certain demon huntress had sealed something precious away from them-

There are three beds of seaweed at a corner. No sight of a lamp or fire used, probably because they prefer the cold. On top of one of the beds is a familiar piece of crystal that Moss had seen before, dimly glowing white and teal. However the siren is nowhere to be seen.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss frowned. "I don't see them." he whispered. He pressed the pointy femur into Isa's hands and started to back away under the cover of his sand illusion into the water.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Challenge -

As Isa gripped on the femur tightly in his hand, a man’s voice echoed in the caves. Starting on a gentle note and growing intense in his rich and deep tones, causing the sailors to tense up.

“Let me sing for you,
slow and knowing.
Follow my song,
my flowing mane
into deeper waters~”

The redhead also tensed, hearing the familiar lyrics, the same ones that caused him . . To . . . Faint. The sailors started to run towards where Moss and Isa is.

”Slip under now,
I’ll hold you
and your breath,
I promise,
towing you lower~
lulled and languid~
your sodden flesh
sunken treasure~
for spiteful incisors~!”

Sang the shadowed figure that stepped out from his hiding spot; behind the wall to the room Isa pointed and close to the entrance. Moss can see him alluring smile, malicious in his intent.

”Follow my song~” He lulled sweetly.

Sailor 1 1/1hp
tranced| +1 combat

Sailor 2 1/1 hp
Tranced| +1 combat

Sailor 3 1/1 hp
Tranced| +1 combat

Siren 3\3hp
Gear| rusted armor: +1 in defense
Weapon| old lance: it looks like it was made long time ago
+3 charm| will sing to trance others to fight for him.
+3 combat | fights better underwater

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss didn't like not having legs right now. He curled backwards deeper into the water then surged forward and leaped over the shoreline into the group of sailors, spinning his spear in an attempt to sweep them all down before he crashed on the sand like a tossed fish out of water.

Katsuya Katsuya

Off-Hand:

Armor:
None
Attachment I:
Attachment II:

- Challenge -

Isa sat up after Moss tossed himself into the air from the water, quickly ripping his blindfold in time to see the merman sweep with his spear—-

And to see him fall on the gaggle of sailors, toppling them over. The sailors wiggled underneath Moss’ tail who’s smacking their faces and chest, trying to grab him still but unable to. His scales were too slippery-! The redhead quickly stood up, taking a second to steady his shaky knees before running up to the piled up group, and tucked his arms underneath Moss’ tail and arms.

”I got ya.” He muttered, pulling him up close to his chest, and ran to the water. Hoping he could give Moss the advantage-!

The siren clicked his tongue before he continued to sing; somehow giving orders to the sailors in his song. The sailors stood up slowly, like lethargic zombies in a comedy. Then they followed behind Isa, ready to swing their arms around to catch them.

Sailor 1 | 1\1HP
Toughness: 10
Tranced: +1 combat

Sailor 2 | 1/1HP

Sailor 3 | 1/1HP

Siren | 3/3HP
Toughness: 14
Gear| rusted armor: +1 in defense
Weapon| old lance: it looks like it was made long time ago
+3 charm| will sing to trance others to fight for him.
+3 combat | fights better underwater
Isa | 2/3HP
Gear| nope
Weapon| nope

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

"Wait! Isa! Toss me back! Toss me like a log at them!" he pointed at the sailors. "You need your hands to fight! And I need to stay on land!"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Challenge -
“Toss me like a log!”

Isa looked at Moss in disbelief. Raising a brow at him before sighing. He does have a point . . .

”Fine!” Only because his love wants to-! Isa turned around and spun once to toss the merman at the sailors-!

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Yelling a war cry, Moss spun like a top in the air, and this time the heavy blunt end of his spear swept across the sailors, flinging them back, before he landed with an "Oof!" on the sand. The sailors didn't rise again. He propped himself up his elbows, flung back silver hair blocking his eyes and pointed the steel of his spear at the siren. "You're next!"

Katsuya Katsuya
Condition: 4 | Roleplay Points: 1

Off-Hand:

Armor:
None
Attachment I:
Attachment II:

- Challenge -
“Tossing!”​

It actually worked?!

Of all the baffling things-

The siren growled at Moss’ threatening declaration, grabbing his own lance, and ran over to stab him. Isa also ran towards his beau, though fearful of what might happen. He watched with wide eyes as the siren got closer and closer, aiming his lance-

Only to trip on one of the sailors’ arms and pierced the sand instead. Face-planting in front of Moss.

Taking this chance, Isa picked Moss up again. “Ready, Love?” Then dropped him on top of the siren’s back, causing him to dig deeper in the sands.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

It was like dropping a piranha with a spear. Moss fell spear thrusting down and attempted to grapple the siren, but it was just so awkward fighting on land as a slippery tail flipping merman that he missed, as he was kicked off.

Katsuya Katsuya
Grapple
No damage. Melee attack. -1 hit. Grappled target has -4 to rolls, while attacks against it have +4. Grappled target cannot speak and cannot move away from place, but can be dragged 5 ft. at the moment of grapple. And then dragged at half speed as a minor action. Allies of the grappled target have a chance to hit their friend if they miss the grappler. You may deal damage, but make the grapple roll with -2 accuracy.
Resist: Survival vs Grappler's last combat roll against grappled target.

- Challenge -

The siren kicked Moss off and grappled with him-

Before slipping off the merman somehow. Was Moss too slippery? Either way, Isa decided to help his beau by nudging his aim. Having him strike the siren with his lance as he picked him off again.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -
"Victory"

"Thanks, love!" Moss was raring to have a go at Isa's kidnapper and flipped, tail-smacking him so hard across the face, the siren spun like a ballerina before face-planting one last time on the sand.

Panting, Moss turned on his back and laid there catching his breath. He spat out his silver hair that was tangled across his face. "Isa," he groggily reached out webbed hand for him, "are you okay?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Victory~“​

Gasping at the sheer strength Moss has, to be able to jump out of Isa’s arms, pushing him down on the Sandy ground, and flip around in the air gracefully; Isa couldn’t look away, starry eyed as Moss smacked the siren. “Woah.” He muttered, well that answered his question of how strong is that tail. The core strength is incredible . . . He wondered what else could he- . . .!?

He covered his reddening face with his hands. What was he thinking-?! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Isa perked up at the sound of his name and went over to the tired merman. Falling to his knees and tenderly grabbed his webbed hand between both of his own non-webby cold ones. His smile didn’t reach his eyes because of the bruises on his face, however he is grateful and relieved to see Moss again. “I am now.” He purred, pulling Moss’ hand up to his face to cup his too warm cheek.

Isa almost didn’t want to move away, but after a quick minute of thinking, he decided to cuff the siren’s wrists with the sealing cuffs. Then tied his legs and stuffed his mouth with seaweed. A ton of seaweed. Afterwards, he sat next to Moss, pulling him close in a hug as they relaxed for now. The merman would feel Isa shivering and yet he is too warm to be cold. Face flushed and pale at the same time.

“ . . . How are ya feeling, Moss?” Isa asked after a few minutes of silence, nuzzling his face into Moss’ shoulder. Concerned for the merman’s mental state after Andrew’s unwanted verbal bashing.

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back