• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Isa Bianchi -

Barely auditable, Isa nodded and said in a whisper no louder than a leaf crinkling. “Okay.” Then he nuzzled his face into the crook of Moss’ neck and shoulder. The merman can feel wetness dripping on his shoulder after a few quiet sniffling. The little sprout on his head stood a little higher, bouncing it’s leaves as energetic as it possibly could while Isa felt down. Which is not much, it was slow but meaningfully determined. It was a long wait for Isa to be brave on seeing this room again.

Eventually, Isa had pulled Moss down to the floor, sitting on him as he cuddled in Moss’ comforting arms. His own arms wrapped around him loosely before an arm dropped for his hand to play on a side fin; just gently rubbing and feeling the webbing trails. A few minutes after that, the redhead had leaned back a bit, revealing his pinkish puffy eyes and weak smile. He pecked Moss’ forehead adoringly before nuzzling it with his own. “ . . . Shall we leave then?” He seemed better, keeping his eyes on Moss’ teal ones instead of searching the room like before.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss held Isa tighter, keeping him together and continued to press long kisses on the side of his head. Fingers combed through his hair, and rubbed up and down his back. When Isa pulled him down to the floor, his tail curled like a safe nest around him. His side fin was Isa's and he's splayed it open on his hand letting him do anything he wanted.

A few minutes after that, gentle worried teal eyes look up at Isa's puffy pinkish ones. Moss cupped his cheeks and Isa saw in his face that same expression a long time ago when they were in the mines, a desire to protect Isa, this time from his memories. He smiled encouragingly back. He closed his eyes when Isa pecked his forehead and nuzzled him comfortingly hard back.

"Yes." Moss whispered.

He gave him one last big hug before they got up. He kept his hand in his and stayed very close all the time and even after they left the house, just ready to comfort Isa if he needed to. Moss still didn't know what to say, but he was a hundred percent with him.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
Before they left the house, Isa went to his mother’s room and grabbed the red plush. Not wanting to leave it alone in the house anymore.

Isa squeezed Moss’ hand as they left the house and into the neighborhood, grateful of him being there. He is still learning on how to let things go, including on being open and vulnerable. At least, he can say he tried to face his past. He can try again next time and it’s nice to know that he wouldn’t be alone. The walk to his mother’s grave started out quiet, what with the redhead needing the quiet to gather his scattered thoughts. Thankfully, he started to talk about other things. Lighthearted things.

“What are ya thinking of making for dinner, Moss?” He asked, sticks crunching under his feet as they trailed into the outer parts of the forests. “Oh! We can try to make their dishes turn their tongues and teeth into a different color for a day.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss just settled into the silence, holding Isa's hand and taking in the smells of the forest. Every now and then he would glance at him and find him gathering his thoughts. Moss just gave him space, but reassured with a casual rub from his thumb that he was there in case Isa needed him.

"I don't know." said Moss bracingly. "I thought of making something you like. And that's a good idea! I think there was a recipe about that in Mistakes are Great. I don't know why, but apart from Highland food, there's prank food there written in a different handwriting, though I swear I'd seen it somewhere. Ah! But before we prank them, Isa, we need to have the bet with the rules and punishment declared this lunch time, so that it will be official and they'll be bound to it~"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa brightened, smiling at his beau. Then he chuckled in disbelief. “There’s a prank recipe in Renee’s cookbook? My goodness.” The now standing tall sprout on his head waved it’s chubby leaves, recovered. “Must have been the twins, knowing them.”

He squeezed Moss’ hand gingerly. “Ah, of course~ then we’d better return for lunch.” The redhead agreed, sighing as he plopped his head on the merman’s shoulder. “Hmmm~ maybe we can make something that we like instead? Want me to help?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"No, no, I want to visit your mom. I think it's okay if we're a little late for lunch preparation." Moss rubbed his nose on Isa's sprout, silently wishing encouragements for it to hang in there, before he sniffed Isa's hair. "Yes, I like it when we cook together. I want to make takoyaki! It's been months since I last had it." and Moss took out his journal, listing additional ingredients they need to buy for their chosen dinners.

He passed by a page of names on his journal, names of contacts and people. He mused as they passed under the trees. He knew some good people and merfolk in Cascata he could ask to create a safehouse here complete with an alias in Isa's hometown. A place where Isa would be safe, a place where he could send important people to him to be kept safe. Yeah, Moss will send some letters tomorrow.

Katsuya Katsuya

BCFA7EA9-F82A-4C6B-8BB2-A7434CEB3A1D.jpeg

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa hummed, nodding once before chuckling when Moss sniffed his hair. The sprout‘s leaves waved on Moss’ nose gratefully. “Takoyaki, it is! Perfect timing too since we live near a coast.”

‘The redhead led Moss to an open space, stones standing and have human-esqe figures surrounded a flat one that had stairs, it had carvings like a ruin would have. Covered in snow and moss, oddly enough, with a red leaved tree on the edges. On the top of the slab and leaning on the tree’s bark is a simple tombstone, etched ‘With loving memory, Emilia Bianchi’. There were flowers leaning in the tombstone, new and alive still as if someone recently placed them there.

Isa sighed and sat on the ground (dirt on the stone?) in front of the tombstone. Smiling awkwardly. “Hi Mom.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss looked on at the many tombstones, a part of him solemn, another part fascinated that they shaped their tomb stones like figures of their dead. Having always passed this cliff-side area of the Forbidden Forest through the sea, he had never gotten to know the culture of Isa's hometown. These were the tombs of demon hunters. Heroes. He had not thought to bring flowers and made a mental note to ask Isa later what is a good offering to give to the dead.

He floated quietly behind Isa and placed a hand on his shoulder. He didn't say anything, just floated down and sat with him. Eventually he said, "Hello, Mrs. Bianchi."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa paused for a moment when he felt Moss’ hand on his shoulder and before he sat with him, the redhead took off his cloak. Revealing hid favorite purple trench coat underneath. Quickly stretching it out like a picnic blanket for his beau to sit on next and behind him. Then he gingerly pulled Moss’ end fins over his lap as he sat back down. Having the merman completely wrapped around him as he decidedly talked with his mother. “Before ya scold me for not being proper.” He chuckled.

” . . . Sorry that I haven’t visited much- Ah! Right.” Isa checked in his coat pocket and pulled out the beautiful reddish-purple stone. Digging a little hole in front of the tombstone to place the stone in the ground and filling it up again. He smiled warmly, pulling his hands back to gently rub Moss’ tail, and feeling his scales mindlessly. “Here’s your soul back, Mom. Moss helped me find ya . . . He’s my fiancé now, so I won’t be alone now. I’ll make sure to keep his company too.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss' heart skipped a beat at Isa's gentlemanly act. He floated down on his coat and comfortingly hugged him, curling tight around him briefly. He was glad Isa felt close enough with him to just use him as a body scarf whenever he needed comfort, and he spread his tail fin on his lap, letting him play with it's long skirt like length. His teal, dark green, silver and gold scales glittered like small overlapping shields in the patches of sun that shone through the trees.

Moss was silent for a while as Isa talked. Just letting him have the quiet with his mom.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa leaned into Moss’ hug, comforted to continue with his talk as he played with his tail fin gently. It was random, the topics the redhead chose to talk were lighthearted . . . As lighthearted as Isa‘s adventures were.

“I jumped off a huuuuuuge Goliath, Mom! Moss scolded me after since it was exploding. He was worried. Right, Love?” He chuckled. He talked about Moss’ change and how enamored he became at the sight of his true form. He talked about the adventures they went through. He talked about a lot of things and Moss would realize how much Isa wanted to talk to his mother, but never did. It felt like he never visited her before until now, the years of growing up, traveling, and never coming to even visit her grave, all to catch Manuel and get his revenge.

Isa felt fulfilled, emotionally relieved, that he returned his mother’s stone back to her resting space.

The redhead sighed as his stomach growled, reminding them of lunch. He regrettably leaned back from the merman, pushing himself with his arms and hands on the covered ground. “Well Mom. It’s nice talking with ya. I promise to visit again.”

He helped Moss float, picking him up by placing his arms tucked where his bottom would be when he was human, and nuzzled under his chin before letting him go. After he made sure Moss will float first, of course. Then he picked up his cloak to wrap around him again. Holding his hands once more as they went back to the town. “Which ingredients do we need for lunch?” Isa asked, letting Moss take over the trip once more, smiling warm as he became excited to help out.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"I was! He didn't tell me what he was doing! And he did it two more times even though he promised to tell me!" he looked at Isa with a stern deadpan and pulled his cheek.

He grumpily tried not to smile when Isa said he was enamored by his true form, and just looked ahead, a little red, with his tail swishing. He added his comments every now and then to Isa's story, telling Isa's mom who is --- and he hoped, if she accepted, his mom now --- all the new recipes he learned, and his successful experiments with desert fruit jams and jellies.

He smiled, as he watched Isa being happy just speaking and speaking to her. He thought about their plan to live in Bird Village in that special beach . . . Isa liked company. He liked having a family. Maybe they could live in Bird Village itself or closer and just visit the beach as their special place, so that Isa can be surrounded and see people who care about him everyday. If they lived in that beach they'd be isolated. One day he'll suggest this to him too.

"See you, Mrs. Bianchi, or . . . or if you'll let me call you . . . mom. I'll visit you again with Isa too! Also . . . I hope that I am acceptable to you. I will take care of Isa all my life. Allow us to ask for your blessings." And he bowed with his forehead touching the ground.

He looked up in surprise when Isa picked him up, and hugged his head when he nuzzled him. When Isa made to let go, Moss held him tighter, just a moment longer. And squeezed him, feeling relieved too that Isa looked like he felt better.

When he was floating in the air again, Moss looked back at the grave and waved good-bye. He held Isa's hand and feeling comforted, went with him back to town.

"We need fifteen pounds of baby octopi!" he told Isa cheerfully.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

“I’m shaooweee!” Isa whined, his words muddled from the pull on his cheek. He watched secretly how his tail swished and smiled bright, decidedly not to tease him about it as he talked more with Moss and his mother. He was surprised to see Moss bow at his mother after asking for her blessing, turning pink as he looked away for a second . . . and he did the same. “Please.”

As the couple walked through the woods, Isa squeezed his hand. “Fifteen pounds?! . . . Okay then!” He smiled back. With their hasty and excited pace, they made it into town to look for their ingredients. There is one small problem though . . .

”There’s no more octopus?!” Isa exclaimed, the vendor in front of him nodded sadly. “Sorry, Isa but we ran out. We barely have any fish to sell too.”

” . . . But we live by the shore. How can ya run out?”

”The fishermen are scared to go out in the sea.” Isa raised a brow. Aren’t the sailors a bunch of tough guys? How can they be scared? Not even weather can scare them.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"There's no more octopus?!" Moss said at the same time as Isa. "What do you mean the sailors are too scared?" He thought of the Forest Spirit, the goliath that lived in the Forbidden forest. He hoped that wasn't the reason why the fishermen aren't going out, Moss needs to impress Isa's family. Goliath be darned, he was going to go and hunt anyway if ever that was the case. No great giant was going to come in between him and getting their approval.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

The vendor, Salvatore, stared at the pair before squinting his eyes. He swung his old broken smoking pipe with just his tongue to the other side of his lips. “I heard from the docks. The men are afraid to disappear within the mists.”

”Disappear? What do ya mean?” Isa asked.

”They be sailin’ in the ocean, all calm like. Suddenly, a fog covers their sights and they can hear a song. Someone is singing to them, trancing them to follow it. The weak-willed ones go first, jumping off the boats and into the cold waters . . . And we never see them again.” The vendor retold before huffing, the pipe puffed a small fluffy grey cloud. “This has been happening for a few days now and no one is brave enough to see why. About four people went missin’ too.”

” . . . Have ya told the sect yet?”

”Yes, they are currently looking into it at the moment. Your master is the leader for the search.”

”Melgar?!” Isa hummed. “So that’s why I haven’t seen him . . . I guess he took the others too.”

“The town has been thinking of trading with other villages but they cost us more and we can’t afford it. Not collectively. So we’re in a bind.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Oh no, that sounds like the bad sirens." said Moss. He looked at Isa. "They are old school merfolk from a 'pure'," Moss rolled his eyes, emphasizing with two webbed fingers from each hand, " bloodline, they don't adhere to the new laws and still keep to the tradition of eating humans." He sighed. "Guess I'm moving lunch tomorrow." He turned back to the vendor. "Do you know where they are hunting? I really need to get some octopus."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa blinked owlishly. “There’s . . . man-eating sirens?” That’s new, he figured merfolk didn’t like to eat human flesh. Does that mean- . . . Has . . . Has Moss eaten human before? Doesn’t seem like he is struggling about that, so perhaps not. There’s a slight relief spreading in his body; as much as he loves Moss, he doesn’t know how to feel about potentially being eaten by him. He’s not gonna leave him alone either!

The vendor stared at Moss. Frowning in worry. “ . . . Are ya sure? Ya be putting yurself in danger.”

”We’ll be fine.” Isa piped up, grinning. “We’re only going fishing and it’s not gonna be a big boat.”

The vendor didn‘t look convinced but caved in and told them. “I heard the disappearances happen over at the east of here, close to the rocky pillars in the deep waters.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Thanks for the info, mister." Moss nodded at Salvatore. "Do you want to go fishing at the far west side?" he asked Isa. "Maybe we can ask Poppy and Christine to watch over us too? Or someone with an aquatic lineage in your sect? Then I can hear more adorable stories about you too~" Moss grinned.

Katsuya Katsuya

D80AB42F-1B2B-4846-AED6-0B4B339E4D67.jpeg
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa nodded determinedly. “Yeah, let’s ask Christine and Poppy if they can. If not, we can always ask others in the sect too.” Then he deadpanned.

” . . . Maybe not that last part, love.” He muttered, sticking his tongue out before looking at the vendor. “Thank ya for telling us, Sir.” With that, Isa held Moss’ hand and off they went to get the other ingredients before heading back to the sect.

———

On the western seashore of Montagna, Isa helped pack what they needed on the boat they borrowed from one of the sailors. It was big enough to fit four people comfortably and they can walk around without having to fear it tipping over. A thud behind made him jump as he looked from what caused it. Hearing a familiar grumbling from a familiar bespectacled face.

“More moving, less complaining, Andrew!” Christine yelled, chilling on the boat’s bow with her arms behind her head. The middle aged man glowered at her after he dropped the cooler on the boat’s floor.

”Hush, Christine! For Loki’s sake, why did you drag me out here in this forsaken boat?!” Then he glared at Isa who wickedly grinned back. “With him, no less!”

”Because you know where the octopi would be and navigate by looking at the sky, Andrew.” Christine replied brightly.

” . . . It’s octopus. It’s both singular and plural.”

”No, it’s not.”

”Yes, it is and whoever uses octopi is not as smart as they want to believe!” Andrew snapped back before huffing. “Why me? Exactly when I was about to have an epiphany of the ruins nearby too . . . ” Isa rolled his eyes, sighing as he decidedly left Andrew alone in his mutterings. As much as he loved his family in the sect, there are some he rather leave alone. Andrew being one of them.

”Well? Are we ready to go or not?” Andrew asked, crossing his arms. “Who’s steering this ship?”

Christine poked his cheek. “You, silly. We’re fishing.”

” . . . Very well.” Andrew compiled, pushing his glasses up before he held onto the steering wheel.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss, embarrassed, quietly ducked his head into the sea after Andrew said, ' . . . and whoever uses octopi is not as smart as they want to believe!'. He came back up when the grumpy Andrew man asked if they were ready. "Ready!" said Moss, securing his battle spear over his back and belt of bottled component pouches around his waist. He carried another thinner fishing spear in his hand, and swam next to the boat as they made their way west.

"So, Christine --- splash --- what more stories --- splash ---," Moss was speaking every time he came up the waves, "can you tell me about Isa-minamini?"

He had started calling Isa this after they got back to the sect and told everyone the lunch he planned was cancelled because of lack of octopi. He ended up spending time with Poppy, asking about the fishing areas here since he learned he liked animals. And along their conversation the shy man shared with him the names of baby animals. Now Moss had been alternating baby names for Isa. So far, he liked minamini best.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Andrew sighed from everyone’s confirmation and muttered something under his breath. The boat jerked suddenly as a gust of wind filled the sails open, causing the boat to move off the shore and into the sea. With the glasses man on the steer, Isa felt like he can check the rest of the boat in case there were any holes, ignoring his own face turning red from Moss’ nickname for him.

Christine giggled, leaning on the boat’s rim as to talk with Moss. “Heck yeah, I do! The times he had to stay with us, he would bug Father Ryn so much! Hahah! Once he was scolded for going to the ruins nearby and Isa stuffed poison oak in Father’s Ryn’s seat pillow. Needless to say, his butt was itchy.” She chortled.

”He’s a smart kid-“

”More sentimental, really.” Andrew huffed from the steering wheel. “I can’t believe he came back with the likes of- Oof!” Christine elbowed his side, causing him to crumble as he covered the area she elbowed, and she took over with a bright smile.

“But yeah~ Isa as a kid was funny.” She continued to talk and tell Moss of Isa’s childhood, all the pranks he made and done, and his adventures with Father Ryn looking for him. Andrew, from where Moss can see, was curling away from the seemingly peaceful woman, grumbling curses under his breathe.

They stopped by the reefs, a place that Isa was curious about as he peeked over the rim to see the colorful corals and sea life. There was stone pillars further ahead with a slight chilling mist swirling on the horizons. He looked at his beau, smiling weakly. “Think we’ll find enough octopi, love?” He asked as Christine lowered a heavy iron anchor to steady the ship.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss backstroke swam along the boat, just listening to Christine with great attention, though his expression did falter when Andrew said, ' . . . with the likes of ---', and he suddenly became conscious and stopped swimming all casually, and swam properly with good form looking more regal on the sea.

"I hope so." said Moss, already pulling the net from the boat into the waters. Expertly he tied them into many bag pockets. Then he swam a little closer, and making sure Andrew wasn't close enough to hear, whispered, "What does Andrew mean, the likes of me?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa leaned in lower to hear what Moss was saying and snorted. Obviously Isa had heard him too and greatly disliked the implications from the way he twisted his face in annoyance towards the bespectacled man. “Ignore him, honey. Andrew is always angry at the world.” He pecked Moss on the tip of his nose.

”For now, let’s just fish the octopI, yeah?” The redhead is going to distract Moss as much as he could from Andrew, this is his mission now. Feeling protective once more. He made sure, during their time fishing for the octopus, that Andrew stayed far away as humanely possible from Moss. Having Christine talk with him instead of call him over whenever he had ‘questions’. Over time, as the morning rolled to the afternoon, the clouds grew darker. The small and calm waves began to grow bigger and bigger, rocking the boat side to side.

The group managed to get twelve pounds of octopus when Andrew yelled out “We need to leave! It’s getting dangerous.” He looked at Moss. “Would ya like to come up so you don’t get separated from us?” He asked as Christine hurriedly pulled up the anchor. Isa leaned over the boat’s rim and reached out to offer his hand.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss shook his head. "No, it's safer under water! Do you all want to come with me?!" Moss began casting a spell, glowing teal Atlantean runes swirling up his arms, and stretched out a hand to Isa and Andrew.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“It’s cold for humans!” Andrew yelled over the roaring waves, gripping tightly on the boat’s sail’s pole. Though he walked over and reached out immediately, seeing the logic from where Moss was coming from. Isa hesitated, however. Fear settling in his eyes as he watched the large waves rolling and trying to topple the ship; almost pushing it over.

“Okay-“

”Ah!” SPLASH!! Thud!

Isa peeked over his shoulder, looking to where Christine should be when she was pulling the anchor… only to yell for her name. She fell off the ship!

”Christine!!”

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back