• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa chuckled and leaned on Moss as he recovered. The redhead started to play with his creamy white hair before braiding it.

Zer0 Zer0

- Next Morning -

The next day, Moss blearily opened his eyes, sniffing something delicious, but that was weird because they were in their bedroom. Why does his pillow feel sticky? And his hair felt heavier than usual . . .

His vision focused on yellow feathers scattered on red hair. "Uhh, Isa?" Moss sat up, confused. "O thee mou! What!? Those guys . . . " Moss grinned knowingly looking around their room, expecting to see them. There was honey and feathers everywhere. He felt his hair. It was dripping and when he pulled out his hand it was covered in canary feathers. "Okay, okay~" he nodded, already thinking of how to get back at probably Christine who likely headed this.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

That next morning, when Moss woke up, he’d see their entire room covered with white strings. Hanging from the ceilings and weaved intricately like a spider had done it. Having the webs on the corners and across the entire room to the walls. Then there’s the canary feathers.

Moss and Isa’s hair have yellow feathers, tucked under their strands of hair, and glued with honey. The sprout on Isa’s head had the feathers too, glued with feathers and honey on it’s chubby leaves.

Moss heard a quiet groan from beside him after he exclaimed and Isa pushed himself up with an arm. Rubbing his left eye blearily as he mumbled his words. The blanket piled behind him as he bent his knees forward, arching a bit as he leaned over his pillow; revealing his honey-covered and marked torso. “Mosssh? Wha’s w’ong?”He blinked a few times, thinking for a few minutes before deadpanning.

“Tell me I’m blind . . .” Isa muttered as he stared at the door. “ . . . Wanna get revenge, Love?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Next Morning -

"Yessssssss." Moss grimaced, pulling feathers off of Isa's head. Then he paused looking up and down his lithe pose. "Isa, can I clean the honey off with kisses?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa blinked owlishly before smiling alluringly. One corner of his mouth quirked up and revealing his sharp teeth as his red cheeks plumped up. Then he let’s himself drop on the pillow with a ‘plop’, arms bent and hands close to his head. His sticky feathery hair frames his coy face.

”Breakfast’s served~”

———-

Dazed with happiness, Isa asked Moss if he wanted to cook together or if he wanted to eat from somewhere else. Then he turned bright red; he kept remembering what just happened and the redhead couldn’t help it. He’d feel shy for even saying such a cheesy line again-!

”What should we do to Christine and Poppy as revenge?” Isa muttered, tucking his hands in his pockets. The couple found the note among the string. “Cookies? Jelly in their shoes? Frogs in their clothes? Snow? Freezing honey?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss laughed. "I like how we just have fun with these things~" and pounced on Isa.

He was glad his hubby was playful~ and thoroughly cleaned him.

* * * *​

"I want to eat in town." smiled Moss, happy to have pleased Isa. "I can buy the ingredients for this lunch time too." He thought about their revenge as he floated with him down the cliff road.

"Hmmmm, thing is I don't know them well enough to decide which one is the best." Then Moss did a tail curl, hands in meditation like how Isa does it pose in the air. "Oh, Ancient Loki, please tell us which prank is the best! I will offer my first prank to you!"

And then Moss suddenly gasped. "Isa! I have an idea! Puns! A war treaty! We have to make this prank war official and the loser has to speak in puns or cringy lines for the rest of our visit!"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa nodded once, taking a deep breathe as he took a whiff of the piney and sea salty air. White puff of air escaped his pink lips as they walked down the cliff road, safely close to the edge of the cliff itself. Hearing the waves crashing softly. The sky was light gray and cloudy, normal for spring in this area. Barely an inch deep snow crunched underneath his footsteps. A creamy white cloak billowed around his boots as the breeze gently ruffled their hair and the red leaves of the bordering forests.

Dazed indigo eyes peeked at the merman, happily watching how his own creamy locks were in a loose braid before blinking owlishly. Fully turning his head towards him as he prayed to Loki. Then he smiled, chuckling. “Ya know, if ya are serious, he might actually speak to ya in a dream.”

Isa took a gloved hand out, pulled the glove off, and reached out to hold Moss’ hand. Intertwining their fingers gingerly. He blinked again and snorted. “That sounds like a good idea! It’ll be funny to see Chrissy and Poppy speak in cringy puns. Heheheh~” Yeah, he’s determined to not let that happen to them. Else . . . He might implode in embarrassment.

“What food are ya cravin’ for?” Isa asked, changing the subject. “Cause I’m hoping to get one of my favorites~ seafood risotto ~”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss smiled and floated closer to Isa, wrapping his fingers around his, and playfully bumped his shoulder, side fin caressing the side of his white cloak. " I think I would be scared at first from the descriptions you told me, and then remember that he's okay and relax." Moss chuckled.

He hummed at the mention of seafood risotto, "Then I'd like to try that too! I want to know all the food that you like." It would probably make Isa happy, Moss pondered, if wherever they went Isa could eat whatever food he craved, be it something from Montagna, Bird Village, because Moss knew how to cook them. It was precisely why he had brought his foodie journal with him today~

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

His cheeks flushed pink as he playfully bump his shoulder back. Looking enamored when he felt the light brushing of his side fin before leaning in to gingerly nibble on Moss’ ear fin. Then he chuckled, hot air tickled his ear. “That’s good to hear.” He cooed before leaning his head on Moss’ shoulder.

The redhead brightened and gulped. Starry eyed at the thought of eating all of his favorites- “Ahhhh~ then we should go explore the market place too. So we can build our appetite while walking around. Maybe they started on decorating for the spring solstice ~” That means potential festival food~

And indeed, Isa had guessed correctly. The town had started decorating, becoming colorful compared to the white snow and grey skies. Wreathes of pine and flowers hang on doors, with strawberries and blueberries hanging on the wreaths. Snow flowers, a white five petal flower grown during spring, are wrapped around the railings and on the edges of the houses’ roofs. A pole stood in the middle of the square with ribbons attached to the top, the men were pulling it up and steadying it. People were building a stage with benches covered in colorful ribbons. Women were weaving baskets while children were carrying eggs, ready to dye them. The vendors were setting up their stands, the air wafting of delicious food in their testing. The grills sizzling and just like before, Isa followed his nose to a stand where it had seafood risotto.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss nodded and watched in fascination as they entered into town, gracefully greeting folks with a smile and a wave and generally politely ignoring all the stares as people realized there was a handsome floating merman in their midst. And . . . holding the hand of Isa! Isa whom they haven't seen in a long time!

"We came at a good time then! When is the spring solstice for Montagna?" said Moss as he followed Isa to said stand.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -
“Montagna al Tramonto”​

Shovels revealed the cobbled stones underneath the snow, luckily for the missed redhead who hadn’t have to worry about tripping or slipping. Villagers had stopped in their tracks to stare at Moss and Isa for various reasons. Some smiled brightly while others suspiciously stared at the merman. Like how is he floating? And why is he holding hands with Isa, the one who is usually frowning? How did he get him to smile so happily?

Magic?

The redhead stopped in front of a stand that‘s serving risotto of all flavors. Tomato, pork, chicken, seafood, and apples- wait, apples? It was decorated to the brim with pine wreaths and fruits. The brown haired elf vendor of the stand stared at Isa with recognition before smiling brightly. “Welcome~ want some risotto?” His tone expressed that he knew Isa would want some.

”The festival starts around about two days.” Isa replied to Moss before answering the vendor in his mother’s language.

Yes, please. Two seafood risotto.“ Isa held up two gloved fingers, grinning lightly. The vendor nodded. “Coming right up! . . . It’s nice to see you again, Isa.”

The redhead froze before looking away, pouting. His cheeks turned pink. “Smiling too. Are the both of you staying for the festival?” The vendor asked amiably as he stirred the seafood pot—-it was a big as Moss’ torso, just enough for the whole village with the other flavors. Moss can smell the crab, shrimp, and clam in the broth, seasoned with hints of lemon. The rice is steaming hot too.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Yes we are." Moss said cheerfully in his Nazja accented Tramonto dialect. He waved his silk-webbed hand above the pot, wafting the scent of the risotto his way and took a deep breath. "That smells good~ that's Atlantean clams, alright. Have you known Isa long, mister?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa huffed as the elf vendor smiled widely at Moss. “Why, yes. I love using Atlantean clams for the seafood risotto. It gives a nice savory flavoring.” Then his smile softened.

Most of us who lives here do. We knew of his mother as well, brave woman she is.” The redhead stayed silent, leaning his head on Moss’ shoulder as the vendor talked. “Every time she went out on a job, she’d leave Isa either with one of us or with her sect. We’d watch over him as he ran around with a huge book in his chubby arms. Wanting to share more about our history and the region.“ The vendor chuckled as he pulled out two huge bowls. Then he pulled the ladle out of pot and poured the ricey goodness in the bowls.

Thanks to him and his little facts long ago, I got to use the Atlantean clams ya smelled.” The vendor mentioned. “It brought in some merfolk visitors and traders though around this season it’s pretty rare to see one outside of the waters. Are you Isa’s friend?

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

At, chubby arms, Moss glanced at Isa and smiled, tail swishing, imagining him all smol and being that friendly kid who liked talking and talking with wondrous eyes at all the knowledge he was learning.

Moss shook his head. "No, I'm his fiancé~" he flapped his side fin, showing off the ring there glinting in the sunlight and smiled tenderly at Isa. He squeezed his hand. "My name is Moss, and you are?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa saw Moss looking at him and pouted. His cheeks turned pink again as he watched his tail swishing, then he held his side fin gently. The vendor perked up at the couple, smiling in disbelief. His eyes stared at the ring before looking at Moss. “Really? With Isa? Our Isa? Congratulations ~” He cheered calmly, nodding his head.

He placed the bowls in front of him, steaming ready for the couple. Isa squeezed his hand back. “My name is Julius Abbot. It’s nice to meet you, Moss.” The vendor, Julius, nodded. “And enjoy~”

The redhead huffed as he reached for the spoon and took a spoonful of the seafood goodness. Warming up his belly, he melted on the spot, his shoulders relaxed. “Soooo good~” He missed this flavor, he missed his comfort food. It has been years since he ate this dish. Moss would notice the simple yet effective method of using water to enhance the flavors more.

After they finished their dishes, Isa gave Moss a tour of his hometown. Showing the marketplace, having stands jutting out of the wooden store fronts, with a tarp to cover the stand in case snow comes down. Decorations of flowers and pine swirled around the poles and scalloped on the edges. Fruits in the wooden cubbies, if not fruits, definitely cotton candy, caramel apples, bananas dipped in dark cocoa—- it was sweets galore. The air smelled of baked goods from the bakeries, baking bread and honeyed cupcakes. Moss can hear vendors yelling about their goods, trying to invite the good people to buy something from them. Isa showed Moss the small library that he used to read in, telling him that they only had normal stories. “Maybe the last novel for Ninjas of love is in here?”

The merman will see that Julius was telling the truth. Most of the residents recognized Isa, either having two reactions: glee or slight suspicions. As if he pranked them before and they were ready for his craziness.

After that, Isa asked if there was anywhere he is interested of visiting. “I don’t mind, Love. I wanna show ya everything . . .” He said to the merman, smiling.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Yes! Your Isa, my Isa~" He looked at Isa as well as though he too couldn't believe his good fortune. "Thank you, Julius." Moss bowed respectfully. "And for the food too. Say, would it be alright if you taught me how to cook this? Not to sell or anything, I just want to be able to make Isa's favorite food."

After they dug in, Moss greatly enjoyed the tour, especially because he got to ask all the people who knew Isa stories about him. He could now tell why he had a such a sweet tooth, there were so many sweets in this village, and Moss tastes them all.

When Isa showed him the library, he smiled at him. "Even if it was, I still wouldn't ask if I could buy it. I feel like I don't want to take anything or change anything in your special places. Maybe one of these days we can read there together? And you can show me your favorite stories?"

Moss just looked on in understanding at people's reactions. They have lived with Isa longer than Moss has, Isa must have subjected --- no, not just Isa, the whole sect of Loki must have subjected this entire village into numerous pranks. He wondered if they are on another level, the villagers, like it needs a very skilled prankster to get by them, having been around Loki's sect since Moss knows how long.

Moss thought a bit when Isa asked him where he wanted to visit. And then hesitantly he said, "Your house . . . and . . . your mom's grave. Can we visit them?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Julius grinned as Isa‘s cheeks turned red. He stared at the merman before bashfully nuzzling his shoulder, grateful that he wanted to learn the dish. “Sure~ I’d be happy to pass you the recipe.” The elf explained the recipes and how he put the dish together as Moss wrote it down in his recipe journal. “Since we’re trading information, mind telling me a good dish to have with rice?” Julius asked as he pulled out his own old notebook.

By the library, Isa brightened at Moss’ idea and nodded wholeheartedly. “I used to love this children’s tale of a dragon finding a human that shot him down from the sky and they eventually became friends-“ The redhead continued to talk joyously and Moss can see what the villagers meant whenever they mentioned of Isa talking about his favorite books. His eyes have stars in them as his normally shy smile grew to one of wonder as if he can already see them without his use of illusions.

From Moss’ answer, Isa froze. Staring at him as if he hadn’t expected the response before relaxing his shoulders. His smile turned to a shy grin, anxious yet willing to share this side of him as he replied. “Okay. This way is to my home.”

Moss would notice after making a right turn from the market place, they were more in the residential area of the village. The houses seemed more worn down and yet, Isa kept staring at the chimneys at the roof tops. “Those are new. Before, we didn’t have the means to have a fireplace outside of the kitchen.” He explained, taking another turn. For a few minutes, the redhead led Moss until they reached a tiny home that‘s completely new. The picket fence seemed worn down from the harsh winters, cobbled stones inserted on the ground that’s leading to the door. There were little hedges on the wall with red Ivy leaves growing upwards on one side of the house. It’s triangular roof had a chimney too. Isa sighed and shook his head.

”They must have cleaned everything after . . .” He muttered gratefully before pushing the gate and held it for Moss. Letting it swing back as he walked up to the door. He poked it, noticing the it’s locked, and held Moss’ hand. “Time to go inside.”

With a swirl of ashes, the couple appeared inside the house. It was simple. Painted green walls, a small table, there is a chimney in front of it. A kitchen that barely fit two people sat besides the living room with stair’s leading up to a single bedroom. It was cozy for one person and a child. Isa stood by the door, not moving as he stared at the stairs. “ . . .” His breathing became uneven. Flashbacks of what happened that night raced in his mind-

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"Of course, Julius!" And Moss taught him toasty garlic butter fried rice served over sizzling chigmus fish belly. He told him that the dish has to be served on a hot stone plate that had been placed over fire so that the fish was still sizzling when it was served.

Later, Moss contentedly listened to Isa talk, just liking how happy he was, and swung their hands as they walked. He thought in his mind: I am your hubby, and I look forward to all the days I can make you smile like this.

He nodded questioningly about the roofs, and when they reached the tiny home, Isa's home, Moss felt that the air here was different. As though it somehow held something solemn for him. He couldn't explain the feeling. It was like stepping on Isa's sacred ground. He quietly floated inside, looking everywhere and careful not to disturb anything. Along the shadows he could imagine little Isa playing just beyond the now dusty windows, accompanied by the sound of his mother washing something in the kitchen, calling his name, unaware that danger was living so close to them in the face of someone they trusted.

He nodded when Isa said it was time to go inside. There was a swirl of ashes and he found himself by the door with his love. Whom he noticed was staring, at the stairs breathing unevenly.

Isa would feel the warm hand in his squeeze supportively, Moss teal eyes held him. Isa wasn't alone now. He had someone to help him now, always, yet gave him the room to stand on his own and be strong if he chose.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

From that squeeze, Isa snapped out of his trance and looked at Moss. Stressed indigo eyes caught by comforting teal ones. The sprout, that was wilting on his head, struggled to stand straight again. He took deep and shaky breathes, squeezing Moss’ hand back. He’ll be okay, he’ll be okay. Nothing will happen, is what Isa thought over and over. Nothing will happen, Manuel is gone. He can’t take Moss too.

It felt fast to the redhead, but it took more than thirty minutes for him to move. He smiled, it didn’t reach his eyes and yet grateful for Moss being here. “Thank ya.” He muttered before taking another deep breathe and walked anywhere wanted to float, never letting go of his hand. “I used to hold the door for Mom whenever she came back with groceries . . . I spilled tea here by accident. The village leader didn‘t mind the tea stain on his pants …. Over here, I used to read while Mom cooked. Sometimes, we’d read together or just watch the rain drizzling outside while we waited for stew to finish cooking.” So many memories swarmed the redhead as he told the merman of each one. Almost dazed but he would always squeeze his hand; as if to make sure he wouldn’t go too deep in the memory. By the time they reached the stairs, Isa took another deep breathe and held onto the railings. Each step he took creaked as they reached the top and there, Moss can see two doors. One had a curtain on it and the other was a door.

Behind the curtain, is a bedroom. A humbling bed compared to their own. A dresser with barely any clothing. The walls were painted a Robin blue while the furniture were stained a dark color of wood. There was an old plush toy on the neat bed, sitting in the middle as if the bird plush was nesting in its wait. It was in a bright red with patches on the bottom part where the legs were stitched. Years of deep stains still on its beak. Here, Isa relaxed, chuckling . “We used to sleep here. Playing silly pranks— one time, I thought it was a good idea to stick our cracked cup on the toilet sit and yelled out ‘Mom! The toilet’s leaking!’ to get her to see the leaking cup on the toilet. . . That’s Explosive lord, Coco.” When they left to go to the other room, Isa took a deep breathe. The sprout on his head completely wilted as they went inside.

The room was more of a study. It has one empty bookshelf and a desk with the bed in the middle of the room. A window to the right dark green wall. Isa stared at that bed, taking another shaky breathe. His face became pale as cold sweats dripped from his forehead. Haunted. “T-that‘s where . . . He cursed me. The blood stain and scratch marks should still be underneath the mattress -“ Nope. Isa slapped his hand over his mouth and ran to the only window of the room, slamming it open to shove his head and torso outside and-

He vomited. Not caring that they were on the second floor or the gross splatting sound of liquids hitting the ground, his stomach couldn’t take his memories anymore.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss chuckled at Explosive Lord Coco, nice to know Isa was Isa when he was still a kid. He was half-tempted to have him name all his special knives and crockpot just to know what those names will be.

When they were in the study room, Moss quickly floated after Isa in worry, a hand rubbing his back, his other, lifting his pony-tail up and out of the way of gravity vomit. "Isa . . ." Moss didn't know what to say, nor do, just float next to him in worry because he couldn't tell Isa was okay because he wasn't, he couldn't tell him it was just a memory that won't harm him, because it was harming him now. Moss just leaned his head on his shoulder, nuzzling, soothingly touching him, just letting him feel that he's not alone, and that Moss is here to carry him.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Moss can hear him whimper pathetically, his back trembling violently as he coughed. The sprout on his head completely wilted and laid on his hair. Memories racing through his overwhelmed head as his logic tried to calm him down. Why is he still hurting?! Why is he reacting this way?! Why couldn’t he be strong enough to face this?! Calm down- no! What’s wrong with him?!— Calm down. Calm down, this is norma-

I don’t care! Why can’t he go away?!

The merman can feel shuddering shoulders stiffen the moment he laid his head on them. Peeking through the wet red fringes that veiled his unfocused and terrified wet eyes, gazing at Moss. Gosh, he must look so pathetic-

Yet Moss is still here. He is staying, is what his heart whispered warmly. He will accept feeling this way one day and be okay, but right now, he isn’t alone.

With a final whimper, Isa pulled his head back inside. Timidly reaching out to hold onto Moss’ side fin with two fingers. “So-sorry. Weak stomach.” He croaked, wanting to lean in, and nuzzle Moss back, yet conflicted to do so. The tiny bit of his pride wouldn’t let him.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"It's alright." Moss whispered, just letting Isa let it all out. His side fin cupped his hands and his tail ends curled and unfurled close to Isa's ankle, as though not sure if he should touch him right now, but wanting to comfort. Isa was standing where he was, despite Moss immediately opening his arms for him when he withdrew his head out the window. So Moss just gently pressed his lips on his forehead and kept them there. His hands lightly touched his, light enough for Isa to draw away if he wished. And pressed more kisses on his head and limp sprout.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Fluttering his eyes closed as lips touched his forehead, Isa sighed. Feeling that pride crumble under Moss’ gentle care. Leaning into his kisses and squeezed Moss’ hands before wrapping his arms around him. The sprout on his head raised a bit, it’s chubby leaves waved slow. “Thank ya.” Completely trusting the merman as he took in the comfort and gave back grateful kisses anywhere he could reach.

He asked if Moss wanted to go somewhere else in the house before they visit his mother’s grave.

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss shook his head, smiling gently. "No, I don't need to." He hugged Isa tight and did not remove his arms, staying there just like that as long as Isa wanted.

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back