• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
<< Joseph just laughed at the old men who got played and Joseph looks at Merlin "Was this your Plan all along?" he says… >>

Merlin pursed his lips. “One plays the hand one is dealt, my friend. If not for Tom’s forgiveness, if not for the Council’s power, this would not have been possible. As it was, it could be done, and was worthy of doing.”

<< "Are you sure you want to keep him here Tom, he won't get through centuries of rage overnight even if he can't hurt you and Mai" he says… >>

Tom shook his head. “I have no wish to restrain him. Give him a bed and when he awakens he is free to come down and speak with me, or to go his own way, or whatever. Time will tell what will happen with him.”

<< "How are you feeling?" she asked him. "Are you still you?" >>

“Never better, and never more so,” Tom replied. “I feel a sense of clarity I did not feel before, but I do not know if it was from the insight I gained in the battle or something Merlin did. I just know I am at peace.”

“That is your own doing, Thomas, not any act of mine. Had you not found such serenity, I could not have so compelled the one you called Bruin.”

Tom nodded. “Thank you, just the same.”

<< "I guess that's that...for now," Randy said. "Assuming there's no more interruptions, it looks like you can have the meeting with Merlin now." >>

Abraham nodded. “So it would seem,” he replied with almost a growl. “Now that we have had our little intermission. So: Merlin, without further adieu, I suppose you have some idea why we have come?”

Merlin turned to the three Archons. “I could make my own assumptions, but why do you not speak plainly, and tell me your concerns?”

Abraham nodded. “Very well. We came first of all to see if you were indeed Taliesan Merlin of the legends of old, and to know how much truth there might be in the legends of your power and wisdom. I would say your actions in the course of this battle have proven all for us with a resounding chorus of ‘yes.’ We believe you now to be the Merlin who served King Arthur, and possibly the greatest wizard of history.

“Having established those facts, it was our hope to invite you to join the Wizard’s Council, possibly even as High Archon. We should be honored if you would join us and direct the Council as you in your wisdom see fit.

“We understand there is much in our new world which must be strange to you, and are happy to act as your teachers, counselors and advisers. I assure you--”

Merlin barked out a short laugh. “So this is the crux of it. You wish my name at the head of the Council, but your hands on the reins. I think not.

“I am prepared to join you, to keep an eye on you, but not to lead either in truth or as some puppet figure. Should Arthur be raised he shall need my council full time, and I shall have little time for the prattlings of old men.

“If this be acceptable to you, send word when your next official venue shall take place and I shall attend. Meanwhile, if Thomas is content for it to be so, you may find me here.”

Tom nodded. “You are welcome here, Merlin, for so long as you desire.”

“I thank you,” Merlin replied, “and once I have had some rest, let us arrange for a bath and some fresh clothing more in style for your age. I do see things have changed much on that score from my time.”

Indeed, though Merlin carried himself with power and authority his robes looked bedraggled and rather like an old man’s pajamas compared to the finery of the Archons. Tom smiled. “We shall be happy to bring you up to date, Taliesan. It is our custom now to bathe daily, and you need not wait on a scullery maid to bring you hot water: it comes that way through the pipes which need to the bath.”

Merlin nodded and sighed. “So much to learn. Gentlemen wizards: is there aught else for us to discuss?”

Abraham shook his head. “There is not, good sir. We shall send word of our next convocation.”

As the Archons left, the power level within the bar faded to normal. Tom staggered to his feet with Mai’s support and summoned the nymphs to assist Merlin and Bruin once he regained consciousness.

“Now, let us all get a rest before tonight, shall we? I daresay it could be an interesting evening.”

(Tag all, and time change to evening right after reaction posts)

As the wizards left, Mai could feel the extra magic leaving her, Roxy no longer felt like she had a werewolf transformation switch, and Randy was back to human limitations.

Mai helped Tom up and supported him. "A witch attack, wizards, and a vengeful rival...I'm not sure I want to see what tops that," she joked. "Come on, tiger. Let's get ya to bed."

Roxy and Randy watched Mai walk off with Tom toward his room.

"Weren't you going to...?" Roxy softly asked Randy.

"He looks pretty worn out to me...I'll spring it on him tonight." Randy wanted to stick around the bar. Maybe he could be one of their guitarists...or mascot.

JOSEPH
Joseph was happy that Tom was ok, he made sure to hit him with his white flames of healing to help Tom recover even though he knew he would still need his rest.
"Im glad you won Tom" he says as he is helped by Mai
Joseph goes to the bar to tend to it while Tom rests.

Joseph kept his eye on the bar and he was happy to do so still wondering what he could do other than be a pair of eyes but if anything he thought he could cook up some quick entree's with his power over fire that should be easy once he gets his amulet.

Joseph had already brought Bruin into a spare room he took a minute to find a empty one but as it seems like this place was becoming a hotel. The rest of the evening Joseph decided to make burgers since there was all the ingredients laying around because everyone might want to eat once they can.

Joseph goes to wash his hands and he heard the door open and there was some straggler customers so Joseph decided to tend to the remaining customers before they all left informing everyone as he offered free food for now. Then he was off to his room he decided to stay up a lil longer in case Bruin woke up.

Moira was in her meditative pose allowing herself to recover as she was gone for a long time soon she would leave her dwelling in search of new friends, allies and sisters.

Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Last edited:
Malachi
90038680_172399604220697_933010247428850981_n.jpg
Dracula
133029078_677935206208971_8950261006673972082_n.jpg
Orlock
162300514_3963298857053886_977809734428394660_n.jpg
Carmilla
70745727_391006881588860_1647856103110891942_n.jpg

Some time earlier...

"How much longer must we haul this damned thing?" A somewhat freshly turned vampire groaned beneath a large sarcophagus. It was ornate, made of a marbled stone, it's ridges and grooves marked with intricate designs depicting ancient scenes.
The blistering heat and of the springs where it had laid for centuries had cleared the outside of dust and debris.

"Hold your tongue before I tear it from your skull." A smooth, urbane voice chided from ahead of the footmen carrying the tomb. "This 'thing' is the sum and drive of our cause."
The voice was accompanied by a sideways glance, luminous amber eyes clearly visible in the darkness of the stairwell.

"Oh pish, posh, Vlad!" A sultry but decidedly bright woman's voice retorted in defense of the now intimidated footmen.
"You act as though they would know any better." she said, coming up from beside the stone coffin to walk beside him.
"Besides, damned is right..." she joked, giving him a more jaunty side glance of her own.
They both shifted their gaze forward and up the winding path as the tomb was carried behind them.

"Is everything ready?"
"Ideally."
"Have you spoken with Orlok?"
"No."

Karnstein pouted to that, not unhappily, more pensively.

It wasn't long at all before they were in a hallway and upon a door that did everything but express it's importance in a bright neon sign.
Inside it looked like something of a throne room and ballroom mashed together with a tasteful sense of opulence.

Vlad directed the tomb be situated near the throne seemingly cut from an impossibly enormous, solid block of ivory. With that the group of helpers were dismissed, disappearing into the dark of the doorway, it's heavy wooden door shutting behind them on its own.

"The key." he said, holding out an opened hand while standing before the sarcophagus, his other hand running from edge to center over the coffins cover.
Carmilla glided to his side presenting him a polished stone medallion the profile of a terrifying face engraved onto either side.
With somewhat unnecessary care and air of ritual, he placed the circular object into its rightful spot.
From around it a crack in the stone splintered out, followed one then two then a dozen more, each continuing its advance around the structure until it began to fall away.
As it did it gave way to the form of a naked man, levitating where he would have rested had the grave not disintegrated around him.

Both vampires became very still, as if holding their breath. Just as Karnstein began to reach out and Dracula went to slap her hand away, another set of ghostly amber eyes beamed to life. However, this set was much more dull, glassy even.

The figure turned on his axis, feet silently making contact with the castle floor. His expression was deep, introspective, clearing collecting himself from a long time spent in dormancy. His physique was one of the early signs of emaciation.

"...Lord Malachi..." Vlad started, before being cut off.

"Bring them in." He ordered, in a gruff tone. Stern but not particularly aggressive.
His two subordinates exchanged glances before turning to the rear of the room.
There was a set of glass doors leading to a large terrace.
One of the two opened, and three young women were guided in by a remarkably tall, wide man with an austere look about him, his wide brimmed hat shadowing his face some.
They were young, undressed and entranced into a bizarre docility.

The first was spurred in Malachi's direction. She strode calmly across the room, her brunette hair jostled back by the wind of her movement and his lightning quick repositioning before her.
A brief moment of eye contact and with a low moan, she tilted her head all the way back, offering him her throat.

With an unexpected ferocity he sank his teeth into her yielding flesh. The woman collapsed into his arms as his jaws locked around her windpipe with a sickening crunch.
Malachi devoured her with a dispassionate avidity, tearing out mouthfuls of meat and cartilage as he fed. His blank expression conflicting his savagery.

He drank and fed and gored, until she was cold and empty, and he was warm, filled with her essence.
There was a change in him as he let her lifeless corpse fall to the floor, her neck hollowed and mutilated.

His condition was improving, eyes visibly more bright and body less cadaverous.

The other two tributes met the same fate, each one as viciously as the last.
It wasn't until the last body had fallen, butchered onto the castle floor, that he addressed his followers again.

"Carmilla" Malachi beckoned her attention, his voice a smoother and more youthful than moments ago.
He needn't say more as she went to him, covering his body with a shroud retrieved on her way.

He placed a hand gently on her shoulder in thanks before turning to Vlad.

"What of the preparations?"

An all too imposing man on his own Vlad Dracula shifted in his stance, unsure of his next words.

"Admittedly,....we are somewhat behind schedule..."
"But it's not for a lack of trying, my lord."
"The threat posed by those who oppose our mission was a shade miscalculated."

Malachi fell silent, back into thought. As he did he made his way to the throne of ivory, the three following behind.
He took his seat and adjusted his robes.
"Where is Elizabeth?" he asked in a tone that made the question sound more like a demand for her presence.

"She was killed centuries ago, my lord" Vlad stated plainly.
"I see..." he responded his eyes cast beyond them all the while.

Malachi brought a hand to his cheek and leaned into it setting his elbow on the arm of the throne.

"And these obstructions? The Church?"

"The threat of the Church is negligible. There are fewer who claim the Faith as ever before and even fewer true followers of it. The state is king now and the state cannot hurt us."

"That being said, there has been a difficultly in bringing in/keeping our pawns in play as there has been a higher frequency of human-inhuman fraternization recently. The threat of death and destruction aren't as fruitful when the target feels safe beneath the umbrella of another..."

"In lighter news, the romantization of evil and things that go bump in the night has made willing participants in our little crusade all the more plentiful; like those the three beauties you ravaged."

Malachi listened carefully, taking in what he could from their briefs. Lacking the background information necessary to grasp all the implications he was only really able to get the gist of the situation.
He'd need time to get his head on straight and get up to date.

That being as it may there was a clear point that needed addressing.

"Those that would oppose our conquest and seek entente with the humans...who are they?" He pressed, seeing creating a unified front as being the foremost issue.

"Several."
"More than enough to be a hindrance."
"Some more so than others."

Malachi raised an eyebrow at Carmilla's comment.
"These being...?"

She glanced around the room, feeling apprehensive about revealing their relationship with Thomas as a lost cause.

"The Last Castle..."

"The what?"

"The last castle is a bar and lounge establishment frequented and staffed by an offensive multitude of beings."
Orlok interjected.

"And the occasional average human. It doubles as a hub of sorts and allows for far too much intermingling."

"We've attempted to bring him to our side or in the very least in our pocket several times with no luck. Thomas and his associates are too well equipped for us to consider taking them on by force without compromising ourselves."

Malachi considered everything they said and created a short term plan of attack while he got his bearings.

"How long has it been since you approached this Thomas?" he asked.

Karnstein shifted her weight from one hip to the other already anticipating what he was going to want.
"A few decades ago, at least."

The vampire lord gave it all a brief second thought and spoke.
"It's clear to me I need time to be more acquainted with the times. It's also clear to me this the last castle, this Thomas, needs to be watched more closely.

Vlad you will acquaint me with this more modern world. Carmilla you will extend an invitation to Thomas of Last Castle personally. Orlok...do Orlok things."

The three bowed in understanding and went their separate ways. Vlad to Malachi's side, Carmilla to the door and Orlok to the bodies.

Saturday 22 JAN 2021

Carmilla arrived to The Last Castle in the early evening, dressed to woo and poised to secure an audience between Thomas and Malachi to hopefully hash out their disagreements.
Upon entering she made note of her surroundings while also looking for any and familiar sights, smells and sounds.
Karnstein strolled to the bar, her attire and almost signature prowl catching a several wandering eyes.
She winked seductively at a woman looking at her callously for having diverted her companions' attention and hailed the bartender for a drink and potentially some information.

(Sorry for the delay everyone! :( I ended up getting busy and then kinda held up on Tuesday and then St Patty's day craziness struck. I hope I didn't piss everyone off 😅)

Last edited:
Tom woke with a start from his slumber, dreams of slaughter fading slowly from his troubled mind. Sure, Mai and the others were safe now from Bruin’s vengeance, but Bruin’s torment remained. For a moment resentment swelled within him: if Merlin could take away Bruin’s ability to strike out, couldn’t he also erase that terrible rage once and for all? But maybe not: maybe when one had suffered under such rage for so long it was a part of you, and couldn’t be removed without completely altering the person affected. They couldn’t lobotomize Bruin for their own convenience: it would be the same as murder.

He turned to reach for Mai, and found her gone. There was a note: “Good evening, sleepyhead. Off to get ready for tonight. No peeking!” with a kiss mark. He smiled. Good for her. Fearless, that one was, not about to give in to some concern about Bruin or his vengeance.

He took a hot shower, scrubbing away any effects from the battle with Bruin. There were a few slight nicks where the other vampire had made contact but no severe wounds. Of course there was no sweat, as vampires don’t do such.

Something about meeting the Archons challenged Tom to dress up a bit more than usual, to present himself better as the owner of the establishment. So: gray slacks, a dark blue dress shirt, a complimentary red and black tie, and a black dinner jacket. He smiled to himself, wondering how Mai would like the wardrobe change.

And so, Thomas headed up the steps to see what the evening would bring.

Upstairs, Azalea had gone the opposite direction of Thomas, casting aside her priestess robes in favor of blue jeans and a T-shirt. She came down from her room and wandered over to the bar.

“Good evening, Ben. I don’t suppose you’ve seen Sammy around?”

Ben shook his head. “She hasn’t come in yet. I am sure she’ll be here any time. She knows how much we need her on Saturday nights.”

Azalea nodded and strolled over to the stage, where she picked up her guitar, sat down and started strumming a few chords. She smiled as she thought of something, and the strumming turned to the tune of an old song. She started singing under her breath, not loud enough for anyone to notice:

“You remind me, I live in a shell…”

At the back door, Merlin entered in the company of Mark and a couple of nymphs. He was barely recognizable as the same bedraggled figure who had appeared to them the previous evening. His hair and beard had been trimmed short and neat, he was wearing a blue-gray suit, dress shirt and tie, and in place of his staff he now carried a cane with a carved white owl with yellow eyes for a handle. He was obviously quite jovial, laughing and flirting with the nymphs and other ladies he passed by on his way into the bar. Most of the younger ladies sneered at him as he was clearly old enough to be their grandfather, but some (perhaps those with an eye for a sugar daddy) smiled and winked back. Merlin’s focus was distracted by a svelte, ageless beauty at the bar wearing a come-hither smile and attire. “Well, hello, my dear! Who might this gorgeous lady be? Allow me to introduce myself…”

Lucas was back at his chosen table, most of the same gang around him as the previous night. And Fatima was in front of the bar, circulating with the nymphs as they tempted customers.

Thus, the party was pretty much in full swing as Tom came up the stairs. His eyes roamed the place looking for Mai, but not expecting to find her as she was probably getting ready for her next performance. Then his eyes were caught by the distinguished looking gentleman fawning over another patron at the bar. Was that actually Merlin? He could barely tell, the difference was so striking. But there was something familiar about the lady as well. Where had he seen that face before? It had been a long time, but…

Thomas groaned as the realization hit him. And here she was, consorting with Merlin? Could things get any worse? He turned to Ben.

“Something strong, a triple, and on the rocks.”

Ben raised an eyebrow, but filled a glass with ice and a dark brown liquor. “That bad, huh? Care to fill me in?”

Tom shook his head. “Not yet. Got to see which way the wind is blowing first. But best guess is no matter what, it’s a hurricane.”

Tom downed half the glass of liquor and took it with him as he headed across the floor towards Merlin and his new companion...

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , BasilOwO BasilOwO , Zenkai27 Zenkai27 , Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide : tag all

Lynn Summers
Blonde.jpgA blonde left the airport and made her way to her car. She was returning from a ski trip, most of it was business related (helping a client learn how to ski), but she had found some time to relax. Feeling both tired and energized, Lynn started the engine to her car. She had one thing in mind, returning to her humble apartment and relaxing.

After arriving home, she quickly tucked her suitcases away and started a warm bath. She soaked in the warm water and manifested her mermaid tail. Sitting in the suds without a care in the world; it was perfect, but just when her mind was empty of thoughts, she felt something... Like a siren's song, something was calling her.

Lynn got out of the tub and let the water drain. She put on a black bikini top and a tank top, some jeans, and sneakers. She got back into her car and drove toward the source of whatever magic was tugging her. She didn't know what she'd find, but when she pulled up to The Last Castle, she knew this was it.

A bar and club? This wasn't here when she left for the ski resort. It must be a new establishment, but it already looked like a bopping place.

Feeling ready to mingle, Lynn walked over to a bar stool; the party girl in her ready to have a night of drinking...in moderation of course.

~~~
Randy and Roxy

Roxy was in her waitress outfit, waiting tables.

Randy sat in a booth; one that Roxy usually waited on.

"Here you go, Keanu. One Budweiser," Roxy said in a flirtily tone, setting a bottle of beer down in front of him.

"Thanks," Randy said. He opened the bottle and was about to drink, when he noticed a certain wizard.

"Woah...check out Merlin," he almost didn't recognize him. "He's a certified chick magnet."

"Crazy what a new look can do," Roxy said. "But I only have eyes for you," she added sincerely.

"Call me if you need anything." She had other tables to get to.

"Hey..." Randy called, causing her to stop walking and look back at him. "You wanna go to a movie sometime?"

"Sure. Catch me in the morning and we can come up with a plan."

Now alone, Randy sipped on his drink and looked around the bar. It looked like there was a lot of new faces. He spotted Tom. For a moment, he thought he found his chance to talk to him, but he noticed that he was walking over to Merlin. Maybe he shouldn't interrupt that. He had the whole night ahead of him, right?

He stood up and carried his drink with him as he moseyed over to the werewolf table. "Howdy, gang. Room for one more?"

~~~
Mai

Like her note said, Mai was getting ready for her upcoming performance. She was planning on singing The Real Folk Blues; a jazzy song from the anime Cowboy Bebop. Currently she looked like a blues singer too. Black fedora, black suit top, white button up shirt strategically unbuttoned at the top, a skirt, leggings, and heeled boots. She stayed in her dressing room for awhile, casting and dispelling an illusion that made it look like her room was being filmed by an old black-and-white film camera. It may not be as flashy as the moon and stars she made previously, but she was confident that she'd be singing another show stopper.

She made her way backstage to hang out for a while, softly singing the Japanese lyrics to The Real Folk Blues. From behind the curtain, she could see Merlin, but her eyes were completely on Tom. "Ooo...looking good, Tiger," she purred to herself.

Gwalihir Gwalihir
BasilOwO BasilOwO Zenkai27 Zenkai27 Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

Sammy, who had snuck down during a small period before all the commotion had started, limped over to the bar. She had overheard Ben and Azalea and had waited for the latter to leave before she made an entrance. Her gaze scanned the crowd, and she would sigh, knowing deep down that it would be a long night. Glancing over at Ben, she took the chance to ask him what had been on her mind. "What did Azalea need?" She asked, head tilting. It must've been important if she had asked her fellow bartender if he had seen her. She glanced over to where the woman in question was holding a guitar and sighed softly. She shouldn't have avoided her, and she knew that, but she also knew a busy night meant no distractions, and that was a tough thing to go through, seeing as her favorite distraction was right in front of her. Shaking her head, she turned to the blond sitting at the counter and flashed her an uneasy smile. "What can I get for you?" She asked her, head tilting.

BRUIN
Bruin finally awoke, he was finally recovered from Merlin's spell, a part of him was hoping it was a bad dream but he could feel a part of him residing in Tom... "AAHHHH!!!" he screamed looking around the room. Seems like Tom had him placed in this room which was already furnished with an open closet and clothes that looked like they were Bruins size.
This was embarrassing that he lost the fight and had to rely on Toms generosity since his clothes were destroyed and Bruin walked over to the closet and took out an outfit that he felt suited him.
1616194146046.png
Bruin sat in reflection for a moment until the door opened and Joseph walked in... "Well look who is up, I was coming to see if you needed more healing but you seem fine now" he says to Bruin.
"Fine... fine I will never be fine I failed to avenge my family and now I cannot kill the person responsible for their death... I might as well remain a prisoner" he replied to Joseph.
"Prisoner... your not a Prisoner we just gave you this room for you to rest your free to leave if you so choose but why do you feel that you failed your family can't you see that Tom could have killed you but spared your life" he says

Bruin was surprised when Joseph said that he isn't a prisoner as he was sure that Tom would have had some magic in place locking him in the room... he goes by the door and opens it seeing that he can leave if he chooses to.
"I failed them and even worse was shown mercy by my enemy he must have spared me to torment me... I have been a warrior all my life death would have been a better fate..." he says looking at Joseph... "Why did he spare me... there is no redemption for me my only purpose is to end his life" he says

Joseph looks away... "The monster you believe Tom to be is not who he is now... yes it was unfortunate what happened to you but why not speak to Tom first and even if you can't let go of this vendetta of who he once was at least learn about the person he became" he says placing his hand on Bruins shoulder as he walked out of the open door and headed downstairs towards the Bar.
Bruin stood there for a second Joseph's words resonating with him... and he left the room following Joseph and this act caused Joseph to smile as he walked with him downstairs.
Upon seeing everyone in the bar he see's that his plate of burgers were gone so he guess the staff liked it... "Look Bruin take your time remember your vendetta doesn't have to be your only purpose" he says as he looks around noticing Merlin... "Just stick close to me for now" he says as he walks over to Merlin who was looking rather clean "Hey yo Pops you got my amulet" he joked... Bruin stayed by Joseph's side arms crossed as he saw Tom in the distance, and although his pride was ruined for losing the fight he was a man of his word he would not make any attempts on the people who Tom held dear.

Moira
Moira was in the forest meditating again communicating with the ghosts of Alpha werewolves as due to her hybrid nature she was attuned to the afterlife of werewolves... she was speaking to Enoch as the ghosts of Alpha's stood all around her but only one representative speaks for the collective.
Enoch: "Moira you are on a fool hearty campaign, a great shadow will plague this land" he says to her
Moira opened her eyes... "Gah!! you all always speak in riddles what great shadow can possibly deal with me there has never been anything as the likes of me"
Enoch: "Although true, but we see the fanged ones may end the likes of our kind"
"Vampires, just say vampires... god" she scoffed ... "Whatever dark shadow you all see won't come to pass I will have the Vampires greatest warrior become my right hand and with him being my avatar no shadow will end my campaign" she says.
Enoch: "YOU DO NOT HEED THE WARNINGS OF THOSE GONE THIS SHADOW IS TOO EVIL!!" he shouts out
Moira glared at Enoch eyes becoming a dark black "I AM A GREATER SHADOW!!!" she roared as the shadowy visage of a giant demonic wolf stood behind her and enveloped her as the ghosts of Alpha's disappear.

Moira was back in her normal form... "Uhh such fools, so there is another player ... even more of a reason to build my empire" she says petting a lone wolf that came to her side..."FACTI SUNT MIHI" she says as her clothing changes to something a little form fitting.
1616197242025.png

"This will do" she says as she vanishes in a cloud of smoke appearing just outside of the last castle ... "Strong shroud" she says to herself as she enters the bar all the werewolves look at her as she looks around and she see's roxy... "Hey little wolf, give me all the rum shots that you can carry" she says smiling at her

Carmilla

Carmilla
was a little irritated that the service wasn't as instantaneous as she was used to. The bartenders seemed either busy or unresponsive to her gesture so she intended to make herself unavoidable.

However before she could, a voice called out behind her, one presumably addressing her.
Karnstein was used to being approached and hounded by men, almost always to her chagrin.
Those who knew her or of her would be well aware of her preferences.
Her spree in Austria is all but legendary.

Clearly this man did not, or did not care if he did.
She put on her best smile and heeded his beckoning, turning to walk over to him.
As she did, she scanned the room again. Taking in as much as she could before being potentially caught up in trivialities.
Another woman entered the building, the magical barriers made her rather uninteresting to Carmilla. Just another patron as far as she could tell. The nullification magic really was a drag.
A few groups of people talking and drinking at tables, several at the bar, some coming, some going. No one, until her sight crossed the back of the room.
There he was, Thomas, and he didn't seem all that thrilled to see her. Understandable.

Finishing her about-face, her eyes met a visage she was very surprised she missed on her way in.
Merlin, a man that needs no introduction, someone synonymous with magic and wizardry itself.
Her pretend smile turned to a genuine one, both for his celebrity and potential as an ace in the hole.

Carmilla approached, accentuating her femininity as she did. She wasn't going to try to lead him on or take advantage since he was likely impossibly wise and could make her insides her outsides. But it wouldn't hurt to make herself more "likable" and evidently, he was already rather interested.

She waited for him to introduce himself before she made her own introduction.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
<< He stood up and carried his drink with him as he moseyed over to the werewolf table. "Howdy, gang. Room for one more?" >>

Lucas was quaffing a dark ale from a huge mug, but he set it down and smiled at Randy. “Always room for a comrade in arms. If I didn’t tell ya before, little brother, way to go last night! You got your shine on, Mr. White Knight!”

Curtis and Isis were over at the dart board engaged in a tense-looking match, leaving a little space at the table. Todd and Albert cheerfully scooted over.

<< "What did Azalea need?" She asked, head tilting. >>

Ben shrugged. “Dunno. Didn’t seem urgent.”

Then Azalea looked up, right at Sammy, and smiled. She adjusted her mike and spoke.

“Folks, I’ve got a special dedication going out tonight to a new friend, who I hope will hear it and take it to heart.”

She began playing in a soft, minor key:

“You remind me, I live in a shell:
Safe from the past, and doing okay,
But not very well.
No jolts, no surprises,
No crisis arises, my life goes along as it should.
It’s all very nice, but not very good.

“And I’m ready to take a chance again,
Ready to put my love on the line with you,
Been living with nothing to show for it:
You get what you get when you go for it
And I’m ready to take a chance again, with you…”

As she played the song Azalea would look around the room establishing eye contact with different people in the bar, but her attention kept coming back to the bar and the bartender. At one point she noticed a new patron with a familiar figure and features, and she flubbed a note before recovering her composure.

“When she left me in all my despair I just held on:
My hopes were all gone till I found you there…

“And I’m ready to take a chance again:
Ready to put my love on the line…”

<< “Well, hello, my dear! Who might this gorgeous lady be? Allow me to introduce myself…” >>

<< Carmilla approached, accentuating her femininity as she did. >>

Merlin found himself short of breath as the gorgeous young creature approached. He proffered his hand, prepared to kiss hers,

“You may address me as Merril Taliesan, or for that matter, as anything your heart desires. Allow me to say that you are looking exceptionally ravishing tonight. It would be my privilege and honor to lavish you with whatever libations and aperitifs you may wish for this evening. Might I escort you to a booth or table?”

<< [Joseph]: "Hey yo Pops you got my amulet" he joked… >>

Without turning from Carmilla, Merlin replied through gritted teeth. “You might check with Tom for that. Actually, I see him coming this way. You might check with him right now, in fact.”

It was a Saturday night crowd, and Tom was making little progress against the push of the multitude. He was tall enough to see Merlin, Carmilla and Joseph, and his earring was acute enough to catch Merlin’s introduction and Joseph’s question. Great: one more interference before he could get to Merlin. He quickly dug both amulets out of his pocket: the gold-and-ruby firebird and the celtic cross carved in marble for Merlin.

“Merril Taliesan?” he wondered aloud. Under the current hum of the room he heard Mark reply: “Merlin and I had a conversation about names, psychiatric institutions and straight jackets. He understood.”

“Good,” replied Tom: “Thank you for educating and dressing him. But where is he getting his money from?”

“You’d be amazed what eighth century English gold coins in mint condition are worth at a collector’s shop. Extra essence wasn’t the only thing Merlin’s staff was carrying.”

Tom sighed and pressed again against the crowd. He had to get to Merlin...

Lynn

"Let's start with a Pina Coletta, and then see where the night takes me," the mermaid replied to Sammy. It was one of her favorite drinks; the tropical flavor reminded her of the ocean. After that, she'd love to share a couple beers; she'd have to mingle first though. Of course, at some point she'd have to switch to water; partially just to stay hydrated, but she didn't want a hangover either.

As she listened to Azalea's song, she found it odd that her friends hadn't told her about this place; They would love this place. It must have opened up when she was out of town. Did they forget to tell them? Or had they been too busy to notice? A new bar opening would have hit the newspapers and local news sites, right? It hadn't dawned on her that human patrons would be rare here. She looked around, expecting to see her friends, but the size of the crowd didn't help.

"How long has this place been open?" she asked.

BasilOwO BasilOwO

~~~
Roxy

Little wolf. Roxy felt like that had been directed at her and turned Moira. Was she a werewolf too? Or just experienced enough to be quicker on the uptake? She was still more used to human etiquette and thought it would be a little rude to do her own investigating, so she just nodded.

Roxy carried back a tray with rum shots. "Here you go, enjoy," she said, smiling.

Zenkai27 Zenkai27

~~~
Randy

Little brother? He hadn't been expecting that, but it gave him a warm feeling. He slid into one of the now-open seats. "You guys were amazing too. Tom, Mai, Azalea...it would have been harder to pull it off without everyone." He took a swig of his beer. "It's weird... I used to think Morgan was just a legend, a big bad bitch; but when I somehow end up clashing with her... her desperation does her in... It didn't hurt that we broke some of her toys."

"Do you think we've heard the last of her?"

Gwalihir Gwalihir

~~~
Mai

For now, Mai just watched and listened, but there seemed to be an awful lot of femme fatales in one room; One was more than enough, but two or more together and it's a recipe for a cat fight. It took one to know one. Something entertaining was bound to happen tonight.

Tom didn't look like he was having fun in that crowd; Who could blame him? She tapped her chin; thinking about what she could do to turn his mood around. At the moment, it looked like he was trying to get to Merlin. She decided to wait for a better moment to insert herself at Tom's general location.

As she worked, she glanced over at Azalea, sighing softly. "Eight days. Not very long but the humans can't see the place, so its safer for us." She explained, handing her the glass. "It's quite busy for only being open for so long, I will admit, but its nice." She murmured, eyes still fixated on the witch. "Since you've been able to find this place, what are you, if you don't mind me asking?"

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Moira
Moira looked at Roxy she was experienced enough to pick up on her reaction and notice what she was and she didn't seem to like being called little wolf.
Moira stepped to her "I'm sorry did I offend you that was not my intention" she says downing a shot... She would have continued speaking to the girl but she didn't come here to fraternize ..."well my name is Moira and I do hope to run into you again, please if you have any issues please seek me out I can help with more than you know" she says slipping a card to her with a phone number to contact her. Moira kept her eyes open she had pulled information about this place from her sisters that had came here and finally got a glimpse of Tom.
She began to walk to intercept him but she saw him walking t towards the direction of Merlin who she was surprised to see as he was a widely famous Wizard and she didn't think he would be alive in this millennia but maybe he was sealed away like she was but the old man was dressed like some sugar daddy entertaining some woman. Moira thought to herself to stay close and see what kind of person this Tom was, so she went to the bar near Merlin seeing two large men walk by him and head to Tom.
Moira looked around she seemed to like this bar alot the entertainment and ambience she sees that things are much different than her era.
she was close enough to Merlin to hear him try to woo this woman who was clearly younger than him even though she was most likely a vampire.

She had heard him speaking to the woman before the two men moved past him
<<“You may address me as Merril Taliesan, or for that matter, as anything your heart desires. Allow me to say that you are looking exceptionally ravishing tonight. It would be my privilege and honor to lavish you with whatever libations and aperitifs you may wish for this evening. Might I escort you to a booth or table?”>>

He had said before he dismissed the two men without even looking their way and she couldn't help but laugh to herself as she took the spot of the two men near Merlin at the bar and simply continued to drink she was in no rush soon she will create a empire under the moonlight with Tom keeping the vampires in line as her right hand...she looked over to him noticing his dapper appearance they would look good together on a throne built from the blood and bones of the Archons and her other enemies. She shook her head as she wasn't expecting such a thought to cross her mind when she really got a good look at Tom.

JOSEPH & BRUIN
Joseph was also mesmerized by the woman but he was not going to interrupt Merlin but he saw Tom and walked over to him with Bruin.
Bruin kept his arms crossed while being near Tom...
"Tom hey Merlin said you would have something for me" he says to him.
"You might want to check on him at the bar he's going full Master Roshi but the woman is beautiful let me know if he strikes out" he says smiling intending to shoot his shot while he pointed exactly to where Merlin was.
Bruin could feel his body resonate the closer he was to Tom.
"Just know for now I....I .. would like to understand the person you are now and try to forget the monster I see you as but I do intend to win our next duel" he says to Tom which took alot for him to say but he stood off to the side allowing for Tom to pass.

Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

Carmilla

Karnstein took note of the crowding bodies as Merlin spoke, her analytical glances guised as curiosity.
She hadn't let Tom's presence elude her and noticed him closing in, likely uneasy about Merlin mingling with the likes of her.
The woman from before had positioned herself closer as well, whether she was interested in her or Merlin was up in the air. Either way she could wait.

"Merrill..." she thought to herself. Did he misspeak or was he attempting to be incognito? He didn't seem that inebriated but she also couldn't imagine why he wouldn't be using his renown as an advantage.
Regardless, she decided her best bet would be to go along with it. He'd either correct her or think he fooled her, both worked.

"Nice to meet you, Merrill. My name is Carmilla, Carmilla Karnstein." she responded, extending her hand to meet his.
She didn't pay too much mind to his blarney, at this point she felt like she had heard it all.
A simple "Oh, you flatter me!" would be acknowledgement enough.

"I'd love a booth. Perhaps....over there?" She continued pointing somewhat further away from where they were.
This was done in dual purpose. One, to annoy Thomas because why not. Two, to test her theory about the woman.
Thomas would need to change direction and travel further, while the woman's reaction would tell Carmilla what she wanted to know.

"As for wine and dine, I know better than to come to a place like this on an empty stomach." she said playfully, her tone juxtaposing the dark implications. "A cognac would be heavenly. I noticed they had a Louis XIII on the top shelf..."
This was more a challenge than anything else. Men tended to like those and she felt it was well within Merlin's abilities. What was money to the father mainstream wizardry?

Carmilla planned to make it known that her preference for prey and partners were one and the same and that Merlin wasn't up to snuff. No pun intended.
She figured it would be in her best interest to not seem manipulative. Just maybe not right this second...
It's not everyday you meet a luminary of magic.
Tom would likely do it for her anyway.

The two other men's approach and questioning about an amulet did peak her interest though. For a very minute moment her facade dropped and her countenance turned from bubbly to almost predacious.
"Amulet? Magical? Such things in a magic-less zone...firearms in a theater."
Interesting.
She pretended to be embarrassed as Merlin hissed them away.

Gwalihir Gwalihir Zenkai27 Zenkai27

<< "You guys were amazing too. Tom, Mai, Azalea...it would have been harder to pull it off without everyone." >>

Lucas grinned. “Humble and well spoken to boot. When the time is right, kid, you’re gonna make a hell of a wolf.”

<< "Do you think we've heard the last of her?" >>

Lucas shook his head, turning serious again for a moment. “If all she’d done was threaten: ‘I’ll be back,’ I’d have said: ‘don’t count on it.’ But she said something about ‘she who sent me.’ We may have knocked the tar out of Morgan, but if she’s just the messenger girl, then we’re in for more of a hassle. And this time won’t be so easy. We’re all gonna have to have our shit together, and we don’t know what they’ll hit us with. That’s why I can’t turn you yet, Randy. We may need a human in the mix like we did last time, and you’re the only one here. You get that, right?”

<< "Tom hey Merlin said you would have something for me" [Joseph] says to [Tom]. >>

Tom spoke a quick Latin phrase as he handed the firebird amulet to Joseph. “Don’t ever let anyone try to take that from you, or they’ll be in a world of hurt,” Tom told him quietly.

<< "You might want to check on him at the bar he's going full Master Roshi but the woman is beautiful let me know if he strikes out" >>

Tom had no idea who Master Roshi was, but he got the point. “Yes: beautiful, ancient and deadly,” he replied: “let’s hope the worst Merlin gets is a brush-off.”

<< Bruin could feel his body resonate the closer he was to Tom.
"Just know for now I....I .. would like to understand the person you are now and try to forget the monster I see you as but I do intend to win our next duel" he says to Tom >>

Tom stopped, gave Bruin his full attention and nodded, doing what he could to acknowledge how difficult this was for the other man. “That is all I could ask and hope for at this time, Bruin: just a chance to show you the truth of who I am now. I thank you.”

A battle to the death this morning: a truce tonight. Talk about progress! It was enough even to distract him temporarily from Merlin and his companion…

<< "Nice to meet you, Merrill. My name is Carmilla, Carmilla Karnstein." she responded, extending her hand to meet his.

She didn't pay too much mind to his blarney, at this point she felt like she had heard it all.
A simple "Oh, you flatter me!" would be acknowledgement enough.

"I'd love a booth. Perhaps....over there?" She continued pointing somewhat further away from where they were. >>

“Merrill” accepted her hand and kissed it, then positioned it on the crook of his arm preparing to lead her to the requested booth. “The pleasure is all mine, milady. And flattery is exaggeration, my dear. Every word I spoke is truth, else it fell short to properly describe you. Surely you noticed men falling from their chairs for a second look at you?”

They arrived at the booth, and since there was no chair he could pull out for her he merely stepped aside with a flourish and waited for her to take a seat before sitting himself.

<< "As for wine and dine, I know better than to come to a place like this on an empty stomach." she said playfully, her tone juxtaposing the dark implications. "A cognac would be heavenly. I noticed they had a Louis XIII on the top shelf..." >>

“Certainly, my dear. I believe they have a well-stocked grill here: I know they have an excellent breakfast in the mornings. But certainly such places are better known for their libations than their dishes.”

He waved for service, catching a waitress and making the request. “Two servings of cognac: your ‘Louis XIII,’ I believe.” He did not bother to ask about the price.

<< The two other men's approach and questioning about an amulet did peak her interest though. For a very minute moment her facade dropped and her countenance turned from bubbly to almost predacious.

"Amulet? Magical? Such things in a magic-less zone...firearms in a theater."

Interesting.

She pretended to be embarrassed as Merlin hissed them away. >>

Merlin noticed at least her pretended embarrassment and waved it away. “Nothing to concern you, my dear: a bit of business on which I am not even involved. There was no reason for them to interrupt our discourse.

“Now, if I may be so bold, tell me of yourself. I am dying to know what ship of circumstance has brought such a delectable young lady into my purview.”

And Merlin sat ready to listen to whatever she might wish to say…

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 BasilOwO BasilOwO Zenkai27 Zenkai27 Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

tag all

JOSEPH
Joseph looked at Tom seeing he didn't get the master Roshi reference being alive so long he clearly didn't keep up with popular anime ...he was getting ready to say the perverted lecherous old man but it didn't matter but Joseph was surprised by Bruin seems like his talk had gotten through to him...
That was besides the point once he got the amulet he felt his powers return even under the shroud and it felt good. Now he could better protect himself and his new family, he did feel weird vibes coming from multiple patrons such as the woman with Merlin being one but it's just a feeling unlike with Bruin his hatred was so great and it still is.
"Damn maybe I should learn to probe minds" he says to himself.
Bruin nods and walks off on his own that took alot and he's not proud but he needs to get past this hatred.. Bruin goes to sit in a booth alone to drink and contemplate.

Moira noticed the woman moving with Merlin and she didn't bite because it would clearly be obvious either way Merlin was not her Target it was Tom and possibly finding others to empower but Moira was just going to watch and keep her eyes and ears open

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Lynn

"Human's can't see the place?" she repeated. Things made more sense now. Her friends didn't tell her about this place because they wouldn't know. It would also explain why she was drawn here in the first place, not to mention why the atmosphere felt a little weird; she didn't know what the Shroud was, but she had quickly gotten used to it.

"I'm a mermaid," she replied. "Name's Lynn."

She took a quick sip of her drink. "You're turn to share. What are you?" she asked chipperly.

BasilOwO BasilOwO

~~~
Roxy

"No harm done," Roxy replied to Moira before she walked off. Technically "little wolf" was accurate, it just sounded weird to her human sensibilities; she was still adjusting to the werewolf thing, but she was more comfortable with it than she had her first night.

She noticed Merlin flag her down and listened to his order. It sounded like pricy stuff, but it's what the customer wanted. She gave Merlin a nod before walking away to fill the order, coming back moments later with the drinks. "Would you like that on your tab?" she asked Merlin.

Gwalihir Gwalihir Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide
Mentioned: Zenkai27 Zenkai27

~~~
Randy

"Ya, I understand..." Randy replied. He just had to adjust his expectations.

"I don't remember Morgan being a henchwoman...makes you wonder who she'd work for..."

Maybe it was best not to think about that for now.

"Who's winning?" he softly asked, changing the subject to the dart game going on nearby.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

"Well yeah, there's a magic shroud on the place hiding it from the humans. A way to keep us safe, I suppose." She trailed off, sighing. "Werewolf, though if you really want to go into detail, I was human for twenty years of my life." She once training her gaze on Azalea. "Though it's cool to meet a mermaid, I mean, considering I haven't met one. Most of the time its other wolves, a few witches and vampires." She'd admit, leaning against the counter. "Anyways, Lynn, I'm Sam, your friendly neighborhood awkwardly gay werewolf, nice to meet you." She joked, holding out one freckle covered hand, smiling.

Carmilla Karnstein

Carmilla perked up his mention of "business", feeling another rise in interest at the situation.
It was easily misconstrued as his reassurance having worked. Which was ideal.

As the waitress left, she added to the order. "The magnum....please." Karnstein said, glancing from the waitress to Merlin teasingly.

"Well,..." she began. "I'm here on a bit of business, a bit of leisure. I need to speak with Thomas....but I also didn't necessarily plan on up and leaving afterwards."
Carmilla's didn't mix signals here, her tone was more casual and hard to misinterpret as flirty.
"I haven't been around here in quite some time. So I thought, why not make a night of it?"
As she finished the waitress returned with the bottle, its ornate rounded glass oozing decadence, and two empty glasses.

Initially, she thought it meant Merlin had purchased the entire bottle. Which would have been quite the flex and have definitely won him a night of entertainment were she a different woman.

<< Bruin nods and walks off on his own that took alot and he's not proud but he needs to get past this hatred.. Bruin goes to sit in a booth alone to drink and contemplate. >>

Tom gave a sigh of relief as the other man turned and walked away. But his relief was short-lived as one of the waitresses caught in the crowd lost her balance and dropped a tray full of drinks on a table. The table occupants were irate, some members of the crowd cheered, and Tom found himself mopping up the resultant mess. Ironically he could see Roxy making it out to Merlin’s table, back to the bar and back to the table in the time it was taking him to straighten out this little mess.

“Gentlemen, please accept my sincerest apologies. Your beers are on the house tonight, for the rest of the night.”

At least they were drinking cheap beer, nothing like the Louis XIII cognac he had spotted Roxy carrying to Merlin’s table. Having resolved the issue of the spilled drinks he stepped away and navigated around the outside of the crowd this time, trying to get to the path Roxy had taken...

<< She gave Merlin a nod before walking away to fill the order… >>

Ben had to climb to the top of his stepstool to get down the ornately crafted bottle. He placed it carefully on the counter alongside two shot glasses that looked like they were designed to match the bottle, and he looked Roxy straight in the eye.

“That’s a $2,000 bottle. Don’t just balance it on your tray: carry it. And don’t even open it until you’ve got the customer’s money in hand. Shots are $200 each.”

<< "I don't remember Morgan being a henchwoman...makes you wonder who she'd work for..." [Randy said] >>

Lucas shook his head. “To be honest, little brother, I hope we never find out. But I’m guessing we will.”

<< "Who's winning?" he softly asked… >>

Lucas grinned. “My money is on Isis, all the way. Curtis is good, but he’s got more of a mind for strategy than for honing physical skills. Isis is a warrior through and through. She’ll hit the mark every time.”

Overhearing the sound of cussing from Curtis and laughter from Isis, that seemed like a fair bet.

<< "Anyways, Lynn, I'm Sam, your friendly neighborhood awkwardly gay werewolf, nice to meet you." >>

About that time Azalea arrived at the bar, having finished her song. “There you are! I hope you enjoyed your dedication tonight. We’ll have to talk about it later: I do see you're busy right now.

“I may have a little business to attend to as well, but I’ll be back soon. Take care!” And she blew Sammy a kiss as she walked away.

<< As the waitress left, she added to the order. "The magnum....please." Karnstein said, glancing from the waitress to Merlin teasingly. >>

By the time Carmilla had spoken up the waitress had gone. Merlin raised a hand, but too late. “Perhaps we can correct that on her return,” he assured her.

<< "Well,..." she began. "I'm here on a bit of business, a bit of leisure. I need to speak with Thomas....but I also didn't necessarily plan on up and leaving afterwards."
Carmilla's didn't mix signals here, her tone was more casual and hard to misinterpret as flirty. >>

Merlin’s expression changed: more thoughtful and attentive. “You pique my curiosity,” he stated: “Thomas is a rather busy man. May I inquire what kind of business you have with him? I might be able to assist in gaining that meeting for you. And if that would free you up for leisure, the pleasure would be all mine.”

<< "I haven't been around here in quite some time. So I thought, why not make a night of it?"
As she finished the waitress returned with the bottle… >>

Merlin brightened at that. “Ah! She must have heard you! Very good!”

MOIRA
Moira kept a close eye on the crowd as she saw Tom heading towards Merlin and that woman. She had seemed to resign to the fact that she wouldn't be able to speak to Tom and in all honesty maybe she would just enjoy herself today. She saw an opportunity when a waitress dropped a tray of drinks on a table and the patrons at the table seemed upset.
<<“Gentlemen, please accept my sincerest apologies. Your beers are on the house tonight, for the rest of the night.”>>

Tom then went about cleaning the mess...
One of the men at the table was clearly not happy even with the free drinks and stood up..."Free drinks and your gonna give us that good stuff like that or else I hope you have insurance" he says making a threat of violence while pointing to a waitress carrying a ornate bottle through the crowd.

Moira stepped forward as she hated seeing this she had a multitude of spells she would love to use in this situation.
"Hey I know it's inconvenient what happened but your not gonna try to take advantage and spout useless threats to the owner of this establishment when he is kind enough to clean up his employees mess now sit down and you and your friends get what he was nice enough to give or I'll handle you myself because right now seems like your overcompensating for something you lack as a man" she says.
The other patrons at his table and listeners nearby laugh at what she was implying and the man sat down.

Moira then turned her attention to Tom... "I would think a handsome entrepreneur such as yourself wouldn't be the one to clean this mess that's very admirable of you" she says grabbing napkins off the gentlemans table and putting them down.
"Your Tom correct, I'm Moira I'm sorry to intervene but I hate neanderthals even though I can tell that you had it under control" she says looking in the direction of all the bouncer's that already closed in.
She didn't understand why she kept talking to him with a smile on her face, dear God she hopes those thoughts she had of him were a fluke.
"Well I must say I did come to your establishment hoping to speak with you on a matter that I need your assistance with but a woman can't help but feel a little insecure as your attention seems to be elsewhere" she says looking at the woman who is at the booth with Merlin clearly misinterpreted Tom's agenda as him being interested in her beauty. What was happening to her in his presence this is so not like her.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Roxy

Roxy carried the bottle over like Ben instructed. She then waited for payment or confirmation to put the bill down on a tab before pouring the drinks. "Enjoy."

With the amount of customers, it wasn't long before she was flagged down and started working at another table.

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide
~~~
Randy

"Sounds like someone knows his people," Randy remarked.

He turned his attention to the crowd and tried to locate Tom. He looked even more busy than he did before and now it looked like a lady wanted to talk to him.

Randy flagged down a waitress. A part of him wished it had been Roxy, but another woman had walked up instead. "Another beer."

Gwalihir Gwalihir
~~~
Lynn

"I hear land is more for the curious mermaids," Lynn replied. "I was born here, in this city."

It was a bit of a long story, but she didn't really know what it was like to live in an underwater city. If she even tried to locate her mother's former home, she doubted she'd be welcomed with open arms.

"It's nice to meet you too," Lynn added, shaking Sam's hand.

Lynn sipped on her drink and listened as Azalea spoke to the bartender. Lynn smiled. It sounded like something might be blooming between the two; she didn't want to get in the way of that.

"If I had an order of water, I should be alright for a while," she told Sam, hoping to free her up from her bar tending duties, assuming someone in this dense crowd didn't come over first.

BasilOwO BasilOwO

She snorted, "I can get you some water if you'd like. Though I'll be busy for the rest of the night so it may take me a bit to get you refills of it. Saturdays are always busy, as it seems." She gestured around her at the busy establishment. "Though if I talk to Tom I can just stay here until Azalea, who's the woman you saw earlier gets back..." She trailed off, mind wandering. "Of course, if I knew where she had gone, I'd be a bit more calm about her leaving suddenly.." Shaking her head, she'd rub her eyes, turning to grab a beer for a patron. Handing it to the waitress, she flashed her an uneasy smile before looking back at the mermaid. "I've never really heard of land mermaids, though I suppose they exist if you're here." She mumbled, reading over the several different bottles.

<< "Free drinks and your gonna give us that good stuff like that or else I hope you have insurance..." >>

Tom sighed to himself and did a silent count to ten to overcome his irritation and consider the best course of action. But before he could come up with an appropriate response, a rather extraordinary lady stepped in and took charge of the situation. Tom could feel the power radiating from her: a priestess older than him, even older than Azalea, he was sure, and with a shadow of wolf strengthening her yet more.

<< "Hey I know it's inconvenient what happened but your not gonna try to take advantage and spout useless threats to the owner of this establishment when he is kind enough to clean up his employees mess now sit down and you and your friends get what he was nice enough to give or I'll handle you myself because right now seems like your overcompensating for something you lack as a man" she says. >>

As laughter came from the crowd, the obstreperous patron sat down, obviously put in his place. Tom turned to thank the lady, and found her already turned to him.

<< "I would think a handsome entrepreneur such as yourself wouldn't be the one to clean this mess that's very admirable of you" >>

Tom practically blushed at the lady’s compliments. It was obvious he appealed to her, and that was most flattering as well. He could sense a strong magnetism between them: in spite of his devotion to Mai, he found this lady very attractive.

“Having a tray of drinks suddenly smash down in the middle of your table can be quite unnerving. I find the best cure for a bad experience is exceptional service. Besides, it impresses them when a manager reduces himself to a menial service.”

Tom extended a hand and was about to introduce himself, but she beat him to the punch.

<< "Your Tom correct, I'm Moira I'm sorry to intervene but I hate neanderthals even though I can tell that you had it under control" she says >>

Tom smiled, holding up her hand and making a small bow, stopping short of kissing it. “It was most gracious of you to step in, Moira. An attack from the side is usually more effective than my efforts would have been, going head to head.”

He wondered what could have possibly brought such a lady in search of him, but didn’t have time to figure that out before she spoke again.

<< "Well I must say I did come to your establishment hoping to speak with you on a matter that I need your assistance with but a woman can't help but feel a little insecure as your attention seems to be elsewhere" she says… >>

Tom followed her glance to see what she was looking at, and realized her misinterpretation. He laughed. “Trust me, any words I might have with that woman would be far from amorous. It is her companion I have business with.”

Why did he feel the need to reassure her? He was with Mai: she should be the only one he should be concerned about reassuring about that. But it was quite flattering that she should even be concerned about him in that way.

“If I may,” he found himself saying to her, “my business with the gentleman there should not take long. If you can hold for just a few minutes, grab a table or booth and order whatever you like, on the house, I should be back to speak with you in ten minutes tops.”

After all, seeing as she had helped him out she kind of deserved as much a reward as he had offered the other group as mollification, right? Of course that was his reason...

<< Roxy carried the bottle over like Ben instructed. She then waited for payment or confirmation to put the bill down on a tab before pouring the drinks. "Enjoy.">>

Merlin was slightly nettled at their conversation being interrupted by the request for payment but immediately produced a $50 bill. “That should cover for now? Let me know if you need more later…”

On being informed of the actual price he gazed quizzically at the cash in his brand-new tri-fold wallet.

“That sounds like a lot. Isn’t that a lot?”

Then suddenly he laughed and shook his finger at Carmilla. “You naughty little minx! You knew, and that’s why you chose it! Ah, well… two servings, please, and here is your pay.”

He added four $100 bills to the $50 he had already produced. Then he squinted at the shot glass and harrumphed.

“For an expensive vintage, they are certainly chintzy with their servings.”

He took a small sip and closed his eyes. “Mmmm. What flavor! They can be forgiven for producing something so divine.”

He continued to sip lightly from the shot glass, savoring every mouthful though he kept his attention on Carmilla. “You may be forgiven your little deceit, unless you are the kind of girl who prefers not to be forgiven.”

Merlin seemed quite content and relaxed for the moment, until he noticed at last that Tom was headed their way. “Oh, fuss and bother. There’s Tom now…”

<< "Sounds like someone knows his people," Randy remarked. >>

“Sometimes think I do at that,” remarked Lucas. “But it’s a job, keeping up. Everybody’s got lives, everybody’s always changing. If you don’t know where they’re coming from, you don’t really know them.”

<< Randy flagged down a waitress. A part of him wished it had been Roxy, but another woman had walked up instead. "Another beer." >>

“Hi!” she said, “I’m Charisse: what can I do for you?” In her short-cut T-shirt and shorts, the long-haired blonde was undeniably cute. “A Budweiser, right?”

She turned and headed off to the bar, and Lucas nodded at her. “There you go. Cute girl, right? You’d never know she’s just here itching for revenge. She lost her brother the night she was turned, killed by the same wolf who turned her. When she finds the guy who did it, I wouldn’t want to be him. She’s carrying a silver switchblade, planning to rip his throat out. Only thing that’s keeping her going, playing that scene over and over in her head. That’s why I don’t dare tell her he’s already compost. She’d fall apart. I took his head off the night after it happened, burned the body. When she’s strong enough, I’ll tell her.”

(tag all)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back