• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
<< Joseph smiled .."no I can feel it being suppressed even greater..this magical shroud you have is reactive I see the more you try to use supernatural or magic ability the stronger it gets.. I don't think I'll be able to do that anymore unless you have somewhere that the shroud is lifted in here" he says. >>

Tom raised an eyebrow. “Very interesting: a twist my mage friends didn’t choose to tell me. I suppose it was something they felt I didn’t need to know. So, when someone tries to use essence, the shroud absorbs at least some of that power and redirects it to fight the user. At least, that’s what I think you are getting at.

“Well, that’s why most of the staff have amulets. Each one is made special for the wearer, and grants them the ability to use their full power under the Shroud. Just let me know when you decide what you want your amulet to look like, and we’ll make it. I suggested a winged staff of healing, the cadeucus, or a firebird, but if you have something different you’d like your amulet to look like, just tell me.”

<< I can sense negative energy and when I first came here there was a dark vengeful spirit. I can't point it out but I know I came across it before.. anyway be careful" he says to Tom. >>

Tom had a serious look on his face as Joseph issued his warning. “I am guessing it was someone just outside the bar, since the Shroud suppresses even senses like energy awareness. Either that, or it was the last gasp of your power before the Shroud kicked up a notch to keep you under.

“I don’t suppose you could tell whom or what its vengeful sense was aimed at? That would probably be asking too much, but it would be real helpful to know.”

<< "Hello .. do you know who the owner of this establishment is I met someone here last time I was around and I never got her name..I am Brent Andre" he says introducing himself. >>

Tom forced himself out of his reverie to be polite. “Yes, Mr. Andre, that would be me. What can I do for you?”

Tom automatically shook the other man’s hand, then looked up in surprise. “It’s sunshine bright morning outside, and you’re a vampire. How did you get here without burning to a crisp?”

Now he was curious. “So: what urgent matter brings you out this morning?”

It was just then that Mark approached him.

<< “Boss? There are some men outside who want to see you. This lady wanted to talk to you first.” >>

There was a sense of power about this woman that reminded Tom of Azalea, though not the free spirit sense that always came with her. With the business attire and the notebook computer the lady was carrying, he suspected this was something business related and urgent.

“Mr. Andre, my apologies but I believe we have an urgent situation here which requires my attention. If you would be so kind as to wait at one of the tables or booths, I will be back to you as soon as I can.”

<< "And sure.. I suppose we can go back downstairs.. but I kind of liked it here, if you don't mind me saying that." >>

Azalea smiled her warmest smile. “Now, why on Earth would I mind that. You’re welcome up to my room any time, hon. But yes, let’s grab a bite: healing is an exhausting, famishing process.”

They followed Roxy downstairs soon enough to hear Mai’s reflections on the situation.

<< "But how did they find out so soon? Did someone leak the info? Or are we dealing with some top tier magicians?">>

“I would say the latter,” replied Azalea: “Someone powerful enough to have Diviners working full time to catch incidents like this. After all, what we did was no small feat. “

<< Brenda stepped forward. “Sir? My bosses, the gentlemen outside, represent the Wizard’s Council.... ...Failure to grant such a request would be considered an insult to the Wizard’s Council. We hope you will comply.” >>

Tom bowed to Brenda, a grave look on his face. “Please tell your bosses we are most honored by their visit, and have no wish to offend them. However, the entire point of the establishment of the Last Castle is to create a location wherein everyone is on an even footing: where no one can overcome another by magic or preternatural strength. This is specifically intended to allow conferences such as they desire right now with all parties feeling safe. I can assure you that Taliesan Merlin would prefer such a setting, rather than face three wizards of unknown intent and power who might seek to attack him if they are dissatisfied with his answers.”

Tom glanced around at the various people in the bar. “The one condition under which I will allow the wizards to have access to magic within the Last Castle is if they are willing to invest the energies required to raise the Shroud themselves. Understand this will require a considerable expense of essence, and greatly enhance the natural magical capabilities of all other persons within this building, for so long as they keep the Shroud lifted.”

Brenda considered for a moment. “Your arguments hold merit. I am certain that one of your two scenarios shall be deemed acceptable. I will speak with them, and expect we shall all come in shortly.”

She bowed to Tom and turned back and walked down the stairs. Tom shook his head. “I had hoped we might avoid this altogether, but that was foolish of me. Of course the Wizard’s Council were going to come: we just raised _Merlin_, for cryin’ out loud!”

Tag all

She followed, shoving her hands into her pockets. It was obvious her leg was bothering her, but she'd ignore it, her eyes narrowing in on the abundance of people. She said nothing, however she kept her eyes focused on them. Taking a breath, she'd sit at a lone table, leg stretched to its fullest, which wasn't very long. The kink in her leg was obvious, but she ignored it, watching them.

"The Wizard's council?" Roxy asked. "I've read enough fantasy to have an inkling about what that could mean, but what do they want with Merlin? A friendly chat?"

"Also...wouldn't lifting the Shroud potentially expose us to the outside world? I thought magic was supposed to be hidden..."
If her train of thought was accurate, surely the Wizard's Council would know that, right? They were the experts.

BRUIN

Brent felt a little insulted when Tom questions him about moving in the daylight any vampire that has lived at least half as long as they have knew how to move among the shadows especially in these modern times so much items keep out UV light...
His home alone was designed to keep out light but the glass kept it safe for him.

Brent went to sit down at the booth moving past the phoenix who gave him a weird look but he ignores it.
Brent wanted to find the wolf at least till he was able to speak to Tom again...he had to change his approach try to be less hostile... He sat in the booth eyes darting all over the bar.

JOSEPH

Joseph followed Tom as the issue seemed urgent and if someway he could help he would.
The man that was talking to Tom walked past him and he was sure he knew him from somewhere but he averted his gaze.

Joseph saw Tom speaking to wizards... A part of him wanted to learn magic as his mentor told him that their kind are more magical beings than supernatural. Zombies, vampire's, werewolves, ghouls beings with un-natural life but wizards and spirits of nature and a few beings were different.

"You must be a old vampire if wizards respect you in a past life about 2 centuries ago couple of wizards wanted to recruit me but I declined they seemed to see vampires and other species as perversions of nature. Only necromancers or dark shamans and gypsies associated with vampires. Have things changed so much between my lifetimes?" He said and asked after the wizards left.
Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< [Roxy] “...what do they want with Merlin? A friendly chat?" >>

“I suspect so,” Thomas replied: “After all, he is the most famous wizard in history, and presumably the most powerful. Of course they will want to know where he stands on everything from international politics to the weather: that just makes sense.”

<< [Joseph] "You must be an old vampire if wizards respect you. In a past life about 2 centuries ago a couple of wizards wanted to recruit me but I declined. They seemed to see vampires and other species as perversions of nature. Only necromancers or dark shamans and gypsies associated with vampires. Have things changed so much between my lifetimes?" >>

Tom smiled. “Well, being over a thousand years old and having had a hand in a great many pots, one tends to gain influence, power and respect. If I had not acquired a reputation, they probably would not see me as even a person, let alone one worthy of respect.

“That’s quite noble of you, turning down the chance to learn magics because of your values on the lives of others. I find that making noble choices often leads to real-world troubles, but I don’t lose sleep over my actions.

“I don’t know how much things have really changed between most mages and vampires. Probably not a lot. But in this case, they knew that to get to Merlin they would have to go through me, and they chose the easy path of respect instead of trying to fight their way in. Bravo for them: hopefully they can get what they want without anyone coming to blows.”

<< [Roxy] "Also...wouldn't lifting the Shroud potentially expose us to the outside world? I thought magic was supposed to be hidden..." >>

Thomas smiled again. “You misunderstand. The Shroud is what keeps preternaturals from having any powers while in the bar. In raising it, they will do exactly what Morgan le Fay did last night. They will make it possible for themselves to perform magic, but they will also be pouring magical essence in that will give you and everyone in here extra powers, again, like Morgan did last night.

“You’ll be able to shift at will, Joseph will be able to heal and bring fire, as well as sense things the way he usually does. Our new vampire friend over there will have vampire strength and possibly more: Mai will have extra powers, and all that. My hope is that with everyone here in the bar being stronger, the wizards won’t dare try anything we don’t like.”

Taliesan/Merlin finished his breakfast, pushed his plate away and stood up. “This should be interesting. In my time we had the Guild, but no ‘Council.’ It sounds like some wizards decided they were more important than the rest of us, and decided to push it. Maybe they started off with good intentions, maybe not, but you know what they say the road to Hell is paved with.

“Or I could be wrong: perhaps they have actually achieved a few things of merit. It will be interesting to find out.”

Mai flashed Joseph a smile. He really was a phoenix after all. She nodded when her name was mentioned, using it as an introduction of sorts.

"Oh...," Roxy said after the Shroud was explained. She took a seat beside Randy and didn't feel like asking anymore questions.

"Guess we'll find out soon enough," Randy said, getting comfy in his seat. "Do you think they made their decision yet?" he asked no one in particular.

JOSEPH

Joseph smiled in Mai's direction... "Yea can't make it up pure magical energy in human form. Still alot I don't understand yet but I'm learning" he says flexing his hands

He looks at Tom.."you seriously will allow me to be able to use my powers under the shroud...how can I thank you" he says.

Bruin still sat waiting for Tom to return spinning the same ancient silver coin on the table

Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505

And then came the tingling, like a fresh breath of air on a cool, sunny morning. The feeling swelled and rose, bringing a sense of power and magic. Mai felt again as if she had three tails and all the power imbued in them: Roxy, as if she could transform at will into her wolf form and back, Randy, as if he could run, leap, fight like Bruce Lee. Tom sensed his vampiric strength and celerity increased, even though he already had the amulet that freed him from the effects of the Shroud: Joseph felt his full capabilities as a healer and phoenix awakened within him as well as his senses restored. None knew what Bruin felt.

Brenda came back up the stairs and stepped aside. “Ladies and gentlemen: allow me to introduce the Archons. Archon Martin Saunders of New York, Archon John Wellington of the United Kingdom, and High Archon Abraham Peterson of Louisiana.”

The Archons were all distinguished looking gentlemen in suits and carrying walking canes. Martin’s bore the carved head of an eagle, and the eyes were glowing red. John’s was a gold and silver dragon with a blue ball in its mouth, and the ball was glowing. Abraham’s was a simple knob, but inlaid with gold and silver, and the entire knob was glowing in a scintillating pattern...

JOSEPH

Joseph laughed as his regenerative powers kicked up to their natural full capability...he may have healed from the attack from before but now all lingering pain disappeared...
He let his power flow through his body allowing his left side to be engulfed in the white flames of restoration and his right side with red flames of destruction that eventually formed a pair of red and white fiery wings behind him.

Joseph felt incredible.."Tom this is great...but I can sense evil spirits in your bar but one is very vengeful the vampire who came up to talk to you earlier" he says to him... "His hatred is directed towards you"

[Bruin]
Bruin felt his powers return to a even greater capacity ... The phoenixes light show drew his attention.
"Seems like I should go introduce myself" he says activating his power invading the minds of everyone in the bar not controlling them he in a way hijacked their minds eye...so everyone saw the memories of Thomas of Avalon slaughtering the innocent...
They could not unsee the Atrocities of Tom feeding on innocent humans and kidnapping others as Bruin walked slowly to find Tom...
Mai, Roxy, Joseph and the Wizards saw Tom standing before a boy after killing his siblings and going to kill the last remaining one before his brothers intervention but was bitten and thrown off a cliff to die the last image in the boys mind is seeing Tom drenched in the blood of his family feeding on his young brother as he fell. That is when Bruin the beast was born.

Mai stood up as the Wizard Council members approached. She bowed respectfully, giving the men a Japanese greeting. The pleasantries didn't have much of a chance to start as a nightmarish image entered her mind. It was Tom, but not the man she knew. It looked like someone's memory, one from a long, long time ago. Tom was probably a new vampire here and wasn't in control of his urges.

It seemed like the others had saw it too.

"Tom?" she asked, sounding concerned.
~~
Roxy froze; pupils dilating with fear. Blood...so much blood. She started to feel sick.

"The hell?!" Randy exclaimed. He had a stronger stomach than Roxy, but it was still something he hadn't wanted to see.

"Roxy!" He called out as he spotted her rushing toward the ladies' room. He wasn't sure how expansive the enemy vampire's revenge plan was. He had to protect her, just in case. Running on adrenaline and his magical buzz, Randy hadn't processed that he was about to enter the ladies' room. As he dashed in, he could hear Roxy vomiting up breakfast in the nearest stall. He grabbed some paper towels and passed them to her when she was done.

"... Thanks ..."

'Fern'.jpg

Fern looked at his ungloved hands as they disappeared, along with his head. He pushed his plate away and drank down the last bit of his milk. Suddenly, Memories...Not Fern's memories...Somehow found their ways into his head. Very Bloody They Were.
He almost fell out of his chair when the memories were over, Looking over at the so-called Wizard Council members. Fern slipped on his gloves and was getting ready to leave, Until a woman announced their names.
"Nice to meet Ya'll." He said as he stood up and smiled an Invisible smile. Then he saw two run to the restrooms. "I don't know who that was, But ya ruined my time 'ere. Might as well leave." He got off his chair and picked up his helmet.

<< [Joseph]: "Tom this is great...but I can sense evil spirits in your bar but one is very vengeful the vampire who came up to talk to you earlier" he says to him... "His hatred is directed towards you" >>

Tom looked up in alarm, suddenly realizing he was out in the middle of the room away from all the weapons which had been restored to the walls. But Mai was standing right next to a set…

“Mai! A sword, quick!” he called out.

<< [Bruin] "Seems like I should go introduce myself" he says activating his power invading the minds of everyone in the bar… >>

Tom never saw if Mai got to a sword and threw it towards him or not. Suddenly his mind was trapped in an ancient nightmare: one that had haunted him several centuries earlier.

The only difference was perspective. He saw this same scene from the vantage point of the boy, not his own. He felt the boy’s horror, sense of betrayal, and budding hatred.

He remembered: he remembered very well. But this was an added layer he had not experienced…

“Clarifikem Mentalis Profundis!” Suddenly his mind was his own again: Merlin had literally spoken the magic words. He found himself on the ground, potentially at his enemy’s mercy. He quickly rolled to a wall and grabbed a sword.

“Entangelo!” commanded Merlin once more, and Tom and Bruin each found themselves bound with their hands behind them as if with invisible cords to posts that separated the booths.

The Archons were getting up from the floor. Mark and Lucius each had grabbed a sword but now stood looking confused at Tom.

“Is this your idea of a peaceable meeting, Thomas of Avalon?” asked Martin.

“Be still!” commanded Merlin: “He gave you a choice, and you chose to bring in power. Can it be any surprise that someone else would use that power, too?

He turned to Tom. “My ‘savior,’” he growled. “What have you to say for yourself, in your defense?”

Tom still could not move a muscle from his neck on down, but found he was able to speak. “That was a thousand years ago. I was turned and hypnotized by Baron Drake. He twisted me into an animal: an animal of war. I had no choice in the matter. This and other misdeeds from that time have haunted me.

“When a gypsy restored me to my senses, I impaled Drake on his own pike and chopped off his head for good measure. I returned to some of the sites of my heinous crimes, hoping to make amends. But it was no use: those yet living who had returned saw me and screamed and ran in terror.

“The only thing I could do was run far away and start again. And so I did. For centuries I have been discreet and respectful of human life. It is the only way I know how to make amends. I beg you to judge me not on what was done under duress a thousand years ago, but what I have done or tried to do since.”

Merlin waved a hand in a non-magical gesture, and Tom took it that Merlin wished to hear no more. The Archons approached Merlin, standing near the center of the room, and seemed prepared to speak, but Merlin waved them to silence as well.

“You, you abductor of our minds and senses: I take it this crime was done to you, and you seek vengeance? Speak!”

Tag all

Bruin

Bruin was bound by magic even fighting against it with his vampiric strength...
The magic was too strong...Bruin listened to Tom plead his case but each word made him angrier...when he was commanded to speak he glared at Tom.

"Does ur being glamoured by Drake excuse the sins you committed...does it change the fact that you turned a boy who idolized you into Bruin the beast...
You were turned but became drake's most feared soldier even his Atrocities made him second to you. Thomas of Avalon became a dark monster Thomas the Reaper of Avalon." He says

"If you truly want to atone then you should have forfeited your life...I vowed to kill you before I end this cursed life you forced upon me. You hear me Tom I will be the face you see before you die just as you were to me."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Mai hadn't grabbed a sword. She had been in the process of getting one when Bruin projected his memory in everyone's head. By the time she pulled a sword off the wall, Bruin and Tom were both magically restrained.

"Ara, ara...," she sighed. "No one has to die to atone for their sins." Though people like Brain didn't have to forgive either. She could understand where Brain was coming from, but she didn't want Tom to die either.

She watched Merlin intently, waiting to see what he'd do.

At this point, Randy and Roxy emerged from the bathroom.

"Is this a trial now?" Roxy asked. She had missed a bit of the action, but it looked like a trail.

She gripped Randy's hand for emotional support. She was still trying to process what she had just saw in her head. That wasn't the Tom she knew. If it wasn't for him and the bar, she wasn't sure where she'd be; probably not with Randy.

"What are you going to do?" she asked Merlin. She didn't know what magic law was like. "Please don't kill him."

Merlin stood at the center of the room, apparently indecisive, considering what he had been told. Azalea stepped forward to speak.

“Good sir: any true system of justice must forgive a wrongdoer who was forced under duress to commit a crime, the forgiveness to be more extensive with the severity of the duress. If Thomas was indeed glamored by his sire, there was absolutely no way he could break free of his compulsion. There was no moral choice: for Thomas, there was no choice at all. He was nothing but a tool in the hands of his sire. One does not blame the chisel when the carver makes a bad stroke.”

Merlin nodded. “Relajo uni,” he said, and Thomas’ bonds were free. Thomas stepped away from the pillar and looked over at Bruin.

“If there is mercy for me, there must be some level of mercy for him,” Tom stated. “Witnessing the death of his whole family at the hands of one he trusted: how much greater a duress could one suffer? What would I not have done were the shoe on the other foot?

“But forgiveness only comes to the repentant. This man still seeks not only my life, but those of all whom I hold dear: innocent of crimes, every one of them. No forgiveness can extend to the unrepentant one who still seeks to commit a crime. For this, justice must require that he be struck down.

“I cannot, however, say that this man is wholly to blame for his emotions. What he saw was atrocious, and it turned him into an atrocity. But some justice he is yet owed.

“If he will forsake his crusade against my friends, I would grant him the right of trial by combat. He and I, to the death. He is nearly as old as I, with all my powers and a few besides. It would be a fair fight. But he must vow by the blood of his family that if we fight he will not raise a hand against my friends. And there must be magical reinforcement of that vow. He cannot break the vow because he considers me unworthy of him keeping it.”

Merlin nodded. “It is well said. Let the combat take place here, in this room. Those friends and loved ones may watch, but they shall be under my protection should this Bruin try to strike out at them in the course of the battle.”

The Archons stood silently but nodding their approval. Azalea as well nodded and stepped back, out of the space in which the duel would happen.

“You, Bruin:” said Merlin: “Will you renounce your vengeance against Thomas’ friends and loved ones if you are granted the opportunity to face him in a trial by combat?”

(tag all)

MOIRA

Moira finally awoke from her return surrounded by other priestess...some stood back as she awoke as she was somewhat feared as she went off on her own and turned herself into something that was thought of as an abomination by the Archons.
"Ahhh sister's why do you cower in fear in sight of me I assumed you all would be pleased by my return" she says.

A priestess named Viviane stepped forward "we do not fear you it is just that no one has ever returned from exile by the Archons" she replied

"Well now that I have become a werewolf my strength grows slowly over the years which made it so that my magic power grew as well... Damn Archons...did no one avenge my betrayal at their hands?" She asked

Viviane was the only one brave enough to speak..."Losing you was a crushing blow as you were the only one with magic on par with a Archon we knew we couldn't defeat the whole council of them" she replied.

Moira grew angry eyes glowing red as shadow wolves began emerging from the shadows of the priestesses and they erected barriers but the wolves just walked through easily... "COWARDS...THEY TRICKED ME AND HAD A VAMPIRE KILL THE ONE I LOVED AND NO RETRIBUTION WAS SOUGHT" she growled

Maria cowered but managed to speak.."Moi...ra...please Drake was a powerful baron before his death ..with a great army... what could we do with his strength and the Archons at his side it was suicide" she squealed.

Moira made the wolves retreat..."So pathetic...but the one who killed my love is dead ...who killed him and do they still live?" She asked
"Thomas of Avalon I believe he still lives he owns a bar for the magical and supernatural" Viviane says in relief.
"Hmm a lone vampire defeated Baron drake this Vampire deserves my gratitude...but I will not assist you all I will take down the chauvinist Archons and build up new Priestesses and others to help me.. now leave all of you I need more rest" she says

BRUIN

Bruin thought for a moment..."ahhh fine I vow not to go after those you love... It's a shame I wanted you to have what you love taken from you (he looks over at Mai)...but it's a chance to take your life in combat as I have dreamed of for centuries then I accept" he says awaiting for the magical restraints to be removed

"
Know this if your friends mean to cause me harm then I will surely kill them... If I win this duel and any wolf, phoenix, wizard or Kitsune makes an attempt on my life they will die and I want no retaliation" he says knowing that if he kills Tom he could be killed by those who follow him

Mai crossed her arms. "If you thought I'd fall in love with you, let me be clear, you're not my type," she said to Bruin.

"The rules sound fair..." She gave Tom a 'don't die' glance, before finding a spot to watch beside Merlin.

~~~
Roxy wanted to protest, but it looked like Tom had made up his mind.

Randy ushered her over to the wizards so they could watch, but judging from how she reacted to Bruin's memory, he prepared to cover her eye or ears. It dawned on him that since she was a werewolf, it might be harder to shield her senses from the battle.

"Do any of you know a spell that can give a werewolf human senses temporarily?" he softly asked the wizards; he didn't want to distract Tom while he prepared for the duel.

Zenkai27 Zenkai27 Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
<< "Know this if your friends mean to cause me harm then I will surely kill them... If I win this duel and any wolf, phoenix, wizard or Kitsune makes an attempt on my life they will die and I want no retaliation" >>

“Do not worry,” replied Thomas: “My friends are honorable and understand the nature of trial by combat. The winner is proven right in the eyes of justice, and goes free. Likewise, I require your vow that if you kill me, your retaliation will go no further: once I am dead, these others are no longer your prey. You will leave them unharmed and go your way.”

<< "The rules sound fair..." [Mai] gave Tom a 'don't die' glance, before finding a spot to watch beside Merlin. >>

Tom nodded to Mai in understanding. “Don’t worry, my dear: I am not so easy to kill.”

He selected a longsword and shield as Bruin was released. A sword, an axe and a shield all hung over the table next to the pillar where Bruin had been bound, within his easy reach.

<< "Do any of you know a spell that can give a werewolf human senses temporarily?" [Randy] softly asked the wizards… >>

Abraham chuckled and looked at him. “Of course we do, boy. We’re blocking it right now.”

Martin turned to Abraham. “What if we suggested that this Thomas remove his amulet, and we drop the Shroud? Two vampires reduced to human strength and speed, no celerity tricks or turning into hordes of rats or any such thing…”

Abraham harrumphed at the suggestion. “If we’re going to watch a dual, let it at least be an interesting one. Besides, I don’t care to give up my powers even for the while.”

Merlin nodded to both duelists. “Ready? En Guarde!”

The words had barely escaped Merlin’s lips when Tom tossed the shield like a great frisbee at Bruin and launched himself after it in a burst of celerity, intent on striking with the sword at the same moment as the shield hit…

tag

BRUIN

Bruin scoffed at Mai's remark "I did not mean taking you from him in that sense I meant killing you before his eyes" he replied to Mai..

<<My friends are honorable and understand the nature of trial by combat. The winner is proven right in the eyes of justice, and goes free. Likewise, I require your vow that if you kill me, your retaliation will go no further: once I am dead, these others are no longer your prey. You will leave them unharmed and go your way.”>>

Bruin nodded "Yes I Vow it's your death I seek anyway" he says
He is then released from the binds and not a moment passes before Merlin shouts for the duel to begin that Tom tosses the shield at Bruin while following up with a sword strike but Bruin reached grabbing the Axe in time using it to deflect the shield and managed to parry the blade enough that it grazed his whole left side drawing blood but not too deep as Bruin rolled out of the way.
"You drew first blood with intent to kill" he says removing his ruined shirt his muscular frame was now prepared for everything as many scar's were seen on his body from how damaged he had gotten from Tom before he was turned.
Gripping the axe with two hands he dashes at Tom with a overhead strike intending for their weapon's to clash just to get close to Tom.
"You see the monster you created, every time I look at myself I see what you did" he says repeatedly striking Toms blade not trying to go for the kill just yet.
"Were you really hypnotized or did Drake just release the person you truly were" he says aiming to knee Tom in his stomach as he raised the axe handle to strike him on the head after he connected hoping to knock him to the ground to then come down with a giant swing afterwards.

JOSEPH
while watching the duel Joseph did not know how he felt about Tom after seeing those memories now but he knows that Bruin was in great pain from what he endured.
Joseph turned to Mai "Surely you must understand the pain of a young boy who lost all those he loved and now seeing the person responsible leading a good life" he says to her his empathy was something he did not know he could sense..."I also feel Toms sorrow at his actions... living knowing that deep down there's something dark inside of you" he continues...

Both feelings were at war inside Joseph such strong emotions...he makes he way to Merlin..."You must stop this Wizard there has to be another way neither deserves death both of them have been through their own hell" he says pleading to him and the Archons

Last edited:
"He's lived through a tragedy, sure...but that doesn't excuse his choices," Mai said to Joseph.

She grabbed a paper fan that had been tied to her waist and started to fan herself. She was trying to remain dignified. Her relationship with Tom was just starting to get good; sooner or later the fight would become harder and harder to watch. She just had to trust that Tom would come up on top.

"I'm sorry, Joseph, but this was what they agreed to," she said. "If it wasn't this, the other vampire would try to kill us or make us fight each other first. There's no win-win scenario here."

~~~
"Thanks," Randy nodded to Abraham.

He covered Roxy's ears with his hands and she berried her face in his chest.

"Should we go outside?" he asked softly. The fight had barely begun, but Roxy seemed pretty shaken up.

"No...I need to know who wins..." Her boss' life was on the line. She'd feel terrible if she left the room and he ended up dying. "Just don't let go..."

Zenkai27 Zenkai27 Gwalihir Gwalihir

Azalea placed a hand on Joseph’s shoulder. “Your heart is true, phoenix, but Bruin’s is not. There is no kernel of forgiveness left in it, and he is prepared to take innocent lives as well as guilty. It is not a question of forgiveness, but survival. It is why princes are beheaded along with kings.”

Merlin’s attentions seemed torn between Joseph and the battle. “If things were different, perhaps there might be a way. But I see no chance now.”

The Archons watched silently, their glowing canes held high...

<< "You drew first blood with intent to kill" [Bruin] says removing his ruined shirt… >>

Bruin had rolled away quickly enough to give Tom a moment of pause. “I did. I still do not trust your vow: you are too full of hate to ever let this go, with my death or any other.”

<< many scars were seen on his body from how damaged he had gotten from Tom before he was turned. >>

He remembered. Tom remembered every cut, every bite, every wound. For a moment he hesitated. Even in the middle of the battle, he could hear all the arguments going on around him clearly: those for Bruin and those against, and he couldn’t help but ponder them in his heart. Then he met Bruin mid-jump coming in with the axe.

<< "You see the monster you created, every time I look at myself I see what you did" >>

Tom parried the axe blows repeatedly, using celerity to avoid being hurt but not to strike. Bruin was so angry he was giving Tom plenty of chances, but Tom kept hesitating.

<< "Were you really hypnotized or did Drake just release the person you truly were?” >>

Just as Tom twisted around to try to disarm Bruin he got caught in the stomach by Bruin’s knee. But Tom was experienced enough to turn the doubling over into a roll, getting away from Bruin and the axe and resuming a strong defensive posture.

“You could ask yourself the same question, Bruin. Did I taint your blood with a vengeful spirit, or did you choose to become the monster? What might you have done with yourself had you chosen to overcome the evil with good, and lived a better life? I never hypnotized you: you chose all your actions yourself.”

Celerity has its price, and Tom was starting to feel worn out. He still had plenty to go, but he could feel the edge falling off his skill. He attacked again, a swirl of cuts and slashes and stabs, but without celerity. Bruin could surely block them, but it put him on guard. If only Tom could count on Bruin’s wound to bleed he would know that Bruin was failing quickly, but vampires don’t bleed.

“If only you had not set yourself against the innocents in my life, I might not have to kill you. But with a life full of so much hatred, I can’t even trust your vow that you would not strike them down as well. I cannot allow that.”

And suddenly Tom jumped, somersaulting over Bruin and striking down as he came down. A lucky stroke might have led to a beheading, but more likely to just a large slash from shoulder to shoulder that would make it more difficult for Bruin to fight through the pain…

Tag all

<<“You could ask yourself the same question, Bruin. Did I taint your blood with a vengeful spirit, or did you choose to become the monster? What might you have done with yourself had you chosen to overcome the evil with good, and lived a better life? I never hypnotized you: you chose all your actions yourself.”>>

Bruin scoffed at Toms words "choice I had no choice since the day you took everything from me... I was broken and cursed you found gypsies to restore your mind from Drake's control. I found dark shamans that sent my soul to hell as a soulless husk was what they wanted" he says seeing Tom begin to weaken

Although Bruin was full of rage he had the heart of a warrior as being a knight like Tom was his dream. This is what added onto his rage.

<<“If only you had not set yourself against the innocents in my life, I might not have to kill you. But with a life full of so much hatred, I can’t even trust your vow that you would not strike them down as well. I cannot allow that.”>>

"I only wish to make you feel the same pain as I did. Is that not fair?" He says blocking shallow weaker strikes.

"I had to survive in hell being tortured while my body was made to commit so many atrocities .... The only thing that kept me going was avenging my family and once I came back I had to become ruthless to hunt down the other remaining generals in drake's army that fled to avoid death at your hands being at death's door countless times" he says

At his core Bruin felt remorse as Tom somersaults over Bruin coming down with his blade Bruin only moved slightly ready to block with the axe but toms force shattered the weapon as the strike cleaved through his shoulder and brought him to his knees the blade went deep into his shoulder causing him to drop his axe handle and his entire arm almost severed from the shoulder.

Bruin coughed as the agonizing pain seared through his body.
"I misjudged your strength...this is my defeat ..I'm already damned Tom hate kept me going all these centuries and I cannot forgive and I will keep coming after you...let me die as a man is all I ask" he says still struggling to grab a broken piece of the axe with his one good arm so Tom knew that he would try to kill him if given any chance to recover.

JOSEPH

"This is madness" Joseph says to everyone his empathy knew that this was a cruel twist of faith.
"Yes hatred ruled him but he is a dark reflection of what Tom could have been...do something Merlin" Joseph pleaded again

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
<< I was broken and cursed! You found gypsies to restore your mind from Drake's control. I found dark shamans that sent my soul to hell as a soulless husk… >>

Yet another wall of Thomas’ will to kill crumbled at Bruin’s revelation.

<< "I had to survive in hell being tortured while my body was made to commit so many atrocities .... The only thing that kept me going was avenging my family… >>

The only thing that kept him going. Thomas remembered when he first set his heart against Baron Drake, how that had become his sole purpose. He remembered the fury of his attack, the viciousness of impaling Drake on his own pike, the massive sense of victory and peace as he lopped off Drake’s head.

But even so, Thomas’ spirit would not let him give up. He somersaulted over Bruin and struck hard, feeling the shock of the axe handle shatter and the cut going deep. The battle was his.

<< I'm already damned Tom. Hate kept me going all these centuries and I cannot forgive and I will keep coming after you...let me die as a man is all I ask..." >>

With a flick of his blade Tom knocked away the remains of the shattered axe, and another flick placed his blade squarely at Bruin’s throat. A simple swipe would behead the other vampire, and Tom’s woes would all be at an end. And yet, he could not.

“You are not my enemy,” he growled. “You are a child of the evil that rested in me, once upon a time. If you were not so determined to strike me down, I would welcome you with open arms. But you will not allow this…”

Tom raised the blade again, but could not bring himself to strike. “Damn you! Can’t you see repentance when it is right before you? No words can bring back your family, but you must surely see that I would change it if I could…”

He stepped back, dropping the sword. “What will it take? Must I hold you captive in a dungeon? Can I banish you forever from these lands? How can I end your vendetta?”

Merlin stepped forward. “You cannot. But perhaps I can.” He claimed a shard of the silver-coated axe head, shiny and reflective, and with a word set it spinning slowly in midair.

“Sensato elegris. Mantelo compondis. Domine, severis nunca son fies sans repudria: nie ses inamoratae. Ascio, Ascio!”

The shard spun faster and faster, reflective light coming off it more brightly each moment. Those who could keep their eyes open to see were witness to a transformation, first of Tom’s form to Bruin’s and Bruin’s to Tom’s, and yet back again. When the light suddenly faded, Tom collapsed to his knees next to Bruin.

“It is done,” said Merlin: “Justice has been served. Tom has spared Bruin, and now part of Bruin’s soul resides in Tom. Bruin cannot strike Tom without himself suffering the same wound before it is inflicted. Nor can he strike anyone connected to Tom. Nor can he reverse the process, to injure himself and thus injure Tom.

“Bruin is now powerless against you. What is your will, Thomas of Avalon?”

Tom fought his way to his feet. “He cannot strike me, or anyone linked to me? Then heal him, mend him, and let him go. If he comes back, we’ll talk.”

Tom staggered away to slump in a chair, holding out an arm to Mai...

JOSEPH

Joseph saw the magic that Merlin had cast, it was a rare spell as the Archons look on in shock at what Merlin did. Joseph laughed they clearly weren't happy as Merlin must have leeched some power from all of them to cast a life binding spell because a spell of such magnitude no one wizard should be capable of without giving their life or using a great power source. It is for the time being irreversible and Joseph just laughed at the old men who got played and Joseph looks at Merlin "Was this your Plan all along?" he says as his body slowly gets covered in white flames and he fires it at Bruin healing his wounds almost instantly.

BRUIN
Bruin felt the pain subside but he was still weak from the spell that was cast.... "No...no..NOOO!" he bellowed in rage now that his one goal in life was pushed further out of his reach. "This isn't over Tom, I will never forgive you..." he says as he looses consciousness.

Joseph walks up to Bruin... "Yea getting a piece of your soul bound is something even I can't heal so your going to still need to rest for a couple of days" he says outloud looking at Tom... "Are you sure you want to keep him here Tom, he won't get through centuries of rage overnight even if he can't hurt you and Mai" he says

The dual felt like it had gone on for longer than it did, but it was finally over.

As Merlin used his magic, Mai had to shield her eyes. Randy had to shield his own as Roxy was already shielded from it with her face pressed against his chest.

When the blinding light went away, Mai could see that Bruin was still alive. In the end, Tom couldn't kill him; however it looked liked another solution had been found...maybe. The vengeful vampire still seemed pissed.

Mai quickly walked over to Tom and leaned over to hug him. She didn't have to say that she was glad that he was alright; her actions spoke for her.

"How are you feeling?" she asked him. "Are you still you?" She wondered if the soul binding ended up giving Tom some of Bruin's personality, or if it was merely a 'you hurt me, you hurt yourself' kind of thing.
~~~
Randy tapped Roxy on her shoulder and started to loosen his hold on her. She moved her head, revealing new tear stains on Randy's shirt. She wiped her eyes and stared where the duel had been. Both were alive. Bruin's arm had been chopped off at some point; luckily vampires didn't bleed much. It looked like Joseph was healing the vampire, giving him a new arm.

"I guess that's that...for now," Randy said. "Assuming there's no more interruptions, it looks like you can have the meeting with Merlin now."

Gwalihir Gwalihir Zenkai27 Zenkai27
Nearby: BasilOwO BasilOwO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back