• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Saturday Morning

Tom woke alone in his bed. There was nothing unusual about that, and for a long minute it didn’t occur to him that there were reasons it might have been different today. Then he remembered the final parts of last night, and a smile crept over his face. He had a pretty good idea of where he would find Mai, so he pulled on his jeans and a T-shirt and some sandals and headed up the stairs. As he did, he smelled coffee brewing and something else cooking. He never ate, but drank plenty of liquids, so the coffee sounded pretty good.

In the kitchen he found Mai, back in her kimono, being busy. He let the floorboards creak under his feet as he approached her from behind, grasped her shoulders gently and planted a kiss on the top of her head…

Sunrise crept softly, silently across the hillside, bringing light to the great mound of ivy at its base. Slowly the mound stirred, and then a man parted the vines and sat up. He still wore the bedraggled robes that Taliesan had the night before, but that was where the similarities ended. This man was apparently in great health, a touch of gray at his temples but otherwise raven-haired, only the faint beginnings of wrinkles showing on his face.

He raised his hands before him, staring as if he had never seen them before. Then he touched his face and uttered a sigh of relief. “Your cure was most effective, young lady. I am fully restored!”

The other side of the ivy patch stirred, and Azalea’s arm poked through, trying to disentangle herself and Sammy without damaging the vines. Once she revealed Sammy’s face, she stroked back a bit of tangled hair that had fallen across her face. “Time to wake up, sleepy! You should feel really good this morning!”

She gently unwrapped the scarf from around the hand that had been so deeply cut the night before, and though there was blood on the bandage there was not even a mark to show where the cut had been on Sammy’s hand. “There. That’s better. And let’s not try that again, shall we? There are a dozen better ways to get essence than maiming yourself. Taliesan has already offered to train you: so will I. Don’t worry: you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.”

Azalea sighed and laid back. “I guess there’s nothing to do but wait for Roxy and Randy to come pick us up…”

shadowdude505

shadowdude505
Zenkai27

Zenkai27
Ashy_OCdesigns

Ashy_OCdesigns BasilOwO BasilOwO BasilOwO BasilOwO

Mai was holding a skillet over an orb of fox fire, cooking some bacon. She heard Tom's creaking footsteps and glanced behind her. She flashed him a smile before focusing on her cooking.

"Good morning, sunshine," Mai greeting him with a honeyed voice. "There's a cup of coffee with your name on it." Not literally. "Fixed it like you usually do." She had been at the bar long enough to notice his coffee habits.

~~~
Randy hadn't expected getting pulled into the craziness of last night, not that he minded (he got to be with Roxy after all), but he hadn't booked a hotel either. He had stayed with Roxy, making the couch in her apartment a temporary bed.

Spending the night in the same building made it easier to prepare for picking up Azalea, Sammy, and Taliesan. Randy drove his truck and Roxy gave him the directions again.

"Oh wow!" Randy exclaimed. "Someone caught their beauty sleep." Taliesan looked like a different person; maybe not totally, but definitely younger.

"There's breakfast at the bar. I bet you guys are pretty hungry," Roxy said, mostly for Taliesan's sake; he wouldn't have known that.

They waited for everyone to get situated in the truck before driving to the bar.

Interacted: Gwalihir Gwalihir BasilOwO BasilOwO
At the bar: Zenkai27 Zenkai27 Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

She opened one eyes, glancing at the other four. The cut from her hand had completely healed, moving to flop on top of Azalea, eyes closing once more. "Can we just.. stay here?" She asked her, though she already knew the answer, and she moved, getting to her feet. Her hair was a mess, but the light once more shined in her eyes. "And you don't have to, it was just a spur of the moment thing."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Bruin
Bruin decided to bide his time he already waited over 1000 years what's a little while longer and besides Tom was a special case as he wanted him to suffer more. Bruin had tracked down and killed most of the Vampires that raided his village well the ones that managed to live long enough.

Although Bruin had amassed great wealth through his many years he always had a relatively small and quaint home but he had one in most states that requires a long stay. His windows did not allow any ultraviolet light in so he didn't draw attention n look like a shut-in to those on the outside. He had stayed at the bar late and enjoyed speaking to Fatima to the point he left her a note to stop his home which was not a long ways away from the bar
He sat in his living room reading Sun Tzu The art of war again twirling the same silver coin between his fingers as it was a medieval coin not many would know about unless they were alive in that time period and it burned his skin but he didn't mind the pain as he never held onto it for too long but the pain was a reminder to him.

Now that he found Tom he hired shipping companies to ship items from his storage lockers that meant a great deal to him.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< "Good morning, sunshine," Mai greeting him with a honeyed voice. "There's a cup of coffee with your name on it." Not literally. "Fixed it like you usually do." >>

Tom gave her a light pat on the back, walked over and picked up the cup. He could tell right away from both the color and scent that she had got it just right. He took a pleased sip, and found it was even at just the right temperature.

“Mmmm. Nicely done. We may have to keep you around for a while,” he teased.

He glanced up at the stairs from the upper floor. “Don’t suppose you’ve seen anything of our latest addition? Would you believe he says he’s a phoenix?”

From out in front of the bar Tom could hear Mark and Lucius sawing and hammering away at the thick plywood and 2x4s they had bought to cover the open window. At the moment it was covered in a reflective curtain to prevent the sunshine from entering. He was very glad the guys were so prompt.

<< "Can we just.. stay here?" [Sammy] asked [Azalea], though she already knew the answer,... >>

Azalea smiled. “What a lovely thought! We could do the next best thing: we could come back soon, if Roxy doesn’t mind… what do you say?”

<< she moved, getting to her feet. Her hair was a mess, but the light once more shined in her eyes. "And you don't have to, it was just a spur of the moment thing." >>

Azalea smiled. “Sometimes spur of the moment things are the best kind,” she told Sammy. Then she fished around in her pocket and dug out a comb.

“Now, sit you down again and let me detangle some of that pretty mane of yours.”

So the early morning was passed quietly. But all too soon, Randy’s truck arrived...

<< "Oh wow!" Randy exclaimed. "Someone caught their beauty sleep." >>

Indeed, Taliesan looked drastically different than he had when they first woke him, let alone from after the extra aging he had gone through. He had been unconscious when they took him down to the truck and laid him in the ivy, so he was astonished by the appearance of the truck, and turned to run.

“No, no!” called out Azalea: “These are our friends, come to take us home. I know the vehicle is strange and noisy, but it is a common carriage nonetheless.”

Taliesan stopped and turned around, but approached the truck with wide eyes and extreme trepidation. “By all the gods! Have you hidden miniature horses within the front?”

Azalea laughed. “Nope. Something much better. Engines… you’ll see.”

<< "There's breakfast at the bar. I bet you guys are pretty hungry," Roxy said, mostly for Taliesan's sake; he wouldn't have known that. >>

“Ah”, said Taliesan, distracted from the truck, “what I wouldn’t give for a rib of mutton, some pheasant or a nice, fat goose. Let us depart at once!”

Azalea led him and Sammy back up into the back of the truck, giving Randy and Roxy their space.

shadowdude505
shadowdude505
Zenkai27
Zenkai27
Ashy_OCdesigns
Ashy_OCdesigns BasilOwO BasilOwO Stricken Steel Stricken Steel

'Fern'.jpg

Markus had left his home early that quiet (and peaceful) morning. He was going to head to some sort of bar, That was for people like him and his Grandfather. His grandfather stayed home just as is because he liked it there.
After an hour or two of walking, He found himself standing in front of, 'The Last Castle'.
The sunlight shined off his lenses and his breathing sounded almost...Mechanical. This suit was a distraction to why he truly wore it, To show that he was there, But his body was Invisible. Passing two men sawing wood he approached the door slowly, wondering If his grandfather was right or not."Beautiful place!" Fern remarked as he opened the door and went in, closing the door behind him with his left foot. A tingling sensation tickled his body and It quickly dissipated as quickly as It had disappeared. "Hmm...I do wonder If this place serves up breakfast..." He spoke to himself quietly as he took a seat at the bar counter.

"Should we tell him about the changes in cuisine?" Roxy asked Randy.

"There's a lot of changes we can dump of him, lets wait till we get there..."

~~
Mai chuckled as Tom teased her.

"Haven't seen him...if it's true, maybe you should check on whatever spell you put on this place." She smirked. "First a kitsune, now a phoenix. Your guests are getting more exotic."

The bacon looked like it was done cooking. She dispelled her fox fire and placed the bacon strips on a plate.

"Though speaking of guests, I've been e-mailing my aunt. She'd like to visit sometime and stay in one of the rooms."

~~
Moments later...

"Dudes and dudettes, we bring you Merlin, in the flesh," Randy announced as he entered, doing a Bill impression.

Roxy watched Taliesan, wondering how he'd react to the sight of the food. "Uh...food has changed a bit over the years. It's a lot easier to obtain and cook now. Not sure if Tom can rustle up some mutton, but we have beacon. It's strips of pig meat. There's some breakfast sausages; that's meat too. We also have eggs and fruit. And there are pancakes if you feel like trying one. They're a type of flatcake, made of flour, and they taste really good with peanut butter or maple syrup on top."

"Or both," Randy added.

"Sorry if it's a bit overwhelming..."

Gwalihir Gwalihir BasilOwO BasilOwO Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns Zenkai27 Zenkai27

Joseph

Joseph got up finally could feel himself at full strength as he finally awoke and he slept extra long because of time it took to regenerate ...
He got ready to get on with his day as he left his room and saw Mark and Lucius boarding up the hole that was left from when he was thrown through the wall "I am sorry guys, I told you I would work it off and fix the window but you guys beat me to the punch" he says to the guys.
Joseph thought about how to make himself useful as offering healing capabilities is a little mundane because most of the creatures in the bar didn't really fight alot it seems.

"Hey Mark do you guys have a deck of couple deck of cards and dice I think I can at least drum up extra cash for the bar as we know the house always wins" he says smiling as he saw a place that he could set up a small gambling area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505

She looked at Merlin, before glancing over to Azalea once again. For the first time in a day or two, she got to look at the woman, clearly. She was beautiful, stunning even. Her eyes, entrancing as they were, were not the things she found herself fixated on. The human had proved to be far better than her own parents, or even her best friend, whom she tried her best to forget. Emily was a thorn in her side, doing everything she could to make her feel like an outcast, and in some ways it had worked.

She remembered a time when the two of them were rather close, but that time had passed when Allen had showed up. The jerk had taken her friend from her, and she had been left alone once more. A blessing rather than a curse, though. For she knew Emily would always leave her, though it took a man to make her see her true feelings. She remembered when he had first showed up, how he had swept her away, using his looks to show the world exactly what Sam was; an outcast. Though she didn't mind, it still hurt, and when they arrived at the bar, she found herself pulling Azalea away, her eyes glossing over with unshed tears.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< [Mai] smirked. "First a kitsune, now a phoenix. Your guests are getting more exotic." >>

“That they are,” Tom agreed. “This is starting to go so much further than I could have hoped for. It’s almost scary how well that side of this business is going. The more the merrier, I say. Now, to see if Taliesan is up to snuff on how to raise Arthur. Then we’ll be doing good.”

<< ...speaking of guests, I've been e-mailing my aunt. She'd like to visit sometime and stay in one of the rooms." >>

Tom shrugged. “Of course! She’ll be welcome. Let me know a little in advance and we’ll reserve a suite for her.”

Tom noticed that Mai seemed slightly tense as she asked the question. He walked back around the counter and put a hand on her shoulder. “Hey… you don’t have some problem with this aunt where you’d rather I turned you down, do you? I still can, if you want… “

Outside Randy was pulling the truck up to the front and everyone was getting out.

<< ...when they arrived at the bar, [Sammy] found herself pulling Azalea away, her eyes glossing over with unshed tears. >>

Azalea looked down, a little startled to see the tears hanging in Sammy’s eyes. She placed a reassuring hand on Sammy’s arm and spoke quietly. “Uhm, guys? Can you take care of Taliesan? I think I’m needed elsewhere.”

She led Sammy up the stairs ahead of the group and to her upstairs quarters, then set down with her on the couch. “Hey, there… what’s wrong? Something’s really eating you up, isn’t it? Just tell me, and we’ll work it out…”

<< "Dudes and dudettes, we bring you Merlin, in the flesh," Randy announced as he entered, doing a Bill impression.

Roxy watched Taliesan, wondering how he'd react to the sight of the food. "Uh...food has changed a bit over the years… ...and they taste really good with peanut butter or maple syrup on top."

"Or both," Randy added.

"Sorry if it's a bit overwhelming..." >>

Merlin listened in awe as Randy rattled off the possibilities. “By all the gods… an’ sure enough I’ve ate my share of fruit and sausage and eggs, but the rest… may I sample them all?”

<< [Joseph] "I am sorry guys, I told you I would work it off and fix the window but you guys beat me to the punch" he says to the guys. >>

Mark waved him on. “Not to worry: important job, had to get done. Can’t have our clients turned to ash on the dance floor, can we?”

<< "Hey Mark do you guys have a deck of couple deck of cards and dice I think I can at least drum up extra cash for the bar as we know the house always wins" he says smiling as he saw a place that he could set up a small gambling area. >>

Tom overheard, and came out to see what Joseph was up to. “Thank you, young man. We’re not zoned for professional gambling, but the gang can always enjoy some penny-ante games after work. What I was really hoping was that we could discuss what healing powers you have. We are in the midst of a war, and I fear our side may get hit hard. A crack medic in the field could make all the difference. So: what can you do, and what do you need in order to do it?”

<< "Hmm...I do wonder If this place serves up breakfast..." [Fern] spoke to himself quietly as he took a seat at the bar counter. >>

Fatima was in the kitchen, trying to assist the nymphs with some spilled bags of flour in the pantry. She glanced out as the man in the black suit and helmet sat down, then looked around and waved to Roxy.

“Could you catch that man’s order? I’ll be right out to take care of the rest, okay?”

shadowdude505

shadowdude505
Zenkai27

Zenkai27
Ashy_OCdesigns

Ashy_OCdesigns BasilOwO BasilOwO BasilOwO BasilOwO Stricken Steel Stricken Steel Stricken Steel Stricken Steel

She stared down at her lap, mind racing with many thoughts. How would she explain the things that she was feeling without sounding.. overdramatic? "I showed up her about six months ago, out of the blue. No one knew who I was, and I was in a panic. I remember feeling this.. this pain. An overwhelming sadness that I still feel today." She paused, before continuing. "I had just lost all that I had known, all due to being turned by one of the werewolves in my old town. I had lost my best friend three years prior, and believe it or not, we were once.. once a thing. I think that it's eating me up how a man swept her off her feet, and I can't ever see her again because I'm a monster.. a creature of the night.. I could hide it, but one day, it would come out and I would be alone again. Why did you help me twice? Because you wanted to be nice or because you felt pity?" She asked, looking up.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

"Problem?" Mai asked. Had she looked too serious while trying not to burn the bacon. "Heavens no," she chuckled. "She's the closest thing to a mother that I've had."

She leaned in and started to whisper in Tom's ear. "You see, it takes a hundred years before we can take on a human form. During that time, we live on a fox reservation run by other kitsunes. After those hundred years are up, we get adopted; usually by our birth parents. In my case, it was my Aunt and Uncle."

She straightened back up and started talking normally. "I told her a little about you; I don't think she's read it yet, with the time zone difference, but I get the feeling she's going to like you. Once I know when she plans on coming, you'll be the next to know."

She brushed her fluffy tail against his side. "Now I know you're not the eating type, but...care to join me?" she asked.

~~

"Of course," Roxy replied, smiling. "Help yourself."

<“Could you catch that man’s order? I’ll be right out to take care of the rest, okay?”>

Roxy gave Fatima a nod before walking up to the stranger. He looked human enough, but in a place like this looks could be deceiving. She was curious what kind of preternatural he was, but thought it was rude to ask.

"Good morning," she said cheerily to Markus. "What would you like for breakfast?"

~~
Randy was about to start making a plate for himself, when he noticed the two bouncer werewolves working away; he had a question too burning to ignore.

"Hey...uh...," he said after approaching them. "Do you know what's next? About Roxy and I, I mean. At this point, am I just waiting for a full moon?" He didn't want to sound impatient. Honestly, it must seem pretty weird; a human asking to be a werewolf. He waited this long, he can wait some more; but it would be nice if he could kiss Roxy without worrying about an accidental turning ruining their lives more than an intentional one.

Interacted: Gwalihir Gwalihir Stricken Steel Stricken Steel
Zenkai27 Zenkai27 Ashy_OCdesigns Ashy_OCdesigns

Last edited:
'Fern'.jpg

Markus had unlatched a latch on the helmet connecting it to the suit, and pulled off his helmet. He could not only see himself now, but others could now see his skin as well. He was surprised but more hungry than surprised. Whilst waiting patiently for his food, He began to look around the place. He had to admit, They must've put alot of effort into building this place.
When he was asked for what he'd like he shrugged and said, "Mornin' to you too, Uhh...I would like a stack of pancakes and a glass of milk, Not that cheap almond shittery. No blood whatsoever. Pleases and Thanks to ya'll." He went back to just looking around and admiring the place.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

<< ...I remember feeling this.. this pain. An overwhelming sadness that I still feel today." >>

Azalea held Sammy’s hand and listened quietly. It was obvious that Sammy was hitting some kind of turning point.

<< I think that it's eating me up how a man swept her off her feet, and I can't ever see her again because I'm a monster.. a creature of the night.. >>

Azalea shook her head, moving her hand up to Sammy’s shoulder, still trying to comfort her without saying a word.

<< Why did you help me twice? Because you wanted to be nice or because you felt pity?" She asked, looking up. >>

Azalea looked surprised by the question. “Well… the first time I did it was because you were a person in pain, and I could do something about it. The second time? You had injured yourself in an effort to protect me, and I was grateful. More than that, I really appreciated it, and - well - I must admit, I found myself attracted to you. I don’t think pity ever entered into it at all. And I don’t think I try to be nice: I just hope that I am by nature, if you know what I mean.

“Does that make you feel better? I hope so. I really want you to feel comfortable with me...”

<< Once I know when she plans on coming, you'll be the next to know." >>

Tom nodded. “That will be great. The more the merrier, I say.”

Just then he overheard Joseph asking about decks of cards and dice, and he shook his head.

<< She brushed her fluffy tail against his side. "Now I know you're not the eating type, but...care to join me?" she asked. >>

“I would love to,” he replied, “but first I’ve got to take care of something. I’ll be right back.”

And he headed out to the front room to speak with Joseph.

<< "Hey...uh...," [Randy] said after approaching them. "Do you know what's next? About Roxy and I, I mean. At this point, am I just waiting for a full moon?" >>

Mark and Lucius paused their work and turned to him. “Kid, you got balls of brass,” said Lucius: “I could see that when you risked your life getting to your girl. But right now-- well, stop and think. We needed seven races to complete that circle, and you were the only human. Without you, we couldn’t have pulled off the summoning. And when you distracted that Morgan lady: well, like I said, balls of brass.

“But everything you did, you were able to do as a human. Right now, I’d guess Lucas is thinkin’ you’re pretty valuable to have around, just as you are. I’d say for the moment you’re not the new kid: you’re the mascot. You’re special cause you’re different. See what I’m sayin’?”

Taliesan/Merlin sat at the table, reveling in the new flavors and textures of food he was enjoying. Seeing Mai looking around for a place to sit, he waved to her.

“Please, Miss. Join me? So many questions I have, an’ but need anyone who can answer. Have you a moment?”

"Ya...you're right," Randy replied.

"Keep up the good work," he patted Mark on the shoulder, before walking off.

Seeing that Roxy was busy, he started making a plate for her before making one for himself. He sat down at the table, leaving a space for her next to him.
~~

No blood. Must not be a vampire then.

She wrote down Markus' order and delivered it to the kitchen. She decided to wait for his food to be ready before joining the others back at the table. Her stomach growled as she waited.

"Here you go, enjoy," Roxy said, serving Markus' order with a smile. "If you need anything else, just wave or call me. Name's Roxy."

She headed back in Randy's direction. He pointed to her food. She sat down next to him and started to eat.

Stricken Steel Stricken Steel
~~

"See ya in a bit, then," Mai quickly gave him a goodbye kiss on the cheek.

She started walking toward the table and noticed Taliesan flagging her down. She sat down beside him.

"What kind of questions?" she asked.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

'Fern'.jpg

Fern smelt the pancakes before they were sat in front of him. The reason he doesn't drink blood is due to him only being half-vampire, and drinking blood could cause an addiction to it, Yes, He had fangs but never used them. Regular food always worked for him and will most likely continue to.
"Thank you..." Once she had given he name he gave a bright smile and turned to his plate. He grabbed the bottle of syrup from beside the ketchup and mustard bottles and drizzled a bit on the top and sides.
He picked up his utensils and began to dig in, he was pretty happy today and that was a fact.

She nodded, thinking for a moment. "Why me though? Why feel attracted to the person that showed up out of the blue, revealing that they were a newly turned werewolf? I would've been terrified if not for the fact you were kind to me. I don't mean that in a bad way of course, I just never thought that someone could feel the want to protect me, even when I myself have been.. distant? Is that the right word? Distant to the people I care about and or like and I can't stop myself from feeling that way because it's what I've felt for years.." She explained, scanning her hands. "But maybe I shouldn't be scared of you.. maybe I should think about others instead of myself."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< "What kind of questions?" [Mai asked Taliesan] >>

Taliesan opened his mouth and paused for a moment before gargling helplessly. Then he shook his head and regained his voice.

“So many questions, they fight one another to be first to come from my lips,” he said. “What kind of a world have I come into? Do ye know aught of the world from which I come? I am well used to forests an’ meadows and fields of green, homes of wood and mud, an’ the occasional castle of stone. I am used to horses ridden most anywheres, not to carriages such as the one which brought us here.

“We came from the woods, yet in a moment’s time we had reached a well-paved road. We moved faster than a horse at full gallop, yet we traveled for miles to get here. After the woods I have seen but patches of trees an’ grasses cropped close, yet I have seen neither cow nor goat, sheep nor any other animal what would do the cropping. An for all the road, nary a horse-apple for lo those many miles. No fields of crops: only minute castles of stone or fine-cut wood, or nary I know what.

“An’ such people, an such clothing! I see a man of ebony, an’ yourself with the tail of a great vixen! Have I come to a world of stone, inhabited by naught but magic and kings? Such fine fabrics and colors ye all wear, nary a stain or a tear on any that I see. An’ such strange fastenings!”

He shook his head again. “An’ such a vehicle! T’would be the conveyance of kings in my world, polished to a prime, yet i’ this world ye think so little of it ye let it be covered with soil! An’ it be but one of many such vehicles, for more than I could count I did see on the paved road. Ha’ ye slaughtered all the horses for their meat?

“I know not what questions shall lead me to understand this world: I do ask ye help me, please…”

<< "Why me though? Why feel attracted to the person that showed up out of the blue, revealing that they were a newly turned werewolf? >>

Azalea laughed. “Girl, that’s my thing! I have devoted myself to helping new wolves coming into their packs and adapting to their new lives. It’s just my life’s work, is all. Of course I am comfortable with new wolves. How could I not be?

“But the attraction: that’s something more. That’s personal. I felt your spirit: your willingness to fight for what you cared about, and in particular that you stood up for me. I am deeply flattered: how could I not be?

<< I just never thought that someone could feel the want to protect me, even when I myself have been.. distant? Is that the right word? >>

Azalea considered. “Hmm. Well, you may have been distant emotionally, but there are actions of yours (like protecting me from Morgana) that sing volumes and are very close and intimate, indeed.”

<< "But maybe I shouldn't be scared of you.. maybe I should think about others instead of myself." >>

“Maybe you shouldn’t, indeed. I don’t think I’m a terribly scary person. Do you? I hope not. What could I do to take your fears away?”

She shrugged at the last sentence, thinking to herself. What could the other do to make her fears go away? Prove she wouldn't leave like Emily did? Maybe that's what she was scared of, not so much the human herself, but going through the same things she did two years prior. "You remember who I talked about, Emily? I'm scared you'll just.. walk away. Saving you from Morgan was the right thing to do, leaping into an spell was the right thing to do, and yeah, I almost died, and the limp that I tried so hard to hide showed.. but I cannot get it out of my mind that people will just walk away from me.. that they'll forget I even exist and walk away like absolutely nothing happened. You saw me limp, but I've always had that limp, just being burnt alive made it clearer. I had ignored the pain in my leg, Azalea, had pretended it didn't exist for as long as I could, until I felt that pain once more. I don't remember when I got it, I don't remember what happened to partially cripple me. Yes, I can use it, but it also feels like a thousand needles stabbing into my leg all at once.." She trailed off. "But that's besides the point. I can't see a world where someone will generally care for me, where they won't leave at the sight of some handsome person, who can manipulate their feelings to make them see their true colors." She sighed, "But it's whatever, yeah? I can learn to live with that pain, and I can learn to embrace it."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Joseph greeted Tom he was so into the possibility of gambling he was unaware that he never even bothered to ask the owner if it was ok.

"Hey I apologize for not asking you if it was ok to gamble in your establishment... I just want to repay my debt I mean I can heal wounds instantaneous this bar is suppressing what I can do must be some strong magic" he says thinking of how he can show him.

There was a wounded bird that had flew through the boarded window and damaged his leg..
Joseph ran to grab the bird...
"This shouldn't take much power..." He says managing to create one white flame on his index finger and touched it to the wounded bird and in seconds it was as good as new.

"Damn took alot just to manage that" he says letting the bird fly.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

"This world is a much more advanced one than the one you left. Welcome to the twenty-first century," Mai replied. "Farms and rural areas still exist, what you witnessed was city life. You're not going to find any castles here, but in the Europe countryside, some still stand as tourist locations. Technology has advanced a lot. We pack our buildings close together. Have washing machines for our clothes. We ditched the horse drawn carriage for cars and trucks; horses are still very much alive, but it's more of a hobby to ride them to travel long distances. We have flying machines that makes travel time a lot quicker. Boats still exist, if you want to travel that way though."

"As technology got better, people's faith in magic waned. Now most don't believe it exists. Outside these walls, I have to hide my kitsune form. Every being of magic or creature of the night has to hide. If we're discovered, the humans would fear us and try to kill us."
She glanced over at Randy. "Most humans anyway...there are some exceptions. If we can revive Arthur, maybe we won't have to hide. None of us choose to be monsters. Some of us don't think of ourselves that way at all. All we really want to do is survive."

Gwalihir Gwalihir
~~
"The world has changed a lot, but humans remain the same. We fear what's different; what we don't understand," Randy added. "Some try to expand their horizons; others run from it. If I've learned anything over the course of my life so far, is that love is one of the few things that bring people together."

Randy and Roxy looked at each other; they held hands.

"People do crazy things for love. There are a lot of songs about it; none of them are about taking on a witch in a battle of wits though, guess we'll have to change that sometime," Roxy said, smiling.

She expected to be called on again soon and had ate as fast as she reasonably could. She passed off her plate to Randy, so it could be returned with his dishware. She got up from the table and went in the direction that she had seen Azalea and Sammy go off in.

"Hey...sorry if I'm interrupting...," she said apologetically as she came it at the tail end of their conversation. "You two have any breakfast orders? I could get you guys a plate." She hadn't seen them get anything to eat yet.

BasilOwO BasilOwO

Last edited:
<< [Sammy:] "You remember who I talked about, Emily? I'm scared you'll just.. walk away… ...I cannot get it out of my mind that people will just walk away from me.. that they'll forget I even exist and walk away like absolutely nothing happened… >>

Azalea nodded. “Of course. There’s always that fear when we search for love. We want to know we are the other person’s heart’s desire, and we want to know right now. But love, real love, is a process of discovery: of finding out about all our hundred likenesses and differences and seeing if, like jigsaw pieces, we can make them all fit. That’s why true love at first sight is so rare.

“We have only just met. I can tell you that I am not the kind of person to abandon anyone I care about or who cares about me, but there is nothing I can do or say right now to guarantee that we would never drift apart. I don’t ‘walk away’ from people, but sometimes what you think will be a fit turns out not to be.”

<< [Sammy] ...You saw me limp, but I've always had that limp, just being burnt alive made it clearer. I had ignored the pain in my leg, Azalea, had pretended it didn't exist for as long as I could, until I felt that pain once more. I don't remember when I got it, I don't remember what happened to partially cripple me….” >>

Azalea considered, then stood up and walked over to her dresser, where she began rummaging through a small box filled with tiny vials. “If the pain was strictly from a physical source, the ivy last night would have completely healed you. If you are still feeling it, then some portion of it is from your heart or your mind, and you would have to remember for us to confront it and resolve it. There are many paths to memory: we can search until we find the right one.”

She turned back to Sammy, holding a couple of vials in her hand. “Scent is one of the most powerful memory boosters we have. We could blindfold you, expose you to certain scents and see if they triggered anything for you. If they did, you might remember and we could lead you to healing.”

<< “I can't see a world where someone will generally care for me, where they won't leave at the sight of some handsome person, who can manipulate their feelings to make them see their true colors." She sighed, "But it's whatever, yeah? I can learn to live with that pain, and I can learn to embrace it." >>

Azalea shook her head, setting the vials down and returning to the couch. “No one should have to live with such a pain. Sadly, many, many people do. All that I can say is that yesterday’s experience need not be the same as tomorrow’s. Things change. People change. _We_ change. But more importantly, we meet new people. And as we mature, the people around us mature and we are surrounded by older, hopefully wiser and more compassionate people. People who understand, and aren’t so callous about relationships.

“I have been around a long, long time, Sammy. A pretty face doesn’t turn my head. An act of courage and compassion, like yours, does. And those are few and far between.”

<< [Roxy] got up from the table and went in the direction that she had seen Azalea and Sammy go off in.

"Hey...sorry if I'm interrupting...," she said apologetically as she came it at the tail end of their conversation. "You two have any breakfast orders? I could get you guys a plate." She hadn't seen them get anything to eat yet. >>

Azalea stood up again when Roxy came in. Azalea smiled and thanked her. “What do you think, Sammy? Shall we go down and join the human race for just a bit, maybe come back later for a bit more girl talk?”

BasilOwO BasilOwO

<< [Joseph:] "Hey I apologize for not asking you if it was ok to gamble in your establishment... I just want to repay my debt…” >>

Tom smiled. “No harm in asking. It would be fun, but getting zoned as a casino would cost megabucks and draw a lot of attention we can’t afford.”

<< There was a wounded bird that had flew through the boarded window and damaged his leg..
Joseph ran to grab the bird...
"This shouldn't take much power..." >>

Tom stepped forward about to tell Joseph that a demonstration was not necessary, but stopped in surprise as he felt the Shroud lifted just a bit, just momentarily, and saw the bird healed.

<< "Damn took alot just to manage that" he says letting the bird fly. >>

“Impressive!,” said Tom: “I can see you’ve got quite the power, being able to work under the Shroud.

“So, you’ll need an amulet to cancel out the Shroud and be able to do real healing. I generally make them based on the user’s preference to some degree. Would you like a Cadeucus, the staff of healing, or a firebird, representative of your Phoenix nature?”

Zenkai27 Zenkai27

Outside the bar, a sleek stretch limousine pulled up to the curb. The limo glided to a smooth stop, then the front passenger door opened. A sharply dressed blonde lady apparently in her 30’s stepped out and opened the side door. Two men in suits, also apparently in their 30’s, stepped out and studied the area around them. It looked very much like they were bodyguards.

At that point Mark and Lucius were putting finishing touches on the boarded up window. They stopped though on seeing the two apparently armed men coming out of the limo. Mark and Lucius laid their tools down, wiped their hands on their shirts and approached.

“Good morning, gentlemen,” Mark said. “If you have business within the Last Castle, we can check your weapons just inside the door.”

At this point three other older men in suits and carrying beautifully engraved walking canes were exiting the limo. One of them, a tall, white-bearded and white-haired gentleman, waved a hand in Mark’s direction. “You don’t need to check their weapons,” he stated.

Mark smiled. “Sorry, Obi-Wan. That doesn’t work within 50 yards of the Castle. No doubt your men are well trained in close quarters combat. They won’t need long-range weapons such as guns inside.”

The white-haired man appeared slightly startled. He turned to the woman. “Brenda, if you please?”

Brenda stepped forward, raising her arms from her sides. “I am unarmed. You can search me if you like. I wish to speak to the owner. If he or she is not available, a manager will do.”

Mark sniffed the air. “You have no guns on you, and I would hear if you were not telling the truth, so no need to search you. Please follow me.”

Mark led the way upstairs and checked for Tom. He found him in the bar, talking with Joseph.

“Boss? There are some men outside who want to see you. This lady wanted to talk to you first.”

Brenda stepped forward. “Sir? My bosses, the gentlemen outside, represent the Wizard’s Council. They request that you afford them safe passage to speak with Merlin, that passage to include allowance of their bodyguards equipped with the proper tools of their trade, namely, their firearms, and to remove the suppressive magics surrounding this place that the wizards may have use of their normal faculties. Failure to grant such a request would be considered an insult to the Wizard’s Council. We hope you will comply.”

tag all

Joseph smiled .."no I can feel it being suppressed even greater..this magical shroud you have is reactive I see the more you try to use supernatural or magic ability the stronger it gets.. I don't think I'll be able to do that anymore unless you have somewhere that the shroud is lifted in here" he says.

Joseph face sunk when Tom mentioned not being able to gamble but he didn't mind...
"Well thats ok but there's something I also wanted to mention to you...umm being a Phoenix when I die before I am reborn I traverse the underworld not as a trapped soul just as a temporary dwelling while my physical body is born in a spontaneous burst of flames...but I can sense negative energy and when I first came here there was a dark vengeful spirit I can't point it out but I know I came across it before.. anyway be careful" he says to Tom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruin made his way back to the bar he had items that blocked Ultraviolet light but still moved cautiously ...
Upon entering the bar he noticed the werewolves and saw the large dark guy that was being attacked by those vampire's... they said his blood was special so he must have been a unique supernatural but Bruin saw Tom although inside of him he wanted to kill him right then and there he knew he couldn't especially not under the shroud...he saw the two talking and waited for them to stop and Bruin brushed past Tom...
"Hello .. do you know who the owner of this establishment is I met someone here last time I was around and I never got her name..I am Brent Andre" he says introducing himself.
Gwalihir Gwalihir

"Ah well, that Ivy cannot fix what I've always had. I was born with it and I'd rather not lose it. It's a constant reminder of the family I left behind because I had no choice in the matter." She murmured, rubbing the leg in question, a small, sad smile gracing her lips. Be as it may, it did serve as a reminder of the family she had known, and would forever remind her of her past, because, to her, family was the most important thing in life. Family, and one's will to live. Without those two things, why live at all? Why be reminded of the mistakes that you have made when you can just remember the good parts of your life and cherish them with more ferocity than you may have before. "And sure.. I suppose we can go back downstairs.. but I kind of liked it here, if you don't mind me saying that."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Roxy smiled at Azalea and Sammy before walking back to the others in the main area of the bar; just in time to notice the suits.

She walked over to Randy's side. "What's going on?" she asked, almost whispering.

"Beats me...looks like some big shots...but what do they want?" Randy replied.

Roxy noticed Mai's tail swing side to side like she was thinking. As someone who had always been a part of the preternatural world, maybe she'd have a better idea of what was going on.

"Mai?"

"They're big shots alright. Never done business with them before, but if I had to guess, I'd wager they're here to see you-know-who," the kitsune cast a glance at Merlin. "But how did they find out so soon? Did someone leak the info? Or are we dealing with some top tier magicians?"

"Well...for someone who's been 'dead' a thousand years, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a fan club; As a kid, I was a bit of a fan myself."

Gwalihir Gwalihir BasilOwO BasilOwO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back