• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
<< You are being too humble. A Vampire of Drake's caliber would still overpower you: his senses, reaction time , regeneration, transformation" she says, pacing. >>

“I just knew what to do, and I did it,” Tom replied: “I skewered him on his own pike: then I took his head. He couldn’t recover from any of that: I didn’t give him time. I’m sorry to burst your bubble, but no: I am not the ruthless Superman you have imagined.”

<< I appreciate you hearing me out but this is not solely about revenge this is about oppression and how they keep power out of the hands of women not just Priestess… >>

Tom listened with full attention and concern. “I have hopes that Merlin will see if this group of Archons are like you describe, and if so then we will talk further. I understand your pain, but I learned a long time ago that striking out when you don’t truly know the situation is almost always a recipe for regret.”

<< ... As for the coming darkness I don't know much other than it being vampiric, possibly older than me. But at times good does not always conquer dark; sometimes you need to look into the darkness that resides in your very soul, and that goes for both of you. >>

This did concern Tom. “Please, if you would, keep us informed. I do understand that one cannot always be merciful with evil. Too much mercy, and you simply grant that they live to harm another day. To that degree, I understand and even agree with you. But I simply do not feel that I must paint myself as black as they have, and with their brush.”

<< ...I must warn I am no saint if my methods by chance make us enemies one day then I pray it never comes to that… >>

“I hope so, too,” replied Tom: “Few things make evil more strong than two who should be on the same side fighting each other.”

<< ...in the meantime I hope we can return to your establishment the last castle I do enjoy being there" she says smiling… >>

“Please consider yourself welcome, as long as you respect that this is not the place for you to bring a vendetta. It was created as an oasis of peace, and as ludicrous as it sounds, I will fight to keep it that way.”

<< “Welcome to 2021,” Mai said with a smug grin. “A powerful woman doesn’t have to be front and center to run the show. The oldest trick in the book is making men think they are.” >>

Tom chuckled. “Is that what you’re doing with me? Playing to make me feel in charge?” he teased.

<< “It was nice chatting with you,” Mai said, sounding polite. It seemed like they were done talking.

“After you, tiger,” she said to Tom. >>

Tom bowed to Moira as they left. “We shall expect to see you again soon,” he said, then stepped to the exit.

And suddenly they were back on the street in front of the Last Castle...

Sam glanced up at Roxy, lips pursing. She had noticed the other bartender the moment she had looked at her. Though she said nothing, it was clear that her gaze wouldn't be leaving the others face anytime soon. Her mind was still racing, head pulsing and to make things worse, her leg had decided to act up despite the brace that she had slipped on moments before she began bartending for the night. The extra effort could be the reason she had sat down, and thought about finding Azalea and asking her why the witch had been so sparse, but she had decided against it. She could barely make it to the secluded area without her leg trying to kill her, so why try to find some human she wished would stop and notice her. "Stupid, stupid Saturday's." She growled, taking off the brace. She would have to go hide away somewhere, despite Tom's wishes.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Mai

"Hmmm?" Mai cooed playfully. "It gave me the amulet, didn't it?" She didn't expect to fall for Tom's charm; it was a first for her.

Mai softly sighed. She wanted to assure him that her affection was real, but she felt that it would seem more manipulative if she said something. As they returned to The Last Castle, Mai leaned against Tom; pressing her head on his arm. She flashed him a foxy smile.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

~~~
Roxy

Roxy wasn't sure what was bothering Sammy. Was it just frustration about her leg on a busy work day or something more? "Do you want to talk about it?"

She wanted to help her co-worker if she could. Though they didn't know each other very well; she wouldn't be too surprised if Sammy refused the offer.

BasilOwO BasilOwO

Carmilla Karnstein
70745727_391006881588860_1647856103110891942_n.jpg

Carmilla smiled a pleasant but triumphant smile at Tom's nod and departure to take care of something.
Merlin's offer regained her attention and she honestly felt a bit of relief at how everything played out. She wasn't disintegrated and everyone seemed to have stayed, the very least, on civil terms.

"Oh Merlin, don't be silly. You're blood is much to old and too steeped in that pesky steroid (testosterone). It likely tastes like liquid rebar, hardly a libation. Besides that, we drink from the arteries not the veins." she said pinching her throat between her fingers. Her eyes, cast to the bar and then back to him. "Your pocketbook however..." she said, leaning in to bring a certain part of her anatomy into better view. "...may not be so fortunate."

Her look was playful yet ominous, though she eventually relented.
"I jest, of course." she said cheerfully, reaching into her purse and placing a rouge Hermes wallet, itself likely nearing the cost of the bottle, on the table between them.
"Next round is on me."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Moira

Moira made her way to get ready to go back to the last castle although she was not happy about Tom's decision she had to accept it for the time being and she did not want to use her power over life to regress Tom back to his time with drake.

she had more pressing matters as Tom would look into the Archon's and even if they had changed she was unsure if she could forgive them but right now she had her eyes on the woman with Merlin although the shroud dampened her powers her instincts was telling her something different...she had her wolves watching the last castle and the moment she left Moira would know and confront the mystery woman...

Gwalihir Gwalihir . Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

Azalea resumed the stage again and picked up her guitar to the sound of scattered applause, mostly from the regulars who were getting to know her.

“Thank you all very much,” she said, settling on her stool: “here’s an oldie but a goodie I hope you’ll all enjoy…”

The chords that came from her guitar this time were deep, sad and lonely, catching attention and hushing the room. Then she started singing.

“Well, I’ll be damned,
Here comes your ghost again,
But that’s not unusual,
It’s just that the moon is full
And you happened to call.

“And here I sit,
Hand on the telephone,
Hearing a voice I’d known
A couple of lightyears ago
Heading straight for a fall…”

As usual Azalea sang with an intensity and sorrow that held the audience captivated till the final lines:

“It's all come back too clearly
Yes, I loved you dearly
And if you’re offering me diamonds and rust,
Well, I’ve already paid.”

As the song ended the audience clapped loudly. Then Azalea went on to some more upbeat songs fit for dancing to…

<< As they returned to The Last Castle, Mai leaned against Tom; pressing her head on his arm. She flashed him a foxy smile. >>

Tom held her hand and smiled down at her as they crossed the street. Then he looked about. “Pretty night, isn’t it?”

It really was. The sky was clear and cool, with just a hint of breeze, and the quarter moon and stars were out. But soon Tom sighed and shook his head. “If only all of life were so easy, so beautiful and gentle. But no: in every generation it seems we must have our wars. I suppose the best we can do is to choose the ones worth fighting.”

Too soon, the walk was over and they were back at the door of the bar. “After you, my lady,” proclaimed Tom with a wave of his hand at the stairs. At the top he took her hand again and squeezed it gently. “There is something more I must do tonight. Forgive me if I leave you alone for a bit, but this will be a much more formal event, and I am afraid there is no ‘plus one’ on the invite. We will talk when I return.”

Merlin appeared to be quite delighted. “I am now in a century in which ladies on occasion pick up the tab? What wondrous fortune is this?

“And what is your taste for now, milady? An ale, a fine wine, some other liquor, perhaps?”

His mood seemed quite restored to what it had been before Tom had reached their table.

BasilOwO BasilOwO , shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide , Zenkai27 Zenkai27

Mai

"Mmmm Hmmm," Mai agreed, it was a pretty night. A playful smirk appeared on her face as she gazed at the moon. She could be prettier. An old fashioned Japanese umbrella, a kimono, some cherry blossoms, and her fox tail would do the trick...if only there weren't normal humans out and about.

"We really should take a night off sometime; enjoy ourselves," she told Tom.

She gave him a good luck kiss before stepping into the Last Castle. "Be careful, tiger. It can be a real jungle out there," she said softly before taking her leave. She walked into her room and started to change into something more casual than her blues singer get up. Then it was back out to the bar, grab a drink, and chat up some of her nymph co-workers.

Gwalihir Gwalihir
~~~
Lynn

Lynn found the stairs leading up to the bedrooms, curious about what up there, she climbed them. "Is this a hotel too?" she wondered. She heard a woman's giggle and managed to catch the sight of a nymph and a pale man (vampire maybe) slipping into one of the rooms; the door shut quickly behind them. Maybe this was more than a hotel; more than regular bar too. "Intresting..." She'd never seen a place like this. Was this the first of it's kind, or did her mother end up finding something like this when she was searching for a human identity?

Lynn returned to the main part of the bar. She glanced over where she had been sitting earlier, the seats were full (as expected), but the bartender she'd been talking to wasn't there. Maybe Sammy had been called away?

Azalea was on stage now, playing some dancing tunes. It looked like a crowd was beginning to go at it in front of the stage. Why not join them?

Her party girl side now being drawn out, she had a beaming smile on her face as she danced.

Last edited:
Carmilla Karnstein

Carmilla was a bit of a lightweight as she almost never drank alcohol. She had no reason to. That and her painfully human condition had her quickly feeling the affects of the drink. Luckily, she'd fed in a mall restroom before she had arrived. Otherwise, she would have likely been in trouble.
"A wine." she responded slightly more bubbly than she might have intended.
Quickly collecting her poise she flagged the waitress down again.
"Two glasses of the Chateau Ausone....and a glass of water...please" she asked.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

(Gonna try to get us moving again. Zenkai27 Zenkai27 and BasilOwO BasilOwO , please catch up when you can.)

Tom

<< "We really should take a night off sometime; enjoy ourselves," [Mai] told Tom. >>

Tom beamed at that. “Absolutely! A Monday or a Tuesday, they should hardly miss us. What would be your pleasure? I know we’ll have to get you fed at some point during the evening. I am sure we can find some place with a tasteful ambiance and a good selection of wines. Then somewhere else: perhaps dancing, perhaps just walking: up to you. Let’s discuss it when I get back tonight.”

<< "Be careful, tiger. It can be a real jungle out there," >>

He watched for a bit as she headed up the steps, then turned firmly towards the table where no doubt Carmilla and Merlin were still drinking. This time he would make it there in less than half an hour…

Azalea

Tonight was a night for borrowing from the great rocker girls: Janis Joplin, Pat Benetar, Belinda Carlisle, Melissa Etheridge, Jewel and others. She had them out of their seats and on the floor, dancing and clapping and moving.

From time to time she glanced over at the crowded bar, but for some reason never seemed to catch sight of Sammy. Well, Sammy was short and probably buried under drink requests right now. They would catch up soon, she was sure. As for the other face she had seen: in the end, what did it matter? All that was lifetimes ago, the stone cold ashes of fires long gone. Really, there was nothing left to say. So why such an intense need to say something, anything? Storms of passion, icy words of contempt, pleadings of reconciliation: any of it would be beneath her, and there wasn’t a thing she could think of to say that she wouldn’t regret. Time to leave sleeping dogs to lie.

The crowd was electric tonight. She surrendered to the music, letting it flow like the healing magic she often gave off. Maybe she gave the crowd a little more than music tonight: maybe a little touch of magic...

Merlin

<< "A wine." she responded slightly more bubbly than she might have intended.
Quickly collecting her poise she flagged the waitress down again.
"Two glasses of the Chateau Ausone....and a glass of water...please" she asked. >>

Merlin smiled across the table. “Knowing your tastes, I am sure this will be exquisite. I do look forward to it.”

Soon the waitress arrived with the bottle and two fancy wine glasses. She poured the appropriate amount into each glass, and with a smile added just a touch more. Merlin beamed at her and nodded. “Thank you kindly. We shall remember that.”

Once she had gone Merlin turned his attention to the wine, swirling it gently in the glass and inhaling the bouquet. “Incomparable,” he murmured, turning back to Carmilla. “Just how much of an expert are you on the finest quality of liquors? I suppose you have had plenty of time for investigation. What other pursuits do you fancy?”

@pumpkin_spice_cyanide

Randy

Randy found an unoccupied stool and sat down. He glanced at his watch as he sipped on his beer. He was enjoying his time at The Last Castle, but he was also looking forward for closing time. He was excited to be turned into a werewolf, which was out of the ordinary based on previous conversations with the other werewolves; maybe he didn't fully understand all of the challenges, but what he did know is that it would be easier to be with Roxy.

While he waited for the hours to tick by, Randy tapped his foot to the music.

He noticed Tom walking back in. The vampire was making his way back to Merlin and some lady; it kind of looked like he was going to be on his way out again soon.

Maybe he shouldn't have waited for one of the busiest nights to try to propose being a worker here.

"Tomorrow at breakfast...definitely tomorrow..." he sighed to himself.

Adam Holy walk into the bar drained from a war with a stubble because he used to much healing power on himself and others. He had slight bruises on him and rips on his clothes. He had tuck his wings away and falls onto a stool.
He sighs as he talks in a shushed voice”I’m glad god gave me this vacation. That was a brutal war.” He orders a drink and glances around at everyone. He thanks the person and sips his drink.
He is 5”4 and has sliver hair. He looks like a lean built Korean. ( I didn’t know what to put and open for interaction)

Carmilla Karnstein

She took a swig of the water as the waitress poured them their glasses, finishing in time to give her a thankful smile for her generosity.
She took her own glass in hand and started aerating her wine as well.
"This one really opens up, it's one of my favorites." She added, taking in the slight change in smell as the wine reacted with the air.
Carmilla brought the glass to her lips and took a slow sip of the wine.
It was every bit as good as she had remembered, the deep red pigment of the wine reminding her of other things.
She intended on savoring it, taking her time.
"I'd say it's a product of my age but in all actuality it's entirely a result of my company." Karnstein responded casually, leaning back into her seat.
"In my adolescence, alcohol wasn't something I partook in. After that I fell into... tumultuous times. It actually wasn't until, relatively, recently that I was able to develop a taste for the finer things. Of course even decadence can lose its luster in the niceties of immortality."
She took another sip.
"And it doesn't hurt that my entire existence is backed and funded by one or two men of distinction. No better mentors walk this earth."

Carmilla hadn't meant to bring them up, not really. Hoping to avoid the subject, she immediately continued on to directly answer his question.

"I absolutely ADORE collecting curios and exotic vestiges. I've garnered quite the collection in this last half a century."
Carmilla reached into her purse to retrieve something.
Onto the table she placed a dark, somewhat polished object. It was rounded but also ridged, roughly the size of a man's palm.
"It's a wyvern scale." She said, sliding it towards him. "I like to keep it with me, like a good luck charm."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

(Ben, Tom and Adam)

The rush was on, and Ben was down a couple of hands. There was no telling what had spooked Sammy like that, but he sure hoped it wasn’t crowds or anything else likely to show up on a Saturday night. He scooted three beers down the counter and wiped the spot in front of some young blonde guy with a bit of stubble who had just sat down.

“So what’ll you have, kiddo? A beer, wine, liquor, mixed drink?”

As he waited for the young man’s order, he just naturally took a sniff. There was something very different about this one: very clean, very refreshing, very positive. Was this someone here related to Merlin’s wakening, or his goals among them? One way or another, a good character to get to know. Ben gave out a low whistle and waved to Tom, chatting to the young man as he waited for Tom to make his way over.

“So, your first time at Last Castle? Hope you’re enjoying yourself. Here’s someone you might like to meet: this is the owner, Tom Nelson. Hey, Tom: new guest here, thought you might want to say ‘hi’ to.”

Tom was slightly vexed at Ben calling him back from his attempt to get to Carmilla, but when he took a whiff, he understood clearly. He nodded to Adam.

“Hello there. Welcome to Last Castle! How’s your evening going?”

It was the usual platitudes, but it gave Tom a chuckle as he considered how _his_ evening had been going.

“In my case, it’s been a rather wild Saturday night. But something tells me you may know a thing or two about that? May I ask your name? And did you have any particular business here tonight, or just passing through for a brewski?”

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

Azalea

She was really in the groove now. She couldn’t have held the magic back if she wanted to, and she really didn’t want to. Her next selection: Melissa Etheridge, a song dedicated to the crowd, called “It’s For You.” At this point she was starting to lift the veil, but she didn’t know or care.

Hey you watching as this light bleeds all over me
Shadows rise and fall listen as I call is this reality
I will be with you tonight
and tomorrow be 1, 000 miles away
I will be with you tonight
I will be with you as long as you say stay
One little piece of my soul
One little piece of my whole life
I give to you
Take it now

Small tokens were glowing throughout the bar as essence infused them. Magical types (most of the crowd) were energized, feeling more alive. So far nothing major had happened as a result, but the night was young…

(tag all)

Merlin

<< "I'd say it's a product of my age but in all actuality it's entirely a result of my company." Karnstein responded casually, leaning back into her seat.
"In my adolescence, alcohol wasn't something I partook in... >>

Merlin listened with interest as he, too, sipped and savored the wine. He perked up at the mention of her mentors, but her distraction was effective.

<< Onto the table she placed a dark, somewhat polished object. It was rounded but also ridged, roughly the size of a man's palm.
"It's a wyvern scale." She said, sliding it towards him. "I like to keep it with me, like a good luck charm." >>

Merlin focused intently on the scale, leaning forward and picking it up. “Quite the good luck charm! These are rather rare, and quite filled with essence. A fire mage in particular can make excellent use of these…”

His discourse trailed off as he noticed the scale was gleaming as if with an internal light of its own. He glanced around, observing all the signs of magic appearing around them, finally realizing its source. “Extraordinary! The young lady on stage has quite a talent!”

He passed the scale back to Carmilla. “I’d be careful about putting that back in your purse right now. It could cause a spontaneous combustion if this magic level continues…”

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

“Hello my name is Adam Holy. I’m here for vacation. You can call like that I guess. Yes it’s my first time here I..” He pauses to take a sip of his wine “ I landed here from a war”
Leaning back into his stool “Do you happen to know any places to stay for awhile. I need to recharge from using to much healing and flying.” He notices that there not human and starts to studying them to see what type of creature they are.
Gwalihir Gwalihir

Roxy & Randy

It didn't look like Sammy wanted to talk about what was bothering her. Roxy didn't want to force it out of her; she also had work to do on this busy night.

Roxy went back to work, making a mental note to talk to talk to Azalea about it. They seemed like they were closer friends.

Roxy suddenly stopped in her tracks as she noticed all the magic stuff going on. On instinct, she rushed over (as best as she could considering the crowd) to Randy's side. "What's going on? Is Morgan back already?"

Randy shook his head and pointed to the stage. "I think it's Azalea."

~~~
Mai

Mai was having a pleasant conversation with her nymph co-workers. At one point, some guy had walked up to them and asked if one of the ladies wanted to gave a good time. Before she could say that she was "off the market," one of the nymphs volunteered and walked off with him.

"Where were we?" Mai asked the remaining nymphs after taking a sip of her drink. She was about to remember when she noticed Azalea's magic. As entertaining as it all was, Mai noticed the strain it was having the Shroud. It wouldn't be very entertaining if the whole human world ended up noticing them.

It looked like she'd have to be the party pooper for once.

Mai stood up and walked closer to the stage. She directed her voice toward the stage, putting some seduction magic into it. Maybe it wasn't the best course of action, but it was what she could quickly come up with. She was taking a gamble. It was possible that everyone would be having too much fun to be swayed, or maybe the power boost she was getting from the magic would actually help her counteract it.

"Time to put the music on pause. Back to your drinks." Her seductive tone would ring in people's heads. If everything worked right, it would be as if they had thought her orders for themselves. If everything did work right, she wasn't sure how well Azalea would take it. She liked her; thought of her as a friend. She'd just have to apologize and explain the situation afterwards.

Gwalihir Gwalihir
~~~
Lynn

Lynn had never felt so alive. She felt like she could do a flip, take on her mermaid form in mid air, and then quickly change back to land on her feet. She was too lost in the music and her dancing to notice all the glowing around her.

Suddenly Mai's voice cut through her mind. A part of her knew that she was someone else's girl, but the seduction magic still managed to work on her. A drink sounded good after all the dancing.

A water. She could use a water.

Carmilla Karnstein

Carmilla beamed with his same enthusiasm as he examined the scale. "It's rarity was the majority of its value. Not very inclined to sorcery, my crowd." she responded to his comments.
She was a bit startled as the scale started to gain an aura of its own and shrunk away from it a bit.
She wasn't a fan off flames.
Carmilla looked around as Merlin looked, a vestigial instinct of her humanity. Something The Last Castle was known for reacquainting her with.
As she did, she noticed some of the same things he did. Lights glowing here and there around the bar and a blanket of rhapsody covering her.
Karnstein was about to question him about the feeling that was settling in her when he drew her attention to the entertainment.

Her expression turned from euphoric to an analytical furrow and then again to a look of surprise.
She had known that woman...in the biblical sense.
"Azalea...?" she whispered, more to herself than Merlin.
Carmilla absentmindedly met his hand as he returned the scale to her, pulling it in front of her.
"...Yes, of course...I'll keep that in mind..." she responded, still staring off towards the stage.
She broke from her study with any inhale and a smile, her eyes seeming to almost lag in focusing back on him.
"The last thing I need right now is for Tom to have me shaken down for potentially violating the 'magic ban'." she said facetiously

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< “Hello my name is Adam Holy. I’m here for vacation. You can call like that I guess… >>

Ben checked with Tom, who waved him on back to work. As Adam spoke, Tom couldn’t help but notice a small white feather fall out from the back of his coat. The aura Adam was giving off had suggested a possibility to him of what Adam might be: the feather confirmed it.

Tom shook his head in amazement. “I guess wherever you are, you can always use some time somewhere else, huh? Even from heaven…”

<< Yes it’s my first time here I..” He pauses to take a sip of his wine “ I landed here from a war” >>

That made sense. So it wasn’t all harps and choirs for these guys: there were still conflicts to face. That thought saddened him greatly.

<< Leaning back into his stool “Do you happen to know any places to stay for awhile. I need to recharge from using too much healing and flying.” >>

Tom smiled. “I can help you with that. We always have spare rooms upstairs for our kind of transients like yourself. As for recharging, there are plenty of healer types around who might be able to help with that. Azalea onstage there is a priestess, and somewhere around here we’ve got a phoenix available who does magic healing.

“But right for the moment, which do you feel like? I can have one of our ladies take you upstairs, or you could refresh yourself here at the bar, listening to--”

It finally struck Tom just how vibrant the music was this evening, and the magic flow that was going around with it. What was going on? Was this something more he needed to deal with?

Then he saw Mai stepping up towards the dance floor and sensed her counterspell going out, and the reduction in intensity of the music. “That’s my girl, Mai,” he murmured: “taking care of troubles before I have to. That’s special…”

He realized he had gotten distracted from his new guest. “I’m so sorry: just have a lot on my mind tonight. As I was saying, you could stick around if you like and party with the crowd, or drink on your own, or whatever you like. If you need anything else, check with Ben: I’ll be unavailable for a little bit on some important business.

“Take care!”

Adam hadn’t asked what Tom was, and Tom just assumed any visiting angel would already know, so he didn’t say he was a vampire, though he wasn’t trying to hide it at all…

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

<< "Time to put the music on pause. Back to your drinks." [Mai’s] seductive tone would ring in people's heads... >>

Azalea both heard and felt the change in the musical/magical tone in the room, and while many people were still captivated by her song, many did step back and grab a drink. Now she realized the extent of her influence, she realized that a quick withdrawal could be dangerous. But withdraw she must, so she chose her next song carefully, to wind down the mood:

You brought me to trust you brought me to tears
In one tender touch the pain disappears
I have been to the sword seen it come seen it die
As we enter the dark I beseech you to try
In prophecy all good things must end
So take care my love my friend
Keep it precious
Keep it precious…

What had she thought she was doing, she remonstrated herself. Showing off that way, trying to get noticed: and as far as she could tell, it hadn’t even managed that. At least, not by the person she was half hoping, half dreading would notice.

Slowly the magic reduced, draining peacefully out and leaving the club as usual.

(tag all)

<< Carmilla absentmindedly met his hand as he returned the scale to her, pulling it in front of her.
"...Yes, of course...I'll keep that in mind..." she responded, still staring off towards the stage.
She broke from her study with an inhale and a smile, her eyes seeming to almost lag in focusing back on him.
"The last thing I need right now is for Tom to have me shaken down for potentially violating the 'magic ban'." she said facetiously... >>

Merlin gave her hand a slight squeeze as their hands met, but released it soon enough to not be awkward.

He laughed lightly at her supposition. “Oh, there’s no question that it was not you who violated the ban. Someone else will bear that responsibility. I can’t imagine what she was thinking.”

Merlin turned back to sipping on his wine and sighed once more. “I believe I see that Tom has returned. Before he reaches the table, allow me to say that this has been a most splendid evening. I thank you for the pleasure of your company, and do hope we shall have the opportunity to do it again sometime.”

7FE79649-CFBE-4BFD-879C-F1A84A4AB354.png
(his wings but medium size)Adam takes off his jacket and let his wings stretch a bit “Just send whoever. I don’t really care who heals me. “ He gets up but ends up passing out from a untended wound on his back he wasn’t able to heal and had forgotten about.

His wings mange to catch himself from anymore possible damage.Letting him gently fall to the ground and his wings shrink back into his body.Without his jacket on everyone can see healed and slightly healed cuts and bruises. The caused of him being passed out is a stab wound that is right in the middle of where his wings are attached to his body.
He looks pale and sickly. He breaths fine but can tell that he’s in pain and need of rest.

Last edited:
Carmilla Karnstein

Merlin's mention of Azalea again brought her attention back to the stage. The strange feeling manifesting in her core becoming stronger with every moment spent staring. It was like a yawning void, pulling on her insides.
This was the worst part of being "alive".
Carmilla had hunch about what she was thinking, or at least what she had been intending.
"Considering our longevity it's almost impossible not to." she responded sarcastically. "The pleasure was all mine."

Karnstein tried her hardest to be in the moment though her thoughts were elsewhere. She seemed as cool and collected as usual. In reality, bygone emotions and memories were flooding her conscious mind, she almost wished for the return to her stone-hearted constitution. But, the magical barrier, coupled with Merlin's company and the liquor had all but undressed her of it. She couldn't decide what plan of action to take besides the fact she wanted to talk to her, to curb her sudden pining condition.
Would she move now? Or later?
Quickly she figured Tom had no recourse but to heed the call. So there wasn't any risk of him coming off the hook.
However she was unsure if Azalea's performance was a regular affair or if this could be her only chance for who knows how long. She hadn't felt the lack of closure until this very moment.

With an "Excuse me." and a glance in Tom's direction, Carmilla hurriedly rose from her seat and glided across the bar. She was used to letting her shadow do the walking but not in this terrifyingly vulnerable manner.
She had absolutely no plan going into this interaction.
Her poised mien betrayed her frame of mind as she found herself standing off to one side of the stage.
The gesture hopefully being a clear synonym for "Can we talk?"

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Roxy

Roxy watched as the magical chaos winded down. Things started to go back to normal, for this place anyway. Drink orders started to rise. She noticed Mai returning to her own drink; sitting back down with some of the nymphs.

She looked back at Randy and smiled at him. It was time to get back to work.

She noticed that he was glancing at his watch.

"It'll only be a couple more hours," she said. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, but even though she had the OK to turn him, she made sure there wasn't a scratch there.

She walked off to take a couple orders, bringing a water for the mermaid and some other drinks for those nearby. Saturdays were always busy nights, but the way tonight was going, would she even have the energy to return to her apartment with Randy? Maybe she'd rather spend the night in one of the rooms upstairs.

She passed by Azalea after she had finished her song. "I'm a little worried about Sammy...something is bugging her, but she didn't feel like talking to me about it," was all she had time to tell her.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

~~~
Randy

Randy let out a sigh, but gave an understanding smile after the kiss. He chuckled a little as she walked off; she had hesitated to kiss him again, like she didn't want to turn him just yet. Might as well make it a special thing, right?

He noticed the angel on the floor. A new sight to be sure. He glanced behind him like he was expecting to see his guardian angel, but just saw empty air like normal. Maybe they didn't operate that way after all?

"Should we move him?" Randy asked Ben. Where was that phoenix?

Mentioned: Zenkai27 Zenkai27 SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

<< “Just send whoever. I don’t really care who heals me. “ [Adam] gets up but ends up passing out… >>

Tom jumped up as he saw Adam start to collapse and grabbed him, though his arms were momentarily filled with wings when doing so. Ben dropped what he was doing to come around the bar to assist as Tom let the angel down to the ground. As the magic in the air wound down, the wings shrank back into Adam’s body, leaving him like the rest in the bar as a normal human being.

<< "Should we move him?" Randy asked Ben. >>

Before Ben could answer, Tom did. “Well, it’s not like he has any broken bones from the fall. This appears to be a straightforward injury on his back: if we can get him upstairs without too much jostling, I am sure either Joseph or Azalea can do a fine patchup job on him in just a bit.

“Ben: don’t worry about this. You’ve got your hands full with the crowd and being short-staffed. If Randy here can assist me, we’ll get the kid up the stairs while you get back to work.”

Ben nodded and hopped back behind the bar.

Tom nodded to Randy. “Thank you. Now: head or feet? Head, you’ll be backing up the stairs, feet, you’ll be following. What’s your preference?”

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD (don't worry, we'll get you back in the game quick), shadowdude505 shadowdude505

<< "Considering our longevity it's almost impossible not to." she responded sarcastically. "The pleasure was all mine." >>

Merlin was a little thrown off by the sarcastic tone in her voice, but took her at her word.

“Very good, then…” he didn’t quite know what to say at that moment. Then Carmilla stood.

<< With an "Excuse me." and a glance in Tom's direction, Carmilla hurriedly rose from her seat and glided across the bar. >>

Azalea finished her set and her magic to wild applause from the dance floor, and bowed to the crowd. “Thank you. That’s it for me tonight. But Jeff and George will carry you through the rest of the evening, alright?”

<< [Roxy] passed by Azalea after she had finished her song. "I'm a little worried about Sammy...something is bugging her, but she didn't feel like talking to me about it," was all she had time to tell her. >>

Azalea nodded. “Thank you. I’ll catch her when I can.”

As usual, Jeff and George took this intro as a challenge. And as usual, they were up for it. With no further verbal introduction they started rocking out to “China Grove.”

“When the sun comes up on a sleepy little town
Down around San Antone
And the folks are risin' for another day
'Round about their homes…”

As Azalea walked off the stage her eyes met Carmilla’s. It was difficult to judge the look in her eyes, but she nodded and walked around to the back side of the stage where she opened a door and waited for Carmilla to come through with her.

Once they were both backstage, Azalea sighed. “As the old folks say, ‘it’s been a coon’s age.’ How have you been, and what are you up to now?”

Randy

Randy wasn’t a doctor, so he wasn’t sure how life threatening the wound was. Being an angel, maybe it wouldn’t bring him close to death’s door at all; but it still looked painful.

“Feet.” Considering how they were already arranged, it was just simpler this way.

“Never thought I’d see an angel in a bar, well...an obvious one anyway. Figured entertainment and the second coming were the only times I’d see the wings,” he commented as he helped Tom carry Adam.

“He’s legit right? Not a fallen angel posing as a good guy?” He asked, grunting a little as they put Adam on a bed.

Gwalihir Gwalihir SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

<< “Never thought I’d see an angel in a bar, well...an obvious one anyway. Figured entertainment and the second coming were the only times I’d see the wings,” he commented as he helped Tom carry Adam.

“He’s legit right? Not a fallen angel posing as a good guy?” He asked... >>

“Yeah, well, I never thought I’d see a zombie or a phoenix or half the other things I’ve seen since I opened Last Castle,” grunted Tom as they made their way up the staircase. “Got to think about installing an elevator next time,” he mumbled more to himself than anything.

“And I’m no expert, but I doubt the fallen ones smell like fields of flowers. Besides, I think the fall of angels was a one-time thing, back before the Age of Man. I haven’t the slightest idea if they still have angel wings, bat wings or whatever. Frankly, hope I never find out.”

Tom sighed as they finished laying Adam out on the bed and Tom covered him with a blanket. Then he smiled as he looked up at Randy. “Man, kid, you have been put through some stuff since you got here. How are you taking it all in? Have you worked things out with Lucas, know what’s going on from here on forward? Haven’t really had a chance to check back with you till now…”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 : Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide , please catch up when you can

Randy

"It seems like something new pops up everyday, but I'm managing things fine," Randy replied. "Lucas gave the OK to be turned. He sounded pretty pissed when I told him that Altheus turned Roxy in front of me and two other friends...he thought Altheus was trying to secure a mate, so it sounds like I'll have to challenge him. Beyond that, I'm not really sure what the future holds. Roxy wants to turn me tonight, assuming she's not too tired...tonight's been pretty busy for her..."

A fiery looks appeared in his eyes. "I'm not going to let our relationship go to waste. I'm going to beat Altheus."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< "It seems like something new pops up everyday, but I'm managing things fine," Randy replied. >>

Tom nodded. “You certainly are. Most normal humans would have run away screaming by now. But I take it you’re solidly committed to Roxy, and that’s giving you the grit to get through it all. “

<< "Lucas gave the OK to be turned. He sounded pretty pissed when I told him that Altheus turned Roxy in front of me and two other friends… >>

Tom raised an eyebrow at that. “I’ll just bet he did. Talk about risking the veil: just howling at them would be reason enough to be pissed at him, but to attack in the midst of a group like that: wow, Altheus must be off his rocker.”

<< ...he thought Altheus was trying to secure a mate, so it sounds like I'll have to challenge him… >>

Tom shook his head. “The bastard. He had no business trying anything so stupid, especially in front of a group of humans. From what I hear, sounds like Altheus is in desperate need of a good ass-whupping.”

<< Beyond that, I'm not really sure what the future holds. Roxy wants to turn me tonight, assuming she's not too tired...tonight's been pretty busy for her..." >>

Tom smiled. “If we weren’t so busy and short handed already, I’d try to let her go early. But it doesn’t look possible just now. I hope her werewolf vitality kicks in, and she recovers her stamina as soon as she leaves the Shroud.”

<< A fiery look appeared in his eyes. "I'm not going to let our relationship go to waste. I'm going to beat Altheus." >>

This time Tom chuckled. “I almost feel sorry for Altheus. I have a feeling you’ll be giving him the whupping he deserves.

“So: anything else on your mind?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back