• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
<< Lilith sheepishly followed, taking the rear of the group. She started to dance, but seemed stiff compared to the Lynn. A mix of the alcohol, succubus high, and the music had the mermaid in high spirits… >>

<< ...Time seemed to slow as she danced beside Lynn. They weren't even touching, but sparks seemed to fly as Lynn swayed her hips… >>

<< Lilith had a noticeable blush as she turned her gaze toward Alyssa. How was she faring through all this? >>

Alyssa had joined in the dance but watched first with surprise, then what looked like anger or jealousy (or maybe both), but realized she had completely lost her connection with Lynn. Watching Lynn and Lilith dance it was clear that the connection had switched to between those two, and that Alyssa was now the third wheel.

It was not a position she enjoyed being in. To be fair, it was not a position she found herself in frequently. She had more than half a mind to excuse herself and Lilith for a “powder my nose” session in the restroom and let her little sister have it, but it was too clear that Lynn was the one who had made this choice. She would talk to Lilith later, oh, yes, but for now she didn’t feel she could take more of this rejection.

“I’m still thirsty!” she called out over the music. “Meet you back at the bar!”

She picked up her margarita, still half frozen, and wandered away from the table. Was she losing her touch? Or was Lilith just really blossoming? One way to find out…

<< He opened the door and ducked under the frame, stepping into the main room. Ah, high ceilings--his favorite thing in the world. A small smile touched his face as he straighted his back and stretched his neck a bit, and took in the scene. >>

She circled around the bar, watching couples sometimes, but mostly looking for wallflowers, someone to dance with. And there he was, standing all alone at the door to the back room, a very tall man who looked a little nervous, but was smiling. That would be easy to take care of.

She finished her drink and sashayed over towards him, humming the tune that was playing. She seductively swept her long brunette hair back over her shoulder with one hand, being sure to make eye contact.

She was five foot nine, so a little taller than most women, but he still had a good foot on her. As she approached she could smell an odor like a sea breeze wafting from him. There was something about him that reminded her of Lynn: better not go there.

“Hey there, sailor. Offer a girl a dance?”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , starlightredux starlightredux

Lilith noticed Alyssa's reaction. She felt bad about it; although, with two succubi hanging out with the same person, it was probably bound to happen. Hopefully her sister wouldn't be too upset about it.

Lilith lost track of time as she danced with Lynn, but after a while, they returned to their drinks. The succubus quickly noticed that her sister wasn't there and started to get lost in her own head. She didn't notice Lynn order another beer.

"Hey, Lilith," the mermaid's voice caused the shy succubus to flinch. When she turned to look at Lynn, she noticed a mermaid that looked a little drunk. Her face was a little red and she was sitting with her chin in her hand; looking at Lilith with a flirty look. "What's it like being a succubus?" She asked, slurring her words a little.

Lilith turned her gaze to her hands as she shyly pressed her fingers together. "...." Her mind tried to form words. "Well...accidentally putting a guy in a coma didn't leave a good first impression...," she replied. "Honestly...I dreaded what I was born to be. Taking the love...or lust...of others and not giving any back...I still have my sisters, but there was always the chance to become rivals during a 'hunt.' It wasn't until I found this bar...and met you...that I started enjoying what I am..."

"Really? What makes me so special?" she asked in a saucy tone, taking a hold of Lilith's hand. It was like grabbing a live wire, but all the alcohol she had drank dulled it a little.

"Y...you're nice...a...and I don't have to lie to you about being a succubus," Lilith replied. After she had finished that sentence, she suddenly found herself a target of a big, drunken kiss. She could taste the mermaid's essence, but could tell some of it had been drained already and stopped herself form taking much more.

She actually stopped herself! In the moment, she forgot about partially draining the werewolf without putting him in a coma. After the kiss was over, Lynn and Lilith both had "wow" expressions on their face. Lilith looked at her amulet bracelet. If only she knew about them sooner. Happy tears started to well up in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Lynn asked softly.

"Nothing...I'm just...really happy." Lilith leaned onto Lynn's shoulder and started to cry into it. Lynn held the succubus close to her in a side hug. A pure kind of love tingled between them; a small blossom.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Lokua blinked out of his short revere as someone approached him. Initially thinking he was in someone's way, he opened his mouth to apologize, but found that a woman was actually looking up at him directly. She was smiling warmly and playing with her dark hair, and there was something about her presence that felt distinctly coy. Oh boy.

{ “Hey there, sailor. Offer a girl a dance?” }

Though he made no sign of it outwardly, the question did surprise him. There were plenty of people around, and a woman in a figure-hugging dress usually had no trouble finding partners. What had made him stand out?

...Alright, silly question.

"Aren't you the one offering?" He teased, but his voice was gentle, and a soft smile was on his face.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< What had made him stand out?

...Alright, silly question.

"Aren't you the one offering?" He teased, but his voice was gentle, and a soft smile was on his face. >>

She shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes, but the smile didn’t leave her face.

“Some guys prefer to take control. Especially big guys: it’s what they’re used to.

“Of course, if you’re not interested…”

Even as she turned away she was still smiling flirtatiously. Would she walk away? Hard to tell...

starlightredux starlightredux

{ “Some guys prefer to take control. Especially big guys: it’s what they’re used to. }

He made a slight face at that, feeling a little awkward about the thought of "taking control". Though, he still didn't doubt the truth of her words--a woman certainly knew what men were like better than he did.

{ “Of course, if you’re not interested…” }

The strange woman turned from him, and he couldn't help but smile a bit, both at her glibness and her willingness to walk away. Spirited people were always something he admired, despite his own mellow disposition. While he didn't want to hurt her pride, Lokua wasn't much for dancing either.

"V'got a concussion." He said, with a gentle shrug. "I'd probably fall over and squish you." The light smile still played on his lips.

"Wouldn't mind company, though."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< "V'got a concussion." He said, with a gentle shrug. "I'd probably fall over and squish you." The light smile still played on his lips.

"Wouldn't mind company, though." >>

She put her hands on her hips in mock exasperation. “Is that the closest I can get tonight to: ‘Would you care for a dance, Miss?’”

Maybe she was losing her touch after all. Well, nothing like a challenge to get it back…

She took his hand. “Never mind. I’ll make concession for this injury of yours, and accept. Besides, I like a man I can climb.”

She turned and led him to the dance floor as Anna’s first song died down and another one began. This one started low, but Alyssa recognized it at once and knew it would build soon:

“How can you see into my eyes, like open doors
Leading you down into my core
Where I've become so numb
Without a soul
My spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home… “

She stood, swaying a bit in front of him, her hands up on his arms, having led his down to hers, letting the energy play through her fingertips as she crooned the words. God, he was some kind of preternatural, too: his energy felt so much like Lynn’s she had to keep shaking off the image of her. It wouldn’t do to be trying to seduce one person and be dwelling on another.

At first she neither fed him or drained from him: just felt his flow to get to know him. Then as the music changed she sent a thrill of hunger and desire running up both his arms, feeding his libido. She began turning about in his arms, inviting him to spin her, to move her as he pleased.

“Wake me up inside (save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark (wake me up)
Bid my blood to run (I can't wake up)
Before I come undone (save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become…”

Tom took a moment upstairs locking the cash wallet away, then went back downstairs and found Mai again.

“Hi, sweetie! What did I miss, anything?”

It took only a moment for him to notice Lokua on the dance floor. In a moment Tom and Mai were joined by Fatima, carrying an orange drink.

“Well, for a shy guy, looks like Lokua’s a fast mover. Is that Alyssa with him? I thought she was joined at the hip to Lynn…”

She took a sip of the drink in her hand, nodding approval at the taste. “Umm. I guess once he has a seat I’ll send out a fresh drink for him. Who knows? He might be a while.”

Tom spent a moment surveying the crowd and noting that Anna had them well enthralled. The two first songs she had chosen were duets, and Jeff was apparently having the time of his life singing alongside her. All seemed to be going well.

And the clock continued counting down to ten…

Mai had spent her time people watching. The atmosphere had been pretty nice and she enjoyed the music; it was like everyone forgot there was going to be a trial tonight.

"Just everyone enjoying themselves," she replied with a smile. "And a budding romance." She nodded her head toward where Lilith and Lynn were sitting. Tom would be able to catch the tail end of Lilith crying happily on the mermaid's shoulder.

She remained in her seat, but spun around to face Fatima. "They were," she replied, holding up a finger matter-of-factly. "One minute Lilith was third wheeling, the next moment, something switched. I guess opposites really do attract."

She shot Tom a foxy smile. She wasn't really trying to label him as her opposite, but there was a lot of passion in the air and it would be a shame to waste some of it. The upcoming trial was probably still weighing down on Tom.

Mai stood up and grabbed Tom's hand. "Care to dance with me, tiger?" she asked, still giving him a foxy look. She didn't give him much of a choice and started to lead him to the dance floor.
~~~

Lilith sat back up in her seat and wiped her eyes. "That's your last beer," she told Lynn, already sounding a little like a girlfriend. "The trial if finishing up tonight. You should be mostly sober if you're going to stick around for it," she added softly.

"Riiight!" Lynn exclaimed. "I was having so much fun, I forgot about that." The mermaid flashed a big grin.

"No more beers for me, tonight. Just some water, and soda for my friend here," she said to the bartender.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

{ She took his hand. “Never mind. I’ll make concession for this injury of yours, and accept. Besides, I like a man I can climb.” }

That final comment succeeded in making him blush, to her credit. She took his hand and began to lead him along. For a second he pointed weakly towards the bar, thinking how to explain that he didn't want to leave Fatima hanging, but... he didn't want to be cold, either. A little dance wouldn't hurt. This woman did seem nice, anyways, albeit a little distracted. He couldn't help but notice a slight falter in her expression, here and there, while they danced, even as her smooth voice wove in with the song. Their skin brushed together and he couldn't help but notice something oddly familiar about the energy he felt.

The woman's gaze met his intensely, and the music faded away in his mind as suddenly a rush of feeling went through him, almost taking his breath for a long moment. Even as she turned again, this time moving closer against him, something itched at the back of his mind. The sounds around him slowly faded back into focus, and he gave a little shake of his head. His hand slid up her arm to her much smaller hand, and he gave her a spin--around to face him. Another look into her eyes and something clicked.

Sirens. That's what felt familiar. There was something about this woman's peculiar, luring energy that felt very close to the more vampirically inclined ocean folk that he knew well. Different, more heated, for sure--but similar. The odd moment passed and he couldn't help the soft, patient smile that came to his face and he as he turned her again. He weaved his fingers with hers, letting some energy of his own pass into her palm. He didn't mind, really--merfolk had bits of the ocean's raw energy in them, and a man his size had some to go around.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< Mai stood up and grabbed Tom's hand. "Care to dance with me, tiger?" she asked, still giving him a foxy look. She didn't give him much of a choice and started to lead him to the dance floor. >>

Tom laughed. “I suppose I could afford to take some time out--” was all he managed as he was practically jerked out of his seat by the eager kitsune. Fortunately, after a thousand years of practice, Tom was an accomplished dancer in many styles. He was happy to join Mai on the floor during this hard rocking song, and proceeded to assist her in spins, twists, and various fun steps.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

But Tom and Mai weren’t the only ones having fun on the dance floor. Alyssa gasped as Lokua opened himself up to her and deliberately fed her some of his energy. Not only a preternatural, but a generous and willing donor? She was in seventh heaven. She closed her eyes as she kept dancing, swaying with the high of his energy, feeding it back to him and drawing in more, never taking so much as to be a drain on him.

“Now that I know what I'm without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real
Bring me to life--”

The words resonated within her soul as she found her perfect match: a man of physical power and the energy to keep her going without himself being drained. Besides, she _did_ find him ruggedly handsome...

Mai had a foxy expression on her face as she danced with Tom. She looked like she had some kind of plan "up her sleeves," but she was actually winging it as the dance went along. She giggled maturely as Tom spun her. She was no succubus, but she hoped he was enjoying himself. She'd be happy if she could ease the burden the up-coming trail seemed to place on him, even if it was just for a little while.

After a dip, she quickly gave Tom a peck on the cheek, followed up by a playful look. It was as if she was saying "Your move, tiger."

Gwalihir Gwalihir
~~~
Lilith noticed that her sister looked like she was enjoying herself; maybe falling in love as well? (Lilith couldn't really tell for sure.) The young succubus wondered if it was too soon to join the dance floor after what had happened, so she decided to play it safe. For now, Lilith and Lynn stayed at the bar, chatting, and drinking non-alcoholic drinks.

Vibeke

“Thank you. It’s good- It’s really good.”

She returned his friendliness with a shy smile, before she was taken by surprise by what pretty much sounded like.. Snoring?

How much did he drink here? Did he plan on bleeding the entire place dry?

Refusing to believe that someone could reach that level of drunk with only a couple bottles of beer, Vibeke barely looked at her drink frowning ever so slightly, but ended up shrugging and averting her gaze away from mr. sleeping beauty. Soon after, she regained her composure as she sipped slowly from the glass.

I guess variety really is the spice of life.

Back to her surroundings, it came to her only then how she failed to read the essences of the ones she could recognize the time she first stumbled by Last Castle, however she did it half-heartely, their flavors dim and blurred all together, as if she feared that with the whole reaching out thing it would soon come her turn to be perceived, and an interruption like the soft thump near her was enough to make her concentration falter, resulting in her turning to check. She leaned closer to the arrow, the drink still in her right hand, and noticed an handwriting on it after picking it up from where it fell. Realizing she could not decipher the writings at all, she considered slipping a word about it to Ben, but when she looked back to where he was before and he wasn’t in sight, she had very little intention of leaving her chair just yet when someone could be already on their way to take it back.

My man, must be some kind of time travel back to when I was two- I can’t read it at all.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
<< Adam: “I will love that. It’s hard when I have to make decisions like. Sometimes you have to let everything play out on its own. I did get In trouble for some of my decisions.” >>

Denali sighed in sympathy. “It sounds like you’re not very happy as an angel. Is God ungrateful for your service? I can assure you our Queen would be much more gracious about such issues, and find ways for someone to serve that would leave them more content.

“Tonight is the Sabbath, so we don’t congregate tonight. Perhaps we could take you to meet the Queen tomorrow?”

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

<< After a dip, she quickly gave Tom a peck on the cheek, followed up by a playful look. It was as if she was saying "Your move, tiger." >>

Tom smiled down at her as she pecked him on the cheek, and continued dancing to the end of the song. Once the song was over he gave her a full kiss, then started dancing again as soon as the next song started. There would be time later tonight for playing around: right now all he had time for was blowing off a little steam.

“Turn it inside out so I can see
The part of you that’s drifting over me
And when I wake you’re, you’re never there,
When I sleep you’re, you’re everywhere,
You’re everywhere…”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Mai continued to dance alongside Tom. She was having fun and felt like Tom was too. She was content with the fact that she seemed to be distracting him from the big event tonight, but it couldn't last forever.

"We should do this again sometime, tiger," she said. "See you after my show." She flashed a foxy smile and winked at her vampire boyfriend. It was getting closer to her time to perform on stage. She sashayed her way backstage and started to relax in one of the chairs. She started to drink one of the waters. For something so fun, dancing was also good exercise.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

{ I'm so sorry about that week long absence dudes lmao }

This definitely wasn't what he had expected to do when he stopped by that night. Especially with what was to happen later. But, watching a total stranger close their eyes and smile as they danced with him... he had to admit that it felt nice. It was easy to forget for a few moments the tension that permeated the building. Everyone seemed to take shelter in the music and each other's company, at least for a while. The energy the strange woman fed back to him tingled with bits of excitement and he had to admit it was infectious. In the low lights, with her face flushed from exertion and her hair tussled from her movements, she really did look lovely, whoever she was. Were he a bolder man, he probably would have told her so.

But as it were, through no fault of her own (he could feel her holding back, taking only 'sips'), his previous sleepless night and the happenings of the day were finally taking their toll. With exertion from their dance the tall man finally found his energy dwindling to it's end. He laughed softly as he slowed their dance to a stop, just as the song drew to a close. The brief pause between tracks gave him a moment to speak.

"I.. I should sit down," He was smiling, worn out but happy. "It's just been a long day and uhm, th-there's a drink for me at the bar, and.." He squeezed her hands gently. ".. I never got your name."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< "We should do this again sometime, tiger," she said. "See you after my show." She flashed a foxy smile and winked at her vampire boyfriend. >>

“Definitely,” Tom said, “to both.”

But now the distraction was over, he needed to focus on the business soon at hand. He climbed the steps to upstairs where they were keeping Altheus. The man had resisted coming back upstairs earlier, creating a major scene wherein Mark and Lucius were forced to restrain him and drag him away. They had left him bound, positive he would likewise resist when taken downstairs, and thus Tom found him thoroughly trussed and even gagged.

Tom sighed and removed the gag. Altheus coughed and spit the taste out of his mouth.

“This isn’t over yet, mister. You’re not just gonna butcher me now. I will fight you tooth and nail, you hear?”

Tom shook his head. “Altheus, I am about the only person in this building who is trying to defend you, and you behave like this? You’re going to oblige us to drag you down there in chains? Don’t you know what that makes you look like? A savage animal that needs to be put down! If they kill you tonight, it will be because of the impression you create tonight, and you’re selling yourself right into the enemy camp! If you would just give this a chance, everything might be alright. Wouldn’t you rather be downstairs right now enjoying the music and a drink, instead of sitting up here hogtied like a pig?”

Altheus struggled uselessly against his bonds. “Wake up and smell the roses, Tom! I slit the throats of eight of their friends! You think there’s the slightest chance they’re going to forgive me? Give me any kind of grace, or leniency? I’m as good as dead already. You want to do me a favor? Blow my brains out with a silver bullet: hollow point, to make sure. At least I’d die quickly.

“There is nothing you can do for me. Why are you even trying?”

Resolution settled on Tom. “Because I must. Because I was forgiven when I didn’t deserve it, in spite of atrocities many times worse than yours. I got a second chance; I believe you deserve one, too.”

Altheus stared him in the eyes. “And how are you gonna persuade all them of that?”

Tom shook his head. “I don’t know that I can. But I know I have to try. And I know my job would be so much easier if you would just behave appropriately.”

Altheus slumped in his seat. “Okay. If you’re gonna try, I guess I owe it to you to try as well. Get these things off me, I won’t try to fight or run.”

Tom nodded. “I’m stepping out to get someone who will have a key for you. Give me a minute.”

He headed downstairs and found Lucius. “Hello! Can I get the keys from you to let Altheus out?”

Lucius frowned. He spoke loudly over the music. “He fought like a wildcat. You really think he should be set free before they try him?”

Tom nodded, and likewise shouted over the music. “Like that, no one would consider letting him live. He’s got to have a chance to present himself well.”

Lucius’ frown remained. “I don’t have the keys. You’ll have to check with Mark.”

Tom nodded and moved on, trying to find Mark in the growing crowd…

<< "I.. I should sit down," He was smiling, worn out but happy. "It's just been a long day and uhm, th-there's a drink for me at the bar, and.." He squeezed her hands gently. ".. I never got your name." >>

Alyssa was sated for a time, and did not mind reducing the encounter to something more low-key. “Sure thing, sweetie. Where do you want to sit? And I’m Alyssa. What’s your name?”

She followed him over to a seat, and when the bartender brought a drink for him she ordered a frozen margarita.

“So, you had a rough day? That’s what it sounds like. You need a way to relax? I can think of several. What would you say to a good neckrub?”

And then it was time for the final set.

"Hello everyone. Thanks for coming out. I'm trying something different tonight, but I think you'll enjoy it," Mai announced. "Hit it, boys."

Her first song was All Fired Up by Pat Benatar. Her sultry voice had a bit of an 80s growl. It wasn't her jazzy norm, but she had always enjoyed classic rock.

Jeff and George handled the back up vocals.

"Livin' with my eyes closed, goin' day to day
I never knew the difference, I never cared either way
Lookin' for a reason, searchin' for a sign
Reachin' out with both hands, I gotta feel the kick inside
All fired up
(now I believe there comes a time)
All fired up (when everything just falls in line)
All fired up (we live an' learn from our mistakes)
All fired up, fired up, fired up, hey!"

As she continued to sing the song, it seemed like the lyrics resonated with her (but only someone like Tom, who had heard some about her background would fully understand that.)

Last edited:
{ I’m Alyssa. What’s your name?” }

"Luan." He answered, as they moved away from the crowd.

Alyssa. He subtly studied her features, trying to commit both her face and her name to memory. If he was going to be working here, he should probably get familiar with everyone. Although after their dance, he was sure it would be hard to forget her aura, having felt it run through him like a current. It surprised him that she wanted to join him at bar, but not in a bad way. A drink was placed in front of him before he could order, and he guessed this must be the one Fatima recommended. He made a mental note to thank her for it the next time he saw her. How many things had he thanked her for already..? He took a test sip as Alyssa spoke.

{ I can think of several. What would you say to a good neckrub?” }

The suggestion took him by surprise and he swallowed roughly, his cheeks growing a little warm. This had to have been the most forward woman he had met. Not that he was exactly well practiced in the area of meeting women. "I was," He couldn't help a soft laugh. "I was thinking more of a nap."

He showed no contempt or disgust at the suggestion however, and in fact he seemed very intrigued by her attitude, smiling at her as kindly as ever.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back