• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Carmilla Karnstein
70745727_391006881588860_1647856103110891942_n.jpg

Carmilla watched in amusement as Merlin interacted with the waitress and then smiled impishly at him while he jokingly scolded her.

“You naughty little minx! You knew, and that’s why you chose it!...”

Karnstein giggled and responded "I can't help my tastes, not anymore anyway." She brushed her hair over her shoulders and picked up the glass with him.

She was a caught slightly off by his lack of, somewhat modern, table manners but overlooked it as eccentricity and picked up his slack.
"Cin cin." she added, before tapping her glass on the table, tipping her head back and drinking it.
It was small, only a gulp to down the swig.
Cognac was not generally served as shots. It was somewhat akin to drinking wine from a shot glass. Regardless, she decided to drink like the glass and not the liquor.

Carmilla found his cradling of the tiny glass and minute sipping of it rather funny. She smiled and the smile turned to a laugh as he addressed her again.

"...the kind of girl who prefers not to be forgiven."

"You're fun." She declared cheerfully. Placing her glass at the edge of the table, Carmilla took a sip from her water glass. It was always odd to be able to make use of these sorts of things again; in an amusing way. Drinks and chasers meant something entirely different to her beyond these walls.

"Unfortunately, I don't think you're very likely to find out." She put her hands under her chin and planted her elbows on the table, her bonny expression hopefully not easily misunderstood as attraction.
He really was pleasant, and charming in a mature way. Very huggable, not to mention probably very interesting in conversation.
The interaction might have been an amiable back and forth but he was clearly in control of the mood.
Merlin had almost started to distracted her from her objective, almost.

Carmilla snickered at his comment about Tom and tilted her head towards his approach, giving him the warmest smile her cold countenance could muster. A facade indistinguishable to most, though probably not him.
She was happy to see him, just not necessarily under these circumstances.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
Moira

<<“Trust me, any words I might have with that woman would be far from amorous. It is her companion I have business with.”>> Those words couldn't help but make her smile as it was odd for her of all people to feel a bit insecure but she couldn't help it and they were under a shroud she couldn't use her magic to alter her appearance.
She felt a huge relief because she was afraid she would have been dismissed but Tom said << “my business with the gentleman there should not take long. If you can hold for just a few minutes, grab a table or booth and order whatever you like, on the house, I should be back to speak with you in ten minutes tops.” >>

So she did just that finding a little booth that was still within an eyeshot of Tom as he went to the woman who was entertaining and she sat down after signaling for more drinks but the werewolf waitress was kind of busy and to her surprise the large gentleman came to her booth with a bottle of rum and a couple glasses.
"Sorry to intrude but I saw you taking shots earlier so thought why not show my hospitality for you handling those gentlemen over there with a nice bottle, I'm Joseph sort of the unofficial cook for now" he says holding his hand out.
"Moira" she replied shaking his hand
At that moment Joseph froze as his power made him feel how ancient and powerful she was... he sat down in awwe for a moment.."Your a priestess... and not a normal one" he somewhat stammered.

she poured herself a glass... smiling to herself "oh so you can tell, my you must be a magical being then definitely not a vampire or werewolf...hmmm let me guess a elemental sage, a fairy... no..." she said guessing wrong.
"Phoenix" he said informing her
"Oh wow... quite rare its easy for me to tell who is a werewolf or vampire its like a instinct from how the two carry themselves ... but whats a phoenix doing here as a unofficial cook" she says sitting back and crossing her legs while putting the glass to her lips.
"I could ask the same of a Priestess with such primal power.. odd to get you hear after a visit from the Archons" he says
This caused Moira to shatter the glass upon hearing him mention the archons and it was not a big mess but she put the shards on a drink tray that was on the table and put her hand out for Joseph to heal for her "If you don't mind that is" she says as he grabs her hand healing it.
"Wow... not even a scar" she says admiring the instantaneous healing ability. "Sorry Joseph but I just came here to relax those old eyesore's have nothing to do with why I am here but I am interested to know a little about some of the people here to hopefully build my own council" she says
Joseph looks at her carefully "Big challenge wanting to build your own council but I am not sure if I can assist you" he says

"Oh your a Phoenix right so you have great latent magical talent, I can tell you haven't been taught... and I'm sure there are others in here and to achieve my goal I can't do it alone" she says.
Joseph turns looking around... "I guess under the shroud you can't tell exactly who is what...but I'll look into taking you up on that offer but I would like your help before I do" he says to her.
"Oh really well I already met Tom and I see a few wolves and vampires" she says
"Yes but there is a a Kitsune in the midst and others that have great magical potential I just need you to help a friend of mine deal with Trauma"

Joseph says this to her and she looks as if she is considering it.... "Ok I will help what friend is this and where is this kitsune" she says knowing that a Kitsune is another magical being and the with enough magical beings for her council and Tom in her corner the world can be made anew.
"Help my friend over there Bruin when you can" he says pointing over to him....
Moira shakes Josephs hand in agreement and then turns her attention to Tom....
Joseph looks at her his empathic power can tell something is there... "Hmm you have eyes for the boss" he says
She immediately denies it... "WHAT NO!... I mean no I don't just he seems nice and that harlot over there may have ill intentions" she says
Joseph laughs to himself... "Tom is not that kind of person, he only has eyes for one person that is the kind of person he is now" he says
Moira's heart sank a little "What kind of person was he before" she asked

Joseph dared not speak as images of what Bruin had showed them all flashed in his mind... "A ruthless conqueror" is all he says
"well if he was that before how are you so sure he changed" she says smiling as that had to be the part of him that killed Drake.

"You say you want to build your own council through what methods, the archons kind of dominate anything magical no council has risen to come close to them" he says.
"Methods ...I don't know but just know some empires are built on faith and good will... others on blood dear phoenix...good doesn't always defeat evil sometimes a dark threat is thwarted by a darker threat" she says thinking about what the ghosts have told her about what is to come.
Joseph pours himself a glass and continues to speak to her as he can't read minds but he's trying to get a good read on her is she friend or foe.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Lynn

< "I've never really heard of land mermaids, though I suppose they exist if you're here." >

"It's...complicated," Lynn replied, stirring her straw. "My mom wanted to see what life up here was like, so she found someone to give her a human identity; but the other merfolk didn't approve, so it's more like her real identity nowadays. She was told to stay away from their city. To make matters more complicated, she found out a little later that she was pregnant. I wouldn't trade my upbringing for anything, but as much as water and the ocean feels like a second home, I've never been to Atlantis, or whatever humans would want to call it."

She stopped stirring. "Huh...it feels a little strange telling a bartender my actual life story." It was the good kind.

BasilOwO BasilOwO
~~~
Randy

< “A Budweiser, right?” >

Randy nodded before Charisse walked off. He made a whistling sound after Lucas dumped all that info about her. He nodded. His heart only had room for Roxy romantically, but Charisse was cute enough that he wouldn't have known about her vendetta just by staring at her.

"Speaking of turning...Roxy told me a little about what happened. How the culprit was in the pack...She said you put him in his place; Unless he tries something to hurt her again, I don't have a beef with him. But...according to him, the whole thing was an accident. Roxy wants to give him the benefit of the doubt, but you know him better than she does. Was it really an accident? Or do you think he was really gunning for me and she got in the way?"

Gwalihir Gwalihir
~~~
Mai

Mai continued to watch from backstage. "He can't catch a break, can he?" She though, noting all of the distractions that had kept Tom away from talking to Merlin like it seemed like he wanted to. She wanted to chuckle, until she noticed that one lady seemed to get a little star struck. She wasn't sure if it was genuine or an act.

Mai clutched her chest as thoughts she'd never thought she'd have entered her head. "Easy Mai...nothing happened. He's just treating her like a host should..." She needed to trust Tom and distract herself.

"Boys, it's showtime," she said softly to Jeff and George. She cast an illusion on stage that made everything on it black and white, like a noir film. She stepped out on stage last and started to sing. Once she reached the chorus, she dispelled the illusion; allowing color to return and manifested her kitsune tail.

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Zenkai27 Zenkai27
Tag all

She chuckled, shaking her head. Of course it felt strange, considering it felt strange to be listening to the life story of someone she had just met. "I see.. I could tell you what happened to me, but I'm not fully sure myself, just that I'm not human and that I was turned by a lone wolf.." She trailed of, handing another patron his drink.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

<< "Unfortunately, I don't think you're very likely to find out." >>

Merlin gave her a mock pout. “So certain, and the night so young? Surely I must have lost some of my charm. How unfortunate!” he lamented. “So: what is your lesser poison of choice? Perhaps second time’s the charm…”

<< Carmilla snickered at his comment about Tom and tilted her head towards his approach, giving him the warmest smile her cold countenance could muster. >>

Being a vampire with his full senses intact, Tom had heard every word of their conversation in spite of being distracted by the rowdies and Moira. Finally having found a clear path he walked up to the table, glaring at Carmilla and finally focusing on Merlin.

“Good evening, Merril. I see you have met one of my eldest acquaintances, and I do mean, eldest.

“I have something for you. Please accept it with a bit of ceremony. ‘Quod ego do tibi gratias gratis.’ Don’t let anyone else touch it, or they’re in for a big shock.” He handed over the amulet shaped like a celtic cross, carved in marble.

Merlin frowned as he accepted the amulet. “What are you blithering about? Was I not given to understand that you’ve been around for hundreds of years? This gorgeous young filly hardly deserves such an appellation.”

As he placed the silver chain of the amulet around his neck, there came a visible transformation of his features. It was indefinable, but he suddenly appeared more alert, more sage, more aware. He turned a penetrating gaze on Carmilla. His jovial manner quietly faded to looks of chagrin, sorrow, regret and disappointment.

“I see…” he exclaimed softly. “It seems that I am not the only one concealing some aspect of my identity. Allow me to inquire, my dear: are you such as he, dead yet living lo, these many centuries? And did our tete a tete have some goal besides diversion and idle conversation?”

<< "Speaking of turning...Roxy told me a little about what happened. How the culprit was in the pack...She said you put him in his place; Unless he tries something to hurt her again, I don't have a beef with him. But...according to him, the whole thing was an accident. Roxy wants to give him the benefit of the doubt, but you know him better than she does. Was it really an accident? Or do you think he was really gunning for me and she got in the way?" >>

Lucas contemplated the question for a bit. “Yeah, you could say I put him in his place. I busted up his leg so he has to walk around on crutches until the next full moon heals him. But that’s partly because he was dumb enough to challenge my authority. Can’t have that in a pack, right, fellas?”

There was general assent at the table.

“It shows a very generous nature on your part not to hold a grudge when he hurt Roxy like he did. And especially given that he was attacking you. I mean, it’s not like he went to scratch his nose and slipped and turned her. He was attacking the two of you, knowing that any injury could either result in your deaths or turnings. Now he says he was trying to scare you off. Does that make sense? Why would he have to come all the way into your camp and take a swipe at you? Couldn’t he have scared you more easily howling from the nearest hilltop, or just showing his face at the edge of your firelight?

“So: let’s suppose that he wasn’t just trying to scare you off his land. Was he trying to kill you, or injure you? If he were trying to kill you, why didn’t he succeed? Surely not because _Roxy_ got in his way! She may be a cute redhead, but she’s no Red Sonja. If he wanted you dead, he’d have kept on coming. If he wanted you turned, he’d have kept on coming. If he’d wanted _her_ dead, he’d have kept on coming. So why did he stop? Because he got what he wanted.

“So the next question is, why would he want to turn Roxy? Simple answer, if you know anything about the Pack. Men get turned three times more often than women because men are more likely to put themselves in harm’s way. And nobody’s born a werewolf, so that ratio stays true. But here comes a little cutie pie camping out on his back door, he knows if he turns her that’s one more female in the Pack: and maybe he’s got the idea he can bid for her in three month’s time. So, there ya go.”

Albert cleared his throat. “I say one of us gives Randy a _hearty_ old backslap, and he joins the Pack next full moon so he can fight for his girl himself. Whaddya say, Bossman?”

Lucas shrugged. “It may come down to that. But not yet. We may need Randy in a human capacity between now and then. Let’s hold off just a bit longer. That’s not a ‘no,’ Randy: that’s a ‘wait and see.’”

(tag all)

Carmilla Karnstein

Carmilla heard Merlin's retort but the hole Tom was burning in her skull made it difficult to respond.
She pit her smile against his glare but the stalemate was broken when he shifted his attention to Merlin.

<< “Good evening, Merril. I see you have met one of my eldest acquaintances, and I do mean, eldest. >>

She pursed her lips to one side, looking away as he made comments about her age. He didn't have to be so aggressive.
She'd never wrong him, not directly anyway. Though, her subsequent romping around the nearby area that came after her visits might be bad for business, she supposed.
Karnstein turned to face Merlin as well.
"And yet you treat me like a stranger..." she added towards Tom.

<< “I have something for you. Please accept it with a bit of ceremony. ‘Quod ego do tibi gratias gratis.’ Don’t let anyone else touch it, or they’re in for a big shock.” He handed over the amulet shaped like a celtic cross, carved in marble. >>

Carmilla eyed the amulet with a subdued intrigue. She was incredibly interested in it, but didn't want to make that terribly obvious.
She was clearly already on thin ice as it was. Being torn to ribbons by amulet clad lackeys wasn't the ideal end to her night.
The applications of the amulet as a way to circumvent the safety of the Last Castle were very compelling however.
She'd definitely bring this information home with her.

<< As he placed the silver chain of the amulet around his neck, there came a visible transformation of his features. It was indefinable, but he suddenly appeared more alert, more sage, more aware. He turned a penetrating gaze on Carmilla. His jovial manner quietly faded to looks of chagrin, sorrow, regret and disappointment. >>

Merlin's scrutiny cooled the feigned warmth of her gaze to a frigidity.
The centuries of what only be characterized as evil had hollowed her.
While wearing the amulet the only thing warm about her was the glow of her eyes.

Feeling vulnerable, she was dead serious now, her expression equally dead.
Carmilla leaned back into her seat, running a hand through her wavy hair to part it more to one side.
She crossed her arms and legs in one fluid motion and waited to react.
"All good things-..." she mused quietly.

<< “I see…” he exclaimed softly. “It seems that I am not the only one concealing some aspect of my identity. Allow me to inquire, my dear: are you such as he, dead yet living lo, these many centuries? And did our tete a tete have some goal besides diversion and idle conversation?” >>

She wasn't embarrassed by the ousting. If the mortal pleas of countless inamoratas didn't phase her, the disenchantment of an old man wouldn't either.
What moved her was a bit of intimidation.
Humans had traditionally been very quick to destroy her sort when given the chance.
If Merlin suddenly felt in him the will to do he could be liable to strike her down. Especially, now that she's at her most helpless. Lord knows she'd be more than deserving.

All she had come to do was a little recon and to extend an invitation to Tom.
Enjoying herself some with Merlin had been a treat and now it was over.
After a moment, she decided to talk her way out.
"Initially, I came here to speak to Thomas about something." she started, her eyes drifting from on low to meet his.
"I didn't have any intent with you, I just found you amusing company. It is a bar after all..."
She paused for a moment before continuing, deciding to be straightforward. Hopefully, it would counteract his preconceptions of her and condition as a vampire.
"I'll admit, I had an idea about who you were...and this-" she said, nodding to the amulet. "All but confirms it."

She glanced at Tom with a tinge of disfavor and then back at Merlin.
"I may have used you to lure Thomas in. But, our 'tête á tête' was genuine, believe me."
Carmilla said truth, while omitting the unnecessary information.
They didn't need to know about her ALL her inner machinations.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Moira looked over at Tom and Merlin as they were speaking to the woman it seems that their body language had changed the woman's flirtatious smile had seemed to vanish.
Moira continued talking to Joseph as he filled her in on Bruin...
At first she thought he could be a great asset but he lost to Tom and anyone who wanted Toms life was not someone she wanted to help but if she could rid him of his trauma all to get the Kitsune and Tom into the fold then so be it.
"Joseph how is it that a vampire has the loyalty of werewolves and other Creatures don't you wonder about that he is really special it seems" she says.

Joseph thought for a moment.. "I never gave it much thought he has that once in a lifetime quality that you don't see anywhere" he replied

"It seems so he'd make a wonderful king" she says under her breath...
"Anyway as for your friend I'll help as long as you hold your end and allow me to talk with the Kitsune at least" she says.

Joseph agrees once more and gets up leaving Moira in the booth alone.
He quickly finds Mai... "Hey Mai I know you're a little busy at the moment but when you have the chance can I speak with you" he says

Moira sat contemplating and drinking ... thinking about what the ancestors said about what's to come... Looking at the woman locking eyes with her for a moment... The shroud was bothersome although she had centuries of life experience without her powers she could not be sure if the woman was a part of the dark prophecy. One thing was sure was that she had to prepare.

Gwalihir Gwalihir Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Lynn

Lynn worked on finishing her drinks. She turned her attention to the stage as music started to play. "Woah!" she exclaimed as she noticed everything on the stage was black and white. Was that the doing of someone's magic? She nearly spit her water as the colors returned and a kitsune tail appeared. She hadn't expected to see one, assuming they were all in Japan.

"This place is awesome! How'd you find a kitsune?" she asked Sam, before she started to vibe with the music.

BasilOwO BasilOwO
~~~
Randy

A thoughtful expression appeared on Randy's face. Altheus was looking to secure a mate? The explanation made sense, but...

"There were two other women camping with us, Bella and Cassidy. Altheus took quite the gamble charging at me; maybe he thought one of the ladies liked me, or picked up on Roxy's crush somehow, but it could have been Steven who got in the way...making the situation messier if he really was after one of the ladies."

A determined look burned in his eyes. "He was lucky, but he also made a mistake. Now that I'm in the picture, there's no way in hell I'm going to let the history between Roxy and I to go to waste."

Gwalihir Gwalihir
~~~
Mai

Mai nodded as she heard Joseph. She muted her microphone. "Find me backstage," she told him. After turning her microphone back on, she finished up her blues-y set.

She walked backstage, were Joseph was hopefully waiting for her or would arrive shortly.

"Something on your mind?" she asked him

Zenkai27 Zenkai27

She shrugged, leaning back. “I believe she’s Tom’s lover, if I can remember correctly. I don’t really like nor do I trust her, but that may just be me.” She murmured, turning behind her to grab a beer. She slid it over to the mermaid, “and that’s on the house. Something nice for your first night.. Though I’m sure you could talk to her if you got the chance. Her name’s Mai so call her that.”

<< After a moment, she decided to talk her way out.

"Initially, I came here to speak to Thomas about something." she started, her eyes drifting from on low to meet his.

"I didn't have any intent with you, I just found you amusing company. It is a bar after all..." >>

Merlin’s expression softened somewhat as she recounted her side of the story. He glanced up at Tom, that penetrating gaze focused on the elder vampire.

<< "I'll admit, I had an idea about who you were...and this-" she said, nodding to the amulet. "All but confirms it." >>

His attention back on her, Merlin nodded, fingering the amulet. “No harm in that, is there, old man? Not like she conspired against us. If she came to speak openly with you, where would be the harm in hearing her out?”

Tom glowered. “I can think of nothing this woman might say which would appeal to me. But for your sake, I will hear her out.”

<< "I may have used you to lure Thomas in. But, our 'tête á tête' was genuine, believe me." >>

A hint of a smile returned to Merlin’s face. “Thank you for that, milady. If you would, Tom: let us hear what she has to say…”

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

<< "There were two other women camping with us, Bella and Cassidy. Altheus took quite the gamble charging at me; maybe he thought one of the ladies liked me, or picked up on Roxy's crush somehow, but it could have been Steven who got in the way...making the situation messier if he really was after one of the ladies." >>

Lucas’ eyebrows rose. “This is the first I’ve heard of there being other witnesses to the attack besides you and Roxy. Are you sure none of them figured out that Altheus was something other than a normal animal?

“Motivations be damned, if Altheus took that kind of risk with the Veil, he’s got an ass-whuppin’ coming his way like nobody’s business.

“This really clouds things up. I can’t imagine what would have made him that desperate, that he would have entered a camp and attacked five full-grown humans. I’m not saying he has a death wish, because even with five humans present there is virtually no chance of any of them having a weapon that could affect him. But come to think of it, he had to know I would hear about it: maybe he does have a death wish. I might have to oblige.”

<< A determined look burned in his eyes. "He was lucky, but he also made a mistake. Now that I'm in the picture, there's no way in hell I'm going to let the history between Roxy and I to go to waste." >>

Lucas chuckled at that. “Damn, boy: you really know how to twist the screws. Even as bad as we need ya human, how can I stand between you two and true love?”

Then he shut up, looking thoughtful. It was a while before he spoke up.

“We’ve survived as a Pack a long time without needing a mascot. We can survive again. You and Roxy, figure out how you want her to turn you, preferably without too much pain involved, and go get her done. If you want it to be some kinda Pack ceremony, I’m sure everyone but Altheus would be happy to oblige.”

Carmilla Karnstein

She gave Merlin a thankful look, one that melted like wax on an iron into an equally heated look towards Tom.
"I'm not here to appeal to you." She said matter-of-factly, meeting his tone with a similar bite. Carmilla, didn't look at him as she spoke. Her tone and body language showed disdain as opposed to fear.
"If you insist on being a lout then fine..." she said reaching into her purse.
From within it she drew a tiny scroll, sealed with red wax. The seal had the same monstrous face as the "key" had had.
She held it out, looking off to her side waiting for Tom to take it from her.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

JOSEPH

Joseph acknowledged Mai as she finished her bluesy set and he clapped vigorously as did a majority of the patrons.
Joseph had signaled Moira over to him and as she was making her way he decider to inform Mai on who she was and her interest to meet her.
"There is a woman here I don't know if you saw her out in the crowd but she is a priestess named Moira and has great interest in magical beings and with you being a Kitsune and I a Phoenix she has interest in the both of us as well as agreed to help quell Bruins rage towards Tom" he says to her even though he did even think she cared much about the Bruin part but he mentioned it anyway.

Mai had a little moment to digest what he told her before Moira appeared and casually walked up to the Duo..."oh my your even more stunning up close then on the stage..." She says looking at Mai quite intrigued by her...
After the compliment she continues... "Althought you do not know me but I wanted an audience with you because you are a rare sight just like the Phoenix and I will not lie when I say my past is one of honor but there are many threats out there some yet to come and I could use your power and help expand it to take down the chauvinist Archons who horde magic keeping it for themselves and passing it on to those they seem fit. I stood against them and they saw me as a threat using a vampire lord to kill a majority of my sister's as they banished me. I can show you magic to make you achieve your greatest desire all I as is that you join my efforts as you being a Kitsune have vast wells of untapped power" she says.

Moira spoke her peace and waited for Mai to respond surely she would understand where she was coming from if she ever came across the Archons ...also the looming threat that was yet to come.
Moira had to act fast and bring them into the fold as she remembered what the Archons did to her but also remembers Drake and wondered how was a vampire he sired able to kill him that was unheard of she needed to question Tom once she was able to just battle prowess was not enough to kill a lord...
"Oh and I have one question the owner Tom is he anything to you the Phoenix had said he only had eyes for one woman and I cannot see anyone in here that someone of his caliber would be entertaining"

Joseph was a little taken back by that question she really just asked Mai what is Tom to her although Joseph did not know exactly with his powers restored he knows there's something there as to if they belong to one another who knows as he is not in their private quarters and he is fairly new to the group.

Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Lynn

"Thanks," Lynn said, accepting the on-the-house beer.

"This Tom guy...is he your boss?" she asked between sips.

BasilOwO BasilOwO
~~~
Mai

Mai frowned at the mention of Bruin. If he got the help he needed, it would make things easier for Tom, but... "I hope you didn't speak for me, I'm not going to be a pawn for some witch," she told Joseph.

She tried to be pleasant when Moira appeared, but she was also the woman she had spotted fawning over Tom. Her smile turned more smug as she listened to the priestess.

"As entertaining going against the Archons sounds, I'm not interested. I don't need your magic to achieve my goals."

Her question about Tom turned her smug smile into a frown. She stepped closer to Moira and crossed her arms as she got in her face. "Tom is the one man I care about. Don't toy with him."

Moira hadn't mentioned any unknown threat, so Mai had an impression that Moira was an enemy, or at least she was going to be a trouble maker.

"If Tom's on board with your little scheme, then I'll help, but I'd be keeping an eye on you. A word of warning; Merlin is alive and has just entered the Archon circle. He's new to this era, but if he finds something he doesn't like about them, I'm sure he'd act on it."

Mai left in a hurry and found an empty seat at a bar. She needed a drink. "A Cassis Orange."

Zenkai27 Zenkai27 BasilOwO BasilOwO
~~~
Randy

"We were camping with our band mates," Randy replied. "We've all went our separate ways for college. I don't think they suspect anything, not that I can tell them anyway." As far as he knew, he was the only normal human in Roxy's friend/family group that knew about this werewolf business; he was the only one that had dropped everything to be with her.

"You mean it?" Randy asked. Did he hear Lucas right? "Thank you, sir." He stood up, taking his new beer with him. "Let's make it a ceremony Altheus won't forget."

With a determined look in his eyes, he walked off to find Roxy. He found her returning a used tray.

"I've got some good news. Lucas gave his permission to turn me."

"H...he did?" Roxy asked, sounding surprised. She trusted Randy; he didn't have a reputation of lying.

"We're swamped right now...wait for closing and then take me home. We can do it then," she blushed. "And I mean my apartment," she added, clarifying. She hadn't lived there long; Randy could have thought of her family home instead.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

MOIRA

Moira saw Mai's face upon en countering her and she clearly did not like Moira at all. All that being said it seems that Mai had declined her offer but the part that got under her skin was how she referred to Tom and Merlin as if she could not handle a little competition for Tom but Merlin siding with the Archons could be a issue as she didn't know how close Tom was to Merlin or if the Archons have Tom as an ally.

She was quite disturbed by Mai so she turned to Joseph "That woman is quite frustrating but I won't harbor any ill will for now at least with what's yet to come she will see that she will need me Merlin alone can't save her" she says.

Joseph looked at her... "What ever your ancient spirits told you is coming I'm sure Mai won't put your desire for Tom in the way of doing what is right if it is true" he says.
"Oh it's true phoenix scout my soul and you will see that all I speak is True" she says to him and Joseph is not picking up on any lies with his powers so this was disconcerting...he had to tell Tom...and Mai being who she is seems to only care for Tom.

"Well I will be off I'm not in the mood to be in the same dwelling as that woman I will create a portal a short ways away from the shroud you can inform Tom and your friends how to come to my domain" she says abruptly leaving passing by Mai and stopping to say... "You seem to care for him yet you allow that woman over there to hold his audience for quite sometime maybe your caring lacks action trickster spirit" she says before leaving grabbing a patrons drink from the bar and drinking it and slamming the glass back on the table before they could get and and giving them a death stare so that they knew not to confront her.

After leaving the bar Moira made sure she was a good distance from the shroud before saying a spell that contorted two trees into a gateway to her home that she had tasked her priestess sisters to work on while she was gone.
Entering the mansion the sisters bowed to her greeting her but Moira was clearly upset... "THAT LITTLE TRICKSTER FOX THINKS SHE CAN TALK TO ME AS SHE PLEASES UGGHHH IF NOT FOR THAT SHROUD I MIGHT HAVE LOST MY TEMPER!" She yelled pacing her sisters afraid to ask her was was wrong as furniture was being destroyed left and right by the aura of her power....
Victoria stood forward... "Dear queen we are at your side were you possibly unsuccessful in gaining Sir Thomas of Avalon's confidence?"

"It wasn't him.. he's quite intriguing actually I must say it's this Kitsune that appears to be his lover it seems.. but I won't let her get under my skin I still must prepare but get me all the information you can on Thomas of Avalon I need to know his lineage...also get all the sisters looking for any word on any Vampire ancients that have risen now leave me" she says as Victoria rushes out shutting the door behind her as hellish black wolves spawn from the shadows..."keep watch outside the last castle keep from the shroud anything off return to me" she says ordering her wolves to scout for her as they disappeared back into the shadows.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Gwalihir Gwalihir

BasilOwO BasilOwO : please post when you can...

<< "If you insist on being a lout then fine..." she said reaching into her purse.
From within it she drew a tiny scroll, sealed with red wax. The seal had the same monstrous face as the "key" had had. >>

“A phylactery?” inquired Merlin: “I had not the slightest thought you might be Jewish.”

Tom shook his head, his expression intent. “Not exactly, old man. Let’s see exactly what the note within it says, but I have a pretty good guess.”

He accepted the scroll and broke the seal, unrolling it and reading from it. His expression turned quite grave.

“Sorry, my friend: it seems there is an errand I must attend to shortly. Surely any of our business can wait for a day or two.”

Merlin’s eyes narrowed. “You really don’t want to do this, do you?”

Tom shook his head. “I do not. But by my oath and my honor, I am bound to go. Carmilla: I presume you have appropriate transportation available? Give me an hour or two to straighten things out here, then I’ll be with you.”

He turned to walk back in the direction he had come, sorting through priorities in his mind. Looking about, he saw neither the lady who had assisted him earlier nor Mai, who had apparently finished her set. Having no idea what had happened with the blonde lady, he shrugged and headed backstage to catch up with Mai.

<< Mai left in a hurry and found an empty seat at a bar. She needed a drink. "A Cassis Orange." >>

Tom went in one door a moment after Mai had left by the other. He was surprised to see Joseph standing back there as if having just concluded a conversation.

“Hello! I must say, I was expecting Mai. But regardless: how is your evening going?”

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide , shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , Zenkai27 Zenkai27

JOSEPH

Joseph looked at Tom with wide eyes "My evening is very interesting I must say. It seems that Mai did not appreciate Moira's offer to aid her in creating a new council possibly because she saw her making eyes at you so she left as to not cause a problem with Mai" he said to Tom
Joseph pointed to where Mai was...
"Well Mai is over there but the priestess Moira left directions to meet with her just outside the bar away from the shroud. She turned a path between two trees as a portal to reach her quickly I guess and despite everything it seems that she really had important business with you and I will look into it on my own but you look like you've alot on your mind as you should" he says.

Joseph could feel something wrong with Tom maybe it was just him stressing but he could either go talk with Mai or go see the Priestess or was this feeling something else. Joseph did not pry as he would respect Toms privacy.

meanwhile.... At Moira's home Priestesses were cleaning the entrance way there was a rune on the floor that was where visitors would appear to arrive and it also served as a exit to where they desire.
Moira was pacing around reading to research potential ancient forces.

<< “...It seems that Mai did not appreciate Moira's offer to aid her in creating a new council possibly because she saw her making eyes at you so she left as to not cause a problem with Mai." Joseph said to Tom. >>

Tom’s eyebrows rose. “‘Create a new Council?’ Council of what? And what would she have wanted with me? I’m not on any ‘Council…’ This doesn’t make sense.”

<< "Well Mai is over there but the priestess Moira left directions to meet with her just outside the bar away from the shroud. She turned a path between two trees as a portal to reach her quickly I guess and despite everything it seems that she really had important business with you... >>

Tom spotted Mai over by Sammy and a newcomer, and could tell from the body language that Mai was obviously pissed. He sighed. “Important business or no, think I’d better check in with Mai before running out there, try to avoid any problems with Mai myself. Thank you for keeping track and letting me know.”

He came back out from the backstage area and walked straight over the Mai (as the crowd allowed). He gave her a worried smile. “Hey, there. I hear somebody ruffled your feathers a bit. You okay?”

He sighed. “Yes, there is some woman who said she needs to speak with me. Joseph said you talked to her, and it didn’t go too well. Are you going to be upset with me if I at least find out directly what she wants? You’re more than welcome to come with me when I do…”

Tom nodded at Sammy as she brought out Mai’s Cassis Orange. “Nice job there, Sammy. That’s a pretty drink.

“Been meaning to tell you thank you for yesterday, both you watching my back and protecting Azalea. We couldn’t have afforded to lose her, and everyone else was too focused on their own stuff to worry about her. I’m glad you had the sense to watch over her. Thank you again.”

Meanwhile, downstairs just outside the bar Azalea was starting to pace, waiting not so patiently any more for Carmilla to come down...

And just like that, the songstress was sitting next to her. As much as Lynn wanted to compliment the kitsune, she looked pissed about something. She could hear Tom talking to her. Trying to mind her own business, Lynn payed for her drinks and left a ten dollar tip for Sammy under one of the empty glasses. She flashed the bartender a smile before walking off; there was still a lot of the bar that she hadn't explored yet.

~~~
Mai hadn't looked at Moira as she put one last remark in before leaving. What did she know about love? Tom didn't seem happy about seeing the other woman (Carmilla). It looked like there was some bad blood between them; Mai didn't think there'd be any sparks flying between them tonight.

Mai took a big swig of her drink. "I'll be fine...," she said, still looking a little angry. "I don't know what the pheonix saw in her, but I don't trust her. She wants to pick a fight with the archons. I don't know what her beef is, but I think now is a bad time to be making any hasty moves. I tried to warm her about Merlin; if she waited long enough, he might find some dirt worth acting on, but I think she misunderstood..."

Mai stood up and put her hands on Tom's shoulders. "I will say this. I don't want to be a pawn in her game, but if it'll help you to talk to her, you better take me along. You have terrible luck, tiger; you're going to need a good luck charm." She smirked at Tom, then got up on her tip-toes to plant a kiss on his lips.

BasilOwO BasilOwO Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< “...I don't trust her. She wants to pick a fight with the archons. I don't know what her beef is, but I think now is a bad time to be making any hasty moves. I tried to warm her about Merlin…” >>

Tom’s eyebrows rose at that. “Is that what she meant about creating a new Council? She thinks she can end-run the Archons?”

He looked down at the scroll in his hand and sighed. “I’m caught in an 80’s song, Mai: ‘Everybody wants to rule the world.’ “

<< ...if it'll help you to talk to her, you better take me along. You have terrible luck, tiger; you're going to need a good luck charm." She smirked at Tom, then got up on her tip-toes to plant a kiss on his lips. >>

Tom mock pouted at that. “How do I have terrible luck? I have you, don’t I?” He smiled at her efforts to get her lips up to his, standing tall and teasing her with his lips for a moment before planting a gentle kiss on hers.

“Let’s stop by Merlin’s table for just a moment on the way out; then we can go.”

He led the way, nodding to Merlin as they approached, then to Carmilla. “Some other urgent business: this may take an hour, at most two, then I’ll be ready to go. Merlin, if you don’t mind continuing to entertain our guest…?”

Merlin nodded. “It shall be my pleasure.”

He turned to Carmilla with a slight smile on his lips. “My offer of libations still stands, as long as it does not involve anything from my veins or excessive draws against my pocketbook. What else might you care for, milady?”

Tom led the way downstairs and was surprised to see Azalea standing at the bottom.

“Hello! No more sets tonight?”

Azalea shook her head. “I was waiting for your companion to come down: the blonde lady you were talking to?”

Tom shook his head. “Won’t be happening for another hour or so, not until I’m back: Merlin is entertaining her as we speak. If you have something to say to her, you’ll need to approach her yourself.”

Again Azalea shook her head. “That would be… indiscreet. Mai, if you’re done singing for the moment, I’ll go back up. See you soon.”

And so Azalea went back up the stairs, stopping by the bar on her way to speak to Sammy. “Sorry, sugar. Had to catch some air. I’m getting back to my set now, but I’ll catch up with you in a bit, okay?”

Tom led the way outside, looking around until he saw two trees that seemed to have a very different view between them than around them. “Think I saw that trick in ‘Prince Caspian.’ We, if it works for C.S. Lewis, I suppose it works for us.”

They waited for traffic, crossed the street, and entered the portal…

Zenkai27 Zenkai27 , BasilOwO BasilOwO , Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide , shadowdude505 shadowdude505

EVERYBODY PLEASE READ MY LATEST POST IN OOC, CONCERNING SITE BACKUP IN CASE OF FURTHER OUTAGES...

Moira

1618161207962.png

Moira stood in a younger form as she wasn't expecting anyone so soon as the gateway glowed and Tom arrived to her surprise and the other Priestesses greeted him. She usually didn't stay in her younger form because she was never taken seriously but Tom arrived so suddenly ... she looked next to him and saw Mai also but she didn't make a big deal about it.
"I was not expecting you so soon" she said guiding them to a room where they can sit and talk. The large mansion had a regal room where they can all sit and Tom could stay near Moira.

Despite everything she was happy to see Tom, as she sat down she looked at the two and kindly gestured them to sit. "I am sorry for our previous encounter Mai and with that being said I do not think you know what I asked of you" she says covering the room in darkness... This was to show them her memories of being sealed by the Archons and most of her priestess sisters being killed by drake.
"Just wanted to show you why I have a vendetta against the Archon's but you Descendent of Lancelot your special due to your bloodline which is no surprise as you were able to defeat Baron Drake. The Archon's saw me as a threat that could be their equal and they wanted to have complete control over magic, now I understand that to you they may be kind but to me they are enemies. Tom I need your help as well because unfortunately even with the power that I have gained there is something coming and I need that Ruthless Tom of Avalon by my side" she says

The shadows recede into her body... she knows that Tom most likely won't agree to help her. "I don't expect you to agree to an alliance especially if it might mean you making a enemy of the Archons as your friend Merlin is now one of them but the fact that you have such power and The Last Castle seems to have greater secrets I must ask for your help" she says to the two.

Mai followed close beside Tom and took a seat. She crossed her legs and cupped her hands near her knee.

“An unknown threat? Something evil?” Mai asked after Moira had explained herself. Maybe that’s why the Phoenix seemed to trust her. “You should have lead with that.”

Mai could understand the vendetta against the Archons, but it still didn’t sit right with her; were they even comprised of the same people from centuries ago?

“I’m still wary about toppling the Archons. We might need them for what’s coming,” she said, mostly to Tom. “If you think there’s something beneficial here, I’ll follow your lead; just be careful about becoming a pawn in someone else’s game.”

Gwalihir Gwalihir Zenkai27 Zenkai27

<< Moira stood in a younger form… "I was not expecting you so soon" she said… >>

Tom raised an eyebrow at the greeting and was about to inquire for Moira when he suddenly realized that this younger lady was displaying all the mannerisms of Moira, and must be her.

“Moira? Has it been so long? The years have been kind,” he joked dryly.

<< "I am sorry for our previous encounter Mai and with that being said I do not think you know what I asked of you" she says covering the room in darkness… >>

Tom was prepared to give Moira a chance to explain any misunderstandings: it would clear things up for him as well, of course. He nearly took a seat, but when the room plunged into darkness he jerked upright once more, tense and prepared for any attack.

<< This was to show them her memories of being sealed by the Archons and most of her priestess sisters being killed by Drake.

"Just wanted to show you why I have a vendetta against the Archons, but you, Descendent of Lancelot, are special due to your bloodline: which is no surprise, as you were able to defeat Baron Drake. “ >>

Tom relaxed as the images of memories passed through the darkened room. He saw his old nemesis, and the bloodshed he ravaged upon the priestesses, and shared in Moira’s pain. But he smiled as she ascribed his victory to his relation to his grandfather.

“Some strength of character I may have gained from my background, but it was the gypsy priest who freed me from Drake’s control. From there it was only a matter of strategy: to pretend to still be his servant until we stood alone, and strike when he did not expect. Even a devious child might have done so at will, given that which was given to me. ”

<< I understand that to you they may be kind but to me they are enemies. Tom I need your help as well because unfortunately even with the power that I have gained there is something coming and I need that Ruthless Tom of Avalon by my side" she says… >>

<< “An unknown threat? Something evil?” Mai asked after Moira had explained herself. Maybe that’s why the Phoenix seemed to trust her. “You should have lead with that.” >>

Tom felt his compassion extending to her, but he knew well the path he had chosen already, and this was not it. He took note of her comment: “there is something coming,” but her next words set him on edge.

“Never have I been ‘ruthless,’ save during that time when I was under Drake’s control and mindlessly following his orders. You have mistaken my nature due to this one success against the darkness.”

<< “I’m still wary about toppling the Archons. We might need them for what’s coming,” she said, mostly to Tom. “If you think there’s something beneficial here, I’ll follow your lead; just be careful about becoming a pawn in someone else’s game.” >>

Tom listened and nodded to Mai, but then resumed speaking to Moira. “I will not say that I have any love lost towards the Archons, but nor have I any cause but yours to count them as enemies: and these Archons are most certainly different from those under whose hands you suffered this abuse so many years ago. So I do not say that these are free of all taint, but they are not the ones responsible for that which was done to you. And Mai has a point: if there is some great evil coming we may need them as allies, not enemies.”

<< "I don't expect you to agree to an alliance especially if it might mean you making a enemy of the Archons as your friend Merlin is now one of them… >>

Tom nodded. “Then you understand well. Unless the Archons plan some attack or deviousness against myself or Merlin, I have no reason to post myself against them. I shall not defend them: in your case, I shall remain neutral. But I ask you to consider: will vengeance serve your purpose, or take focus from it? Consider what you want to accomplish in the end, and what bridges to that end you may burn if you choose revenge first.”

<< ...but the fact that you have such power and The Last Castle seems to have greater secrets I must ask for your help" she says to the two. >>

“I will make no promise, but tell us what kind of help you have in mind,” he replied: “and I will consider whether it is in our best interests or no. Is that acceptable?”

Samantha had spared Azalea a small glance, choosing to avoid any fight she may start with the older woman. Her anxiety had sparked on the busy and packed Saturday evening, as seen in her small, stiff movements. The freckled female spun on her heel, grabbing a patron a beer as asked. She chose to flash him a wary smile, making her seem well, calm and collected, ready to face whatever was to come. However, that wasn't true, was it? She was in one of her worst moods, something she hasn't felt since she had left her home months ago. She should feel more at home here, but she felt homesick knowing that her parents had put up the fact that she was missing, when in reality, she chose to disappear. To pretend like she had been killed on one of her trips to the forest and yet that wasn't the case, was it? She had learned to bartend to get by, and now, she found herself about to lose it. Shoving past the other bartenders, she made her way to a more secluded part of the bar, sitting down. Her head rested in her hands, and her mind raced.

Moira

Moira stood up after hearing Tom's words... "HOW NAIVE" She says slightly upset that Tom makes excuses as to his defeat of Drake and the ruthless nature he had when he was under his control.

she calms herself to regain her composure... "You cannot trust the Archons they will side with any force that will keep them in power once your of no use to them. You are being too humble a Vampire of Drake's caliber would still overpower you his senses, reaction time , regeneration, transformation" she says pacing.
she saw that it was no use trying to convince Tom although he had all the qualities of a conqueror like many noble kings in history but in truth were ruthless themselves although good to their people.

she sat down once again..
<< “Then you understand well. Unless the Archons plan some attack or deviousness against myself or Merlin, I have no reason to post myself against them. I shall not defend them: in your case, I shall remain neutral. But I ask you to consider: will vengeance serve your purpose, or take focus from it? Consider what you want to accomplish in the end, and what bridges to that end you may burn if you choose revenge first.”>>
She heard Tom out "Well Tom please seek me out as a ally if your in need and I appreciate you hearing me out but this is not solely about revenge this is about oppression and how they keep power out of the hands of women not just Priestess... As for the coming darkness I don't know much other than it being vampiric possibly older than me but at times good does not always conquer dark sometimes you need to look into the darkness that resides in your very soul and that goes for both of you. I am not asking you to slaughter them I am asking for you to stand with me as that ruthless version of yourself that was controlled by Drake was not a implanted personality" she says.

"Well I will go about preparing for what is to come but I must warn I am no saint if my methods by chance make us enemies one day then I pray it never comes to that in the meantime I hope we can return to your establishment the last castle I do enjoy being there" she says smiling.

Mai

While she could picture the Archons of old being misogynistic, she had a hard time believing in Moira’s “fighting against oppression” motive. Maybe it was just because her mindset was different. Mai was content turning men into her playthings, tossed aside when she was bored of them. She never had any dreams of climbing to the top of the magical word.

“Welcome to 2021,” Mai said with a smug grin. “A powerful woman doesn’t have to be front and center to run the show. The oldest trick in the book is making men think they are.”

She tapped her finger against her chin. Thinking back to their encounter with the Archons. There was one woman that had been with them. She gave off a secretary vibe, but Mai wouldn’t be surprised if she was more than that.

“It was nice chatting with you,” Mai said, sounding polite. It seemed like they were done talking.

“After you, tiger,” she said to Tom.

Gwalihir Gwalihir Zenkai27 Zenkai27
~~~
Roxy

After hearing Randy’s news, Roxy was on cloud nine as she worked. She had the biggest smile on her face and the crowded atmosphere didn’t feel as heavy.

She walked over to where Sammy’s general area, indenting to put some bar supplies away. That’s when she noticed Sammy deep in thought. Her big grin faded into something more thoughtful.

“Everything OK?” she asked.

BasilOwO BasilOwO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back