• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy "Last Castle" Bar & Grille OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I should go to bed, but I posted a character sheet. So, while this is at the forefront of my mind...

Gwalihir Gwalihir
I’m thinking maybe Fatima could take Roxy under her wing, and the bar could help her adjust to her new reality/help figure out how to inform her family that she’s still alive.

I’m thinking she’s from a few towns over, but would decide to live near the bar; start a new path in life.

I like Roxy! Funny thing: I was just watching "Welcome Back, Roxy Carmichael" a couple of nights ago! Yes, Fatima would be happy to look after Roxy: she could waitress if she likes, make some good money that way. And certainly we can explore possibilities about how to contact her family, what to let them know. Given the torn clothes she left behind, but no blood, do you think they'd suspect an animal attack or more likely some nasty human predator?

Thanks for joining in!

I like Roxy! Funny thing: I was just watching "Welcome Back, Roxy Carmichael" a couple of nights ago! Yes, Fatima would be happy to look after Roxy: she could waitress if she likes, make some good money that way. And certainly we can explore possibilities about how to contact her family, what to let them know. Given the torn clothes she left behind, but no blood, do you think they'd suspect an animal attack or more likely some nasty human predator?

Thanks for joining in!
Probably a human. You'd think an animal would leave blood behind considering their teeth or claws.

Does that mean I'm free to post?

FWI: I tweaked Roxy’s CS so she’s now legal drinking age.

Mostly writing this so that I don’t forget to incorporate it later. Pretty flexible plan for Roxy’s move in mini-arc.

At some point during her first visit to the bar, I’m thinking the initial news of her disappearance hits the news. Saving the thrift store footage for the next day (afternoon news?) for a “now I really have to call my parents” moment. Maybe they end up reuniting at the thrift store and parents pay for the stolen goods. Parents and friends later help her move her things into her new home (preferably someplace that could tolerate sounds from a drum kit.)

<< FWI: I tweaked Roxy’s CS so she’s now legal drinking age. >>

Good move! That solves a range of problems.

I will say, though, that due to the nature of the bar I wasn't expecting it to have TVs up all over the place. It's not a sports bar: it's more like Cheers for preters. But we can work something out, I am sure. I am just not sure we want her face blasted all over the bar.

We do need to arrange her to live a bit closer to the bar if she's going to be working there. Do you have thoughts on what she's going to give as a reason for this sudden change, maybe something that includes her strange disappearance and behavior? Fatima and Tom may be able to help out: after all, he's an expert on relocating preters.

I have had no other bites so far, so I may drop in Fatima sometime today for their first meeting.

<< FWI: I tweaked Roxy’s CS so she’s now legal drinking age. >>

Good move! That solves a range of problems.

I will say, though, that due to the nature of the bar I wasn't expecting it to have TVs up all over the place. It's not a sports bar: it's more like Cheers for preters. But we can work something out, I am sure. I am just not sure we want her face blasted all over the bar.

We do need to arrange her to live a bit closer to the bar if she's going to be working there. Do you have thoughts on what she's going to give as a reason for this sudden change, maybe something that includes her strange disappearance and behavior? Fatima and Tom may be able to help out: after all, he's an expert on relocating preters.
Maybe the news comes on a radio (?) and Roxy makes a “Oh, shit! They’re talking about me,” face or something. The later news could happen on TV when she’s in a temporary home or what would become her home near the bar, or something.

I’m thinking she’d want to stay to get adjusted to life as a werewolf, but make up the excuse that she fell in love with the town and feels like she needs to be here, she accepted the waitressing job and it would be an unreasonable commute from her parent’s house. I see her being vague with what happened to her once if she tells her parents (personally, I want them to know she’s OK.) Probably claim she was blindfolded, kidnapped, and that the guy had a well trained dog to account for the wolf tracks. Claim she can’t recall much of what happened, it was all too fast, but by the grace of God she must have escaped somehow.

Last edited:
I have had no other bites so far, so I may drop in Fatima sometime today for their first meeting.
Maybe bump the interest thread every once and a while. (I think you can only do it once a day from what I recall from some newer RPN rules.) I feel like this is the kind of RP people would find interesting, it’s just a matter of the thread being seen.

Gwalihir Gwalihir
I’m considering making a Silky (housekeeping fairy) any extra Fey stuff I should know about? How does the determining their age work? She’d probably end up being more of a side character.

I’m thinking she came to America during to prohibition posing as an Irish immigrant and could have crossed paths with Tom. Maybe she works for him as a janitor or cook? Or maybe she housekeeps for him at the houses or apartments he relocates the supernatural to. Is there some kind of housing/apartment complex for the ones that have an easier time passing as human?

I am a little confused. I thought Silkies were skin changer seals? Is that what you meant, or do you have an alternate reference I can look at?

If she is more like a pixie, then she would have matured quickly to a physical age of eighteen, and stayed there. If she is a seal shape-changer, she would age to about 21 and then age one year for every decade after (by now, looks in her thirties unless she was around long before Prohibition).

If she hooked up with Tom, let us make her a housekeeper in the rooms / apartments upstairs of the bar. There are both single bedrooms for the men to bring the ladies to, and one-bedroom studios for very recent preters (they usually find another place in a month or so). Roxy is welcome to accept one of these studios for a short stay (maybe longer if she goes to work here).

Question: do you envision Roxy's whole band joining her here, or just showing up at some point for color?

I am a little confused. I thought Silkies were skin changer seals? Is that what you meant, or do you have an alternate reference I can look at?

If she is more like a pixie, then she would have matured quickly to a physical age of eighteen, and stayed there. If she is a seal shape-changer, she would age to about 21 and then age one year for every decade after (by now, looks in her thirties unless she was around long before Prohibition).

If she hooked up with Tom, let us make her a housekeeper in the rooms / apartments upstairs of the bar. There are both single bedrooms for the men to bring the ladies to, and one-bedroom studios for very recent preters (they usually find another place in a month or so). Roxy is welcome to accept one of these studios for a short stay (maybe longer if she goes to work here).

Question: do you envision Roxy's whole band joining her here, or just showing up at some point for color?
Selkie is the seal one. Silky is a type of Brownie fairy according to the wiki I found.

Here's another explanation I just found.
According to the book The Fairy Bible: The Definitive Guide to the World of Fairies written by Teresa Moorey, the Silky is a female fairy from the borders of Scotland, known to "wear rustling silk as she does household chores" and "terrorizes lazy servants."
https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Silky

As for her whole band, I went through the trouble to give them all names, but as I was making a CS for Randy I ended up going for an everyone is pursuing their own life thing. I'm not sure if they're all going to be together after helping her move in, if they even can, considering it sounds like normal humans aren't aware of the bar. Might have to scrap the idea, or maybe her parents and Randy just drop off some boxes of her clothes; return her phone and wallet when they meet at the thrift store to pay for the clothes. I'm thinking after the security footage gets released, her parents would want to take up the hours long drive.

I'm thinking Randy and Roxy were the only two really in it for the music and their high school band (The Rock Dogs) end up going their separate ways. I have a human CS ready for Randy, but the long and short is that Roxy is the crush he secretly had. I see him popping up now and then, trying to tell her how he feels and failing. Then when he finally blurts it out, she kinda rejects him, but only because she's a werewolf. Unless things develop differently, he'd convince her to make him a werewolf when she got the chance and then he'd be like a 2nd player character instead of a side character or NPC.

Gwalihir Gwalihir
Kinda confused why Selkie (the seal shapeshifter) is mentioned here. Maybe the spellings are similar, but it looks like Silkies are more ghost-like fairies that are associated with the house they "haunt" and do household choirs. Might be something here to work with, but I may just scrap the idea. Probably wouldn't do a whole lot with the character, now that I think about it. Might just focus more on the Randy/Roxy thing, but it was an educational experience.

From Wikipedia.

Silkie
A female spirit known as the Silkie or Selkie, who received her name from the fact that she was always dressed in grey silk, appears in English and Scottish folklore.[16][49] Like a ghost, the Silkie is associated with the house rather than the family who lives there,[16] but, like a brownie, she is said to perform chores for the family.[16][49][48] A famous Silkie was reported to haunt Denton Hall in Northumberland.[16] Briggs gives the report of a woman named Marjory Sowerby, who, as a little girl, had spoken with the last remaining Hoyles of Denten Hall, two old ladies, about the Silkie and its kindness to them.[16] They told her that the Silkie would clean the hearth and kindle fires for them.[16] They also mentioned "something about bunches of flowers left on the staircase".[16] Sowerby left the area in around 1902 and, when she returned over half a century later after World War II, the Hoyles were both long dead and the house was owned by a man who did not believe in fairies.[16] The stories about the Silkie were no longer told and instead the house was reputed to be haunted by a vicious poltergeist, who made banging noise and other strange noises and pulled pranks on the man.[16] The man eventually moved out.[16] Briggs calls this an example of a brownie turning into a boggart.[16]

Silkies were also sometimes believed to appear suddenly on roads at night to lonely travellers and frighten them.[48] Another Silkie is said to haunt the grounds of Fardel Hall in Devonshire.[50] This one is said to manifest in the form of a "beautiful young woman with long, golden hair, wearing a long silken gown" and supposedly guards a hoard of treasure buried on the grounds.[50] Few people have seen the spirit, but many claim to have heard the rustling of her silk dress.[50] She is believed to quietly strangle anyone who comes near finding the treasure.[50]

Last edited:
. I dunno if it’s limited to vamps lucana and the other one but Mnonot sure if other species where aloud

. I dunno if it’s limited to vamps lucana and the other one but Mnonot sure if other species where aloud
On the character sheet page, it says to contact the GM with questions about other races powers and weaknesses, so it sounds like you can be other supernatural things; vampires, werewolves, and fae may just be the main three.

On the character sheet page, it says to contact the GM with questions about other races powers and weaknesses, so it sounds like you can be other supernatural things; vampires, werewolves, and fae may just be the main three.

Shadowdude is correct, Professor. We can work in magical humans, anything that qualifies as fae (which is an extensive list), and I am open to other types as long as they aren't too overpowered. By all means let me know what you're thinking, and we'll go from there.

Professor red Professor red shadowdude505 shadowdude505

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 : I like Randy, and I love the fact that he might be one of the few humans who could get into the bar. The distraction spell prevents humans from finding the bar on their own, but would not prevent a preter like Roxy from leading a human in. If he does enter, he will have a unique perspective and be able to view things there very differently from others. As a human, he is not suppressed in any way, and may in fact find some surprising side effects. ;)

Another question for you: do you see Roxy as an Alpha wolf or a Beta? Alphas are the leaders, the main warriors, wannabe leaders, etc. Alphas tend to get into fights on a more or less regular basis. Betas are more laid back, go with the flow, follow the leader. Fatima is a Beta. Alphas don't tend to hassle Betas too much, since they don't see them as a threat.

Give it a little thought: it will affect how Roxy is accepted into the pack.

Another question for you: do you see Roxy as an Alpha wolf or a Beta? Alphas are the leaders, the main warriors, wannabe leaders, etc. Alphas tend to get into fights on a more or less regular basis. Betas are more laid back, go with the flow, follow the leader. Fatima is a Beta. Alphas don't tend to hassle Betas too much, since they don't see them as a threat.

Give it a little thought: it will affect how Roxy is accepted into the pack.
I’m thinking Beta. Being new to the whole werewolf thing, I think she’d be a little intimidated, to what degree depends on how the first meeting goes. She may have taken a “wolf” attack head on, but I’m going to chalk it up to adrenaline and maybe if it wasn’t her, it could have been Randy; implying there might be some mutual feelings. Maybe he was the one that managed to make it flee.

Once Randy (eventually) goes through the werewolf thing, I think he’d end up more of an Alpha, due to what I mentioned above, because he was the leader of the band, and if one of the other wolves tried to test him by making moves on Roxy there’d be a “she’s my girl” moment.

I’m thinking Beta. Being new to the whole werewolf thing, I think she’d be a little intimidated, to what degree depends on how the first meeting goes. She may have taken a “wolf” attack head on, but I’m going to chalk it up to adrenaline and maybe if it wasn’t her, it could have been Randy; implying there might be some mutual feelings. Maybe he was the one that managed to make it flee.

Once Randy (eventually) goes through the werewolf thing, I think he’d end up more of an Alpha, due to what I mentioned above, because he was the leader of the band, and if one of the other wolves tried to test him by making moves on Roxy there’d be a “she’s my girl” moment.

I had all of those exact reactions myself, but they are your characters, so I didn't want to assign them without your consent.

Tonight when Roxy goes for her run, she is going to feel drawn to follow the ghostly apparition of a white wolf. The figure will lead her to a clearing and reform as Azalea, and once they get there other wolves will start arriving. Just want to let you know.

Sooo, shadowdude505 shadowdude505 ; would you prefer to be in the room when our new zombie character first makes an interest, or to have left just before? I can write my reaction post to make it either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back