• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings [OLD THREAD] Violet Meadows (Harvest Moon inspired RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Kei Kato

a89fc7b317237200b9ae857f8018a076.jpgKei’s first impression of Emily had no sway over how he felt she might be during work. After all, it was after work hours and he wasn’t about to judge someone based on how they were outside of work. That night was fun, getting to relax and catch up a little bit with Alessia, and drink.

Kei didn’t really have a day off the day after what turned out to be a party. He had a bit more paperwork to take care of when it came to closing the Cafe and figuring out the logistics for Dream Drop. He had stared at the business hours, with his hands in his hair, elbows on the table, just thinking why a small town like Kore even bothered with a 24 hour day. Previous to moving Emily, there didn’t even seem to be enough employees to cover such a span of time.

Eventually, Kei left the hours as is to test out. It would probably already be a shock with the sudden owner shift.

One thing at a time.

Appreciation Day came around, and the name that Kei had received, he drew a blank on. He rubbed the back of his head as he searched his memory for any mention of her. Thankfully Alessia was very good at her breakdowns. She had given him a basic idea of who Evelyn was. As for what to get her, his easiest thing to do was sweets.

Well, who didn’t like sweets? Plenty of people. That wouldn’t stop Kei though. With that in mind, on Friday, he was in Dream Drop, having baked several batches of different style cookies. He got a little overzealous with different ideas, so now, here they were on Saturday, with plenty of cookies to sell to customers.

Saturday morning, Kei had walked into the restaurant wearing the theme for the day. He noted that Emily was Alice and Kana was doing Mad Hatter. Kei was dressed like the Cheshire Cat, though his demeanor at work probably didn’t suit the smiling mad cat.

After making his rounds to see how everyone was doing, he picked the macaroons he had made the day before, putting them in a pink bag tied with a white ribbon.

He tilted his head as he inspected the amount he was about to give Evelyn, rubbing his chin. It was in that moment when Kana had been glaring at him.

Snatching the bag up, he hefted it in his hand as he turned around to say something. He didn’t immediately notice where Kana went, but it didn’t take long to spot the top hat poking up. She was probably grabbing something under the counter.

Makana, I’m trusting the store to you while I search for this Evelyn girl. I shouldn’t be long.” Typically, he wouldn't be leaving the restaurant if he felt needed, but Appreciation Day didn't have to be strict. As long as someone was minding the store. He also figured he'd be back as soon as possible.

He waited for a response as he stepped out of the open kitchen, seeing that the rush had ended and Emily was relaxing.

Mentions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Pik Pik

Last edited:
Xander Nakamura~ Bartender~ Location: Napping on a bench~ Interacting: Pik Pik (Summer)

The local bartender was napping the day away underneath the cool shade of a spring tree. Or at least, he was taking a power nap until it was time to open up the bar or gift one of his more loyal customers her appreciation gift. The wood of the bench creaked and yielded to his weight as he clumsily tossed and turned in his sleep. Precariously hanging half off and half on the bench, it wouldn't take that much of a push for his sleep to be disrupted by a swift meeting with the dusty ground below. Yet, the recently turned 29 year-old man stayed on the bench. The edges of the bench dug into the back of his legs as they hung off the long side of the temporary bed. A light snore accompanied the tweeting of birds and rustling of branches. A quaint, peaceful sce-

"Wake Up!"

"Gah!" Xander yelped, jerking his body but finding that he didn't have much room for movement as his body slid off the bench. His arms wildly flailed behind him in an attempt to catch himself by gripping the backrest of the bench. His attempt was pseudo-successful. He managed to twist his body so his sweatpants took the brunt of the damage. The black cloth was now stained with a light layer of black dust. "Oh, hey there, Summer," the eyepatched man grunted, just now recognizing his alarm clock. Patting off the dust from his pants, the taller man stood up and smiled at the blonde girl. "I feel like the poke on the cheek would have sufficed in waking me up, no?" he teased, peeking behind her for any sign of a gift or if she just felt like waking him up. Either way, he had a surprise for her waiting at the bar.

• Ashe.Duran.full.2676579.png
    Date: Saturday, Spring 14th || Appriciation Day
    Time: 1pm || Afternoon

Mentions:
    Thomas ( Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne )
    ~ Outside Library ~
    Littleroot Town (Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire) || Hunter’s CS File

It was almost time for the library to open back up. He did his best to find Thomas while he was out but he supposed that it was going to be much harder not knowing who Thomas himself was gifting. Dream drop was now the only cafe, he supposed that was an option. He couldn’t be sure though Thomas might just decide to cook for himself. He spent so much time in the library but he’d been there more to lose himself in reading rather than get to know others, Vitral was where he socialized the most.

It was a wake up call to know that even being given someone he undoubtedly knew, he still didn’t really know them. Sure Thomas didn’t grow up with them but Hunter had known him years. Yet all he could think about was making him some cookies. He figured this was a great time to get to know their librarian better. All he knew about the man was thanks to Kana shouting down the halls and getting kicked out over and over for it.

He let out a sigh as he waited for the doors to open staring hoping that he didn’t look like a complete fool. He let out a sigh, at least they wouldn’t question it. He sat down directly outside the library door and started to look over the Inn’s expenses. Alessia had been helping him out when he started since he never quite had that same head for numbers as she did. He figured so long as enough paid that they could pay their bills then it was all good. Alessia had nearly thrown the books at him when he said that going off on the invisible costs of upkeep.

Maybe he could ask Thomas? Wait how did Thomas pay for the library upkeep? He didn’t think most of the residents even came here all that often. He’d seen the same handful of people usually with the occasional minor deviation. Curious. Oh well the bills weren’t going to pay themselves. He let out a sigh as he tried to count up how many had missed their monthly or weekly lodging payment. He’d never throw them out but still bills were easier to pay with more money.

evetitle-01-png.687237

eviee.jpg

A brisk walk across the town had taken the young woman with a mission right on the path to Dream Drop, which apparently was under new ownership. She hadn't got to spot the owner just yet but news spread just too fast in the town to not know of the news, even if she had been mostly busy with work the past two days.

Finally reaching the entrance to Dreamdrop she readjusted bag on her shoulder with a slight smile. Trying to guess the theme of the daily costume before she would step into the place was always a fun little pastime for Evelyn, surely today the theme would be something that would match the current holiday. Stepping inside revealed the chosen theme to be Alice in Wonderland. Well she supposed the heart kind of motif surrounding such a thing could go sure fit in with the appreciation celebrations. Either way she was glad she stepped into Dreamdrop today, even if it did make her a little jealous her job didn't involve getting to dress up. She would have loved to get a chance to have a white rabbit inspired dress.

Realising her mind was already wandering she stopped herself, her hand gently tapping on her handbag to remind herself what she came here to do. "Afternoon~" she called out as she entered, passing the new owner without realising that's who it was and moving closer to the counter where a familiar blue haired girl should have been though couldn't spot the barista that was kneeled behind the coffee machines "Huh..." Her brows furrowed slightly, she could have sworn she spotted her when she had first opened the door? Maybe she imagined it. Oh well. She shrugged her shoulders and turned on her heel to look for Emily instead. She of course was not hard to find with the place seeming quiet for now.

"Look at you fitting in here so fast. The costume suits you" Evelyn greeted as she approached the table Emily was sitting at "I'm glad I caught you not too busy" she added before reaching into her bag and pulling out the little gift box of muffins she had and handing it over with a bright smile "I got your name. Happy Appreciation day!"

• More Info •

Mood:
Cheerful

Objective:
Deliver Gift

Interacting with:
Emily

Mentioned:
Emily, Kana

Tags:
Pik Pik BriiAngelic BriiAngelic
• Character Sheet •

Last edited:

psx_20200511_014946-jpg.723448

20200511_015235-jpg.723449

Cleo had been contently working on one of her cards, engrossed in the process to the point that she was almost forgot that she was supposed to be a helper for today too. Leaving her first creation to one side to dry before she could write her message to Evelyn in it she glanced around the room. With everyone busy crafting away one student very much contrasted the atmosphere, staring at a blank page like he had been giving a difficult exam of some kind was her friend who she hadn't noticed arrive at first she was so distracted.

In contrast to her enthusiasm, Oliver just looked disappointed, or at least stuck in what he was doing and that didn't sit right with her, especially when holidays were for good moods. She might not finished her own card for Oliver just yet but she could always help him out with making his stuff first then move back to her own crafts. After all, it looked like he needed the push and she would not be a proper craft cadet or friend if she didn't lend a hand.

She double checked her hands for glue and paint, wiping them off before she grabbed a handful of her craft supplies and her work in progress crafts and made it to the empty desk next to Olivers. "Need a craft buddy?" She asked as she left her items down. "You sure look like you do" she added with a calm smile as she took a seat.

• More Info •

Mood:
Fine

Objective:
Helping out?

Interacting with:
Oliver

Mentions:
Oliver

Tags:
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

• Character Sheet •

Oliver Taurez
1610115069839.pngChallenging the impossible staring contest with a blank sheet of colored paper. Oliver became impatient and frustrated that his own mind that he cannot even come up with a sparkle of inspiration. Standing up from his seat, pointing his finger towards the paper, he declared.

"I will make something beautiful out of you! Just as beautiful as the one i'm about to give you to!"

"I am- Oh! Who am i kidding!? If only if i am as half good as-"

It was only in a span of a few seconds Oliver's determined frustration was changed into a regretful defeat when he had a self realization that he is speaking to a piece of paper instead of getting started already. He sat down with a huffed sigh as he laid his eyes off his clean desk to take a break only to glance around seeing...

"Cleo!"

Her well-timed arrival seemed to have filled the last thing he wanted to say. It was almost like a call for help. Oliver was given the what he believes is the goddess of wonderful arts and crafts herself in disguise. He appeared glad, confused and embarrassed all in the same. He looked very troubled indeed trying to hide the fact that he hasn't started even at least a snip. Clasping his hands together as he smiled awkwardly towards Cleo. He attempted to grovel only to realize there isn't enough room to do so.

"Hi! I was just umm, can i help you with something? Is this the scissor you need? This is the good scissor! I was just about to get started but i need to... Work on my wonderful work that i have in my head! But i need my desk clean so i can get it to work! I got- Yes! Yes! I need a craft buddy! Please help me!"

The boy was merely pretending to know what he is doing. Giving out a acting performance that is barely convincing and he is just basically stalling Cleo by holding random objects and diverting attention away from the plain problem. Cleo did little effort to make him honest about his case. He was scratching the back of his head, still trying to look cool. It didn't last.

"Aww what am i going to do!? I took all the nicest art supplies i can get! Even got the good scissor! If only there was a book for this! Look at everybody! They're all making so much cool and pretty things with their arts and crafts! I can't even do that paper ducky thing you do, that was so cute! I'm going bananas! You are very very good at this, Cleo! I wish i am as half-good as you! This is what i get for not practicing."

Oliver had his complain face on but it seemed to leaned more in a comical and light hearted manner. He even started looking around to start comparing himself. He eventually stopped rambling when he slowed down his barrage of questions and such. It seems like Oliver was not used to taking free form objectives especially when he barely knows how to make the most out of what he is doing right now and a guy he has only talked to only a few times.

Nona Nona

Summer Storms / Emily Sapphire Lilly
summercomm.jpgem.jpg
Emily
Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Nona Nona
Summer
Salvagers Salvation Salvagers Salvation

Emily
Emily would watch Kana's one-sided game of hide n seek from afar, she never really understood why the girl went out of her way to hide from Kei, maybe that's her wild personality showing could explain the snake noises too. Oh, and it looks like she already lost the game as Kei walks of the kitchen in his purple catsuit something that Emily is still having to hold back on giggling at seeing, it's just a silly sight to see someone wearing let alone her own boss. It seems like Kei is going out to deliver his gift, maybe once he gets back Emily should ask she could do that same. Sitting back for a moment to relax Emily would allow her eyes to close a quick little rest shouldn't hurt right? And not even a moment later that rest would be shot out of the water upon hearing someone's voice. "Epp! W Welcome to Dream Drop the most curios place in all of Wonderland, today's special is freshly baked cookies and tea. Oh hello, Lynlyn." She would stop today's greeting upon realizing it was Evelyn, she would give off a light blush at the complement of her costume, guess it does look like something she would normally wear doesn't it. "Oh um think you very much oh these are for me um think you very much ill be sure to try them as soon as possible." she lit up with a bright smile this girl loved her sweets. "Oh, that's right before you go, Kaikai! Evelyn is over here you said you had something for her right!?" She shouted over to Kai

Summer
Summer would burst out into a fit of laughter seeing Xander falling to the floor the way he did after calming herself down she looked up towards him and said. "Well, you should have gotten up after the first poke. Or where you hoping Id poke you in other places before you pretended to wake up." She teased in return giving him a wink. "Well anyways here you go I got you today." She pulled out a brown bag and inside of it is a silver-coated flask labeled Billionaire vodka. "I once won that off of some rich guy I've only really tasted it once and it was honestly too good just to drink all of and I didn't want to sell it because it would just end up on some collectors shelf going to waste so here you go." And she just hands it over to him "I hope you enjoy it's said to make you feel like a king, king." She winks.​

Last edited:
Although everything was relatively light, it was still an unwieldy load that Max was hauling around town to say the least. A lucky run-in with Mama Taurez did minus one gift, a burgundy shawl, from the bunch but there still was another gift as well as the mini cooler of treats for two peculiar pets. All that being on top of a box nearly his own height meant Max had the pleasure of staring at cardboard and wrapping paper as he meandered about. Well, meander might be a bit generous. What he was doing looked more like an awkward penguin waddle as the baker tried not to walk into anybody or anything while carefully bear hugging the burden.

A sensible person would have done the normal thing and given the larger gift to Ren while he was home, but Max had an unfortunate habit of being sensible only when convenient. Luckily he was only going as far as Kore’s one stop shop for…almost everything actually. Would have to be sneaky buying a gift for her, he mused with a touch of amusement.

Arriving at Bon Marche without incident Max left the larger box outside and out of the way of traffic. He hoped Aless wouldn’t mind as he entered the store. After that it was just a search for Aless, a quick one as it turned out.

“Not one for days off are we?” He subtly teased while being oblivious or just ignoring the irony.

Interactions- BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

• ed8791246c2b6cd0ec343ca59f60fcc0.jpg

Interacting With:
    Max ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo )
    Mentions:
    Amelia ( Nona Nona )
    ~ Bon Marché ~
    Wonder Why || Alessia’s CS File

Appreciation day. She always had an odd relationship with the day. While she loved it, it was the rare opportunity to get to know someone completely new, sometimes it just completely stumped her. Today was one of those days. Unlike the past years she did have somewhat of an idea about her gift recipient. Amelia was familiar at this point, since she had to keep checking with them that Hunter did his check ups.

Still did she go grand? Or did she go subtle? That was the biggest hang up. Luckily she was not good at decisions and went with both. Now it was just a matter of how she could set it up. While the flowers were all lovely she didn’t know how she’d get them to Amelia without bothering her allergies. She left the plushies and flowers on the table looking around. She could bother Mirko but then the shop would be empty. ‘Sides he had it lucky he and his secret gifter had already finished for the day.

Apparently a mix up had him and Kelani being each other’s gifters. Lucky dogs.

She heard the door open again and looked up as Max entered with a teasing tone. She grinned as she lifted a finger to point to her pile of gifts.

“Not quite. Trying to figure out how I’m going to get Amelia’s gifts sneakily set up. Doesn’t help that I’m allergic to most flowers. But, Amelia likes that stuff. ‘Sides it would help her have fun looking up the meaning of each flower. But flowers wilt so each one gets a stuffed animal to go with it.”

She had a wide array of Bluebells, Anemonas, Cherry Blossoms, Jasmine, and Daffodils. A stuffed rabbit, a bear, a bird, a dog, a cat, and what could be a hamster? Each item seemed color coded in some way that seemed to only make sense to her.

“Hmm what to do… Oh wait did you need help? Or just visiting?”

• vSdRWBY.jpg

Mentions and Interacts With:
    Evelyn ( Nona Nona ) Emily ( Pik Pik ) Kei ( Taigakitt Taigakitt )
    Kai (NPC Older Bro)
    ~ Dream Drop ~
    Asa (morning) || Kana's CS File

She hopped back above the bar to wave her boss away. She held back a snicker as he said he left her in charge. Wouldn’t do well if he immediately changed his mind on it. Instead she came out from around the bar expecting to get to play with her co-worker as soon as he was out.

“We’ll do our best Sir!”

She was lying through her teeth of course but the alternative is either Kai gets put in charge, where she had to do actual work. Or maybe the new gal? Emily was it? She had to be good right? She was the only employee that survived the merge. Damn corporate red lines. She didn’t know business that well. She knew coffee and she knew how to make things adorable! Both of which were admirable skills in her view but usually not in anyone else’s.

But as luck would have it she was doomed to have no fun. She let out a sigh as Evie walked through the door. DAMN YOU EVIE. She could near sob. She just wanted to wander off and have some fun and maybe find out where Elliot was. She kinda remembered the elder from childhood. Apparently he was back again.

Would a pack of pens be an improper gift for an artist? Did he even stil draw? She remembered very little of the dude. She wouldn’t even know what he looked like now. She put it out of her mind as she ran to Evie.

“Evieeeeeeee are you here for Appreciation Day? Have you been cheating! Did you know Bossman had your name miss secretary?”

His immediate thought had been that Aless was planning a new sale with the number of plushies and flowers in front of her. But no, as it turned out the small pile of cute and colorful was actually one big gift for a certain nurse. Max realized at that moment that his assumption was a little silly given the day, although the idea itself didn’t seem so bad. Maybe a new Flower Festival delight? Of course he already had his hands full with his usual offers to bother so somebody else would have to take the gamble on the idea.

At Alessia’s question he lifted up the little cooler. It was a small thing, only big enough to squeeze in a lunch for one and an ice pack. Still, that was plenty of space for the slice of cake and cubed meat inside. Since he didn’t really know what a hawk would prefer he tripled his odds by doing equal parts beef, chicken and pork. Oozles was a much easier order, at least that’s what he hoped. Having seen slimes act as squishy leftover munchers before he was sure Oozles would like some cake, but he had also never expected to deputize a goat named Fred. So he kept a tempered optimism about the whole thing.

“Brought over something for the guard dogs. But if you’re looking for your chance with Amelia now might be it, I just saw her in the square probably heading out for lunch. And if you need a hand I happen to have two available.”

Interactions- BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Kei Kato

1613604117901.pngJust as he wanted to head outside, a customer walked in. He smiled and bowed to Evelyn as she walked in, “Welcome to Drea Drop.”

Not wanting to be rude, he figured it would be a good idea to introduce himself as the new owner, just in case any of the regulars cared about that sort of thing.

So, he waited, bag of Macaroons in hand, as Evelyn spoke with Emily. When Emily called her “Lynlyn,” he managed to put two-and-two together.

If the fake tail behind him could wag, it probably would have. Now he wouldn’t have to leave the restaurant!

When the attention was brought over to him, he nodded, extending a hand in greeting to Evelyn, “Pleased to meet you Evelyn. My name is Kei Kato, new owner of Dream Drop, and I also happen to be the one that is to give you a gift this Appreciation Day.

Whether or not she had shook his hand, he would then extend the bag of macaroons to her, “Happy Appreciation Day, Miss Evelyn.

Then Kana shouted from her position, to which he did his best to not frown at. He figured this place would have characters for employees. After all, it was a Cosplay Cafe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back