• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
5e2d100c3830b9301113a22a67c0090b.png

The Wisdom of the Blind, Zuriel the Betrayed
Approaching Bloodsage Port on the Bloody Bones.

"Tsk..."

The Angel shivered at the kiss of the blade slicing through the bandages before resting against his pulse. The loosening of the stiff wrappings and clear comfortable grace the captain held it with was enough of a warning.

“I’m going to cut you free. You show me the wounds and I’ll consider getting you proper aide and a change of clothes.”

The blade glided through the angel's makeshift cuffs at the bid of its handler.

“The wounds. Let’s see them.”

"Yes sir."

When what little blood that could be spared rushed into Zuriel's hands after the bindings fell away, the Archangel began to peel the layers of bloody bandages. Wincing as the caked wrappings clung to the tender skin. The closer the cloth was to the wound, the more stained it became. It wasn't just a visual change either. The foul concoction of smells was certainly not created by anything mortal. The smell of brimstone overpowered most of it, but the sweetness of sickness and rot wasn't far behind. Time seemed to drag on far too uncomfortably as the captive struggled to peel away the last of the blindfold... The angel had not lied. Even with his history of bloodshed and death behind him, it certainly was no pretty sight revealed to Rawhead. The size and depth of the wound were alarming, but not surprising. The angel had admitted to fainting after the attack. Who knows who long it was until the two cronies stumbled him. The actually damaged tissue was an issue as well. At least the origin of the smells was identified. Even now, the tissue was attempting to knit itself together, a testament to the stubbornness of the angel's nature. But much of it still was being slowly consumed, by hissing globs of pitch black. Nor had the cronies entirely removed all the glass shards. This wound spoke of maliciousness and meticulous planning. This angel's siblings truly meant to kill Zuriel with this injury. And yet. Here the Archangel sat. Patiently waiting for the captain's decision. However, even with the Angel's ignorance of the severity of his wounds, he would not survive long unless the wound had been properly cleaned.

Interaction: Rawhead, Koinu Koinu

Location: Bloody Bones // Atmosphere: Foggy, Damp, Chilly, Salty // Time: Before Orientation
0012.JPG

Being on the Bloody Bones was absolutely the farthest thing from enjoying a five-star cruise. No tanning chairs covered in plush, long beach towels, no strawberry daiquiris to sip on and no shrimp cocktail to munch on. She did, however, get a nice moon-glaze. And she was able to have her minions do any leg work for her without having to create cloaking spells for them. In fact, her Shadow Beasts did not stand out whatsoever. Starling could not remember the last time she’d been surrounded by such smelly, hideous company in such close quarters.

“My brother better be correct about Midnight Campus… one more slime monster and I’ll scream…” Starling growled under her breath as slipped her phone out of her pocket. Her wallpaper was that of a slender Nightcloud-Howler whose sharp teeth glimmered at the photographer. She sighed, cheeks growing red. She leaned against the ship rail when her phone buzzed, startling her. The device flipped out of her grasp.

“No! No! No!” she shrieked just before one of her Shadow Beasts snagged her phone before it plummeted into the dreary waters below. She clasped the phone against her chest, “Thanks, Claudette.”

009.JPG

Something else shiny caught her eye before she could look back at her phone, “Ahh…” She couldn’t help but smile as she stepped near the solemn-looking young man, “Hey, you there... you wouldn’t happen to be traveling to Midnight Campus? Or Hotel Holmes? Would you?” When her eyes blinked, so did the eyeballs tied into her hair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interaction with Ghost SirPremePizza SirPremePizza

Koinu Koinu

Location: Bloody Bones // Atmosphere: Foggy, Damp, Chilly, Salty // Time: Before Orientation

He was so lost in thought that it took a moment for him to even comprehend that someone was speaking to him. As he tried to snap out of it, he emitted a mildly startled, "Excuse me?" as he tried to remember what was just said to him.

"Um...", he stalled, awakening to the sudden interaction.

"OH! Yes! Yes, I am. I'm new to all this. It's my first year at Midnight Campus, although they put me in something called Obsidian Brigade. Why do you ask? Are you new here too?"

He was entirely unprepared for conversation, as he had been getting himself mentally ready for orientation. He switched gears as quickly as he could, but he felt very awkward to suddenly be presenting himself and trying to make an impression unexpectedly. He could feel her eyes looking him over, and he felt a slight relief in being seen; that he did have a presence. It was reassuring to not just be a fly on the wall, even if it took an effort to extrovert.

f9fa6c959137855116e822eaae04fb12.jpg

Location: Bloody Bones // Atmosphere: Foggy, Damp, Chilly, Salty // Time: Sometime Before Orientation
e264bcfd0d5b0c8300f819851db7ac50.jpg

As he tapped the point of the blade on his bottom lip, Rawhead grimaced. The various smells filled his nostrils and he fought to not press the back of his hand against his nose. The Archangel would be worth a lot less in his current condition. With such wounds he would at most be a play-thing for maybe an hour or so for the kinds of buyers Rawhead had connections with. Besides, Bloodybones had led him into the particular cabin with purpose. Looking down at the heavily wounded Archangel made something deep inside him quake. Something that a good friend of his warned him about. Subconsciously, he grabbed the silver case from his chest pocket and lit up a new cigarette. The flame highlighted the curves and patterns on his mask.

“He’s not going to last for shit…” Rawhead mumbled, putting his case away. The walls of the cabin creaked. The pirate tilted his head again. It wouldn’t be long before his good ol’ friend would be busy with orientation at the campus. He breathed out a gust of smoke, “I don’t trust you to walk without passing out.” From the secrecy of his mask he inspected Zuriel’s wounds, still grimacing. It wasn’t as if his coat was perfectly clean and free of old, crusted blood. Rawhead, balancing on one sturdy knee, wrapped a hand underneath Zuriel’s left arm and cautiously helped the Angel to his feet.

“If you feel like you’re going to puke, warn me,” Rawhead used his free hand to hold his cig, “My quarters are at the other side of Bloodybones.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interaction with Zuriel Toivoajarakkaus Toivoajarakkaus

0012.JPG

"Ohh, so you are a student? And a college boy, huh?" Starling beamed, flipping her hair. From the man's reaction, he must surely have been taken aback to find a beauty such as herself on the smelly, dank Bloodybones. She grabbed a strand of her bright green hair and twirled it in her fingers as she flashed her widest smile, "It's my first year here as well--" she waved her free hand passively, "But I am by no means just some little girl. As a matter of fact I'm a very renowned Witch from my land."

She leaned on one hip, "I'll be in the Onyx Brigade, but my older brother will be in Obsidian Brigade this year. He's been attending Midnight C since he was in Onyx Brigade. My name is Starling. Starling Ironside. I'm sure the name rings a bell."

A beep came from her skirt pocket and she resurfaced her phone. She skimmed over the text from her brother. "Oh! We should totally swap numbers. What do you say? What are your digits?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interaction with Ghost SirPremePizza SirPremePizza SirPremePizza SirPremePizza

Koinu Koinu

His face turned peach red. This girl's appearance and demeanor were a complete contradiction to the gloomy and foggy atmosphere that surrounded them. He struggled to collect himself as he was swallowed by attraction to her.

"Definitely!" he choked, searching his pocket for his phone. This was the first time that he could remember being excited about anything. He dug out his phone, and for a second he blinked at it, confused. Where did he get this? Was this the phone he had on him when he died? It seemed familiar, but he didn't notice he had it on his person until now. He shook his head, now was not the time, although he would definitely scour the device for any trace of his past later.

"Here.", he said, handing the girl his phone, "You can add your number to my contacts list! I don't know anybody here, so...", he spoke coyly.

He looked her over up and down and caught himself smiling a little. Then, he realized he was zoning out, and said,

"Oh! Sorry, um... I don't know my name. I died and I have no memory of who I was. But, it's a pleasure to meet you, Starling Ironside."

f9fa6c959137855116e822eaae04fb12.jpg

0012.JPG

"It's nice to meet yo--" Starling began giddily, taking the fellow student's phone, before pausing. Her mouth became a perfect 'o'. She blinked, head tilted to the side, hair falling off her shoulder in slow waves, "Wait, what?" She blinked her bright green eyes rapidly. Could she have truly stumbled upon a fabled reincarnation? Her brother had mentioned he met the reincarnation of Van Hellsing during his first year. She could already imagine what her family and friends think if she wound up making acquaintances with a soul of notoriety. If she wasn't holding his phone, she'd have interlaced her fingers.

Not only have I been accepted into Midnight Campus, am I rising star of Witches--but I may have stumbled upon a gold-mine! she thought.

"I'm totally sorry you died... So..." Her internal excitement was pushed on the back burner for a moment, but her smile only grew, "What should I call you? Are you... some kind of ghost then?" She used a finely painted finger to tap her number into his phone. She winked at his camera, lips pursed in a kiss, and after a quick chk! her photo was snapped and saved into his contacts under "⭐ling Ironside".

Interaction with Ghost SirPremePizza SirPremePizza SirPremePizza SirPremePizza

Koinu Koinu

He laughed shyly and put his hand behind his head.

"It's okay, like I said, I don't even know how it happened."

He took his phone back from her and admired the picture she took for just a second before slipping it back into his pocket. His mind stirred with romantic possibilities.

"Ghost works, I guess. I wish I knew what my name was, to tell you.", he said with just a slight tinge of disappointment ringing from his voice.

"I mean, it's just my assumption about what I am. It's not like I know for certain one way or another. But, check this out."

He then passed his arm through the side of the ship, back and forth, to demonstrate his abilities.

"But I can also grab things if I want to. I don't... I don't really understand myself completely yet. But that's exactly why I had to go to Midnight Campus. To just... learn everything I can. Sorry you met me in such a raw state.", he turned and looked at her with an almost out-of-place proud smile.

FaceApp_1600160913127.jpg

0012.JPG

As her acquaintance explained his situation, her mouth formed into an 'o' again; and then he moved through through the wall of the ship as though it were made of virtual reality. Bloodybones shook ever so slightly from the intrusion through its body. Her eyes grew wide, matching a newly found smile, "That's amazing! I mean, it must suck not really knowing who you are or were, or whatever, but it's incredible you can do that and hold objects."

When he smiled, she was quick to snap a picture of him, "So, Ghost it is then. It kinda suits you." While Starling was usually a bundle of enthusiasm, she had never earned the titled of being polite or externally interested, so compliments toward others happened to ring shy from her. She grinned with those sharp, small teeth, "Well, Ghost, why not let me help you? Witches--especially one of my stature and skill--have plenty of resources. And with us both being new here... Also, with you being in the same Brigade as my brother, Argider Ironside, you'll be seeing lots of me anyhow. And my brother has already made quite the reputation for himself here. He's got all kinds of connections."

She placed a hand on her chest, chin high, "It's impressive really--"

"Impressive if you like fat pricks," a deep voice broke the warm air with a dry tension, "I'm guessing neither of you know what kind of reputation her brother, Argider Ironside, holds at Midnight Campus."

"Excuse me?!" Starling glanced over her shoulder as she balled her fists at her side. Behind her, a tall, slender man approached, "You heard me. And either you're a bone-head who knows nothing about your brother or you think being a living piece of shit really is something to look up to."

0013.JPG 05c9a639d75d2ac736f4a88f100082d0.jpg

Last edited:
Koinu Koinu

"Ghost...", he thought to himself, "I can go by that."

He was feeling flattered into crushing on this strange girl, but before he could respond to her offer, a rude voice had interrupted their conversation.

Ghost hated rude people. His mood shifted from flirtatious to angry and defensive. He placed a hand on Star's shoulder, then walked through her body to place himself between her and the rude stranger.

"If you're so eager to enlighten us, then get to the point.", Ghost glared at the man, "Did her brother kick your ass or something? This sounds personal to me."

Ghost stood his ground. Besides his irritation at having his conversation disrupted, this man put him on edge. He might be dangerous, and Ghost wouldn't allow him to harm Star. He kept his eyes peeled.

FaceApp_1600165464272.jpg

1600180309334.png
Valyre Hassan: Student, Obsidian Brigade
Mood: Suspicious
Form: Human

Watching June stalk away to orientation, Valyre did not even attempt to follow as her mind wanted to process everything. Trying to lighten the load, she playfully remarked, "So would you say that was a successful attempt at making a friend, Nake?" Her eyebrows wiggled at the snake soul with snark in her voice. The cool of his scales slithered across the back of her neck as he slid up higher on her shoulders for her to see him better.

"I believe that'sss what you call a nice fellow helping out a sssily girl, but I guess you did manage to make at least an acquaintance." Val could not even attempt to ignore the amusement in her companion's voice as he spoke directly to her through their mind link. As his yellow gaze wondered across the room again - she had lost count of the times by now - he grew serious. "I believe you ssshould look into finding a mentor. They could help you improve your skills and maybe find part of the reason you came here. June did mention one in particular" The shuffling noise and chatter around them grew louder as more students wandered off to wherever orientation was being held. Excitement and nervousness choked the atmosphere of the room hovering more intensely over select students. A petite girl and the male with her gawked at the little snake perched up on Val. Nake didn't so much as look their way even though she knew he could feel their eyes on him. Too much effort these days to glare at everyone you find insignificant or at least bothersome.

As if the memory picked at her brain, Val slowly slid her phone out of her pocket. The message still hovered on the main screen waiting for her. Reading it over again, there was an ominous presence that soaked the air around her like an unwanted specter. Her eyes prodded the environment around her picking apart everyone she could find. Who sent this? Her? No, the teenage girl's serious expression turned sorrowful at another student. She just has a crush on the male. Him? Why would someone like that send this? The guy does not even know how to tie his shoe laces correctly. Maybe the larger female in the corner alone looking at her device, but then where is the connection to us? Too many people for her perception to work on as well as not enough to know who has a motive.

Nake moved from her shoulders down to her arm as he read the message for himself. Continuing to use their mind link to keep their conversation undisclosed, he spoke "Ssseems like trouble. For usss or for them isss the question."

"Yes. It does seem that way. For now we need to keep this under wraps. It could be a prank for all we know. Either way whoever it is will be in for a surprise if they decide to keep it up." Valyre's fingers brush lightly against the bottom of her sword holders strapped across her back. She hadn't known if she was allowed to bring them in, but who cares? They were one of her prized possessions and was ready to use them against anyone that dared take them away.

Without a backward glace at the remaining students, she put her phone away and sauntered to orientation.

Last edited:
1600214930319.png
Tryxla Drekavac-Student (Obsidian)
Mood: Frantic, worried, uneasy
Time: Sometime Before Orientation

Tryx had always been bewildered that she was so quick on her feet despite the large wings she harbored, a thought that ran across her mind yet again as she scampered toward the ballroom to await the start of orientation. Her endlessly color-changing eyes skimming the floor as she did her best to avoid running into anyone. "I just need to find a nice dark spot in the back of the room. Somewhere I wont be noticed, I cant do anything wrong if I'm by myself....right..." All it took was for Tryxla to blink, her train of thought interrupted as she collided with a thin frame, their feet adorned in stylish (and she assumed expensive) dress shoes.

In colliding with the being, Tryxla lost her footing. Attempting to regain her balance, the hybrid girl took a small step backward and was rewarded with her heel slipping further. As the saying goes, "the bigger they are, the harder they fall." Luckily Tryx was slight in build and her fall wasn't damaging, at least not physically. She hated attention and while the sound of her body hitting the floor wasn't as loud as it could have been she so gracefully made up for it when her wings, as if they had a mind of their own, had opened and more than likely hit several people in her attempt to avoid her rapid decline into the hardwood.

With an embarrassed huff she turned her eyes toward the initial victim of her distracted dart toward the ballroom. To her pleasant surprise her eyes, now a bright amaranthine shade, met the heterochrome eyes of Alastair Proctor. She wasn't sure whether it was better or worse that she had ran into someone familiar. "Alis! I-I'm so sorry," she quickly pulled the apology from her still frenzied consciousness, forcing it through her lips with such fervor it was a wonder the words were comprehendible at all. "I-I-I was just heading to orientation, I should've been paying more attention. I'm sorry." While the second statement was slightly less of a jumble it was clear Tryxla was still distraught, and if that wasn't enough evidence, the fact that she had yet to pull herself from her landing spot was certain to be.

Upon that realization, Tryx shook her raven-like wings back to their resting spot and began dusting the trafficked dirt and debris from herself before pushing herself to her knees. Regaining some of her dignity, she dared a look back up at Alistair, "Hell of a way to start the new year..." she mused just loud enough for him to hear as an embarrassed smirk worked its way onto her face. With slender fingers on her thigh she forced herself to her feet, dragooning her joints into cooperating.
Interactions: Alistair Proctor Pepsionne Pepsionne (and anyone who wants to be unwillingly assaulted by Tryxla's wings >.< )

Location: Hotel Holmes // Mood: Apprehensive, Motivated, Curious // Time: Sometime Before Orientation
002.jpg

While the dorms were under reassignment, the students had no choice but to stay at Hotel Holmes. It wasn’t his first pick, but it could be worse; after all, during his first year he wound up seeking refuge in Celesborne Basilica while the Madness was arranging Midnight Campus. This year also proved to have new circumstances regarding Heavenlies. Theo had already witnessed a few students and faculty members with Angelic Servants. It wasn’t something he was comfortable with. He was Obsidian Brigade Rank that year and his experience at Midnight Campus led him to believe that much sensitive information about Horrors was kept there. Theo Griffin came from a long line of Monster Hunter Hunters. Nocturne Sanctum held many secrets of his heritage, thus having Celestial Beings so close to home rubbed him the wrong way.

Theo had returned to Nocturne Sanctum via Bloodybones but rather by Portal. The Gate Keeper, Neon, had been the first familiar face he’d seen. At his arrival, he had been greeted by Luther Spectre, who inquired about Sigfred ad if he’d be joining them this year. While Theo put on his best performance I appearing unoffended, the ever prodded question began to leave a retched taste in his mouth.

“…it’s been a while, hasn’t it? It’s great to have you back, Mr. Griffin.” Luther had greeted him with those vacant holes for eyes. The young Hunter had nodded in response.

“Should I expect your colleague, a Mister Sigfred, to join us this year?”

“No… I am the one representing my lineage again.”

“We’d really love to have Sigfred here…”

~Stop~ A poised, deep voice broke the memory. Theo swallowed, “Siggy?”

~I was there, well, not physically but telepathically, and that is not what the Professor said~

“Might as well have been,” Theo listened to the clik! of his hotel door as he shut it behind him. Laughter boomed around the corners of his mind, ~You get butt-hurt too easily~

“I do not get butt-hurt,” He scoffed, “I just don’t care for the unappreciative.”

~Well, whatever… you ready to get this show on the road?~

“Oh, right…” Theo opened his phone screen with his thumb, “I forgot to tell you. I want to greet Beth, but I need to find someone else first…”

~Huh? Who?~ Disdain hug in the back of the telepathic voice. Theo watched his fellow students flood past him, making their way towards Midnight Campus. For a moment, while Theo looked through the crowds, he put the voice in his head on hold. That’s when he spotted her wavy multi-colored hair among their fellow students.

“There she is…” Theo all but whispered as he approached the young woman, “Valyre, right?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interaction with Valyre Chrushta Chrushta

0013.JPG 05c9a639d75d2ac736f4a88f100082d0.jpg

Starling had begun to snap back at the rude stranger but went silent to witness Ghost quickly swoop in to her aid. That made her face light up. She cradled her phone, watching the two men talk, and went unfazed that the smoking man knew who the Ironsides were. He was probably just jealous of their wealth and prestige. For millennia the Ironsides had been the target of the lesser fortunate’s envious insults.

A dry laugh erupted from the man’s parted lips, “Heheh, you’ve got another thing coming if you plan on hitching your wagon to the Ironsides, kid…”

“He’s not a kid! He’s a college student!” Starling put her hands on her hips, smiling through sharp little fangs, “Goes to show how much you know! And back off my brother and my family!”

The man took a deep puff and smirked down at her, “Hah, you really are his snot-nosed little sister… At least I have a face to put to the name now.”

“Rrrrgggh!” Starling huffed, balling her fists again and watched the man turn and shrugged his shoulder, “See ya around… and kid…” he waved a hand, “I’d make better friends if I were you.”

“What the Hell do you know you jerk?!” Starling shook a fist, “You better run! Before I turn you into a roll of toilet paper that never runs out!!!”

She flushed, swallowing deep, and then looked at Ghost, “Eheheh… sorry about that… I just can’t stand jerks like that… The nerve of that guy…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

e7a019295ddee83908061f375629c4c0.jpg
94051afccaaa42fe4aae1aafafffee9f.jpg

Alastair Proctor | Cerise Drake
Mood:
Bewildered, confused | Mood: Concerned, friendly

Alastair made his way to the ballroom with ease, his figure moving expertly through the crowd like a skilled hand threading string through the eye of a needle. His mind was still buzzing with the information Professor Akane had shared with him. Cherry rested on his shoulders, her head moving around to take in the sight of the various students that went past, her eyes lit up with glee at the prospect of meeting so many new people in classes.

The sight of the ballroom doors appeared in his vision, but his seamless trip to orientation was brought to a swift end as he felt the impact of another body knock him forward several steps suddenly. He looked back, eyes widened in surprise at the chaotic action to take in the sight of a girl stumbling down to the ground in a flurry of arms and wings.

Alastair looked at her bewildered, unsure of what had just happened. The girl got up from her position on the floor awkwardly, sputtering out what sounded like an apology. Cherry tilted her head to the side apologetically, extending further out from Alastair to look down at the poor girl with worry.

"Alis! I-I'm so sorry, I-I-I was just heading to orientation, I should've been paying more attention. I'm sorry."

Several students turned to look curiously at the two, the flow of bodies moving around them like water in a stream splitting around a lodged rock. Whispers emanated from groups surrounding them, as well as a few giggles. The gossiping didn’t bother Alastair, let alone manage to divert his attention.

"Hell of a way to start the new year..." The girl muttered lowly, the sound barely audible over the ambient roar of students. Cherry let out a slight giggle at the girl’s banter.

“Are you--okay?” Alastair asked curiously. His tone was flat, conveying neither compassion nor judgement at the events that had just happened. His eyes searched the girl’s face, recognition sparking them into a welcoming gleam.

“Tryxla,” he noted slowly to himself, watching her push herself into a rightened position using her knees as leverage. “You’re right, this is a terrible way to start off the new year.” Although the words were intended for light banter, his delivery was empty, causing his response to come across as apathetic and cold.

Cherry noted the awkward demeanor emanating from Alastair, and from experience, stepped in to keep his poor social skills from ruining the mood. “It’s better to start things off with adrenaline and fun though!” She quipped, her eyes flicking at him with a warning scolding in their depths. “Are you sure you’re alright though? I’d hate for you to have sprained or bruised anything.”

Cherry’s long body slithered down Alastair’s arm, her white scales glinting a rose quartz sheen under the bright lights that illuminated the corridor. She stretched out towards Tryxla, moving her head up and down to scan the girl’s body for injuries.

Picking up on Cherry’s not so subtle death glare, Alastair changed his path of conversation. “If nothing is hurt too badly, would you like to head to orientation together? We’re both Obsidian Brigade anyways so we can catch any information the other missed.”

(interacts: Maskruelty Maskruelty Tryxla)

Koinu Koinu

Ghost let out a sigh of relief as the rude stranger turned and walked away. He had earnest concerns about that situation becoming violent.

"Who was that?", he asked. He felt a little bit foolish for overestimating the level of present danger, but evidently Star had actually appreciated the gesture. That man didn't seem like good company, in any case.

Ghost turned back around to face her, and was amused by her mannerisms. He found her to be really cute, and found himself feeling charmed by her. He certainly didn't expect to encounter anyone of potential romantic intrigue in his quest to discover his past, but Ghost couldn't help but find glee in the opportunity. It also occurred to him that someone with some mastery of witchcraft could be key in finding clues about who he was... Or in turning enemies into...

"And what was that about an endless roll of toilet paper?", he chided flirtatiously.

FaceApp_1600166644248.jpg

0012.JPG

“Eheheh, there’s really nothing worse than being damned as toilet paper for eternity, ya know?” When Starling’s eyes flickered, so did the eyeballs tied into her hair. She crossed her arms behind the small of her back, cheeks turning bright pink as she realized the threat to become toilet paper was pretty crude. “Annnd, I have no idea who that weirdo was…” she gritted her teeth ever so slightly and thought, annnd I don’t think that’ll be the last we see of him either… I wonder… what did my brother do now to piss him off so much?...

“~I'm not your pet, not another thing you own
I was not born guilty of your crimes
Your riches and your influence can't hold me anymore
I won't be possessed~”

“Ohh!” Starling’s ring tone pulled her back to reality. Her eyes grew wide upon looking down at the screen. It was only twenty-five minutes until orientation. And in that moment, the passengers of the Bloodybones could smell the rot of Bloodsage Port, see the eerie green light from the top of the Lighthouse that erected from the hilltop beside Moonbreak Prison.

“Well,” She looked to Ghost. A sly smile pulled at the edges of her mouth, “it seems as if we’ve arrived.” She snapped her fingers and was suddenly surrounded by her Shadow Beasts, “my pets can carry our luggage… Oh… if you have any that is?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

... Through the enveloping mist, the man barely peeked over his shoulder, ears still ringing from being talked about. He didn't have time to waste with Ironside and her companion. There were two things that heavily tugged at his attention: the stench of putrid, rotting, angelic blood and the count-down to orientation taking place at Midnight Campus. The scent of Celestial Being was too strong and too tempting... Midnight Campus would have to wait...

1600295315501.png 1600295578723.png
Valyre Hassan: Student, Obsidian Brigade
Mood: tense, curious, friendly
Form: Human
Time: before orientation​

Her shoulders hunched up at the onslaught of stimulus all around combined with the stress of the text message her mind reeled over again and again. With a sigh, Val decided to try to let some of it go. Nothing she could do about it right now anyway, but the constant buzzing of energy blended with the overlap of so many voices just made the stress worse, honestly. "Nake, I miss the days when all we had to worry about was a good brawl. The blood. The bones snapping. Just the thrill of the winning." Her eyes lit up at the memory of her kind clashing it out day and night in the mud pits. It was something her clan used to do to either get rid of pent up stress, solve problems, or make bets and Valyre ate that stuff up. "I mean it is wayy more entertaining as well as less complicated than all we've encountered here so far."

The snake seems to shake a bit as if giving a chuckle. He currently still resided on her arm, his long slender body winding its way gently up near her shoulders. Not that he needed the support of being wound around her arm. Being a soul attached to her own he could choose to let go of his physical form and reside in her consciousness. Val seems to think he enjoys the feeling of being physically close to her and having other people know he exists. "I think all you care about iss fighting and honestly thiss will do you some good you junkie."

She gave a loud laugh at his nickname, not caring if someone stared. Her back started to ache just a tiny bit from the tension she'd apparently had for a while. and just as she went to reply to Nake - “There she is…” Theo all but whispered as he approached the young woman, “Valyre, right?”

Valyre glanced over at the newcomer taking in his thick black hair and figure. She had to actually look up just a bit at him. Valyre could not put a name to his face and had certainly never met him before which sparked her interest. What she appreciated most so far was the confidence in his form, this was someone who knew at least what they were doing and didnt care what anyone else thought about it. She quirked a tiny smile, "Yeah, although I don't know your name. Sorry. Have we met before?" Nake's tongue flicks out near the new individual on edge at the way the man seemed to be loud in getting their attention.

(Btw i feel like I should mention that the way to pronounce nake's name is n-ah-k-E and realized I needed to put his picture up)
(interaction: Theo, Koinu Koinu )

Attachments

• 1600295552281.png
    1600295552281.png
    178.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
5e2d100c3830b9301113a22a67c0090b.png

The Wisdom of the Blind, Zuriel the Betrayed
Approaching Bloodsage Port on the Bloody Bones.

All other distractions drifted away. The torturous sway, insistent ocean, and the quiet hissing of demon's blood, nothing seemed to matter anymore other than this tiny little room and its inhabitants. Even the ship felt it was quietly observing the grievous wounds bestowed upon the angel. Zuriel couldn't help the small innocent voice that still remembered the Halls of Heaven fondly despite how much of his memory was now soured.

' Judgement is being passed...'

He was never allowed to sit at the trials. The Archangel was still too young by his oldest sister's standards to cast his own votes on the judgment of the deceased and the damned. But for what little could be felt through the thick doors of the Court of Heaven, it was the feeling of someone peering within the very essence of you that stuck. Thou, he supposed that the captain was technically peering within him. Perhaps a little too literally for either of their tastes... Thankfully, now the wound had been allowed to 'breathe' for a bit, the smell had dissipated enough that the man's fresh cigarette now hid most of it away. Except for the smell of brimstone. It had been muted slightly, but there was no doubt that until the angel could be entirely cleansed of demonic influence, it would outstay it's welcome. Hearing his captor mumble beneath his breath and the ship most certainly reply, caused the angel to tilt his head so innocently curious. While he hadn't been allowed to study anything regarding modern man, Zuriel had been allowed to study Demonics and "Horrorology". His teacher's terms, not his. Was perhaps the ship a Horror itself? An object that through its years of use developed a spirit of its own? Or was it like a golem and given artificial life through means unknown to the angel at the time? As tempting as it was to ask, any questions would have to be considered later. It seemed as if his captor had finally made a decision.

“I don’t trust you to walk without passing out.”

The angel startled for a moment at the strong grip around his bicep, and while the man was cautious, felted disoriented and weak from the shift from sitting to standing. The cronies from before had prevented him from moving about the room. Whether it was out of fear of agonizing any wounds or someone stronger noticing the presence of the Archangel to steal away their glory was not an answer Zuriel would get.

“If you feel like you’re going to puke, warn me,”

He might retch, but certainly not puke. Anything he could have was thrown up back in the alley. It helped that the minions didn't give him anything in case he couldn't keep it down. Which at the time, seemed cruel, but now seemed a pretty good decision. Zuriel doubted the ship would have anything good to speak about him after soiling its floors.

“My quarters are at the other side of Bloodybones.”

Blessed be the Great Creator that the angel was too overstimulated by everything that happened to truly feel the pain anymore. The walk was simple despite everything that would say otherwise. Even with the small give that the angel's arm had and the weakness ravaging it's the body, there was no denying the power that allowed the Captain's captive with dutifully follow him through the ship's bowls.

"Forgive me for asking, but I was wondering if you wanted me to address you as something other than sir? I hope you don't take this as rude, for it seems you know my name, but I not yours."

Interaction: Rawhead, Koinu Koinu

tumblr_nz4isrjww11qg2koco1_640-png.776774

The Luminous Gatekeeper
Between the Moonside Manor and Bloodsage Port

With a massive sigh that pushed out a colorful plume of smoke, the giant picked the eldritch horror off its shoulders. The left elbow joint moving less smoothly than the rest of its body as it set Jezzi down. Then fixing any misplaced cloth made by their claws. Neon's presence once again wrapping around the demon's mind like a warm blanket.

'I second that invite from Mercury. You are welcome to accompany us, but my bright yellow friend is right. As one of our older students, it would not reflect well on you nor the staff to the new students if you were late. You can find me later after your classes and my rounds if you are still in need of a nap. Now go my dear, I'll see you later.'

With their massive glove, they tenderly started to coax the girl towards the direction of the crowd heading to orientation. Turning to catch the angel's puzzlement was enough to make them chuckle. Their armor clinking as they signed 'Laughing' for Mercury's benefit as they smoothly caught up with the messenger.

"Yes, that was a student. One of our demonic residents. She had arrived a few days early and found my insides to be peaceful enough to sleep up until now. I'm just thankful I was waiting for our dear Akane for a checkup on the condition of my casing before I started my training. Just imagine having to explain to Professor Shadowvyne why I brought mashed student to Orientation."

It was just Neon's nature to try and do things by themself to save others the trouble. But one could only lubricate a joint so much until it became an issue. Hopefully, the oni would be able to figure out what they may have missed. Or perhaps her students. Now that would be quite an interesting class, the look on some of the kids' faces when they walk in to find the great protector of the school in pieces.

" Late? Can't have that now, the Bloody Bones should arrive soon with more students along with the emergency case. If it's alright with you, do you mind sharing some of your speed? We should be able to arrive both on time then."

Interactions: Rugi Rugi , Xcelgamer Xcelgamer ,
Mentions: Tattletale Tattletale

Last edited:
1955065_1.jpg

Mercurius Herms
– Messenger (
Character Sheet)

Location: Between the Moonside Manor and Bloodsage Port –-> Going to Bloodsage Port

Mood: Happy, curious, impatient

Time: Before Orientation

The angel was looking at the big magic armour with a slight smile in his face.

“How do you do that? Being so popular with students? I try, but you are on another level ...”

Mercury look behind, towards the student. She was sleeping inside Neon? Was it really comfortable? Those questions only increased the curiosity of Mercury on seeing how is the inside of that metal suit. But now it was not the right time to ask those questions.

“Akane hasn't given you a check-up yet? I’m not going to lie; you look pretty well… as always. Although of course, I am not a blacksmith” said, shrugging shoulders.

With a quick glance at his phone to check the time and change the song, he touched the gatekeeper's back. “I was hoping you would say that, comrade! Hold on tight and get on your mark, I will speed you up in less than I finish saying this…” Mercury did not finish speaking when a strange golden aura began to spread over his partner's back and throughout his metallic body, filling him with a feeling of lightness and speed “… sentenceeee”.

The moment he started yelling, he gave Neon a little push and started running/skating at high speed. "Don't worry, I won't leave you behind ... but I won't leave you an advantage either".

Mercury had used that ability (Follow Me) before on many people on campus, whether it was cheating in a race during recess or helping some students, or even faculty members, to get to their classroom on time.

And with that little help to his companion, he began to head towards the port in search of the remaining students who were to come in the Bloody Bones, running backwards to control that Neon followed him or that he did not get too far ahead of him... her... that armoured thing.

-------------------------------------------
"Interactions and mentions"

Mercury talks with Neon ( Toivoajarakkaus Toivoajarakkaus )
Mentions Jezzabelle ( Xcelgamer Xcelgamer ) and Akane ( Tattletale Tattletale )

1600824634872.png
Tryxla Drekavac - Obsidian Brigade
Mood: Embarrassed - Comforted
Interactions - Pepsionne Pepsionne (Alistair and Cherry)​

As Tryxla finished dragging herself to her feet, she smiled sheepishly at the beautifully luminescent ophidian. "I'm okay Cherry, I promise. If a fall could do that much damage, I'd be living in a plastic bubble at this point," she ran her slender fingers through a mass of her thick silvery hair. As her eyes found their way in Alistair's direction she couldn't help but smile. Tryx had always appreciated his attempts to make conversation, no matter how dry and coarse his well-intended words fell.

“If nothing is hurt too badly, would you like to head to orientation together? We’re both Obsidian Brigade anyways so we can catch any information the other missed.” Despite his monotonous tone, Tryx could tell Alistair's invitation was sincere. Despite having every intention of blending into the shadows in the back of the ballroom during orientation, she felt her eyes brighten at the invitation to accompany Alistair to the event. If she remembered anything about her acquaintance, she was certain Alis would be sitting front and center. Even though that was the furthest venture from her original intentions, Tryxla's need for companionship outweighed her desire to maintain a certain level of invisibility.

"Sure I'd really like the company," the answer finally effusing into audible words. Her, now sage green, eyes passed between Alistair and Cherry as she turned to the direction of the ballroom. "Did you have a nice holiday?" Tryxla asked, after dredging her brain for some semblance of small talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back