• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

MorroCastle

Hi all, and thank you for checking my post out. I’ve been feeling a strong desire to create a story with someone again and figured I’d go ahead and post here and see what happens. I am not yet familiar with all the terminology of RPN, so please feel free to inquire after something I may not have explained well enough.

I have previously only RP’d within the context of online game worlds and chat apps, forums, and Google Docs. I’ve since wandered away from game RP, but I’ve never lost the love for posting back and forth with someone who also enjoys writing literate, thoughtful RP.

I have the most experience RPing within a historical or fantasy type setting though I have dabbled in a futuristic scifi world before. I am open to using IP settings but I am not into fandom canon character RPs. Generic and homebrew worlds could interest me too.

Yes to:

• Long term story building, I’d love to see our story progress over time
  • Writing paragraphs; no pressure for word limits, but I’d like someone who enjoys writing longer content than a sentence or two.
  • Adventure, exploration or mystery themes are great!
  • Writing RP as a series of letters or journal entries is an interesting possibility to me
  • Character evolution. I strongly prefer the climb to greatness rather than viewing the world from the top.
  • Romance is okay, if it fits the context of the story and is not forced. I do not expect 18+ content from you.
  • Slice of life is okay. My own characters tend to always be average Joes.
  • If you happen to like writing poetry or puzzles, this would be amazing (but not required!)
  • OOC communication to make sure the story is going how we want. Please let me know what’s on your mind, we should both have fun with this.

No to:

• Anime/school/furry/young adult
  • Fetishes/wish fulfillment
  • Edgy (abuse/torture/mental illness/etc)
  • Underage partners, please be legally an adult

RP:

I play male exclusively. Your character can be whatever gender you like.​
I have only done MxF romance before.​
As said, I always play a regular guy or underdog to start with. Perhaps I’ll build up to become something special, perhaps not. Who knows where the story will take me?​
I have some interest in the following IP game/book settings: Warhammer 40k, Destiny 2, Orwellian, Hyboria, Kingdoms of Amalur, Cthulhu, and many others I’m probably forgetting. I read and play prolifically, so go ahead and ask --- I might be interested.​
I have tagged other settings I could be interested in. Historical, idyllic agrarian, survival, cyberpunk, hacker, and post apocalyptic could be cool.​
I am not a huge fan of detailed character sheets, as I like to keep some quirks and secrets to be revealed through ongoing roleplay. I prefer to share a brief physical summary instead. If using facegrabs, I prefer to use realistic paintings for myself.​
I want to exchange posts privately here or via Google Docs if you prefer, at least at first.​
I have historically written in third person with second person referential sentences. I am mindful of grammar and spelling, but I am not a demanding schoolmarm.​
I do have old RP posts I could share with you if you’re interested in seeing my style and what you could expect from me. Feel free to send a sample of yours too.​
I am an adult with real world responsibilities and other hobbies, so I don’t expect daily replies from a potential partner. I would like someone who could do a post every few days, though.​
That said, let's go ahead and address the elephant in the room: ghosting. I totally understand if someone is not feeling the RP or if something comes up in real life. I just ask potential partners to please respect my time and energy as I will respect theirs. Let me know if you want to drop RP - no hard feelings, ever - or give me a status update periodically ("Hey I won't have time to write a response until Wednesday!") It's just basic human courtesy.​
Any of this sound good to you? Please shoot me a message so we can discuss this further. I'd appreciate it if you could include your own interests and needs with your message. :)
Have a great day and I hope you find the RP you're looking for!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back