• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Famine can topple any dynasty faster than any invasion.

and army does march in its stomach, which is why you gotta have bulky logistics u.u

I feel like even if they don't get along personally, Long, Shen and Yu will def be working together a lot lmao
Such is why I was quick to act on food on cs making.

I could make a laundry list of things he would want and need, I just need time to post and get word on how things are going.

Gottchyea, then Yu will start with the simple, painstaking and ultimate task.

Figuring out what they're god damn working with.

Litterally, they have to know exactly what the state of the tools are, the state of their supply at this very moment and what is projected, if there are any ongoing priblems, what type of animals do they have, what are people doing to the fields, what do people need to be doing to the fields.

And most of all.

Whats the state of, and how many, workers and how much land do they have.

Hes good at hands on work, but degligation, acertaining who is best for what job, figuring out who has been doing what the longest, who is at a breaking point and several other things are also important.

Thankfully, Yu is earth alligned, authority is his port of call, we can make this work.

We just have to WORK
This is the ultimate goal. But it cannot all be done within the confines of this particular mission. We are here in the OOC to give you any information you might inquire in order to make a better post.

"It will! I'll make sure of it"

*Proceeds to make mouthwatering wonders*
We will not have the luxury, nor the resources, to make a feast out of every meal. it is simply not endurable. And it is also impossible to make food spicy, when there is no spice.

This is the ultimate goal. But it cannot all be done within the confines of this particular mission. We are here in the OOC to give you any information you might inquire in order to make a better post.
Understood.

I should ask, will Yu have a formal office anywhere? Or shall he just repurpose a shack and keep his writting on the wall?

I take it, his destination would be storehouses? Or perhaps some people await him at the fields?

Understood.

I should ask, will Yu have a formal office anywhere? Or shall he just repurpose a shack and keep his writting on the wall?

I take it, his destination would be storehouses? Or perhaps some people await him at the fields?
we build him an office adjacent to the storehouses and fields

Understood.

Can Han share the shack to keep his link analysis on one of the walls?

First ask to lord Dao.

"Can we make this shitty shack bigger?"

Damafaud Damafaud Due to my delays we couldn't get more of the talking scene, so I offer that we treat the pair as having talked a fair bit in the catching up department during the banquet before it ended.

and we can work out anything more specific for the sake of a fun conversation as well and setting anything up ahead

P.S I'll write my shen post assuming this but I can easily edit it later after everything is discussed

After all, you were discussing army morale, and not the quality of luxury afforded to you by the most extravagant structure in the territory.

After all, you were discussing army morale, and not the quality of luxury afforded to you by the most extravagant structure in the territory.
For an army what you need during a rough march is something that is not bland and that is filling.

So really, it don't need to be a feast, but letting a practiced feast cook make a lot of food the best possible with was provided would def be a morale booster... if needing to lead anyone else who is cooking for the army as well to make up for the numbers.

It doesn't need to blow anyone's mind, just keep a marching grumpy soldier content with a well thought out recipe u.u

Last edited:
Idk, back home in new foundland hard tack is/was common in meals.

And honestly its not bad... just really hard.

Google newfie hardbread, its a strange taste.

Understood.

The manor is not an official state palace, and as such any facilities there may be are currently ramshackled. He may, in the future, receive his own building.

Go to the fields, we have our Master of Convoys overseeing the military stockpile as of present. Though, I suppose, you could check agricultural storages as well.

For an army what you need during a rough march is something that is not bland and that is filling.

So really, it don't need to be a feast, but letting a practiced feast cook make a lot of food the best possible with was provided would def be a morale booster... if needing to lead anyone else who is cooking for the army as well to make up for the numbers.

It doesn't need to blow anyone's mind, just keep a marching grumpy soldier content with a well thought out recipe u.u
We aren't dealing with MREs. The ideal is simply not possible in vast majority of cases. Therefore we settle for what can be done to adequacy.

And, frankly, if you can avoid having to actually cook your food for the army, you gain much.

We aren't dealing with MREs. The ideal is simply not possible in vast majority of cases. Therefore we settle for what can be done to adequacy.
True. But to make something not awful out of whatever supplies one can procure that last for enough or are easy to forage is valuable and possible.

Before MREs and canned foods, what you could carry and was conserved + scavenged did the trick.

Specially if you had a good head to say, cook with the hard dried meat you had alongside using a hardtack to thicken a stew and add calories.

You do underestimate how often people at the very least boiled their food or did something with their supplies beyond JUST eating them plain as well

If you ensure an army is constantly happy (which is impossible), you run yourself ragged and you will destroy yourself. Not to mention it is inefficient. Therefore, you have to make sure they are, instead, not angry enough to desert, betray, or backstab. Whether that be through food or not.

If you ensure an army is constantly happy (which is impossible), you run yourself ragged and you will destroy yourself. Therefore, you have to make sure they are, instead, not angry enough to desert, betray, or backstab. Whether that be through food or not.
Which I did mention! You are not looking for super happy soldiers, but contentness or as close to that as you can get

True. But to make something not awful out of whatever supplies one can procure that last for enough or are easy to forage is valuable and possible.

Before MREs and canned foods, what you could carry and was conserved + scavenged did the trick.

Specially if you had a good head to say, cook with the hard dried meat you had alongside using a hardtack to thicken a stew and add calories.

You do underestimate how often people at the very least boiled their food or did something with their supplies beyond JUST eating them plain as well
I underestimate nothing of such sort. I am saying it is unideal.

Which I did mention! You are not looking for super happy soldiers, but contentness or as close to that as you can get
Oh and to add to this. When I mentioned dragging the chef, that's more so considered for an emergency situation of a very forceful march. Taxing on the administrators themselves? for sure. But its the kind of measure one might need to keep desertion and mutiny low during a force march

Users who are viewing this thread

Back