• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Kazragun - OOC

Orcs huh? It would be worthy for someone to pick Half Elf Rouge/Ranger and paint themselves red. Cauz da red wuns go fasta dunnit ya Pinkies?

I see that fixes the rouge problem. Not that would have helped in our 3.5 game, but nonetheless that is perfect. The thing that sucks the most is that after the undead game ended we picked up the book of the undead and it had the feat where you could sneak attack undead. Our former rouge swearing could be heard in Seattle.

They fixed a lot in Pathfinder. For the main example, Paladins are not useless any more. Seriously. Nobody I ever met played a Paladin and expected any good results. Normally our games were filled with bastard coated bastards with bastard fillings running along the N to CN range, but even in the one game we ran where we all decided to play the icons of good. The Exalted Good game, not one out of the five of us picked Paladin. We had a kindly old wizard who used his tricks to amuse children, a ranger who brought in morning hunts to local farming villages, a bard who used illusions to tell heroic stories and dreamed of becoming a grand hero, a Psion who ran an Orphanage and sent back a third of all his money to care for it, and me, the Vow of Poverty Monk who traveled the land dressed in a simple smock with nothing on him save a single silver from the last treasure that he would give to the first single mother he came across. All those wonderful characters. No Paladin. Cause they sucked. 

I see that fixes the rouge problem. Not that would have helped in our 3.5 game, but nonetheless that is perfect. The thing that sucks the most is that after the undead game ended we picked up the book of the undead and it had the feat where you could sneak attack undead. Our former rouge swearing could be heard in Seattle.

They fixed a lot in Pathfinder. For the main example, Paladins are not useless any more. Seriously. Nobody I ever met played a Paladin and expected any good results. Normally our games were filled with bastard coated bastards with bastard fillings running along the N to CN range, but even in the one game we ran where we all decided to play the icons of good. The Exalted Good game, not one out of the five of us picked Paladin. We had a kindly old wizard who used his tricks to amuse children, a ranger who brought in morning hunts to local farming villages, a bard who used illusions to tell heroic stories and dreamed of becoming a grand hero, a Psion who ran an Orphanage and sent back a third of all his money to care for it, and me, the Vow of Poverty Monk who traveled the land dressed in a simple smock with nothing on him save a single silver from the last treasure that he would give to the first single mother he came across. All those wonderful characters. No Paladin. Cause they sucked. 

Oh yea, Paladins got the buff they needed, thank god. 

Sounds like a fun group actually, i'd kill for some good hearted noble bright fun.

Yeah, in the current Pathfinder rules, I like the Paladin.  I've pulled them out on more than one occasion.

Yeah, in the current Pathfinder rules, I like the Paladin.  I've pulled them out on more than one occasion.

i've seen the one you've done a few times, pity she's never seened much action...

@Silanon, what is your ruling on a lizardfolk barbarian? Just an option running through my head. It is one of the standard races listed on the SRD.

If it's a go I hope you learn common or one of the bards learn lizzardeeze. I'm surprised I can speak common. 

Ok, a quick game mechanics question for those that know the system better than I do.  I have a +1 to my melee attack from my Str, but I also have the feat that lets me use my Dex bonus to hit with small melee weapons.  Does the +1 from my Str add to the +4 from my Dex making it a +5, or does the Dex bonus replace the Str bonus?  I would think that the second is the most likely option, but I want to make sure I'm doing my bonuses correctly.

Ok, a quick game mechanics question for those that know the system better than I do.  I have a +1 to my melee attack from my Str, but I also have the feat that lets me use my Dex bonus to hit with small melee weapons.  Does the +1 from my Str add to the +4 from my Dex making it a +5, or does the Dex bonus replace the Str bonus?  I would think that the second is the most likely option, but I want to make sure I'm doing my bonuses correctly.

it replaces it, you still use str to damage though. 

As I suspected, but I had to ask.  Thank you.

I'm here for anything you need. 

A good thing to note is to, if you ahve the mind to, add gauntlet to your weapon attacks, it's considered a light weapon so weapon finesse works with it, only does a 1d3+str, x2 crit but the blunt damage part will come majorly in handy say something comes up that is a first level party's bane, like 1-3 skeletons. 

DR5/ bludgeoning causes more trouble than you think, even with a cleric in the party.

I'll add that to my sheet right away.  I hadn't considered that before.

Alright, just had a lot to read through - I'll certainly try to give the rogue enough things to stab from behind.

@DicerOnly problem I see would be communication - other than that, I'd be interested to see what comes out of it. No veto from my side.

Also, we'll have @Clockwork Syringejoining - I'll probably close the door for now, seven people seem to be a good number to start with.

That should give me plenty of people to hide behind as I sneak into a flanking position to do my stabity stabity routine.

So @Orikanyo and I are both playing bards. To keep things balanced Imay change then. @Silanon how do you feel about gunslinger's or cavaliers? I have one of each. Thecavalier would be a great meat shield as my halfing ridingin on an armored wolf would be quite the thing to fear, but I also have a very sassy elf musket master that I enjoy using as well. I could also sitdown andlookthrought the other classes once my power returns.

@KiroshivenI hope the hurricane didn't do too much harm - haven't had the time to check the news yet. As for the character: Both variants already gave me some ideas story-wise, so that's a good sign. As long as your mount won't drown in the swamps and we agree that firearms are a rare sight and were only recently developed, I would be fine either way.

@KiroshivenI hope the hurricane didn't do too much harm - haven't had the time to check the news yet. As for the character: Both variants already gave me some ideas story-wise, so that's a good sign. As long as your mount won't drown in the swamps and we agree that firearms are a rare sight and were only recently developed, I would be fine either way.

I would likely take one of the same traits as our rogue friend then. The noble birth that gives increased gold. The  Raven would naturally be able to get access to firearms. And I'd likely make it where she could craft bulletsand such. But yeah, I think I'll go with my gunslinger. Raven is a lot of fun and coming up with her story will be interesting.

We'll have a group of nobles crawling through the swamps - sounds good to me. Remind me to let you roll survival checks, just to see if you run in circles until the rogue's flanking looks like a bog monster raising from the mud.

We'll have a group of nobles crawling through the swamps - sounds good to me. Remind me to let you roll survival checks, just to see if you run in circles until the rogue's flanking looks like a bog monster raising from the mud.

She won't be your traditional noble. I assure you.

Okay! @SilanonThanks for letting me try something unique, plus swamp location plays into my lizzie quite well Working on getting my Lizardfolk Barbarian together.No worries on communication. Heh. Heh. I have an idea to cover that issue.

So @Orikanyo and I are both playing bards. To keep things balanced Imay change then. @Silanon how do you feel about gunslinger's or cavaliers? I have one of each. Thecavalier would be a great meat shield as my halfing ridingin on an armored wolf would be quite the thing to fear, but I also have a very sassy elf musket master that I enjoy using as well. I could also sitdown andlookthrought the other classes once my power returns.

I was doing a dervish dancer, so most of which the things you imagine are "bardly" don't exact extend to my companions such as the inspire link of class features. 

You can still fufill the role of a bard, I mainly said bard to get my foot in the door... Since I know myself, I float through character ideas like nothing.

I'm fine with it. As long as you're a good person and aim your spells well, Aeon will be happy to have you as a boon companion. Plus a little extra magic never hurt anyone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back