• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Kazragun - OOC

K
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

First try to get things to work...
OOC - Kazragun

Silanon

Four Thousand Club
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Questions, remarks, awful jokes and notifications - whatever is not in-character goes here.

I'll add more info during the next few days, just thought I'd get the thread up already in case someone wants to post questions or character-related things here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright!  First post goes to Sherwood!  BTW, Silanon, thanks for including me in this game.

Thanks for joining - and reminding me to invite all the others :)

Let me also help out by posting this for all the people new to Pathfinder:

simple-gaming-flowchart.jpg

@DicerWe changed from 15 to 20 pts for point-buy - so you'll be able to upgrade your attributes a little bit. Glad to have you with us.

What stats are you looking for? If you mean the attributes - you'll have to assign them according to the point values given in the character creation outline in the srd. As a wizard, you want to focus on having Intelligence, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, Intelligence is main, Dexterity (Good cause no armor and some spells require dex use) and Con (Cause Wizards are squishy) are all good picks as secondary. 

The bar promptly reveals it's true form, a mimic.

Roll for initative.

Here's the funny thing. In my RL games. I'm always stuck playing the Cleric. Not a single solitary person wants to play the healer, no matter what game we play. So as time progressed I just naturally fell into Cleric mode. Even in Neverwinter my first character was a Cleric. What do I do when I get the chance to stretch my proverbial wings? Play the damn cleric. 

lol.  I understand.  I'm trying my hand at the Rogue since it is a new experience for me. 

I tend to go towards martial characters, charging head first as a cavalier, big man with a big sword. 

Today I can be a fancy Dancy slashy dervish dancer.

I've played the heavy damaging two-handed sword wielder, the mage/cleric combo, paladins, and the deicated archer.  Today, its the rogue.

I'm here as well! Melee Meat Shield to the front! Oh yeah, the size of my sword is NOT compensating for anything. I'm trying something new to see if it works well.  Plus it gives my character some RP Flavor..

Seems good to me at first glance - I'll have a more detailed look at the character sheets tomorrow, it's getting rather late here.

I'm here as well! Melee Meat Shield to the front! Oh yeah, the size of my sword is NOT compensating for anything. I'm trying something new to see if it works well.  Plus it gives my character some RP Flavor..

Alright, rules lawyer here, l me give yea some tips here. 

A large sized one handed weapon becomes a medium two handed weapon, still with the -4 but it essentually becomes a greatsword. 

Say you were a titan fighter(fighter archetype) you could use a large sized greatsword for 3d6 but with a -6. (or was it a -8?) 

If you want to use a good large sized weapon, get a large sized bastard sword, due to it being a hand and a half sword ie: usable in both or one hands it's technically a one handed sword, thus becoming large means you only take a -4 for it to become a two handed 2D8 weapon. 

Sorry to be the stick of dynamite to destroy the statue of dreams, but I've dealt with a lot of large sized weapon characters as a player, shit can get wicked awesome but if @Silanon wants to do it this way it's all good.

Actually, the penalty for inappropriate sized weapons penalty is -2 per size difference. Large is just one size category different from medium ergo -2 penalty. I will be using a spiked heavy shield with improved shield bash and two-weapon fighting. The combination gives me a total two-weapon penalty of -6/-4. With strength modifier +2, BAB +1, and masterwork for the long sword, my combat penalties are -2/-1. I have factored all this into my character. Also, as mental exercises, I plan out my level path through level 20 so when I get higher levels, I can upgrade much more quickly than trying to decide where I want to go.

Also, since I am using a shield, I can't switch from one to two-handed use weapons. Also the bastard sword requires an exotic weapon proficiency feat to use one handed without a -4 proficiency penalty. Plus I'm not trying to min/max my weapon. Longsword usage is automatically given to fighters.

Aside from this, I usually disdain archtypes. Too much like min/maxing for my tastes. I prefer to use the core class with feats and skills to add RP flavor.

Hope this mollifies your rules lawyer instinct.

I just use the pointy end of my short swords to do the stabity thing from the shadows.

Actually, the penalty for inappropriate sized weapons penalty is -2 per size difference. Large is just one size category different from medium ergo -2 penalty. I will be using a spiked heavy shield with improved shield bash and two-weapon fighting. The combination gives me a total two-weapon penalty of -6/-4. With strength modifier +2, BAB +1, and masterwork for the long sword, my combat penalties are -2/-1. I have factored all this into my character. Also, as mental exercises, I plan out my level path through level 20 so when I get higher levels, I can upgrade much more quickly than trying to decide where I want to go.

Hope this mollifies your rules lawyer instinct.

I'm less talking about modifiers and more the hands needed to wield it. 

For one handed weapons.

Medium -> large requires two hands.

Large -> medium requires one. 

Sorry if it all comes of finger waggy I'm just getting this right, if I end up having done this wrong, then I have, no skin off my nose.

It used to work that way in D&D 3.0. D&D 3.5 changed it so the size of the weapon penalty is based off the wielder of the appropriate size. Smaller users get penalized for not being able to hold it correctly, not for suddenly losing his proficiency. Regardless of size, fighters are proficient with martial weapons. Inappropriate sized weapons means it is unwieldy, but he still knows the correct way to use it.

And Pathfinder continues this version of the usage rule.

This is from the Pathfinder SRD.

Weapon Size

Every weapon has a size category. This designation indicates the size of the creature for which the weapon was designed.

A weapon's size category isn't the same as its size as an object. Instead, a weapon's size category is keyed to the size of the intended wielder. In general, a light weapon is an object two size categories smaller than the wielder, a one-handed weapon is an object one size category smaller than the wielder, and a two-handed weapon is an object of the same size category as the wielder.

Inappropriately Sized Weapons: A creature can't make optimum use of a weapon that isn't properly sized for it. A cumulative –2 penalty applies onattack rolls for each size category of difference between the size of its intended wielder and the size of its actual wielder. If the creature isn't proficient with the weapon, a –4 nonproficiency penalty also applies.

The measure of how much effort it takes to use a weapon (whether the weapon is designated as a light, one-handed, or two-handed weapon for a particular wielder) is altered by one step for each size category of difference between the wielder's size and the size of the creature for which the weapon was designed. For example, a Small creature would wield a Medium one-handed weapon as a two-handed weapon. If a weapon's designation would be changed to something other than light, one-handed, or two-handed by this alteration, the creature can't wield the weapon at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back