• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Kazragun - OOC

Read the part underneath the inappropriately sized weapons part, it's not about penalties, it's the effort of the weapon to be used. 

A large sized longsword has the same effort usage as per a greatsword. 

As such it cannot be used in one hand. 

That's what I'm sayin' yo.

Now I could use a large longsword two-handed without penalty, but that is not how I've built this fighter. Hence why I am willing to take the size penalties.

It means you CANNOT use the large sized one handed weapon as one handed medium weapon no matter the penalty. It will be a -2 because t's not intended for your size, that's it, doesn't mean you can weild it as a one handed weapon with increased penlties, it's like wielding a greatsword in one hand, something monkey grip(from 3.5) and the titan mauler barbarian archetype specifically gets as a class ability.

That magic item actually allows you to do so, so with 2500 gold you can! Of course, it's basicly a thing you'd have to buy for every new weapon you get that you want to use but it can definitly allow you to do that.

Fine. Killjoy. Ruin my build concept. My interpretation on the rule will just have to conflict with yours. That being said. I'll rework my character accordingly. }X^P.

Call me what you will, but 4+ years of trying to break this bloody system in favor of martials have brought me down more possible builds then I will willingly admit.

It hurts to do it to another, but in the end ask Silanon if he okays it, GM has last say in all things, and it's not like your breaking it. 

To @SilanonI'm going to be changing my character. A lot. So Cavin O'Fearghal will not be used. New character posted once I get it assembled. It will still be a meat shield, just with a different recipe.

Just remember, I have a lot of healing, so you can go all offense. I'll be at the front lines with you anyway.

Just remember, I have a lot of healing, so you can go all offense. I'll be at the front lines with you anyway.

praise be to the Anti-death cleric. 

praise be to the Anti-death cleric. 

Speaking of which, I have a trait that insta-stops you all from knocking on death's door. Just in case I run out of spells, then we can carry you home and give you some nice hot Dwarven Ale soup. 

Speaking of which, I have a trait that insta-stops you all from knocking on death's door. Just in case I run out of spells, then we can carry you home and give you some nice hot Dwarven Ale soup. 

it's the one that allows you to use stabilize right? Not a bad choice I'll admit. 

it's the one that allows you to use stabilize right? Not a bad choice I'll admit. 

Yeah. I figured it was fitting for the Cleric. I also maxed out my AC and my HP as much as possible to ensure I don't die and thus the party loses its band-aid. 

Yeah. I figured it was fitting for the Cleric. I also maxed out my AC and my HP as much as possible to ensure I don't die and thus the party loses its band-aid. 

I shall do my best to keep from harm so that you don't need to waste precious standard actions. 

Plus bard gets some nice healing as well, so you can have your nurse(or second if the other bard still goes the same path). 

As for Monkey Grip...I remember back in the day when my old group and I would do our best to break 3.5 like a little tea kettle. I had a half giant oh what was it...Bladestorm? I can't remember and can't be assed to go look it up. The book that made plain fighters obsolete, the one with maneuvers. Normally I would get to use weapons one size larger than me. So that's large. Then I picked up Monkey Grip. That made it Huge. Then I took the Prestige Class that made it so you threw your damn weapons. I took a pair of Dwarven Axes and tore the battle up. I was a beast. Until I was killed by our Min/Maxed Frenzied Bezerker because the penguin bard and the Spell Touched Cat with a Cat Familiar Wizard were too far away to cast hold person in time. We all learned a valuable lesson. Pick someone who can run faster than the Barbarian if you're going to be in close combat with them. 

I may not be able to help with the healing, but give me a good flank attack with my dual wield swords and I'm doing some sizable damage, even at level 1.

That will be helpful. I do fighter level damage, 1d10+2 and I could always use a +2 to my attack so I don't have to use a precious spell on tougher opponents. Though if they are undead, pfft. Redeath will come swiftly, and a light shimmering wave of healing will come down on us. 

I may not be able to help with the healing, but give me a good flank attack with my dual wield swords and I'm doing some sizable damage, even at level 1.

can't go wrong with effectively getting two greatswords of damage in(1d6+1d6 yo). 

Most my buffing will come from spells, as my inspire will be only personal with dervish dancer.

With my dual wield, I'll do two hits of 2d6 each.  At this level, that is quite a bit.

With my dual wield, I'll do two hits of 2d6 each.  At this level, that is quite a bit.

Not to mention what str you have. 

Gona be worthwhile to get agile on those swords though.

Not to mention what str you have. 

Gona be worthwhile to get agile on those swords though.

What is Agile?  While I know Pathfinder fairly well, I am not the expert at it that I am in Robotech.

Let's just hope what we are fighting has decernible anatomies. That was a large issue with former games. The rouge was forced to turn into a ranger because we were always running into undead. Then again running a rouge in a campaign titles Lords of the Everdead City was probably a poor choice on her part. 

Let's just hope what we are fighting has decernible anatomies. That was a large issue with former games. The rouge was forced to turn into a ranger because we were always running into undead. Then again running a rouge in a campaign titles Lords of the Everdead City was probably a poor choice on her part. 

From the description of the game so far, we'll be facing off against a lot of orcs.  Plenty good enough for a Sneak Attack.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2k1ia&page=1?Sneak-and-critical-damage-on-undead-constucts

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2m4vj?Undead-immune-to-critssneak-attack

:^) 

in Pf constructs and undead are not immune to sneak attack unless specifically stated. 

The creatures  that aren't effected by sneak attack are

1) Elementals(back stabbing a rock or living flame?)

2) Ooze(because... you know)

3)incorporeal(Since they are kinda ghosts n' shit)

people seemed to neglect to see this rule change since 3.5 and pf are so very similar, but in PF they said "okay this ruins rogues." and said only above can resist the sneaky deaky attacks~! Since you cans till smack a zombie in the brain case, a weak point of a monster doesn't need to be flesh to be a weak point.

Hmm.  Interesting.  I already have the feat of Weapon Finesse that lets me use my Dex to target with a lightweight weapon instead of using Str.  If I read that right, it would then add my Dex bonus to damage, right?  I like it.

You can also take one of the grace feats.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/slashing-grace-combat

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/fencing-grace-combat

but these require you to not do two weapon fighting to get them, up to you in the end. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back