• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg
Ah what lovely sunshine—

The bird took a large, deep breath. It was fine beforehand that Besitter did not respond to her query--he, after all, presented it in a manner that would intrigue her. It was, by her own eyes, something that was in the control--the hands of another--but this...this pillar--

What the heck?? Did that feeling not come from this stupid stone then?? Or was somebody making her out to be a goddamn fool?!!? Ahhh...no, no, no, no, no, no--it was this damned stone. Yes, yes, this damned stone that was making her out to be a God-forsaken fool--which, she probably was, considering the fact that she became this goddamned, tiny, useless little bird in the first place--but it wasn't as if she hadn't acknowledged it. It wasn't as if she didn't already know this--it wasn't as if she wanted to be reminded of this--

Raising her head and beak with frustration, she would proceed to angrily peck and scratch helplessly at the pillar--at least, before a laughter (from Ophenia) would erupt--disrupting her originally intended progression as the bird would clear its throat--chirping as cutely as she could muster. Instead, the chirp would come out somewhat awkwardly--as if there were a crackling growling in her throat.

Realizing the strangeness of the noise that retreated from her throat, she would clear her throat thrice more. "...A-Ahem...Ahem! Err...yes," she bobbed her head about, "you'd be right, Ophenia. This color is quite easy to stain with even the smallest smidgens of impurity. Once it is tainted, it is tainted forever," she mused back, her voice calming alongside the bobbing of which she had previously exuded. "Perhaps such stains may be hidden, but never are they truly, truly gone. I ought to be quite careful with this...unique coloration..."

For the rest of her time upon the pillar, the bird would simply seat herself coolly upon it--eventually accepting the realization perhaps that she would never be able to realize what it was that feeling was. It was not the first time she would find herself forced to reach such a conclusion, but in the eyes of the present, it was one she found memorable for then--even as that strange "missing" feeling remained.

Silent would she remain, suddenly present upon Ophenia's interjection--rather excited regarding the realization of the idea for a sleeping party, once again finding herself upon another chuckle as she would follow along the group to begin their departure, flying upon Finn's shoulder for good safety and measure as she would address Ophenia, attempting to ignore, shake off the previously lingering feeling.

"I suppose a sleeping party it could be an enjoyable time, Ophenia, though I must ask...what sorts of enjoyable evening activities could there even be...?"

66f19fc86b855cd9b86c0b8054d2e49c.jpg

Bay (Besitter), some guy at the Pavilion
"Something about the woods, huh? Well, this is Cotton Top Forest--not to be confused with the Parched Woods which immediately border the sands encompassing the Pavilion. While the Parched Woods are considered by local sovereigns to be the Pavilion's land, the Cotton Top Forest is neutral territory.
"Both the Parched Woods and Cotton Top Forest are wild. Very few cultivation efforts have been made aside from the roads you saw on the way here and, of course, this harvesting site we're trekking to. All very wild, but typically the Parched Woods contain more of the typical sort of game for hunting. Larger, more exotic, and by extension, dangerous creatures roam out here in Cotton Top.
"As its name might suggest, the terrain in the Parched Woods is much dryer and for the most part safe to wander around in beyond the borders of the trails. Out here in Cotton Top, however, conditions are typically wetter, swamp-like at times, which explains my earlier warning about quicksand. Thankfully we've been having a bit of a dry spell lately, so today was ideal for making this trip. That isn't to say that there is no danger, but chances of sinking up to your hair in the muck is a bit lower than normal.

"And if my exhilarating trail isn't entertaining enough for you...then you can all actually stop because I was just wondering how long I could make you follow me like this. I was expecting someone to something way sooner honestly! As a way of apology let me offer a wager: I have a gold ducat (duchy currency) for anyone that can find me a rare species of flower that only grows in Cotton Top. It has blue petals and red thorns. Shamans say it can cure blindness!"

Bay's monologue finishes as they approach a rather tall cliff. He looks up, then turns back to Finn.

"Alright, Tin Tin, you give me a boost up, then I'll get an eyeful while pulling the ladies up, or I give you a boost up, and I get an eyeful while lifting the ladies up. Your choice." Bay said nonchalantly. Pausing to let Finn sort out the proposal for a moment, Bay continued, "That was a joke, Tin Tin. We have an Academy student here who can use barriers. If she wouldn't mind, I bet she could build us an effortless path to the top of the ridge."

fd2bb7b163b9a93befef8d01cb918ce1.jpg

Finnegan Huttman
5d41fa7dac76aaa0010b75595db06e1d.jpg
Finn was listening, trying to draw a better understanding of the whole thing. "Aight, so, were in the Cotton top woods, can only imagine it got the name from something dealing with the tops of the trees. My guess is the stuff were out hee to collect, textiles and stuff are made of cotton, so, begs reasoning eh?" He pauses to, now consider, Bae's offer... Ah... So they were on that side... He can appreciate a fellow appreciator. So, why not?

"Hah, well with my strength I can easily hoist up anyone here- Ah." Ah it was a joke, damn, what a true waste. Perhaps he didn't have the strength to follow through? Though, this point he had to ask... "Have any preferences then Bae? Above or below?" He played abit coy on the matter, surely he got what he was getting at. "I've always prefered below. A solid foundation really brings it all together yea know.

Something to be said for the top but..." the knight shrugged, looking as innocent and pure as a spring maiden. "...Ah right the barriers, well we don't wana be expending too much magical powers right? Abit of leg and arm work never hurt anybody our troupe here is quite healthy bodied."

His counter point had some weight.

"Mustn't let magic do all the work in our hike."

Pure intentioned for certain...

But he took a moment to consider the group...

"...I guess we wouldn't need to help Seven, she IS a bird. Having wings would be a blessing in truth, probably nice to have."

Last edited:
Ophenianew.png
NOT IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN... Or maidenly bystanders.
Bubbly steps along foliage and dirt, Ophenia didn't pay much mind to where she was headed or where she was stepping. Sometimes she'd make a wrong step and almost fall onto her face, but like with dancing to a new song choreography, she'd catch herself in due time. Somehow.

"Ah, that's right!" Ophenia cheerful spoke out loud, turning toward Seven. She showed a very cheerful expression on her face, almost excited. Her Resonator shimmered bright yellow in response to her excitement and eagerness to tell. "Well, Dear Seven! Ever since I had found out what a sleepover was, I relentlessly started writing down every activity and idea I could think of in my head! As of today, I have 143 activities of which I have thought up with thorough research!" The sylphid informed Seven with a cheery tone as she giggled, while she thought of how fun it'd be. Ophenia took a deep breath, and then;

"I have so many things of which I've thought of! Doing each other's hair, doing each other's cosmetic makeup, talking about the deeper meaning of time and space, talking about the theories of magical manipulation, trying and making new foods, divine summoning rituals, making friendship bracelets, meditation, reading books together... And the list goes on!" Ophenia told Seven with a cheery tone as she continued stepping along the path. Ophenia obliviously listed the activities she had in mind at random, giving a general idea of the weird shenanigans she perceives as 'ordinary things friends do at a sleepover party.'

But, Ophenia began to shut her mouth as she closely listened to what Bay had to say with a cheerful smile on her face. She became much more excited, gleaming even. "Mr Bay, I didn't know you would be the one to play pranks on people! That's so funny! To be honest, you'd be quite the dancer!" Ophenia replied with a cheery tone of voice. She'd only be saying that since she thinks highly of everyone. Other than that, with gleaming eyes and an excited gesture, the sylph continued. "Also, that's so exciting! Are you talking about blue Roses? Not many flowers have briar. Hmm, but roses don't grow in such moist climates... Ah! How about Myosotises? Hm, Hyacinthuses... Daturae or Hibiscuses... Ah, but none of those mentioned possess thorns, let alone red ones." Ophenia mused her thoughts on which flowers they could've been, but ultimately couldn't come up with an answer. She clapped her hands, as she came up with her conclusion.

"It's a flower I've never heard of! Even more the reason to go and find it! Ah, this will be so fun!" Ophenia excitedly proclaimed as she lift her hands to the air. She took a look around and gazed into the distance. Scanning for any flowers which she might be able to not identify. Nothing of note. Whatever not, Ophenia couldn't linger on this, if she spotted something of note, she'd point it out, right now she had to focus on the mission at hand!

Ophenia was briefly confused at the two men's statements. Scratch briefly, she was bemused, an expression of confusion painted her face. What were they even saying? What were they getting an eyeful of? Is this some sort of new lingo and slang Ophenia had never heard of? Whatever not she was excited with the Idea that Rowan could potentially build a bridge from point A to point B. Chipper as ever the fae turned over to Rowan. "Can you create a form of stairways with your Barriers, Miss Raelynn?" Ophenia asked curiously with an excited tone of voice and starry eyes. She found it amazing that a person could something like that. "That's so delightful! I wish I could do something as great as that! All I can do is illusory tricks, manipulate sound and shepherd the wind. I wish I could make barriers. Ah! But I can make barriers of sound! I guess that counts!" The sylphid spoke cheerfully. Unfortunately, barriers of sound do not give much defensive advantage.

Melissa​

Seeing Ophenia’s look of confusion when Melissa had figured her all out, Melissa would look back at her in disbelief. Was she mistaken all along? Maybe this girl was just just that naive after all and she had been overthinking things all along… wait, no… that’s what she’d want her to think. Perhaps even now, she still refuses to admit her true nature… As expected from a skilled assassin. Well it was true that they had just met after all, maybe she hasn’t deemed Melissa trustworthy enough…

Then, when Ophenia would refer to Melissa as a fan, she’d wonder if there was a hidden meaning behind her words. A newfound fan, huh? Like someone she could trust to have her back? Maybe it was her way of saying that she could trust her, but she wasn’t close enough to be more than just the level of a ‘fan’, and so she can’t outright disclose her true persona at this moment. Hearing about how she wanted to make badges and hand them out to her fans, Melissa could imagine her handing out badges to her loyal underlings, to serve as an identification for the people who served directly under her. The pink girl would talk about requiring her services, perhaps to make weapons and armor for her soldiers.

This woman may potentially be a huge threat, and so Melissa determined it would be best to play along with her act so as to not anger her.

“Oh yes! I am a fan, HUGE fan, you can definitely trust me. Oh, don’t worry about money! It will all be free of charge for you.”

Upon hearing the offer to be recruited into the Ryken academy, Melissa would respond, “Thank you for the offer, however as a smith I would prefer to create change in the world with these very hands of mine.” Magic had never been her strong point, but at least now she knew who to look for if she ever needed help entering the academy.

Once again, Ophenia would describe demons as playful creatures, which would lead Melissa to further suspect her. Hearing of her ideas for the sleepover, the summoning rituals, the need for meditation, talking about manipulating magic? She sounded like she owned a cult of some sort. One that summoned the divine, held meditation sessions to hone their spirituality, and experimented on innocent test subjects via magic manipulation. Was it really okay for her to be revealing all of this now? Melissa would glance at her quizzically.

Bay would mention about cotton top forests, to which Melissa would mutter, “Huh, so cotton do grow on trees here.”

Rowan Thorn​
That flower seemed like a scam made by Bay to make fun of them, as he had been doing this entire time. Considering the flowers were so vibrant and strangely colored, they would probably be poisonous instead of able to cure blindness. So she would decline- the fact that Bay offered a gold coin meant it either didn't exist, or was difficult to find. Either way, that meant refusing his offer. "Not today. Maybe when we're not on a time crunch." Rowan replied before stepping up to the ridge and casting her magic.

Well, this was one of the things she was made to do, make a functioning set of stairs to get over things. So she stepped up to the plate, reaching outward to cast her magic. A set of 10ft by 10 ft stairs would appear, five on one side, five on the other. ( Even More Advanced Barrier Stairs-E Grade- 0 Posts) The first set would go up, reach the height, flatten out enough to get over the ridge, and go down again on the other side with evenly- spaced stairs. Then, she would step on said stairs, climbing upward at an even pace until she got to the other side, getting down with a grace that came from a lot of practice. "For safety purposes, one to two people at a time. Even a drop from that height can hurt you, and these steps don't have railings. That I am working on." Rowan called back to the group. Then, as they crossed over, she would be on the lookout for anything set to attack them.

Ophenia's naiveté was like a psychotic little child's- not knowing that Bay and Finn were talking about sex, especially in terms of the positions they preferred, but also reveling in armies and bloodshed. Though half of her liked the thought of a new friend, the other was somewhat concerned over how insistent Ophenia was. Melissa seemed more down-to-earth in that regard. The bird hadn't reacted to her much, so she would ignore the bird. "Sure, we can do some sleepover activities. Split them up and we can do them once a week over a period of time. Sleepovers work best in chunks of time." Rowan told Ophenia, as she doubted they could do 143 things in one night. Spacing things out always worked best, and she might get tired of sleepovers. She wasn't even going to touch Finn and Bay's conversation with a 39 and a half foot pole, considering she wasn't attracted to either of them. Or to the others. She didn't know any of them well enough to even want to have a conversation with an intimate topic.

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

Ah, such endearing and innocent sounding activi--

Wait, what in the world was she saying about summoning rituals??

With the fae girl continuing on cheerily with regard to the activities she desired to pursue, she would listen carefully to each of these activities of which she had in mind regardless. Even as she recognized the fae girl as far from being the brightest of minds, she was no fool to not place recognition where recognition was due.

After all, she was still very clearly a magic user, and that spell she had cast whilst upon the court made it quite clear that she was likely to be capable of far more than either she or others had realized or let on. Her knowledge, even if seemingly mistaken or misused in certain instances, still very clearly came from a place of understanding, even if the presence of common cultural contextualization did not appear to be present in her mind.

Cooing cheerily, she chuckled. "...Unfortunate it is that I lack hair. It seems that I wouldn't be able to be part of much of these activities you've presented. I'm sure, regardless, that such an evening would be enjoyable to partake with alongside you."

She intended very, very much to keep her close, just as much as it was valuable to keep others close as well.

Bay would eventually come to answer Finn's question with a mightily informative monologue. With the realization of the several roaming, large, exotic beasts within the Cotton Top, it seemed that it was for the better that she did not attempt to survey the area for the rest of the group. Though for a moment, her ears and curiosity were caught by the rumors of a flower capable of healing blindness, whatever elation might have appeared in her eyes quickly sank down. In spite of the attention placed upon that flower, however, a small question would arise from the bird at the settling in of another small detail.

"...Just from their names and descriptions alone, it would seem that the Cotton Top Forest would have to be a desirable source for resources especially to a place such as the Pavilion," she noted. "Perhaps it may simply be a matter of uncharted territories, but provided that the Parched Woods are already recognized as Pavilion territory, what would be stopping the Pavilion from expanding their domain to contain the Cotton Top Forest as well? Is it a matter of competition? Resources?"

The party eventually came upon the ridge. Finn and Bay would seemingly partake in their own little conversation--one which Seven quite quickly found confusion in following. What was this about 'above' and 'below'? Weren't they just going to help the others get up? Although the bird very much recognized that she could, indeed, as noted by Finn, fly, a part of her was cautious with the reality of the other beasts potentially lurking in the forest.

Then again, they had yet to have truly encountered any monsters by then. And considering that it was probably simply better of her to simply fly across...

Hopping from Finn's shoulder, several flaps resounded as the bird would simply just fly up, looking out if there would have been anything ahead.

"...Ah, right, I can fly," she mentioned aloud, as if to show off playfully. "Ahh--! It's so nice to actually stretch my wings out...!"

Last edited:

Once Rowan manifested the stairs, Bay was quick to fall in line behind her as she scaled to the top of the ledge. He would glance at Finn as the young man tried to continue their banter. Bay was about to answer from the top of the ledge when he suddenly bowed away in another coughing fit. Everyone would reach the top as he recovered. Wiping his mouth on his scarf, Bay would consider Finn a moment before simply saying, "Earlobes."

His attention was then captivated by the bird as she flew around the area of the upper ledge. There was a sparkle in his eye as he watched the small avian creature flit about on her beautiful wings. Bay tugged his scarf a bit closer to his face as he cracked the slightest smile. He cleared his throat as he remembered his purpose and moved to the front of the group.

"Ah, well, you see, my dear, territory is a bit of a touchy matter around here what with all the beastkin. Territorial lot. We found it's best if no one owned Cotton Top Forest and simply left it as unclaimed land. The main reason for that being...well, it's probably better to sh--"

As Bay was about to finish his thought, he suddenly crossed his arms in front of himself as a white spray covered his torso. He was then yanked by the same into the bushes ahead of them. If the party pursues, they will break through the bushes to see Bay being drug off by a couple of spiders approximately the size of large dogs. Surveying the area turns up no other signs of spiders, above or below.

Finnegan

c66bd9ea480e0f52bc1d867bb72447b8.jpg
"I had you pinned as-

...E-earlobes...?" The knight had to pause at that one, hes heard some odd stuff from his fellows before. Some adventurers were into wierd atuff and when you were on the trail there really wasn't much to talk about. But, when push comes to shove, you get to topics like this. Hes heard many an answer, many a lie, but sure as hell he hasn't heard earlobes before... Hes heard hands, armpits, hell even knees... Closer you got to the main stuff the more you could understand... But...

Well, either Bae was lieing and pulling his leg.

Or.

They were a cultured individual he could not understand just yet... Just like the feet folk, no clue why they liked feet... Not his place to judge just... Yea know... Its just odd. But, he can respect it. Through out his thoughts he had crossed his arms, scratched his chin and closed his eyes in deep thought.

He opened them as the beastkin were mentioned, more beastfolk? Oh how lovely maybe they were fluffy like the tigers! That he could get behind, if they had to wrestle one or two maybe he could get a feel of their fur. Gods he was jealous of those beastfolk, such lovely fur, aure little ears and pettable heads. He wanted nothing mote than to.... Ah...?

He watched as the first strands hit Bae, then the rest, then, in the blink, off he was pulled. He barely got to finish his thought!!

Well no time to waste!

"Hold on Bae i'll get yea!!!" Finn called out, rushing on ahead! He would draw out the heavy blade upon his back and make gained upon the dragged Bae, aiming to try and cut the strands between Bae and the spiders. Hopefuly they couldn't drag them away with one o the number not helping anymore!

(Combat actions: Move Move, Attack with 11 grade effectiveness (A+B grade)

Skills used: Fast F 12 feet)

Last edited:
Melissa​

As she climbed the stairs Rowan had created, Melissa would take a moment to admire Seven as she soared high up in the sky. She felt a little jealous, seeing how free the bird was up there. It would be nice if she could learn to fly too, feeling the cool wind in her face as she did so… Yeah right, as if a human could ever fly. Dismissing the foolish thought, she’d let out a sigh of disappointment. However, she didn’t rule it out completely, seeing as how magic could accomplish things that one normally couldn’t. It was a whole new world with many new possibilities, after all.

Bay would then talk about the territories and the beastkin. Melissa would start to look around the trees, daydreaming about what sorts of beastkin existed in this world, before the guide suddenly vanished midway while he was talking, without letting out a scream or any sort of sound whatsoever.

“Huh? Where did he go?” She would rub her eyes, looking all over for him, before following right behind Finn who seemed to know where he was going. Coming across the giant spiders that had abducted their guide, Melissa would slow down to unsheath her sword and bring out her shield, before continuing the chase. “Don’t let them get away!”

Ophenianew.png
Eight legs similar to a flower with eight flowers.
The sylphid laughed at Seven's statement about her lacking hair, after all, there was so much they could still do! "No worries, Miss Seven! I think that your current form is already endearing enough! And you could always braid my hair however way you'd want! I'm... Running out of unique hairstyles." Ophenia cheerfully stated while smiling gently at Seven. She had a tinge of nervousness on her face.

Ophenia's attention turned back to Melissa. She. Was. A. HUGE FAN?! Ophenia's eyes were the windows into her soul, her mind. The resonator fluttering beside Ophenia twinkled brightly as it quickly shifted to a deep sky blue. Ophenia's facial expression showed both extreme delight and unending excitement. "R- Really!?" Ophenia brightly exclaimed. "Does that mean you've been supporting me since my debutante? Ah!! That's so wonderful! What was your favourite song?! Do you have any critiques which you may be able to share?! How about I sing you one of my current drafts?" Ophenia blurted out with an enthusiastic tone. "My my, It's so nice to meet such a special fan in person! But I can't possibly just use your services completely for free... It'd make me feel bad... How about I sing you a song as compensation, Miss Mariam?" Ophenia excitedly spoke in response to Melissa.

The fae marvelled at the barrier-made stairs. It was amazing, was what Ophenia thought and was conveyed aimlessly through her face. Ophenia jubilantly followed after Melissa. Ophenia's mood became a slight bit dimmer when Rowan suggested that they would have to split it up into weekly activities. A childish expression was painted on Ophenia's face almost as some sort of disagreement as she walked up the stairs. But the cornflower shade that the resonator had faded too, immediately became medium sky blue. Ophenia was surprised.

Bay had gotten... Kidnapped by what seemed to be underling spiders? Babies? "That's odd." Ophenia had blurted out unknowingly, after all, spiders don't usually work together, they solitary insects. Are they bringing it to a mother spider? "Ahh! That's so cute!" Ophenia again blurted out, as she ran up the stairs to get a closer look. The knight was charging toward the spiders, seemingly aiming to cut the web dragging Bay away. Ophenia chuckled. The resonator became a bright yellow fading into a slightly peach-orange as it glittered brightly. Ophenia took a deep breath, channelling. The resonator shined briefly, as Ophenia let out a long high-pitched at an increasing volume as she enthusiastically yelled, "Fer-- ma-- ta!"

The further Ophenia's voice travelled, the louder it became. She intended for it to send the spiders into a state of fear, hoping for them to stop in their tracks. She, unfortunately, however, did not consider the ears of the people around and any other creature within a 30ft radius as she violently screamed in the spiders' general direction.

Fortissimo A la Soprano - Performance F, Magic D, Magic Area of Effect E, Sound Affinity E:
The caster uses their vocals to create the loudest noise they can in a very high pitch. This is further amplified with magic in a 30ft radius to try and stun both fiends, friends and foes.
Grade D Song. 2 post Cooldown.

FInnegan
68483c4ad254f31f3e40f69e3641d78f.jpg

The second his sword hit down his body froze, danger, he could feel it, but from where? Above? Below? Something somewhere had trigger his sense of instinct. He had but enough time to turn his neck before it hit him, a sound like no other, it shook his core, his body, his bones, he felt the rattling enter his ears and...

Silence....

The young man was knelt, bent to the ground with both hands in the dirt, his sword to the right of him. He could feel the pulse of blood in his ears, it was like the times in training when he got hit too hard in the side of the head. It was a familiar and deeply unpleasant feeling, he felt liquid come down from his ears... Did they pop? A hand reached inside his helmet, the pain still searing, he withdrew a bloody pair of fingers. He quickly took off his helmet and it fell from shaking hands to the ground, clattering against his sword...

But... Nothing...

He... Heard nothing...

The young man held a hand to his ear and winced as he checked it... Abit of blood... He could... Hear faintly... Like he was stuck under water. But the clattering of steel on steel was distant to him. Wincing hard he stood up on shakey legs, his sense of balance ripped out from under his feet from the sonic blast and pop of his ears.

"Hello? Everyone okay?" He spoke out, only hearing the slightest hint of his own voice.

"I... I... I think.. Whatever that was broke my ears..." he spoke through winces, he was in a strange state, the helmet must've bounced the sound around his head, instead of mufflung the blow of the sonic assault. In this soundless world he grasped his helmet and sword in one hand, trying to keep his equalibrium from the sudden standing.

"Can anyone hear me?"

(Finn stats: Health 3/6)

Melissa​

Melissa would just stare at Ophenia as she went on and on asking her questions. “Umm… sure! I’d love to hear a song from you.”

As Melissa followed right behind Finn, she’d hear a sudden scream in her ears and feel something burst, before everything just went silent. She’d slow down as her vision blurred and her legs felt like jelly, causing her to fall forward. But before she hit the ground, she’d dig her sword deep into the ground, using it to prop herself up like it was a walking stick. She’d let go of her shield just to grip the sword with both hands.

I will not… FALL! Gritting her teeth, she’d clutch tightly at the sword. If she were to fall now, then who’d protect the others? The enemy who had attacked them was still hiding out there somewhere, and they were going to kill them once they were all down for the count. No matter what, she had to remain standing, to fight the enemy off. Wait a minute… a sudden sneak attack?

Then it hit her. The scream resembled a familiar voice of a particular pink woman. Could it be? Did she finally decide to attack them when they least expected it? But from their earlier conversation, didn’t she already recognize her as a trustworthy ally? In that case, she probably decided that Melissa was no longer worth trusting, and it was finally time to get rid of all of them together. Maybe her true targets were Finn and Seven all along, and Melissa just happened to get in between her assassination attempt.

She’d bit her lip. Right… she shouldn’t even have trusted Ophenia from the start. The pink lady was just an assassin, waiting for her chance to strike them when they were weakest. It was because of her inaction towards the threat of an assassin that had caused the others to suffer. This was what she should have done from the very beginning…

Tightly gripping her sword, she’d spin around and drag her weakened body towards the sylphid. She had to end her. Before anyone else would die by her hands.

Health: 2/5​

Rowan Thorn​
Everything had been going well. The others were crossing over, using her barriers as stairs, all according to plan. Until some spiders came out of nowhere and grabbed Bay, taking off with him. Shit! They had to get him back- at the very least, she had to slow down the spiders enough so that Finn and Melissa and the others could catch up to him, free him, and they could beat up the spiders together.

A sound ripped through her, a scream imbued with magic designed to hurt, or even to kill. She had to stop that cacophony that felt like it was digging into her brain and ripping it apart. Clutching her head, she forced herself to turn toward the noise, and all her fears about Ophenia's nature she had observed were true- considering the painful noise was coming from her. The ball had dropped, and Ophenia had shown her true colors- she was here to stop this mission from happening, that her sweetness was actually saccharine. Any hope Rowan had of being her friend had vanished, considering she was trying to hurt everyone. Something had to give- getting Bay could wait, when it felt like her ears were bleeding.
Rowan reacted, shooting out magic to put Ophenia in a dome, tight around her, 10ft dome radius around her, hoping that it would stop her infernal racket from taking them out. (Dome Barrier, D grade, 1 Post Cooldown)
HEALTH: 2/4

Seven remained in the air where she would have seen the spiders but not in time to warn Bay. As the guide was drug off, Finn charged after him with Melissa hot on his heels. Finn would nimbly bound through brush and slice the webbing connecting him to the spiders with ease. The spiders would then turn on their pursuers.

Rowan remained behind with Ophenia, who would move to see the spiders and launch a terrible, magically enhanced scream that would encompass a large area around her, hitting the entire party as well as the spiders. Seven would fall out of the sky from her tiny body being racked with the intense effects of the magic. The spiders would rear, front legs and mandibles flailing, before abruptly curling into freakish arachnid spheres frozen with rigamortis. Bay would writhe on the ground as the sound washed over him. His hands struggling to reach his ears but unable to do so due to the webbing. Finn was brought to his knees in agony, but eventually shakily rose to his feet with greatly diminished hearing. Melissa likewise would be staggered, but supported herself with her blade sunk into the ground. Realizing Ophenia for the threat that she was, she would turn her back on Finn and Bay to return and attempt to slay her true enemy. Rowan contorted in pain, but immediately saw Ophenia as the source and so struggled through to conjure a dome around the sylphid. The barrier would quickly shatter under the duress of Ophenia's magic, but the brief moment spent in a concentration of her own scream would be enough to silence Ophenia as she sank to her knees.

An eerie silence had fallen over the forest in the wake of Ophenia's destructive display. Of course, those in the vicinity wouldn't notice due to their varying levels of hearing loss. Though as their vision cleared and focused, they might begin to see shadows dropping periodically from overhead. Birds, squirrels, other rodents, a single glittering fairy that quickly dimmed upon hitting the ground. The vicinity had been showered in death all by Ophenia's voice.

Ophenianew.png
Think Happy Thoughts. Think Happy Thoughts. Think Happy Thoughts.
Shattering. Footsteps. Screaming. All muffled.
whathappened.jpg

The noise died down as Ophenia ran out of breath. She couldn't hold a note for too long after all, but that should be alright, right? That should... Hm. The sylph felt dizzy. Her pointed ears felt numb. Sore. Red. Violet. Did she hurt herself in the process? How did that happen? It wasn't supposed to hurt, at least not this much. Ophenia tried to keep her balance but soon lost strength in her legs as she fell to her knees holding a hand to her face. Everything was blurred. Colours were unharmonized as the resonator shifted to a soft-light blue. Was anyone else hurt?

The sylph tried her best to focus, trying to look around, but could only make out a blurry figure approaching. Someone she knew? She tried her best to smile but it was hard when it was this painful. One. Two. Blinking. A moment now, slightly clear sight. It was the blacksmith girl. Ophenia wanted to speak. But she could feel it. Pain. A heavy feeling in her stomach as she retorted backwards. Fear. Resentment. Anger. Distrust. It was everywhere. Words she didn't know. Emotions she didn't understand. What happened? Her body shook involuntarily, as the Resonator shifted a dark and dull green. The fae felt a splitting pain in her ears, as she nervously looked around.

Finn was in the distance, shouting. Something about his ears being broken. His ears are broken? Ophenia shook her head, that would be ridiculous. Was it because of her spell? Was it truly so powerfully loud to cause one's ears to pop? A confused expression was painted on Ophenia's face, and her hands went cold. The mood was eerie, it felt like something wanted her.... dead. Could that even be true? Ophenia felt contemptive toward herself. Melissa was limping toward her, weapon in hand. Things were dead. Critters and birds living peacefully until... Until? Ophenia shook her head, her hands on the floor gently gripping at the dirt.

Whispers echoed. Again? How did this happen again? The sylph felt like a failure. "W- What hap... What happened..?" Ophenia muttered out, the resonator echoing her voice. Ophenia looked around once more in disbelief. Her eyes began to tear up. "Did... Did I..? Did I do this?"The sylph said with a teary voice.

She hurt people. She hurt people she considered friends. She hurt people who trusted her. She hurt innocent creatures. She felt an endless stream of emotions. Anger. Annoyance. Aggression. Contempt. Confusion. Distrust. Disapproval. Fear. Loathing. Regret. Remorse. Surprise. Some hers, some of other people. Mixing up into a pool of ugly colours. The resonator went black, as it fell onto the ground, disconnecting to Ophenia, as she felt like her head was splitting into two pieces.

She meekly hit her head with one of her hands, as she put the other one in front of her eyes. Wiping streaming tears as they tried to trickle down her face. This was her fault. She felt hysteric. Calm down. Stop Feeling. Ophenia gave out a slight laugh, failing to calm herself down. So instead she cried. Wailing childishly. Keening for the birds, the critters, her friends, that single stranger. the spiders all of which were just unlucky to have been in the sylphid's general vicinity. Ophenia felt like a disgraceful. Why would she design such a spell? What was its intended purpose? She didn't remember. She just knew that once again, she's failed at what she tried to whole-heartedly avoid.

Fortissimo A la Soprano - 2 posts
Current HP: 1/3

Melissa​

As she made her way over to the pink lady, the blacksmith felt an itch in her ear, as sounds started to return to the world. The pain in her ear still lingered, but it was starting to subside now. Her body felt lighter, as her regeneration started kicking in. However, with her gaze fixated on the assassin ahead of her, she wouldn’t notice the changes happening within her body.

But seeing the girl fall onto her knees as she glanced around her in confusion, Melissa would stop in her tracks. It seemed that she too was bleeding from her ears. Then was she not an assassin after all?

As Ophenia began crying genuinely, she’d feel bad for having doubted her earlier. Maybe Melissa was wrong all along. Maybe this girl was just naive and random at times. Maybe she didn’t have any evil intentions in the first place, and Melissa was just overthinking things.

“Argh!” She’d clutch at her head which was starting to hurt from thinking too much, before deciding to just put her trust in Ophenia being an ally. Looking at how sad she was, it was obvious this wasn’t what she wanted. Like a spell that had backfired in some unfortunate way. Glancing around her, all the critters that couldn’t take the spell had died. It looked like death had just swept through the entire place, converting it into a graveyard. Melissa would shake her head at the sight. It was incredible, yet scary what magic could achieve.

But what was done was done, and there was no turning back time to undo it. The lives that had been taken can no longer be restored. That was reality, and this poor girl had to face that fact, alone. Feeling sorry, Melissa would sheathe her sword, before coming over to hug the poor girl. She didn’t know what to say to her, after all it was her fault that everything took a bad turn, so she would just hug her in silence.

Health: 3/5
ability used: regeneration F

Last edited:
Finn, dah boi
448a55716f632e7d2a5becad422b743f.jpg
The ringing... Started to fade it seems. Not fully, he could barely hear another noise but... Ah... Right the spiders.. Oh, their gone? Dead? Finn didn't quite knoe but whatever hit them he was still alive from it. He looked around, seeing the others were... Mostly okay. Melissa was hugging a crying Henny, who looked posatively distraught, what? Did she think he died? Or did somebody else get hurt?

He considered the others for a second before remembering somebody was on the ground. Grasping his sword, still ringing from the pain the young onight began to cut the threads from the constricted Bae. "Got you." He spoke, trying to gauge his own volume carefully.

"Not sure what happened." He spoke again, the hearing causing an issue with trying to make things sound right. He felt like he was hearing himself talk underwater, but could still speak normally.

He grasped his helmet once he had cut Bae free from the spider webbing, hopeing that the others would have some form of healing skill to actually continue on this mission.

"Can anyonr heal?" he called out to the others. "If you can, best work your magic, whatever happened there blew out my hearing. Anyone know what happened?" Ah, there, a smup noise. One ear was back! Not that he was healed per say but the blood was out. Ah the blood... Takeing out a small handkercheif he began to clean the blood off himself, the stains of dark red still along his neck and down fron the ears but the soiled handkercheif did it's work... And was tossed aside like a used up rag.

"...Anyone dead? If your dead holler out so we know." He winced, yhe pain still stinging. "Whatever hit us certain had some power behind it, went straight through to... Lucky to be alive, went deaf before..." he paused a second, his mind catching up... Sound...

Magic...

Only mage around aside from Rowan the shield lady was...

"Ah bugger thats why yer sobbin? Come now henny it's alright girl." He walked on up to the two huggers and gave Henny a pat on the head, ruffling her floofy cute hair. "Ain't nothin to worry that thing happens all the time in new adventurin parties. Yea gotta be careful with magic sweetie..." he gave Melissa a pat on the back aswell, for being a good sort about this.

"It can be rough usein magic with a group, you always gotta be careful and be certain where folks are and what your range is, be sure to tell folks to what you can do before hand and plan it out with em okay?

Adventuring ain't easy love, and sure as hell is dangerous. Forgive and forget dear forgive and forget, lets dry those tears and blow yer dainty little nose lets keep on trying our best today okay?" He yried to be supportive through the pain, gods above what did she hit him with...?

"Magic is dangerous but its also very good and fun. Let it be a lesson we learn from." He gave the girl another tossle on her hair, and a quick kiss on her forehead, and stood back up.

"Gonna ask again, anyone able to heal? We need it to keep going."

Back to business.

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

The suddenness of Ophenia’s directionless shriek caused the bird to have found herself too stunned to respond, let alone continue in her act of flight. Thrashing into the ground, a pained squawk squabbled out from her frail body as she would struggle from the ringing in her eardrums.

Eventually, and only after moments after moments would pass, would she find herself able to pick herself up from the ground, barely holding onto dear life...only able to survive, it seemed, by the luck of not being immediately within reach...

...This wasn't good. This was barely, barely good...when it was so easy for her to be getting harmed like this...how could she expect to survive long enough to do accomplish that...?

Suddenly, she realized the nature of the current situation, squawking nervously beneath her breath, the bird would muster a quiet squeak, crawling, barely crawling towards Ophenia.

"...Ophenia..." she muttered, "I...need to borrow your resonator right now... Or combine your magic with mine very quickly..." She took a deep breath. "...It's...definitely not going to sound pretty, but...I need you to help me. Right. Now. Just...repeat the same incantation I'm using...you don't need to sing it or anything..."

"
Blossom, black lilies—Mend blight back to light.
Elegize this fate—forego this end.
As these feathers fade black—how the lilies spring white
Silenced, my remorseful lament.
"
Seven Contributions: Healing B, Magic E, Flower Affinity F
Ophenia Contributions: Healing C, Magic D, Magic Area of Effect E, Empathy C

B Rank Post cooldown: 4 turns

Black lilies will sprout amongst those within a 30ft radius, healing and resurrecting corpses within the vicinity that had been dead for at least ten days or less.

In spite of the song’s third stanza, Seven’s feathers would not taint a putrid black.

Following her instruction of the phrasing, Seven would thus shriek the incantation into the resonator in the form of a very loud and terrible sounding shrill shriek (which, for her, still counted).

Last edited:
Ophenianew.png
Heart Moving. Scandalous Violation.
Ophenia was crying. Tearful. And couldn't focus for even a split second. A las, this hysteric breakdown would be eased with the warm embrace from a familiar person. Ophenia didn't understand it, she felt like she was going insane, a passionate malice forming, intended to harm an untrustworthy "foe." Although the young sylph didn't expect the warm hug, she preferred it. The painful sting still hurt Ophenia's ears and the brief but painful headache only started to become worse, but this was fine because the sylph would slowly calm down.

He eyes also stung, her nose and her lower eyelids were tinged red due to her sudden tearful inburst. A slightly confused expression was on Ophenia's face, she struggled to smile and her eyes were still tearing up. It is then that Ophenia would notice that the resonator had disconnected from her mana flow. It was probably for the better, displaying her emotions in full colour after all. Ophenia still couldn't bear smiling after causing so much death.

Finn then came, realising it was Ophenia's fault. Much to the young sylph's bemusement, Finn did scold nor scorn her. Instead of giving her level-headed advice. Tell folks what you can do. Ophenia thought to herself, tearing up a bit for being so inconsiderate. "A- Alrig- Alright.." Ophenia replied with a nervous and still unfocused tone. "I think my studies were misinterpreted when I created that song. To think I was going to use it during a concert. I- I apologise deeply for my actions." Ophenia sniffled, wiping her teary eyes. "I- l'll never sing fo- fortissimo ever again!" Ophenia cried out, fervently covering her face. A sudden pat on the head and. And k- Kiss on the forehead?!

Ophenia was confused for a moment. Her thought process began to think. A kiss is a good thing. Kisses are forms of affection. Affection is a form of love. Affection is a form of love someone may feel for someone they worry for. In the storybook the fae had always read, a motherly figure would always kiss their child's forehead as a way to chase away bad dreams. Was Finn chasing away Ophenia's bad thoughts? Wait aren't mothers supposed to do that? Is Finn a mother? Ophenia, with her bemused blank expression, silently raised her hand in front of her mouth as if to gasp. She then thought yonder, because to Ophenia, it made sense that the knight would be a mother. His responsible. Knights protect people, mothers protect children. He has yellow hair. Clearly, Finn is a mother. What other reason could there be for this gesture of love and care to chase away all of the sylph's saddening thoughts.

The sudden squawks would take Ophenia away from her endless thoughts, as she gave the sylph slightly unclear instructions. "a- Ah! Okay!" Ophenia blurted out, somewhat caught off guard as she would gently pick the resonator up. Her hands glittered briefly as the Resonator blinked brightly twice before shimmering silently and hovering above Ophenia's hands. It shined with a slightly bluish white, Ophenia then gently pressed her left hand's index finger against Seven's forehead, as she took a deep breath.

"Uhhhh. Oh, Blossom... B- Black Lilies-" Ophenia whispered, trying to correct herself, unsure of her words. "Mend the... Mend bite... Mend blight, back to the light. Elega... Elegee... Elegeeze. Uhh... Energize?" Ophenia paused for a slight moment with a confused blank expression on her face. "Elegize this fate, forego the end. As... As the feathers fade black, how the lilies spring white, silenced my Remorseful lament..." Ophenia finished her étude. "Oh! It's a quatrain" Ophenia blurted out musingly with an expression that said, 'I made a discovery.' She then took a deep breath, to prepare to actually speak the incantation.

"Uh...
Blossom, black lilies; Mend blight back to light,
elegize this fate and forego this end.
As these feathers fade black, oh how the lilies spring white.
Silenced, my remorseful Lament."

Ophenia spoke delicately, a slightly teary tone still leftover in her voice.

Seven's Contributions: Healing B, Magic E, Flower Affinity F
Ophenia's Contributions: Healing C, Empathy C, Magic D, Magic Area of Effect E, Sound Affinity F

Hist. Hist.
The lilies wept mournful tears, keening loss of whilom life, as it reblooms anew,
echoing wellaways, forced upon an unwilling audience. Why?
For sharing these tears will surely lessen the burden of saying; Adieu. Adieu.​

Black lilies will sprout amongst those within a 30ft radius, healing and resurrecting corpses within the vicinity that had been dead for at least ten days or less. The black lilies will also sing a silent dirge, sharing both Ophenia's sorrow and Seven's desperation for survival to all creatures within the healing vicinity.

The resonator would then begin to dull, its lustre no longer as it faded to a deep and dark blue, as it echoed a soft desperate chime, like that of windchimes falling onto a stone floor.

Last edited:

After staggering to his feet, Finn cut the webbing still binding Bay before checking on the others. Seven and Ophenia unite their powers to cause yet another AOE to rewind the time, so to speak, for those whose time had abruptly ended in the space only moments before. Healing effectiveness is enough to restore everyone to full.

There was a flourish of activity as birds and rodents opened their eyes as life returned. Confused, perhaps a bit dazed, the various creatures unalived then suddenly restored hop up, examine their surroundings then fly or scamper off. In a matter of seconds the great and terrible duality of magic had been illustrated plainly for all present.

Now all would come, even a few woodland creatures, to gather around the pair as Ophenia's and Seven's duet ended in perfect harmony. Some might have gotten goosebumps. The woodland creatures would offer their various chirps and squeaks in praise of the wonderful performance before running off into the woods once more.

The party is now assembled at ground zero. All are healed. All are happy to be alive. All...are not present. At some point, the party realizes they are missing one: Bay.

Finn, the dude

c66bd9ea480e0f52bc1d867bb72447b8.jpg

"Huh..." The knight paused, he expected some form of dumb sillyness but she just cried more.. Hrmm... Ah well.

The next spell however was less of a problem, ish, as the world around them becamr healed! And... Ressurected even! Really he had no clue how a poem could do such a thing but really he was happy to be healed again! "Ah... Well, at least thats over with. Glad to see were mostly whole again.

Good work, glad to see our group is once again at fighting for right Bae?

...Right?

Bae?"

He turned around to see... Bae was gone again... And now they had no clue where. Truely this was hell, and really they couldn't just leave without them. They were a friend and Finn wasn't about leaving folks behind to be eaten by animals even if they were abit grouchy. And a few other things that he learned but did not share.

"Come on folks, no more tears we can make things up to one another later over a good meal. Just... Follow me or keep an eye upwards for spiders." The man charged on ahead for abit, looking for the kidnapping vermin once more, he had his sword in hand waiting for incoming webs, he would cut them down if they came at him, but he had to find Bae. If those spiders came back alive.. Maybe they just applied the web again while Bae was still stunned? But the guide must've been healed to, if not brought back from the brink.

He would return to the group if he could, keeping an eye to the tree tops on occasion as well. Knowing that they may be hiding in the Cotton top trees...

Melissa​

Melissa would take a step back and watch as the tearful fae worked with the talking bird to cast an unknown spell. Again with the magic? She’d frown at them while crossing her arms. Need she remind them that magic was what started all of this?

However, she would gasp at the sight of the dead animals coming back to life once more, as some of them would remain there, enchanted by the performance by the duo. “Incredible… so this is what magic is capable of?” She’d shake her head, unable to believe what was going on in front of her.

But then, she’d have a troublesome thought deep down. How did such a bubbly performer have such destructive power? If all mages were this powerful, and all it took was for one single spell to take her out, then wasn’t it really really bad? This time, it was a spell casted by an ally that didn’t have any ill intentions. Then… what if she were to meet a mage with actual killing intent in the future? A mage with that same destructive power, and perhaps even more so. Maybe with a big enough range that she could be killed in a blast from a kilometre away.

The thought of being so vulnerable wouldn’t sit right with her. She had to protect others… that was her job. Wait… her job? While she had little memories of her past, for some reason she was compelled to protect those who didn’t have the power to protect themselves. But why would she feel this way? It felt like a duty she had to do, because that was her role in this world. Maybe some sort of promise? She felt like she had forgotten something very important to her, but the harder she wracked her brain, the more futile it seemed. Oh well, even if she had forgotten the why, she knew she still had to uphold the duty that was entrusted to her. No backing down now. She just had to keep getting stronger.

While Melissa was deep in her thoughts, Finn would notice Bay’s disappearance. It wasn’t long before she too had taken notice.

“Haha, very funny. Okay Bay, you can quit hiding and show yourself now.” She would yell out, before pausing in realization. “Oh god, don’t tell me the spiders were healed too… let’s just hope he just ran away in fear of our little banshee here.”

Ophenianew.png
Spiders are just robots made with organic material.
Ophenia was... Ecstatic. She smiled, and gleed. She was almost too suddenly happy. Her eyes may have still stung and were rosed from all her crying, but now Ophenia could genuinely smile away her self-loathing thoughts. "Oh my Elysius, this is so absolutely wonderful!" Ophenia gleefully proclaimed, leaning closer to the little bird. "Seven you are so talented! From the deepest depths of my heart, I give you my sincerest gratitude! Oh, how I thank you!" Ophenia praised Seven, her eyes basically shining with a relieved joy and a smile that sparked. From another point of view, Ophenia could be seen as shameless, almost as if she had forgotten all about what she had done, corresponding to her emotionally enabled whimsical nature. "I would love to repay you one day Miss Seven!" Ophenia spoke, standing up as she clasped her hands together. "Not only adorable and lovely but also talented! A mere sylph could never, ahaha! I'm so happy to have ventured beyond my homes! I'll write about you in my songs one day, Miss Seven!" Ophenia musingly praised with a bubbly voice.

Ophenia waved off to all the woodland critters running off to their homes with a bright smile. She then let out a relieved sigh, smiling once more with her unusual bubbly demeanour. The fae chipperly giggled, as to further ease the mood. She wiped her stinging eyes and shook her head as she looked around for a moment. "So now, since those unconventional turn of events had has been done with... What are we doing in the middle of these woods again?" Ophenia would say, with an oblivious expression on her face. When both Melissa and Finn stated the missing member of their party, Ophenia clapped her hands.

"Ah right! We're here to collect silk and/or cotton for that lovely seamstress~" Ophenia said as if she had found out information she had never known before with a surprised expression on her face. "Also I'm not a banshee, I'm but a mere sylph." Ophenia corrected Melissa with a gentle smile, not understanding what she had meant by that. "Actually, to be honest I'm not even really a real sylph. I'm more like a lesser underdeveloped sylph. Like a pupating ant. A pupating sylph!" Ophenia enthusiastically informed. Ophenia likes ants. Ants are cute in her opinion. "Ah! where is our forest guide? If the spiders were healed along with Mr Bay, then that would mean he would've probably been hurriedly tied up once again and the spiders would have scurried off to their potential nest." The young fae mused.

Ophenia put a hand against her cheek, as she looked at the sky. "Spiders aren't usually social creatures and especially don't work in groups, these ones must be babies and they're probably hunting for food for their mother. That's so cute!" Ophenia spoke, unsure of how accurate her knowledge actually was. She was using only the basic facts that she was taught about normal spiders and made up her own theory from there on. "So our best course of action is to follow forth the general direction in which the spiders had been headed!" Ophenia gleefully stated with a cheery smile. After all, if they couldn't find Bay, they'd get lost, and he was likely to have been kidnapped again. What a silly human.

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

Her performance was absolutely abysmal and Ophenia had undeniably carried them through it--

Though she remained patient and still as she held her head down in modesty, it was not as if that modesty had come from nowhere. In spite of the compliments that came to be issued from the fae, even she had to admit that much of her 'singing' if it could even be referred toward as song would have sounded terrible without Ophenia's voice to overpower her many weak points...

And as much as she had made progress...as much as she, with the assistance of Ophenia, was able to resurrect so many of the dead right then and there...

"It's still not enough..." she spat beneath her breath, disappointed in herself.

Perhaps indeed she did gain a powerful potential favor for the future, but as much a daring trump card was helpful, it was just as clear for her that she was far, far from able to achieve that goal....

Eventually, however, a more present-moment realization would come to fruit for the bird--one that would have been notated by those around her.

Bay and the spiders were missing.

In followup to Finn's suggestion, the bird would nod. "Right--then while you look from below, I'll see if I can find anything from up above," she stated, soaring up into the sky, intent to return with a reporting on what she would come to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back