• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Clyvelle

Memorial Mob
Goals
1. Collecting thread for a local tailor
2. Trying not to die
3. INTENSE FORESHADOWING...maybe...

Cast
Finneagan Huttman
Ophenia "Du Couer Pur"
Seven
Melissa
Rowan Thorn

Thread Summary
The group gathered outside the Pavilion's north gate, some arriving later. Introducing himself as "Bay", their guide lead them across the two miles of sand to the forest. Finn suspected their guide and used his Appraisal skill on him, learning a secret or two. Stopping just inside the forest at a pond beside the path, the group replenishes their water before moving on.​

Last edited:
66f19fc86b855cd9b86c0b8054d2e49c.jpg

Bay Besitter

You are gathered outside the north gate of the Pavilion. The sun is rising steadily as the morning is unfolding. Weather is clear but balmy under the heat from Aslan overhead, but today there is a breeze coming from the sea to the east.

Those coming from the Pavilion are now Cloud free and are back to their usual sober selves. Awaiting you is a cloaked individual who some might recognize. He stares around at those approaching him unamused. His seemingly unblinking eyes finally close as he released a sigh.

"Alright then. You're all looking to become Crested for one reason or another. I'm the one to get you started. Pavilion likes giving Crested status to individuals who prove themselves useful, so today, you're all going to make yourselves useful. We will be hiking into the forest to gather supplies for a local vendor. Scratch their back, we'll scratch yours, got it? Alright, let's go!"

'Hiking' is a bit of an understatement considering the two mile radius of desert landscape surrounding the Pavilion. Scorched stumps of trees, withered bushes, and signs of the fertile forest that used to be abounded in this desert wasteland.

Finnegan Huttman

68483c4ad254f31f3e40f69e3641d78f.jpg
"Its good to be back in my armor." The blond heavily armor man with a familiar smile on his face spoke up, hand patting the hard steel covering his form. Well, a hand covered in steel as well. Upon his back lay his blade, a behemoth of a sword that seemed to almost strain the straps used to anchor it to his back.

The task, it appears, was simple, though he had little care for the leadership, helping people was... Part of his agenda. So, hey, why not.

Plus, if he let these two go alone into a spooky gods damned trap and ended up dead whilst he went around somewhere else he'd never forgive himself.

Seven was a chicken, and Henny was...

Was...

Uhh....

Something.

Definitly.

What even was she? An elf?

Well, either way there was a job to be doing.

The man began his first steps after the fellow and rose up his own voice. "Alright, what are we grabbing? And, i'll be honest with yea buddy theres not a single forest I can see cor miles 'round here. Lest yer joking of course." He spoke up, figuring there was going to be a trap somewhere along. There always was.

Cause this world was built upon folks trying to eat those weaker than they.

Luckily.

Finn was there to feed a steel clad fiat instead.

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

Suspicion. Curious suspicio---"a-achoo!!"

...Was somebody talking about her? Thinking about her? She shook her head, the rest of her feathers to follow in the ruffling as she would adjust herself comfortably on The Knightman's shoulder, her head sliding down against his neck. That was, after all, simply but superstition, and the superstitions of the past no longer seemed to apply into the current world. For now, her focuses and attention laid, not upon the festivities of the Pavilion, but now a rather suspicious individual's requests for their help. Then again, a small question came to mind for her:

"Sir, if I may add on to Sir Huttman's question, who would this vendor that we mean to assist be? And as it may come in handy for us to know, what sort of important purpose do these supplies at hand fulfill such that he requires from a forest this amount of distance away from the Pavilion?"

Even as she was coming along willingly for the sake of satiating her own entertainment, she knew it vital to, regardless, remain cautious. To ask questions where necessary. Dying was not a part of her plans--not yet, at least.

After a long journey from home, Melissa had just arrived at the north gate of the Pavilion. She was getting tired of just travelling around and was itching to get on an adventure of her own helping others. The heavy armor and weaponry she had on her also made her journey a tough one, however she wouldn’t complain about it for that it served as good training. As they say, no pain no gain, right?

As she was about to trudge her way into the Pavilion, she overheard a nearby conversation regarding a gathering of supplies. This was it! The moment she'd been waiting for! Jumping at the opportunity to offer her aid, she strode up to the group of people.

“Hi there! The name’s Melissa. You guys seem like you could use an extra hand.” Her eyes darted between the members of the group as she spoke, trying to gauge if she was even welcomed there. It would seem weird if a stranger were to appear out of nowhere to lend their aid, after all.

“Although I’m not too familiar with this Pavilion guild myself…” Her eyes then fell to the floor as her voice trailed off, her confidence from before seemingly gone in an instant. Hopefully these people didn't mind her inexperience in this matter.

Last edited:
Ophenianew.png
Loves me. Loves me not. Loves me. Loves me... Loves me!OpheniaCasual.pngThe cloud... has worn off. Ophenia could probably think more clearly now. She and her two friends have tagged along to all get permanently crested...? What an odd turn of events. Ophenia stared around, her eyes were a lot duller this time around. Everything around just seemed... Dead. She didn't like this one bit. She felt out of place. Tired and worn, so much to the point where she didn't even feel like dressing up much. She barely tied her hair up and salvaged what was left from her costume, which due to recent events had neither gloves nor a tie to complete the look. Attaching the sleeves to her blouse and halfhearted tying her corset. She felt and looked fine was what she told herself at the time...

She wasn't going to perform today it seemed, so it was fine, right? Ophenia thought that she needed another new pair of clothing. It felt as if she wasn't doing her job properly, and even more so it felt like she wasn't doing enough. All these dead plants and trees made her feel something she hasn't felt before. No, she felt this once, she just tried her best to ignore it. Well, there's no time to acknowledge it now! Slapping her cheeks with both her hands, Ophenia put upon her face a smile, after all her job was to make people happy, and if she wasn't happy how could she make others happy? "Alrighty! Even though this place is horrible and makes me uncomfortable, that's not gonna stop me from getting that badge!" Ophenia said to herself as a pep talk.

Opheniasmile.pngOphenia waved over to Seven and Finn as she ran toward the two, "Hello Mr Finn! Hello Ms Seven!" She said excitedly, she then got a bit closer, "Wait do we even know this guy's name? And he's like our employer or something? And why are we in the middle of nowhere-" Ophenia cut herself off as a new girl stepped into the conversation. She watched as her confidence melted as she realised what she was doing and as she looked around. Ophenia warmly smile, her face was somewhat, she didn't really feel herself and was kind of embarrassed that someone saw her in one of her worse states.

She wasn't wearing her performance outfit and she felt kind of incomplete, but she didn't want someone else to feel any less welcome. "Ah! Welcome, welcome Ms uhhh..." Ophenia said, nervously smiling. "Ahem. Ahem, Welcome Miss! Let me introduce myself!" Ophenia said as she put on a bubbly smile. "Lala~ ♫ I am a sylphid travelling from afar to bring to you, a smile a laugh and lifelong happiness!" Ophenia said as she raised her hand to the air, she didn't activate her resonator, so she felt a bit out of tune, "Tada! Now introducing, the one, the only, as dubbed by fanfare, "Du Couer Pur" Ophenia~♪ It's so nice to meet you!" Ophenia said as she walked up to the person to shake their hands with both of hers.

"It may not look right now, but I'm a performer! It seems you came at the wrong time though since I don't feel like I'd be doing my best if I perform in something so... casual." Ophenia said nervously, as she scratched her head. "Oh, and your eyes are quite striking! It would be wonderful if we could have another person help us out!" Ophenia said with a cheerful tone as she clapped her hands. "Come on guys! It's quite rude to not introduce yourself! Giddyup!" she said brightly as she stared back at Finn and Seven.

Bay (Besitter), some guy at the Pavilion

At the approach of Melissa, Bay stopped and considered her with his piercing yellow eyes. He didn't say a word as Ophenia offered the girl permission to accompany them. Pulling his scarf over his mouth as he coughed lightly, Bay said gruffly, "Suit yourself. One more doesn't make any difference to me. Just call me Bay."

Bay turned and began leading them into the scorched sands. Finn came alongside him asking questions.

"Perhaps the sun's in your eyes, Tin Tin. The forest is all around us on the fringes of the sand. You can see the tops of the trees over the dunes." Though Bay said this with all certainty, sunlight as well as the shimmering heat rising off the sands distorted distant objects. "As far as what we're grabbing, we'll be harvesting silk for the owner of PokéThreads. She said, and I quote, 'I'm starting a textile revolution, and no thread fashioned from the hair of some furry beast will do'. A bit of a wildcard, that one."

Seemingly unconcerned with the vendor's words, Bay sauntered on, his cloak flapping in the wind. Dust kicked up into the air from their steps while more slithered underfoot on the breath of the wild. They walked a well-trodden path leading straight towards the forest from the Pavilion. To either side, the weathered remains of a forest that once was could be seen, now become the haunt for more "dry" creatures attuned to the dessicated surface that served for sightseeing in these parts.

Last edited:
Finnegan Huttman

448a55716f632e7d2a5becad422b743f.jpg
An absent minded hand withrdraw abit from the bird, the sneeze abit loud a... Oh so very cute, the way she fluffwd up and rubbed her head on his... Uh... Oh... He procured a handkercheif and wiped his neck abit, then her beak, he didn't know if birds had snot but... Best not take the chance...

She said she wasn't a pet.. But the last while he had been feeding her, giving her pets, getting snuggles...

Hey, could be worse.

He procured a second thing, a nice light cracker for the bird, he held it up for Sevie before noteing the fact that Henny was back! Along with a new person?

Fun!

"Heyyo, good to see another bright sunny face eh? You'll fit in with these two, cute as buttons the lot of yea hahaha." The man laughed heartily, a hand patting Ophenia's head lightly. "Don't let Henny's excitement scare yea off shes a sweetheart through and through.

My name is Finn, Finnegan Huttman if yer mad at me hah.

Pleasure to meet you." From a blacksmith's viee she was talking to likely somebody who was wearing arms and armor worth more than one might make in 3 years, the plate showed signs of use but also stood strong and looked xapable of shrugging off the worst of blows, and the sword was a thing of beauty and disgust. It was latge to say the lease, held onto his back by a chain and sling, but it likely weighted over 30 pounds alone.

Suffice to say, the man looked like a capable sort, a good higher grade adventurer type, and atop of his shoulder sat a bird, who needed no introductions.

Because she'd do them herself naturally.

"Now about the woods... I've been in a forest, been in one where woodland demons lurked around each corner begging yo rip off your face and eat your liver... Wait, no they just cared for any meat, that said.

This doesn't look like a forest. But hey, if this ends up a trap it better be a good one."

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

As usual, of course, Ophenia exhibited a certain cheerful brightness that she could not help but envy from the girl. To be so boundlessly cheerful, innocent--almost uplifting of those around her. Not that it was so bothersome--rather, it was something she could admire, even if she seemed quite the more calm in her current outfit. Her cheerful demeanor remained present through all.

That, of course, included her sociability. "Ah, well, I suppose it would be rude not to introduce myself, Miss Melissa," the bird adjusted itself carefully following after Finnegan's introduction of himself--at least, before realizing that there was little to nothing she could really do to make any form of a polite gesture as a bird. "My name would be Seven, like the number, if you will. I suppose I should mention, however, your baggage looks quite heavy for a lovely woman your size," she chuckled, though not mockingly so. "I cannot help but wish that I too could retain such strength myself." Such would complete her short introduction before returning attention toward Beysitter.

Silks, him? Was that not the material made through use of delicious little insectoids and other bugs? Regardless of her curious mindedness regarding this request, she heeded it little to no attention. Perhaps she was misremembering a detail, after all, or the seamstress was simply utilizing the reference of silk to refer to all formulations of threading in general.

Seating upon Finn's shoulder, she heeded attention to their surroundings. A part of her, curious regarding the sauntering man--tempted to appraise him for the sake of learning more. Yet what would be the fun in that? Safety, indeed, yet would that not ruin any surprises in her way?

Rather, her interests rested further upon the conversation she had yet to have had with Finnegan.

"Ah, yes, woodland demons. I've heard tales regarding them, but none so much that I learned from. I would love to hear more regarding this tale of the forest you'd braved, Finnegan. I had lived inside of one until a noble family had taken control of the area and hunted away much of the critters that roamed the area." she whispered into his ear, giggling for a moment from her small play of words. "Ah, but I must apologize for the tangential nature of this question. I've been quite reminded, see--

For what reason do you spite nobility so?"

It was a question that she had desired to ask since his little comment at the Pavilion. A question that, for the most part, remained unanswered.

Finnegan
37757341369dbc839ba6505b36ad8a79.jpg

"Yea sure the demons were a pretty tough bunch, bit before I had all this sword and armor I joined up with a bunch of newbie Adventurers. We were there with some Noble brat's entourage to protect a place from a woodland demon incursion. I tried now and again to get folks to listen, pericing weapons didn't work, but could pin the beasts doen, they were tough like plants so yea had to cut em to pieces or they just kept after yea.

I was doing well then, but folks just wouldn't use the axes in the village like I said, the noble brat just kept on forcing his loyal idiots to use ineffective armaments. Not to mention he had no right being a leader with how inexperienced he was...

There were any a good men who died those days due to bad decsisions and folks not paying attention. In a situation like that you listen to people, not disregard them as lesser." He spat, maring the ground with spittle.

"Then, when the damn beasts didn't leave up, they just kept coming, guess who got sent in on a suicide charge in?

Not called that by his words, but oh when people spoke back at him he screeched "Do it or your lose your pay!" And that got me fucken pissed. Men, not wanting to DIE are now being told its about money now.

Thats the shit I hate nobles for, bastards toss money at problems and they get a free ride, a free pass, they get to play with peoples fucking lives and oh lord above you say anything about what their doing and you find yourself in a pillory IN THE LEAST.

They toss people lives away without thought...

So I took the job to go into the woods, fought alongside some properly tough fellows, routed the beast, destroyed it's summoning circle and off we went back to report.

The ignorant bastard tried labeling us all heroes, I spat on it, I wanted nothing to do with a wretch like that. A true leader feels the wounds of those under their charge, feels their rage, and knows great sorrow at the loss.

...The brat me and my fathet served didn't give that... See where he is now..." the man... Showed an uncharacteristic flash of rage, his brow furrowed, teeth gritted, his eyes narrowed to pinpricks ahead to the sand as if staring down the most hated of beasts, a normally fair face looking with rage beyond measure...

Then, he breathed.

"...Yea, nobles are not worth while, to be honest, i'm doig this job to keep you and Henny safe, not having yea go into dangerous shite like this knowing the things that can go down..."

He made his point, and became pointedly silent from then on... The cracker he offered seven laid at her feet, at least.

Melissa
IMG_0018.jpg

Now that she had a good look at the group, the one who stood out the most was the girl with pinkish hair and a bright costume to match. The others, a knight in shining armor, the mysterious man in dark attire, the bird who was the pet of the group, were what she typically expected from a group of adventurers.

As the brightly dressed girl gave her introductions, Melissa couldn’t help but to wonder what a performer such as herself was doing here. Was she trying to make a name for herself by helping out others in need? It was a strange way of making herself well-known as a performer, but who knows? It just might work. She could be known as a performer hero who’d often offer her aid to those in need.

Melissa shook hands with the brightly dressed girl. "It's nice to meet you too, Miss Ophenia. Don't worry about it, I'm sure I can catch your performances another time, when you're dressed for the occasion.”

"My eyes are... striking? Why thank you!" Melissa replied with a slight bow upon receiving the compliment. Growing up spending all her time in the forge, she wasn't used to receiving compliments about herself, not to mention regarding her eyes.

The silent, mysterious man who was supposedly the questgiver didn’t really mind her presence, only mentioning his name. Next was Finn’s turn to give his introductions. He gave off the impression of a veteran, well renowned adventurer. The armor he had on was on par, or perhaps even better in quality than Melissa’s, even showing signs of usage. On the contrary, Melissa’s armor was brand new and scratchless, the latest of her creations, along with a kite shield and a scabbard strapped to her back. With Finn here, she was convinced that she was in good hands. “The pleasure is all mine, Finn. Likewise, you can address me as Mel for short.”

Following up was the introduction from the bird… wait… the bird? She could speak all along?! Melissa stared at Seven in disbelief for a brief moment, before realizing that there was probably a lot that she didn’t know about this world yet and coming to accept that fact. “Hello, Miss Seven. Oh this equipment may be heavy, but I still have a long way to go as far as strength is concerned.” Melissa replied, rubbing her neck as she did so. Perhaps she ought to get herself a horse for carrying around her equipment sometime soon.

When Finn talked about the demons and the nobles, Melissa listened intently, as she had the opportunity to learn more about this very world and its inhabitants. So the nobility were bad people, was what she had gotten from it. After speaking of his tale, he would become silent, as if the memories were too painful for him to keep going on about it. Melissa decided to ask a question of her own to change the topic.

“So what are we looking for exactly, some cotton plants in the middle of a dead forest?”

Last edited:
Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg

Of course, Rowan was running late for this- then again, she had been told last minute about the chance to get the hell out of Ryken Academy without being expelled or just leaving on her own. She had haphazardly ran to her room, packing as fast as she could, before grabbing the letter from the professor in charge of the whole thing- a shady bastard. Not as outwardly a jerk as Darven, but something was still off about him.

At least the school was rich enough to get her there by the fastest ways possible- meaning that at least she could follow along the group with a light jog- slowly catching up to the group. At least the cloak that had been provided to her covered her nicely- thick enough to provide warmth but thin enough to not be cumbersome- perfect for keep out all of the sand. At least her barriers would give everyone shade- which would help keep the sun from giving them heatstroke and probably killing them.

She walked up to Pavilion, approaching Bay, stopping at a respectful distance from the man, waiting for a space to enter so she could pass him the sealed letter she had been given as proof of identity. He fit the hasty description she had been given on her way out, so when given the chance, she walked up to him, handing Bay the letter with his name on it before starting to speak.

"The Ryken Academy representative is currently recovering in the infirmary, so I was sent in his place. My name is Rowan ." She introduced herself respectfully, waiting for him to respond.

If he allowed her to stay, then she would introduce herself to the others. It wouldn't make sense to introduce herself to the new group if she would be forced to leave immediately after. He might have turned her away, but whatever was written in that letter was hopefully enough to let her join the group. At least she had some mercenary experience- which meant she could take a wide variety of jobs from a wide variety of people. All she had to do was pick thread for a tailor with a group of other beings. Two girls, one with pink hair, a bird, and a blond-haired man were all clustered together- they looked like a mildly eccentric bunch- considering the man had offered food to the bird. She did want to at least join the group, but she had to wait for the verdict before moseying over to the crew.

More like she had volunteered for the position, as the trip would make her feel less stuck in one spot. She had gotten used to traveling, and staying at the school with all of the classes had become boring- which meant a trip outside. This had been the opportunity she had been hoping for. Of course, like when she had traversed the Underbelly with Arthur, she was sure that this adventure wouldn't be so cut and dry. There would be some nonsense in the way- considering the mission sounded way too easy.

Ophenianew.png
A flower full of fury like a lotus made of steel.
"Ah-" Ophenia let a squeak as he unexpectedly pats her on the head. Her glittering face turned up into a cheerful smile. She listened to Bay as he spoke. Ophenia thought to herself about the PokeThreads owner. Hm. "Silk is usually created by silkworms, so are we going to be catching some worms perhaps? Oh! Maybe even spiders! Ah! But silk can also be made with the delicate fibres within Lotus stems!" Ophenia chipperly exclaimed. She was more enthusiastic about this than she should've been, especially considering they would have to steal silk from insects, of which she disapproved. "Mr Bay, are we going to ask a giant spider for its silk or something? Either way, it's quite vulgar of us to do such." Ophenia said with an oblivious and bubbly tone.

She then turned her attention to Finn who was now speaking of his experience. Though involuntarily, the knightly one's tone of voice while speaking of the story rubbed off on Ophenia for the moment. She felt a passionate and hot feeling brewing inside her as if a fire had started. She recalled this emotion once before, hot and furious. Though unintentionally, Ophenia was inherently mimicking Finn's expression. She then quickly snapped out of it, slapping her face and shaking her head. Ophenia disliked that emotion, she disliked that hatred. "Think happy thoughts," Ophenia whispered to herself almost 6 times over before taking in a deep breath. "Fuwah~ I should have properly eaten before this trip!" Ophenia blurted out with a bubbly tone.

Ophenia turned to Melissa with a cheerful face, her eyes were glittering with excitement. "Really?! You'll catch my performances later on?! Ahhh! I'm so excited! You should absolutely come, Miss Marisa! I'll make sure to write a song about you!" Ophenia twirled around to face Finn and Seven, "I'll write a song about all of my friends! Seven... Finn... Ida... Pierre... Michael... That weird girl with the hood... Mellicent... Alex... Rob... That obsidian scaled dragon..." Ophenia stopped and looked at the sky as she ran out of fingers to count.

"Ahaha! I wonder how they're all doing! I haven't seen some of these people ever since I was in the City of Ryke! I'll make sure to have splendour waiting for them all when we meet once more." Ophenia said with enthusiastic positivity. "You guys better come around when that happens okay~?" the sylphid said as she turned to the group. She then heard someone talking to Bay, as she turned she excitedly went up to them with a chipper smile on her face. Her excitement unnoticeably died down a bit when she re-realised she wasn't wearing her costume.

Ophenia waved energetically, "Salutations new person!" Ophenia said with exuberance as she got nearer to the person, "Tarara~♫ The flaring sylph travelling from the place of dreams..." Ophenia said as she raised her hands, "Spreading love to the world... Tada! The one, the only, As dubbed by my fanfare, "Duc Couer Pur," Ophenia!" The fae exuberantly introduced herself once more. She then went up to the person, grabbing their hands with the gentleness of air. "It is so nice to meet you! Are you here to help us out too? That's so kind of you!" Ophenia said with cheerfulness, she was only even more elated when she noticed this person's shade of hair.

"My oh my! Finn Finn!" She excited shouted over to Finn, "This person has yellow hair like you too! That's so cute! I love yellow!" She turned back to the person just after blurting out, "We should absolutely definitely be friends right now!" Ophenia exhaled smiling brightly. "Wait, does this mean I'm popular now? I can't count all my friends on my fingers anymore... Oh my Elysius. This is the best day ever!" Ophenia excitedly stated that it was as if the starry sky had painted her eyes. To Ophenia, this was the definition of Popularity.

"You must be as blind as Tin Tin here, little Miss (Melissa). Can't you see the trees on the horizon? Our destination is out there." said Bay, gesturing briefly ahead of them. No response was given to Ophenia's query.

The group had reached the halfway point of the desert when a young woman came trotting up behind them, thrusting an envelope at Bay. Taking the envelope, the guide studied it while the young woman explained herself. Casually tossing the unopened envelope, a quick, one word response was all he gave her as he kept walking, "No."

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

Biting into the cracker offered at her feet, she would ensure to savor each and every little crumb—as if it were a meal she would never be able to have in a long, long time. Perhaps it would be true eventually, but for now, it was not.

In his moment of narration, his brief glimpses of uncharacteristic anger, she considered every word and expression that which would come to fruit—

Fruits of which she desired to savor.

With silence setting through their travel and the forest soon coming closer into view, the brief momentum she would dedicate to pondering her response would find itself disrupted with a short conundrum—Besitter’s rejection of a blonde woman’s request to follow alongside their party as he would toss it into the sand—continuing on.

Curious as she was regarding the letter’s contents she would decidedly fly over to pick it up—intent to, afterwards, read it whilst perched upon Finnegan’s shoulder.

Melissa
IMG_0018.jpg

Hearing the response from Bay, Melissa felt like kicking him.

"Hey! I'm not blind! Also, you haven't answered how we'll be getting the silk, unless you're telling me they grow on trees." She glared at him. Surely, the man was hiding something from them.

It was then when a blonde woman approached them. Seeing Ophenia’s overly energetic introduction once again, Melissa smiled, thinking that she resembled a child meeting someone for the first time. However, Bay the quest giver didn’t seem keen on letting her join them, rejecting her and tossing the letter without having read it. This man... Melissa could feel it, a fire burning from within her. Also, not wanting to see Ophenia get upset, Melissa decided to speak up.

"No? What do you mean no? This lady took the trouble to come all the way out here, we can't just send her home." And if he was fine with her tagging along, why not this newcomer? Studying the newcomer intently, she then came upon a realization.

"Unless... you are afraid of getting the Ryken academy involved?"

Finnegan Huttman
1c9b363dcac1bd6d71bdff81c71fe5d6.jpg

...The Akademy...? The hell were they doing here. Hey was right to follow Seven and Henny, too many bodies here and now... Buddy was being dismissive of the new person?

This wasn't a ruse was it?

A bad tasted joke?

He paused a moment to consider the man named Bay once more utilizing Appraisal to examine him... Maybe the titles will show abit more... Maybe he will just have reason to kill him where he stood?

He hoped his Insight (Skill) could give abit of help... Something felt very off...

Trees were ahead, but... Something...

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg

Whomever opened the letter- breaking the red seal with the Academy's crest on it, would find a simple letter inside:

Hello to Bay Besitter,
Unfortunately, Dalton Adams is unable to attend, due to an unfortunate case of accidental poisoning. While he will live, he is unable to attend. As Ryken Academy's presence is highly encouraged to maintain our alliance, I am sending a student as our representative, one Rowan Thorn, in his place.
Signed, Nigel Samders

Ophenia's infectiousness stunned Rowan, but she was the kind of person to recieve what she got back. Ophenia showed her kindess, and in return, she showed the fae kindness in return. "My name is Rowan. IT's lovely to meet you." Though her excitement was cut short by Besitter's apalling lack of manners.
Rowan didn't react to the insult, but gave him her best customer service smile- for those kind of people who she had to try to finesse first. IF the man was silly enough to ignore free help, then she would have to apply a bit of pressure. A somewhat threat. Condescend him into making her join, as his response had been rude. And if he thought she would take that without retaliation, then he was stupider than he looked. She was a mercenary, and hadn't been through all the bullshit getting to where she was without a man-sized infant standing in her way.

"Oh, I see! You're one of those people. IF you want to start a war with Ryken Academy, be my guest. Make Professor Samders come all the way over here himself to understand why you would so callously deny him. He's been itching to blow someone up for weeks now! He's not happy that his precious Dalton was almost killed, and he had to send another to maintain the alliance. I'd love to see you explain to your superiors why you single-handedly degraded relations with Ryken Acedemy! It's quite confusing to see why you would let everything go to waste, just to not bring another person along on your trip. The letter in the bird's claws is the explanation you need. I do not see why you would stir trouble for both parties. Read it first, then make your decision. As per the agreement, a Ryken student was sent to give aid. Although it was last-minute, it still fullfills the contract."

Rowan would wait for his response, clearly ready to go back and report the scandalous behavior of Bay Besitter to the Professor if he refused her again, and she was clearly ready to do so with glee- considering he acted so shamefully. On principle alone, Professor Samders would have smacked the man before him for such impropriety. Besides, she had the Ryken uniform on, tailored to her measurements, along with light leather armour- in case something got past her barriers. She looked like a Ryken student- and if Bay Besitter looked inside the note, he would see that it was in NIgel Samder's handwriting, his signature quite recognizable in it's pretentious, flowy script.

Ophenianew.png
Silken flowers of gilded strings.
Ophenia was flabbergasted when she heard what bay had said. Her head was filled with literal air but she definitely disliked how Bay had flat out refused this poor girl who had to probably take quite a long trip to get here. All the way from Ryke to Here? Must have been quite far. Also, what was the academy? What did "academy" even mean? "I object Mr Bay! It is quite rude of you to reject someone so easily without any reason! You have to lighten up a bit, after all, a concert is always merrier with a large audience!" Ophenia said cheerfully with a bright smile but then paused with a dumbfounded face. "...Merrier the more we have... Wait this isn't a concert- I think it was more the merrier?" Ophenia mumbled to herself as she quickly changed her mind.

She then twirled around, turning back to the person who had been rejected, "Don't worry new friend! You're always welcome to join us if it makes you happy! I, Ophenia, allow you to stay with us! Ahaha!" The sylphid said chipperly with a warm smile. As the person said her name, Ophenia immediately forgot everything but the first syllable, "Oh! That's such a cute name, Ms Roland! It'd be wonderful to get to know each other more!" But before Ophenia could continue to speak, the girl before her had begun to retort Bay's rejection.

As the words flew out, Ophenia could only think. What was the Ryken Academy? Why a war, isn't the Capital of Ryke in a state of peace? What's a Professor? Who's Sam... San... Sam. Who's Sam? Who's Dalton? Sounds like a chemical. Chemicals can die? Who is this person? "You know, we should really get going all together now! It'd be a waste to just go back now that you've made it so far! I'm sure the owner of PokeThreads would be quite displeased if her silk arrived late! So why not put this all aside and continue on for now?" The sylphid said with nervous glee. She cheerfully started stepping ahead. Further and further ahead. Cheerily striding along, with a nervous smile and while humming a tune. Ophenia really did not want to think right now.

Finn's Appraisal reveals much (details sent in DM).

Bay was doing his best just trying to take these nice people on this quest but this...this...woman! His carefree stride slowly came to a halt as his shoulders slouched in response to Rowan's persistence. A hand raised to pinch the bridge of his nose as he let her say her piece. When she was done, he sighed and leveled his gaze at her.

"Listen, girl, all I said was 'no'. At any point did I physically attack you or prevent you from tagging along? Did I even threaten you, as you have done to me just now? If anyone is threatening any "alliance" here, it is you. Now, I see you have a nice uniform on there, so take care not to get it dirty as you venture into the wilderness outside of your academy for the first time. You'll have to excuse me if I don't fan you along the way. I know, I know, my humblest apologies that we didn't have a litter to carry you on. Now if you're coming along, fall in line, and just know you're pissing outside with the rest of us rabble...your highness."

Unwanted delays were the worst delays, and all delays were unwanted in Bay's book. His casual step had increased its tempo after that spirited exchange. They hit the treeline in no time flat. There was at least a 20 degree temperature difference from sunlight to shade, and one might find themselves involuntarily sighing at the immediate relief it provided. Not far in, there was a small pond to the side of the path where Bay stopped them.

"Drink your fill and top off your flasks. Thinking you're strong enough to fight the heat has taken many a traveller in these parts." he said as he knelt down to gather some water.

Last edited:
< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

Bored, she heeded attention to the situation that played out. At least, she continued to do so until she would realize a rather hilarious idea for the letter being balanced in her talons. The bird would, (with much struggle,) attempt to crease and fold the letter to be just small enough such that it would be able to fit in her little pouch. A war? In this day and age? What an interesting little proposition. A wartime economy was, if she recalled from her past life, quite beneficial for all parties involved. The circulation of the economy, if she recalled, was quite important, was it not? And wouldn't there be many who would be able to reap the benefits of all the bloodshed that would ensure?

As soon as they would reach the small pond, the bird carefully flew closely to the water, careful not to fall in as she would ingest more and more of the fresh water. A small sigh of relief washed over her as her dehydration was quenched. Once she was done satiating her thirst, she flew back onto Finn's shoulder once more. Cooing sweetly, squawking quietly, sweetly, as if begging for his attention.

"Um, Finnegan," the bird beckoned for his name, gazing at him with hopeful eyes. "I don't have hands nor the strength to carry my own flask of water. Wouldn't you be so kind as to share your flask of water with me along the trip? Please? Um, well, admittedly, there might just also just have always really wanted a knight in shining armor to treat me like a princess and help me where I was helpless similarly to the fairytales I'd read for as long as I'd been a child, but I would be incredibly happy if you would be so kind to do it for me, Finnegan!!"

Finnegan Huttman

c66bd9ea480e0f52bc1d867bb72447b8.jpg
Finn stared at the Bae person... His eyes following the appraisal and the information that it was feeding him... He contemplated for a moment, thought about it, chewed the thought, then nodded. As if swallowing a new food he had been trying for the first time.

"Right, fair enough. Water is important, just enough here for a birdbath I guess." He smirked at the little bird as Seven took a deep drink, Finn followed suit, finishing off his flask and giving it a dunk in the clean water. Filled to the brim, he paused and once again glanced at Bae... A cautious look... But one that wondered more than sized them up as a threat.

"Say, have you guys seen the Harpies of the palace? Had the pleasure yesterday, Duran, our guide, walked us all in on something, certainly a shock, guy almost got ripped along with Haroy Stripes for his stupidity." He spoke as he stood up. "Certainly stunning to see those folk, plenty of color too em too. Alnost makes me jealous of em."

He paused to lend an ear to Seven, who was whispering now. "Well of course princess, anything for royalty as you." He gave her a light scratch on the neck with a ungloved finger. Metal hurts he wouldn't dare pet a softie like her gauntleted. "I've come to grown fond of featehred folk these days it seems... Perhaps its simply jealousy of being able to fly..."

The man considered wistfully, the little bird upin his shoulder getting more petting.

Melissa
IMG_0018.jpg

Hearing the outburst from Rowan after the guide's single word dismissal of her, Melissa made a mental note to herself not to piss her off. She was one scary woman! However it did seem like she was blowing things way out of proportion here, to get the professor to come here all by himself to punish this one man. After all, doesn't the professor have better things to do? Melissa shrugged her shoulders, dismissing her unnecessary thoughts. It wasn't as if she would know about the workings of the academy, all she had were her own assumptions to work with.

After listening to Bay's reply to Rowan, Melissa would heave a sigh. "Alright, enough already you two! Come on, we've only just met each other, can't we all just get along here?" She would then turn to Bay, with a scowl on her face. "And you know you kinda deserved that, sending her home just like that." And if he was going to let her come with anyways, why did he have to act that way?

Afterwards the party would go to a pond. Melissa would drink and refill from her flask there. As she did so, she couldn't help but to listen in on Finn's tales of a harpy. She would look to the sky with hands behind her head, as she wondered about the harpies. "Ooh, harpies? Like feathered human creatures? That'd be an interesting sight to witness, although I hope they won't end up coming to kill me in return." While the girl had trouble recalling the details of her previous life, she did remember what harpies were like. They were the stuff of legends and myths, but try as she might, she couldn't remember where she would have found this information.

Ophenianew.png
Contrary to popular belief, Ophenia wears makeup and can't sing in soprano.
Ophenia let out a big sigh of relief, she didn't hear what Bay had said since she was walking up ahead but she could sense the tinge of tension. The sylph found it quite surprising that she didn't look like a peeled tomato, but she'd soon remember why later.

After everyone had made it to the pond, Ophenia let out a long sigh of relief, as she rubbed the sweat off her forehead. "If I knew the sun was going to be so hot today, I would've tied up my hair! Oh, how lovely it'd be to have shorter hair..." The sylph said exhausted, as she twirled her hair around. Sunlight upon the skin was not a pleasant feeling. Ophenia would head over to the pond, dampening her hands and then splashing her face with water. Rouge and orange nail paint dissolved into the water as pearly dust washed off into the pond. This was peak villainy for Ophenia, polluting a poor pond.

Like most performers, Ophenia was dusted with cosmetic colourants to enhance her liveliness, unfortunately, it would easily wash off when exposed to water. This woman needed a better waterproof concealer. Without those colourants, Ophenia's usually peach complexion looked much paler and dead. The young fae began to think, all those colourant powders on my skin, they were the reason I'm not melting to death... Pale skin in direct sunlight causes... Sunburn. "I'm going to burn to death," Ophenia said out loud like it was some sort of mindblowing realization while staring at the water. For all that thinking, it seemed she had forgotten the meaning of "Sunburn."

Ophenia stood up, hands on her hips, and stared at the sky. "As if, air can't burn, so neither can I! Ahaha!" Ophenia loudly exclaimed cheerily as she head back over to where everyone else was while violently shaking her hands and head dry. She overheard everyone else talking about harpies, and with starry eyes, Ophenia couldn't help but pitch in. "Harpies? They were so adorable! Like fairies but with feathers! And judging by how loudly they could shriek, they must have a really high vocal range!" Ophenia excitedly exclaimed, "I'm so jealous! I wish I could do something like that, the highest I can go is a low mezzo-soprano. Ahhh, I'm green with envy!"

Ophenia directed her eyes to Seven, "Ms Seven do you think you could hit a high vocal range like the harpies back in the Pavillion? Or like those... uhh... Sirens? Back in those sewers by the duchy?" The sylph asked curiously with a cheerful smile.

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

She emitted a small giggle towards Finn's small statement of his possible jealousy.

"Yes...I cannot pretend I would not have been similar. I recall I too had once also envied birds for their flight and song. God was a kindhearted man for granting my final wish. Perhaps...a very, very clever one. Ah, but I digress. I digress out of lack of importance."

There must have been a disturbance in the force--what with how Seven would seemingly freeze in her comfortable cooing from Finn's continued neck rubbing, slowly glancing over towards Ophenia with regards to her question...

...Her...vocal range?

...In her past life she hadn't much else to do but to work with it, but, in this one...

"W-Well! Um...! Y-You see...I would be, err...v-very...quite out of practice--! A-And, uh, what if it attracts monsters--?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back