• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Psychie Psychie Ah! O.K.! That'll take practice to remember, but I see it. =)

Damage is 12 dice after Soak. Rolling

9i damage
Great roll, bud!

And again, here. I'm counting 8 successes (Difficulty 7). Was the Stunt counted by the player to be a level 2 stunt (therefore one automatic success)?

In Exalted, who declares what the value of the Stunt is? The PC or the Storyteller?

My sword helps out by changing the value of one die by a single digit, making a 6 count as a 7, giving me another success.

In Exalted, who declares what the value of the Stunt is? The PC or the Storyteller?
The usual rule is that it is the Storyteller. But so long as you can post something more than a basic 'I stab him' I have ruled that you can award yourself a level 1 stunt by default to speed up the dice rolling here. A level 2 stunt is less common, and I will add the +1 success to the effect and let the player know that he/she has gotten that level. A level 3 stunt is very rare, and will come up only when everyone is pretty much speechless on how well you describe the attack.

My sword helps out by changing the value of one die by a single digit, making a 6 count as a 7, giving me another success.
Right! (I just read that on your character sheet too and it didn't "click" in my head.) I get it now! =)

So, if memory serves, Psychie said we can count our normal descriptions as being worthy of 1 Stunt. If the post is considered to be of higher Stunt value, you'll be the one to tell us. Do I have that right, Psychie Psychie ?

EDIT: You answered this just now. Cooool!

Help me out here...Opal is going to dive and use its flurry charm to make two withering attacks and then fly away....do I just make two claw attack rolls here or do I need to do something with its movement dice?

I am still trying to get my head around this system...I understand the intiative...withering vs decisive..but its the details...

I hope to post in here later today (Real Life will be "calling" soon here). =)

With Silent Glade just ruining Kerwin's day here (that was terrific, Chowlett!), and Amara Crashing one of the Demon-apes, I am left wondering as to the morale of the remaining guards (but not the second ape; demons being demons and all). I think I am going to stick with O Mighty Fat Cat getting O Mighty on the door (or otherwise opening it).

Psychie Psychie As Fat Cat swiped at Kerwin, did Fat Cat perchance spot a key on Kerwin? If so, and given the way this battle is going, I'm partly of a mind to just have Fat Cat go up and take it from Kerwin and unlock the door in a less violent manner. Or I could still have Fat Cat try and smash the door in. Given Kerwin's state, is there any clear advantage to either action?

Help me out here...Opal is going to dive and use its flurry charm to make two withering attacks and then fly away....do I just make two claw attack rolls here or do I need to do something with its movement dice?

I am still trying to get my head around this system...I understand the intiative...withering vs decisive..but its the details...
Just go ahead and give me your two withering attacks, since you can move and attack without penalty. Mercy also has her Ride Charm going to help keep her in the saddle, so that is not a worry.

And to be honest, I'm still learning the details of the system myself. I trust that I can count on everyone to help me out when I make mistakes, so we should all be good.
Psychie Psychie As Fat Cat swiped at Kerwin, did Fat Cat perchance spot a key on Kerwin? If so, and given the way this battle is going, I'm partly of a mind to just have Fat Cat go up and take it from Kerwin and unlock the door in a less violent manner. Or I could still have Fat Cat try and smash the door in. Given Kerwin's state, is there any clear advantage to either action?
You did not see a key on Kerwin, but considering how important the artifact items are, it is a reasonable assumption to make to think that he has the key somewhere on his person. You can go ahead and try to get it from him since it is your action.

As far as the morale of the mortal soldiers go, they are all a bit rattled seeing their boss get cut down so decisively, along with one of the two demon guards he had summoned. They just have not had much of a chance to do anything about it yet.

As far as the morale of the mortal soldiers go, they are all a bit rattled seeing their boss get cut down so decisively, along with one of the two demon guards he had summoned. They just have not had much of a chance to do anything about it yet.
I see what you did there . . . Kerwin getting cut down decisively. lol

<groan> That was a complete happy accident. Didn't mean to do that at all. Trust Sherwood to catch that, though.

I've no doubt Opal and Gray Stone are liable to either crash outright remove two more combatants before my action so I'll go ahead and ask.

What are the Guards and maybe the Blood Ape's resolves for when I call for their surrender?

and I cannot roll for CRAAAAAAPPPPP....at least it looks cool

I've no doubt Opal and Gray Stone are liable to either crash outright remove two more combatants before my action so I'll go ahead and ask.

What are the Guards and maybe the Blood Ape's resolves for when I call for their surrender?
The mortals have a Resolve of 1, being the low level antagonists that they are. The demon has a Resolve of 3.
and I cannot roll for CRAAAAAAPPPPP....at least it looks cool
The dice giveth, and the dice taketh away....

It looks like I didn't need to worry about using my Form Charm. This fight is going to be over with a quickness.

I think the remaining ape's DV is now 2? 4 to start with, suffered two attacks from the Agata - first at DV 4, second at 3, it's now at 2 for the next one?

And to be honest, I'm still learning the details of the system myself. I trust that I can count on everyone to help me out when I make mistakes, so we should all be good.
Yay! I'm not the only one! *cheer* =)

Psychie Psychie Re: Kerwin. This being an over-the-top action game, I think it is more in the spirit of the game to just have Fat Cat try to blow the door off of its hinges. If so...

1. Rykon talked about Excellencies and you mentioned that Lunars have the ability to make their Attributes more powerful (I think you worded it differently though). So... one does this by calling up another Attribute? (Say, using Perception to strike the weakest part of the door?)

2. Fat Cat has a Mutation that allows him the ability to do Lethal damage (Claws & Fangs). Surely doors can soak Bashing, but what about Lethal?

3. Either way, Da Chonk would like to use whatever Charms and Mutations will get the door down in a single hit like Finding the Needle's Eye for the extra reach. Would his Deadly Weaponry Mutation help?

Deadly Weaponry (•) (p. 119, Lunar)
Innate
Prerequisite: Claws/Fangs/Hooves/Horns or other natural weapons.

This mutation depicts especially dangerous natural weapons: long claws, piercing tusks, a stinging tail, etc. One of the mutant’s natural attacks gains one of the Balanced, Chopping, Disarming, Flexible, Piercing, or Smashing tags. With four-dot natural weaponry, she applies two tags. This mutation can be purchased multiple times to enhance different natural weapons, but can’t enhance the same natural weapon multiple times.

<groan> That was a complete happy accident. Didn't mean to do that at all. Trust Sherwood to catch that, though.
Ha ha! I'm so proud of you, Psychie! You've come such a long way, now you're doing it unconsciously! What skill you have! 8D Ha ha! *hugs*

It looks like I didn't need to worry about using my Form Charm. This fight is going to be over with a quickness.
You guys are a fairly large group of Celestial Exalts against two demons, a Dragon Blood and a group of mortals. If Kerwin hadn't been struck down so early in the fight, it would have been a little different, but not by much.

If you try to knock down the door, I'd use the Strength Excellency to double your Str. That, along with your claws, should make short order of the door. Or at the very least, do enough harm to it to make a hole to go through.

If you try to knock down the door, I'd use the Strength Excellency to double your Str. That, along with your claws, should make short order of the door. Or at the very least, do enough harm to it to make a hole to go through.
I have this vision in my head "I have super strength...I am going to knock down the door!"

Ends up putting his leg through the door but not actually knocking it down. 🤣

Purr Purr Don't forget this:

Full Moon • For five motes, the Full Moon adds (Essence, maximum 5) non-Charm dice on movement rolls and feats of strength and gains (higher of Essence or 3) natural soak until her next turn. This is free at bonfire anima.

Great! But how do you use the Strength Excellency in-game? Doesn't one write up something to display their use of it?

I have this vision in my head "I have super strength...I am going to knock down the door!"

Ends up putting his leg through the door but not actually knocking it down. 🤣
Hah! That is Monty Python-worthy! "Um. I will have my leg out in a moment! Just..." *struggles in vain* "...do be patient. Everything is fine!" Ha ha! If I Botch, I'd love to go with that, Eon! =)

Purr Purr Don't forget this:

Full Moon • For five motes, the Full Moon adds (Essence, maximum 5) non-Charm dice on movement rolls and feats of strength and gains (higher of Essence or 3) natural soak until her next turn. This is free at bonfire anima.
Ah! I thought one had to be in bonfire-stage anima to use this! Does using this put him straight into bonfire anima? (Fat Cat is new to some of his powers - does he even know?) Huh!

Reminder that at the end of each combat round we all get 5 motes of essence back. (Core book p. 174)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back