• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
oh sigh, nothing like an overly enthusiatic demon wasp,,,
Eonivar Eonivar Heya! How did you come to the conclusion that the (currently nameless?) demon wasp almost threw Mercy? I'm used to Storytellers providing that kind of decision, but everyone here knows Exalted far better than I! =)

Heya! How did you come to the conclusion that the (currently nameless?) demon wasp almost threw Mercy? I'm used to Storytellers providing that kind of decision, but everyone here knows Exalted far better than I! =)
Well I thought she had botched originally and that action seemed to make the most sense. If you read about the Agata, they can get very excited and be unpredictable at times even to their riders, so i thought that made the most sense.

And even after the Join Battle rule was clarified it made sense to me was that the reason that Mercy is low on the battle order was because she is trying to hang on and stay with Opal as Opal dove into the battle, so the action of her hanging on is causing her to react late in the order.

So this is more of a narrative logic to me than really what the rules are, and it seemed to fit in the rules ok.

O.K.! So in the end, you are adding some nice roleplaying flavor to the scene that is true to both the Agata and Mercy. I can appreciate that!

I'm glad Mercy didn't fall off. Having been drugged, kidnapped, stolen from, and all the rest, The Circle is having a rough enough day as it is! Heh! =)

I'm glad Mercy didn't fall off.
That Base Riding charm is worth it for sure, three different abilities in one charm, one mote cost to stay mounted makes it very worthwhile, particularly on a flying mount.

In the end I am more of a writer and a role player…this game system is a complex challenge for sure, I enjoy the simpler more narrative systems and games (like a lot of the Powered By the Apocalypse games particularly Masks: A New Generation), but this game seems to account for most everything in order to give it a good description so no complaints.

Eonivar Eonivar Huh! You're the second person I've seen mention that gaming system (that I've played but briefly but enjoyed it). Since you're a fan Powered, maybe you'd be also into the terrific series, Avatar: The Last Airbender? Jaydude is starting up a game using that system. =)

Just putting it out there because I don't like cool people missing cool things (and you seem cool to me so far, so hey! Why not share the love, right?). =)

I actually was in on the Kickstarter for the Avatar RPG…I would love to play if there is room.

Oh, you were? That's awesome! I'm still watching the first series (I'm on the Fire Book). Get in there, Eon! Woo-hoo! =)

EDIT: I see you already have! Hooraaaay! =)

water fire GIF

I watched the series when it came out years ago (and a few times after), as well as Legend of Korra later. Korra is my favorite series between the two but both are equally fantastic. Wow, thank you Purr Purr for the link to jaydude jaydude 's game!

Ha ha! My fond pleasure, Eonivar Eonivar ! Jaydude is a wonderful Game Master! If it weren't for the spoilers I'd learn and my being at my self-imposed game cap, I'd be in there with you and Rykon!

Jaydude, Sherwood, and Psychie (forgive me if I'm missing someone) all introduced me to Avatar: The Last Airbender not long after the RPG Kickstarter ended. Jaydude wanted to try out the rules here on RP Nation and given the good company, how could I say no? Post-Kickstarter, I went to another company (Game Nerdz) and ordered the physical copy of the rules and I'm looking forward to getting it! I missed the Kickstarter, but I own both the Aang and Korra series and I've been enjoying the Aang series at my own pace while discovering some wonderful things about it all (like Mako played Uncle Iroh! Ohhh!).

I really wish I would have known about Avatar: The Last Airbender when it was live, but hey! Better late than never! =)

(Side note for anyone interested: I have added a Goals section to O Mighty Fat Cat's character sheet in the tab "Inspirations & Goals". I want every character I create and play to be going for something. Because... "Running water never grows stale." - Bruce Lee. =)
An interesting exercise for sure. In my case, the goals for the character and the player differ in scope and expectations.

Aredin wants to travel the full breadth of creation for himself. I as the player won't be disappointed if the story says somewhat localized, as that would kind of push a play style on six other people counting the story teller with their own agendas.

I, the player, think it would be cool if we convinced some Dragon-Blooded haters to join us on a grand raid. It could be on a shadowland mausoleum acting as the gateway to a deathlord's war camp, or a Fairfolk Freehold with a rather prestigious hostage like a high ranking god or even an Exalt of some sort. Y'know some type of stuff that might make for the climax of an action movie. I figured this group would be into that sort of story arc. Aredin on the other hand, might need some convincing as to why a situation is his problem or warrants collaborating with past enemies depending on the path that got us there.

Eonivar Eonivar Huh! You're the second person I've seen mention that gaming system (that I've played but briefly but enjoyed it). Since you're a fan Powered, maybe you'd be also into the terrific series, Avatar: The Last Airbender? Jaydude is starting up a game using that system. =)

Just putting it out there because I don't like cool people missing cool things (and you seem cool to me so far, so hey! Why not share the love, right?). =)
Fwiw, I recommend that everyone consider throwing relevant interest categories in your watchlist. You never know what might cool stuff might show up.

For now, I only keep the dice interest one on watch.

I really ought to keep a look out for some Blades in the Dark action; that's another system I really want to try playing. I DM'd it for a while, and I could see it was cool, but I wasn't able to do it justice. Sightly unusual skillset needed to run it, I think

Ok, so I'm up for combat, and I'll post tomorrow morning (it's 11pm here). Now Ex3 combat is a complex multi-stepped affair. Psychie Psychie - how far should I be declaring my actions, to best balance sticking to the correct order or things with not grinding to a halt?

Ok, so I'm up for combat, and I'll post tomorrow morning (it's 11pm here). Now Ex3 combat is a complex multi-stepped affair. Psychie Psychie - how far should I be declaring my actions, to best balance sticking to the correct order or things with not grinding to a halt?
We have plenty of time to make this work, so don't worry about having to take a day or two to get a post up. Just have fun with this. That is the most important rule, and one I plan on making sure is enforced!

If you try to squeeze in too much in a combat post, I'll let you know to dial it back a tad bit.

Hey Chowlett Chowlett , the one point stunt bonus is 2 dice, you get one more die!

Note, the Stunts in 3E are:
1 Point: 2 dice
2 Points: 2 dice, 1 auto-success
3 Points: 2 dice, 2 auto-successes

This also means our ST could apply any stunt bonuses over 1 point on the back end without us having to ask.

...I think Kevin might be dead guys. Good work Glade! Bare minimum that's an incredibly severe wound.

It's Parry DV is 4, so you hit with 4 successes. Go ahead and roll damage.

EDIT Soak is 7.
Newbie question! =) I don't understand DV just yet; how the result is 4 successes?

If the Difficulty is 7, and the roll is 7, 10, and 10, and if 10s counts as 2 successes, isn't that 5 total successes? What am I missing, please? =)

Sherwood got 8 successes to hit, then we subtract the 4 points of the Blood Ape's Parry DV, giving a net success of 4. He then takes the 4 successes, adds his Str of 4, and the sword damage of 10 before subtracting the 7 Soak for the ape, giving Sherwood a total damage of 11 dice. Sherwood Sherwood , you miscalculated by one on your damage roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back