• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Good enough to send the door off of its hinges! That's great! I'm going to add up the mote costs and whatnot and record them in my notes. =)

O.K., so...

That last post of mine. It's long, definitely (as most of my off-the-cuff posts tend to be as I put all of my thoughts out there, plus I was involved with Real Life and had to do that instead of giving it a proper edit). I can adjust that in future posts. But otherwise, is that the kind of post that promotes the "spirit of the Exalted game" if you will? Was it worth the 1-point Stunt?

jaydude jaydude Good try! Darned dice. =)

O.K.. Grey Stone's (what's the word?) Caste mark (?) has lit up as a golden sun on his head because he has spent 5 or more Peripheral Motes? This takes his... Anima Banner from Dim to Glowing and the display of the Caste mark is in reflection of this rule?

If so, O Mighty Fat Cat's own Caste mark (full moon) should be showing on his face too (not just his moonlit-charged eyes which I added as flavor)? He spent...

Cost: 3m for Finding the Needle's Eye
Cost 5m for Full Moon Anima (5)

8 Motes of... wait... personal Essence? I'm kind of lost. Can one choose to spend either?

O.K.. Grey Stone's (what's the word?) Caste mark (?) has lit up as a golden sun on his head because he has spent 5 or more Peripheral Motes? This takes his... Anima Banner from Dim to Glowing and the display of the Caste mark is in reflection of this rule?
Yes, that's correct. Your anima increases by one level for every 5 motes of Peripheral Essence you spend in an instant.

If so, O Mighty Fat Cat's own Caste mark (full moon) should be showing on his face too (not just his moonlit-charged eyes which I added as flavor)?
Probably? I don't recall how much Peripheral Essence you spent during your turn.

Probably? I don't recall how much Peripheral Essence you spent during your turn.
Well, I didn't declare which. I'm still learning how its spent in the first place. Does an Exalt choose which Essence Pool to pull from (Personal or Peripheral)? Can they split the costs of Charms, etc. between the two?

Well, I didn't declare which. I'm still learning how its spent in the first place. Does an Exalt choose which Essence Pool to pull from (Personal or Peripheral)? Can they split the costs of Charms, etc. between the two?
You can't split costs unless you empty one Essence Pool and have to make up a shortfall. You can choose which one to spend motes from however.

Ah! O.K.. So, if one spends... 5 or more Peripheral Essence, one's Anima Banner increases as Grey Stone's has. However... if I spend wisely, I can avoid Fat Cat showing his Caste marks at all (possibly concealing from some of the baddies that he's not a Lunar at all but some crazy monster). Showing the Caste mark is probably a dead giveaway, at least to Kerwin.

Ah! O.K.. So, if one spends... 5 or more Peripheral Essence, one's Anima Banner increases as Grey Stone's has. However... if I spend wisely, I can avoid Fat Cat showing his Caste marks at all (possibly concealing from some of the baddies that he's not a Lunar at all but some crazy monster). Showing the Caste mark is probably a dead giveaway, at least to Kerwin.
I mean, Kerwin already seems to know that we're Exalts, but yeah, you can hide your Caste Mark easily enough provided you don't burn too much Peripheral Essence at once.

Well, Fat Cat showed up later and by surprise. Kerwin and Fat Cat didn't interact until Fatty tried to run him over. =)

Are the Caste Mark and the Moonsilver Tattoos (that can be hid for 1 Mote according to Lunars book) the same thing? (I need to read more.)

Are the Caste Mark and the Moonsilver Tattoos (that can be hid for 1 Mote according to Lunars book) the same thing? (I need to read more.)
I don't believe so. You can't hide your tats if your Anima's above dim though.

True. That's another reason I want to limit the Peripheral Essence expenditure here. Currently, Fat Cat's banner is Dim; I want to keep it that way in case reinforcements show up and everyone jumps on Mercy's Agata and Da Chonk to hightail it out of there.

Whatever happens, I think we should at the least loot Kerwin and his wagon for the inconveniences he's caused everyone. =)

EDIT: I suspect he's going to get at least that from this particular Circle of Exalts even after the slice Glade gave him.

Last edited:
So, I couldn't find an image I liked for Silent Glade - I suck at finding character art - so I got Midjourney to generate one. It's now on my sheet. I'm... not disappointed, TBH. Could be a lot worse.

So, I couldn't find an image I liked for Silent Glade - I suck at finding character art - so I got Midjourney to generate one. It's now on my sheet. I'm... not disappointed, TBH. Could be a lot worse.
Not bad.

Oh, Glade looks cool! Check out all of those colors!

O.K., so...

That last post of mine. It's long, definitely (as most of my off-the-cuff posts tend to be as I put all of my thoughts out there, plus I was involved with Real Life and had to do that instead of giving it a proper edit). I can adjust that in future posts. But otherwise, is that the kind of post that promotes the "spirit of the Exalted game" if you will? Was it worth the 1-point Stunt?
Sorry I've taken so long to reply. Had a busy past few days.

Your post is just what the doctor ordered; well written, and very descriptive. Keep that up and you'll be fine.

Sorry I've taken so long to reply. Had a busy past few days.

Your post is just what the doctor ordered; well written, and very descriptive. Keep that up and you'll be fine.
Thank you!

Was it considered a one Stunt post? Maybe two? If it turns out to be two, I think I can replace that Willpower point that he spent!

Thank you, Psychie! That feels good! =)

Psychie Psychie With Eonivar's post, is combat over? Are those who want to go after Kerwin free to do so?

I'm asking because of this:
She looks at Silent Glade, and then kind of squeezes her arms wrapped about her chest. "Did you find our things? I do not like being in this state of..." She worked through trying to find the right word in Riverspeak. "...nakedness."
I have known that both Mercy and Amara are wearing very little clothes. Da Chonk, on the other hand, is just now discovering this. He wants to take immediate action to remedy the situation (by getting them some clothes! Heh!). But it's not his turn if we're still in combat.

On that note, Kerwin never rolled a disengage action, so I can't imagine he's fleeing at anything that could resemble speed. Assuming combat is over, I'll probably lean toward getting him bandaged up for interrogation while the others secure our characters' actual clothes and effects. I know Gray Stone wants answers, and it shouldn't take 6 of us to find our stuff.

On that note, Kerwin never rolled a disengage action, so I can't imagine he's fleeing at anything that could resemble speed. Assuming combat is over, I'll probably lean toward getting him bandaged up for interrogation while the others secure our characters' actual clothes and effects. I know Gray Stone wants answers, and it shouldn't take 6 of us to find our stuff.
Fat Cat does know through Dunsbury that Kerwin was planning to hand them over to that large group of Dynasts (presumably the Wyld Hunt), and I imagine he'd happily pass that information onto the rest of us. There's still the possible question of what Kerwin was hoping to get out of it though.

I have my own questions as well. This may stem from my ignorance as the player versus what the characters are aware of, but Aredin wants an idea of how loudly people are speaking about our characters individually being Anathema. Basically, how many people know and what the overall heat level is.

If we are starting from a place of having no protection of secrecy, well... The three options Aredin would see to solving the problem of ongoing Wyld Hunts would be: disappearing from society whether it be from assuming new identities or heading out in the wilderness (either of these means I'd probably need to refund at least one merit from character creation, which doesn't feel great), obtain enough military defenses to deter anything that could be construed as an act of war as a preventative measure, or make a rather thorough and savage example of a Wyld Hunt by handing them a bloody, decisive, and outright embarrassing defeat.

Long story short, I'd rather be in a position where we can control the threat of random folks snitching us out to the Realm or the Seventh Legion. If they force our hand though, my vote is for making an example by overwhelming retaliation. So Kerwin's testimony is liable to give us a pretty strong hint at what to expect.

Fat Cat does know through Dunsbury
Isn't Dunsbury the Guild contact? I thought we redacted that so Fat Cat didn't have any connections with the guild except through maybe Aredin?

That's why, in his opening scene, I had him pray to Luna to find out where Aredin was.

Halp, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back