• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern IMMORTALS OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yo! Not gonna lie this notification was an awesome thing to wake up to! Jump on in, and Thoth would be great. We only have one other Egyptian god currently @DatGuyWelbz but still lots of plotting potential !
So I read. This is great! I've already started building the character. Should be done very soon :3

In terms of the mini individual posts, if my character needs one you can send it along, he can go last. I imagined Thoth would likely be taking the meeting minutes, and be already present in the background somewhere.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Bit pissed off there isn't a button higher than a heart right now! He's a beaut! Can't wait to see him in action.

Going to be out most of the day and unable to link it to you, but the first post on this thread has a link to our Discord. There's usually more people out and about chatting over there, if you have any more questions!

Blu Blu Digit Digit Suppose now we've got to discuss how to weave Thoth into the current situation? Feel like he'd be a very interesting/useful addition to the current discussion IC!

SilverFlight SilverFlight Bit pissed off there isn't a button higher than a heart right now! He's a beaut! Can't wait to see him in action.

Going to be out most of the day and unable to link it to you, but the first post on this thread has a link to our Discord. There's usually more people out and about chatting over there, if you have any more questions!

Blu Blu Digit Digit Suppose now we've got to discuss how to weave Thoth into the current situation? Feel like he'd be a very interesting/useful addition to the current discussion IC!
Cool, I'll get on that discord.

Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero I dunno if you want to use this at all, but Thoth and Hermes share a lot of similarities, they've been equated in the past too, Thoth could have been a close friend, or somehow connected to him?
It's something I thought about. I dunno, up to you.

SilverFlight SilverFlight I'm gonna be out for a bit so I won't be able to read up on Thoth for now, but it definitely sounds like something worth exploring! If anything, we've got another Hermes/Merc equivalent in Lugh, which would be another interesting thing to consider.

Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero I dunno if you want to use this at all, but Thoth and Hermes share a lot of similarities, they've been equated in the past too, Thoth could have been a close friend, or somehow connected to him?
It's something I thought about. I dunno, up to you.
SilverFlight SilverFlight I'm gonna be out for a bit so I won't be able to read up on Thoth for now, but it definitely sounds like something worth exploring! If anything, we've got another Hermes/Merc equivalent in Lugh, which would be another interesting thing to consider.

They should start a club ! But yeah feel free to make up anything you want (within reason) about their relationship. And yeah seeing his interactions with Lugh now would be interesting for sure as they're also sort of the Celtic/Egyptian counterparts of each other.

Might be interested in plotting with Lexielai Lexielai as well cos of the overlaps in themes concerning death

There is a lot of overlap with other gods for sure, but the special thing about Thoth and Hermes is that they were considered the same deity at one point in history by sympatric Greeks and Egyptians. Hermes Trismagistus was the title used for both, they were considered a master of alchemy and communication.
It could mean nothing, or Thoth could have some sort of personal connection to what happened. I had it in mind that he would be quite affected by Hermes' death at any rate.

Small headcanon: Thoth and Apollo become friends over their general distaste for Romans.

I'll not post until I get a formal acceptance and maybe a little more direction? I have an idea of how to step in but I don't want to step on toes :3

I ended up writing my post but it's super long and I'm gonna apologize because I haven't actually read much of anyone else's posts so let's pretend Iris is just in too much shock to register most of what's going on?

There is a lot of overlap with other gods for sure, but the special thing about Thoth and Hermes is that they were considered the same deity at one point in history by sympatric Greeks and Egyptians. Hermes Trismagistus was the title used for both, they were considered a master of alchemy and communication.
It could mean nothing, or Thoth could have some sort of personal connection to what happened. I had it in mind that he would be quite affected by Hermes' death at any rate.

Small headcanon: Thoth and Apollo become friends over their general distaste for Romans.

I'll not post until I get a formal acceptance and maybe a little more direction? I have an idea of how to step in but I don't want to step on toes :3

Lugus is a little bit the same way but he's often directly compared with mercury, I believe. Still, definitely something there!

I imagine there's been a lot of interaction with the Greek and the Egyptian gods as they're geographically close and their people interacted extensively anyway.

Apollo would definitely appreciate anyone who doesn't like the Romans. My headcanon is he was the last one to move on from the whole fall of Ancient Greece thing, and probably the last one to remain on Olympus, which is why he never had a Roman equivalent. That besides, being a god of reason himself, he probably likes talking to Thoth just for the sake of it.

As for the RP itself, I'm going to send you a PM today about what happened to Thoth. We've decided that it would be best for the story flow if Thoth got held up over something instead, which is why he was late to the party. The PM will be about what happened, which may or may not end up crucial to what's happening anyway (winkwink)

I ended up writing my post but it's super long and I'm gonna apologize because I haven't actually read much of anyone else's posts so let's pretend Iris is just in too much shock to register most of what's going on?

Loved it! Hey at least now we know this villain is a friend of Dorothy XD Katsumi and Lugh are also outside I believe?

Oh god, this post is gonna be a long one, and I haven't even gotten to the vision part yet lol

I'll have breakfast before finishing up the post.

Whew! That was a lot of text to crunch. Please let me know if I got anything wrong. My memory is very far from divine. XD

Guess who finally got off her butt and fully read everyone's posts instead of just Morpheus and Apollo's XD
That said, I'll get something up tomorrow so Iris can contribute more than just her tears... >w>

Oh, by the way, everyone! Apollo totally has dibs on at least one piece of the baklava. Could not find a way to insert it in my last post, cos it would be awkward to have him stuffing his face full of sweet heavenly goodness as he blabbers on and on... but when there's a will, there's a way! And of course, everyone knows Skylie's lollipops are reserved for Elias whether he likes it or not. :P

And oh yeah, I guess I'd better bring it up here now to spare further confusion, but @ Everyone would you rather your character be referred to in their god name or human name? Just so I can keep my non-dialogue writing consistent with your preference. Apollo has a habit of calling everyone by their god name regardless, so it gets confusing for me sometimes. XD

Oh, by the way, everyone! Apollo totally has dibs on at least one piece of the baklava. Could not find a way to insert it in my last post, cos it would be awkward to have him stuffing his face full of sweet heavenly goodness as he blabbers on and on... but when there's a will, there's a way! And of course, everyone knows Skylie's lollipops are reserved for Elias whether he likes it or not. :P

And oh yeah, I guess I'd better bring it up here now to spare further confusion, but @ Everyone would you rather your character be referred to in their god name or human name? Just so I can keep my non-dialogue writing consistent with your preference. Apollo has a habit of calling everyone by their god name regardless, so it gets confusing for me sometimes. XD

I'm fine with either, I usually refer to her as Skylie in non-dialogue

Also, I'd like an addendum for those lollipops: Skylie can take as many as she wants since she paid for them XD

I refer to everyone in-dialogue by their god names when they're in private/around just other gods, and their human names in public places with normal people around. Sans Apollo cause either way he's mother effin' Apollo.

Elias takes a lollipop only to have it be confiscated by Carly who wants everything ;~;

I refer to everyone in-dialogue by their god names when they're in private/around just other gods, and their human names in public places with normal people around. Sans Apollo cause either way he's mother effin' Apollo.

Elias takes a lollipop only to have it be confiscated by Carly who wants everything ;~;

Iris: Elias where the hell did your lollipop go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back