• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
> Be not dreaming Dann

As if something unlodge in the shaking, Dann immedately begins snoring, loudly, and very very ugly, it appears being silent while sleeping is not on the menu.

Nor is waking up it seems?

> Be Dann in the dream

Well fuck thats worrying. And honestly a little more than foreboding. Whelp, fuck it, you know that pandora's box ain't gonna open it's self.

Best just... Open the door and deal with the issue first hand.

Go inside.​

> Anya: Ditch this hullaballoo.

Avoiding one mighty punt after the other as you swerve between the legs of your foes, you soon realize there's no point to fighting. Sooner or later, you'll take a hit, and that doesn't sound particularly APPEALING. For this reason, you start sprinting towards Ciel, ditching your weapon in favour of having two free hands to operate with.

ANYA: We're running.
ANYA: It's bad.

> Hup!

Having no time to consider the alternatives, you grab your friend around the waist, lifting and holding her under your shoulder with one arm. With Ciel secured, you jump and climb on the back of a GICPLOPS, using your free hand and legs to do so. Through bruises and sweat, you make it all the way to its shoulder, just as the other slams its fist into its compatriot viciously.

The heavy rocking causes you some imbalance, but you manage to just not fall over. Realizing you can't make the jump with the combined weight of two people, you YEET Ciel through the gate like she's a blown-up bladder, being tossed to the sea to appease some sort of SEAL GODDESS. Following suit, you push yourself forward with another heave of the giant's body, propelled towards your target with extra FORCE.

> Be Bart.

You cannot wake Dann as he is OUT COLD. Why is he asleep in such a weird place anyway?

This is a thought you do not have time to ponder as a small BATTALION of UNDERLINGS pour in through the door. IMPS and OGRES, even a couple LICHES, these guys are really coming!
> Be Dann.

You enter.

The room is what appears to be a SMALL STUDY, complete with bookshelves and a wooden desk. Pacing all around the room is a small PROSPITIAN wrapped in gray robes. They jump when they notice you, though they quickly regain what little composure they had. They are excited to see you, but you can tell that the most prevalent emotion on their face is PANIC.
> Be Anya.

You manage to toss your friend like a sack of potatoes through the gate, but as you go to jump yourself, you lose your footing and are knocked to the ground. It seems something has TACKLED the GICLOPS you were standing on. That...

... that is not a SAP IMP. Though it's NAME TAG says it is a low-level UNDERLING, this creature is anything but. It is thin and tall like a LICH, with a long tail and additional limbs like a BASILISK. It's posture is that of a VELOCIRAPTOR, and it's large OGRE-LIKE teeth has sunken into the TITANIUM GICLOPS that is now collapsed onto the ground.

It looks wrong; Not weird, but INCORRECT: like it shouldn't exist in the medium in which you dwell. It's some form of ABOMINATION.
> Be Ciel.

OOF! You land with a thud into a SEVERAL FEET of SNOW as you are promptly sent through the GATE. When you get up, the snow is up to your waist, and you have been in LODAS before, but it's never been THIS COLD BEFORE. The snow is really coming down, and it's hard to see past a couple dozen feet.

It also worries you that ANYA hasn't shown up yet.

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Orikanyo Orikanyo

> Ciel: Hey wha-

Before you know it, you find yourself buried in snow. Did Anya throw you through...? But she should have come with you. You trust she's strong and all... especially since she held you up with her STRONG ARMS, but you're still worried. You have to make sure she's okay, NO SOLIDER LEFT BEHIND!!!

> Ciel: Search

You press forward, looking for another gate, some way to go back, refusing to leave her behind. If she does come through the gate, she should be able to follow your foot prints. In the mean time... maybe one of the devils could help?

---- radiantAgate [RA] has begun pestering eloquentAdvocate [EA] ----
RA: Sorry to bother you, Slevis
RA: But we have a situation
RA: You can check on us, right?
RA: Are Anya and Dann okay? Nothing happened to them?

RA: Please let them be okay

You don't know what you'll do if they aren't, but it won't be pretty.

While you walk, you pull a couple articles of clothing from your sylladex, bundling up so you don't get frostbite or something. Although it's hard to care when people could be in danger. Anya isn't trying to fight those things on her own, right? Dann is just busy, that's why he isn't responding, right?

At least Bart is safe. You hope so at least.​

>Bart: curse your unsafe situation

You would love to let your frustration out for Dan not only being asleep here but being a deep sleeper and now snoring but you have more important things to do. Since there is no way you could drag him away unnoticed even if you had the strength, you're going to have to fight.

You don't even get time to try and make a plan as IMPS OGRES, and even LICHES enter your part of the temple.

RR: Damn you, Dann.

>Strife

You take out your weaker weapon and attack the nearest IMP with it. You're hoping you'll be able to deal with the weaklings first but since you also have to defend Dann you doubt that will be an an option.

Indeed one of the LICHES seems more focused on him then on you. You're sure at least some of the UNDERLINGS will use the advantage of you having to worry about two things but you have no choice.

Ignoring an OGRE dangerously close to you, you pull out a rock of your inventory and throw it at the LICH.​

Last edited:
> ==>

anya happen.gif

> ==>

Falling onto the platform below, you look up just in time to see the GICLOPS being tackled in the opposite direction.

Taking a quick gander at the culprit, your fight or flight responses kick in immediately. Specifically, what kicks in is the part where you RUN. No quirky parable or metaphor, you just book it out of there as fast as you can.

> Dann: Conduct yourself accordingly.

You have no idea what accordingly you have to do, so you stand there looking at them expectantly, as if that will solve your problem. You look around the room, as if the floor and such has become very, very interesting, trying to ignore the pure white individual get themselves together. Though, you are not quite certain where EXACTLY those words were coming from. It was so horribly foreboding you had hopes that you would see who or what was making such a ominous dialogue.

You now look at the Prospitian, certain the word is now forever lodged into your brain meat.
Dann: Sup
Dann: Now I got no clue how I got here.
Dann: Or where I am.
Dann: Or What all this symbology and foreboding sense of...
Dann: Importance.
Dann: This place has.
Dann: But I'm game for some lore charades.

You have to be, in fact, ready for Lore Charades.

Not like they have talked thus far...

Wait so that means this one wasn't the one talking if they can't talk.

Fucken spooky.​

Last edited:
> Be Ciel.

Man, it's really hard to see through this weather

EA: . keta's not here < 3<

> Be Bart.

You do some kick-ass STRIFE! on these UNDERLINGS, but there's just too many of them! You are about to be pounced on by a BASILISK when a loud BANG! is heard down the hall. The BASILISK collapses into GRIST as more BULLETS fly toward the HORDE.
> Be Anya.

You get up and do your most spirited LASS SCAMPER yet, as the SAP IMP(?) continues to attack it's ally. You decide heading DOWN is the best (and only) way to go, so you run to the stairs.

You hear a loud roar from behind you where the FALLEN GICLOPS convulses and thrashes. The other GICLOPS looks WORRIED, but doesn't go after you. You hear something downstairs... cards shuffling?
> Be Dann.

The PROSPITIAN introduces themselves as a VETERAN ACOLYTE, the soldier-turned-monk who runs this castle-turned-monastery. They tell you that they have been WAITING FOR YOU. Your mind immediately goes to the BANNERS as they continue to act out dialogue. All the monks here have taken a VOW OF SILENCE to reach ENLIGHTENMENT in preparation for the GREY ROYALS, those who bear the ASHEN ROBES OF SLUMBER... You guess he means these pajamas?

Whatever the case, they seem to be very ANXIOUS about something. Perhaps something about what that mysterious voice was saying?

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Orikanyo Orikanyo

>Dann: Nod slowly.

You try you best to seem wise and understanding the whole thing, so they CAN speak...? Thats good, but a vow of silence can certainly cause some issue when trying to communicate to the one you were waiting for... or rather the ones.

...Wait... grey royals...?

Didn't the vocie mention them...?

They were talking about him and the others..?
Dann: Alright, I suppose I am...one of the grey rulers you speak of then?
Dann: If thats the case.
Dann: You wouldn't mind explaining the whole situation then?
Dann: You seem... Uncertain of something.

> Ciel: Press Forward

You don't have much of a choice, it's either continue moving or lay down in the cold. You refuse to not take action. You'll push through no matter what. You have to.

RA: Then who is?
RA: It doesn't really matter who
RA: I just need to know if they're okay.
RA: I assume you're apart of the same group as Slevis/Keta, so please help me[

RA: I don't know what the < 3 < is about either

> ==>

You hold your hand out, trying to block some of the snow. Still, it's getting ridiculously hard to see. No matter... you can do it, you have to believe in yourself.

So, you continue on.

Last edited:
>Bart: feel relief.

That bang can only mean one thing, the sniper is here is as well. You relax quite a bit feeling more confident you might actually survive this battle.

RR:"Thanks.

> ==>

You immediately pay the price for being distracted in the form of an OGRE'S fist to your face and are sent flying a few feet. Your health vial is pushed out of it's vitality gel by a fair amount and you want to stay laying down for a few seconds.

Unfortunately one of the UNDERLINGS takes advantage of the situation by kicking you, fortunately it's just an IMP.

>Dispatch IMP

You get up, introducing the smart guy to the business end of your weapon as you do before switching to your METEOR HAMMER to quickly deal with the OGRE, not wanting to let the sniper have that one.​

Last edited:
> Anya: engage setting: cave gremlin

You stop at the sound of shuffling, glancing between the ENEMY and the UNKNOWN. You think this situation is very UNCOOL, stuck between two things you greatly dislike; the unpredictable and the murderous.

Limping towards the former, you do as the animals you are most familiar with when cornered. Teeth bared, posture slouched and aggressive, as the arctic teaches when all else seems to fail. At the back of your mind, you just really hope it won't actually have to come to this.

> Be Dann.

They shuffle their feet and glance out the window to some nearby CHECKERBOARD MOUNTAINS. They walk back through the door you came in and gesture you to follow them.

Once in the MAIN HALL, they say that SKAIA has been waiting for the FOUR HEROES to arrive, gesturing to the BANNERS. However, they never arrived, and the PROSPITIAN/DERSITE WAR kept raging. That is, until they found THIS CASTLE, and the four SLUMBERING GREY ROYALS within. They gathered a few of their fellow soldiers and chose to protect the dreamers, and some DERSITES joined in. The FOUR HEROES never came, but SKAIA'S SALVATION lies in the hands of the GREY ROYALS.
> Be Ciel.

You trudge through the cold until you stub your toe on something hard beneath the snow. Looking around, you see four large STONE PILLARS emerging from the endless white with a large STONE CIRCLE resting atop like a roof. In the center of the pillars the snow is cleared, showing an intricate LOTUS PATTERN carved into the STONE PLATFORM of this rough-hewn GAZEBO. When you stand in the circle, you are no longer FREEZING.
EA: . x'm eblx
EA: . waxt
-- eloquentAdvocate [EA] has logged off! --
-- ecclesiologistReturned [ER] has logged on! --

ER: . x'm eblx

ER: . and they're fxne
ER: . or they're about to be anyway < 3<
> Be Bart.

You hear a quick shuffle of cards -the telltale sound of someone accessing their SYLLADEX- and suddenly the GUNSHOTS go from EARTHSHAKING to simply DEAFENING, and they also become MUCH, MUCH MORE FREQUENT.

You see the mysterious figure standing at the edge of the hall, SOLID GOLD TOMMY GUN in hand shooting at the horde as they are obfuscated by shadows. Half of the UNDERLINGS begin to shuffle towards the figure... More than a single TOMMY GUN could handle.

> Be Anya.

You attempt to INTIMIDATE the mysterious figure, but your impressive MANGRIT is somehow greatly outweighed by their PULCHRITUDE, they are immune!
????: oh, hey.

The figure turns around, revealing their BLANK FACE -wait no- that's a MASK. They are standing in front of one of those weird MACHINE WINDOW THINGS, though unlike the last one that was AFFIXED to the wall, this RED ONE is just sort of FLOATING THERE.
????: ready to go?
????: i take it you don't want to be crushed by a giant monster's even gianter ass.

To punctuate their point, the beast above you ROARS again, even louder, and the ceiling begins to CRACK. The figure gestures to the window.
????: after you.

>Bart: Dispatch Ogre

You hit the OGRE repeatedly with the two stone ball attach to your chain glad to have such a big target. Before long the damage does the creature in, just in time for you to card shuffling followed by deafening gun shots.

Looking in the direction of the SNIPER you see that he has drawn the attention of more UNDERLINGS then you think he can handle. You want to help but have no idea how to get close enough to attack any of them without getting hit by stray bullets from the tommy gun . Machine-guns aren't typically known for their accuracy after all.

> ==>

After a few seconds you got the idea to circle around to the SNIPER so that you avoid both the bullets and large number of UNDERLINGS approaching him. With that many targets around you decide to stick to you your heavy semi-accurate weapon for now, though you suspect you will switch back to the lighter and weaker automatic cretin opener before long. Being careful not too get in the way of the SNIPER or his bullets you swing your METEOR HAMMER into the enemies, without bothering to really aim.

You just hope none of them will use the chance to go after Dann.​

Last edited:
> Dann: Listen aptly
Dann: So the GREY ROYALS are my 3 friends I then?
Dann: I guess we were late in coming here...
Dann: In truth, it almost feels we are behind in all aspects since we began this whole thing.
Dann: Like no matter what we do, something is two steps ahead of us.

You pause, taking a moment to look at the banner, the one that had the symbol of the door you came out of.

You figure this is the best place to start.
Dann: I came through a black door marked with this,
Dann: what can you tell me about these symbols Acolyte?

Last edited:
> Anya: Step in through the window.

Shooting an uneasy glance up, you sigh in relief. Straightening your posture, you nod at the stranger while making your way towards the panel window. If this is a trap, so be it. Better a chance than certain DOOM.

The identity of this masked stranger is a question to save for later, you know better than to waste precious time with things that can be solved after the fact. With your only context for these WINDOW MACHINES being the TRANSPORTALYZER NETWORK, you reckon you understand their purpose. As such, you step through the glass, alternatively just bumping your forehead into it like an idiot.

> Ciel: Rest

You take a few moments to yourself, resting inside so that you may warm up and not freeze to death or anything. Once you're relatively comfy, you decide to reply to this stranger.

RA: Ebli? Did I read that correctly?
RA: My apologies, I just wish to make sure I read that correctly.
RA: Your particular
RA: Typing style?
RA: It will take me a moment to adjust.

ER: . yeah.
ER: . x get that a lot. < 3<

RA: I see
RA: I must say I feel a bit lack luster in the style department.
RA: No matter
RA: What happened? What do you mean 'about to be fine'?

ER: . they're gettxng some help.
ER: . some masked person xs wxth anya.
ER: . dann xs wxth bart, and mxkx xs wxth them. < 3<

RA: Oh
RA: Is Slevis fine? And who is Miki??
RA: And a masked person with Anya???? I really need to get back there asap

ER: . keta's fxne.
ER: . though you shouldn't worry about hxm.
ER: . and mxkx xs the loud gxrl.
ER: . even shouts xn text.
ER: . no xdea about the mask kxd, but they seem to be helpxng. < 3<

RA: I see...
RA: My apologies for bombarding you with questions right off the bat, I didn't even greet you properly.
RA: My name is Ciel Sweeney, it's a pleasure to meet you, Ebli :)

ER: . yeah x know you.
ER: . you're the one keta won't stop bexng wexrd about.
ER: . though x guess that's not your fault.
ER: . sup. < 3<

RA: ...?
RA: Nevermind, probably not my business.
RA: I'm currently finding respite from the cold, what of yourself?

ER: . waxt.
ER: . you don't know. < 3<

RA: No, I can't say I do...
RA: You and your friends have been quite cryptic, at least in my opinion.
RA: I still appreciate the help, mind you, but motives and everything haven't been the most clear.

ER: . motherfucker.
ER: . x specxfxcally saxd that xf x was goxng to help he'd have to tell you.
ER: . but he dxdn't, and now x have to.
ER: . x'm goxng to kxll hxm.
ER: . fuck. < 3<

RA: Please, it's quite alright.
RA: No violence necessary
RA: Unless that was hyperbole, in whichcase, ignore that.
RA: While I would like clarification, do not force yourself to speak of something if it is distressing or anything

ER: . what.
ER: . no x don't care.
ER: . he was just supposed to do xt days ago.
ER: . from your perspectxve. < 3<

RA: I see
RA: Then please do clarify

ER: . alrxght.
ER: . fxrst off.
ER: . nothxng from your lxfe before the game was real.
ER: . xt was all fake.
ER: . technxcally speakxng, you weren't real before you started playxng. < 3<

RA: Ah, yes, that got briefly brought up I believe.
RA: I still don't understand really, but whether or not I understand won't change anything...
RA: I'm just going to keep believing it was real in some way.
RA: Second?

ER: . no xt was totally fake.
ER: . we stxll have your fake unxverse somewhere.
ER: . xt's probably xn keta's sylladex.
ER: . x guess that leads to the second thxng.
ER: . your entire unxverse was a sxmulatxon.
ER: . a dxgxtal copy of the actual one.
ER: . or rather.
ER: . a copy of a copy.
ER: . you're actually the 101st xteratxon. < 3<

RA: The memories I have of it are real, and that's enough for me.
RA: The 101st...? So have you interacted with 100 other versions of me before?

ER: . no.
ER: . only the one.
ER: . the real one.
ER: . from the orxgxnal versxon of your sessxon.
ER: . thxs xs actually the fxrst txme we've been hands on lxke thxs. < 3<

RA: So... Are you saying myself and my friends are not real at all?
RA: Or did we 'replace' our original selves?

ER: . no.
ER: . x'm pretty sure your prxmes are atxll out there.
ER: . at least scratch xs. < 3<

RA: Scratch?
ER: . yeah.
ER: . scratch. < 3<

RA: I don't know who that is
RA: Is that one of us? With a different name for some reason?

ER: . you guys have been rexterated so many txmes.
ER: . you were bound to mutate from the xnxtxal reference.
ER: . and scratch xs the one who has apparently been destroyxng the other xteratxons. < 3<

RA: I
RA: That makes sense
RA: Who did scratch mutate from

ER: . no xdea.
ER: . x've already saxd more to you than x have to the entxre prxme sessxon. < 3<

RA: Fair enough.
RA: This has been most helpful, so I appreciate it very much :)
RA: I hope we get a chance to speak to one another about more mundane things so that we may get to know each other sometime soon

ER: . don't count on xt.
ER: . x wasn't even goxng to talk to any of you.
ER: . xt's just that keta's termxnal wouldn't stop beepxng. < 3<

RA: Most unfortunate then, perhaps one of your other friends will humor me then
RA: If this is my last time speaking with you, then it was a pleasure to meet you and I wish you well

ER: . well.
ER: . x don't really want keta's plan to work.
ER: . so.

ER: . good luck. < 3<
-- ecclesiologistReturned [ER] has ceased being pestered by radiantAgate [RA] --

Good god, what the absolute fuck. Why can't anything be simple? Is that so much to ask for? Your heart feels as cold and tired as all of the snow in this land, but you still feel relieved that Dann is okay, Bart too even though you didn't realize he WASN'T safe. Anya seems to be receiving help... still, you feel guilty for basically leaving her behind.

You should really get going... but you can't. You just want to stay here and wallow in pity for a little while, and so...

> Ciel: Wallow

You let yourself stay for another solid 10 minutes before finally biting the bullet, standing and moving to leave so that you can at least return to your home or something.

> Be Bart.

As you hurl the weights at your foes, you see a BASILISK slip by and charge at the figure, bashing its enormous head into their stomach. They are only fazed for a moment, but that is long enough for them to be SURROUNDED.

Meanwhile, your friend's slumbering form is also being swarmed.

What's worse, is that you are as well.

Fuck.
> Be Dann.

The VETERAN ACOLYTE tells you that these are the symbols of the FOUR HEROES, and that the black door bears the mark of the FOURTH HERO. Referred to in the texts as THE CONDUCTOR, the PRINCE OF PROSPIT, and the HERO OF SPACE. The other three symbols were his allies, the HEROES OF HOPE, VOID, and TIME, the PRINCE and PRINCESSES of DERSE and PROSPIT.

They never showed up.

They turn their attention to the MURAL and smile.
> Be Anya.

Seems this plane has already been DEFENESTRATED at some point, so there is no broken glass that you have to crawl through.

On the other side, you find yourself standing in an INFINITE BLACK VOID.

The masked individual steps through as well, opens their SYLLADEX, and CAPTCHALOGUES the DEFENESTRATED PLANE.
> Be Ciel.

As you go to stand, you notice something moving just under the surface of the snow.

It's heading your way.

>Be Dann

The young man absorbs the knowledge currently being pantomimed to him by this strange person he met not to long ago. the hero of space... Prince of Prospit, which means the hero of space is prince of these white skinned chess people... And a conductor, apparently... Wait... Didn't the first say it rose the conductor's baton?

And now buddy is looking at the mural...

Dann: Well... The plaques are awefully cryptic as well.
Dann: But that mural there.. I suppous those people are others?
Dann: Obviously they are important...
Dann: ...The skull is abit jarring though...

truely... You somewhat wish this wasn't happening all at the same time, hell you kinda feel bad for these guys having to wait so long for..

Apparently you and your friends.

At least this acolyte was giving you straight answers, in a religious manner anyways.

Though.... You.... Kind of have this....Strange feeling...

A feeling like...

Something bad is currently happening.​

Last edited:
>Bart: notice your predicament.

Things almost couldn't have gone worse. Luckily you still have one chance, you just hope it works.

>Smokebomb!

You take out the smokebomb and throw it into the group of UNDERLINGS, hoping the confusion it causes will make things easier and you and the SNIPER.

> Use smoke to sneak to Dann.

Bad idea, if you bump into one of the UNDERLINGS, it's over for you.​

> Ciel: Oh

That's threatening. You take out your staff, backing away as you keep your eyes fixed on the moving creature. While you aren't going to run, you aren't creeping back either. You just hope this thing isn't fast and doesn't catch up to you... but you're prepared to fight just in case.

> Anya: ...

** To see this content as originally intended, view on a Flash-enabled device. (Show me anyway)

> ==>

You float, spinning around slowly in an endless abyss. The sudden, overwhelming calm seems to have sent you into a temporary state of LETHARGY.

This state is interrupted by the voice of another being, though you're not too sure of your ROTATIONAL CONVERSATION SKILLS. How do you like. Not rotate? You'll need to figure that one out later.

????: welcome to subspace.
????: make yourself at home.
ANYA: Am I staying here?
ANYA: There are things I need to do.

????: no.

????: this was just to get you out of danger.
????: though it's not like i can just let you out just yet either.

????: unless you want to go fight The Corruption again.
ANYA: Corruption. Ekh.

ANYA: Another thing to watch out for.
ANYA: Isn't it.
????: yeah.

????: it's some game-breaking bug that's been affecting sessions out in paradox space.
????: it's what turned those underlings into crazy monsters.

????: it seems to be worse in your game than others, though.
ANYA: So there are more.

ANYA: No matter.
ANYA: I have to focus on finishing this one first.
ANYA: Everything else comes later.

ANYA: Is there a way to be rid of this corruption?
????: not unless you can completely delete every trace of your incipisphere from the face of existence, no.

????: ...
????: are you okay?

????: you're gonna get sick doing that.
ANYA: ...Oh. Sorry.
ANYA: I'm new to floating without gravity.

????: it's okay, just focus on me.

????: flying is all about a frame of reference.
????: that should orient you with the idea of 'up.'
ANYA: ...

> ==>

Taking the stranger's advice, you take a moment to focus on their form.

This... would be easier without all that SPINNING, but eventually you manage to find a little balance.

ANYA: I see now.
ANYA: Thanks.
????: no problem.

????: better you learn how sooner rather than later.
????: seeing how your game has an expiration date... uh...

????: ... what is your name?
ANYA: Anya.

ANYA: I will take what I can get.
ANYA: Only a few days remain, after all.
????: well anya you can call me mask.
MASK: and yeah, only three days left to figure out how to leave?
MASK: doesn't give you a whole lot of time to practice.

ANYA: ...what?

MASK: what?
ANYA: There should be.

ANYA: Six or five.
ANYA: Leave? Our task is to kill.

ANYA: ...so I was told.
MASK: on the eighth day, yes, The Corruption was going to render your session unwinnable.

MASK: but on the fifth, the blue leagues will arrive and erase your incipisphere.
MASK: a fleet of paradox dreadnaughts that can't really be stopped.

MASK: if you wanted to survive you'd need to find a way out.
ANYA: Are they peacekeepers?
ANYA: No matter, actually. They are a threat.

MASK: it's...

MASK: complicated.
MASK: ...

MASK: but anyway, i think it's time to let you get back to your game.
ANYA: Wait. I know nothing still.

ANYA: All I have is a hatchet.
ANYA: How should I compete with starships?
MASK: you don't.
MASK: you find a way out.

ANYA: How.

ANYA: Can't anything be laid out in simple rules?
ANYA: What is even your place in all this.
ANYA: Why are you here with me?

ANYA: Clearly there are others.
MASK: the game is about growth.

MASK: if someone just tells you all the answers you don't learn anything.
MASK: you have to go find the answers yourself.
ANYA: Game. Ekh.

ANYA: Take me back.
ANYA: I have so much work to do.
MASK: alright.

MASK: well i can't drop you off where i picked you up.
MASK: you'd fall several stories by now and die.
MASK: and i can't drop you off somewhere else either.
MASK: a mortal mind would collapse trying to navigate the narrative folds.
MASK: so i'm gonna open your mind a little for you.
MASK: and you should be able to pop out wherever you want.

MASK: ready?

MASK: close enough.

Last edited:
> [T] Diverge.
> [T] Diverge.

The story begins to unravel.
> Bart.

The smokebomb does practically nothing. Stupid useless piece of shit! The UNDERLINGS swarm you; There is nothing you can do.

A faint glow begins to emanate from the center of your chest.
> Ciel.

The entity under the snow is actually VERY FAST, it's closing in on your location.

There is no escape.
> Anya.

Mask retrieves a WHIMSICAL UMBRELLA from their SYLLADEX, and places the very tip on your forehead, just below your hairline.

You feel a strange ENERGY flowing into your head.
> Dann.

The VETERAN ACOLYTE looks to the MURAL. They tell you that these are the long-awaited GREY ROYALS, the four who they believe will SAVE SKAIA. They gesture to each individually.

> ==>

On the far left is the figure with the SUN emblazoned on their chest. This is the HEIR OF LIGHT.
> Heir of Light.

The glow in your chest begins to grow until it encapsulates your entire being. The symbol of the SUN flashes for just a moment as you reach CRITICAL MASS.

A blinding light fills the TEMPLE.
> ==>

Next to the heir is the one bearing the HALF-FILLED HEART. This is the MAID OF HEART.
> Maid of Heart.

The creature emerges from the snow, leaping into the air like some form of acrobat, landing in the center of the STONE STRUCTURE.

It's just a friendly CROCODILE! Nearly gave you a HEART ATTACK... they uh... they don't look to good. They're not normally that big, right?
> ==>

Beside the maid is the dual-marked one: GREEN SWIRL on the chest, BLACK SKULL on the head. This is the WITCH OF MIND and her FAMILIAR.
> Witch of Mind.

Your MIND expands. You enter a space of FLOWING GREEN POOLS of ENERGY. It's too much to feel all at once, you just want to rest.

You just want to go HOME.
> ==>

And finally on the right is the BREATHBOUND, that one you know the symbol of already. This is the MAGE OF BREATH.
> Mage of Breath.

As you finish interpreting the MURAL, you feel the CASTLE SHAKE. It's under attack!

Before you can even attempt to reach the door or anything, a large piece of STONE falls from above and goes to CRUSH YOU FLAT, but your body disappears in quick poof moments before impact.

You wake up.
> Dann.

You are back on the TEMPLE FLOOR. There is an OUTRAGEOUS amount of grist all around you, and your EYES REALLY HURT.

Your friend BART is in the center of the pile, looking dumbfounded. Did you miss something?
> Bart.

You stop glowing. Every UNDERLING is dead, not but a pile of GRIST. What just happened?

You see that your buddy DANN is awake, and in the hall a figure lies on the floor with their hands COVERING THEIR EYES.
> Ciel.

The CROCODILE BEHEMOTH looms above you.

Something about the way it moves, like it's at the WRONG FRAME RATE or something... it just looks WRONG.

It charges.
> Anya.

The GREEN ENERGY coalesces around you, and for a brief moment you think you can see a DARKER GREEN mass standing in a distant POOL, but you disappear.

When you open your eye, you are in your TENT back on LOWAP.

> Ciel: Dodge

Fighting this thing head on doesn't seem like a good option, but it seems like it's too fast so you can't run away... what will you do?

> Ciel: Distract

It's the only thing you can think to do is toss something out from your sylladex into the other direction like a spare bag and then BOOK IT THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.

> Ciel: GO GO GO

> Anya: Groan.

You need a nap, one that you unfortunately can't afford anymore.

Lumbering over to your alchemy equipment, you fiddle with your watch and catch your friends up on the news.

-- arcticRecluse [AR] responded to memo --
AR: The devils were wrong.
AR: Three days.
AR: We have three days. To leave this "session."
AR: I'm tired, though we can't rest.

AR: It's that or death.

> ==>

Only the bare necessities, you think. Whatever just happened, it seems you'll NEED to dwell on it, searching for answers rather than brute force progress. Speaking of brute force, your weapon was admittedly HOT GARBAGE in the last fight, so you probably require a better fit for future scuffles.

Utilizing your recently acquired MASS OF GRIST, together with the materials you've gathered over the past few days, you alchemize a weapon to be reckoned with.

> IMPROVISED LASER-EDGE POLEHATCHET WEAPON.

antigone's razor.png

No, that's definitely not what you'll be calling it. This non-legendary legendary looking masterpiece of terror needs a better name, perhaps something to symbolize your only true loss on this misadventure..?

Yeah, that's it. ANTIGONE'S RAZOR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back