• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
>Be Dann

What in the fuck?

Dann: I'm awake?
Dann: And alive?
Dann: And what in the fuck is all that?

Suffice to say, you are very confused, and awake now apparently. In a gigantic pile of god damn grist.

Is that Bart?

You wave at him, getting up to your feet, dusting yourself off, before walking over to the guy.

Dann: Hey....
Dann: How you doin buddy...?
Dann: Busy killin stuff?

Last edited:
Bart: Be confused.

You have no idea how all the UNDERLINGS got defeated but you don't care you just hope the SNIPER is okay assuming they're really on your side. Dan is finally awake and you just glare at him angrily.​

RR: Next time a large group of monsters attacks you while you're fast asleep, don't expect me to save you.
RR: You owe me. Big time.

>Collect grist.

Good idea, you will get right on that. Never mind, looks like you don't have the energy to get up.

>Open memo.

You open the memo but crash before you can even read one letter.

>Wake up. This is no place to sleep, you know that.

RR: Zzzz

Last edited:
> Be Ciel.

The CROCODILE follows the path of the DISCARDED BAG for a moment as you haul ass through the snow. You have no idea where you are going, but it's got to be better than here. That is until you lose your footing and begin to roll down a HILL, collecting SNOW.

Your SNOWBALL crashes into the side of a SMOKESTACK and explodes, freeing you. The SHACK attached to this SMOKESTACK seems to be rather DERELICT.
> Be Anya.

You create a MIGHTY WEAPON.

After taking a moment to bolster your arsenal, you feel a brief sharp PAIN in your head. But just as quickly as it came it is GONE.

You wish stuff would stop messing with your BRAIN.
> Be Bart.

You cannot be Bart as he is too busy being asleep, dreaming of a soothingly infinite presence that relays information to his subconscious. Only briefly though. The INFINITE PRESENCE flashes RED for a split second, and when it returns to normal a VAGUELY-DEFINED PIXELATED BALL of red and black floats along with him. As it begins to convulse and expand, it fills up the presence, and just before it reaches Bart, mere millimeters from his hand, Bart WAKES UP.
> Be Dann.

You are currently standing in the middle of the TEMPLE FLOOR, your friend BART passed out, tossing and turning net to you. In the hall leading to this chamber you see a figure walking in the shadows, hands outstretched in front of them. They bump into the wall and land on their ass.
????: <><>F!

> Be Bart?

You are now Bart, and you have just had a NIGHTMARE. You don't think you're going to be able to sleep again for a while.

Oh hey, Dann and the Sniper.

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Orikanyo Orikanyo

> Dann: Do something

You take a moment to look at Bart, realizing that not long after you had watched him give you sass and then fall flat on his face...

He had woken up again, and looked abit worse for wear.

Suffice to say, sleeping is wierd, and generally informative.. You hoped whatever knowledge he gained he comes out of it with a better mood. Though the mounds of grist, that you are pocketing with each step, says that there was a pretty god damn big fight before.

Best you thank him​

Dann: So... uhh...
Dann: Yea, thank you for saving me
Dann: Not that I tried to go to sleep,
Dann: Long story short, if you see a green ribbon, don't touch it.
Dann: And I had one wickedly wierd ass dream that may have explained some shit...
Dann: Will.. put that in the memo... After...

You pause and look over to the other person... Who might that be? Is that Ciel or Anya? No... the voice was different.
Well.
Nothing left to do but go talk with them.

==>

You shuffle your way over and offer your hand to the person. trying you best friendly smile on for good measure.

Dann: Hey, you okay?
Dann: Don't think we've met
Dann: I'm Dann.

Last edited:
>Bart: Try to make sense of your dream.

You have no idea if that dream meant anything or if it was just caused by all the stress you went through. What you do know is that you want to go home and take the some time to relax with a good comicbook before alchemizing. As soon as you can get up that is. Oh well you should be safe for now and you have some time, about six days left.

>Remember memo.

Oh that is right there is an update to the memo, better read it now.

WHAT?!

>Contact Anya.

RR: Please tell me you at least mean we have three days left, not three days total.
RR: I was just was in a fight with more UNDERLINGS than I can count and I'm exhausted.

>Collect grist.

Anyway better start collecting all the grist you can without getting up, should save you some time.

Oh looks like most of the Grist is gone already, just great.

Oh well, as long as Dan picked it up you should get a good amount thanks to the torrent but still.

> Ciel: Ow

Rubbing the side of your head, you stare the old shack for a moment. Looking back over your shoulder, you seem to be relatively safe, but you don't want to risk it. Just to be extra safe, you decide to enter the old home and rest for a time and contact the others.

RA: Lovely
RA: I'm glad you're all safe
RA: I don't really know where I am right now
RA: But I'll figure it out
RA: Just escaped a giant weird crocodile thing

RA: It wasn't like anything I've seen yet.

Minimizing the memo, you lean your head against the wall, sliding down so that you're sitting on the floor. You just... need a minute. Then you can go back to trying to leave.

Guilt tugs at your heart, relief that Anya is okay, but it being your fault that she was in danger in the first place. You pull the memo back up for just a moment.

RA: Sorry, Anya.

> Ciel: Take a short rest

Once you do so, you'll go back out and brave the cold and danger.

> Anya: Converse through memo.

You place your newly crafted weapon into your deck, massaging your temple with a free hand. Your brain was already in trouble with all the non-physical stuff, so you'd appreciate if actual pain kindly stayed out of the equation.

Nevertheless, you hold up your watch and respond to the memo.

AR: We are not really safe until we get out. Away from this session.
AR: I don't know how.
AR: But yes. Three days from now.
AR: Rest if you must. Just enough to go on.
AR: And Ciel. I don't understand what you're apologizing for again.
AR: You keep seeing offences where there are none.
AR: The crocodile.
AR: If it was weird it was probably
The Corruption.
AR: Weird.
AR: I didn't colour that.

> ==>

What now? Clearly, the devils don't know enough to help. Why else would they fail to mention such important intel, if not for a lack of its knowledge?

All you were told is to "grow" into knowing, which makes no sense to you. Grow how? You're dwelling with no results.

> ==>

You walk over to your tent, leaving footprints in the curiously warm snow. The salty breeze mingles playfully with your hair, bringing a feeling of CONTENT CALM. Taking a seat, you close your eye and let your thoughts wander, the same way you do when composing poetry. Such turbulent, oppressive quarries are weighing down on you, is there really no way to find answers?

Slowly, you approach a state almost MEDITATIVE in nature. You haven't been so still since your first entry nap, you think. Rhythmically, your questions coalesce around the notes of a small melody, and before you know it, your BALALAIKA is implanted firmly in your hands. Music has always been so beautifully simple, with clear rules to the writing of a symphony. Maybe, just maybe, answers will be easier to find with the questions arranged in the suites of little verses.

> Anya: Play out your frustrations.

Last edited:
> Be Bart and Dann.

????: WH<>S THERE!?
????: WHERE ARE Y<>U!?
????: I CANT SEE ANYTHING!

As you listen to this person and see them flail their arms around, you can tell that whoever this shadowed individual is, they are a member of some invasive species of EXTREMELY LOUD GIRL.

The two of you collect the INSANE amount of GRIST in it's entirety.
> Be Ciel.

You take a look around the room.

Much like the other SMOKESTACK SHACKS in LODAS, this one leads DOWN INTO THE PLANET, though it's ELEVATOR SHAFT is missing it elevator. Enormous chains and gears lie scattered across the room covered in dust, and a small amount of snow blown in from the HOLES in the walls. One such chain still hangs from the ceiling and descends into the depths.

You hear a loud banging on the outside of the shack. Seems you have company.
> Be Anya.

You play.

You close your eye and the whole world seems to slip away as you lose yourself in the performance. Quiet GREEN ENERGY flows inside your mind: once chaotic, now quelled. You are calm.

So calm, you don't even notice the BAYAN accompaniment to your piece that has joined in.

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Orikanyo Orikanyo

> At the very beginning...

The symphony is roaring, a cacophony of noise and rhythm. A great fire rages, consuming even the granite in its path. Its burning tongues lash out at the Sun, mocking its docility with vicious jabs and sneering. This inferno, however, lasts only very fleetingly.

Soon, all of its fuel turns to ash, the climax of sheer gluttony. Once proud, it crackles its own eulogy, a pale recounting of all that it devoured.

> High above the smouldering valley...

A tiny flock of birds is all that remains. A condor, a dove, a parrot and a magpie fly far, far away from the devastation. As they overlook their desolate former homes, the instruments solemnly wander, reaching a hidden purpose.

The winds lift up, revealing a new world above the clouds. The reveal is almost overwhelming, but all settles into place. Other, different animals whisper to the flock, guiding it in different directions.

> Tragically, a new end encroaches.

But the flock will be ready, following their hearts and sailing with the winds. They will reach their light in time, even if through bittersweet sacrifice.

Then, their minds may finally...

> Rest.

The final note is played, melancholy but triumphant. You smile, exhaling deeply and rising to your feet... Wait, was that an accordion?

>Dann: Comfort

Dann: Whoa whoa calm down
Dann: I'm right here, infront of you.
Dann: Here.

You put a hand on the girl's shoulder(?) trying to get her to at least somewhat work with you.
Dann: Hey Bart you know this girl?

Last edited:
> Ciel: Peak outside

Yeah, it's probably the scary crocodile thing, but you never know until you check. If it is, you'll go down the chain. You're probably trapped, but maybe you'll be able to find some way to safety down there. It'd be better waiting around in the shack for the crocodile to get in and kill you.

RA: I put you in danger through my own reckless desire to impress you and be strong
RA: That is not okay and deserves an apology.

> Ciel: Peak

Yeah. That's a big, scary croc outside. Time to descend

> Ciel: Descend

>Bart: Avoid breakdown.

Okay, you have three days left. Not as good as what you hoped but better than being limited to three days total. You can deal with that. Still you better calm down a bit, so you start taking deep breaths. Your attempt to relax is quickly ruined by what sound like an unknown girl screaming.

Thinking someone is in danger you manage to force yourself up and look around.

It doesn't take long too realize the screaming girl is your mysterious SNIPER and you can't help but wonder why you missed that important detail about her.

RR: all I know is that she was probably the sniper that saved me and Anya earlier and that if she wasn't here the UNDERLINGS that dropped all this grist would have killed both of us.

>Collect rest of Grist.

While Dann comforts her you start collecting the remaining grist, you still move somewhat slow though.​

> Be Anya.

Even though the music has stopped, the feeling it instilled in you persists ever so faintly in the back of your mind. Something inside you has UNLOCKED: something ABSTRACT.

You are filled with a sense of DETERMINATION that you have only felt when your life was at risk, though this time it is stripped of any negative connotations like IMMEDIATE DEATH.
> Be Bart and Dann.

The shouting girl swings her hand around to latch onto Dann's ARM, giving herself an anchor. What is peculiar is that her arm is black like SOOT AND ASH, and her hands end in pointed CLAW-LIKE FINGERS. She pulls herself up and out of the shadows. She is straining her BLOOD RED EYES that have only just begun to regain vision, and you can tell she is clearly some kind of ALIEN.

She speaks again.
????: WATCH WHERE Y<>URE BLINDING DUDE!
????: FRIENDLY FIRE!
????: C<>ULD HAVE AT LEAST WARNED ME!

And wow, she is even louder up close.
> Be Ciel.

You climb down the chain.

It doesn't take long for your arms to start hurting, as the elevator shaft goes down for a very long time. When you eventually find the bottom, you are dropped onto a large grated CATWALK dangling high above a flowing stream of MAGMA. The CATWALK continues UPSTREAM through the SMOOTH WALLS of the TUNNEL.

Above you, you hear the sound of something BREAKING.

>Bart: Apologize.

While you do think the screaming is a bit much the girl has a point and you should apologize, no doubt that Dann and you would be dead now without her the same might even go for Anya.
Given that she is an alien you have a lot of questions but this isn't the best time so you decide to keep it short and simple for now.

RR: I'm sorry.
RR: You have to understand though I have no idea how I did it or before I started glowing that I could do something like that.
RR: It caught me off guard as well. Kinda odd that I wasn't blinded, now that I think about it.
RR: Also I hope me asking this isn't rude but you're one of those devils, right?

> Dann: Converse
Dann: Blinding? What?
Dann: Bart you learn how to do a supermove or somethin'?
Dann: Guess thats how you... Wait Light?

Dann: Gotta talk on memo about a dream hol up.

Alright, taking a good look at this gal she is... Well.. if there was anyone you would label as a devil that you've thus far been talking to, it's her. And who woulda thought that they would... Kinda look mostly humanoid. Or perhaps you look Devilish? Chicken or the egg.

Either way, she was cute if abit... well.. really loud.

Man why was your phone vibrating like a bastard?

You quickly take a look and... Damn you missed alot... Three days!? Ciel being apologetic!? CORRUPTION!??

AA: Well fuck me.
AA: Ain't that the most informant nap I've ever had.
AA: Learned some foreboding shit about prophecy and shit from a weird religious chess people
AA: So, long story short... We got NPCs who were waiting for us, or rather waiting for the grey royals, guess we're grey royals?
AA: Or maybe the cutie here is.
AA: Found a devil here, she is very loud.
AA: Oh shit, important shit, uhh, Heir of light, mage of breath, Witch of mind and it's skull familiar and Maid of heart.
AA: These sound like game classes and stuff, brain was acting up with breath and I knew that before I was told it by the guy.
AA: Kinda woke up when the building I was in with buddy fell apart.
AA: So who the fruck knows about that shit.

AA: Sorry not to helpful, very cryptic, got devil girl claws in my arm

Okay back to reality, you are happy to have some skill in typing one handed- Okay that line is one you will be keeping to yourself...
Dann: We'll we're safe now at least.
Dann: You getting sight back?
Dann: Names Dann by the way.

Last edited:
> Ciel: Continue forward

There's no point in looking back, it's likely that croc chasing you so you really don't have time to waste. Thus, you (carefully) move upstream, looking for a different way back to the surface.

It seems like Dann and Bart are with Miki, just like Ebli told you... so that's good that they aren't alone. Dann says she's cute...? You can't help but wonder... wait a second... ohhh that might put things into perspective... but you have no time to have any big realizations about your sexuality. You really need to get moving.

The time limit being only three days, it feels borderline impossible. You have your dream selves as backups in case anything bad happens, so you feel a bit safer taking risks to ensure everyone's safety. Slevis previously mentioned becoming a god and how it wouldn't 'hurt your chances', but that it was late game stuff. Now that you've only got three days to get the hell out of this place, it seems like you might be needing that late game mechanic. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

-- radiantAgate [RA] has begun pestering eloquentAdvocate [EA] --
RA: Slevis

RA: Or Ebli
RA: Whoever is here right now
RA: You mentioned the late game mechanic of becoming a god at one point
RA: We're a bit pressed for time now
RA: We have only three days it seems
RA: How would one go about becoming a god or whatever?
RA: Or if you have any other suggestions, that would be splendid.

RA: Even if it is dangerous, we have our dreamselves to fall back on, yes?

> Witch: Let's get down to business.

anya digiorno.png

As it turns out, you have but one LEAD as of now. Whoever "Mask" was, they carried with them that very special WINDOW. A WINDOW, one might say, eerily similar to the one you briefly saw in the TRANSPORTALYZER NETWORK. If anything can help you LEAVE, it's gotta be a device like that. That void, whatever it was, you believe you were told one key thing about it.

It is TRAVERSIBLE.

> ==>

Leaving the confines of your tent, you begin an ASCENT all the way BACK. First, you need to get through your own land again, then Bart's and Ciel's. It will be much easier now that the path forward is known and clear, so the time should hopefully add up. Before jumping deeper into LOWAP, you read up on the memo again, then go.

AR: Ciel. I am not angry about that.
AR: Anger is fickle. Solves nothing.
AR: I think you are strong. Everyone is.
AR: I am not a judge. Or a jury.
AR: Just be more careful. For your own sake.
AR: Not mine.
AR: Speaking of solving.
AR: I am headed back to the platform network.

AR: There is something I need to retrieve.

> Be Bart and Dann.

????: <>F C<>URSE I AM!
????: NEVER SEEN A DEVIL BEF<>RE!?
????: AND THE NAMES <>AT<>NE!
MIKI: <>AT<>NE MIKI!
MIKI: MY EYES FEEL LIKE THEYRE G<>ING T<> EXPL<>DE!

MIKI: BUT YEAH I THINK S<>!

She rubs her eyes again and squints at the two of you, clearly not at 100% vision yet.
> Be Ciel.

You continue walking along the rails, hoping you aren't being followed by a vicious crocodile monster.
EA: Woah woah woah.
EA: There are several things you just said that neeed to be adddresssed.
EA: First offf, you met Ebli? When?
EA: ... Why?
EA: Secondly, you're mistaken.
EA: You have 5 days left, 202 hours, remember?

EA: Though it's closer to around 157 now.
> Be Anya.

Using what you know about how the GATES work, your quickest path is to head make it all the way to Bart's house and then DESCEND through his first gate, as opposed to keep going up to his third, as the valley you fought the BASILISK QUEEN in was beyond Ciel's THIRD GATE.

You ASCEND.

You arrive back on the ISLAND CHAIN where you first met up with Ciel and Dann.

> Ciel: Step

Step after step, you continue on. Good lord, how long does this go on for? At least you have someone to talk to during all of this.

RA: They answered for you and spoke to me for a bit
RA: And another source told us otherwise. I don't want to risk everyone dying
EA: Oh, of course she did.

EA: Always going behind my back.
EA: And what other 'source' do you have?

EA: I highly doubt anyone but us even knows you're playing.
RA: Someone Anya met I believe
RA: I can't say for sure
RA: But I trust her judgment
RA: Besides, wouldn't finishing this as quick as possible be good?

EA: This isn't a game you can rush.

EA: Welll, not more than we already are.
EA: If you beat the game prematurely, then the end product won't be finished.
RA: It's sounding like we don't have much of an option as we will be rushing it regardless
RA: I don't want to take any chances and put everyone in danger.
RA: So please, answer my questions

EA: Loook, it's not that easy.

EA: Ascension can only be done when you're at the top of your echeladdders.
EA: And it's imposssible to get that high that fast.
EA: And I don't know if you even have dreamselves.

EA: They're not on Derse or Prospit.
RA: ... I see
RA: Once you reach the top, how do you ascend?
RA: If we truly do not have dreamselves for whatever reason, then that's all the more reason to consider each and every single option we have

EA: You die.
RA: Are you fucking with me
EA: No.

EA: I don't joke around with death.
EA: It's unprofesssional.
RA: That sounds quite counter-productive
EA: You're tellling me.

EA: Death is an asssumed part of the game.
EA: Sometimes it's more permanent than others.
RA: I see
RA: Well
RA: I will consider what you have told me, but I still do not want to completely discredit the option
RA: It might seem impossible, but there must be some way to climb the echeladders very quickly.
RA: I do trust you, don't misunderstand, but there is room for error everywhere
RA: And I don't want to stand still when I could be looking for some sort of information to add to our chances of survival and success

EA: ...
EA: What did Ebli telll you.

RA: We had a decent length conversation
RA: You'll have to be more specific than that

EA: Don't play dumb.
EA: What did she telll you, Sweeney.

RA: She informed me of the simulation deal
EA: Did she mention the primes?
RA: Briefly, yes.
RA: Scratch included

EA: What did she say?
RA: That 'Scratch' is another iteration of me or one of my friends
RA: And that they've destroyed other iterations
RA: You seem quite bothered that she mentioned this to me
RA: Are you alright?

EA: Did she mention anything about Mullgan?
RA: Mullgan?
EA: Mullgan.
RA: I have no idea who that is
EA: You are.
EA: Mullgan is your prime.

RA: If you know my prime, then who are the others?

EA: Resset, Doover, and Scratch.

EA: Carter, Fields, and Duxxert, respectively.
EA: But there is something I should come clean about.
RA: An alternative version of Dann is the one running around killing other versions of us?
RA: Christ
RA: What did you need to tell me, though?

EA: I used to be in a pact with Mullgan.

EA: And you're her, so it's weird.
EA: I'd rather you heard it from me than Ebli.

EA: She'd make me sound alll creeepy, making a pact with a human.
RA: A pact?
RA: I am going to completely disregard everything I think of when it comes to that word
RA: Can you please clarify what a pack is? I imagine it is quite different to what I am thinking of.

EA: A pact is a relationship of any form, mandatorily sanctioned by the High Papacy, of course.

EA: Best friends, life partners, rivals, even short lived flings.
EA: All signed with a contract.

EA: The basis of devil-to-devil interaction.
RA: Oh
RA: Um
RA: You mentioned it being weird
RA: Would you prefer it if I contacted somebody else with my ramblings and questions?
RA: I do not wish to make you feel uncomfortable

EA: No!

EA: It's not like we're stilll pactmates or anything.
EA: It's just that the High Papacy, despite being the glorious foundation of Devil society, forbade making pacts with aliens.
EA: I just didn't want Ebli talking any more trash than she does already.

EA: Come clean before she could corrrupt you head with indecent asssumptions about me.
RA: Alright
RA: Your comfort is important to me, so I didn't want to jeopardize it or anything.
RA: But
RA: You two really don't seem to get along

EA: It's beeen...

EA: Complicated since we lost Senole.
EA: Ventid has beeen taking it out on me, I'm afraid.
RA: I'm sorry for your loss
RA: They sound like they meant a lot to you both
RA: For what it is worth
RA: I'll keep you both in my thoughts
RA: I'm here if you need someone to speak to about it
RA: All I'm doing is walking through some underground tunnels and who knows how long this will go on for

EA: What would be the point?
EA: You didn't know him.

RA: It might ease the pain
RA: Losing loved ones... it isn't easy
RA: I understand what you're going through to an extent
RA: Talking with Dann and Bart about it has helped some
RA: I will not force you, though.

EA: No, you don't understand.

EA: Your guardians weren't real.
EA: Your guardians didn't telll you every day that they were going to die.

EA: Scratch didn't get your guardians killled.
RA: Perhaps I don't understand the exact situation, the exact feelings
RA: But
RA: My brother was very real to me
RA: My memories
RA: The fact that I am alive thanks to him
RA: All of it
RA: That is enough to make him real, enough of to make my own feelings real
RA: I was simply trying to show sympathy
RA: So do not belittle me
RA: I am grieving too

-- radiantAgate[RA] has ceased pestering eloquentAdvocate [EA] --

-- radiantAgate [RA] has gone offline --

Well, so much for pleasant company.

> Ciel: Move Forward

You continue moving on until you find an exit, desperately trying to blink your tears away. They keep coming.

> Dann: Shades this girl

It seems like there is no true choice in the matter... You must sacrifice for this new friend's benefit. With a swift light grasp of your shades you pull them off your face, revealing the pink tinted shades underneath that Ciel had given you abit after you met again. Such a sweetheart that one.

You offer your most beloved possession over to the devil, knowing full well the pain of being blinded by bright light.

Its better than nothing, you only hope you get them back sometime.
Dann: Here, I've been blinded like that before
Dann: Take these shades, they wont solve the problem but surrounding lights will be easier on you.
Dann: So... You've been helping out the gang?
Dann: Not sure how I got knocked out due to that green ribbon

Dann: But hopefully... Oh shit, hey Bart did you figure out how to open that temple door?

> Anya: Actually bring back-up this time.

Standing just outside of where the gate has dropped you off, you decide it would be pretty helpful to have a second pair of hands on deck in this dire situation. Doing as you're used to by now, you just sorta... connect? Yeah, connect with moose Adam Sandler.

ANYA: Adam. Almost forgot.
ANYA: You're coming with me.
ANYA: I'm outside the first gate.
SANDLERSPRITE: I can't go through the gates.

SANDLERSPRITE: But hold on.

> ==>

Raising an eyebrow, you watch as a PENDANT bearing the engraving of a SPIROGRAPH lands at your feet.

You pick the thing up, giving it a good and proper ONE-EYED CAVEMAN STARE as you try to figure out its function. It would really help if Sandlerspire also explained what it was for, but you guess it's some form of way to get HERE?

> ==>

To the very notion of that thought, the pendant seems to react. As if by summons, Sandlersprite flies right out of it, now floating lazily in front of you.
ANYA: Useful.

> ==>

sandler floaty.gif

ANYA: Before we go. Question.
ANYA: Since when do you play the accordion?
SANDLERSPRITE: I don't.
SANDLERSPRITE: I only know guitar.

ANYA: ...

ANYA: Ekh.

> ==>

You then proceed to set out on an exciting and absolutely plot-relevant journey together.

Last edited:
>Bart: Answer Dann.

It sounds like Dann's dream offered him a good deal of info, way more than you out of yours.
RR : Yeah,I started glowing somehow and I have no idea how or why but it seemed to destroy all the remaining Underlings.

>Read Memo. Again

Something about you glowing was important enough that Dann updated the memo almost the second it was mentioned, but apparently not so important that he felt the need to tell you anything. Having no other choice to learn this new info you open the memo and read it.

As you're reading the memo the Devil girl start shouting again, telling you her name and apparently surprised that you haven't any Devils before.

RR: No I've never seen a devil before or even talked to one online. You seemed more interested into contacting the girls for some reason.
RR: In fact until less than three days ago I had no reason to assume Devils even existed.
RR : Yeah,I started glowing somehow and I have no idea how or why but it seemed to destroy all the remaining Underlings.

> ==>

You sigh at Dann's question, does it look like the door is open?
RR: No I didn't.
RR: Didn't even get the time to inspect the door while you were napping, because I was busy with other things.
RR: I'm guessing you want to check it out?
RR: Fine but next return node we run into, I'm taking it. I have stuf I want to alchemize.
RR: Unless of course we find some clue about the location of Sis and the others.

> Be Ciel.

You enter an enormous CAVE. MAGMA pours from hole in the walls to a giant pool that forms the base of the stream you've been following, and a large METAL GRATE stretches from wall to wall, granting you the ability to WALK AROUND above the liquid fire. A large STONE PILLAR juts out of the magma and continues into the roof of the cave. Intricate PLANT-LIKE carvings mark the pillar all the way up.

A series of CHAINS and GEARS connected to a LEVER are attached to a nearby wall.

An OMINOUS CLANGING NOISE comes from the way you came.
> Be Bart and Dann.

MIKI: THANKS!
MIKI: AND WHATS THE PR<>BLEM FIELDS!?
MIKI: JEAL<>US THAT N<> ALIEN BABE IS TALKING T<> Y<>U!?

MIKI: THERES <>NE RIGHT IN FR<>NT <>F Y<>U N<>W!

Miki seems less interested in answering any important questions and more inclined to busting your chops.
> Be Anya.

The two of you continue to follow the path you took all those HOURS AGO, towards your SECOND GATE.

You pass through the TURTLE VILLAGE again. They still seem to be PARTYING.

> Ciel: Lonely nights down by the magma stream

You examine the pillar, the intricate carvings evoking certain memories. Those of you and your brother in the woods when you were young, his stories of the fae, of magic and wonder.

Every time the two of you went out, you'd bring gifts for the fae, it was a tradition of sorts. You remember staying up late making a bracelet for them, causing him to worry about you and insist you nap after you got home. You remember baking together. You remember the petty sibling arguments. You remember baking. You remember him becoming more busy, more distant. You remember him.

> Ciel: Cannot keep the night from coming in

It seems the beast has caught up to you, rather quickly too. You feel you only have one option, really. Through your tears and mourning, you pull the lever.

> Ciel: Help me, Cosmia

You're grieving.

>Bart: Ignore Devil.

You don't bother replying to Miki, certain that she won't tell yell you anything important. Instead in a way that clearly shows you're ignoring her you walk over to the door.

You briefly consider "accidentally" touching the ribbon Dann mentioned. You could still use a nap and maybe your dreams will actually give some information. You change your mind when you remember your last dream.

>Try pushing the door open.

You try pushing to the large no doubt extremely heavy doors open. Unsurprisingly nothing happened before anyone can say anything you explain yourself.

RR: No, I didn't expect that to work.
RR: Still felt like I had to try. Imagine how stupid we would have felt if we spent hours messing around with it, only to find out it would have been that easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back