• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
> Anya: Behold creation.

You gaze peerlessly at the item you've alchemized.

The buttons, the blinking, the pointless and flashy features, mocking you. The industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. You feel the immense need to...

anya caveman mode.gif

This is very out of character.

> Anya: Assess situation.

Forgetting that the previous panel ever happened, you examine the PINK WHATEVER in your hand.

Are you supposed to do something with this?

meteors.png

Uh oh.

That one is definitely headed straight at you.

> Anya: Examine folder.

Hopefully, whatever DOC's packed for you can help to avoid meteoric annihilation. You open up the folder and...

Dozens of pictures of ADAM SANDLER fly out! They are picked up by the searing winds and carried off to form a SANDLER TORNADO! You guess you could call them airheads? Just go with it.

> ==>

Well, that was no help at all. In the shock and confusion, you scramble backwards, knocking over the SERVER PACK.

It shatters immediately. You really, really hope that was supposed to happen.

Last edited:
> [S] STRIFE!

Easier said than done, with the "imp" sitting on your fridge you can't easily hit with your chain. Looks like you're gonna improvise.

> Throw Kitchen knife

Bad idea, it's not weighted for throwing so at most you'd hit the creature with the handle and at worst miss it entirely while giving it a weapon. Throwing something else though might work.

> What about the radio?

That could work.
AE5020B_12-IMS-nl_NL

You pick up the radio and throw it towards the so called imp. Only for it to move causing the radio to hit the wall and judging by the damage break. The remains of the radio fall downward and land right on top of the Batman ghost​

youyouyouyouyouyou
> Ciel: Be you.

You cannot be you as you are too busy disgusted to be anyone but you, not even you.

You slay the MOLD IMP handily. Not very difficult, it seems. They drop some BUILD GRIST, along with a couple pieces of MOLD GRIST, the kind you need to get the PUNCH DESIGNIX.
> Ciel: Be Dann.

You stop being you and instead be Dann, who is now you, instead of you.

However, you cannot be Dann, as Dann (who is you) is too busy being FACE DOWN on the FLOOR to be you.

Nearby a metamorphosis occurs, and a STONE MOLE becomes a real boy, or at least a fully functional TIER 2 SPRITE.
> Ciel: Be Anya instead.

You cannot be Anya either! Turns out you (Anya) are too busy to be you (you) because you (Anya/you) are currently being whisked away into a bright light.

When you open your eyes, your surroundings are different. Your entire TENT/CAMP/THING AREA has been placed on an ISLAND surrounded by crystal clear water. It is unreasonably warm here, though the snow doesn't melt here.

Also there is some kind of MOOSE-LIKE SKELETAL SPIRIT floating nearby.
> Ciel: Fine, be Bart!

You are now Bart.

Or you would be if you weren't ALREADY BEING YOU, so you instead elect to be you.

You have just missed the TIN IMP with a portable RADIO. The IMP jumps from the fridge, flapping some form of cape attempting (and failing) to fly. Nearby, BATMAN'S GHOST has become some kind of HALF-RADIO GHOST CYBORG. Which is pretty cool you guess.

The IMP still remains.
> You: Be... you?

You are now YOU, by which you mean ???.

You are finally awake again. You really should be getting more sleep, but there is no time to waste. It's almost showtime, so you have to go get ready.

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow Orikanyo Orikanyo AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986

> Ciel: Be you

You're now Ciel Sweeney again, after that mess previously, you're glad to be you! You don't know why, but it's nice to just be you.

You're extremely glad that the disgusting mold creature is dead, although not so happy about the mold grist. Ah well... if picking it up like the other grist will be beneficial both for the game and also getting mold off of your floor, then so be it.

> Ciel: Seek out imps

No doubt you'll need more of this disgusting grist... plus, the idea of more mold imps inside of your home is revolting. Fairysprite at your side, you make your way through the home, killing any mold imps you come across on your journey. Smack. Smack! Begone mold!

> Anya: Enter.

Nope. Too late. You don't get to do the formula Enter thing, because you've already ENTERED. Entered what, you ask? No idea, but you might have one if you take the time to readjust to your new surroundings.

You stand in the middle of an island, the roaring inferno gone from sight. The devices, as well as your encampment, are here with you, which is reassuring to some degree. This isn't the afterlife, you're hungy and sleepy.

> ==>

Hovering close-by is Antigone, realized in all her haunting beauty. A ghost is flying right next to you.

You're at peace with that fact, solely because it's there. Denying it won't make it go away, and it is not threatening you. When you said that spirits can be real, you meant it in more of a metaphorical sense, but a literal truth won't hurt your worldview either.

> ==>

You take a deep breath. Inhale, exhale. It's hot in here.

You still have pressures to deal with, threats to overcome... but what you really want to do is chill for a moment.

> Anya: Remember.

Your friends! You've been neglecting their messages for the sake of assured survival, but the blizzard is over now.

You think hard, but eventually end up leaving three very simple messages. Danger could still be lurking, plus you don't actually know what to say anyway.

> To Bart.
AR: Thanks.

> To Ciel.
AR: I'm okay.

> To Dann.
AR: Sorry.

> Bart, deal with the imp already.

You're trying, okay? For the first battle of the game this is going pretty badly but at least the thing hasn't hurt you so far and you should be to hit it now. You do wonder what is up with the change in Batman-ghost but you have more immediate concerns.

> Aggrieve.

No need to to tell you twice. You're are no expert with the chain but you easily manage to hit the Tin Imp with your chosen weapon this time and even managed to hit it repeatedly.

Last edited:
> Dann: Rise

Rubbing the back of your head with one hand you rise up from your prone position with the other, not fully certain what happened you look up to the hole in the floor above you, eyeing your cabinet of rocks you put two and two together. It appears in Anya's work she dislodged one of your prized pieces.. Not fully certain which one you look around the floor for it, before looking up at the mole...

"...Guess you took it huh?" it figures, since it kinda looks different.

You are, still, unsure what to do now, since whatever rock hit you bounced off into the thing you figure it was lost forever.

Checking your head for blood again, nothing aside from a goose egg you notice your hat had been knocked off!

You quickly put it back on, before anybody sees whats underneath it.

It is a secret that should go to the grave.

> Check outside

You figure you may as well check whats goin on out there, see if the world changed at all.

You grab the door handle and realize that Anya had

A) Blocked the door.

B) blown a hole through the upper part.

So you digress and crawl outside.​

> Be Ciel.

After your initial encounter, you don't seem to find any more IMPS, MOLD or otherwise.

The house is quiet, eerily so.

> Be Anya.

A sound comes from nearby.

Emerging from the shallow sea, is a INTOLERABLE RAPSCALLION, also known as a CORAL IMP.

STRIFE!

> Be Bart.

The TIN IMP leaps at you, but trips on it's own cape and faceplants onto the kitchen floor.

> Be Dann.

You crawl outside.

You are no longer UNDERGROUND, but it still isn't very BRIGHT outside. The entirety of your home has been transported into an ENORMOUS TREE, suspended by it's branches. The MEGASEQUOIA is several times larger than it's earth-born relative, and there isn't any way you could climb down, especially since it is RAINING.

In the branches above, a ring of DEEP BLUE LIGHT has formed, it draws you in, but there is no way you could reach it. A sound emanates from inside your BEDROOM.

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Orikanyo Orikanyo

>Still be Dann

> Gaze in amazement

You stare in wonderment at the world around you, the sheer magnitude of this tree, a thing you have had little interaction with in your lifetime due to the whole "Living underground" thing and, well, sunlight kinda being bad for you without protection. Tress were generally more annoying to you as their roots caused jams in your drill.

But gazing up towards this magnificent wonder, this sheer marvel of nature and creation.

You could only say one thing.

boi.png

>Evolve from mole boy to Squirrel boy

You guess you just did, you begin to wonder how it is possible to be here, and if you are just really small or this tree is really big.

Tiny Dann may be a shitty rapper name but having it be your existence is less cool.

Or maybe Squirrelly Dann might be a better way about it?

Who gives a shit, your in the mile high club if you like it or not.

> Investigate disturbance in the shit.

Namely yours.

There is a disturbance within it.

Because somebody is messing with it.

This is a capital offense.

> Go exact punishment for crimes

Stealing a shtick from another character you rush back inside and up to your bedroom,

throwing open the door to confront whomever be fucking with your shit.

> Ciel: Go back

Moving back to your room, you pull up your laptop and see the notifications waiting for your attention. Wincing a bit, you remember your previous panic. Yikes. You should probably let them know you're not panicking now.

RA: Yes I'm 'gucci' now.
RA: Sorry about that
RA: Got a little
RA: Carried away
RA: Thank you for the fairy
RA: I'll be queen of the fairies or something
RA: More like the cleaning fairy... there was a damn mold imp in my house. Ew.
RA: Stay alert, I had to fight my way out of that.

RA: I'm glad to hear it.
RA: Stay safe...
RA: I'll be around if you need me for anything.

> Ciel: Check on Bart

You see Bart trying to fight an Imp... and it seems to be going in his favor. Good for him. Looking up, you're going to need a bit more GRIST to build more, and another type of grist for the PUNCH DESIGNIX... you'll place it as soon as you get the resources. You should keep talking to Dann about your own progress.

RA: Dann
RA: I believe there should be a portal-y symbol of sorts if you look up, both around my home and yours.
RA: I would like to mess with it
RA: You know, for science.
RA: If you could build up to it as well as toss down a punch designix that would be lovely
RA: I'll bring my laptop with me and look around more.

> Ciel: Explore

You decide to explore around, capture-logging your laptop before moving on your way. You decide to look everywhere inside the house first, looking for BRO to no avail. You'll check outside... everything else mostly gone... well that's unfortunate. Looking up, you see the same, rosy colored portal... hm... maybe if you...prototyped your 'fairy' with something else...? But, whatever would you prototype with it? You saw that Bart's fairy-thing basically ate up something else, so why not try it with yours?

> Ciel: Prototype

What if you just gave it a piece of the strawberry short cake? There was the one you gave to the Fae... there's probably a little left that wasn't given, so you'll just toss that in! Here goes nothing!

> Anya: Be baffled.

Now that you've sent your messages, you think back on everything that happened briefly. Hold up, you sent messages? Your connection wasn't supposed to return until you slithered back near the compound, but you guess it's pretty neat that it did? You're distinctly assured that DOC must've equipped this laptop with some sort of tech you don't fully understand, and that it definitely wasn't forgetting on the part of some third party.

Wait...

> [S] Anya: Who is that?

Last edited:
> Assault.

Yeah, that is the obvious option right now. Before the IMP can get back up you go to town on him. You repeatedly hit the defenseless creature with your chain, not letting up until it's defeated. If you knew Ciel was watching you might ease up a little since you don't want to upset her with unnecessary violence but you kinda have a lot of stress to work out.

Not only SIS is missing but you're in some unknown location and apparently both your life and the lives of your two best friends and Dann were in some kind of danger without you ever knowing.

> Be Dann.

Inside your room, you find a RAUNCHY NE'ER-DO-WELL standing atop your bed... Sometimes referred to as a SAP IMP.

> Be Ciel.

You gaze in awe at the new confectionfairy entity before you.

FAIRYSPRITE has become a TIER 2 SPRITE.

> Be Anya.

The CORAL IMP is dealt unstoppable BONKING DAMAGE. They will never recover...

... especially since exploding into MOLD and BUILD GRIST is hard to come back from.

> Be Bart.

You destroy the TIN IMP. It leaves behind GRIST of the BUILD and MOLD varieties.

You, uh... You might have went a little overboard there.

Orikanyo Orikanyo SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986

> Ciel: Converse...?

It seems more person-like now... maybe you can have a good ol' chat with fairy-cakesprite?

CIEL: Um... hello...?
CIEL: My name is Ciel Sweeney.
CIEL: It's a pleasure to meet you, although I wish it were under better circumstances.
CIEL: You came with the cruxtruder, correct?
CIEL: Do you know anything about where I am, what happened, what I should do...? Honestly an answer to any of those three questions would be very helpful... although I understand if not.

You really hope this fairy can talk, otherwise you just look like a dingus.

> Be Dann

You look at the imp.

And he looks at you.

And you look at him.

And he looks at you.

And you look at him.

And he looks at you.

And you Initiate strife.

>Equip drill
ba82126d5b6334b4c04fb56fc20824b9.jpg

Used a great deal the drill bit shows great signs of wear and tear but definitely carries great menace when carried as a weapon, even if more effective used as a actual drill rather than a weapon.

Heavy, rather slow, and definitely not a usual weapon.

Retrieving from your strife deck your weapon you attach the anchor point to your hand and grasp the outer handle tightly in the other.

Staring down the imp with intent, you rev the "Threateningly Massive Drill Bit" one, twice, then three times.

The imp seems... worryingly unsure that breaking into the house of a kid with a massive drill was a good idea.

>STRIFE!!!

>Assault​

> Anya: Collect grist.

You collect the fallen grist warily. You touch it, whatever touching means in regards to game abstractions, and it disappears. You assume this is the stuff you saw in the build menus, which you simply refrained from commenting on on account of the whole planet being in immediate peril.

You guess the Earth is just kinda gone now? That's a downer.

> ==>

Noting more important things, the SANDLERNADO from earlier has settled. Slowly, pictures of the actor glide along with the breeze, serving as your shower of roses for the brave defeat of your unscrupulous foe.

Dearest Antigone gets caught up in the mess as well, causing a brief flash of light to overwhelm your remaining eyeball. On guard, you scuttle closer, wholly ready to face any kind of DIALOGUE the sprite may have in store, in case an UNDEFINED DEITY CHARACTER desires to skip an empty introductory step inevitably leading up to it anyway.

> Collect spoils.

You pick up the things the IMP dropped and take a few seconds to calm down and catch your breath. You don't want to go all out of control like that again but at least you didn't flip out fighting a sentient creature, right? Right?

> Go check on Anya.

Good idea. You head back to your bedroom

On your screen Anya is outside and in the middle of a bunch of floating pictures or something. Judging by the grist she also was in a fight.

> Check if you can deploy more items.

Before you can do that there is bright flash and the floating moose ghost turns into some kinda ghostly moose Sandler hybrid. You realize how lucky you are with the ghost you got even if you don't know what purpose it serves.

Since Anya seems to be talking to the creature you decide not to pester her and just drop the devices for now, you're gonna online for a while and can always bother her later.

You open the Phernalia Registry again and deploy the punch designix, since it's both the cheapest device and the only one that doesn't cost build grist.

You place it a few feet away from the Alchemiter and check out the other devices. Given the relative low cost of build grist they take you can't help but wonder why Ciel didn't drop them for you and decide to ask her.

> Drop other devices.

You start with the Jumper Block Extension and quickly learn you have to attach it the Alchemiter. After that you move on to the Punch Card Shunt and just drop it next to your client player. You do the same with the Grist Torrent CD.

>Check Pesterchum

Seems like Dann has been pestering you.

RR:I had no idea.
RR: Anya seems to be fine, she is in the game at least.
RR: Unfortunately for her her ghostly companion is part Sandler though.

That done you move on to Ciel and Anya

RR: Hey check the list of devices again there should be a coupe of device you missed in there.

#RR: You're welcome. Could you let me know what that CD does btw?

Last edited:
> Be Ciel.

FAIRYSPRITE: Heya.

Wow that is way gruffer than you expected.

FAIRYSPRITE: Listen kid, ya in Tha Medium, a ring of pure void, light and darkness, blah blah blah.

FAIRYSPRITE: Suffice ta say it's a buncha cryptic bullshit that don't really matter.
FAIRYSPRITE: Ya played tha game and now ya here.

They summon forth a PHANTASMAL CIGARETTE.

FAIRYSPRITE: Ya gotta build up to Tha First Gate. And that's really all I can say on the matter fa now.

What an odd fellow.
> Be Dann.

You attack the SAP IMP, doing fairly well. When they retaliate, they are blasted away by a BEAM of blue light.

MOLESPRITE: :*

They leave behind BUILD GRIST and MOLD GRIST.
> Be Anya.

SANDLERSPRITE: God damn it.
SANDLERSPRITE: I'm a fucking moose.
> Be Bart.

Batman's electronic apparition floats beside you as you type away. They are moving their mouth, but you can't hear anything. You take the time to get a better look at the specter. For the most part it is Batman, though they are also in possession of a Darth Vader-esque board of KNOBS AND SWITCHES.

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow Orikanyo Orikanyo AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986

> ==>

Oh. Not... what you were expecting, but who are you to judge? The fae can sound like whatever they please as far as you're concerned.

CIEL: You are very kind
CIEL: I appreciate the information
CIEL: I'll inform my friends so that we can get to work on that goal.

You give your sprite a little bow of UTTER RESPECT. This is like... meeting your childhood hero, even if your childhood hero was the entire fae.

> Ciel: Inform

You get your laptop, fulfilling Bart's request as best you can before making a memo.

radiantAgate [CRA] has started a memo
RA: I have spoken with my fairy creature.
RA: They gave me very useful information I wanted to pass to everyone else
RA: But I figured it would be more convenient to so in a memo as opposed to individually messaging each of you to relay the exact same message.
RA: 1. We are in a place called "The Medium"
RA: 2. Something about a ring of pure void, I think in reference to "The Medium"
RA: 3. We must build up to the first gate. I assume this is the game logo far above our homes. I was already building up there for Bart. I will continue to do so.
RA: That is all of the information for now. From how things were phrased, I should be able to learn more from my fairy later on.
RA: That is all.
radiantAgate [CRA]
has closed memo

Let's see about helping Bart how you can... and messing with the machinery from before. It is unlikely that its only purpose was for entering The Medium, so you see if you can mess around with it anymore... hm. You can get more totem lathes... a lot, in fact. You decide to grab three or so before ending your experiment for the time being.

The TOTEM LATHE read a PRE-PUNCHED CARD, but what about a PUNCHED CARD? One that you punch yourself? Could you theoretically make things? Or combine them? Heavens... the possibilities are endless... you're getting too many ideas. You could create wonderful things. You could create abominations. Who knows what will happen?! You must know!

> Ciel: Mess around with machines for god knows how long

Last edited:
> Anya: Engage Sandler.

Blinking... or, winking in your case? Whatever. Bwinking several times in an attempt to help your eye do the see-y thing, you are met with the visage and voice of american actor, comedian, screenwriter, film producer, and singer-songwriter, Adam Sandler, standing in a scattering of his own pictures. A number of them also feature your crudely edited-in guardian, but you decide not to dig into that rabbit hole.

You guess you can talk to this skeletal apparition?

ANYA: Ekh, hello? Mister Sandler?
SANDLERSPRITE: Oh, hey.
SANDLERSPRITE: You the one who made me?

ANYA: You are here. Through accident, but yes.
ANYA: Sorry. Was not expecting this, of all things.

SANDLERSPRITE: You and me both, sister.
ANYA: Right, mister Sandler.
ANYA: You came from the seizure orb?

SANDLERSPRITE: You can call me Adam, Mr. Sandler was my father.
SANDLERSPRITE: And yeah, I think I came from the Kernelsprite.
SANDLERSPRITE: Though I guess I'm just the Sprite now.

ANYA: Adam.
ANYA: I.
ANYA: Yes, sure, Adam.
ANYA: Are you.
ANYA: Here for something?
ANYA: Or just. Here?

SANDLERSPRITE: I'm supposed to guide you on your journey through The Medium.
SANDLERSPRITE: I got all this game knowledge in my ghost brain to help you, now.

ANYA: Right.
ANYA: Everything has rules.
ANYA: There is no magic that doesn't boil down to laws.
ANYA: Science, that is.

SANDLERSPRITE: Uh, yeah sure.
SANDLERSPRITE: Anyway, you're supposed to be building up to that First Gate up there.
SANDLERSPRITE: There are more up there too, but those'll be harder to get to.

ANYA: Sorry.
ANYA: Oh, Bart dropped something here.
ANYA: I will.
ANYA: Deal with that first.

> Anya: Check out new stuff.

Looks like a CD and a very thick CAPTCHALOGUE CARD.

Captchaloguing further reveals them to be a GRIST TORRENT CD and a PUNCH CARD SHUNT. What?

> ==>

You scoot over to your laptop, having received a new message from Bart.

AR: The torrent? I'm inserting it now.
AR: Whatever a torrent is.
AR: Speaking of.
AR: What is up with the alchemy machine?

RR: Great, thanks.
RR: No idea to be honest but we could afford it, I do know that I just attached something called a jump block extension.

AR: I will see about it later.
AR: Oh.
AR: There's the torrent. It shows me everyone's resources.

RR: Could be useful, I guess?
RR: I kinda expected it would do something more though.

AR: Wait.
AR: Ekh. I just stole 12 build grist from Dann.
AR: Took me a bit to figure out what happened.
AR: I'll let him take it back. Later.

RR: Okay bye, and good luck with the Sandler ghost. Pretty sure you're gonna need it.
AR: Thank you.
AR: It is not a ghost, however.

RR: Oh what it is then? I tried talking to mine but that didn't work out so I have no clue.
AR: Sprite. Different things.
AR: Meant to guide us.
AR: Nature seems like magic to a child.
AR: We are children. This "Medium" is nature.
AR: The sprites will explain the rules.
AR: Hopefully.

RR: Huh? When I tried talking to mine he sounded like he was screaming bats at me, not the word but bat emoticons somehow.
RR: Though that was before he became part radio.

AR: I can't help you with technology.
AR: Barely got this CD running.
AR: Try mashing around any buttons you see.
AR: That usually works for me.

RR: Will do, thanks for the advice. Also not too surprising that you're bad with technology, you live like some kind of caveman.
RR: No offense.

AR: It is an objective statement.
AR: I will figure out some of these other things now.
AR: Later.

RR: Bye

-- arcticRecluse [AR] has ceased pestering readingRoadster [RR] --

> Anya: Figure out some of these other things.

Firstly, you walk over to the JUMPER BLOCK EXTENSION and do what you do best.

You shove one thing into the other, using the PUNCH CARD SHUNT at your disposal and sliding it into one of the slots on the machine. Nothing happens.

> ==>

The shunt seems to have a slot of its own, most likely to insert a certain type of card. You decide to figure that out later, because you're pretty sure you'd screw something up if you just shoved your empty cards in there.

Take a look at this other, piano-like machine?

> ==>

Yep. It sure kinda looks like a piano. There is another card slot and a small keyboard attached.

You sigh. You need an item to run some tests on. Your SYLLADEX allows you to retrieve the HIGH-POWER LASER POINTER inside its card. You put it into the slot, nothing happening yet again.

> ==>

You scratch the top of your head. You really are bad with these things, damn you unorthodox upbringing.

Maybe the keyboard has a significance?

> ==>

One of the only words you remember from the terminology of this game is "registry." Maybe, just maybe, this device registers your items? Then it'd be similar to the torrent program from earlier!

You retrieve your card back, typing in its code into the PUNCH DESIGNIX. Afterward, you put the card back into the slot also. The punch designix PUNCHES your card. You can't retrieve the laser anymore, sucks to be you.

> Anya: Stare blankly at device.

Try again? It's possible you put the wrong code in. You repeat the entire process with another item, the DEMILUNE FRAGMENT.

Same result, this is insulting and you really want a refund.

> Anya: Get refunded.

Remembering the totem, you grab another CRUXITE DOWEL and bring the TWO (2) PUNCHED CARDS.

You slip both of them into the TOTEM LATHE at once like the terrible cave-gremlin you are, completely ignoring the implications of such an act. You follow the rest of the process, creating a HIGH-POWER WAVE LASER for some grist and a piece of MOLD. That's not what you were expecting.

> ==>

Having learned a new thing, you get back to your laptop. With your server-powers over Dann, you cannibalize a patch of his house for grist and space. There, you put the PUNCH DESIGNIX, as well as dropping the TORRENT CD on his head... again. Hard to miss the rain, right?

Oh. A memo, you can toss your coins in there.

-- arcticRecluse [AR] has started responding to memo --
AR: Thank you, Ciel. We are meant to learn that through the sprites, it seems.

AR: I've discovered something too.
AR: Using a device that looks like a piano.
AR: You are able to punch your cards, making little holes in them.
AR: This lets you combine two items in the alchemy machine.
AR: Deploy it for your client before using it, the items cost mold.
AR: So does the device.
AR: I also must say another sorry to Dann.
AR: I think I stole grist from you.

--arcticRecluse [AR] has ceased responding to memo --

> ==>

Having explained this conundrum, you have some more questions for your SPRITE. You approach it, striking up a word.

ANYA: Mister Sandler. Can I have a question?
SANDLERSPRITE: Adam.
SANDLERSPRITE: But go ahead.

ANYA: Part of you is Antigone.

ANYA: The moose part.
ANYA: Has that any effect on you?

ANYA: Internally speaking.
SANDLERSPRITE: I have a slight craving for bark, but beyond that I don't think so.
ANYA: I see.

ANYA: Not that I am disappointed. Or anything.
ANYA: My uncle is a big fan.
SANDLERSPRITE: Is he the guy photoshopped into all these pictures on the ground?
ANYA: Yes.
SANDLERSPRITE: Yeah that's not weird or anything.

ANYA: I am sorry. I am pretty disappointed, actually.
ANYA: But it is better to focus on what is there.
ANYA: Instead of what is not.
ANYA: Am feeling pretty tired.

ANYA: Excuse me for a minute.
SANDLERSPRITE: Sure.

SANDLERSPRITE: I'll be here when you want to head forward.
SANDLERSPRITE: Floating.

> Anya: Clock out.

All of this doing and talking has made you so... drowsy. Actually, that could just be the heat, but you're too far down the tired zone to give a thought to that. You chew on a piece of DRY JERKY, finding a comfortable position in the warm snow like an arctic fox.

Before you know it, your eyelid drops down under its weight, bringing in a comfortable darkness. Yeah, no one will mind if you just take a quick snooze...

> ==>

After your chat with Anya you turn to Batmansprite and try talking to him again.

So can you talk now or are you just gonna scream bats again?

It's at this point you notice the soundless lip flapping.

> Turn his volume up.

Not having any better idea you look for the knob that controls his volume and turn it all the way up, wondering if that will help.

If you didn't see Anya successfully talk to her sprite you wouldn't have believed it was possible to do so after your first attempt.

> Be Dann

You were ready for that attack, but molesprite seemed more than a capable fellah. Proper awesomness right there.

Fucken rad.

Lazer beam mole.

Due to the closeness of you to grist, you had suddenly slurped up the strange looking objects with ease.

And then it hit you.

Namely the punch card.

Thanks Anya.

Much appreciated.

You also notice outside your room your home feels smaller... much smaller... as most the living area has become nonexistant.

Thanks Anya.

> Examine memo

Huh, guess folks are getting busy, learning from sprites? Guess they are your tutorial buddies for the game..

...Though...

Dann: So... Uhh... Whats up?
Molesprite: :*
Dann: ah... Rock and mole don't make words huh.
Dann: You are cool in my books though.
Dann: :*
Dann: ;*

Thought provoking conversation.

-- abberantAbilation [AA] has started responding to memo --
AA: My Mole fairy buddy ain't to talkative
AA: Probably because hes a rock and mole combined.
AA: Still he just blasted a fucken lazer beam at an enemy.
AA: who exploded into stuff.
AA: Yay for gameplay feedback loops.
AA: So that said, all this seems over my head.
AA: Gonna toy with this shit till it works.
AA: Mad science goin on up in here!

> Postpone mad science.

Like Anya says, you gotta do the thing for Ciel.

Hopping onto your computer you begin to fiddle about, plopping down the stuff nearby the wierd machines and maaaaybe recycling a few things... no... no...

Can't do that to Ciel.

Sweet heart has memories here.

But.. The btoken table can go, and the shards of broken glass.

Netting a few bits of grist.

You also plop the cd into your computer, unsure if a tower would be a good idea for an on the go type of game like this...

Ciel mentioned a gate portal thing, so maybe something properly portable is worth it...?

You examine your phone, then your computer...

If only there was a way to magically mix the two?

Oh wait.

What Anya said.

Captchloguing your computer you begin making your way to the machines. This type of wizardry is unknown to you, but effectively is your crafting system.

As complex as it is, which it isn't, you do manage to piece two and two together, litterally, as you slap your phone onto your computer.

Exactly the opposite of what you wanted to do.

Now with a cruxite totem lathed up and being useless you perform the act of defiance against your failures and yeet the bad totem off the tree branch through a window.

Which collides with an imp's head and onocks both off.

Successful defenestration aside you switch the order and create...

A Personal Computation Device.

Neat, now you can plop things in Ciel's home on the go, lovely!

Thennn you got an idea.

AA: If we sacrifice a card and type in a code given over by another person dose it register as the code when its punched?
AA: Like, can we make a catalogue of shit we can combine?

That would be best done with blank captchcards, but still.

Would be nice.

You then begin fiddling about with ciel's place, building stairs outside with a platform, first step, but you ain't gonna touch the home, that's Ciel's, it'd be rude to make adjustments without asking....

Thanks Anya.

Suddenly you get thinking about your stones in your room, then your drill... Could you make a better drill? If you had a diamond maybe... but not much trumps steel... But then again, rpg strats...

Could get armor?

Hmm...

You think on this for abit, fiddling around with what you can do for Ciel.

...Man those new machines are hellah expensive.

This one looks fine, slap that sucker down and boo. Baby​

Last edited:
> Be Ciel.

You cannot be Ciel as she is too busy messing around with machines.

> Be Anya.

You cannot be Anya as she is too busy being asleep, dreaming of a soothingly infinite presence that relays information to her subconscious. Nothing she can understand, however.

> Be Bart.

BATMANSPRITE: I CAN.

You cannot be Bart as he is too busy being TEMPORARILY DEAF to listen to commands! Who knew turning the volume to max was a bad idea?

> Be Dann.

You cannot be Dann as he is too busy messing around with machines.

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Orikanyo Orikanyo

> Ciel: Let's be Santa!

Dann was kind enough to drop your PUNCH DESIGNIX, so you decide to take Anya's advice and make some things. Seems like your theories were correct about creating things... what all will you try and make?

GLASSES + LAPTOP

Something sensible first, then hopefully you can keep an eye on things while you're walking around and exploring.

STAFF + OBSIDIAN

Upgrading your weapon sounds good! You'll try to combine it with... obsidian? Yeah. That's used for protection and stuff... it'll help you be more safe in fights! You'd add other crystals, but you don't have any others and it would probably cost a stupid amount of grist.

SPARE DRESS + FAIRY DOLL

Screw it. Something self indulgent! What's the point of playing god if you can't have wings? Angels have wings, fairies have wings, you want to be a mythical creature with wings too! It'll probably just be cosmetic, but you don't give a damn! Self indulgent! Self indulgent!

While you alchemize various things, you think about what Anya said... the sprites are like guides, hm? So that should mean that you should try and get more information out of Fairysprite...

CIEL: Before I enter the first gate up there...
CIEL: I have two questions
CIEL: 1. How do I get back up?
CIEL: 2. Is there any way I can get in contact with you if I need help?

> Turn BATMANSPRITE'S volume down.

What was that? Anyway you turn the volume of your sprite down to half and decide to catch up on the memo's until your ears start working again.

> ==>

Honestly, the whole combining thing seems more interesting than building up, but you don't want to risk going outside and risk getting sneak attacked by an enemy you can't hear coming. You open Anya's tab and wonder what you can build with.

> Ask Anya.

Not having any ideas you decide to just ask her for suggestions and wait until she wakes up.

Apparently I have to help you reach that Spirograph above your tent. Got any ideas on what I can use ?

> Well that was fruitless. Get to combining.

Before you do so you decide to stack up on supplies. First since you have to go out in the cold, you place your BLANKETS and favorite SPIDERMAN HOODIE in your sylladex.

61Tb-oMxWCL._AC_UX385_.jpg

Next you wonder on how to improve your chain when inspiration hits you. You grab the SEVIPER PRINT OUT as well as a GHOSTRIDER COMIC and begin planning on how to keep in touch in others away from your computer. SIS'S LAPTOP might be a good choice since combining hopefully removes the issues that come with not knowing her passwords. You would prefer something a little more hands free but maybe you can turn it into some kind of text to speech device if you include your HEADPHONES.

That gives you an idea and you rush to SIS'S BEDROOM ignoring the devices for now and print out a picture of a scouter from DBZ.

maxresdefault.jpg

Both the laptop and scouter are placed into your inventory which due to the total size of everything in it is nearly full, maybe you should have tried folding your blankets.

> ==>

Checking out the punch designix, it's basic use seems pretty simple, though you wonder if you do something about making the cards unusable due to the punching process.

Not seeing anything you decide on the next best thing you can think off and take out an empty card. It does have a code on the back and so you enter 111111 after placing the card in the slot.

> ==> Get to combining already.

It's clear that combining involves putting two cards together, maybe more. But in what way?

You can think of three options.

First is putting in random symbols from each card involved until you hit the limit. This seems the most random way and is thus probably useless.

The other two would use up cards quickly, but that shouldn't be a problem anymore, since it involves punching them and then either taking out of some of the holes or using the holes that result from all items on a single card.

For the sake of experimenting you waste some card to combine your BLANKETS AND SPIDERMAN HOODIE using both of the latter ways, making a mental note to share both the result of your experiments as well as the codes for the blank cards and for your new COMMUNICATOR after you successfully make it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back