• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
> Anya: Sign off.

Having a bit of energy newly restored and your wounds healed, you take a step to the side and move your body away from Bart. There's no reason to burden someone else unless you HAVE to.

This is it then, a moment finally away from immediate peril. The fact that you succeeded at something for once is refreshing, you think. You throw a glance and nod at Mask, both a thanks and an acknowledgement. You're still too exhausted and too YOU to offer much insightful commentary.

> ==>

Instead, you turn your attention to Ciel as she addresses you. Now would be the time to say something meaningful, tell her just how much she and the others mean to you, apologize. You strain your tired body to speak and..!

ANYA: Ekh...
ANYA: ...bye.

God damnit.

> ==>

Waiting for her to leave, you stand in front of the FOURTH WALL, foreboding of the events yet to come. There is one thing you still need to know, a reason to even go through with this instead of grabbing everyone and RUNNING AWAY.

A justification to risk their lives any further.​

ANYA: Before I go anywhere.
ANYA: I still haven't asked.
ANYA: Why?
ANYA: What is the goal of growing
The Corruption?
RILE: To   us3   it   as   a   w3apon.
RILE: Against   paradox   spa< 3.
RILE: To   fulfill   a   grim   v3nd3tta.

ANYA: A grudge.
ANYA: How ridiculous.
ANYA: Let's go then.
ANYA: Break this meaningless game apart.

RILE: Ind33d.

> ==>

With a heavy breath, you lunge through the window as the others have done.​

>Bart: Be shocked.

Hearing that your SISTER was left on earth and is most likely dead was bad enough but going by Ciel's reactions the other knew and didn't tell you. If it was the fact that everyone was under enough stress already and that you know them well enough to be 100 % certain that they wouldn't keep it secret from you on purpose you don't know what you would have done.

Instead you just stand there silent as Mask points some device at Anya and Dann and tells you to meet your Primes.

> ==>

When Ciel hugs Dann and even kisses Anya, on the cheek but still, you can't help but feel a bit envious even if it's probably just because she doesn't want to give any mixed messages.

It's only after she left that you realize you should have given Anya some more of your healing fruit, as ineffective as it is. Lord knows the girl could use it.

> Bart: maybe defenestrate yourself.

Since you're gonna travel with Mask you just follow them wherever it is they're taking you.​

==> act 3 act 1: compounding errors
> [T] Descend.

Five heroes leap through a window and fall a GREAT HEIGHT.

Through the INFINITE VOID they descend past hundreds of FENESTRATED PLANES, no doubt leading all over Paradox Space. MASK angles their trajectory to fall to the front of the group, they seem to be enjoying themselves IMMENSELY. It is then that the four of you realize you have NO IDEA WHERE YOU ARE GOING, you can't tell whats on the other side of the windows.
> Be the knightborn Maid.

Ciel is the first to be separated when she is accidentally pushed away by MASK's descent. She is sent to a place with BLUE SKIES, launched directly UP. She falls back down, lands in shallow water and is KO'd
> Be the thiefborn Witch.

Next to separate is Anya, too tired to steer herself through the non-existent air. Sh drifts into a window that deposits her into a pile of something but COMFORTABLE and NOT. She instantly passes out from exhaustion.
> Be the sylphborn Heir.

Bart is third to disappear when a window suddenly appears beneath him, too quick for him to react. Almost immediately he crashes into a WALL on the other side and is KO'd.
> Be the princeborn Mage.

Finally, Dann, unharassed in their downward path, chooses to follow MASK, as that is the only thing they can really do, since their method of FLIGHT was damaged by HEPHAESTUS. Unable to stop their momentum, they crash into the ground on the other side of the PLANE of are KO'd.
> END OF ACT 2.

14 Hours later, four kids begin to stir in their sleep.

Which one are you?

act3act1.png

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Orikanyo Orikanyo

> Be Anya.

After a blacked-out FOURTEEN (14) hours, you slowly start awakening. You needed that, sheesh. Arriving from the deepest slumber you've had in months, you lazily open your eye to examine your surroundings.

>Bart: Wake up and utter stock phrase.

Still sore from the crash you wake up .

RR: Did anyone get the number of that truck?

> Play laugh track

> Dann: Wake up.

Grab a brush and put a little make up.

Hide the scars to fade away the shake up.

Why'd you leave the keys on the table

There you go creating another fabl-

What the fuck?​

> Ciel: Awaken

You rise up, taking your time as to prevent running into anything. Rubbing your eyes then head, groaning a bit in pain, you look around. Just where in paradox space are you?

> Ciel: Examine surroundings

Last edited:
> Be Anya.

You are now the finally-rested ANYA, and you are currently lying in a pile of TRASH. You appear to be on some oft-forgotten area of a DECK on some SHIP. As you look out to the sky you see ENDLESS DARKNESS with the occasional ELDRITCH HORROR in the distance, and behind whatever SHIP you are on, you see the various BLUE-STRIPED SHIPS that were blowing up LODAS earlier. Seems they're on the move.

Much closer to you, tucked in the space between some garbage bags, you find a LIGHTLY DAMAGED FENESTRATED PLANE, no doubt the on from which you emerged.

What do you do now?

> Be Bart.

You are now the 1337 gamer-with-a-z BART, and you are in what appears to be the back of an RV, tucked neatly into the bed. Wherever you are, it seems like someone has been LIVING in here for a while, as various PHOTOGRAPHS and KNICKKNACKS are strewn about. At the front of the vehicle, instead of a STEERING WHEEL or other DASHBOARD PARAPHERNALIA, you find what looks like something out of a SCI-FI SPACESHIP.

Also in the room is a unpowered FENESTRATED PLANE, probably the one you came out of.

What do you do now?

> Be Dann.

You are now the chthonic explorer DANN, and you are in a LIBRARY/STUDY/OFFICE... THING. It's unclear what this very large room is, but it has a few DESKS and is wall-to-wall covered in BOOKS, though a large number of them appear to be MAGAZINES and COMIC on closer inspection. In the room you find about a dozen people, all wearing the same clothes, and a familiar BUNNY-EVOCATIVE MASK. All but one, who does not have a mask on.

They are sitting on the floor next to your makeshift bed in what was once a READING NOOK, their back is turned to you and they are reading a comic called SBURB.

What do you do now?

> Be Ciel.

You are now the fairy-ensorcelled CIEL, and you are somewhere both FOREIGN and FAMILIAR at the same time. You are in a bed a bit too small for you, in a featureless room made primarily of STICKS. You've seen huts like this before, when you visited LOWAP in the past. This is a TURTLE VILLAGE house. Outside the door, you hear soft waves on the shore, and the sounds of a PARTY, including LIVE MUSIC.

There's no way you could be there, right? Anya's land would have surely been erased by now.

What do you do now?

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Orikanyo Orikanyo

> Dann: Become dissappointed.

You were promised awesome space ship.

Not a dingy library.

Fucking wings, worthless bastards and a half.

Can't stand up against one gigantic massive hammer swipe?

Who built these things anyways.

He must be one hellah idiot.
Dann: ...Guess i'm outta the game then?
Dann: Safe... At least... Even if I'm not where I should be.
Dann: ...maybe?
Dann: I'd imagine like a digital library aboard a space ship rather than a physical one...

Dann: but i've been wrong about alot of things in the last week.

Your grievances are known by the air.

Well.

Time to go see who that not masked mask is.

You waddle your way over to the person, eyeing the comic they are reading...
Dann: I think my edition of that comic was messed with or somethin'.
Dann: Or somebody snuck their own shitty fanfiction in to make it horror related...
Dann:.... So... uh.. hey..

Last edited:
> Ciel: Examine hut

You don't see any sort of FENESTRATED PLANE near you... and you seem to have been tucked in. Perhaps the consorts of this place put you in the bed? Still... a part of you wishes you could stay here forever, or even just go back to sleep. But you know you can't do that.

You have no clue how long you were out for... but you're definitely past the time you were supposed to die. So you should be... relatively? That means Mask helped you out of the session. Thank the stars for Mask.

> Ciel: Exit hut

As much as you don't want to, you leave the hut, giving yourself a moment to adjust to the world outside. Once your eyes adjust to whatever lighting is now around you, you see if you can talk to anyone about where you are. Consorts may not be very helpful, but they can still be a little helpful! Besides, maybe Mullgan is here...?

CIEL: Umm
CIEL: Hello?
CIEL: Excuse me, can anyone tell me where I am and perhaps how long I was in that quaint hut for?

> Anya: Contemplate.

Now that you're back to your senses, you have to think very briefly.

Who thought that jumping down a window randomly and without direction was a good idea? If you were any more vindictive, you'd kick their teeth in the next time you would meet. Thankfully for THEM, you prefer to live in the present, rather than holding on to vendettas. Speaking of...

> ==>

Looks like you'll be hunting down Dann's ancestor instead.

You take a moment to rise from your TRASHY ENTOMBMENT, realizing just how badly you smell as you do so. The stench is like an olfactory FIREBOMB, a creeping doom that reminds you of the odour of fermenting MOOSE GUTS. For your own sake, the least you can do is change clothes.

> ==>

anya in space.png

Perfect.

Smelling slightly less like MEN'S COLOGNE (Seriously, what is with the marketing today?), you start looking for anyone to interrogate.

>Bart: Look for Mask.

As you take in your surroundings, teleporting window and all, you are surprised that you don't see Mask anywhere. It's not like they can hide anywhere in this RV. Figuring your guide must have gone out while you were asleep you make your way to the front of the vehicle.

Having already noticed that the front looks more like a space ship you decide opening any doors would be stupid and want to look outside first. Of course if you are in space somehow that makes Mask's absence as unusual as you thought at first but you don't want worry about that now.

Frankly you feel like you have enough on your mind already even if you're no longer in danger of being corrupted or killed by your Denizen.​

> Be Dann.

The figure you can only assume is Mask captchalogues their comic and stands up to face you. They are an TOMBOYISH GIRL about your height, though they appear to be a year or two OLDER than you.
MASK(?): hey.
MASK(?): your finally awake.
MASK(?): sleep well?

The most startling thing about this girl is just how much she looks like BART, or rather, how much Bart looks like HER. Even beyond this resemblance she is eerily FAMILIAR, as if you have seen her face before. A name dances on your tongue that you just can't quite place.
> Be Ciel.

You exit the hut into the middle of a TURTLE VILLAGE, and wow, this place looks EXACTLY like LOWAP did. Power lines and everything.

No one is here to answer your questions, though; The villagers seem to be at some PARTY on the other side of some DENSE FOLIAGE.
> Be Anya.

You wander around the deck of the large ship, eventually coming across one of those weird hatch BOAT DOORS and head inside. You enter what appears to be a CAFETERIA of sorts, as dozens of those BLACK AND WHITE CHESS GUYS are here eating in NAUTICAL UNIFORMS.

One of them -a PROSPITIAN- is dressed just the teeniest bit fancier than the others, as they have a couple BADGES and a HAT.
> Be Bart.

You look out the door and see that you are not in space, so you head outside. You are immediately confronted with a TEXT BOX at the top of your field of vision that reads LAND OF SHINE AND STRATA. Looking around, you notice the RV is parked near a CLIFF, surrounded by AUTUMNAL TREES. The sky is a thick layer of CLOUDS with the occasional SUNBEAM breaking through. The RV is also heavily modified with JET ENGINES and WINGS.

While you don't see anyone, you do hear a sound of GRUNTING nearby, as if someone is FIGHTING SOMETHING.

> Ciel: Head to the party

If anyone nearby can help you, they're probably there. Before asking anyone of your questions, you decide to scan whatever crowd there is for another human first. If you fail to find another person, you decide to simply ask a consort if you can get their attention.

> Ciel: Scan the crowd

Last edited:
>Dann:
Dann: Even if I hadn't mean to go for a long nap.
Dann: I'd still say that was the best i've ever slept.

God knows it feels alot better, in under a day you jumped from the frying pan, into the fire, and now you had crawled amongst definitly cooler ashes.

Though you do take a look around at all the masked masks and then back to the unmasked mask.
Dann: Guess I didn't quite follow the flight plan huh?
Dann: Sorry about that.
Dann: Still, massively owe yea one brah.

> Bart: Follow grunting.

Not knowing what else you could do here you decide to head in the direction the grunting came from. Maybe you'll finally get to show off Gleipnir, since every fight you've been in since making it you just threw bombs.​

> Anya: Approach chess creature.

Cave creature to chess creature, you approach the badged individual and eye them thoroughly. Ignoring social code aside, you also affirm that this guy knows a bit more than the others, having heard somewhere that people occasionally base their worth on badges.

Cutting the inelegant pause, you open your mouth to ask a question.

ANYA: I need directions.
ANYA: Where's the conductor.

> Be Ciel.

You head through the flora into the CLEARING. There is a BEACH PARTY going on, full of the various forms of CONSORTS you have met on your journey, though there are a bit more TURTLES than the other three, there are also a couple IMPS here, just sorta vibin'. It's a lot bigger than the parties you've seen on LOWAP though. There is a live band playing some Cake-adjacent music. A Turtle on keys, Croc on Guitar, Iguana on bass, and a Salamander vocalist.

The DRUMMER however is what catches your eye, as they are significantly LARGER than anyone else here, most likely due to the fact that they are a HUMAN BEING and Consorts and Imps are notoriously squat. The BIG DRUMMER BOY is a bit hard to see with the rest of the band in the way, the various STAGE LIGHTS pointing in every direction, and also the fact that they are behind a GIANT DRUM SET, so you wait a couple minutes for the song to end.

The band takes a break and heads to the nearby FOOD SHACK THING. They haven't seemed to notice you yet.

> Be Dann.

MASK(?): really beefed it out there, dude.
MASK(?): can't trust you with the simplest of tasks.

MASK(?): i mean how hard is it to fall?

She looks at you sternly for a brief moment, before cracking a smile that seems so insanely familiar.

MASK(?): jk.
MASK(?): though this was a bit unexpected.

This FAMILIARITY is eating away at you.

> Be Bart.

You walk through the FALL WOOD until you finally reach your destination. A LONG-HAIRED FIGURE wielding what has to be the largest SCYTHE you have ever seen outside of anime is using it to chop down a METERS-TALL TOADSTOOL. They don't seem to be really trying that hard to CUT IT DOWN, more so just HITTING IT. They are fully enveloped in this task and do not see you.

> Be Anya.

The Carapacian looks up from their food, sees you, and scrambles to get to their feet before doing a quick BOW to you. The other uniformed chess guys look at them weird.

They introduce themselves as the VICE ADMIRAL, second-in-command of the BLUE LEAGUES, and that they would be more than happy to help someone such as YOURSELF find the FLEET COMMANDER. They leave their food behind and gesture for you to follow them down what will inevitably be a long series of HALLWAYS and CORRIDORS.

> Dann: deja vu
Dann: Pretty hard apparrently.
Dann: Its a wonder I've yet to trip right into the sun at this rate.
Dann: Gravity police will be after me at this rate.

Okay you can't help yourself but smile... Like... this weird feeling is pulling at you like a dog desperate to go for a walk.
Dann: Hey as long as we're all safe.
Dann: So... uhh...
Dann: I know Mask, been a real big help that one.
Dann: What with the memory ribbon thing and the whole saving our asses.
Dann: But... First we've met, so.
Dann: Nice to meetchyea.

Dann: Dann Duxxert, 101st interation apparrently.

Last edited:
>Ciel: Enjoy song

Since you don't want to interrupt and seem to have a minute, you decide to just listen to the music and enjoy yourself while you wait. Thus, you do a little dance to the beat.

> Ciel: Approach the boy

You wonder if this is a different prime... Or if you were a boy at one point. Regardless, you're here on a mission, so you approach food shack and then the boy.

CIEL: Excuse me?
CIEL: Umm
CIEL: I'm Ciel... Are you... Mullgan?

Last edited:
> Anya: Follow the admiral.

You haven't met before, have you? Ekh, nevermind the gestures, you think.

You follow the VICE ADMIRAL as they proceed through the grey hallways, scenery which you always seem to arrive back at.

>Bart: Talk to stranger.

While you're impressed by how well the figure is using the overly large scythe you can't just stand there and stare. Without hiding your approach since you don't want to startle them you walk up to the figure. Once you are about ten feet away from them you stop and start talking to them.

RR: Ehm excuse me.
RR: Are you one of the Primes?

> Be Dann.

'First time we've met' is a line that feels weird to say, because it doesn't feel like it's the first time. You feel like you know her.

And you do.
MASK(?): well dann,
MASK(?): now that i've been unmasked,
MASK(?): it's cool to finally meet you for reals.

MASK(?): i'm-

In fact, you know her so well, you even know here name before she says it.

It's-
BETH: beth.

Beth Doover, Sylph of Time.

Your friend.
> Be Ciel.

????: Mullgan?

He turns around to face you, thick black hair jutting out at strange angles, framing a face riddled in familiar scars, and a pair of those stupid shutter shades that he pulls up to rest on his head, revealing neon pink eyes. His shirt is open, showing off an enormous scar in the dead center of his chest.
????: I havent heard that name in a while
????: You look
????: Familiar

????: Do I know you?

> Be Anya and VA.

You follow the VICE ADMIRAL. They inform you that yes, you have met before, though you wouldn't remember it as you were asleep at the time. He relays that he was from your game, a soldier of Prospit who guarded over the dream selves of you and your friends. Though that was years ago, from his perspective. He keeps the explanation rather short, as he knows the Witch of Mind isn't one for long drawn out discussions of personal stories. You arrive at a VERY IMPORTANT LOOKING DOOR. VA inputs a code into the keypad, and it opens.

You arrive at the MAIN BRIDGE, a dozen or two CARAPACIANS man terminals connected to the various SYSTEMS aboard this ship.Ahead is a large WINDOW showing the course through the FURTHEST RING that this ship takes. Judging by the fact that no other vessels are in front of this one, you gather that this is the flagship known as the STARLIGHT CALLIOPE from before. Standing dead ahead of you resting his hands at DASHBOARD-LOOKING THING, is a humanoid shape with short white hair and a BLACK UNIFORM that looks a bit different than the ones the CARAPACIANS wear. His back is turned to you and he just seems to be watching the crew go about their tasks.

You take it this is the mysterious FLEET COMMANDER, head of the BLUE LEAGUES.

Scratch.
> Be Bart.
????: AH!

The person jumps in surprise, clearly not expecting you sneaking up behind them. You weren't being particularly sneaky or anything, though.
????: You scared the daylights out of me!
????: Jeez!

They turn around, showing off their INCREDIBLY FAMILIAR appearance. Their glasses are more square, their eyes are a bit REDDER, and their hair a bit longer, but other than that they look SHOCKINGLY like Ciel.
????: Glad you're awake though!
????: You hit your head pretty hard back there.
????: =P
????: You all right?

> Anya: Casually approach Scratch.

You don't waste any time, walking over behind the PRIME's back in a way characteristically UNCASUAL. Briefly staring over their shoulder and eyeing the DASHBOARD, you asses that it is nonsense and that you don't understand it.

Comparatively uncharacteristically, your lip finds itself raised as your voice booms out from behind SCRATCH. Of all the things to forget, the fact that they almost carelessly erased all of your friends from existence mere hours ago isn't one of them.

ANYA: Hey.
ANYA: Busy?

Last edited:
> Ciel: Wow

This guy looks just like Anya...aah that would make sense. This must be her prime, Resset.

CIEL: Wait, wait, let me guess!
CIEL: Well, it isn't really guessing... it's just process of elimination. You must be Resset, then.
CIEL: I can't say I know your first name, but so we're on even playing-field so to speak, my name is Ciel Sweeney.
CIEL: And this seems to be LOWAP- well
CIEL: It's very similar to LOWAP
CIEL: Which would make sense if you're Anya's prime self.
CIEL: Ah... Me and my friends are other versions of you and your friends!
CIEL: I'm another version of Mullgan! Although as far as I can tell, we're still different?
CIEL: That isn't the point!
CIEL: Mask, who must be Doover sent us out to come meet our primes...
CIEL: But there must have been a mix up, since I don't think you're me hehe.
CIEL: Wait
CIEL: That means someone else is with Scratch... shit...
CIEL: Nevermind. Deep breaths, Ciel, focus on the task at hand.
CIEL: Primes, then Ebli and Miki, then Keta.
CIEL: In... out.
CIEL: Okay. I'm good.

CIEL: We came here for backup, basically. We need to kick Slevis Keta's ass, Scratch as well maybe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back