• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
>Dann: Contemplate the architecture.

Lotta god damn gold.

Like shit tons o' gold.

Metric shit loads of gold.

Enough gold to make Scrooge McDuck have a heart attack from blood rushing to his massive gold encrusted dong.

God damn.

You plop more pictures of the golden temple to album and startpatting the cog, trying to figure out what exactly to do with this new golden environment. But thats when your phone started pinging... Oh boy, are the others noticing your pictures? neat, lets see what they gotta say-

Oh.

OH!

OHOHOH!!!

It appears you are being finally talked to!

The magnaminously devilish individual.

AA: Top of the morning.
AA: So you're the devil Ciel was telling us about.
AA: Sorry to say I ain't in the mood for a fiddling contest
AA: And I got enough gold to make enough fiddles out of.
AA: But you know me by my last name,
AA: You have me at a disadvantage in such.
AA: What do i call you? Oh Devil whispering in my ear?

Yea you've kinda been set on trying to think of something to say when you finally get talked to... And abit of a few rounds with devil went down to Georgia kinda gave you a laughing fit.​

Of course, you assumed that there would be some sort of resistance here considering it's the key to the gate. Still annoying, though.

> Ciel: STRIFE!

Wielding your trusty STAFF, which you've alchemized to be a bit more powerful, you take a deep breath and make your move. You just really hope this thing isn't too difficult to kill. While you try and use this things height to your advantage, dodging and moving as fast as you can to confuse, striking with your staff when you see an opening. As you fight, you try and get a feel for your surroundings.

> Ciel: Strife & Seek

Keeping most of your attention on the fight, you divide only a small bit of your focus to seeing if you can find any power panels.

> Anya: Aggrieve.

You waste no time, drawing your ERGONOMIC HATCHET and charging at the enemy. The basilisk tangles itself up in razor wire as it runs forward, all according to your PLAN. Impeding its mobility should pose an advantage, which you don't intend to WASTE.

Taking the beast from the side, you do your best to avoid oncoming attacks and compromise its legs, delivering non-flashy, calculated STRIKES. Any chance you get, you also brutally lash out at any PERCEIVED VITALS. In the heat of combat, you call out to your friend.

ANYA: Try to keep your distance.
ANYA: If you control the head.
ANYA: You control the course of this battle.

> Bart: Strife

Despite the fact that your new METEOR HAMMER is still stronger than your old weapon even with the smaller balls to reduce it's weight, you still can't wield it as well or as long as you'd like.

Luckily you knew this already and figured out something to at least partially make up for your insufficient strength.

For the most part you use your old weaker Automatic cretin opener, while making sure to try and stay a full chain length away from the Basilisk Queen and aim for spots like it's knees.

However every time the monster seems distracted by focusing on Anya you switch to the heavier weapon.

You don't bother trying the hit any part with the far more unwieldy stone balls at either end and instead settle for ramming just one into the Queen whenever the opportunity presents itself.
Honestly you'd prefer to bash just it's head in but you know that is too dangerous, plus it's body is a much bigger target.
RR: No need to tell me.
RR. You be careful of the head too, after all my weapons have more range.

> Be Dann.

EA: Oh your god shut up.
EA: Even when you aren't being alll serious you're STILLL the annoying one.
EA: You are by far the worst human.

> Be Ciel.

Ah ha! A TERMINAL lies on the other side of the room, a bunch of cables are connected to it, so it must be important! Equally important, is the GICLOPS FIST hurtling towards you. You should probably, like... not get hit by that or something?

> Be Anya and Bart.

The BASILISK QUEEN uses BOSS RUBRIC: THOUSAND MILE STAMPEDE, dealing considerable damage to everyone nearby!

The two of you are caught up in it's near infinite number of legs.

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Orikanyo Orikanyo

AA: Awwww
AA: Look at you.
AA: You're so cute when you're angry.
AA: Whats wrong?
AA: Hellhound steal your food?
AA: Come on and smile for me.
AA: lemme see those Impy Dimples.
AA: Not that i can see them, but I'll feel it.

...Where did this irresistable urge to playfully bully this devil came from?

Like it's coming deep from within you and you are, by god, taking to it like a fish to water.

Maybe it's how it came at you acting like it had control of the situation, like a bond villain entering the scene to a captured protagonist. Unfortunately for him.. er... Them.. Can devils be gendered at all? They aren't mortal in any aspect... or are they? ...Wait... You actually don't know in any concevable manner if all you know about devils is true.

All you know is.

This one.

You want to toy with like a cat who caught a mouse acting tough.

Eidolon Astronaut Eidolon Astronaut

> Ciel: Dodge to the left

You make sure that you don't slide to the right or take it back now y'all. No hops this time. You can dance later. You move out just in time, letting the Giclops' momentum carry it forward. While it's reeling from missing, you run to the terminal and see about OPENING THE GATE and then GETTING THE HELL OUT OF THERE.

> Ciel: Activate terminal

You press whatever looks like it'll open the gate, then turn back to the Giclops, staff still in hand as you move to AGGRESS, looking for an opening to GTFO.

> MMFMMMPFMFMM PMFPPFMMFPMP!!!

nom.png

What was that? We can't quite hear you over that mouthful of DISGUSTING BASILISK FLESH you've decided to chow down upon, like a teenager questioning their sexuality at Olive Garden through the medium of BREADSTICKS.

You continue fighting through the AVALANCHE OF LIMBS, using whatever tools are at your disposal to do so. Your tactics might not be the most flattering, but you've never really cared about appearances. You just kinda hope that this thing isn't poisonous.

ANYA: MMMPH!

> Bart: Don't freak out.

Did Anya just tear off one of the Basilisk's many many legs with her mouth?

You're starting to really regret not running into Ciel now. You quickly push that thought away, you need to focus and try to avoid taking damage as much as possible.

> ==>

Regardless of her methods going for the legs makes sense. After getting your arms free you wrap your chain around a decent number of them, glad for your gloves, and start pulling as hard as you can.
Unfortunately your rather low strength means you're not having luck cutting deep enough.

>Saw.

After thinking it over for a few seconds you start using your chain as a saw, by repeatedly pulling on both ends hoping that will have more effect.

RR: Not gonna lie, I have no idea what you just said.

> Be Dann.

EA: For your information, my demon is dead.
EA: So thanks for reminding me about the losss of my dearest companion, dick.
EA: Do you want to make fun of my dead friend tooo?

EA: How about alll the people on my planet who died when we played the game?
EA: Or are you done?

> Be Ciel.

You press the only button on the terminal. Electricity runs through the pylons nearby.

LOWAP POWER COVERAGE: 15%

The beast takes a step forward, and then DISAPPEARS. Or rather, it DISAPPEARIFYS as it has stepped on the now-functional TRANSPORTALIZER in the middle of the room.

Victory...?

> Be Anya and Bart.

After accidentally ingesting a fair bit of the ALGAE-FUNGI mixture that comprises the LICHEN BASILISK QUEEN, you are free of the STAMPEDE.

You hear a shot ring out, vapor trail leading atop a nearby mountain.

The BASILISK QUEEN falls, dropping a BOUNTY of GRIST.

Victory...?

> Dann: Feel bad.
AA: Well fucking damn
AA: Alright I'mma just say I went at yea cause you went at me from the get go
AA: But fuck, alright, alright...

Well then, this got awkward immedately.

You take a breath and centre yourself, you obviously hit a nail on the head here.
AA: I'm sorry..
AA: We've all been through some tough shit if you all went through the same stuff we did.
AA: Guess that means my ad ain't comin back either... Kinda knew I guess.. Got my crying out of the way two days ago when yea disappeared.
AA: Right... wrong foot... Obviously you know shit about me, I don't know shit about you.
AA: Whole lotta hurt feelings, so I'll take responsibility for the shit I caused aight?
AA: Lets do a little pow wow.
AA: Talk to me when you want, I'mma fiddle around for abit,
AA: I know you're pulling this magnaminous benefactor thing but it's clear this games got us all S.O.L
AA: I wana help you to, thats how any good deal goes right?
AA: You scratch my back I scratch yours,
AA: We'll try this whole thing again from the start.

Alright, back to adventuring for now.

You begin to start fiddling around with the surrounding area, trying to find something to take your mind of the guilt.. Of having hurt a devil's feelings...

No matter what that still is comepletely strange to think about.​

> ==>

Well... now you at least have a moment to breathe. Looking back to the panel, you confirm that there's only one button and... you're curious about what's on the other side of the transportilizer (aside from the giclops), surely nothing too bad? Maybe you could peak your head in and see what's going on before coming back and going to the next gate. Yeah? Yeah.

RA: I got some power restored at this place

RA: Hopefully it restored power around the gate
RA: But I'm going to check something real quick
RA: So uh

RA: If I go quiet assume the worst.

You're probably going to worry everyone with that, but you'll be back before they even see it! Through the transportalizer!

> Ciel: Take a peak

>Bart: Collect Grist.

While you may not be the one who defeated the Basilisk Queen you might as well reap the rewards. You start collecting the dropped grist, stopping when roughly half is left since you figure that belngs to Anya.

RR: I know it was mostly luck but that was honestly much easier than I expected.
RR: Anyway I don't know about you but I'm gonna follow whoever it was that shot and killed the basilisk.

>Read up on memo.

While you wait for Anya's reply you catch up on the memo and unsurprisingly find out your other two friends have been busy as well. In fact this is a good time to let them know what you've been up too.

RR: The basilisk queen is defeated.
RR: That said I don't think it was either Anya or me that did most of the damage.
RR: While we were being attacked by its many, many legs someone shot and killed it.
RR: So obviously I'm gonna do the smart thing and follow this armed and possibly OP character.

> Anya: Collect grist.

Whoever that was must've been a really good shot, considering the distance, the trees and the chaos. You'd call them a "kill-stealing bitchass of a fuck" if you had the vanity and knew that such vulgar vocabulary even existed, but decide to focus on the former, non-frivolous aspect instead. They had all the chance to take two more, but they didn't. Yet.

You collect the grist left for you by Bart, thinking some more on the matter. It probably wasn't a salamander, that much is clear to you. Not keen on blindly rushing down a random sniper, especially after your day 1 episode, you decide to turn to someone who might've seen more than yourself.

ANYA: Wait. Let's not get ourselves killed on a whim.
ANYA: I'll message someone first.
ANYA: They might be of help.

> Anya: Pester AE.

You fiddle with your watch for a bit, the darkness and the mist making it especially hard for you to actually get anywhere. After a longer-than-average minute, you're chatting.

-- arcticRecluse [AR] began pestering adieuxEnchiridion [AE] --
AR: Hello.
AR: Are you still on watch duty?
AR: If not. Ignore this.
AR: Otherwise. Did you see who shot the basilisk?

Last edited:
> Be Dann.

EA: Don't ever say 'Scratch' again, and you got yourself a deal.
EA: It's not like I can reallly affford to just leave you alll for dead or whatever.
EA: And by the way, your guardian isn't dead.
EA: They never existed in the first place, I thought Oatone already fillled you guys in on the whole...

EA: Nonexistence thing.

Nothing in this room really seems useful or interact-able. You do notice SOMETHING VERY TINY though, right at the very bottom corner of the door, so small you almost missed it.

> Be Ciel.

You TRANSPORTALIZE! You find yourself in a large, dark room with pipes and tubes running through and along the walls. There is no GICLOPS here, but there is a LARGE PILE OF GRIST in here.

You notice that this isn't the only TRANSPORTALIZER here: there are DOZENS -possibly HUNDREDS- perfectly aligned to a grid. There is also a hallway in the back, that you could have sworn you saw something run down.

> Be Anya and Bart.

AE: SH<>T THE BASILISK!?
AE: I HAVE N<> IDEA WHAT Y<>U ARE TALKING AB<>UT!
AE: MAYBE IT WAS A SALAMANDER!?
AE: ALS<>! IM SUPP<>SED T<> BE THE <>NE C<>NTACTING Y<>U!

AE: N<>T THE <>THER WAY AR<>UND!

You collect a METRIC ASS-TON of GRIST.

SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Orikanyo Orikanyo

> Dann: Conceptualize nonreality.

You pause a moment to really sink it all in... Dad wasn't real...? Now honestly you really couldn't imagine a normal person leaving his son in a deep mineshaft and occasionally appearing to provide parental affection and various things required for your early life.
AA: Man, I got no clue how this whole thing is going on.
AA: Legit, brain kinda filling in holes with stupid shit.
AA: Moles came with me, so figure their real.
AA: So lets call that a plus.
AA: You see those little buggers?
AA: With their little teddy bear eyes and snifflin' noses?
AA: Any being with a heart falls for em.
AA: To damn cute.

Speaking of small, you step on over to this curious object, aiming to pick it up and examine it with comeplete scrutiny that a teenage boy talking on his phone could muster... Well it's not a phone as opposed to that wicked communicator thing Bart made. Attatched to the helmet like some futuristic telecommunicator. It even makes a hologram for maximum meme sharing potential. truly, you have transcended beyond mortal man.
AA: Mole rant aside.
AA: Whats your stake in this may I ask?
AA: I'm in here to apparently make a universe,
AA: Something I find being a god helping to achieve kinda funny.
AA: insinuating you can when not being a god.
AA: But hey, everything I know is a lie so whats the truth anymore?
AA: Hol' up, existential crisis incoming, hold please.

You quickly smack your head against a wall to regain composure. The golden bricks were hard, but with a red bruise on your forehead you do feel centered again. Though highly doubt this was a healthy way of dealing with this issue.

Man why couldn't this interdimensional game that is a path to making a fucking universe easier!?

Wait a sec...
AA: Okay.
AA: So ya'll played the game before.
AA: You made a universe...
AA: And you know that my shit is not real.
AA: Are... You and your buds...
AA: Did you make our shit?

> Ciel: Admire the grid

Wow. That is... a lot of transportilizers. And they're so perfectly set up! You can't help but wonder how many there are, where they go to, or why they're even here in the first place. You should set something down here to mark that this is the one you came from, since you want to explore and all. Going through your sylladex, you pull out a FAIRY DOLL you had on you for some reason. To be fair, you've been busy trying to make progress so you haven't had time to clean out your sylladex or sort it, really.

Once it's set to the side of the transportilizer specifically so it doesn't warp away, you step down and look around more intently, thinking of where to go next. Luckily for you, you noticed movement down the hallway... what in the world was that? Maybe a consort? A spirit? A demon? A fairy?

You really hope it's a fairy.

> Ciel: Investigate the shape down the hallway

> ==>

AR: So you haven't.
AR: Ekh.

-- arcticRecluse [AR] ceased pestering adieuxEnchiridion [AE] --

> Anya: Sniper mountain adventure.

There was an attempt. Both you and Bart are still alive, so your deaths were not a part of the mission at least. You're pretty tired of not knowing things around here, so you discard all common sense and decide to pursue the armed enigma up a random mist-and-death mountain. Hopefully, the climb is not too steep for your companion to handle.

You shake your head as you lower your watch, informing Bart of the results of your brief interrogation.

ANYA: Didn't shed any light.
ANYA: We're going blind.
ANYA: But we're going.

Last edited:
>Bart: Find out the climb is almost too steep for you.

As soon as Anya gives the word go you begin making your way after the mysterious sniper, only to find yourself struggling before long. You're sure you can make it but it isn't gonna be easy or fast.

You just hope that the stranger doesn't manage to get away before you make it to the top, and of course that nothing ends up attacking you.

RR: I regret this idea already. *Pant.*Not gonna give up though.

>Eat something.

You take out one of your fruit-hybrids, a cross between a grape and a banana, and eat it, hoping it will help you recover some energy at least.​

RR: First chance I *pant* get I'm going to make some kinda vehicle so I don't have to anything like this *pant* again.

Last edited:
> Be Dann.

Now that you are closer, you can see it's a tiny GREEN RIBBON peeking out from underneath the iron door.

EA: That's a tricky question.
EA: Yes and no.
EA: We made your
EA: Wait!

EA: Don't touch that!

But it's too late. You touch the hell out of that ribbon.

The ribbon disappears on touch, and a flood of images enters your mind, none of them make any sense, they're all blurry or just nonsense. You have the biggest headache you have ever had in your life.

You pass out.

> Be Ciel.

As you walk down the dark hallway you hear a noise, something breaking, sparks, and then silence again. You rush down to see what it was, and you are confronted with a small room with a series of defunct terminals and a single white fixture.

It's like a window that was ripped out of a wall. broken glass lies around it, and sparks fly out of what appears to be a BULLET HOLE. Whatever this thing is, it's BROKEN.

> Be Anya and Bart.

The two of you reach where the trail came from, a small pile of RUBBLE and STEEL, as if a building was once here. There is nothing here save for one small platformy looking thing in the center of the debris.

> Dann: Wake Up.

You wake up with a start. You are in your room, wearing your pajamas. Must have been a bad dream. Except this isn't exactly your room, and you're pretty sure you don't even own pajamas.

You are in a room that bears STRUCTURAL SIMILARITIES to your very own bedroom, though things are very different. For one, instead of stone, the walls are just lined with GRAY FLORAL WALLPAPER, and the layout of the furniture is all wrong. There is no computer, and when you check, your SYLLADEX is gone too. Can't message anyone.

The windows lead to a crisp blue sky and green grass, though you can't tell where you are. A single black door can be found on the other side of the room.

> Dann: Think of the ribbon.

So.. Kinda like opening up a gift wrapped present you unboxed alot of shit, and you mean alot of shit. You can only hope your brain didn't explode from the sheer fuckery that just happened. If it did, he'd hope the others didn't get back before he... Actually what COULD he do about it? Practically nothing in truth.

But hey, you are in jammies and in your.... kinda bedroom?

Given it odd you tend to sleep in underwear, pajamas are alright.

Better than being stark nude in a new place.

And being unable to contact anybody, or talk to your new devil on your shoulder.

The outside looks positively pleasant, if you weren't prone to HORRENDOUS SUNBURN due to some latent albinism you'd go run happily through the fields like a joyous lad.

But instead, the vaguely ominous dark door calls to you.

> Inspect Door of ominous vaguery.

You can't be certain where this door would lead, perhaps further into the house? if this was a house. You're luck you'd somehow ended up in a M.C. Escher painting and you'd be stepping out into a world of surrealism. Granted, your attempts at getting up to the other portals show great closeness to his works...

Hesitantly, you go to open the door...

Slowly, slowly moving your hand towards the handle...

Tentatively, you twist the knob, brace yourself...

And...

> Be somebody else.​

> Ciel: Approach with CAUTION

Wielding your staff, you try and sneak into the room after you hear the sparks and various action noises. When you turn the corner into the room, seeing no living thing there, you ease up a bit. A bit. You keep your staff in hand, but not in such a defensive position as before. Carefully and slowly, you approach the window-like fixture.

> Ciel: Mess with terminals

You press a few buttons, but nothing seems to work. A bit disappointing, but not surprising. Once you've confirmed the uselessness of the terminals, you turn your attention back to the elephant in the room.

Stepping closer, careful to not step on the broken glass.

RA: uh
RA: I found some weird stuff
RA: Still investigating. Will update soon.

Once you update everyone on your progress, you hover your fingers over the bullet hole, trying to figure out where the shot might have come from. You try to not touch it because of the sparks, but your hand does accidentally graze it, a small cut on your fingers and a little shock coursing through you. Ow.

There doesn't seem to be much for you here, so you just decide to go back...

>Bart: Regret climbing.

Oh man, this was a bad idea. You sit down on the rubble to catch your breath for a bit while you massage your legs and catch up on the memo..

RR: So did we, a pile of rubble with a platform in the middle.

After a bit you get up and while making sure not to get too close to the platform look for a loose piece of rebar.

> ==>

It's clear you have to do something with the platform but what? You approach it, but make sure not to touch it in case that's enough to activate it.​

> Anya: Discuss nutrition.

You observe the state of your partner-in-climb, letting out a slight sigh. The later stages of the game are said to be much less forgiving, so you're considerably concerned he might hit the ground rather hard if an ascent like this takes out such a toll.

ANYA: You're not getting enough protein.
ANYA: Meat is an important part of a strong diet.
ANYA: Especially when survival is concerned.
ANYA: I will carry you back. The descent is the dangerous part of a climb.
ANYA: For now let's investigate.

> Mess with small platformy thing in the center.

Picking up a small rock from among the rubble, you circle the platform cautiously. What's the worst it could do, liquify your very material existence into green goop? Now that's just unlikely. You squat in front of it, placing the stone in the middle, letting go just before it touches the surface of the assumed device.

> Be Dann.

You exit through the black door.

You enter to a large DOMED CHAMBER. Behind you are FOUR DOORS. A YELLOW DOOR with off-white ANGEL WINGS painted on, a BLUE DOOR with six navy CURVES, a CRIMSON DOOR with a familiar red ten-toothed COG, and the BLACK DOOR you entered from, now adorning a six-armed white SPIRAL; the four symbols all look very familiar, as though you have seen them before. All but the BLACK DOOR is LOCKED.

On the other side of the circular room is a DOOR, not painted to look like anything, just a regular door.

> Be Ciel.

You return to the TRANSPORTALIZER ROOM.

You hear a sound, and then then a brief wisp of light from the TRANSPORTALIZIFYING of a ROCK onto a nearby TRANSPORTALIZIFYICATOR.

> Be Anya and Bart.

the ROCK vanishes in a wisp of light and a visual text effect that says '-IFY.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back