• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Havoc
~Rails~

Had he been younger he would have been sad. Sad to hear that San had been nothing more than an experiment and than a literal servant to her initial creator. Horrified to hear that Ciri had been born in a facility that clearly must have done away with its lab rats or been shut down by other means. It made sense to a degree now, her aura. Both of them actually. Why it was so screwed up. Just like Ciri's aura gave him a sense of warped air to it despite the diabetic sweet he could see encompassing her form, there was also a undertone of foreboding energy that he could sense and see, watching her as she too spoke.

Everyone who lives in this place is fucked up, even me.

That was what made Hell City fit the hell aspect of its name. People didn't need to be riddled with scars or disfigured, they could be as good looking as these two were- and still be fucked up in all kinds of ways. Messed up in the worst ways imaginable. The more power you had, the more reckless you came. Perhaps it'd only be a matter of time before he fell into that slot- most likely not.

What he wouldn't do to have the power to evacuate the decent folk, and just blow up the whole city with its entirely scum infested population.

Too bad that would be impossible. Else it'd already been done by now.

"So a mercenary and a cafe owner." He said in response, ignoring Ciri's question, at least for now. "Odd company really does find each other." He said with a chuckle, glancing at San when sparks of electricity arced and merely got pulled into his feathers, a glow emanating from them that was warm to the touch. As they entered the train, barely a soul really in the car they entered, Juan decided to stand, nodding to Ciri if she would like to sit. With San on his back he had no intent on asking her to get off. Right now his aim was going to be getting her to a hospital first. Priorities, food could come after.

"I was born here, unfortunately. Not here, in this part, but I was definitely born and raised here. The group I am in charge of was something me and some allies made up. Our goal is to essentially take out troublemakers, clean this shitty place up a bit. I've got nothing to gain lying to either of you- so you can choose to believe that if you want. Will say this" he nodded at Ciri, "if a cute thing like you is ever looking for more customers I'll send some of my people your way. Provided you don't mind helping us out once in a while. I doubt I'll be in this part of the city for long after that hit. So if you don't see me around once we get those windows fixed, I'm probably gone."

Deciding not to do the boneless neck thing again since he was aware it'd freak San out, he instead opted to just speak while she listened. "And as for you, Inuzama. I want you to come with me once you're healed. If you used to do work around the place, then I want you to stick with me so I can figure out what to do with you later. Ciri," he turned his attention to the bunny girl, "watch out on your end. Odds are people might come asking you questions about me, you're free to tell them whatever you want but be prepared for them to wreck your place worse than I did if they aren't satisfied. I need to find out who put the hit on me and kick their ass." His clawed hand tightening on the metal pole they were using as a stabilizer.

Only after the train had stopped at their destination did he let go, showing signs of it having been bent. "I'll be taking San to the hospital nearby." He said to the distant building with lights up ahead as they exited the subway station. "It'll be better to get her actually checked up than lug her around. If you want to come with me after we get her admitted, you're welcome to join." He stated to her, then was on the move.

Mentions: N/A

Interactions: Mitchs98 Mitchs98 Merciless Medic Merciless Medic

• San Inazuma
    1645232819010.png

[Current Objective: Eat, Hospital]
    [Location: Hell City, Train > Towards General Hospital]
    [Mood: Content, Anxious]
    [Interactions: Juan, Ciri]
    [Mentions: Katja]

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Mitchs98 Mitchs98

San pressed her forehead back on Juan's upper back as her ear closest to Cirillia twitched. With one eye closed, she peered over at the bunny girl with the eye closest to her and watched her demeanor. As well as getting slightly distracted by how cute her ears were. She didn't know if she could put any amount of trust in her. She seemed to stare at her with almost pity and ridicule when San was talking about herself. Or maybe it was sympathy and confusion. Either way, she didn't know if what she was seeing was one or the other. She's met plenty of cuties who were rather dangerous and she didn't want to get caught up in this rabbit's trouble.

As Ciri responded to Juan's question, San noticed that she seemed to have baggage of her own. One very similar to her's. Maybe it was sympathy she saw. But the fact she was born outside of Hell City... The thought of being anywhere outside of this hell hole made her shiver. San barely remembered what it was like outside of Hell City anymore. How old was she when she moved here? Six? Eight? Maybe twelve? She didn't remember.

She stared at Ciri when she continued to explain her café as they got closer to the train. How she got to that idea with that thought process confused San but wasn't she just doing that a few minutes ago with Juan? Just that instead of the neurotic complexity of her situation, Ciri's was so simple. So sweet. So kind. Why did a girl like her live here let alone stay when they were not even from here? Did she really stay to help or was she terrified of those outside of Hell City because of what she was?

Either way, San regarded Juan as Ciri asked him, her gaze breaking off from Ciri as she pressed her forehead further into his back to quell the throbbing in her head. San wondered what was going through Juan's mind. What he was thinking about when he heard that. Pity? Sympathy? Maybe he'd gone through something similar? Or was it desensitized nothingness?

Her ears flicked towards Juan as he spoke up, interrupting her from her musings that would have gotten much worse if she thought too long on it. She let out a scoff-like chuckle at his statement, nodding to agree. She noticed her lightning had arced into his feathers, how he started feeling far warmer. She was starting to lose herself in the sensation. It felt oddly good, yet she was terrified of that feeling. Was she becoming content again?

When they got into the train, San didn't bother getting down. She was perfect where she needed to be. Sitting on a stranger's back who could kill her if he wanted to but he was being so sweet and kind. It was starting to push past some of her mental defenses. Tugging and pulling to see if they'll break before pushing against it, softly easing her into a false sense of calm and terror that kept her feeling like everything was normal. How?

Was she that weak for protection? For someone stronger than her to protect her?

Juan finally answered Ciri's question, talking about himself. He was born here. Figures. He was so nice. The group he was in charge of... She's only heard rumors. What was it? Did it start with a 'P'? Either way, she didn't have the brain to remember that right now. As for their goals, taking out troublemakers and cleaning up a shithole like Hell City? While it was true San had done something similar in laying waste to those who she deemed a danger to her, it was rather impossible. Though, when he brought up he had nothing to gain by lying, her alarm bells started ringing.

Nothing to lie about, so why bring it up? To show he was trustworthy? Lie about what? Taking over the world? Hell City in general? She didn't know if he'll be helping her with that or what, but... She had to take a leap of faith. A leap of possibly misguided faith, yes, but one nonetheless.

After Juan told Ciri what he'd be doing and that he'll be expecting her help if he sends in his people for food, San's ears flicked again as she was talked to. He wanted to bring her with. So he can figure out what to do with her later.

What the fuck does that mean?

What does he mean by that? 'Figure out what to do with you'. Sounded bad. Either way, San just shrugged, nodding to affirm. At his words though that he needed to find out who put a hit on him, San's hands balled up into fists to grab at the front of his shirt.
    "I... Heard a few things. I don't fully remember right now. I might be able to help. I hear a lot of things, my ears never shut up. I'm able to hear the conversations and tones of those a couple cars away from us." She nodded in the general direction of the front of the train. "Someone's talking about what guns to buy and another one's talking about birth contraceptives."

When the train stopped, San felt relief that Juan was going to take her to the hospital. She poked his shoulder to get his attention, her voice soft.
    "I heard there's a charity ward in the general hospital. I don't have insurance and I normally fix my own wounds. There should be someone there who I can get some good healing for free. Though, how much I trust whoever heals for free is dubious..."

As they made their way to the hospital, San decided to speak a bit more about herself, finding more courage as Juan had spoke about himself earlier. "I will tell you this now, as you are now my client." Her voice grew in strength and confidence. Something she lacked when she was talking about herself earlier. Almost as if she's said this before time and time again, as well as the knowledge she held for him. It slipped in so easily, as if she were putting on a mask effortlessly. "I will literally do anything you ask once I am under your pay and protection. I am mostly about my survival, hence my anxiety and paranoia. I have told other clients before about how I work, of which I'm incredibly picky and give all or most of my details, such as everything I'm telling you now. I watch for their reactions to see if they'll have my best interests at heart or in mind. If not, I kill them when I have the chance; their lives aren't worth keeping for my own benefit if they can't keep me safe. What's the point of having an Errand Girl if she's not going to be safe?" San sighed, her tail slightly wagging now as she got the hang of her own little speech. She even grinned a little. "However, I don't think you'll have a problem with that. You are incredibly strong, hard to kill even. Nigh invincible. Even if I were to sneak into your room to kill you, you'd know I would be there immediately. Vents are too noisy and poison likely won't affect you as much as it should. Your body can also shift and change, making it impossible for me to find your pressure points and weaken you." As she said this, her arms loosened their grip around her neck and then grabbed his shoulders, pressing her forehead into his back to dull the pain still wracking her mind. "Therefore, I am completely at your mercy anyway. I have no need to kill you or to run, just don't make me feel like an expendable minion. This is not me trusting you, but this is me recognizing that you are trustworthy to know the rest of my details. If you hadn't been so kind and forthright, I would have not revealed as much of how I work. I'd doubt you'd have to make me use any of my last resorts. This is just insurance to let you know that I mean it. Either way, I have no business or want to kill you anyway. I even have some information regarding the people who put a hit on you but this concussion is killing me and I can't remember it right now. You're strong, and I mean that in the way that you can protect me if I need it. Not that I'm asking, but it'll be nice."

Yes, nice for once for someone to protect her instead of the other way around.

Katja Galinka

tags: none
1038d798bf57a18febd1511093445edc0b1e33b3.jpg

After the excitement with the family earlier Katja had finished her prayers and decided to get a little bit of sleep. her choices in regard to this were not exactly plentiful as she could ask for a room that was not being used or sleep on a pew. In truth Katja almost always slept on the pews, they weren't comfortable but if she took up a bed then before it could be used the nurses needed to clean it and in her mind there might be some emergency in which they needed it. So it was the Pews with a pillow and sheet were Katja settled most nights. This also had the advantage of her helping any late night visitors the the chapel. The family had come in some time around midnight so with any luck Katja would manage to get a few hours of sleep before anyone else needed her and she got up at 6 am as normal. Not getting quite enough sleep was normal in hospitals and in truth Katja was used to it, but have at least 6 hours every now and then was nice.

Katja's sleeping attire was about as simple as one might expect from someone who lived off hand me downs and the good will of others. While she at least had enough to cover herself fully the fit was lacking in certain areas. While at first the shirts had constricted her chest they had slowly stretched out and while still not exactly comfortable they at least fit in the loosest terms of the word stretching the logo on the front a bit to much. Her pajama pats luckily fit well enough even if they had a hole or two and were a bit faded with childish cartoon. All in all Katja with these clothes, or honestly any of her hand me downs didn't look like what you might expect a healer in a church might, she was no nun or preacher after all. For now she just waited and hoped that she might get some sleep as greedy as such a wish might be.

1645453479826.png
Interactions: Solemn Jester Solemn Jester (Pantheon Team) Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool (Hero Duo)

BloodStocker couldn't help but roll his eyes towards the level of banter he was receiving from these "people". He was mostly annoyed by the earful he received from the blindfolded one, who needed to insist his superiority over him and his kind. If that wasn't bad enough, another faction decides to jump into the mix. The self-proclaimed heroes guild apparently. He wasn't impressed by their "attack first and ask questions later" policy, but thankfully the fireball wasn't exactly an effective attack, especially against some like him. If anything, he was more annoyed by the sword's man prodding and gratuitous monologing. But, he wouldn't have to deal with them alone, a few of his units were already closing in on the area as they spoke.

The Blood Stocker could only sigh with all this profitless conflict around him. A proper introduction was in order. The Blood Stocker puts his middle and index fingers together, gathering red energy into both his fingers. Seconds later, he swings his arm towards the blind man and masked man, temporarily engulfing the two in bright red light. It was amazing what his suit was capable of when using his own blood as fuel. When the dust finally settles, and as the red light finally fades away, it is revealed that two combatants were unharmed, but separated by a long crevasse, that ran across almost the entire length of the junkyard was at least 2 meters deep.

"Now that I have your attention, so far none of us have had any casualties. Let's keep it that way. I don't care what faction you belong to, but know that junker district is under my protection. If you wish to continue the fight so be it, but I don't see why the people here have earned the ire of any side." The junker district was just another district that he had grown fond of, but for its assets and its people, and he wasn't about to let some murder-happy hobos ruin all that. "That being said, I don't see why we can't at least attempt to be civil about all this. Heroes, Vigilantes, whatever it is you call yourselves, why don't we all have talk first." He spoke, as he sat down on an overturned car wreck. It wasn't exactly rocket science to understand that they both wanted something. "So what did you come here to do blind man, kill off some random criminals? Or perhaps you have much bigger to fry? Maybe old Lucy boy?" He asked, while fiddling with the car wreck, he was of course referring to lucifer. If they came here to kill criminals, surely he would be the one they wanted to kill the most. "And what about you heroes? If you really are the do goody two shoe types, surely you must be against the big L as well." He spoke, playfully dusting himself off. He was trying to point out that they may have a common enemy.

Cirillia Vines
fqOhVsO.jpg

Interactions: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic The Regal Rper The Regal Rper
Mentions:

Ciri giggled a little at Juan's comment about odd company. In Hell City that was true more often than it wasn't. Most people here were rather odd in their own right! The trio here...just perhaps a bit odder than was usual. Not that there was anything wrong with that at all, of course. Quite honestly Cirillia liked moments like this. Meeting new friends was always a good thing and something the bunny strove to do as often as possible. Needless to say, the bunny wasn't that special nor strong in the grand scheme of things, so having friends or acquaintances that could come and back her up when it was needed was a good thing. She wasn't exactly a weakling but having some extra help was never discouraged! She was quite surprised about what Juan's group was all about. A vigilante group of sorts bent on taking down the truly bad guys in Hell City? Definitely interesting and they likely did a better job than the so-called 'HCPD'. If what Juan was saying was true anyway, which was dubious at best yet he had no real reason to lie. Once settled on the train Cirillia opted to sit beside the pair getting nice and comfy in her seat.

As more customers were offered in exchange for some help here and there the bunny grinned eagerly, "Hehehe, that'd be great! I don't plan on joining in any official capacity but I'm sure I could help out some." She replied happily. "I might not look it but I can kick some butt." She stated with a confident nod. It was about now she noticed San staring at her ears which caused that grin of hers to widen a little. "You can touch them if you wanna." She offered. She didn't mind at all so long as she was gentle and didn't suddenly electrocute her or something like that. That'd be pretty bad. That look she had been giving the wolf though was certainly one of sympathy. She understood all too well what she had gone through. Even though their experiences varied at the core of things they shared very similar backstories.

A low chuckled emanated from Cirillia as Juan spoke of more people potentially coming and wrecking her place in the process of questioning her, an eerily calm and far too gentle close-eyed smile forming on her lips. "Oh, don't worry, I'm capable of handling myself so long as they aren't like you or that lady with the psychic shield." She spoke calmly. There were certain powers and abilities she just couldn't go toe to toe with. But the majority she at least felt confident she had a fighting chance with to some degree. She of course would run and hide when needed though if she believed it possible she would stand her ground to defend what was hers without a second thought.

Her demeanor quickly shifted back to normal as she popped another candy in her mouth with a soft hum, listening to the wolf gal atop the bird-man speak. "Oooh, you have super good hearing too huh? Neato~!" She spoke excitedly, her big fluffy ears swiveling around ever so slightly. "It gets really annoying but I sorta learned how to control mine a bit more...maybe I could help sometime." She offered. Yet, she wasn't sure just how her genetics were done. So it was possible that it was impossible for San to learn such a thing. "Don't worry lean mean mercenary machine, we'll get ya healed up one way or another." She assured her. If the whole charity thing didn't pan out she was sure they would find something to get her patched up. Hearing her devotion to whoever she worked for was pretty intense. She couldn't say that she felt the same. Frankly, she would just bail in her shoes if someone made her do something she didn't want to do! What were they gonna do, run after her? Ha!

"Soo....what made you decide to start your vigilante group?" She asked Juan, quite curious. If starting a cafe in Hell City was out of place starting some sort of group meant to truly help Hell City on a whole definitely was!

01.jpg

Icarus "Cyber Warrior"
Location: On the move > The streets where Alistair is walking
Interactions: TreasureSniper TreasureSniper (Blood Stocker) Mitchs98 Mitchs98 (Alistair)
Mentions: Solemn Jester Solemn Jester @RedArmyShogun @EmperorsChosen (He has drones that are close to your Pantheon guys)
Side note - I was most of the way through with this post by the time TreasureSniper made his reply so instead of rewriting the whole thing and likely taking even longer than I already am to post I just continued on and made some slight adjustments so hopefully it doesn't feel all too out of place..
-----------------------------------
Running sucks, ugh! How the other 'heroes' ran around all day and night from one crime scene to the next was beyond his understanding. He liked to keep in shape, but god, at what cost?! Of course he wasn't taking the normal route around the city, instead of taking to the streets and sidewalks like some casual plebian, Icarus took to the rooftops of buildings instead. If there was one physical activity he was confident in, it was his ability to climb buildings and hop between rooftops - of a great many things Icarus was afraid of: heights was not one of them. Still, climbing up to these rooftops and hopping between them was quickly draining away at his stamina...It was about this moment he thought it might be worth investing in a more effective means of transportation, though he loathed the thought of having to go out again after this...

From outside his mask didn't look like much, but from within the view was quite different. Like a holographic computer screen displayed in front of him, he was able to tap into all of the drones he had set up across all of Hell City and use it to access the systems of his home 'mother computer' at a moment's notice, so he could attempt to hack into just about any technological system he looked at. Right now however he was using it as a means to see through the eyes of his drones and security feeds.

His drones by Junker City were hovering above the scene of an abrupt battle between the heroes Baron Bizarre & Arbiter of Death, and the Pantheon. They sure didn't waste time engaging, but he supposed that couldn't be helped given the Pantheon's reputation for ruthlessly cutting down anything they view as vaguely corrupt. It also gave Icarus an opening to hone one of his drones in onto Blood Stocker's location, sending it down to relay his message audibly "Sup' Stockings! It's your lucky freaking day!! You got three choices here, and you better make it quick: 1. Haul your ass out of this joint, 2. Take your chances with sticking around these zealot freaks, ooorrrr 3. Come with me and more than likely you'll live." his voice cut off and the drone started slowly hovering back into an alleyway leading away from the fight, waiting just long enough to let the man known as 'Blood Stocker' make their decision.

Back on the rooftops, Icarus sighed, he hoped that work, maybe it wasn't such a good idea giving him the option? Well, it was too late to take it back now, it was down for him to decide. At worst he could just go back to the Master and say 'I tried', it couldn't be as if whatever grand plan he had in mind solely relied on his success alone, or at least he surely hoped not. Another matter he was more interested in right now was the matter of Alistair, who he continued to keep visual tabs on even after Alistair had left Jones Tech. He had an idea, an idea that under normal circumstances he'd abhor but right now, it was his only form of contingency plan if the Blood Stocker decided to turn down the Heroes Guild's offer.

~ Sometime later ~
Icarus promised himself that after tonight, he would start thinking of a better means of transportation than hopping over rooftops, which he decided then and there seemed a lot easier in all the comic books he read than it was in reality. But after all that, he made it close to where he wanted to be - right in the way of Alistair's path. Hopping down from the building he was in, he kept a visual eye on Alistair from the sky via his drones and waited for him before walking out onto the street from one of the alleyways and stepping out in front of Alistair. This was the first time since he became 'Icarus' that he stepped out in front of someone like this and beneath the mask's confident demeanour he felt naked and exposed.

"Sup Alistair Garish, I thought it was time we met. You know nothing about me, but I know everything there is to know about you 'The Appraiser', my eyes are everywhere and one wrong move against me will unleash hell on you." that last part was a complete lie, he did indeed have eyes everywhere but his drones were not designed to kill, but he was relying on Alistair not knowing this information and call his bluff "Anyway, not that I'm here to pick a fight or anything, I actually had the opposite in mind...Willing to hear me out?" he said as he stood with one hand in his pocket and another adjusting his headset.

45a8f180323760f3536a66a231d876a9.jpg
c1ec8d30b2d5296c219370adf6b6af9b.jpg

Fredrick 'Freddy' Thomson "Boy Toy" & Viktor Krieg "Bolt-Surge"
Interactions: @RedArmyShogun
As the two "heroes" busted their way inside the expectations for the clowns was about what they expected, empty, lonely, very little signs of activity, indeed the bulk of members they had left were gone to the prison and it seemed only one was here. A tall imposing man, gloved in a great coat, hat, mask thick soled boots and heavy gloved hands. In his left casually rested a war hammer, with what looked to be golden inlays. He stood passively, glancing at the two as they entered, speaking with rhythm and rhyme.

"My what boars, breaking down the doors. Fools too early the king yet returns. Clear yourselves from my floors. Haste makes waste, but waste is your taste. Should you wish to join then return on the morrow. Or your bones shall be ground into sorrow." Readying his hammer to strike the giant of a man speaks out once more.

"O' rounded fool, join this battle or silk off in your prattle. Come out to play before I lead them all away."
"Oh shit! He's definitely crazy!" Freddy said brazenly with a cocky smile plastered over his doll-like face and a pointed figure at the man in the greatcoat, and stepping up in front of him was Viktor who was taking the situation much more seriously. He spun the bolt screwed in through his skull, and he stared at Brutus through the glimmer of his glasses "What did I tell you Freddy? Take this more seriously and don't let your eyes off of him." Viktor lectured Freddy then directed his next words to the Clown in the greatcoat "I've heard of you, 'Brutus the Brute', they say that you're quite the successful 'hunter', if circumstances were different I would have been very interested in studying you further.." he now moved his hand to adjust his glasses while his other hand moved to take out something from beneath his dirty and ragged labcoat "But as you maybe guessed we aren't here for pleasantries, though before we send those of you remaining into the next life, I will introduce us: this here is my pupil, the Class B Hero 'Boy Toy', and I am the Class A Hero 'Bolt-Surge'."

Freddy shifted into a combat-ready position with the same cocky smile on his face as he called out to the hammer-wielding clown before him "Hey! I hear your boss or whatever is the type of guy with lots of tricks up his sleeve, am I right!? Well, me and him have that in common! Tell me, what would he think of this!?!" with both hands he reached underneath either side of his jacket, bringing out three rubber balls in each hand which were held between his fingers. Then with a wild sparkle in his eyes, he swiped the air and threw the rubber balls, sending them bouncing off the surfaces of their surroundings and rebounding back at Brutus from all different directions with the balls set to explode upon reaching his vicinity. Meanwhile, Viktor stood back with his hand covering the disappointment on his face "For once in your life I wish you'd take my advice Freddy, now I have no choice.." the hand turning his bolt like a dial started going haywire as electricity started to build up around Viktor's head.

2a4118de9bb737dfef69815c238c5799.jpg

Iggzy Biggzy, the Fat Dwarf
Interactions: @RedArmyShogun (Brutus)
Mentions:
Deep down in the gloomy, smelly dungeons below the Happy Hotel: otherwise known as the dwelling of Iggzy Biggzy the Clown. Jackie's incarceration took quite the toll on poor Biggzy, without his oh so gracious lord around to guide him he had felt lost. Jackie was both like a son and a father to Iggzy, and the thought of him being tucked away in some dull prison-like Cold Gate was enough to drive him on the brink of well...Sanity!!! So, in order to sustain his need for a Jackie in his life, while the real one was locked up, Iggzy had gone out to create his own.

Iggzy sat in front of the half-peeled corpse of a man propped up in makeup and hairspray to match the likeness of his idol, Jackie, while he had himself a snack of juicy and fat rats he snatched from the sewer tunnels that connected to his dungeon. The false 'Jackie' was chained up so that it looked like he was standing and while Iggzy swallowed the rats whole, he talked to the false Jackie as if he were the real thing.

They talked about a long list of things. Things like, what's your favorite way to slice a belly open? What's your favorite bone to break? What home-cooked meal did your momma make? Y'know, the normal kind of stuff! Of course, it was more of a one-sided question, being that the Jackie he was talking to was really just the chained up corpse of some random poor sod but it felt to Iggzy this was the only thing he could do to keep his faculties together until his master inevitably returned...

It was while he was in a rather enlightening and deep conversation with fake-Jackie that his sensitive ears started to twitch at the voice of a particular rhyming clown: Brutus the Brute, or as the Coterie knew him the 'Clown of Judgement', or as he was known by Iggzy - archnemesis for the position of Jackie's most faithful goon.
"O' rounded fool, join this battle or silk off in your prattle. Come out to play before I lead them all away."
"You hear that Jaspah m'lord? There be intruders in our midst! You just sit Jaspah lord, leave this to ole Iggzy Biggzy to handle! HYUUUUK!!" he said affectionately to fake-jackie before going into a berserk coughing fit. Leaping up onto the ceiling where he crawled into a hatch leading up to the interior of Happy Hotel's lobby. He'd skulk within the shadows of the lobby, and scale up the sides to the second level balcony that looked over the lobby where he found the 'intruders'. It was two self-proclaimed heroes who were sent to...Exterminate them? Didn't sound so heroic, not that Iggzy cared either way. He lumped his fat ass onto the balcony's rail and shouted out to Brutus just as one of the heroes began their attack "Awh Brutus boyo! Methinks someone of your 'calibre' can handle this on his own, eh!?" he said with a croaked voice and yet clear undertones of sarcasm "I'mma just sit by and have a snack while I enjoy tha show!" he said and cackled as he took out another live rat wriggling underneath his ripped blue coat. Iggzy had no intentions of helping Brutus, oh no, why would he!? Brutus may be an ally to Jackie, but to Iggzy he was a rival.

Last edited:
Scarlet Jones

With her plan of calling her childhood friend who has seemingly disappeared out the window, she needed advice or something like that. She needed either a pre-made mechanism that worked closely to how she wanted to or find another person who she could ask. It took her awhile to think of someone cause she doubted there was a premade mechanism that worked like that. Her father and brother were busy with the company and her mother didn't know much about technology, so she felt like she was kind of out of options, that was until someone popped into her head. The man she just met with earlier today, Alistar Garish, Scarlet felt like an idiot for not thinking of him first. Alistar has the name of 'The Appraiser' in Hell City, if there was a mechanism like that on the market, Alistar would be the person to ask. 'Maybe there is a mechanism like that after all.' Scarlet thought to herself. Aside from asking about the mechanism for the project, it would be a good time to make sure he got that list of materials that she sent over earlier when the board meeting ended. From her workstation, she went over to her computer and decided to just give him a call. Texting him would have worked, but she knew her mind wouldn't rest easy until she got a reply.

Ringing Alistar made her anxious slightly, if he didn't know anyone who had it, she would be back to square one. Once he picked up, Scarlet got right to the point.
"Alistar!" She probably said a little bit too loud for both of them, but this couldn't wait. "I sent you over a blueprint for a project I'm working on. Do you think there is a mechanism like the one I'm looking for on the market?" She got straight to the point. "Oh! And I also sent you a list of materials the company needs earlier, I'm going to need an estimated price soon, so once you have a chance to look that over, it would be great to know." She finished, but said all of this in quick succession of each other as to finally get it off of her chest, that Alistar didn't have a chance to respond until after she finished saying everything. She didn't check in on him before calling, so she didn't know what was going on in Alistar's end.

Mentions: Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Mitchs98 Mitchs98

Havoc
~Near General Hospital~

So the two had an understanding. It was something to ponder over during the ride. While it was clear from the exchange between Ciri and San that they had clear differences in what led them to their respective lives now, it was pretty clear to Juan that they also shared some damning similarities. Hell City had a way of just making that happen. Only difference here was the three of them weren't trying to kill each other.

He was not lost on the idea that San was essentially at his mercy. He didn't need to be some form of empath to detect how much this unnerved and also somewhere deep down, sparked hope in her. The aspect of being killed if he did ever erode her trust in him, something he could tell wasn't even strong to begin with despite what she was saying, was not lost on him either. It hadn't been the first time he'd hired someone and then have them turn around and try to kill him and his peers. Some acting as agents for another group he'd harmed in the past. Others acting because of the bounty on his head from other parts of Hell City on the side.

"You'll have my support where it counts." Was all he told San in response. "I won't make you do anything you don't want to do. Where is the hospital." He stated as they reached the building and entered inside. Juan having to lower himself slightly as he walked in. "And a charity healer?"

It was not the first he'd heard of something like that. Some churches hosted healers, ranging from the scientific to the supernatural. Some hospitals allowed a few groups in one of the District's he'd been at to offer their services for no charge. He had one healer of the more supernatural sort among his own number. Yet the idea of entering this place and seeking out a healer specifically when it was possible they might already have their hands full in a place like Hell City...he was doubtful to say the least.

Though hearing Ciri's question gave him something else to focus on. Even as they walked past pews and made their way further into the building per San's instructions.

"I'll answer that later." He informed her. "Too many ears around" was his crpytic reply.

Interactions: Mitchs98 Mitchs98 Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Karcen Karcen

San Inazuma
1645916580314.png

[Current Objective: Eat, Heal]
[Location: Hell City, General Hospital]
[Mood: Anxious]
[Interactions: Juan, Ciri, Katja]
[Mentions: N/A]

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Mitchs98 Mitchs98 Karcen Karcen

Before they left the train, Ciri stated she can kick some butt and then noticed San was staring at her ears. With a sudden rising blush out of embarrassment, San hid her face. "I-I'm good... Thanks... I don't wanna hurt you."

Even though she really wanted to pet them, she best not accidentally shock her.

But her confidence and realistic account of her own fighting prowess led San to believe she was actually far more of a fighter than San had first thought. She had also noticed the tone changing, her sounding different. Was... Did she go through something similar? A psychotic break? San was starting to find kinship in another mutated person, and she didn't know if that was a good idea. They may fuel each other. That was when she pointed out she can hear just as well, and San nodded in both the answer to her rhetorical question and to agree with her next statement, now looking at her ears again as they adorably swiveled. San then shook her head on the offer of help. While it would be nice, she's learned that her mind can process and interpret lots of sound at a faster rate than normal. So that would be more detrimental to her survival, even if she had to worry about burnout. The assurance was sweet though.

As they left the train, San scowled in confusion amidst her pain as Juan spoke.
Support? Wait, really? San leaned to the side and stared at the side of Juan's avian head incredulously. Why was she surprised that he was that helpful? Of course he was. She pointed towards the directions Juan had to go to reach the hospital. She didn't know if Ciri would actually join and the prospect she might may or may not help with her anxiety. Then again, she noticed Juan seemed to not only have a liking towards herself, but the bunny girl, as well. Would she actually join then?

Either way, San dipped lower to avoid the doorway's restrictive height, pointing to the stairs that led below the hospital floor. The receptionist seemed to notice and let them pass, though she had an eye on Juan the entire time. The doctors and nurses were running around with patients, but the path to the stairs that led below the hospital and to the hidden church underneath were practically devoid of people.

As they entered the dark church lit by candles, San gripped Juan's sides so she can slide off. As she landed on the floor with a bit of a swing, she looked around to find the church was practically evacuated, but there was the old smell of burning flesh. Likely some burned victims were brought here, close to death.
"It smells like fiery death." San's tail stiffened as she walked forward. Her teeth gritted as she searched along the pews to find the person she was told to go to if she ever had an injury and she had no insurance. She gruffly called out, her voice dipping to a sort of primal edge to bite back the anxiety she held. "H-Hey, I'd like to get some healing in." She then noticed there was an altar of some sort of deity and effigies.

San can feel her anxiety and fear spiking as a cold shiver ran down her spine. Who lived down here? Was she an omen, too? Did she have powers from the deity? With fear she looked around with trepidation, her electricity sparking almost out of control from her hands and tail now.

Katja Galinka

tags: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Mitchs98 Mitchs98

Katja had quickly drifted off to sleep, her power didn't really drain her, but when you had to take what little sleep you could get you learned to get to sleep very fast. Dreams however, did not come so easily, while she had slept all Katja could remember as a voice woke her up in darkness. She had in her mind just closed her eyes and now she was being woken up. Time had passed and she knew it, but not much she must have barely gotten an hour if she had not time to dream. Still if someone had come down then they must be in need. This also alerted Katja to the fact she had not put out the candles which despite what someone might think were actually just scented candles to deal with smells instead of anything ceremonial. They did cast the whole Chapel in an odd light letting one's mind play a bit too much if you were already worked out. In truth the layout was simple: the room was a rectangle with space by the door then several rows of pews then a space and a raised channel that was only a step above the rest of the floor, where the alatar was along with the few things needed to conduct small services. Above the altar was a symbol most should know a cross, though in a small room off to the side were other symbols of major religions as this place had the serve to all faiths even if none really believed anymore.

Kata soon sat up with a yawn blinking and took in the three people, two women and one man, not exactly her normal visitors as the homeless were mostly men and women were often dressed in a more revealing manner. Katja did not judge them for such things; that was what they had to do and she healed all those that came to her. One of them, a woman with wolfish ears, had gone the closest to the altar and seemed to be the injured party, though with the electricity she was giving off it was hard to tell.

Ah morning” Katja said after the wolf woman confirmed she was the one in need of healing. “ I am sorry I was not awake to greet you, it is rather late” Katja explained as she got up from the pew with a soft smile on her lips.

If one of you wouldn’t mind, could you go to the doors and flick the switch and turn on the lights?” Katja asked her sweet tone, caring nothing about her from her words to the way she walked towards the wolf girl spoke of any danger. It was not like normal where everyone in hell city was guarded, each wary of the other.” A church can look intimidating in the dark even if it is a place where all are always welcome” She explained not talking down to the others or mocking the scared wolf girl simply seeking to make the girl less scared.

Katja Drew close to the wolf girl and the jolts of electricity jumped from the injured girl to Katja herself yet she didn’t pull back. In truth her caring sweet expression didn’t change, despite being caused pain Katja had only aid in her mind and unlike others she had no protection from the jolts. A quick glance from closer to the woman told Katja the injury was on her head and not exactly life threatening, at least externally. The woman had done something to her head and the effects of head injury Katja jhad learned were not always visible or instantaneous. There might be more to it but that was the most apparent thing to Katja.

Katja held out a hand still receiving a jolt, but ignoring them as if their savior could endure his pain then she could as well. “ Please take my hand and pray with me.” Katja said her tone, not commanding it, was clearly just more good will. “ if you don’t want to then you don’t have to, you will still be healed” She clarified as some might think it was mandatory and well even with her tone Katja had found some had rejected the very idea and left right away.

Alistair Garish

Lt4aihw.jpg

Interaction: Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool (Icarus) kakemha kakemha
Mentions:
Stored Heat: 7%

Alistair's eyes scanned the immediate area around him as he calmly headed towards the location of a meeting with a client that was scheduled a bit later that night. He had plenty of time to get there so he was taking a more leisurely stroll for once. The meeting with Scarlet had gone about as well as expected and the prospect of helping the young inventor with the mechanism she had planned could prove interesting side work whenever she was ready to do so. He would make time for it whenever Scarlet decided to contact him for his aid, if she did, at the very least. His journey was soon halted by Icarus appearing in front of him, the man raising a brow ever so slightly and gripping his cane just a bit more firmly. He wasn't quite sure what to expect though was prepared to defend himself if need be. The sensors in his eyes went wild analyzing Icarus to get a gauge on his intentions as well as access general records of the so-called 'Cyber Warrior'. While he lacked any specifics that would particularly aid him, he at least was able to glean his name. Everything else was obscure, in-specific. He was a hacker, one that worked for various gangs and corporations, that was now approaching him for some reason. His general demeanor was slightly nervous, yet calm and composed.

To his knowledge, he wasn't one to murder people however given the masked person before him was a hacker it wasn't far-fetched to think that he would wipe any such records or quell any rumors about it with relative ease. The calculations continued to run while Icarus spoke though were incomplete due to the sheer lack of information on him as well as the mask he wore. Annoying... He thought. He often demanded people that wore masks take them off in his presence for those same reasons yet he wasn't able to demand it of Icarus. What annoyed him, even more, was the fact Icarus seemed to know more about him than he did of Icarus already putting himself at a disadvantage. He gauged the seriousness of his threat to be about a sixty-percent chance to be genuine, for now deciding not to risk it, and instead hear him out.

He was about to answer until his phone rang causing him to let out a small sigh. Alistair held up a single digit and swiftly grabbed his phone answering the call, the loud shout on the other end caused him to wince slightly. Scarlet. It seemed the inventor had quickly decided to go ahead with her plans, after all, needing his aid in acquiring a part and a price. It was somewhat hard to keep up with her with how fast she was speaking though he managed well enough. "Hmm...I'll have to do a little digging for the mechanism, however, I should be able to get a price list for the materials together after my meeting with a client." He spoke. "As for you, what is it exactly that you want?" Of course, directing this particular question towards Icarus. Of all the times for her to call... The man internally sighed. He didn't mind helping her one bit, getting interrupted simply annoyed him, though he didn't chastise her for it given she had no real way of knowing the current situation.

Cirillia Vines
fqOhVsO.jpg

Interactions: Karcen Karcen The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Merciless Medic Merciless Medic
Mentions:

Cirillia giggled a little as San blushed at her offer and her noticing just how hard she was staring at her fluffy pink ears. "Hmm, suit yourself!" She replied with a small shrug. She was sure she could handle a few minor jolts of electricity, fluffy fur was a good insulator after all! She was a tiny bit upset about her turning down the offer to help her learn how to control her heightened hearing better but was sure San had her reasons. Maybe she was simply used to it by now? Who knew, regardless it was none of her business to get too personal given they'd just met. Even if they had all already gotten pretty personal with the information they'd given one another so far.

Once off the train, the bunny gal would slowly nod at Juan's rather cryptic reply. Normally she'd be super annoyingly persistent about getting the answers she sought, however, given the abilities Juan had she opted against it. For now, anyways. It was entirely possible she'd poke and prod him for a proper response before too long! It was just how she did things!

Cirillia hadn't really decided on whether or not she would join the pair yet, helping out here and there was one thing but committing herself to a group was another. She had her current life to consider after all, not to mention she really wasn't in the business of doing anything that would risk waking her more sadistic side again. Though she was sure she would get the same dual Juan had given San, not forcing her into anything...it was still a fairly dicey situation that she wasn't going to make rashly. Unlike the wolf girl, she wasn't particularly desperate for money or a job after all. She too was rather curious about which particular charity care service San had intended on visiting and using, though not unheard of they were distinctly uncommon. Those that could heal usually asked for a varying amount of payment, often rather expensive payment instead of a selfless act.

Once inside the hospital, she looked around curiously at all the people darting around, still plopping candy into her mouth whenever the most recent finished dissolving. She had to admit going down some stairs under the building was pretty sketchy and she didn't much like the feel of it! Especially when it led to a somewhat creepy-looking church that smelled like several people or animals had just been lit on fire. It totally screamed 'this is a cult, get out now' to her but hey, San was willing to come here so surely it was somewhat safe? Right?

It wasn't until Katja woke up that she actually noticed the woman was there causing Ciri to squeak slightly in surprise at her seemingly sudden appearance. "You aren't kidding, this place is pretty spooky." Cirillia replied honestly when Katja requested someone to go turn on the lights. Which she quickly did, the quick pink blur of a bunny racing over to turn the lights on as requested. It was pretty much night and day in terms of the aesthetics of the room once the lights were turned on. "Now, see, this is much better. No more spooky eerie cult vibes." She spoke, nodding slightly. "So how are you gonna heal her?" She asked, tilting her head curiously.

She didn't see any medical equipment and when prayer was mentioned she had her doubts. While she did believe in such things and all, she fully doubted that it would have much impact on immediately healing San. The only reasonable assumption was that Katja possessed some form of omen that was perhaps related to the divine.

San Inazuma1646455037206.png

[Current Objective: WHAT THE FUCK??]
[Location: Hell City, General Hospital Chapel]
[Mood: Terrified]

San's eyes flicked over to the nun-looking woman leaving one of the pews, the squeaking from Ciri making her ears flick towards her before pointing towards Katja as she rose. The first thing that came to mind was that the pew must have not been comfortable to sleep on. There were hardly any comfy seats for even a comfortable rest. The second thing was the woman seemed way too polite. Alarm bells rang in her head as she realized how sweet she was. It terrified her, her tail already between her legs and her ears pinned back.
"U-uh... Yeah, pretty late, y-you're good, though."

San watched Katja warily, the lights being turned on by Ciri. Though, while it wasn't too spooky by Ciri's standards, the church look still horrified San. This lady was getting closer with such reckless sweetness. She drew close, yet as the lightning arced towards her, she didn't flinch. She didn't jump away. She didn't pull back. She didn't do anything that normal people would do.

Pinpricks of tears dotted the corners of her eyes as she forced herself to stay still with sheer willpower, her thighs pressed together and squishing her tail in fear as she held her hands to her chest. Her eyes bore into Katja's own sweet ones with terror, her pupils becoming saucers as her frown pulled down further in a terrified expression.
"How... How a-are you n-n-not... Hurt?" Her tone was so fearful, it wavered so much it barely hit the baseline her voice had held earlier when talking to Juan about herself.

She looked at Katja's proffered hand, then back up to Katja. She shook her head, her entire body shaking as more lightning arced from her to prickle at Katja's skin like angry pinching.
"I... I c-can't, you're al-already t-too cl-close..."

If she didn't need help and if this woman wasn't so helpful and sweet, San would have killed her. "I-... J-Just d-d-do it qu-quick, please." She whimpered, bearing and grating her teeth as she watched Katja like a cornered, caged, abused animal. Katja was too comforting. Ciri and Juan had a sense of dangerous mystery she felt normal around, keeping her at a normal sense of wariness and caution enough to trick herself into being near calm. Katja, on the other hand, was too sweet, too hospitable, too dangerous in her eyes. She can't be comfortable around Katja, for fear this sweetness will allude to a more devilish side to this woman that will catch San off guard and potentially kill her.

This woman was not normal.

Katja Galinka

tags: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Mitchs98 Mitchs98

Katja did notice how scared San seemed to be and didn’t really get why she would be so. Katja could not think of anything alarming she could have done and tended to try to be as non threatening as possible. She was a pacifist, the kind who didn’t raise anything beyond her voice even in self defense. So how San was so scared Katja could only assume was the fact she was in a hospital, well she was in a hospital’s chapel but still it was a hospital and plenty of people, mostly children, feared the doctor no matter what.

When San asked her if the lightning didn’t hurt Katja smiled, it did hurt. It was really annoying in truth. Katja could have told San her normal reasoning, but the girl already scared might get more freaked out as religious sayings didn’t seem well known in hell city. “ It hurts, each jolt is a painful pinch, but I have seen others endure worse. Before you came a family was burned so much their bones themselves were burned, and yet they lived. If others can somehow endure such pain before they were healed, how can I complain about pinches?” Katja explained and she didn’t lie, it wasn't her religious reasoning, but she had learned how much pain others had endured and to complain about hers would just feel petty.

As for the holding of hands and a prayer, while some might be insulted by the rejections, katja understood that such things were not for everyone and that was why she had told san it was not needed. Katja did want to try to calm San some. Katja could not help but somehow feel guilty as San spoke as she seemed to only get more and more scared and Katja did feel she had done something wrong. That would have to wait though.

Okay” Katja said, her tone never moving away from being sweet and understanding, no hint of anger at any of San’s actions or words. Katja clasped her hands together and lowered her head. The prayer would be a simple one, the lord’s prayer the most common one anyone would know. “ Are father who art in heaven hallowed by your name.” Katja started and for the first word or two nothing happened then San and the others would notice a soft golden light around san and if they were close enough around them as well. “ Thy kingdom come, they will be done” The glow got stronger and tiredness and fatigue started to melt away, soreness faded and any lingering pains from minor wounds new and old faded. “ On earth as it is in heaven ” The wounds sand suffered would start to close and any pressure from inside her skull disappeared as the wounds on the outside were healed “ Give us this daily bread and And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us;” Any old injures broken bones that had healed slightly off, or even healed perfectly were made new as scar tissue faded “ And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil Amen” Katja finished using a more modern and shorter version which cut out a few lines as the healing should be done.

Katja looked up and back to the others and unclasped her hands “ Good as new” She said the leaving was over “ If you come again, as you are welcome to do so you will be more comfortable. I do not know what I did but I am sorry for making you uncomfortable.” Katja apologized, truly thinking she had somehow done something wrong to San and not realized it.

Havoc
~Church Hospital~

He'd never admit it to Ciri's face but that squeak she made was actually kind of cute. Cute enough he had the powerful urge to tease her about it. Some of that was partially due to the literal glee the beast that was his power felt at sensing her moment of startlement, fueling his desire to antagonize her, but the other part was just genuinely finding her reaction cute and that latter feeling ultimately crushed the psychopathic tendency to do more harm than good. The urge to smirk at her, was spared due to the fact beaks didn't have the appropriate ability to display facial expressions correctly.

Though when she went to go turn on the lights he couldn't help but think it'd be nice to pay her a visit again some time.

Bunny café owners were a rarity after all and having her as a future contact wouldn't be bad. Didn't hurt that she wasn't bad looking either, mutations be damned, he'd long since stopped caring about 'normal' appearances given the forms he could take in general.

He couldn't help but find everything about this current situation odd though, even as the lighters were turned on and light shed a brighter view to the area. There were doctors, and more importantly, from watching the interaction alone, San clearly didn't know who this person was or have any prior contact with them before this. It was grapevine info she was working off of here. Though clearly the nun, priestess, religious acolyte or whatever pious title she had that was synonymous, clearly, she meant no harm. He sensed nothing from her that showed it. Just this...very peculiar vibe that left him feeling neither good or bad and he didn't think that was a feeling he liked at all.

Though Ciri's question did hold merit. How exactly was Katja going to heal the merc for hire? He wanted to see it. The fact her power didn't seem to require the user's consent or something made it interesting and the fact she was completely unaffected from the feeling of San's electrical jolts made him wonder if she was immune as an effect of her power or if it was something else at work keeping her immune to the burns she should be feeling and the paralysis she should be enduring.

The priestess' own response however confirmed to him that she wasn't as immune as he thought. Deciding that wouldn't do, the fact she wasn't even visibly displaying the actual pain that should be causing him- made Juan squint at her. Either way sensing Inuzama's inner turmoil begin to rise, getting closer to San and activating his own power, he began siphoning off some of her electrical energy to reduce those that would strike Katja all together as she began her prayer. The electrical pulses that flowed out of San's body, would get pulled away from Katja back towards his body and absorbed into the feathers of the giant avian bird man in a warm pale orange glow across his feathers when electrical charges made contact with the fur.

Reaching out to keep her calm, he placed one large hand on her shoulder gently and gave her back a gentle rub to try to get her to relax a bit. Silent but present. Saying nothing but merely offering his presence till the healing was over.

San Inazuma1646463523702.png

[Current Objective: WHY THE FU- What's that?]
[Location: Hell City, General Hospital Chapel]
[Mood: Terrified, Confused]

San noticed just how confused the girl was to see her so fearful of her. Yet, she didn't want to say anything. Yet, then Katja said that the electricity does hurt, but she was bearing it. Her resolve must have been strong. San blinked a few times, both in awe and terror of how resolute she was. Still, while it didn't terrify her anymore that she wasn't actually invincible, the power that fell upon San in glorious light scared her witless.

She didn't know why she was praying, this 'god' having been forgotten in the tests of time her mind had endured being morphed into the mercenary she became. Otherwise, she would have recognized it. Still, it scared her so much.

Then, she felt something pulling her electricity from Katja and watched as they arced into Juan's feathers, his body glowing. Her eyes widened upon seeing him, very distracted now that Juan was approaching her. She cowered a little, her body leaning away from him until he set a hand on her shoulder. It was sweet, yet the confusion her body went through from his body sucking up her lightning and her fear of him hurting her if she so much as moved away made the sweetness a ghost of a touch. A ghost of a memory. She wanted to keep it that way.

Oh, now she had to stay, didn't she?

For fear that she'd get hurt if she moved, she squinted her eyes shut and looked away and down, her lips pressed into a thin line as her hands clasped together became white from exertion and how tight she was holding herself. Then she felt the scrapes heal, the minor injuries she accumulated disappear, the throbbing pain in her head fade as well as the growing bump that would have formed, the ache and tiredness her body felt eased.

San had been paying close attention to this prayer, thankful the light disappeared and thankful she was healed. Yet, she still found the woman terrifying. The woman sounded like she was asking for why the wolf lady was terrified of her. Holding herself in a self hug, San looked away as she admitted her fears, which was a common occurrence for her.

"I... I am terrified of sweet gestures. Because I don't know when the sweetness will lead to betrayal." Feeling almost compelled to, she told more of herself. "I used to have a family. Used to have a life. Then a scientist found me as we moved next to him in Hell City, got my trust and respect, and soon made my family crumble so he can have me to himself. I lost peace with my family. I didn't know." She shook her head, a scowl on her face. "Then his niceties and his training all went sour as he turned me into this." She accentuated with a nervous tick of her tail swishing before it grew still. "I then knew everything. I lost peace with him. I was forced to be his Errand Girl." Her voice grew dark then, becoming more of a growl as she held anger and resentment, nails digging into her arms. "I killed him." Her voice became normal, fearful, but wavered less. Her fingers eased their harsh grip. "But now it's all I know, the fear, the anxiety, the killing. I can't go back to feeling peace because it'll just be robbed from me again. I don't want to go through that a third time. So, you being hospitable, sweet, kind. It's too dangerous for my own good. You aren't scary, it's how you would make me feel. I'm sorry..." She backed away, not looking at anyone anymore as she wanted to get away. "We should get going and eat. I can eat a horse, I'm so hungry."

As she backed away, she began to remember who she had heard talking about the bounty on Juan's head. "Stakers." She said to no one in particular, as it wouldn't make sense unless they knew what the name meant, but she looked up at Juan with a grateful look before taking her leave from the chapel.

5a415f5a6b932596dfd06202f9b39351.jpg

Grimmwuar Judast
Featuring Character(s): Kozoru Kazuya
Location: District 111 "Hell's Rest" (Check Gangs/Locations tab and look for 'Sinny & Solly's' Locations for reference)
Interactions: N/A
Mentions: Uasal Uasal
Grimmwuar wanted information, and Hell City being as vast as it was, there was only one place he knew about where he could find it: District 111, otherwise known as "Hell's Rest". A place where everyone was welcome, as long as they abided by the rules of the district which strictly prohibited any form of violence. It was a place all sorts of people gathered, and the only safe place for criminals on all sides to congregate. Of course, Grimmwuar wasn't too big on the whole 'no fighting' rule, but he respected the man who ran Hell's Rest well enough to abide by it just like everyone else did...

In the streets of Hell's Rest, holographic floats hang above the streets of the district which embodies the architecture of a foreign land and Grimmwuar found himself making a b-line right for the illustrious nightclub located at District 111's centre called "Hell's Respite". He entered the club to the sound of live bands who would play in the club throughout the night. Whispers or whether this kid was even old enough to step inside the doors moved around the room before a man who appeared entirely made up of pure flame stepped behind the bar and waved Grimmwuar over to the bar as he finished up a round of orders for some of his patrons.
028110b1e3e3f99bc87f98fcfb37d6e2.jpg

"Hey Grim! It's nice to still see you in one piece, what brings you to Hell's Rest? It better not be to start trouble...Again..." the fiery man's name was Kozoru and at the end of his sentence, his brow furrowed into a serious stare that struck Grimmwuar who rubbed the back of his neck in a slightly embarrassed manner "Yeah, yeah - won't happen together, whatever! Now you know what I'm here for! I'm looking for that bastard...The Warden of Cold Gate Prison."

Kozoru's frown deepened, and he seemed disappointed "You should give up the crusade Grim, one of these days you're going to go and bite off more than you can chew." Kozoru warned "Tch, what are you - my old man!? I don't need any lectures I just need some answers, so: you gonna' help me out or what?" Grimmwuar spat back and folded his arms. Kozoru sighed and nodded his head "You know that I don't help anyone, it is part of the house policy...But, if you're not willing to change your mind, I got someone in mind who can help you...Let me finish serving up one last round then meet me around back."

Grim had no idea that while he was on the hunt for a Syndicate Underboss, he too was being hunted down...

1810a873addf298ee54ea0c37d5ca374.jpg

Moses
: Sewer Tunnels Nearby Cold Gate Prison Ruins
Interactions: Lady Pain ( Merciless Medic Merciless Medic )
Mentions:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________​
When Moses mentioned Lucifer, she gave him a wicked smile. The desperation in his voice made it sound like he had been waiting for that for a long time. Like he was going through an existential crisis of sorts. Approaching the distraught man, Lady Pain used her womanly wiles, not like it would matter considering Moses didn't care. But his embarrassment only fueled her more as she stopped to be mere inches from touching him. She pressed her finger on his chin and had him look at her, her powers to inflict pain nullified to prevent herself from hurting him.

"Yes, my dear Embodiment. Lucifer absolutely needs you. I am familiar with your nihilistic views enough to know that this isn't normal for you. However, I am here to let you know Lucifer needs you. You aren't useless in his eyes and you haven't been. But now, we must go back to the surface. We have an objective."
Moses flinched at Lady Pain's touch, not because it hurt but because he usually did not care for being touched and yet, he sensed a type of welcoming warmth that he allowed himself to fall into. He stared not into Lady Pain's eyes but beyond them as if he was attempting to peer through her as she spoke sweet words of purpose to him...So it was true, Lucifer still needed him, even if it was only for now that knowledge brought a small amount of comfort to Moses.
"I see...Thank you..."
Letting go of Moses' chin, Lady Pain turned away with some flair and sauntered away, back towards the nearest manhole. "I get why you're down here, but it is absolutely dreadful. Come, we shall enact our usefulness to our dear Lucifer."
Moses nodded and got back up to his feet to follow Lady Pain to the nearest manhole. Tucking his hands into the pockets of his green coat-jacket "Yes...I suppose you're right" he looked back over his shoulder, and it was just now that he noticed the rotting smell which stained the air down in these tunnels. When he reached Lady Pain's side by the manhole, he hesitated for a moment "Tell me, what is Lord Lucifer's desire?" he asked but deep down he already knew what her answer was going to be.​

Havoc
~Church Hospital~

Even as he moved in an act of kindness she cowered. It was understandable. His size and what he was doing right now. A touch or even in a given range, he was sapping her out of her greatest defense and offense. The electrical tingles were present as he absorbed the energy, but even then- they were a passing feeling. The way her fear spiked at his touch and how she seemed to cower from even the slightest bit of human decency was all signs of just how damaged she really was. The warped nature of her very aura had painted that clearly in what sort of psyche she held, very much like how it painted Ciri's as bright yet with a layer of darkness that could not be ignored.

The statement of not knowing, was a common one. Most poor souls that came to this sovereign state, never knew. They came here and they were trapped soon enough. Hell City lured you in, then kept you to it like a mouse trap. A venus fly trap. Locking you in place and keeping you stuck there till you had to give something up.

Seeing how her body language changed he removed his hand from her shoulder. Simply letting her speak. Yet it was the moment where her anger, hate, rage, the bloodlust spiked, where his pupils became slits once more, dilating. The urge to feed off that anger, returning.

There were so many ways to turn all of this south. So many simple things he could do to capitalize on that anxiety and get his fix. She was like a well-spring of emotion. Wore it on her sleeve, much like Ciri. The two of them were like nicotine, or cocaine. A part of him knew that if he indulged he'd want more, and then keep wanting more. In combat that was how it worked. Fear and anger, the conflict of battle, it all fueled him but it all also drove him. Right now, San telling them all of this made thoughts unwanted pop into his head.

How to use her for his own gains. How to get that delectable fix in the moments of battle when adrenaline was at its high. The small moments where her doubt creeped in. When she could let that bloodlust loose, and he could feed off it- grow stronger, better, more powerful. Ciri too held a spot of maddening fury somewhere inside her. Something dark that she wasn't showing. He could see it when he glanced at her. The writing ball of darkness that was within the center of her aura.

The two of them could fuel him in ways he couldn't even imagine. Ciri was fast, there was no doubt she could keep up with him, probably even exceed him in terms of speed even if he took a more agile form. And that bloodlust and the anxiety of Sara's was delectable on its own. All of it was a source of energy. Too delicious to give up--

He blinked, and found the haze he'd been starting to see fade.

Need to keep this under control.

Yet it was easier said than done. Give in once, and he'd be hooked on them both, or maybe just one of them. Being around them already was getting him riled, in ways he didn't like. Experience told him he didn't want that. The horrible things he could be motivated to do was too much of a burden.

They didn't deserver that.

It was just another reason why he didn't work with his own group often. Too many variables or emotions could fuel him and then he could slip up and get someone that shouldn't be, hurt.

What Ciri and Sara did deserve was a form of assurance at least. And that's exactly what Juan had now decided. San would be taken care of, and that started with food just as she was saying. He came out of his thoughts just as San was about to leave, and with a gentle pinch between his fingers, grabbing at the tip of her tail to hold her in place he said: "You aren't going anywhere just yet. We'll get food soon my sweet" and he couldn't help but mentally curse himself for letting that slip. Being around these two was starting to get to him. "Wait for a moment" he told her politely. Then let her go. "Please." He added, looking between her and Ciri. "You" he said turning to look down at Katja. "That power of yours how does it work? I might ask you to come with me depending on if you'd be interested in using your abilities for something bigger than waiting for people to come to you. I always have need of healers, especially one with your gifts."

2a4118de9bb737dfef69815c238c5799.jpg
45a8f180323760f3536a66a231d876a9.jpg
c1ec8d30b2d5296c219370adf6b6af9b.jpg

Coterie of Clowns V.S Heroes Guild (Wrap up)
Interactions: N/A (I mean technically Shogun but he left so yah...Sadness)
----------------------------------

Iggzy sat hunched over the railing in wide-eyed anticipation of a glorious bout between his arch-rival and the two self-righteous heroes who thought they had the stuff to take them out in Jackie's absence. He was excited to see how Brutus would fare, but as fate would have it something entirely different happened instead: the fight had ended before it could even begin. The rubber balls exploded around Brutus and Iggzy watched as a giant lightning bolt pierced through the upper floors of Happy Hotel that shot down onto Brutus, finishing the job. Iggzy's jaw dropped and he almost fell off the rail as the smell of burning flesh filled the air and Brutus fell flat to the floor in a smoking lump. It wasn't exactly clear whether or not Brutus was dead, but it was clear to Iggzy that he was going to be out for the count and he suddenly panicked
"Crap! Oi, Brutus boyo - ya a'right!? BRUTUS!!" he shouted out in the vain hope that Brutus was feeling humorous for once, but he was met with silence. Meanwhile the two heroes had set their sights onto Iggzy and Viktor stepped forward, his hand twisting and turning the bolt on the side of his head as he looked up to the fat clown "So this is how you conduct yourselves? Do you simply stand by while your allies are killed?" Viktor said with his glasses shimmering in the light. Freddy took out another set of rubber balls and began juggling them with a wide smile on his face "Well guess that guy won't be answering my question any time soon...Geez, I didn't think you guys would go down THIS easy!" he cried out cockily. Iggzy's excited grin turned into a grumpy frown "Ya really shouldn'ta done that...Don't ya know..." his tone was that of a low growl, that grew deeper as he rose up to his feet and stood with perfect balance onto the railing his body begun to transform

"DON'T YA KNOW WHAT LORD JASPAH WILL DO TO YA NOW!?!?!" he roared as his human skin ripped apart to reveal the shape of a demonic beast and he lept off from the railing, down onto the two heroes in the lobby below.
mwcYV4HGOX8arP4uMF_2ZBHq0XbMklkcs5uInE5kHMXDZ-2BIbDus5aEPDhmIrK5NYMUgQpKy0vyR13hQ1wO9zzi2EaVK7nbX9MJNa716-FyqqxlnWBoOq7pmNJ4vBrKAW2Hh7LL

~ Skipping Some of the Fight ~
Bloodied, bruised and battered. The two heroes proved to be a far greater team of adversaries than Iggzy had originally anticipated, but while they may have surpassed his expectations it appeared that they too were surprised by Iggzy's tenacity and raw brutality. There the three of them stood, only now Viktor was missing an arm, which made calling down the bolts of lightning much more difficult for him and Fredrick had grown increasingly emotional throughout their battle. It was all leading to these final moments, the moments where Iggzy flaunted Viktor's severed arm in front of him before consuming it whole, and as Fredrick rushed in with fury Iggzy spotted his opportunity to strike.

"Y-you!!...You won't get away with that...YOU BASTARD!!!" cried Freddy "Fredrick - NO!!!" Viktor shouted out in warning. But it was too late. Iggzy's arm went right through the side of Fredrick's torso, and he was unable to speak let alone move as Viktor rushed in to his aid, pulling out a steel rod shaped like an oversized bolt from underneath his coat which he twirled between his fingers before going in for the attack. However, just before Viktor was able to make contact with Iggzy everything suddenly became...Strange.

The bolt in Viktor's hand bent and twisted like a coil, the floors became like ocean waves beneath their feet and their surroundings began to bend and contort in ways that should not be possible for solid constructs like wood and steel. Most of all, Viktor could feel the prickling of madness reach out from the inner recesses of his mind as he turned around to see the face of Hell City's most infamous smiling man: Jackie Jon Jasper. Only, THIS Jackie Jon Jasper did not seem like his normal self. The color of his hair had faded, his eyes and face hollowed reflection of his real face and his back was hunched to such a degree he looked almost half the height he actually was.
df231ec02c082a0ef0079182208d2340.jpg

"I came all this way...All this way back to sweet home, y'know...They say there is nothing like it - like home. So here I am...Home..." Jackie was suddenly hovering above Viktor, somehow he suddenly seemed much bigger than before and he peered down onto Viktor with a foreboding gaze, breathing heavily... Fredrick lay unconscious on the ground, and Iggzy simply stared with an equal mix of happiness and fear. Happy that his prophet had returned, but fearful because he knew the cause for Jackie's sudden change, this was not Jasper Prince of Antics, but his other side...This was Cranky Jack. The side of Jackie that only came out once the 'energy of madness' was drained out from his system.
"But is it so sweet? Is it sweet to come home to this...Your precious belongings in ruin, the precious souls you protect and mentor being beaten and killed? Tell me, stranger...How sweet is it?"
Jackie caressed both sides of Viktor's head with his hands, and Viktor could do little more than stare back in wide-eyed panic as Jackie's hands slipped into Viktor's head before pulling out an indescribable form of energy that was the amalgamation of all Viktor's mental instabilities. Jackie went onto feast, inviting himself to a banquet of Viktor's madness as he kept on taking more and more scoops out from Viktor, feasting on the energy in front of his eyes before he was unable to maintain consciousness any longer...

~ Another Lil Skip & a Hop ~
The Happy Hotel once again fell into silence. The heroes attack was thwarted, but not without a loss for the Coterie. Brutus the Brute, a loyal clown and one of Jackie's favorite goons had suffered extensive injuries from the explosive barrage he had endured. Giving Jackie no other choice but to lock him inside the 'Happy Factory' and put him on life support until he figured out what to do with him. Viktor Krieg and Fredrick Thomson, otherwise known as the heroes 'Bolt-Surge' & 'Boy Toy' both managed to survive, surprising especially for Freddy considering his injuries. Jackie had given Iggzy specific orders to lock them down in his dungeons, and for the time being, Jackie wanted them kept safe: he had very special plans for those two.

Jackie was now up in his own room at the highest tower of Happy Hotel. A luxurious bedroom chamber covered with red drapes and soft, crimson furniture. It wasn't exactly Jackie's color, nor was it the sort of room you'd expect to find the Prince of Antics sleeping in but he felt a sense of nostalgia in there: especially at night when there was nothing but the moonlight and the carnival lights shining in. He rested in a chair fit for royalty slumped back, Jackie was looking and feeling a bit better than before but he was still quite a ways from being back to his good ole' self. As he readied to shut his eyes and call it a night, he took the time to reflect back on what had transpired and how he was going to move forward from here. He knew that Cain had been successful in killing Thaddeus, not just from the deathly roars and rumbling resulting from his final moments but also from the connection they all shared as Embodiments: a connection that Jackie & Cain were going to sever.

Before Jackie was able to think and prepare for his coming plans, he had drifted fast asleep...​

Katja Galinka

As San spoke of her past Katja simply listened, that was all she could do, listen and perhaps try to advise. The story was not a happy one and Katja was sad that one could lose faith in the kindness of others, but it was all too human. That San had killed did sadden Katja who saw every life as a gift not to be taken, yet who was she who had been blessed to judge another so all Katja could do was listen and offer San what sympathy she could.

I see, despite everything you will always be welcome here, and i will always heal you as i do any who wish it” Katja said that was the best she could offer “ If you need someone to talk to I am always here” While not strictly true the meaning was still there is San wished Katja would listen or she could pray to speak with the lord if she wanted.

Katja had thought they would all leave as san turned to depart, however the man grabbed San’s tail and stopped her. For a moment before the man even spoke Katja frowned. While it was not violence she still didn’t like others being forced into things. What he said next did little to improve Katja’s opinion of the man, he had helped with the shocks, but now he was holding others back and speaking as if healing those that came here seeking help was not a worthy cause.

Katja tried not to judge others, but she was human and found those that believed they could give other higher purpose and greater goals to not those least worth following. A leader could lead you to things, they could guide, but they could not give, a person always had to choose, good and evil were choices and what was big and small was a choice.

The power is a gift from God” Katja said her tone still as kind as ever not betraying her dislike of the man she was answering “ It is not something that can be used for personal gain or advancement of others agendas. If I step outside this chapel I will leave holy ground and my prayers will go unanswered. That is how it works. When I pray and wish to heal others my prayer is answered” It was a completely religious answer, but that didn’t make it any less true to Katja. Her powers only worked on holy ground and the only holy ground she knew of was here. “ If healing those that I can is not big then I am happy to remain small. ” She finished, to Katja what she did was big enough and to call saving lives was small then the man was more than welcome to tell the next dying child’s mother that they were too small to be helped.

Cirillia Vines
fqOhVsO.jpg

Interactions: Karcen Karcen The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Merciless Medic Merciless Medic
Mentions:

Cirillia watched the exchange between Katja and San curiously, mostly because of just how terrified the wolf was. Needless to say, it confused the bunny...a lot. Sure, the whole thing was a little spooky, but c'mon, that was kinda ridiculous! Oh well. It's not like she was just going to say that to her face anyway...that would be rude and quite uncalled for. She herself was surprised that Katja didn't seem bothered to literally be shocked by electricity. She definitely had an omen, some sort of augment, or something special to her to just casually let the volts strike her. While she didn't agree with San's fear...she did agree Katja wasn't normal. At least by Hell City's standards.

As Katja confirmed that the strikes were indeed hurting her she, like Juan, only grew more skeptical and confused. If they were hurting her how were they seemingly not causing much if any damage to her? Getting electrocuted so much like that should be doing more than just simple pinching...but well, she didn't know her capabilities so she didn't bother questioning it. Frankly, she didn't entirely care either beyond vague curiosity, which she held in general trying to see if she really could heal others. The story about the family burned so badly being healed good as new left her even more skeptical. Surely she was exaggerating? With those kinds of burns, people were likely dead or unable to move to get to the Chapel.

As she began to pray she arched a brow, either it was how she accessed her powers or she was an odd faith healer as Cirillia had initially thought. Much to her amazement however San actually healed up entirely with no trace of ever even being hurt. "Huh....that's definitely something..." She muttered softly in surprise. She was going to say more, however, the wolf soon started speaking. Explaining the reasons behind her current fearful state. As terrible as her own past had been...she couldn't even imagine being experimented on like that and killing her own family. Which, technically she did do that but one could hardly consider the facility staff a loving family. It wasn't even really comparable. Her ears drooped and a little frown formed on her face as the room filled with an awkward and depressing silence. Something like that....you didn't easily respond to especially if you had no personal connection to the person. Sure, San and Cirilllia shared similarities and all. But they didn't truly know each other enough for her to just be able to whip out a motivational comment to make the situation less tense and sad.

Juan sort of zoning out in thought hadn't been lost on the bunny either, but well, for her zoning out from time to time was kinda normal. She did that more often than she'd like to admit actually! She just assumed he was deep in thought about something entirely unrelated, perhaps even thinking about what he wanted for dinner. She'd be lying if she said that thought hadn't crossed her mind at one point during all of this. She had no idea he was in an internal struggle over whether or not he essentially wanted to use herself and San as batteries for his abilities.

A brow raised as Juan called San 'his sweet' followed by a little giggle. "Hehehe...someone has a crush..." She spoke teasingly. Hey, she didn't care if it wasn't exactly appropriate timing even if she was entirely off-base. She couldn't resist being her! At the request to wait Ciri just shrugged, "Hey, I'm not going anywhere. I got to eat too you know?" She said. "Plus the whole...you getting me to someone that can get me a new window thing." She added on. Waiting a few more minutes for either didn't bother her in the slightest.

To hear Katja truly believed her omen was a religious gift wasn't too terribly surprising. Whether it was true or just something she believed in to get her abilities to work was anyone's guess. Hearing someone truly care so much to go out of their way to help others, Cirillia believed she was being sincere. It was incredibly rare to have anyone in Hell City truly care about others without any sort of agenda of their own which still had her a bit skeptical however she had been around others long enough to know Katja was being truthful or at least really good at lying. "Soo...you really do just heal others 'cause they need healing? For real?" She asked, tilting her head curiously. "You don't even take payments or anything? You just heal anyone no matter who they are or what they've done?" Her line of questioning might be a bit disrespectful but she couldn't help it. She was curious, and her mind demanded her curiosity be met.

Katja Galinka

Sometimes kindness is enough” Katja replied to Ciri the bunny girl had been rather quiet and in truth Katja did understand her views might be seen as odd in this city. There was so little true kindness so sometimes a little real kindness might be what is needed. “ If they come to me or are brought to me I will heal any who need it. I do not judge what a person has done as even the worst person can change, they can be a good person if they want to be” Another motto of Katja as she did believe that anyone could be a good person, not perfect, but good, if they truly wanted to. She would not deny them the chance to do so by withholding healing.

I do know how odd it must seem in this city, but I do not ask for payment, or ask others to do anything for me. Some do come to give me what I need to live, clothes and food, but it is not demanded or expected” This was no business there was no profit, just kindness given and received among those that even the average city dweller thought were below them. Katja spoke with no anger or distaste for the questions she knew how odd it would seem to others as she had heard it many times. “ Many others also ask if I hurt others to defend myself given how i heal all, the answer is i do not i am a pacifist” That was likely the rarest type in the city someone who simply would not hurt others no matter what and Katja would she hoped never break this ideal that she would do no harm.

dd7adf765621e4eca65ef5763dec4b4a.jpg
f370c1cb3eadf9877bcb88b315c4b69e.jpg
da88fujvaaab_zv-jpg.951527

Gael Cosgrove 'Snake Charmer' & Dillan Dotere 'Lord of Bees' V.S O.V.R
Interactions: N/A
Mentions: Mahself

This is a collab by Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool & Da one and only Merciless Medic Merciless Medic
----------------------------------
The Snake Charmer Gael Cosgrove, and the Lord of Bees Dillan Dotere are set in the middle of an empty street, completely unaware that they were just moments away from meeting a most unfortunate and gruesome end. Unaware that they were being used as the sacrificial pawns in a game being played between the powers that be in Hell City. Sent to their death under the orders of the one everyone in the Heroes Guild knew only as ‘The Master’. A mysterious individual who had scouted out each of them for their individual set of skills, beliefs and personal values. The Master seemed to have almost a precognitive knowledge of all the goings-on of not just Hell City but the entire world, and over their four-year tenure the Heroes Guild grew unwavering trust in the Master after a long string of success as well as their victory in liberating the (forgot the district numbers) Districts. They had no idea that after the events which transpired on this very night last year, a decision had to be made that would doom many if not all the members of the Heroes Guild in a gambit to save the future.
“You’re an insightful guy, Gael. What do you think the Master’s got us out here for anyway?”
“Why is it that you ask now, Dillan? Do I smell doubt within you?”
“No! No…Just, I don’t know...Didn’t something about that meeting seem off to you? And the missions we were all assigned, how we were assigned them. This just doesn’t feel like all those other times...And my bees…I can tell they feel it to…”
“Hmm…I noticed Nibu acting strangely ever since the meeting...But we must place our faith in the Master, he has yet to be wrong about anything. If he says this is the path we must all take, then I believe him.”
“And I thought you were the skeptical one…”

The two heroes went on to share their last laughs together before death in the form of a cybernetic nightmare approached them.
The nightmare climbed up the building, softly clawing his way to the roof where his visor finally lit up to life, the orange glow staring directly at his two targets, his optic eyes behind the visor scanning their bodies.

Scanning Organs......
Organ State - Gael: Not Optimal
Organ State - Dillan: Not Optimal
Important Organs: Brain
Primary Objective: Secure Area from Threats
Secondary Objective: Secure Organs
Bypassing Secondary Objective......
Secondary Objective Bypassed
Organs Unimportant
Neutralize Threats

His mind worked on bypassing the need to save the organs, allowing himself to completely brutalize his enemies for security purposes. With his forearms and calves still split, he laid down until his metallic chest brushed against the rooftop, where he then jumped off. The rooftop crumbled slightly as he sailed through the air, his near-ton body aiming for the Snake Charmer as he plummeted from the sky.

“Wha--?” Gael Cosgrove (AKA ‘Snake Charmer’) noticed too late the figure falling from the sky, looking up only at the very last moment to see the hulking metallic figure crash down atop of him: completely crushing him with the sheer force of its weight and velocity that would have turned any regular person in his place into the human equivalent of a pancake. It was only thanks to Gael’s serpentine mutations, and the fact his bones were essentially non-existent in the first place that managed to survive and was able to slither out from underneath OVR. Dillan Dotere (AKA ‘Lord of Bees’) could only stand by in utter shock and horror as his partner and friend were squashed beneath the hulking metallic figure that was OVR, he was barely able to comprehend what was even happening before sending the signal to his ants and bees to attack the robot. The ants swarmed the cybernetic nightmare’s legs while the bees swarmed the head in an attempt to blind OVR while the ants tried to reach for the wires. Meanwhile, Gael slithered back up to Dillan’s side, battered, but also not dead and he was ready to fight back. Even now, before an enemy they had absolutely no chance of beating, Gael held steadfast in his faith and belief that the Master was guiding them along the path of victory. He believed that somehow, someway, he and Dillan would make it out of all this.
“Keep doing what you do best, Dillan, and stay back - if he gets a hold of you I don’t know if there is much I can do to stop it!” Gael ordered as he raised his hands up as if he was getting ready to lead an orchestra, and up from the manholes snakes began pouring out like a slithering rainbow river. The snakes were of all shapes, sizes and colors. Gael intended on saving this for a much larger group of foes, but considering the circumstances, they suddenly found themselves in he felt it was their best and perhaps only chance for victory.

OVR took a moment to assess the situation. The person he squashed had slithered out, and he can feel annoying pricks attacking his wires. The head, however, had nothing for the bees to sneak in, only successfully covering the visor. Switching visions rapidly from thermal, UV light, to infrared, normal vision, and restarting the cycle, he was able to barely see through the bees to see the two targets. There were snakes now, too, something he can hear with his cyberaudio implants. He let loose a synthesized echo of a chuckle as he closed in, his targeting array struggling to lock on to either one due to the mass of insects. As he spoke, his voice sounded slightly masculine, a distant reminder of what he sounded like in his past life. ”Hehe, you think this will save you? Organ & Viscera Retriever, aka O.V.R., has identified the security breach. Initializing...”
He let the ominous ‘initialize’ hang in the air as he got closer. His visor shone with a bright orange and then in a rainbow rave of quick flashing colors. He didn’t think the bees would fly off or get dizzy enough to fall off, but he did use one of his four arms to wipe his visor, showing a sickening slasher grin in place as he crawled towards the two slowly, only to suddenly pick up in pace and swipe at Gael’s leg, trying to grab him and pull him so Gael will fall underneath OVR.

When Gael felt his leg being grabbed and pulled beneath OVR, there was little he could do but vainly smack and kick with his other leg at the hulking figure while he was being pulled underneath OVR. Dillan stood by in horror while watching his partner and close friend being taken: knowing there was absolutely nothing he could do to stop it.
“Gael!!!” Dillan shouted at the top of his lungs, and the two exchanged their last words
“D-Dillan…Run!”
It would be the last cries of desperation Gael would ever make.

OVR, with sickening glee written on his visor in shimmering LSD colors, hovered over the kicking Gael, the Snake Charmer now at his mercy. As he cried out for his sweet companion, two arms grabbed the Snake Charmer’s biceps, holding him still as another arm came shooting down on Gael’s head. The three claws dug into the skull, breaking and smashing what he could within his cranium so he wouldn’t slither out of this one. The bees and ants were irritating, yes. But he’ll deal with the coward anyhow. Using two arms, he punched in the man’s skull some more until he was nothing but a paste of red flesh and white bone oozing on the road.
His head looked up, tracking Dillan as he ran with some minor issues as the bees still covered his vision.

Dillan tried desperately to flee, even though he struggled to even comprehend what was going on let alone process the death of his dear friend and partner. This isn’t how it was supposed to go, not how it was supposed to end. For the first time, as he desperately tried to lose OVR in the alleyways off the main streets of the district, Dillan had questioned the true intentions behind the Master’s instructions for them to come here. The Master was always right, without fail, so why did he suddenly find himself here in this situation? Running from this metallic nightmare that seemed to just happen upon them. Dillan tried to think of the reasons, but he came up with nothing. All he could do was try and slow OVR down to make way for his escape. OVR, after crushing the snakes that tried stopping him, crawled forward with agility not befitting his weight. He caught Dillan moving into an alleyway, and he climbed the building, managing to get away from the ants that swarmed his location. However, the bees still followed. Snapping his calves and arms together, the spines sneaking into his back and his neck shortening to that of a normal human length, he took his altered form to run across the rooftops. They didn’t hold his weight very well, but he was able to find Dillan. Wiping away his visor, he launched across an entire rooftop before grabbing the edge of another building, concrete raining down in the vacant alleyway as he pulled himself up. He rushed headlong, finding Dillan turning into another alleyway away from him. Jumping again, he left a large crater in the rooftop. He sailed through the air as he hit the edge of another roof over the alleyway Dillan ran into, the metallic beast landing just behind the scared man, dropping to his knee. With another lunge, OVR jumped towards Dillan, his more humanoid body slamming into Dillan from behind as the man looked over his shoulder to see how close he was. OVR grabbed the man’s arm, slamming his knee into his back as the man unceremoniously was slammed into the concrete with a sickening crunch, the knee having driven a hole through the man’s back and into the concrete below. A punch wound up as Dillan screamed from the pain, but his own cries for help would be silenced with one punch to the head. The bees stopped clouding the robot and the ants ran out of his body.
OVR stood up, blood and guts oozed off his knee and hands, the threats had been neutralized. Time to see if he was needed before he had to go home.

Updating Hit List......

• Lady Pain
    1647635867730.png
    [Current Objective: Comfort Moses]
    [Location: Hell City, Sewers -> Streets]
    [Mood: Concerned]
    [Interactions: Moses]
    [Mentions: Lucifer]

Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Solemn Jester Solemn Jester

Lady Pain watched with minor amusement. The fact that Moses allowed her to touch him was almost astounding, but she didn't let that cloud her judgment or her objective. However, as she went to climb out of the manhole, she stopped when she noticed Moses looking over his shoulder. Then he approached her and asked the one question she hoped he wouldn't ask.

She knew how much Jackie meant to him. She wasn't going to put him through that pain, despite how much that interested her. At least, not yet.

"Ah, he wants us to deal with the other rogue Embodiments. Specifically Six." She lied. He wanted them both equally dealt with. Yet, Six was the one who had killed Thaddeus. "Six killed Thaddeus and I have a basic idea of where Jackie is. However, I don't feel it wise for you to confront Jackie." Her tone held concern as she looked at Moses, her purple eyes trying to discern if he was okay. "I'm going to need you when we confront Six." With that, she climbed up the ladder and through the open manhole. Once she was away from the gross sewers and can smell fresh air, she crouched over the manhole, waiting for Moses to follow.

Havoc
~Church Hospital~

To say he did not sense the heat in Katja's words at his suggestion to take her away from this noble cause she had found herself in, would be ignorance at its finest. He didn't need his empath abilities to detect she was cross with the suggestion he saw her duties as subpar here, and she didn't sugarcoat it in her response either. All those remarks did, was give him something to use for later if the situation arrived. The pulse would be present but at the very least, he wouldn't have to worry about fuel since he was constantly eating through his own now just maintaining this form. At the very least having a backup for later would do him wonders. And given San hadn't tried to bite his head off for pinching her tail--

Something he actually felt had been a bit uncalled for, but given her reaction chose not to say anything on it--

--decided to let the conversation continue as Ciri asked her questions. With the option of taking Katja out of here off the table clearly, he saw no more reason to stay now that she had healed his new mercenary aide. It was really more out of a sense of manners that he hadn't said they should be going. Hearing more about how her power worked, or at least how Katja was aware of how her power worked was something else that kept him from just announcing they were leaving.

Yet it was the kindle of anger, the explosion of barely contained rage that erupted from San that made his eyes widen and pupils dilate as she let loose what clearly seemed to be, justifiable anger at the prospect of some god, helping heal people that had to come to their 'servant' instead of using their divine power to make a stain like this whole city a actually decent and better place to live. In all honesty Katja's statements seemed a bit too preachy to Juan's liking. He didn't doubt that it was possible something might be helping give her the ability to heal so easily, much like whatever force fueled his power to feed off the negativity of others to increase his own might, he had no reasons to doubt that some sort of supernatural being was attached to Katja from birth and had evolved with her as she'd grown- after all, he knew there were whispers of his power being the gift of a demon that thought it could corrupt him so easily. So who was he to really tell the healer nun she was in the wrong?

Remaining silent as San announced she was leaving, Juan watched her go.

Inhaled deeply, soaking up some of that bitter resentment and disdainful anger, enough to calm the urges rising anew, and then turned to Katja with a sigh. "Thank you for your help." He nodded to her. "I'll be sure to send someone here to loan some sort of donation in the days ahead." Then without another word, but a glance to Ciri, Juan followed San outside.

A clawed digit came up and gently surprised the merc by lifting her head up to glance his way. "Food sounds good now, I do believe." His tone one of suggestion. "Let's go. We shall wait for Ciri and finally get something to eat. Then, I will show Ciri the location of the man that can help her with her store."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back