• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

FearItself

There is nothing to fear
Downtown Manhattan
Red guard

As Joseph stepped out of the precinct having just dropped off a low teir purse snatcher his attention was caught by several pings from his helmet signifying new jobs being posted on the hero work board. He selected the rop of the list to see the new missions finding three that were just posted two minites ago. All of them high tier missions which would pay enough to cover his bills for six months and they were open missions meaning there was no limit to the amount of heroes who couod take the mission. What a stroke of luck, the mission asked that only skilled heroes take the missions but he was confident his powers would be sufficient. He scrolled through all three missions as he decided which one he would take. Each mission was accompanied by a mini breifing video compiled by the U.N hero informational unit. As he selected the first mission a female automated voice began to relay the information.

"A particularly disturbing murder was uncovered just twenty two minutes ago. Two victims were found dead and mutilated with a third surviving but maimed. Suspect at large and no leads currently exist. Forensic scientists and Homicide detectives are at the scene and will provide additional details."

He rubbed his chin as he scrolled to the next one.

"Three mile islands maximum security prison, Omega max recently had a break in. No guards were injured or killed in the break out though many of them were somehow rendered unconscious without any contact. Cctv camera's detected no anomalies, only two inmates has been unaccounted for, inmate 224975-h otherwise known as Victor Espinoza or the Corrupt hero Neon, and Prisoner 387459-Z otherwise known as John doe, or the villain Slayer. These convicts are considered extreamly dangerous and are to be apprehended as soon as possible."

His brow furrowed as he thought, that one sounded important. Still hebwaited to check the third one.

"Local billionaire Nicolai Carpathia has recently suffered a break in to his penthouse suite. His wife and newborn daughter have both been taken and a ransom letter was left behind. He has offered half a billion dollars to any who can find his child and wife and bring them back alive no questions asked."

he was torn. That last one could set him up for life, but he had a bad feeling about that prison break. Those two guys he knew were dangerous. Slayer had already killed 5 heroes, and Neon nearly leveled a city block before He was brought down by Joeseph himself. That made it more personal and helped him to make up his mind. He accepted the mission then quickly began to sprint towards ths prison, it was only a few miles to the ferry and that would only take a matter of seconds for him. He wondered if any others would be picking up the prison break mission, he was actualky hoping they would, team ops were always more fun.
fin fin Jz-ahn Jz-ahn TheresaMelania TheresaMelania Yahhah Yahhah GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205 Redfork2000 Redfork2000 Peckinou Peckinou

baal1.jpg

Sylvester

The day had started regular for Sylvester. Woken up with women from the last night (who were swiftly kicked out by security), ordered some new catalog for Exodus, and of course he was dripped down in the staple Sylvester Thompson swag. He sported a gold Armani tuxedo, black dress shirt and accents, as well as his cuban link, golden watch, and earrings. Just to tip off the ice berg. At the moment, the millionaire was en route to the police precinct to reach out to one of his old police buddies after a daunting phone call from a friend, and most importantly, business associate of his. Nicolai Carapathia. The famed New York billionaire was on the way to investing money in Exodus, and a lot of it, before the damned kidnapping of his daughter and wife. Now, Sylvester would have to save his cursed family just to secure his paycheck. In no way was he going Nicolai pay a dime, not to talk of half a billion to a masked criminal with a gun as his best weapon.

Taking note of the situation's scarcity, Sylvester aimed to fulfill his role in rescuing the wife and daughter without any police or hero involvement, and would have to give a formal warning before he was assured the case was his, and solely his. "There he is, exiting the precinct. Wait right here, Diego." Sylvester called to the driver. The limousine slowed, and the car door was soon opened by one of his security guards who'd been seated in the shotgun seat with the driver. "I'm assuming you forgot the rose basket again, Peter?" He said, eyes locked on those of his bodyguard. In spite of being towered by the guard, Sly's presence was far more daunting. "Don't let it happen again. How can I walk on anything but my finest roses?" He whined, and let a flicker of green light escape his eyes. In a short succession, the guard's groin area was soaked in urine, leaving Sylvester smirking. "Wait here, you and Diego." He ordered, before shutting the door himself, curling around the door, and down the pavement till he could cut off the Red Guard and stand in front of him.

Sylvester stretched out a hand, and exposed his pearly whites in a smile almost as bright as his jewelry. "If it isn't my favourite Red Guard. Just come to ask a favour of you sir, is all. Before that, you wouldn't happen to be working the Carapathia case, are you?" He asked in a smooth and silky voice.
"Sylvester Thompson, by the way. Call me Mr. Thompson."

O'brien Tower
Felis and Cutlass

Liam sat at a desk tapping his foot against the table while he looked through his schedule. He had to say he was quite proud of the new decor, what with all of the new Crusader themed things which had been added in recent weeks and he had to say so far things had gone pretty well, he felt most of his coworkers were good people he could work well with. The exception being Incendiary, that man was a bit of a wild card but he seemed committed enough so Liam had put up with his mannerism's so far. Although if the former thug didn't start attending briefings Liam may have to take action, he turned when he heard the elevator ding.
Beck marched through the silver door and took in the large room. "Not really much of a secret base, eh" she questioned? Setting down a duffel bag she carried on her shoulder. Liam sat down his schedule and pushed himself up taking a stretch.
"Not as if I can really hide my identity, everybody seems to know who I am. Something about my eyes I guess. They run in the family" joked Liam walking over to her. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a rectangular silver card with a sword stabbed through a large C decorating it. "Your key card miss Cutlass. It'll let you in and out of the building and into your room" he said.
"I guess I'll get to unpacking" said Beck shooting a glance over at her bag. Liam nodded but both of their attention was taken by an alert from Liam's pocket. He pulled out a small rectangular device and frowned.
"Break out at Omega Max" said Liam reading the alert. "Couple other crimes too... But the fact that the most secure prison on Earth just had a breakout doesn't sit well with me". Beck plopped her bag and started to turn around.
"Well let's go take care of it" she said but Liam raised a hand and shook his head. He tapped the device and lowered it back into his pocket.
"No, I've got an important meeting to attend, Enterprises don't run themselves you know and we've already got two operatives around the city who can check it out for us. You just worry about unpacking and I'll be back soon" said Liam waving to her as she stood slack jawed at his apparent nonchalantness, he entered the elevator and left the room. Beck grumbled and grabbed her bag, she sighed and turned to walk down the hall assumably to unpack.

Incendiary and Montagne
Frank marched down the street, the huge man dwarfed every person he passed by as he patrolled the streets. He felt it a boring task to be given to him as his first duty as a Crusader but he accepted it nonetheless. The giant was dressed pretty mundanely for a superhero, he was shirtless and wearing blue plants. He did have a shoulderband wearing the Crusader symbol but he wasn't a fan of the uniforms the cat man had suggested. The man felt his pocket buzz and he pulled out a device similar to the one Liam had used in O'brien tower. "A break out eh. I am to be working with Incendiary. Ha, we shall see if he shows up" grumbled Frank to himself. Taking a turn and moving through the crowd, it eventually thinned out as the giant appeared on the scene. He had to say, the prison was impressive, low and behold he spotted the trench coated figure of Baxter standing outside in his crimson mask looking left and right. His mask was now branded with a Crusader symbol on his forehead.
Baxter turned his head slightly to the right as Frank joined him. "Finally arrive Mountain" he said. Frank raised an eyebrow.
"Has anything happened thus far" Frank asked? Baxter shook his head and pointed to the building.
"Haven't gone in yet cause I've been waiting on your slow self. Haven't been able to figure out anything from here though. A little surprised we're the first to arrive. Figure a job like this would bring in superheroes from all around town" Baxter said.
Frank grunted, "this job entails us possibly fighting the Slayer, or Neon, I imagine those two names would scare lesser men away. You'd do well to exercise caution" he informed.
"You just worry about yourself and I'll worry about me, alright big fella" retorted Baxter. Frank shook his head.
"Believe it or not Incendiary we are a team. I will watch your back and you will watch mine. Though I fear my job will be more eventful then yours" Frank responded, Baxter didn't respond to that one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OPEN--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Guard

Joey stopped short of the ferry parking lot when a rather tall man stepped out in front of him smiling and holding his hand out to greet him. He spoke fast and asked about the carpathia case. It took Him a few moments to put two and two together. "Um, no sir Mr.Thompson. i am responding to the Omegamax breakout. I brough Neon in once and i figure i am the best equipped to do it again." he couldn't tell if the guy was a reporter or a fellow hero nonetheless he made a point to keep his eye contact as most thought it rude to not do so. "Sorry sir but the longer i spend here the higher the odds of another hero getting involved, and likely dying if they enter the situation unawares." he was trying to be polite, and that effort kept him from speeding off he would at least hear this man out. If he had a lead on the Carpathia case it was joeys duty to listen and pass it on to whoever took the job.
fin fin
~~~

Omega Max

As the heroes conglomerated on the driveway leading into the main gate the warden stepped out. His broad shoulders and half bald head certainly made him look intimidating. But that wasnt the scariest thing about this man. He was an Ex-hero. One of the original founding members of the Guardians, The Atomic Fist, a name most heroes would remember as the man who brought the S-class villain Diablo down in a single punch. He extended his hand to the Heroes and smiled slightly. "Thanks for coming...weve got one hell of a mess here. Turns out a third inmate is unaccounted for." he produced a file from behind his back but said the mans name and number from memory. "Prisoner 473956-J, Bruce Loyde. He was some no name thug who worked with alot of big name crooks. He has been in every prison from here to florida. Keeps getting out on shortened sentences. You wanna take a look at the scene?" he asked the final question as he gestured to the massive gates, a bit deceptive considering there was a smaller door for personnel entrance.
Yahhah Yahhah

Icendiary and Montagne
Omega Max

The pair turned as the warden stepped out. Baxter's eyes widened underneath his mask as he realized who the man was but one wouldn't really be able to tell and he said nothing of it. They kept respectively silent during his explanation, although Baxter's eyes continued to scan the area as if he thought he might've missed a clue outside. As the warden finished his explanation Baxter answered his question. "Yeah, unless you have some kind of guess as to where these guys ran off looking around inside for some kind of clue is possibly our only chance. Unless you fancy looking for a needle in an earth sized haystack", referring to Frank on that last comment who ignored him in favor of questioning the warden.
"I agree with Incendiary that
having a look inside is our best bet, but this Bruce man, what are his abilities? I would assume he is no normal man to be locked in an institute such as this, and going into any job without all the information is nothing short of foolish" he asked, Baxter and Frank stood by to wait for an answer.

FearItself FearItself

Local Pier

Captain Black Boots & Crystallia

There was quite some commotion going on at the local pier. Michelle Gemme, who goes under the name of Crystallia, had attempted sneaking into Captain Black Boot's ship to get her hands on all the treasure Black Boots had collected. However, she didn't count on Captain Black Boots having security cameras around his ship. Peter Jones, who goes by the name of Captain Black Boots, wasn't happy with someone trying to steal all his treasure, and he would do whatever needed to make sure this thief didn't steal it.

"Just let it go." Michelle said to the captain. "You just don't know when to give up, do you?" She added. Peter was noticeably upset, and his expression reflected that. "What are you talking about? This treasure's mine! My crew and I have worked hard to round up all these treasures, and I'm not about to let you simply come in and take it all with you." Peter said to her, coming closer with an intimidating expression. Michelle rolled her eyes. "What kind of pirate has security cameras anyway?" Michelle replied. "Look honey, we can do this the easy way or the hard way." She added. "It's up to you." Peter seemed to just get more upset. "Then let's do it the easy way: get off of my ship!" Peter told Michelle.

"Very well, you asked for it." Michelle said, as she started jumping around the crates and barrels that were on the ship, in an attempt to get past Peter. Peter realized what she was trying to do, and didn't let her fast movements distract him from what was important. He kept guarding the door that leads to the treasure chest. Michelle then tried to shoot a crystal shard at Peter, hoping that would be enough to bring him down, but Peter's metallic parts easily took the attack without much damage. "So you want to try and fight, don't you?" Captain Black Boots said, as he called nearby marine creatures to help stop Michelle. He knew he wasn't as fast as this girl, but not even she would be able to dodge all the animals coming at her. Crabs crawled their way onto the ship, and seagulls came and started to harass Michelle, making her unable to focus. Peter then got close to her, and lifted her with his right hand. "I'll say this one last time: Get off of my ship!"

Peter then tossed Michelle far away, so far that even he couldn't see where she landed. "That should teach her to not mess with this hardened sailor." Peter said. As for Michelle, she landed in the middle of the city, right into a small tree in the city park. Once she got down from the tree, she began to think about what she was going to do now, while she got every last leaf and branch off of her. "Well, that didn't go very well. Seems like that metalhead is actually smarter than he looks." Michelle said to herself.

Michelle walked around the city wondering what she should do next. That robbery was a failure, but Michelle knew by now that she had other options. After one of her greatest robberies ever, she had finally managed to get into the extremely exclusive Exodus Nightclub. To be honest the night scene surrounded by criminal masterminds was something that didn't bother her. She had worked for some of those powerful and rich people before, getting a good payment out of it, and other times she had managed to steal from some of them without anyone ever knowing. Her plan now would be to check on some of the most influential and rich people in the club and see if they had any work for her. In several occasions she had made thousands of dollars in a single night by completing a mission for some of them.

The Library

Winter & Mega-Silver

Julie had gone to visit the library to return some books she had checked out last week, and borrow some new ones for this week. She was talking to the librarian at the moment. Julie wasn't very talkative, and was generally silent most of the time. Some people even thought she was mute because she'd never talk to them. Others thought she was arrogant and believed herself to be better than them. But the truth was that she's just shy.

Meanwhile, Gregory had been getting some books for a future project of his. He had been studying a lot lately, because he was planning to start inventing gadgets and other things to help him and other heroes in their fight against crime. He was checking some books, when he suddenly felt something vibrate in his pocket. Gregory took out a small rectangular device, and saw the new missions. "Gee... this can't be good..." Gregory said as he read the missions. He then looked over at Julie. "Psst... Julie! Come here for a minute." He said, trying to get Julie's attention,while keeping his volume low since they were still in the library. Julie looked over at Gregory, and walked towards him.

"What's going on?" Julie asked her friend. "There's been a breakout at Omega Max." Gregory whispered to Julie. Julie gasped, and seemed worried. "What? But Omega Max is the most secure prison on Earth, where only the most dangerous criminals are kept." Julie whispered back. "Whoever broke out of there must be someone really dangerous." She added. Gregory nodded. "According to this, the missing prisoners are Neon and Slayer." Gregory whispered back to Julie. This made Julie get even more nervous. "You mean... Slayer, the one who killed five heroes?" Julie asked, her voice giving obvious clues of her fear. "Yes, him." Gregory replied. "We've got to get those two before they can cause more trouble. But don't worry, a mission like this one will bring in lots of other heroes. We won't be alone." Gregory said. Julie nodded silently. "Let's get going then."

Julie and Gregory both left the library, put on their super suits, and got themselves ready to go to Omega Max and get working on this mission. On the way they encountered Rachel, known as Yellow Flare, already with her super suit on. "You both going for Omega Max too?" Rachel asked them. Gregory and Julie nodded. "Great! It's been a while since we all got to work together!" Rachel said with excitement. "What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Rachel said, as she engulfed herself in flames and flew straight ahead to Omega Max. Julie and Gregory followed, though they weren't as fast as her.

Last edited:
Sylvester
A slight tinge of disappointment formed on Sylvester, maybe the lust for just a tad more of difficulty from the Red Guard. Now every second spent waiting at the precinct was wasted time he could be using to rescue to Carapathia family and keep his check of money en route."Seems we have nothing more to go over, Mr. Red Guard. Appreciate how civil you've been, and I'd adore it further if you just let me handle the case of poor ol' Nicolai's family. Just a favour from an old friend to another, he's well aware of the details. Please don't let another hero or officer wander through that penthouse, wouldn't want to have to hurt them all too." Sylvester said this all with a smile, and winked devilishly before turning on the jet black heels of his shoes, and headed for the car. Easier than I thought. Mission accomplished.

Crystallia
Michelle knew what she should do next. If she could find someone else from the Exodus Nightclub, she might be able to see if they have any missions available for her. After all, working for rich people tends to come with richer rewards. As Michelle wandered around the city, he say Sylvester talking to Red Guard. "Wait a moment, that's Mr. Thompson." Michelle thought. It was the founder and owner of the Exodus Nightclub himself. Michelle had knew him for some time, specially after she herself managed to join the Exodus Nightclub. He was well known to be a powerful millionaire with connections to a lot of important people, including the richest people in town. Even if he didn't have any work for her, maybe he'd know of someone who did.

Michelle got closer as Sylvester made his way to his car. "Mr. Thompson." She began, getting his attention. "I'm glad to see you. I hope I'm not interrupting anything important." Michelle said as she awaited for Sylvester's answer.

Omega Max

Winter, Mega-Silver and Yellow Flare

Gregory, Julie and Rachel arrived at the famous prison, noticing that there's already several other heroes in the location. "I hope we're not too late." Mega-Silver said as the trio arrived at the location. Mega-Silver immediately recognized The Atomic Fist. He had heard many heroes speak of him, but he had never actually seen him in person. As for Winter, when she saw the other heroes, she had mixed feelings. On one side, she felt a bit safer that more heroes had come to help against these villains, but on the other hand, she was never really comfortable in crowds, so she was a bit nervous about that. Meanwhile, Yellow Flare seemed excited as she saw everyone. "So, is there any clue to where the prisoners might've gone, or should we check inside first?" Yellow Flare asked.

Montagne and Incendiary
The two heroes stood by and waited on the Atomic Fist to respond to Montagne's question. Incendiary turned slightly towards the new bunch of heroes who had newly arrived at the scene. Montagne set about to answering the Flare's question. "We have yet to look around inside" he said with some signature stoicness he turned back to Atomic Fist. "If we do not hurry the villains will no doubt escape our grasps. I suppose we will take a look inside if you would be willing to give me a few details about this Bruce on the way inside". Montagne seemed to be referring to himself and Incendiary when he said we, and the two Crusaders began to walk towards the prison's doors to inspect the crime scene.

Mentioned: Redfork2000 Redfork2000 FearItself FearItself

Omega Max
The Warden

Atomic fist nodded as the others showed up but when questioned about bruce he shook his head. "Bruce has no powers to speak of. He does seem to be really lucky though. He has had run ins with over two dozen different heroes ranging from veterans to rookies and he survives every time. Hes just a sleazeball with decades of being a sleazeball, the other two are where the real worries lie." he opened the side door leading them into the prisons multilayered system of gates. Once past the gates the massive dome like structure came into view. The dome itself was a marvel of modern technology, able to have nuclear weapons detonated within it without even being scratched. Furthermore it was not actually a dome, rather a massive sphere with 75% of it being underground. The above grlund section was the courtyard, below that was the cell block and everything else the prison needed. 50 years of metahuman containment technology made this an impregnable prison. Until today that was.

"This is the main entrance here, its gonna take us underground about six hundred feet. We will arrive in the barraks where i will report to the control room. The inmates are all in their cells and you will be given free reign to investigate the facility. Bruce's cell is on B4's Soft wing. Victor's Cell was on B7's Razor wing.
John's cell is all the way at the bottom, B13's Solitary confinement. The escape site was The courtyard itself, on the surface."
he made the explaination as the underground lift carried them down into the depths of the closest thing to hell on earth. The air smelled sterile, almost like a hospital, amd the hum of the florecent lights filled the air.

Finally the lift stoped and a retinal scan confirmed the Wardens identity before he continued to lead them to the control room. From there he turned with his data pad and transfered the top secret access codes which would allow them to open the doors of the prison, and the facility map which would allow them to navigate the facility. "You guys be careful down there...your basically walking into the lions den. The worlds worst criminals are down there so keep your wits about you. If things turn south i wont hesitate to lock down the facility wether or not your inside." with that he opened the control room doors for the heroes revealing the 4th basement cell block.

Yahhah Yahhah Redfork2000 Redfork2000
~~~
Red Guard
Omega max

Joseph looked surprised, that was an odd meeting and he kinda got a bad feeling from that guy. Northeless he too spun on his heel taking off again at his triple digit jogging speed making it to the ferry just in time to cross with a group of three heroes one of whome he recognized as mega silver the leader of another hero faction. Which likely meant the other two were cohorts of his. When the ferry landed on three mile island they were greeted by another gathering of heroes and the warden of the prison who gave them a speech while they walked and road through a strange elevator. When they finally arrived in the control center his suspicions of the danger of this mission were conformed. If things went bad they would be trapped here. A sneaking suspicion began to rise in him that he knew full well who was responsible for this
~~~​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back