• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

smooshie

can't touch this
THE IDEA
The story will revolve around a small group of genetically modified humans living on a tropical island. They're test subjects who have only known life in a lab until waking up on sandy shores one morning without warning. No supplies have been left with them, but the island itself is a treasure trove of resources if they know where to look and learn to work together. It's unclear what the purpose of them being left here is, but be certain that there are eyes watching their every move; on and off the island.
THE GIST
This is meant to be a survival story that may feel slice-of-life at some points, but is ultimately a dark adventure/mystery. There's plenty of room for other genres (comedy, romance, action, etc), but keep in mind that this is a story meant to evolve and develop along with the cast. The ultimate goal is to survive daily life and events that break out on the island, but also unravel the purpose you're all here to begin with, while potentially looking for a way to escape.
THE RULES
TOS - Respect the website's terms and conditions please. This story will be rated 18+ due to mature themes, but cast members are expected to incorporate these elements tastefully. Don't use or overuse explicit language unnecessarily (it's ok to have a potty mouth as long as your character isn't swearing every other breath). Nudity and romance may be mentioned, but please do not go into graphic detail for the sake of the story (and your account) remaining open. Gore and some horror elements will be involved, but again, be tasteful about what you write and don't go overboard.

Activity - Cast members will each be expected to post weekly (1 post minimum in a 7 day period). It's a very doable deadline, especially since you may write as little or as much as you desire (but absolutely NO one liners please). As long as you give your cast members enough to work with for their posts then the story should progress nicely. If you're someone who struggles with meeting posting deadlines or finishing their CS Sheets/Profiles on time, then this will not be the story for you.

OOC - Discord will be used for all OOC chatter, planning, and organizing. A link will be sent only after members and their completed CS Sheets/Profiles are are accepted. The same rules will apply in the Discord as they do this story (be kind, be mindful, be mostly appropriate).

Roles - Will NOT be first come first serve. I will keep track of who is interested and in which role, but completing your CS Sheets/Profiles will be the primary factor in securing your spot in the story. Once we have enough interest I will generate the CS Sheets and then switch the 'interested' list to 'accepted' and fill in with approved members. Please note that you will primarily be in charge of creating your own CS sheet, but will need to include the required information I will provide once ready.

Characters - Will need to range 18-40 in age, no exceptions. Minors will not be accepted and characters can't be so old that they barely stand a chance at surviving long in the story (death may happen in due time though, prepare yourself). Anime or art will be the only face claims I accept, so if you prefer using realistic faces then this is not the story for you. Likewise, I expect face claims to be of good quality and please avoid using direct art of characters from shows or stories (as in please do not use an image of Sailor Moon straight from the show, but if you find nice art I may accept). There is a supernatural/ superpower element to this story due to the cast members being genetic experiments. Their DNA has been spliced with a combination of two creatures (more will be explained in the CS once posted) so they will have physical/cosmetic modifications and be able to do things normal humans cannot. Limitations will be expected, but there will be more talk of that in the CS as well.

Disclaimers - This is a safe (for us, maybe not our cast) environment where mutual respect, patience, and communication are expected. If I feel anyone is violating the rules or causing conflict then I have the right to remove as seen fit. New rules may also be added as needed and old ones removed at my discretion. As for aesthetics, I apologize that things aren't pretty, but I'm still relatively new to this website and learning the coding. You may make things as pretty or as simple as you please, but please do not judge myself, others, or this story if your cosmetics standards aren't being met. At the end of the day, it's the writing and a trustworthy cast that will help this story prevail!

THE CAST

1/2 Interested & 6/6 Completed

The Leader - Taken - SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles - M - Barn Owl & Calabar Python
An all rounded individual who shouldn't initially have any bad intentions. Their primary responsibility is keeping tabs on the wellbeing of the group and aiding each member wherever, and whenever, needed. They work closely with all roles and delegate most tasks to ensure everyone is keeping busy and pulling their weight.
The Forager - Taken - SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles - F - Red Fox & Ocelot
Carries the heavy burden of making sure there's always enough food to sustain the group. Luckily there are plenty of resources to be found on the island and they should rarely come up empty handed unless something unforeseen occurs. Most of their foraging is done on land and while their primary responsibility is gathering food, they are also tasked with collecting any raw materials other members request.
The Hunter - Taken - AstroBunny AstroBunny - M - Cheetah & Lion
Another member whose main priority is keeping the group fed. Instead of foraging for fruits, roots, or nuts, they're charged with tracking down the diverse wildlife and harvesting it for meat and materials. They work closely with the Forager and Fisher to make sure the group doesn't go hungry, but also lend their skills to the Warrior whenever a threat arises.
The Builder - Taken - AKULA AKULA - F - Darwin's Spider & Weaver Ant
A hard worker skilled with their hands; they're in charge of creating and maintaining all shelters and structures. They rarely leave the safety of the base since there's plenty to keep busy with and work closely with the Crafter.
The Crafter - Taken - 123 123 - M - Axolotl & Planaria
Detail-oriented and patient, this member is skilled with utilizing resources and crafting amenities to make life more comfortable. Working closely with the Builder, they aid with the shelters while also providing clothing and a variety of tools for everyone. They also rarely leave the base and instead request supplies for the Forager or Fisher to retrieve.
The Guard - Taken - L0ck0n L0ck0n - F - Alaska-Yukon Moose & African Wild Dog
Many threats lurk on the island and no one is more physically capable of handling them than this member. The primary safety of everyone rests on their shoulders and so they're always alert and ever diligent. The Hunter and Leader lend their strength when they can, but with their own duties to tend to it is often up to this individual to patrol and defend on their own.
The Fisher - Taken - smooshie smooshie - F - Sea Snake & Cuttlefish
More apt for the water than land, they share the same responsibilities as the Forager and Hunter in providing food and supplies, but only of the aquatic variety. No one else can match their prowess in the water and so it is solely up to them to scour the ocean and lagoons found deeper within the jungles on the island.
The Wildcard - Taken - Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse - M - Komodo Dragon & Hyena
Whether it is due to a lack of skill or an unfavorable personality, this person has a hard time finding their role within the group. Whether they care to contribute or simply feel pressured to is their business, but the Leader keeps a close eye on them to make sure they're not causing trouble or lazing about. Most of the time they rotate their rounds with the other members, trying to figure out where they best belong.

Last edited:
Thank you, just contact me when I need to give my discord!
Discord links will actually be sent out once CS sheets are complete! They'll be small and easy enough to fill out and I'll post them up once we have enough interest shown

- bump -

Had to change the prefix from 'Fantasy' to 'Modern' since there's strange science and paranormal/fantastical elements, but no actual magic going on. Almost done with the CS sheet though! Waiting to see more interest before I post it, however ~​

I am tentatively interested in the forager. How drastic can the physical modifications be?

I am tentatively interested in the forager. How drastic can the physical modifications be?
There's a lot of leeway with the modifications as long as the characters look primarily human at the end of the day. They may be covered in scales or armor, have extra appendages (legs, wings, tails), even display colorful or changing skin patterns, but we are avoiding complete anthro creatures. I'm pretty flexible though, so just let me know what you're thinking and I'm happy to give feedback!

- bump -

On that note, we have majority interest shown! I'm going to take a quick lunch break, but will be back afterwards with the CS sheets for those interested to begin working on!​

CS SHEET
- ave goin insane ave goin insane Abyss Abyss Mirai-chan Mirai-chan AstroBunny AstroBunny Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse -

Sorry about that wait! The CS can be found in the spoiler below:
Genepool_CS.png

I should have my own completed CS up in a few if you would like to wait for an example, but please post them here when completed! They're fairly straight-forward and should be easy to complete within a 3 day period :) Feel free to reach out if you have questions and refer to the rules where applicable!

As you can see, I'm still wrangling with the coding, but Phara's CS is complete:

• cloudyzan bee - artist
    F25SSCF'Pharah'The Fisher
    25Sea Snake & CuttlefishDark Brown hair
    F (She/Her)5'7" (170cm)Goldenrod eyes
    PansexualSlender Shape - Inverted Triangle Figure - Light Muscle ToneEars are tipped with elongated fins • A very fine coat of scales covers her flesh from head to toe; usually only visible in direct light • Webbing between fingers and toes • Two retractable fangs replace her upper canines • Forked tongue • A long, thin scar travels down from her left eyebrow to the middle of her left cheek

The darkness scared her most. After years of being thrust into it, F25SSCF should have grown accustomed to the sensory test by now, but it wasn't the loss of her senses that frightened her; it was the overwhelming, almost suffocating, pressure of loneliness. She knew there were bodies on the other side of the glass, but they were out of reach and out of sight. Not even their breaths could be heard though she was certain she would have been able to hear a mouse's heartbeat in this resounding silence. How long had it been? There was no concept of time in the tank, but her lungs felt fine. Surely hours had passed, but there could still be hours yet to endure. What did they gain from this? What was it that they jotted down on those clipboards they always carried? If it was an answer they were looking for then was there one to be found if it they were still searching after decades? The cold didn't really bother F25SSCF, yet she craved the warmth of another being. Long fingers pressed against the glass that contained her, hoping to sense a shred of life on the other side. Was her father in the room? Flesh and blood did not bind them, but there was no one else in her life whom she was closer to; who treated and loved her as she imagined a daughter should be. For a moment her golden eyes thought they caught of glimpse of a shadow in the darkness and her fingertips hummed with a sense of familiarity, but the sensation was fleeting.

While I continue fixing her coding I'll also create the discord and hopefully have the majority of it setup by the time CS's begin turning in. Regardless, it probably won't be ready and linked until tomorrow so take this time to brainstorm and work on your characters ~

Last edited:
- bump -

Still can't figure out the very bottom of my cs coding, but leaving it alone for now! The Discord is mostly finished and will be available to accepted cast members ~​

It definitely is! I'll mark you down as interested for the spot. The CS sheet can be found a few posts up above ~
Thank you. Where do I send the cs after im done? just here? Sorry, it's my first time here. But not my first time roleplaying.

Thank you. Where do I send the cs after im done? just here? Sorry, it's my first time here. But not my first time roleplaying.
No worries; I'm also new to this site and this is my first time making a story here. You can just post it here in the thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back