• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"O-Oh, thank you..." Aqua mumbled to Cambrid. But before she could take his hand, Ryo stepped in and helped her up instead. Whatever she was about to say was cut off when his hand reached somewhere unruly. "Kya!" she shrieked, retaliating with a sharp backhand. "I'm a goddess! You can't defile me like this!"

P PopcornPie Virus Virus GeorgeTownRaja GeorgeTownRaja

He covered his ears groaning,"miss, what the crud!? I didn't do anything!", he saw the boy that intervened, and pulled him away,"mate, I don't want this to happen for the patrons to see, do you not understand, lad?", he said in a low menacing voice.

He put him away and walked up to the girl, flashing a smile at her,"now... Ugh, where are my manners... I'm Cambrid, you are?"

"Ugh, the nerve of that guy!" Aqua remarked, straightening the short skirt she had. "I'll show him my Goddess Requiem yet..."

She looked at Cambrid, the confident smile returning to her face as if nothing happened. "I am the goddess Aqua of the Axis Sect! You must feel blessed by my presence, which is a perfectly normal reaction!" A bright aura seemed to emenate from Aqua, almost sparkling.

Virus Virus GeorgeTownRaja GeorgeTownRaja

At the entrance to Club Menagerie, a blue colored, oval shaped portal opened, quickly depositing a rather well dressed man before disappearing from existence. The man grumbled lowly as he straightened a blood red tie across his black and white suit. "Should have told Sans no when I had the chance. Just haaaaad to get caught in karaoke night, didn't I? Now I'm five minutes late, at least ten minutes early, and-" The man stopped in his tracks as he looked down at the small...boy? sitting down next to the doorway, his bright purple eyes fixated on what did, in fact, appear to be a small kid with a TV on his head. Or, was that his actual head?

"Ah, hello, are you alright?" The man asked, curious as to why anyone would just be sitting down in front of the door. "You seem a bit...lost. Need any help?"

proiettile proiettile

"You look stunning laddete...", he almost forggoten about finding Laura, but he shook his head muttering,"stop, stop, stop..."
Soon enough, he found her in the roof,"what's that noise upstairs...", he gave the girl in front an awkward look,"am I hearing things or is there someone up in the attic..."

Grim Matchstick
"Well, ok-k-kay, Ryo, you leave me no choice..." He seized Ryo by the scruff of his neck with his tail, gently lifting him back over his desk. "So s-s-sorry! I'll tell the staff not to charge you for your m-m-meal, if you'd like." He was blushing as brightly as if he were the one to pinch her tailpipe. Surely, Ryo knew that his stunt could get him blacklisted?
StaidFoal StaidFoal
Entrapta
"Oh, nothing like that. Animals aren't very good test subjects. They bite..." Once, Entrapta was bedridden after an infection caused by a lab rat bite. "I love to work with robots instead! I keep telling the others to trust my robots, but they won't..." She remarked, a little sad.
Virus Virus

As the man walked through the portal, the child absorbs the materials he was futzing with back into his TV head. As he spoke, it was like a younger child speaking, but there were glitches in his voice, and a soft static in the background as he spoke.
"I... no sir, I'm n-not lost. I was just waiting to see if anyone was gonna come out... and I'm alright." On the screen, a : ) appeared onto it.

Puppernickel Puppernickel

"Geez, what's up with that girl?" Ryo thought about Aqua. "She may be a goddess but that still doesn't make her one." He thought. "I need to focus more on my job if I want to keep my job." He thought.

He walks away from Aqua as he continues with his job to avoid getting distracted any further unless female newcomers are joining the party.

P PopcornPie StaidFoal StaidFoal

Laura

"I couldn't say the same, miss. I'm working on one at the moment yet either it won't boot or my friend just happens to waltz his butt onto my workspace. Other than that, it's perfectly fine-", she listened to the conversation happening in the lobby,"I think we've been spotted, my friend has excellent hearing, and I think I've been ratted out..."

She quickly turned into a shadow as quickly as she can, but tripped and fell on stage and darted back up the rafters

"I'm not hearing things, it's her..."

He watched with interest as the boy took the items he'd been playing with into the screen on his head, seemingly unperturbed by the act. 'But then, I've seen much worse, or more frightening, haven't I?', he silently mused to himself. "Well, I'm glad to hear that then. Ah, forgive me! Where are my manners!"

He then snapped his fingers, bowing slightly with a flurish as he returned the smiley face with two of his own, one on his face, the other a violet coloured ethereal construct, which he left floating next to his head. "My name is Niemand Jemand, or simply Nie for short. Who might you be?" He asked as he held out a hand, trying his best to appear as friendly as possible.

proiettile proiettile

Entrapta
(Feat. Laura, in the rafters)
Entrapta was completely, utterly delighted, which she made known with a squeal. "Can I touch it? Work on it?" She chirped. "Maybe the wires connecting your mechanisms to your power source are bad, or the motor is insufficient, or-" She was a little confused, and a little disappointed, when the subject was suddenly changed.

"Oh, I must have been too loud..." Entrapta mused, looking down at Cambrid. "Lucky says I have no indoor voice-"

"And it's true, Lassie!" They could hear a familiar Scottish voice far below.

"-But he has really good ears, too, so I'm not sure how loud I really am." Entrapta tapped her chin. "Of course, I'm usually just talking to myself, and-AAAH! WATCH OUT!"

She failed to catch Laura as she fell.

Sierra
The Sylveon was absolutely splitting at her sides. "What a great routine! One more round of applause, everyone!" She joined in the applause, as the stand up comedian went back through the curtains. "That guy really knows how to perk up a crowd, does-YAAAAAH!"

The audience had one more laugh as someone came crashing down on poor Sierra, squashing her like a Caterpie. Right before she could yell, the girl turned into a shadow, wowing the audience, but also giving away Entrapta's location.

"Entrapta! Get down from there!" Sierra ordered. "You have a club in need of refills!"

Virus Virus

The child looked in awe as he actually bowed in front of him. First time for everything. He quickly stood up, because he felt... a bit better about himself, with someone treating him with any kind of respect. He shook Nie's hand, his other arm glitching slightly.

"My name's Syn Maorabotic. Please just call me Syn." The smile didn't leave his TV screen.

CambrId
"That girl...", he said, getting up and help the sylveon,"you alright miss? I apologize for my friend, she has absolutely no manners, laddete", and quickly eyed the shadow with the look of 'come here...'

Laura

"No, no no no no!!", she pulled her hood off, her helmet popped off and her armor retracted, showing her red jacket,"he's going to kill me, ugh no...", she didn't notice that her armor retracted, and if someone was very clever and recognized her as the worlds most dangerous shadow villain in her world, the whole club would pin her down like an insect with a Pin.

"Sorry, miss. I hate him, he's... Just... Very... How do I put this... Flirtatious! He won't leave me... Alone...", she pulled her hair in anger.

Then she noticed her armor was gone,"aww crud...", she darted off.

"You have embarrassed yourself twice! I'm leaving, no... I'm not, I'm brave, I can let people know! Of course they won't recognize me as a villain, no way...", she stated to herself, talking to herself like entrapta,"oh, who m I kidding, I'm talking to myself..."

Nie smiled, feeling the child's happiness washing over him, easing the dull aches and pains that he had forgotten existed. Even in such small amounts it made him feel better.... For a moment Nie just stood there, smiling slightly, a look of slight bliss on his face before he shook his head to clear it. "Syn, hmm? What an interesting name. Ah, if you'd like, I could help you enter, as it seems the guards are currently... occupied...." Glancing over at the bouncer's booth, Nie noticed with slight agitation that no one seemed to be manning it currently.

His agitation was only added to when he felt a sharp spike of negative emotions coming from inside the club, almost immediately followed by loud laughter. Felt like someone on stage had been one uped again, but there was a particularly strong addition of negativity...was that fear, or worry? Or something else?

proiettile proiettile

He looked over to the bouncer's booth, also realizing that no one's there. Syn then turned to Nie, noticing the ever-so-slight agitation and everything else that had just hit him. He was still smiling, though.

"Ah... uh... thank you sir!" His screen went from smiling to '^-^'. "I was just waiting for someone to come out... even though I can go through it easily. But yeah.. I-It'd be nice if you could help..." The child's naivety started to get the best of him.

Almost by reflex, the glowing smiley face floating next to Nie's head changed to match the expression shown on the screen, before quickly being dispelled in a silent burst of static as Nie realizes he left the summon up.

Even as the static fades Nie turns back to Syn while continuing to smile, trying his best to shut the emotions slowly drifting through the air out of his mind and focus on the task at hand: namely, calming the kid down a bit, as Niemand could feel his emotions starting to stir faintly.

"Well, it's quite simple then, as long as you know the rules." His smile falters ever so slightly as he blinks. "Ahhhh.....have you, ever been to the Menagerie before? Or do you require a run down of the rules?" He asked kindly.

proiettile proiettile

Pavel told Sierra then that a menu would be great. Saving a trip allows him to work sooner. He needed to figure out his plan to get back home.

While he was working, sketching in his notebook, somebody must've gone onstage. He didn't notice, as he was too busy, but it seemed that Tektite was at least invested.

At one point, the audience applauded, and Pavel could hear Sierra being amongst them. He was greatly concentrated on his drawings, so when he heard Sierra suddenly screaming, he was extremely frightened. Accidentally dropping his notebook and pen, he whipped around to see a large shadow with her. Also, Tektite expectedly reacted to this by hiding its head again.

"Oh, are you OK?! What happened?" Pavel was greatly concerned. He swore that if these kinds of things kept happening, he'd go Manic.

P PopcornPie

Syn tilted his TV head a bit to the side, still pretty calm. Both of his arms were glitching ever so slightly, it was barely noticeable to any normal person.

"A-ah... yes. It's my first time here, so I... well, I don't really know the rules." In the corner of his screen, the words "cheer up" appeared, in a smaller font.

Nie froze for a moment, staring at those small words sitting on the screen. What had they seen? Had his mask slipped? Was his discomfort really that apparent? All these questions danced across his mind, but Nie pushed them to the side and took a breath, visibly taking a moment to compose himself as he closed his eyes for a few moments... then let the breath go, before smiling softly at Syn, giving him a slight nod.

"Well, the rules of the club are as follows." He begins, a pair of ethereal hands appearing to straighten his tie as he clasped his real hands behind his back.

"First, if you're going to fight, no killing. In fact, we prefer no fighting at all, put since there IS a bar present, someone is bound to start a fight, so we changed the rule slightly. Second...." He paused to glance down at the boy for a moment, conflicted on how to put it. "...dont do anything impolite, or things that only adults tend to do. Third, of someone's on stage and you want a try, just wait your turn politely." Nie leans forward for a moment, opening his eyes. "We have Open Mic Night, see. Anyone can perform their act, but we need to all take our turn.

"Forth, no temper tantrums. We understand that some people have problems, and might relieve such problems via physical means. This doesnt mean you can simply try to, say, throw the entire club into the sun, for instance. Fifth,"
Here Niemand twitches visibly, his smile becoming glassy for a moment. "No. Poisoning. The Drinks........Sixth and final! No weapons beyond the checkpoint." He gestures towards the Bouncer's Post, before frowning. "...where in the world is Grim? He should be here. He's almost ALWAYS here.....oh dear. I hope he isn't sick."

proiettile proiettile

On the opposite side of his screen, they had been popping up as follows:
1. don't kill people
2. don't try to absorb drugs. at all.
3. be considerate
4. don't be a pissy bitch
5. no cyanide in rum
6. no illegal weaponry

As Nie finished, and twitches, Syn had listened perfectly, and seemed calm. Key words: seemed.

"Ah... got it. So... stuff that they make us do at camp? And who's Grim?" Replacing the "cheer up", a "you good?" was put there.

"Oh, Grim would be one of the heavy lifters of the establishment. A Bouncer, if you would." Nie nods, glancing over and seeing the notes layed out across the screen, as well as the change in the corner.

After a moments thought, Nie gave a slight nod, as if mentally debating something, then flicked one of his hands through the air in a rapid motion. In response, the pair of ethereal hands that had been adjusting his tie the entire time moved back, floating behind his head and making rapid hand gestures, leaving behind glowing white words in the air, which disappeared rapidly after they were conjured into being.

The first phrase read "Grim = Friend" while the second, which stayed slightly longer, read "Empath, cant control proper"

proiettile proiettile

As the words flashed on Nie's side, his screen, other than the notes, cleared, and in the top right corner, the words "nie = friend?" appeared, with another smiling face. He then went to go for the door, stopping before he grabbed the door handle.

"Oh... uh... c-can you open the door?" Both of his hands were fully glitched out by now. He couldn't grab, or pick up anything at the moment.

Last edited:
Dax blinked, coming out of her stupor, only to find that whatever conversation she had been invited to had moved on without her. She leaned back in her chair, a confused look on her face as she debated whether or not to bother trying to respond at this point.

Entrapta
(Feat. Laura, in the rafters)
"So? I don't mind. I talk to myself all the time." Entrapta blinked. "So that male down there is always trying to get with you? Why's that bad? He seems nice." She watched Cambrid assist Aqua like a bat. "Lucky usually doesn't take that tone with strangers."

Unfortunately, now Sierra was yelling at her. "Sorry! I'm a little busy right now!" Entrapta called down. "I'm helping."
Virus Virus

Grim Matchstick
(Feat. Nie and Syn, in the lobby)
"Oh! I'm right h-h-h-here!" The dragon reappeared before Nie, wagging his tail. "H-h-hello!" He bent his head down to talk to Syn. "N-n-n-neat mask!" His eyes glittered with amazement. "You can even make words appear? H-h-h-how are you doing that?" Alas, screens in Inkwell Isle were very rare to come by, and Grim especially didn't know people could wear them on their heads.

"Th-th-thanks for telling him the rules for me, Nie. I was watching other things go d-d-d-down." Grim flicked his tail towards the door. "S-s-s-someone came in, he wasn't armed, but one of the g-g-g-guests seems afraid of him..." He say Cambrid talk to Lucky, and Lucky didn't seem to tense up, which was surely a good sign...Though Lucky's anger was probably focused on Grim himself for spilling his drink. Last he checked, the rabbit was still staring miserably at it.
Puppernickel Puppernickel proiettile proiettile
Sierra
(Feat. Raven, Tektite, and Dax in the main dining area)
"Yes, I'm fine." Sierra waved off Pavel's concerns. "But, oh, for the love of..." Sierra facepawed. "Fine. Help whoever it is. But you better come down before people start getting thirsty!" Mumbling about Entrapta's scattered brains, she continued on her way to the kitchen. As she strutted by Dax, the latter's pretty white hair caught her eyes by the corners.

"Hey, there! Love your hair." Sierra winked. "You want a menu, too? I was just on my way to get a couple."
Yamperzzz Yamperzzz Noivian Noivian

Perking up, Dax turned to see who was talking to her, and startled slightly to see a Sylveon. She hadn't expected there to be any other Pokemon in the establishment, but didn't let it bother her much either way. "Oh, yes please!" she responded, half awkwardly. "And thanks, I work really hard to keep it neat."

P PopcornPie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back