• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Curse Warning

Suddenly a hologram appeared in front of Ollie. He stepped back, surprised. Thoris appeared. Well rather her head appeared. She spoke in a level tone but Ollie could tell there was a tinge of worry in it. ”We have news that someone has invaded the city. A shadow of Cyrus. You know what to do. Fight bravely.” Thoris’s head disappeared into thin mist.

“Fuck,” Ollie cursed. “Geela is out there, in the city. Because of me.” Horrors struck Ollie. What if she got killed because of his actions. He started running, adrenalin pumping through him. He ran into the city, deciding to start with the tower. Maybe she had gone back to her friends.

"Hey are you alright?"

Gee looked up at a hooded figure, eyes puffy from crying. The hooded person only gasped, tilting their head while moving their face closer to her's, making her back away. "Stop that, E, you're scaring her," another hooded figure muttered. "But look, Ry! Look at the scar on the left side of her face!" the shorter hood whispered, albeit quite loudly.

The taller figure kneeled down towards her, their gloved hand caressing her face. They let out a muffled, "Geela?" making her eyes go wide. She shot up, backing away from the two. They slowly inched towards her. "A-am I supposed to know you?" she stuutered as they pulled down their hoods, revealing two older boys. She furrowed her brows, stopping.

She'd never seen them in her life. How did they knew her name.

"I- No, you shouldn't," the older of the two whispered, looking at her like it hurt him. "But your brothers could never forget."
^

"Brothers?" she choked as they tackled her into a hug. She let them embrace her awkwardly while the shorter boy jumped up and down. "Yes! I'm Ellis and this is Ryan! He's older than me by two years and you and me are eighteen months apart!"

Gen watched him bounce happily like a little ball of energy. "I've been looking for sixteen years," she stated, sobbing into Ryan's shoulder. "Where have you been? Why did you leave?"

The two boys looked between each other. "We've been... around. We never entered the city in the first place. " Eliis explained. "This is our first time past the gates," Ryan admitted, scratching his nape. Gee looked at them, surprised. "Outside? You've been living through the shadow attacks?" Ryan nodded before Ellis could say anything. "Yeah, it's, um, been hard, I guess?" he said, unsure.

Gen nodded in understanding. "I have your journal, Ry," she whispered. Ryan looked at her, wide-eyed. "You do? I didn't think you'd have it after all these years."

She dried her face, nodding. "Yeah I got it."

"Aw, don't cry baby angel!" Ellis said, squeezing her tight. "We're here now and we don't plan on leaving!" Ry nodded. "Yes. And we're sorry for... Leaving you. It was for the best. Look at how you turned out. Beautiful, strong, probably got a lot of boys." Her older brother winked while she chuckled sadly. "No boys, not yet."

Ollie arrived at the tower, knocking furiously. He had scraped himself running down the hill fats, so he didn’t really look his best. He waited for the door to open, mentally yelling at himself. ‘You’re so stupid! Why did you have to get mad at her? She probably didn’t even lie to you, you just have dumb trust issues. She could be dead thanks to you!’

(Curse warning.)

Nobody opened the door since no one was home.

Keith ran through the halls of the corps, yelling at the solders to get ready for the attacks. Zoey worriedly walked up to her captain. "What about your friends?"

Keith relaxes, putting on his armor. "Two of them are safe at the palace, Steve has the weapons and the bunker, so he's fine. Angel, she's- Fuck. She's fucked." Zoey raised her brows. "She's fucked? Oh gods! She's fucked!"

Keith nodded. "Stop saying fuck!" Zoey yelled back, "You're saying fuck!"

"Ugh! Fuck! Whatever! Send a squad to look for her, send her to Thoris. If they can't find her, tell them to stay in Thoris' house!" the captain yelled at his Co, making her sprint out of the room.

Ry raised a brow. "No boys? Dang."

Suddenly a large shadow, no, demon appeared behind them. "Have you convinced her?" he asked, his voice cold.

Gee stumbled back from the devil.

"Cyrus," she whispered.

Ollie growled, frustrated. He ran to Thoris’s house. She had a special taking to the messenger. Maybe she would help again

(Curse warning.)

"Hello, little angel. How's Levi?" The devil smirks, voice dripping with venom. Ryan and Ellis look away guiltily.

"You're with him?" she yelled angrily. "He took Mom and Dad? What the fuck?"

"He promised! He can give us Mom and Dad back! We could be a family again!" Ellis yelled, black tears painting his cheeks. Gee looks at him in disgust. "And you believed him? You-you fucking believed that bastard?"

"Yes we did!" Ry yelled. "Join us. Please. We can-"

"They're dead! Mom and Dad are dead!" she roared.

Curse Warning

Ollie knocked on the door loudly. No answer. ‘Fuck me. Of course she’s not here, she’s guarding the diamond palace. And now I waisted time getting here.’ Ollie then proceeds to run around in the city, trying to find her. He asks the few people outside if they had seen her, everyone saying no. Tears started to fall on his cheeks. She was dead, he was sure of it. He didn’t give up his search, hoping to at least catch one of the intruders.

Ellis' face falters. "What? N-no they aren't... They're with- They're." He turns to Cyrus. "You lied to us."

The demon rolls his eyes. "Of course I did! You were five your brother was seven, you were such an easy target. All I needed was your sister, and now you're going to get her for me. You were at your lowest and I chose to spear you! Now-" Ellis took out his dagger while Ray stood in front of his siblings protectively.

Cyrus only laughs. "She doesn't trust you. There's no need to protect her. I can still bring your parents back as long as you follow my commands. The gods are bad people, Geela. You've seen it. They could've brought your friend back, your parents back, but I can do it right now."

The devil created an illusion.

"Mom, Dad?" Ryan asked, walking towards them. Before Ellis could scream out, the eldest was already possessed. His eyes turned to slits.

Ollie sighed, he wondered if there was even a point of searching. She was probably dead. He slowly trudged up one of the hills, the realisation sinking in. How would her friends react if he told them what happened? They would hate his guts no doubt.

(Curse warning.)

Ellis grabbed his sister's hand, running through the city as she protested. "Let go of me you stupid traitor! Let go!"

He didn't, trying to get her to safety. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he whispered. "I'm so stupid." Gee broke free, looking her brother in the eye. "Yeah, you are stupid, but you're my brother and Cyrus is a bad person. Kill me later but we are protecting this city." The fire of determination burned in her eyes as E nodded in response. "Okay."

She led him the corps, suiting up and grabbing a calvary sword.

"Angel!" Zoey called out, tackling her in a hug. "Oh you're okay. Kei was worried sick!" The dark-skinned girl noticed the mess the girl was in, not noticing the boy beside her. "Is everything okay?"

"All good, Zoe. Just found my brothers, saw Cyrus, and got my heart broken by some guy I met a few days ago. I'm-I'm so fucking stupid," she muttered, drying her eyes. "It's fine. I'm fine," she added, recovering quickly.

Zoey frowned. "Stay here. It's not safe."

Gee shook her head, pulling ther older brother along. "Let's go, E."

Zoey tilted her head at the Gee-look-alike. "E?"

Ollie decided he better protect the city, he couldn’t let more than one person die on his watch. He ran into the diamond palace, getting himself armour. He snapped to summon his swords. He made it just in time for the end of the war meeting. Ollie had the position of protecting a hill next to a small village.

(( how about that’s where Ollie sees her and comforts her. ))

// Sure. :-) //

"Keith. Keith!" the girl yelled, speaking into the golden earpiece.

"Huh? Angel? Are you okay? Is everything- Where are you?" he responded, hiding behind a pillar.

"I'm fine. I'm with someone, it's okay. Tell me where you need me."

Keith shook his head, keeping his eye on the nearby shadow. The sky was thundering. 'Rain. I don't like the sound of the that,' the Outlanders all thought at the same time. Ellis stood by his younger sister, eyeing the sky darkly. Darkness was not a good time for a shadow attack, they'd only become more powerful.

"No, I'm not sending you. The troops can handle this."

Angel rolled her eyes at the sound of his commanding voice. "Nuh-uh. I'm a warrior, better than any of your troops. I was trained by a killing machine," she scoffed, keeping at eye on Ellis, who looked as if he was planning something.

"That killing machine was cursed by a shadow and jumped off a cliff. I don't want the same happening to you."

"Fine. I'm heading to the village on the hill and you're not stopping me, Kei." She cut off the connection, nodding at Ellis. "Let's go."

"Wait, Gee, wait." Ellis grabbed her arm. "What?" His eyes scanned her face as if it was the last time he'd see her. Their moment of bliss, if you could even call it that, hadn't lasted long. "You know, you look just like mom," he whispered, placing a hand on the scar that was etched on her left cheek. She nodded, pulling his hand away and turning towards the direction of the village.

"Gee. Whatever happens, know that I've loved you for 16 years. I'm sorry for everything."

She halted, closing her eyes. She was unable to say it back. "Let's go, Ellis."

The boy nodded, swallowing. He knew what was going to happen and all he could do was prevent it.

Ollies face soured. The sky had darkened, lighting flashing in the distance. This wasn’t good. He drew his sword, pacing around the village. He made sure everyone were in their cellars and the doors were all locked. It was up to him to protect the 20 people that lived here. He cracked his knuckles, glad that he had an opportunity to fight. That would take his mind off things. He was expecting a full on shadow attack. Someone who was possessed must have gotten past the gates. From inside the city, Cyrus could summon shadows from the skies.

Cyrus appeared in front of the siblings, smiling sinisterly as Ryan stood behind him, eyes flickering. "Help me," he mouthed.

Gee watched her brother with a hint of sympathy. "Your brothers could never forget." The words rang in her head.

"Ryan, look at me," Gee stuttered. "I don't blame you. It's not your fault. You were young."

The boy sobbed, black tears staining his cheeks. "I was scared. I am scared." Gee smiled sympatheticly, her eyes getting glossy. "I know. I know you are, Ry. You can't let him control you."

Cyrus only laughed. "What could you do to free him from me, little girl? You have nobody. You are nobody."

"Don't talk to my sister like that you sicko!" Ellis yelled, raging with fury. The wind messed his hair as shadows surrounded the sky.

They were still a bit away from the village, so Ollie didn’t notice them. Even with his enhanced hearing, all his attention was on the sky. Shadowy silhouettes descended from the sky, about 50 of them. Most of them went to the village, sensing a Garde. The rest went to Cyrus, awaiting instructions from their master.

(Death warning!)

Their surroundings were obscured by the shadows, the slaves of the devil.

Cyrus frowned at Ellis' tone. "Watch it boy. Your bloodline ends here." Ellis only laughed hysterically, his eyes dilating. He was angry -- so angry. "I'll be the one determining that," the boy seethed, pulling out a large shadow sword. "You made me, Cyrus. I will destroy you."

Instead of the devil rushing forward to fight, Ryan did, fighting his brother with no emotion. It wasn't really Ryan, the seventeen-year-old knew that much. Still, he needed to protect his broken family.

He slowly felt his life shatter. Now that he had let go of the false string of hope that held his life together, Ellis felt as if he was the one becoming a shadow. The only thing he could fight for was his sister. He knew this was a battle he couldn't win.

The brothers fought brutally, their swords clashing, shadows versus shadows. They clashed like the thunder above them, the shadows from the sky howling like dementors. The battle of brother versus brother shook the city; it was clear that people in the Silver Palace could feel the quakes of the raging fight, fire in one's eyes and darkness in another.

"What is that?" Steve muttered, feeling the vibrations of the Earth in his underground bunker. "Gopa..." the red elf whispered, looking up at the ceiling.

Despite the sweat dripping off Ellis' forehead, he was weaker. He was younger and less skilled. And he was right -- Cyrus had made him. Yet what the devil had made could be easily taken away, because at the end of the day, Ellis was just another boy hurt by the universe. Another lonely child in this void of despair.

Then Ryan struck him in the leg.

The possessed boy turned to Geela, knowing how to end this pointless fighting. His real self held back, not wanting to lay a hand on his sister, but his possessed part was too powerful. It was an eclipse, the moon covering the sun, then the darkness takes over. Ryan ran towards the girl, sword ready to attack. His feet thumped against the wet grass as the sky cried once again for the disatrious life of Geela Angelo-Herman. "You were never meant to be happy," Cyrus muttered, watching the fight like a comedy.

Ellis' eyes widened, and without hesitation, he ran. The pain in his leg was nothing compared to what he was about to feel. It would not be the pain of the stab in his back, but rather the pain of leaving his sister in the hell hole we call life. The boy smiled sadly.

Gee pulled out her sword, ready to counter Ryan's attack head on, but the boy teleported behind her, ready to pierce her side. Cyrus was right, she was never meant to be happy. Whatever happened now would now would only break her cracked glass-heart. She gasped as she awaited the feeling of metal and flesh, only to hear a heartbreaking scream that escaped the middle child's lips.

Cyrus smiled victoriously, knowing they'd end themselves soon.

Ryan was let out from his trance, only to stumble back, away from the mess he caused.

Ellis lay dead as the girl they called Angel sobbed over his limp body and the heavens sympathized with her.

"Sixteen years of searching, only to loose you again."

Last edited:
Ollie heard a scream from somewhere outside the village. He figured one of the villagers must have been out and fot attacked by a shadow. He ran toward the sound of the scream, climbing a small hill. With this vantage point he was able to see the scene below. Geela. She was still alive. Relief washed over him. It suddenly stopped, seeing the motionless body beside her and the tears on her cheeks. He then looked even further to the left. Cyrus. Of course it was him. He crept back down the hill, so know one noticed him. He needed an element of surprise.

(Curse warning!)

"Well then, my work here is done. Time to take over-"

"Shut up! Shut up!" Geela screamed, picking up her sword. "I don't give a damn who kicked you out of where but you killed my brother and I won't let that pass you damn devil! You're not touching the palaces, or the temples, or the gods and I'll make sure of it."

She was being blinded by anger and revenge and had no one to stop her. Ryan was too busy taking it all in. There was no one between the devil and the Angel, or so they thought.

Curse Warning.

And then Ollie struck. He was already in the far side of the hill. No one had noticed in the chaos. He ran past all the shadows, slashing his sword through Cyrus. In the nick of time, Cyrus turned into mist, escaping Ollie. His faint words echoed through the small valley, “Very close Ollie, but not fast enough. You will get your chance again, someday.” Ollie turned to Geela, running into her, his arms outstretched in a fierce hug. Tears stained his cheeks. He whispered in her ear, “I know I fucked up. Just please, after this all over, give me a chance. I need to tell you everything.”

She stopped, freezing up. She was dizzy and tired and, gods, she was such a mess. But Cyrus was gone for now.

She pulled away, holding both of his hands in hers. Her grey eyes scanned his face. Even when she was at the edge, he pulled her back without a second thought or a single blink. He put away every factor of her miserable self and simply wrapped his arms around her, shielding her from her sorrows.

Then, she punched his arm. Hard.

"That was for breaking my heart," she explained before tackling him again. "But don't ever leave me again. I'll listen. I'll give you another chance. But if you do it again I will push you off a cliff."

He managed a small chuckled, rubbing his arm. “Don’t worry, I’ll stick with you the rest of my life. Even if you complain.” He studied her face. Even in the middle of tragedy she managed to look beautifu. Her eyes, her hair, her lips. Her lips. He looked away, forcing himself to think of something else. There was work to be done. He looked at her brother, who was just standing there, watching them. He pulled out his sword, not knowing who he was. “Is this guy trouble?”

She shook her head slowly. "I don't think so. He'll need some time to recover," she whispered. 'I'll need some time to recover, too,' she thought to herself.

"Angel? Angel?" Kei said through the earpiece. "Kei? What I'm okay? Cyrus is gone for now, but we better-"

"Oh gods shut up about Cyrus. The gods felt his presence fade, we'll be putting up defenses Soon! I didn't call to ask how Cyrus was, how are you? Never hand up on me again. Mary was worried! She's here with me and Alek! Steve is-"

She rolled her eyes. "Slow your roll, dad. Me and Ollie are..." She was about to finish her sentence before blinking away tears. "Actually, we'll be there. There's someone I want you to meet," she finished, signing off.

Last edited:
Ollie looked at her, concern apparent in his eyes. He wiped some of the tears form her check, brushing some hair out of her face. A smile appears in his face as he remembers their first ‘date’.

He turned back to the person, eyeing him with suspicion. “Who is he? Are you sure when wont cause us any trouble?”

He had studied Cyrus. He was known to pull tricks. For example disappearing btu still leaving someone er hai control. Someone to undermine the whole society, a mole for Cyrus. If he had already been possessed then he had a connection, a connection that would be hard to break.

’It could be done,’ he thought. ‘If we have some of the best healing deitys and some time, a connection with Cyrus could be broken. Although he remains a risk until then.’

"Cyrus wants nothing to do with our family anymore. He knows our time i short and he'd do almost anything to end our bloodline. Why? I'm not exactly sure." Geela sighed. "We should still make sure. Thoris will be able to help anyways."

His touch lingered as she felt the scar on her left cheek. "I'm capable of fixing my own hair, thank you very much," she joked, referencing the lunch they had just yesterday. It felt like an eternity since then. A lot could happen in four days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back