• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern beneath the waves — temp. ooc

hello !! hope you guys don’t mind me sliding in here, but wow literally the way i was thinking of a pirate rp and then i see this?? 👀 but firstly, i wanted to ask some questions c:

do you have any specific lore regarding the sea monsters in this universe? i’m assuming we don’t have free reign; i ask because i’m interested in making a character that has an affliction or curse of some sort that was caused by a sea monster. would that be allowed? if not then no worries — ✦

hello !! hope you guys don’t mind me sliding in here, but wow literally the way i was thinking of a pirate rp and then i see this?? 👀 but firstly, i wanted to ask some questions c:

do you have any specific lore regarding the sea monsters in this universe? i’m assuming we don’t have free reign; i ask because i’m interested in making a character that has an affliction or curse of some sort that was caused by a sea monster. would that be allowed? if not then no worries — ✦
hmmm, I’ll allow a character who is afflicted/cursed caused by a sea monster. I’ll add on to the lore thread to describe the various different sea monsters in the ocean ^^

hmmm, I’ll allow a character who is afflicted/cursed caused by a sea monster. I’ll add on to the lore thread to describe the various different sea monsters in the ocean ^^
amazing, thank you !! i’ll see if i can whip something up, i’m actually not even 100% set on making my char have a curse honestly i was just spitballing haha so we shall see if i use that idea or not. (but i’m v tempted) though if i do use that idea then the curse will be quite tame ^^ i’ll try to mold it into something that won’t be too extreme for this rp! — ✦

BRUH I'm so sorry! I stopped getting notifications for this thread so I was gonna check in to poke at it and saw that it's been super popping since I was gone! I'll get started on my application asap!

Hello everyone! It's a pleasure to meet all of yall ^u^ This is my first time attempting a group roleplay on this site specifically, so I'm not super familiar with any of the coding and lingo xD I hope my sheet looks alright! This idea seems really fun and everyone's character have so much, well, character right off the bat \o/ I am very hype

Hello everyone! It's a pleasure to meet all of yall ^u^ This is my first time attempting a group roleplay on this site specifically, so I'm not super familiar with any of the coding and lingo xD I hope my sheet looks alright! This idea seems really fun and everyone's character have so much, well, character right off the bat \o/ I am very hype
you could have fooled me haha, your coding and character sheet looks just lovely!!

i'm still working on the monster handbook lore containing the various monsters the crew will most likely encounter. sea monster suggestions are very much appreciated! the lore thread will be updated either later today or tomorrow.

i'm still working on the monster handbook lore containing the various monsters the crew will most likely encounter. sea monster suggestions are very much appreciated! the lore thread will be updated either later today or tomorrow.
okay brainstorm time:
  • krakens (obviously)
  • aquatic dragon?? sea serpent??
  • giant moray eel (scp-3000 type beat)
  • w h a l e (a la moby dick)
  • okay but also like capricorns, hippocampi, etc.

okay brainstorm time:
  • krakens (obviously)
may i add:
  • giant colourful jellyfish beasts (mindless as real jellyfish, but prettier and way larger)
  • world-bearing turtle???
  • charybdis???
  • hydra
  • giant lobster
  • huge ichthyosaur/plesiosaur type creatures

okay brainstorm time:
  • krakens (obviously)

may i add:
  • giant colourful jellyfish beasts (mindless as real jellyfish, but prettier and way larger)
  • world-bearing turtle???
  • charybdis???
  • hydra
  • giant lobster
  • huge ichthyosaur/plesiosaur type creatures
thank you guys <3

i will definitely add huge ichthyosaur and plesiosaur type creatures 😤 Nessie vibes

I definitely second charybdis! Some other suggestions:

Scylla
Leviathan
Water sprites
Kelpie
Selkie

And if we want a name for our large turtle if that gets included, the Zaratan is one from some mythologies! There's also the Lusca for a giant octopus.

I definitely second charybdis! Some other suggestions:

Scylla
Leviathan
Water sprites
Kelpie
Selkie

And if we want a name for our large turtle if that gets included, the Zaratan is one from some mythologies! There's also the Lusca for a giant octopus.
I currently have the Lusca on the list! I will definitely add Kelpies though since they’re one of my favorite sea creatures c:

Thank you for the suggestions and we can name our large turtle Zaratan.

ok so maybe something like dagon from shadows over innsmouth, or the ottoia from deep rising, Jörmungandr is the sea serpent from norse mythology, there's the Umibōzu from japan, Aspidochelone is a fucked up turtle island

ok so maybe something like dagon from shadows over innsmouth, or the ottoia from deep rising, Jörmungandr is the sea serpent from norse mythology, there's the Umibōzu from japan, Aspidochelone is a fucked up turtle island
omg if we’re gonna throw dagon in there (love that suggestion btw), we can also consider the myth of the underwater city of r’lyeh and cthulu?? technically in the south pacific but hey an adventure might take us over there

omg if we’re gonna throw dagon in there (love that suggestion btw), we can also consider the myth of the underwater city of r’lyeh and cthulu?? technically in the south pacific but hey an adventure might take us over there
The crew should encounter cthulu😤

ok i didnt wanna say cthulu if that wasn't people's cups of tea but like a grand cosmic horror as an overarching villain sounds cool as all hell
or even like a village like innsmouth with people partly possessed by some fucked up sea god

YESSSS all the cool ideas were mentioned already so i’m just gonna second literally everything that was said, like the kraken and sea serpent because every good ol pirate story needs one. (but mainly the cthulu !! like that is such a perfectly terrifying creature to encounter out on the sea. really brings the horrors of the deep to the surface, i’m obsessed) also seconding the leviathan especially, or just anything else that’s leviathan-sized would be craaaazy !! — ✦

the pirates: just minding their business, sailing the seas, la de da
us: plotting to throw them to the cosmic horror wolves 😈

Users who are viewing this thread

Back