• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Belle_Sorciere

Queen of Plot Twists
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Belle in a Nutshell AKA The Quick Compatibility Check(No kerfuffle, tears, or drama)​

1. I double (Male and Female characters mostly, but genderfluid and non-binary on occasion.)
2. I write multiple paragraphs per main character I play (Ex: Female OC gets 4 paragraphs, Male Canon also gets 4 paragraphs)
3. Hetero couples are my comfort zone. (I will play other romantic arrangements as my partner’s side of a double.)
4. Canon x OC, Canon x Canon, OC x OC = awesome. (Preference towards the first)
5. Fandoms or Originals = awesome (Preference toward the first, again)
6. PMs, Discord, Email, or Google Docs
7. I’m old - 30, going on 31 now - I have a life away from the screen, issues to deal with, responsibilities, etc.
8. I have samples at the bottom, ideas saved in notes, and a few starters in Docs.

I think that covers the basic “need to know before proceeding further” list? I’m sure someone will remind me to add something.

Stay tuned for the rules of the road and the feature presentation!​

Last edited:

• The RulesThese guidelines aren’t here to sit still and look pretty — they are here to preserve my sanity and love of writing.

1. No Mary Sue’s or Gary Stu’s, please.
    Note: You want to play a strong character? Go for it! Want to be fandom trash together? I’m here for this too! But if you liken your character to the sun - having everything revolve around them and their unmistakable radiance until the end of times - I will have to yeet myself to an adjacent galaxy.
    2. Keep character posts roughly equal in length and quality, but focus more on quality.
    3. Grammar, spelling, and punctuation are my friends - they need to be your friends too.
    Note: Auto correct ducks with everyone, sometimes a sentence with ‘your’ because a ‘you’re’ during the editing process and you forget to change it, I personally abuse commas, but for the love of crackers, make sure I can interpret what you’re writing.
    4. God-moding, auto-killing/critically injuring/always dodging, etc. = no thank you.
    5. Characters shall share the spotlight. Let our characters bask in the light together!
    6. OOC chat is welcome!
    Note: I suck at judging whether I talk too little or too much in OOC.
    7. Help with the plotting.
    Note: Your character is your creation; therefore I need ideas you would like to see happening that further their development. Otherwise I’m guessing and venturing into god-moding territory. I will toss out ideas if I imagine a neat scene, but it’s not cool to expect me to come up with everything and then get huffy if it isn’t all Goldilocks.
    8. My schedule is currently on the “Hot Mess Express” - expect a post a week at worst, once every two days at best - so do not poke me to reply until after the week is up.
    9. I can be a real Dungeon Master when I role-play — don’t be afraid to slow me down if I’m veering off course.
    10. Be nice to me?
    Note: No one likes a rude partner...or one that creeps the living bajeezus out of you.
    11. R-E-S-P-E-C-T
    Note: I will respect you as a person, your characters, and topics that bother you, please extend the same courtesy. And please tell me up front and clearly because accidentally triggering/upsetting someone is not my goal. Ever.
    12. I am Ghost-Friendly.
    Note: As long as you are nice and great at your craft, you can come back at any time and write with me. (In other words - I Ain’t Afraid of No Ghost.)
    13. Post length is important, folks. I repeat: post length is important.
    Note: I can turn a sentence into a 15k+ word reply, but this is a role play; not an essay question. I will lose interest fast if I don’t have enough to create a response.

Failure to follow these rules may result in me halting the story until we have a chat or me pulling an “Irish Goodbye”.

Last edited:
Originals

This section is a work in progress! I'm slowly updating and organizing it, so have some patience~

Past
Ancient Greece/Rome (with or without fantasy)
Medieval Europe
Medieval Fantasy
Salem Witch Trials (with or without fantasy)
Edo/Feudal Era Japan (fantasy)
Vikings (fantasy)
Victorian Era (fantasy)
Steampunk
Arranged Marriages

Present
Magic Hidden in Modern Societies
Aliens
Magical Schools/Academies
Superheroes/villains
Slice of Life (only if fantasy elements are added)
Post Apocalyptic Scenarios (zombies, viruses, war, etc.)
Arranged Marriages
Monarchy
Crime and Mystery Solving

Future (all future entries are considered fantasy)
Steampunk
Space Colonies
Aliens
Time Travel
Superheroes/villains
Dystopia Societies
Post Apocalyptic Scenarios

Pairings

Past
Greek God/Goddess x Mortal (Warrior/Peasant/Temple Keeper)
Royal x Royal
Royal x Warrior (Knight/Assassin/Mage/Pirate)
Royal x Commoner (Peasant/Farmer/Witch/Servant)
Warrior x Warrior (or Commoner)
Commoner x Commoner

Witch/Warlock x Clergy (Priest/Priestess/Preacher/)
Mage x Familiar (Spirit/Demon/Angel/Poor Unfortunate Soul)
Mage x Supernatural Being (Mage/Vampire/Werewolf/Etc.)
Mage x Normal (Normal/Normal at First)

Master x Apprentice

Present

Future

Last edited:
Whoops! It’s a good thing I left this space blank! This is my sample table now!

“It is way too early…”

Uncommon words from a man that enjoyed a good morning jog every day, rain or shine. Today, however, was not one of those average mornings.

A yawn escaped his slightly chapped lips before he fished the smart phone out of his black leather jacket. “Seven in the morning...damn. I’ve been up for over twenty-four hours on that recon mission.” The twenty-two year old sighed, his brows settling into their natural furrow before he made a plan of action. “Grab breakfast at that coffee shop, shower, and sleep...I’ll pick up my regular schedule tomorrow.” Well, unless that Director of his didn’t find another mission to send him on.

The heels of his black boots scuffed along the paved sidewalk, his eyes blearily focused head so that he didn’t trip over anyone. That was a silly worry though; the Bon had a presence that no one could deny.

As a young exorcist, he had dyed a section of hair in an act of rebellion...and had endured enough of Shima’s bullshit about it resembling a skunk stripe that he never made that kind of decision on a whim ever again. He’d also let his hair grow appallingly shaggy - to the point of requiring a hair clip just to keep his bangs from his eyes.

No, ever since Ryuji finished his last training session under his mentor, he realized he was only taking his vocation half seriously. It wasn’t just knowing the sutras and being physically prepared, he also had to look prepared for anything as well. And so the shaggy mane was cut and tamed, the ‘skunk’ stripe was eradicated, and he ditched the grunge style he was rocking as an exwire. Let’s just say it was easier banishing a demon than it was to exorcise his closet of what he once thought was ‘action ready’ attire...but the results were worth it.

The black leather jacket was tailor made for him - from his broad shoulders and muscular chest down to the hidden pockets that held his various exorcist tools. The matching boots equally crafted with his body and profession in mind - extra durable, extra tread, and extra support around his ankles. The loose fitting, dusky rose tank top was loose, but not enough to cause a hindrance if he needed to fight on the fly. Even the black denim jeans he wore were designed to perform well under strenuous activity without making him feel like various parts of him were in a vice - or that he was burning alive in the bright morning sun, like right now.

There were some things that he just couldn’t say goodbye to completely, however. Though his hair was now shaved and coiffed to a manageable style, he couldn’t resist giving it a special touch - which came in the form of the gray dye trend. It looked more metallic than gray, playing nicely with the studs in his ears.

And once his facial hair finally decided how it was going to grow on his face, he felt comfortable allowing himself some stubble to go with the slight goatee he kept.

All in all, he felt more confident in this new look and more importantly, it was a look that was more functional. The only problem was that his new duds and hair style did lead to some interesting situations of people thinking he was older than he really was. Especially when he had his all business scowl on. Not that he didn’t mind not being carded on those few occasions where he went to the bar…

The exorcist nearly missed the coffee shop out of pure sleep deprivation, but the familiar scents saved him from blowing past it on his way home. Like always, it held an inviting atmosphere - like an old world cafe in Europe. Bon wasn’t sure how they managed to do that in such a busy town...but he was very thankful for it, especially after last night.

“Oh! Hello again Suguro-san!” The short haired barista behind the counter checked the time. “I was wondering if you were going to come in today - you’re a whole half an hour behind!”

Bon chuckled before he rubbed his stinging eyes. “Long night - I haven’t turned in yet.”

“That’s really not good for you! You need to take better care of yourself.” The woman scolded him lightly before asking, “Do you want your usual?”

“Yeah, but hold the coffee, please.”

“No problem! Here’s your total and I’ll have your order ready in a jiffy!”

“Thanks Fumiko-san.”

There was a sudden tittering as the woman nearly dropped a spatula at Ryuji using her name. It...had taken him some time to get used to having that effect on people. Though it never did rival what Mr. Okumura-sensei could do to the female student population - even before he hit his growth spurt. Ryuji blamed his perma-scowl.

While he was waiting for his breakfast egg sandwich to be prepared, Bon bobbed his head to the very American tune playing in the background. It was that or he’d fall asleep on his feet.

“Here you go! Thanks for being such a great patron...and get more sleep! You’ll live longer!”

“Heh, alright, alright. Don’t work yourself too hard today.” Bon gave the lady a wave before he found his favorite perch in the cafe - the hop up bar in front of the windows. Granted, the morning light made him almost regret the decision, but he was too damn tired to move again.

The bell on the door chimed as another customer walked in, though Ryuji paid it no mind as he unwrapped his sandwich. The weary fog of tiredness hung over him like a veil and he had no idea that someone very much like his friend Rin had just walked into his favorite breakfast haunt.

- NEW
‘Was killing me worth it?’

“Shut up, Peter.”

It all started off as just another night in Azkaban for Sirius Black. The voice of his former friend, taunting him from the beyond while the still-young man shivered as the dementors passed by his cell. He was losing his sanity in this prison he would be buried in one day. The screams and howls of those who had been here longer than he echoed from every floor. Would that be his fate in another year?

His tortured mind went back to the comics that James had discovered after exploring Muggle London with Lily - Batman. Sirius remembered they too had an asylum where the criminally insane were kept. If the Muggle that drew those pages could only see this place...

‘Tch, don’t want to hear from me, but you remember stupid things like that?’

“I told you to shut up, git.” Sirius snarled at the voice in his head. “You aren’t worth remembering, bloody traitor.”

‘Traitor, you dare call me a traitor? You three were only my friends out of pity! And when you all got your happy, little lives - you left me behind! Every. Single. One. Of. You.’ The voice of Peter seethed, making Sirius’ already sore head that much more painful. ‘Potter was the worst of you all! You and Remus at least sent me owls, but once he was hitched, I was dust in the wind!’

“He had a family you stupid prat. He barely talked to any of us.”

‘And yet you became Harry’s godfather.’

“I didn’t ask for that, Peter! You know that!”

‘Doesn’t really matter now, does it? You get to spend the rest of your miserable existence in a cage, just like the dog you are.’

“Go to Hell already and leave me alone.”

Sirius remembered curling up on his threadbare cot for hours until his neighbor began to whisper frantically to him.

“Black? Black! Get up! You must hear this!”

“Hear what? Don’t tell me the squirrels are back...”

“No! No! It’s about the Boy Who Lived! Listen, listen!”

Sirius half expected to hear nothing as his neighbor was prone to hallucinations and violent outbursts. But it seemed for once, the man was completely lucid when he heard the man exclaim, “Did you see the Daily Prophet?! Harry Potter has been taken!”

“By who?” Sirius asked the nearest voice, who giggled wildly.

“The Ministry doesn’t know! They’re scrambling and that Mudblood lover is turning the country upside down trying to find him! It’s the greatest!”

“The hell it is! Do they have any clues?” Sirius questioned, growing frantic. That boy may not have been his blood, but he loved him as if he were a son. He was all he had left from his previous life, of Lily and James.

“Nothing! Nothing at all! His Auntie and Uncle just said he was snatched by a man in a black cloak, but Rita Skeeter had the real scoop! She interviewed an anonymous witness and the witness claimed those Muggles were beating and starving him!”

“They did WHAT!?”

After that, Sirius took leave of his sanity and spent the rest of the evening trying to tear down the bars from the windows with his bare hands. Once the initial horror wore off and he burned himself out, the man who was a lot more brilliant than he led on made a decision.

He was going to escape.

“Damn Dumbledore and Hagrid for listening! They should have given Harry to me! At least he would get fed every night and I’d only box his ears if he did something truly naughty!”

‘You could barely take care of yourself when you were out there.’

“Not true. I had a job, an apartment, and a life. I would have been fine. He would have been fine with me.”

‘Oh, so you could hold a job while being on the run from the Ministry?’

“I’d take him somewhere where they wouldn’t extradite me.“ The wizard growled as he endured another night of skipping his daily meals. “I hear the country Durmstrang is located in is nice this time of year.”

‘You couldn’t raise a baby like I couldn’t get a girlfriend.’

“Shove off already, I have thinking to do.”

It only took a couple of weeks until his dog form was emaciated enough to squeeze through the bars to escape. That was just step one, however. After that, he had to make it to shore with the strength he had left in his skinny body. Fortunately, he had adrenaline in spades. From them on, it was just a matter of staying one step ahead of the Ministry while he tried to find his godson alone.

That’s right. He was alone.

When he tried to reach out to Dumbledore, he got no response - even though the man knew, he KNEW that Sirius would never betray Lily and James! And Remus, well, he attempted to set him up for the Ministry aurors! If he was hoping that would earn him some credit as a werewolf ‘doing the right thing’, well, he was wrong.

A month after Harry was taken, Sirius finally got a lead.

A mysterious letter found him even while he was a dog.

“If this is Dumbledore setting me up...he’ll have to kill me because I’m either going to find Harry or I’m going to die trying.” His teeth chattered as he made the last leg of his journey to the church as a man. Whoever found him didn’t need to know of his other form.

The downside to that meant he would have to be cold. His dark robes were tattered and worn out, his clothing beneath it were threadbare and too large for him now. He had no socks, but he had managed to find some shoes in the dumpster one evening. This...was the hardest he had ever had to live, but if enduring a few weeks of Hell meant he found Harry alive and well? It would be worth it. It would be so worth it.

Today, he might get that clue he needed. Might. It could be a trap, but his stolen wand would just have to get him out of trouble again.

It didn’t help that the place this mysterious person wanted to meet was where he and Regulus dueled shortly before his death. The two brothers had once been close, so it was easily one of the worst moments in his life, fighting for his life against him. He could practically see the duel happening in front of him as he stood in the aisle of the broken down building.

“Our duel must have done such a number on the place that they couldn’t reopen it.” It was a pity...the stained glass was beautiful here. In the moonlight, it was just as stunning as it had been when he was first here.
And then a voice spoke to him. This one wasn’t in his head though.

Turning towards the source, the haggard looking man stared at the woman with snow white hair and dangerous, red eyes. She was beautiful, whoever she was, but being stunning didn’t mean she was not evil. That logic only applied to children’s cartoons. Something about her seemed oddly familiar...and there was something in the back of his mind, some little memory he couldn’t quite pull to the surface about this woman before him.

Being in Azkaban would do that to a person.

“Just tell me where my godson is and we’ll be out of everyone’s life for good.” Sirius replied, but didn’t make any outwardly aggressive moves. She wasn’t acting in a manner to suggest she planned on attacking him, so he remained by the door and with his arms over his chest. Less to cop an attitude with her and more to keep his much thinner frame warm.

Merlin, this all did have to happen in the winter, didn’t it?

Last edited:
Things I’d Like to Write, Right Now - 12/30/19
(For the Curious, Indecisive, or Those in a Hurry)​
Fandom
~~~Harry Potter
~~~My Hero Academia
~~~Pokemon
~~~Elder Scrolls

Originals
~~~Master Mage x Apprentice — I have a starter for this where I play the Apprentice.
~~~Doctor/Nutritional Expert/Fitness Guru/? x Over-weight Heiress — He sees her weightless journey as a big paycheck if he’s successful, she sees his help as her last chance. (Inspired by a role-play that never got off the ground.) I play the Heiress and her character sheet is below.

Characters
(Fandom or original - no character theft please, I put a lot of work into them.)

1. Shiori Yoshida - the Over-Weight Heiress

Character's Name: Shiori Yoshida
Height: 5’3
Weight: 220 lbs (~99 kg)
Personality:
After years of harsh bullying and mistreatment by her peers, Shiori is a broken soul that hides behind the walls she’s learned to create. Sarcastic and quick witted, she uses comedy to disarm those trying to hurt her - usually by beating them to the punchline or turning their insults into ammunition she can fire right back at them. Anyone who tries to cozy up to her is met with unfettered suspicion...and is often rebuffed. She has a soft spot for animals since they don’t judge her based on appearance or her family name. Due to the abuse, she never developed the ‘rich snob syndrome’ like a lot of people at the prep school. Instead of feeling like she’s God’s gift to mankind, she sees herself as a useless burden and tries to keep her needs minimal. That said, whenever she does ask for something from her father, he agrees without hesitation.

Biography:
As a young child, Shiori was the happiest little ball of sunshine the world had ever seen. Always smiling, always laughing, and always with her beloved mother. Her mother was her world, her heroine, her idol...the person she wanted to be and look like when she got older. Then, when Shiori was six tragedy struck. Her mother was killed in an automobile accident on her way to pick up her darling daughter from primary school. When her mother died, a part of Shiori died with her.

Extreme distress turned into depression. Depression led to high cortisol levels, medication, and low activity. All of these things led a normal, healthy child into transforming into an obese one. It didn’t take long either - the weight gain was fast and furious. As the child attempted to grieve the loss of the most important person in her life, the world...turned on her. Mean rumors. Fat shaming. Rude remarks wherever she went. They had no love or pity for the girl. The cruelest of them all? A boy named Haku.

As she grew, her broken heart only continued to break and the numbers of the scale continued to increase. Bullied because of her physical appearance, her interests, her clothes...if she could be bullied for a reason, she was. They would jiggle her fat, knock her down, laugh at her in gym, take her things and throw them across the lawn, and insult her whenever they could, however they could. And just when she thought she couldn’t hurt anymore, her peers showed her another way they could torment her.

They pretended to be her friends.

Shiori wanted so desperately to have a friend, that she would let these people get close. Then whenever they got whatever material object they wanted...they would abandon her and laugh at how stupid she was to trust them. So...after the fifth ‘friend’ used her like that, she stopped trusting anyone. She kept her head down in the books and graduated at the top of her class, but refused to attend her own graduation. Instead, she spent it at her mother’s grave asking her for help.

After failed diet attempt #24 and learning Haku would be moving in next door, Shiori finally reached her breaking point.

So on the morning her father invited a live-in (doctor/fitness guru/chef) into his home to meet his daughter, Shiori awoke with her mind made up - to end her life. She was still working out the method when her father told her she had company.

• Animals
  • Video-games
  • Anime/manga
  • Reading & writing fiction
  • Drawing & illustrations
  • Comedy
  • Music

Dislikes

• People (minus her father and stepmother, she loves them dearly)
  • Fish/shellfish, peanuts, soy, and wheat (allergic)
  • Skin-tight clothing/fashionable clothing in general (“It looks like crap as soon as I put it on anyway, so let me just stay in sweat pants and be comfortable, please?”)
  • Running (AKA, “If I’m running, the zombie apocalypse has started and you should run too.”)
  • Public spaces - parks, malls, gyms, etc.
  • Hospitals & doctors
  • Social Media and cameras

Other

1. Shiori has been taking ballroom dancing classes for three years, but due to her weight, has always had to be the ‘guy’ side of the dancing. (The dance instructor has been Shiori’s primary fitness coach and has kept her weight stable.)
  2. She volunteers at the local animal shelters every Saturday under an alias. (Sometimes she comes home with injuries from trying to help rehabilitate mistreated animals.)
  3. Her father, like most parents, had her take piano lessons as a child. He thought she gave it up after a year of forcing her to practice. After the death of her mother, however, she threw herself into learning how to play since it made her Mom so happy. (Becoming incredible at playing is a secret obsession.)
  4. Shiori cannot swim - she refuses to even get near a pool.
  5. She plans on attending the university, but won’t tell anyone what she wants to major in...music.
  6. Shiori goes out to a ‘comedy club’ every Friday to watch stand-up routines and skits. (She’s been invited to audition for the cast, but she’s declined.)
  7. She has a plushie of every Pokemon in creation

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back