• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Forbidden Scroll OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I updated my last post with the roll and the question to Random Word Random Word , which was a hit.

So Yuza needs to choose whether they accept Sesi's comfort/guidance or reject it.

Sesi isn't trying to persuade Yuza of anything, only supporting her assertion that she's fine, so Yuza will accept the Guide & Comfort.

Random Word Random Word
I'll go ahead and clear Yuza's fatigue track next post.

Eonivar Eonivar
If they want, Sesi can ask Yuza a question that has to be answered honestly now.

Zaran​

Fatigue: [_][_][_][_][_]

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [X]
Troubled [_]
Wait, I thought it was Sesi who marked Insecure? Did Zaran mark insecure and Sesi cleared at some point?

Yuza will resist. Niuan is trying to weaken her when she most needs strength.

Wait, I thought it was Sesi who marked Insecure? Did Zaran mark insecure and Sesi cleared at some point?

Working right now; will look into it later.

Just checked, and yeah, it was Sesi. I must have been marking Zaran as having it by mistake. I'll go back and edit my previous posts.

Okay. Go ahead and roll, and describe how Yuza resists Niuan's attempts to influence her.

I like "Clear a condition or mark growth by immediately acting to prove them wrong", but how do I act immediately to prove them wrong? Yuza can obviously not talk about her feelings, but she needs to demonstrate that not talking about her feelings gives her strength, and she doesn't really have anything to demonstrate that strength on at this exact moment. Can she hand on to that until an opportune moment, or can she not take that choice without something to smash in the scene?

I like "Clear a condition or mark growth by immediately acting to prove them wrong", but how do I act immediately to prove them wrong? Yuza can obviously not talk about her feelings, but she needs to demonstrate that not talking about her feelings gives her strength, and she doesn't really have anything to demonstrate that strength on at this exact moment. Can she hand on to that until an opportune moment, or can she not take that choice without something to smash in the scene?
It has to be immediate, I'm afraid.

Okay, what counts as acting to prove them wrong? Arguing passionately to defend your principle? I'm not really sure what acting to prove them wrong might look like. If it's not possible to act to defend her principle here, then... I guess she'll learn Niuan's principle? Why not.

Okay, what counts as acting to prove them wrong? Arguing passionately to defend your principle? I'm not really sure what acting to prove them wrong might look like. If it's not possible to act to defend her principle here, then... I guess she'll learn Niuan's principle? Why not.
Sure. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Niuan's Principle is Freedom. He doesn't want to have anything more to do with the Fire Nation and its ways, and he sees Yuza moving on from what he suspects to be a toxic Fire Nation upbringing as something to be encouraged.

Okay, Yuza can work with that. Does she just... psychically know that now? Did Niuan let it slip when trying to persuade her? Did he outright say, "I think you're trapped in Fire Nation thinking, and I want to free your mind"?

Okay, Yuza can work with that. Does she just... psychically know that now? Did Niuan let it slip when trying to persuade her? Did he outright say, "I think you're trapped in Fire Nation thinking, and I want to free your mind"?
I'll go and say that that's what she's able to deduce/accurately guess.

I'd meant to reply earlier with a post to mess with the watchmen. From what I can see on a 9 I get to ask for one possible result.

Hmmm... I'm thinking they either overcommit and look nowhere near Sun Po's office for a time or they "act foolishly" trying to justify themselves and confess too much about their purpose in being overtly suspicious. I think the latter could be more entertaining but if you'd prefer to focus on something else in this scene then the former would be fine.

Rykon Rykon
Just to confirm; does Zaran visibly look the part of a Daishu clan member? Without going into spoilery details, that's the only way he'll be able to pull this trick off.

No, I don't think Zaran would be doing anything to broadcast his identity when they are trying to leave without getting caught.

It would seem that these two have good reason to be keeping an eye on the entrance to Sun Po's offices. Likely one that involves someone more intimidating than Zaran appears to be right now.
This is the type of thing I was referencing here.
or they "act foolishly" trying to justify themselves and confess too much about their purpose in being overtly suspicious.
I think tricking them into name-dropping a person or group coercing them into standing watch should be fair. Something to the effect of, "Woah, I don't think [X] is into that sorta business kid. If you gotta problem take it up with [Y]." Something like that if my explanation makes any sense.

I might be off base here but... if I were in that position, I'd think backing down to a response like that would be somewhat suspicious. So I'd feel compelled to double down on my act instead, and I'm pretty sure the rest of the party would rather he didn't, huff, puff, and burn the damn house down. As entertaining as that would all be, we'd be approaching an end result that smells more like a failure than a success.

Okay. My impression was that Zaran was bluffing when he made his threat against the two spies, seeing as you wanted to trick them. That's why I asked whether or not he looked the part of a Daishu clan member earlier; if he did, then the spies would see his words as a danger that their patron couldn't save them from. Otherwise, they've been told to keep an eye on who enters and leaves Sun Po's offices, and they consider themselves fairly tough; they're not going to back off just because of some young man making demands of them.

Okay. My impression was that Zaran was bluffing when he made his threat against the two spies, seeing as you wanted to trick them. That's why I asked whether or not he looked the part of a Daishu clan member earlier; if he did, then the spies would see his words as a danger that their patron couldn't save them from. Otherwise, they've been told to keep an eye on who enters and leaves Sun Po's offices, and they consider themselves fairly tough; they're not going to back off just because of some young man making demands of them.
Ah, this wasn't about intimidation, but selling an act.

Ah, this wasn't about intimidation, but selling an act.
I figured out that much, seeing as trick was the move that you wanted to do. But you said IC that you wanted to make them look away from Sun Po's offices via that move, and I don't really see how such a thing could work in this situation.

Since it can't work, but he succeeded, Rykon is asking you to give us another path forward. He suggested the alternative that they let slip who they're working for accidentally because they're so flustered by the convincing performance. That way the story doesn't come screeching to a halt.

Since it can't work, but he succeeded, Rykon is asking you to give us another path forward. He suggested the alter that they let slip who they're working for accidentally because they're so flustered by the convincing performance. That way the story doesn't come screeching to a halt.
Oh yeah, I'm cool with that. I just wanted to make sure I was getting things correct.

Eonivar Eonivar Random Word Random Word Rykon Rykon
Okay. I've edited my latest post. Bai is the person that the two spies are working for, and he's almost certainly had them watching Sun Po's offices since before your escape, since thanks to Yuza, he hasn't yet been able to visit the plaza today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back