• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Forbidden Scroll OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ah, and was it possible to escape the prison without filling a clock section, or is the act of escaping the prison itself considered a time consuming process?

Ah, and was it possible to escape the prison without filling a clock section, or is the act of escaping the prison itself considered a time consuming process?
The escape from the prison in of itself hasn't filled up a section of the clock. Travelling to Harbor City on the other hand will, but that's largely because of the route Niuan's going to take you. He basically knows of a way between the neighborhood of Hari Bulkan - the area in the crater where the royal family and other top nobility live - and the rest of the capital. It goes through a number of caves and will take a while to get through, but the guards and such have no idea it exists. It's a "long but safe route", essentially.

Apologies if I'm crossing the suspension of disbelief here in regards to Niuan; I just couldn't really think of another way for him to get into the prison. Rest assured that with his age and subsequent level of endurance, any other physical feats of that nature aren't likely.

Did the Fire Sage bring a change of clothes?

So the Fire Sage is wearing Fire Sage robes...ok, so much for anonymity through the streets..

So the Fire Sage is wearing Fire Sage robes...ok, so much for anonymity through the streets..
I described him as wearing a dark red cloak with the hood up in the first post he appeared. I didn't mean to indicate that he was wearing his Fire Sage attire, otherwise I would have specified as such back then.

I described him as wearing a dark red cloak with the hood up in the first post he appeared. I didn't mean to indicate that he was wearing his Fire Sage attire, otherwise I would have specified as such back then.
Gotcha, still waking up.

jaydude jaydude Normally on a miss the GM makes a move, I would like to request that Sesi marks the condition "Troubled" for the GM move here.

If one of the others does try to help, then Sesi would not need to mark a condition and will get to ask questions per the move. To help there is a Help move.

😆 Yuza will spend the fatigue to assist. She'll see Sesi looks lost and give her the gangs, best teahouses & 'teahouses', and fortifications & guard posts tour of the harbour district.

Yuza will spend the fatigue to assist. She'll see Sesi looks lost and give her the gangs, best teahouses & 'teahouses', and fortifications & guard posts tour of the harbour district.

Looking forward to the narration there...there may be a Guide and Comfort roll in with that as well.

Yuza will definitely fail that Guide & Comfort roll, so I'll be sure to do that.
You never know the way the dice rolls, it may surprise you. It is a shame that the game does not reward failures with Renown like Masks and some of the other PBtA games (Monsterhearts) do.

jaydude jaydude Normally on a miss the GM makes a move, I would like to request that Sesi marks the condition "Troubled" for the GM move here.

If one of the others does try to help, then Sesi would not need to mark a condition and will get to ask questions per the move. To help there is a Help move.
😆 Yuza will spend the fatigue to assist. She'll see Sesi looks lost and give her the gangs, best teahouses & 'teahouses', and fortifications & guard posts tour of the harbour district.
Sure, I'll allow Yuza to Help out here.

Sesi's roll is subsequently boosted to 7. What question would you like to ask?

Sesi will ask the question "What can I use here to avoid detection and move through the city unnoticed by the guard?"

Been a rough week with some personal life stuff going into the holiday and work but hopefully that can help push us over the edge.

Zaran helps Sesi relate to the patterns and form of the typical commoner's clothes. How the ash and soot of the volcanic islands have impacted the colors many of the people wear day to day and how the constant exposure to heat and fire bending likewise informs much of their culture in contrast to the Water Tribes surviving in harsh, cold weather. With the information at hand, they can paint a picture of what average and circumspect might look like in the capital of the fire nation even on a festival.
So just to let you know, the Help move in this game doesn't actually require you to roll dice yourself; you just need to mark 1-fatigue, and then it simply adds +1 to the result of the character you're helping. Also, you need to roll at least a seven to get a basic success with most moves in this game, which Sesi did with Yuza's help (rolled a six, was boosted to 7). Zaran would just be wasting fatigue if he tried to help as well here.

Random Word Random Word
Hey, so I'm more than cool with you expanding on the setting here if you like. One thing you should probably keep in mind though is that the Fire Finches are less a gang in the vein of the Burning Embers and more a group of street kids who commit petty crimes to get by. They can absolutely have the Canals as their home turf though, if no-one else cares about that area.

That's what I figured. I didn't mean to make them out as powerful - I can edit that bit to just say they hang out there.

Oh, interesting! There's no penalty for failing a Guide & Comfort. I was ready to mark Insecure or something 😆
I mean, there wasn't much need for the move anyway, since Sesi had no conditions marked.

I mean, there wasn't much need for the move anyway, since Sesi had no conditions mark
True...I am so used to Masks...the moves are a bit different. No matter what, I believe if you miss on a roll the gm can make a hard move (standard PBtA), whatever that may be is up to the GM, basically, they can move the plot along for other groups/foes, escalate something, inflict a condition, or if they have some sort of timer going they can add a step to the timer.

Personally, I find this highly amusing...the missed roll and the explanation fit perfectly "See its a city by the ocean with all these places and dangers and guards everywhere and dangerous gangs and ALL of these crowds of people (normal in the city, not so normal when you are from a small remote village and used to open sea and ice) you are not used to..." its almost as if Yuza's description will give Sesi even more anxiety about it..

So my recommendation is that for the miss, Sesi gets a condition Insecure...

I will reply in the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back