• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Forbidden Scroll OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm still down to play as well. Are you wanting to go ahead with just two players or pull at least one more?

I'm still down to play as well. Are you wanting to go ahead with just two players or pull at least one more?
I've indicated that the game's open in the interest thread, but otherwise, I don't mind giving it a try with two people.

Actually, i have a thought on my character here and it may be fun and good for two players (and more if we add more). Rather than playing the Pillar Playbook, I would choose the Guardian Playbook and have Rykon Rykon 's character as my characters Ward. Having a Guardian with a Successor seems to make a lot of sense. Since Rykon's character is of the Fire Nation, it makes sense that my character would also be of the Fire Nation. My character will still be a Weapon's Master. Also having such a pair works well with two players. Thoughts?

I am still delving through the book, if possible, I am thinking my character is a master of all sorts of weapons and martial arts and not really focused on one particular weapon. I do see my character as having trained under Piandao since he is Fire Nation, so he will at least have a jian sword, I kind of want to him to have the cool Chi blocking techniques too...

Actually, i have a thought on my character here and it may be fun and good for two players (and more if we add more). Rather than playing the Pillar Playbook, I would choose the Guardian Playbook and have Rykon Rykon 's character as my characters Ward. Having a Guardian with a Successor seems to make a lot of sense. Since Rykon's character is of the Fire Nation, it makes sense that my character would also be of the Fire Nation. My character will still be a Weapon's Master. Also having such a pair works well with two players. Thoughts?

I am still delving through the book, if possible, I am thinking my character is a master of all sorts of weapons and martial arts and not really focused on one particular weapon. I do see my character as having trained under Piandao since he is Fire Nation, so he will at least have a jian sword, I kind of want to him to have the cool Chi blocking techniques too...
I'm onboard with this. It certainly makes sense for someone from an important family to have a bodyguard, and I really like the idea of you all being Fire Nation dissidents.

And yeah, you can have a sword and chi-blocking. The only thing you should perhaps be wary of is that this game discourages consequence-free killing; taking lives is very likely to get you some conditions or balance shifts once the fighting's over.

hmm, we'll see as I work out this character, once I get a visual in my head their weapons/style may change. I am hoping to sit down this weekend and really build the character.

I'm working through a bit of brain fog to settle some undecided choices. I should be done soon.

Some of my questions that need answered are dependant on Rykon's character's background...because of the nature of the Guardian...but I will probably start getting my character entered into the sheet in the next few days.

I've got everything short of connection and appearance information down now I think.

Some of my questions that need answered are dependant on Rykon's character's background...because of the nature of the Guardian...but I will probably start getting my character entered into the sheet in the next few days.
You mean your history questions? I wouldn't say those are necessarily reliant upon the other PCs.

I've got everything short of connection and appearance information down now I think.
Connections are just how your character relates to other PCs, and vice versa. You can basically hold off on this until Eonivar Eonivar has their character's basic details up.

You mean your history questions?

Well my character is the assigned guardian of the other character, so he has to have some sort of connection somehow of how he got assigned.

Well my character is the assigned guardian of the other character, so he has to have some sort of connection somehow of how he got assigned.
At its most basic level, the Guardian Playbook is for a PC who feels a compulsive need to protect another. That isn't to say they can't have an "official" protector role in-universe on top of that though, if that's the route you want to take.

I had some health issues the last few days, I could not put a good idea together for the Guardian playbook so that is available to anyone. Not sure what I want to do again, sorry about this.

I had some health issues the last few days, I could not put a good idea together for the Guardian playbook so that is available to anyone. Not sure what I want to do again, sorry about this.
It's cool. Just as long as you're okay.

Rykon Rykon I went with the Rogue, since you stole my favourite Playbook 😆 . I'm taking 'Technology' and refluffing it as spirit charms, like Sidereal prayer strips. Yuza's a Fire Cult shrine attendant in a slum, an intermediary between local gangs and criminally inclined spirits. It's well known her shrine is the place to go to buy blessings before a heist, or to hire the kind of help you'd need to pull one off. The question I have is whether Daishu would do something as dishonourable as hire a thief - or pay for blessings from a spirit of criminals, as the blessing could unexpectedly have been Yuza's assistance - to help with his great family honour restoring scheme.

Random Word Random Word
The spirit intermediary concept sounds like it could be interesting, at least once I've gotten my head around it; Avatarverse spirits aren't quite the same as Exalted ones after all.

Yeah, you tell me if there are no transactional relationships between spirits and humans in your Avatarverse, it just felt to me like a thing that probably happened but wasn't really fleshed out. Maybe it's better if it's a direct patron spirit - mortal relationship between some kind of spirit of thievery and Yuza?

Rykon Rykon I went with the Rogue, since you stole my favourite Playbook 😆
Welcome! And yeah, I spent so much time tryin to pick one, I just decided on Successor cause it was a little different than what I currently have going on at the time. At least Rogue looks like a fun one too.

Yeah, you tell me if there are no transactional relationships between spirits and humans in your Avatarverse, it just felt to me like a thing that probably happened but wasn't really fleshed out.
I've always envisioned it as spirits generally preferring to stay out of human affairs unless they either want to observe the humans, or take on mortal forms and live among them. And of course if they have territory in the physical world that gets harmed; then they lose their shit and take it out on whatever humans they consider responsible.

Maybe it's better if it's a direct patron spirit - mortal relationship between some kind of spirit of thievery and Yuza?
Yeah, that's not to say there can't be exceptions to what I said above. Wan Shi Tong has his knowledge seekers scour the physical world for knowledge to take back to his library, and hell, there's one Playbook - The Destined - with an entire schtick based around powers distinct from bending.

Oooh, the Destinied is an avatar modification of the Doomed Playbook from Masks: The New Generation..interesting...and intriguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back