• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Forbidden Scroll OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hi, yes, I am here :)
I'm still thinking about my character concept, but I think I've somewhat settled on the Idealist playbook. I've started working on a character sheet draft in the characters thread as well

By the way, I have never played this system before and have a question:
Do I just make technique descriptions up and make them fit into one of the three categories? I couldn't find much info about this ^^"

Do I just make technique descriptions up and make them fit into one of the three categories?
Each playbook has a signature technique, and there's a list of techniques you can give your character in the corebook.

I'm heading off to work shortly, but I'll put up a list of the corebook techniques when I get back.

I've still got a ton of reading to catch up on. I'm not sure what playbook I should go for or if overlap in a party causes issues.

I'll try and fill out the template over the weekend when I can get the bulk of this reading done.

I've still got a ton of reading to catch up on. I'm not sure what playbook I should go for or if overlap in a party causes issues.
Main thing to remember is that each playbook can only be used by a single PC.

Antoher question about the techniques: What does the * next to some technique names mean?
They're rare techniques; stronger mechanically, but also a lot less common in the world.

You're free to take them, btw. But I reserve the right to scale up enemy numbers and capabilities if I feel they're not enough of a threat to you and the others.

They're rare techniques; stronger mechanically, but also a lot less common in the world.

You're free to take them, btw. But I reserve the right to scale up enemy numbers and capabilities if I feel they're not enough of a threat to you and the others.
ah, makes sense, thank you for the answer :3

I am still wanting to do this, just been busy, I am still leaning towards the Pillar at this point, I am just debating on their details.

What is everyone doing in terms of benders/weapon users? I kind of want to see a variety and do not want to duplicate someone's abilities...(so no two of the same bender or two weapon users etc).

I am still wanting to do this, just been busy, I am still leaning towards the Pillar at this point, I am just debating on their details.
Anything you're unsure about there?

What is everyone doing in terms of benders/weapon users? I kind of want to see a variety and do not want to duplicate someone's abilities...(so no two of the same bender or two weapon users etc).
Rykon's character is a Firebender, and Beryl's an Earthbender.

Ok, that works, considering I cannot choose an airbender... (Stupid Fire Lord and his stupid purge... ;) )

So that leaves me with water bending or weapons...hmm hard decisions...I can definately see in this current time period a pillar water bender as a Water Tribe Partisan fighting against the fire nation. Also though one of my favorite episodes in the Aang series is when Sokka was trained as a Swordsman. (my other favorite is "Tales of Ba Sing Se"....sooo many good stories....and Haiku...)....hard decisions...gah

I've been incredibly conflicted with a hint of confused. I'm less confused now, but still weighing a few options. I should be done this weekend though.

Yeah, same as Rykon, I have been working my way through the rules and character creation.

My character concept so far is an Weapon Master Archer using The Pillar playbook. I have not decided if he is going to be a Southern Water Tribe pirate or an Earth Kingdom Outlaw.

I think I've settled on "Successor" to a clan within the Fire Nation. I've just gotta write out the details of what that looks like. Had to do a bit more research than I expected to try and blend in with the existing lore with as minimal friction as I can.

Last edited:
Heya. I know it's been a while since anyone posted, but are you two still interested in this?

I am not sure if I am one of the two or not, I am still good for this. If there is already an Earth and Fire Bender in the party, I am going to go with a Earth Kingdom outlaw/soldier that is some sort of weapon master (still debating on the weapon), I plan on using the Pillar playbook.

I am not sure if I am one of the two or not...
Yeah, it's just you and Rykon Rykon . Kattenkwaad Kattenkwaad dropped out a while ago.

If there is already an Earth and Fire Bender in the party, I am going to go with a Earth Kingdom outlaw/soldier that is some sort of weapon master (still debating on the weapon), I plan on using the Pillar playbook.
It's just a Firebender in the group right now, but you can absolutely still be a weapons user. Also, in terms of mechanics, the only thing your choice of weapon really does is determine what you can do within the fiction, and what techniques it makes sense for me to allow you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back