• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Forbidden Scroll OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yuza's going to wait on Zaran to decide where we go, but so far I haven't heard any objections to the Sage's plan, so if necessary we can just skip to going there.

Yuza's going to wait on Zaran to decide where we go, but so far I haven't heard any objections to the Sage's plan, so if necessary we can just skip to going there.
Sesi has no clue where to go, so they are waiting along with Yuza. Sesi has no issues with the Fire Sage's plan either.

Apparently not, I'll skim through real quick. I've got a guest this week though so I might not pay as much attention to RPN this week. We'll see how it goes.

Eonivar Eonivar
Apologies for not mentioning anything related to the White Lotus in my last post. There'll definitely be something before the next tick of the clock though.

Well I am considering trying another "Assess the Situation" to see if there is a place Sesi (and maybe the rest of them can duck into or another way to avoid notice). If one of the other players would like to try (someone with a better Creativity score than Sesi has...) then that would be super!

Ooh, this is tricky. We're on foot with an old man, racing already mounted opposition with the authority to tell people to get out of their way. Even the best shortcut isn't going to overcome that sort of advantage unless the geometry here is extremely favourable. We could steal mounts and race them, but that might draw a lot of attention. One of us could get their attention and lead them on a wild goose chase while the others escape, at the cost of being left behind unless they can slip pursuit and make it through before the pursuers realize they've lost the trail (Yuza will volunteer to do this). We could cause a disturbance or obstruction of some kind (knock over some cabbages? I really don't know), but we'd have to get far enough in front of them on foot or on stolen mounts to have time to set it up before they hit it.

Or maybe we let them get to the customs house and look for an alternative way through.

Well this is a tightly packed medieval city during a festival where everyone is on the street at intersections, the mounted are bound to run into places where it will slow them, where people on foot in theory could be able to move through the crowd quicker. Just some random thoughts on the matter. =-)

Random Word Random Word
I'll get a reply done tomorrow. For now, go ahead and roll to rely on skills and training for your attempt to cause a traffic jam.

Can do.

9+3+Maybe 1 = 12 or 13

I'm not sure if the Carry +1 Forward for helping Niuan escape still applies - that seems very nebulous and like it would apply to almost anything we do for this adventure. Then there's Sesi's +1 forward for knowing the lay of the land - does that only apply to them?

I feel like I should check; is Yuza trying to block off the street by doing damage and causing a fire? Or by causing a fight involving the Red Feathers?

She's trying to cause a fight between the Red Feathers and the Burning Embers. That sort of active disruption won't just block the street, it will pull in guards from all over, drive crowds away blocking other routes, and possibly cause Sage Bai to have to intervene personally, delaying him further. The fire is just a consequence of Yuza being too cavalier about collateral damage. At least the Fire Nation capital probably has excellent fire brigades - the question is how effectively they serve poorer communities like this part of Harbour City.

I'm not sure if the Carry +1 Forward for helping Niuan escape still applies - that seems very nebulous and like it would apply to almost anything we do for this adventure. Then there's Sesi's +1 forward for knowing the lay of the land - does that only apply to them?
I should probably start keeping track of all the additional modifiers, huh.

Anyway, in terms of the +1 ongoing you got from people person, I'm going to say that doesn't apply. My reasoning for it is that besides the advancement of the Clock since you last used it, looking at the move in the supplement, I'm wondering if the modifier in question is intended to apply only to dice rolls on further interactions with the target.

For Sesi's +1 ongoing, I'm going to be generous and allow that modifier to be used for any roll that involves the use of Harbor City's alleys. Sesi and Yuza identified one as a way of getting around without being spotted by the guards, and unless alleys aren't an option in a certain situation, it seems silly to assume the pair wouldn't have reason to consider them again without making another assess roll.

She's trying to cause a fight between the Red Feathers and the Burning Embers. That sort of active disruption won't just block the street, it will pull in guards from all over, drive crowds away blocking other routes, and possibly cause Sage Bai to have to intervene personally, delaying him further. The fire is just a consequence of Yuza being too cavalier about collateral damage. At least the Fire Nation capital probably has excellent fire brigades - the question is how effectively they serve poorer communities like this part of Harbour City.
Now that I understand this a bit better, I'm going to change it so that trick is the move that gets triggered here, since Yuza's goal is essentially to create a diversion. I'll let her have the +1 modifier from using alleys though, so the roll still gets 10+ successes even without her +3 focus modifier.

Go ahead and choose 2 from the following:
  • They stumble; take +1 forward to acting against them.
  • They act foolishly; the GM tells you what additional opportunity they give you.
  • They overcommit; they are deceived for some time.

Interesting! So what can skills and training be used to accomplish?

Well, we don't need +1 forward against the gangs, so let's do the other two.

Interesting! So what can skills and training be used to accomplish?
My understanding from the corebook is anything within your skillset that doesn't fall under assess, guide and comfort, intimidate, plead or trick.

Okay, so it fills a kind of negative space. It's anything you're trained to do that doesn't involve misdirection. So it's basically the Fighting Without The Exchange, Being a Thug, Acrobatics and Parkour, and Destroying Stuff skill for Yuza, but it could cover everything from Sculpture to Sailing depending on your background? Ah, but we would never ask Sesi to roll for Sailing, because RAW Sesi is terrible at Sailing and we know that's not true 😄.

Okay, and once I realized RoST didn't apply, I could have opted instead to try to Live up to a Principle or something to roll with Balance instead?

Okay, so it fills a kind of negative space. It's anything you're trained to do that doesn't involve misdirection. So it's basically the Fighting Without The Exchange, Being a Thug, Acrobatics and Parkour, and Destroying Stuff skill for Yuza, but it could cover everything from Sculpture to Sailing depending on your background?
Yeah, you could say that.

Okay, and once I realized RoST didn't apply, I could have opted instead to try to Live up to a Principle or something to roll with Balance instead?
That can certainly be an option depending on context and your choice of action, in which case your modifier would be how close your balance is towards the principle in question. You would have to mark 1-fatigue though

I think you'll need to establish the next scene at the customs house, unless the others want to tell the story of how they get there, or talk along the way.

I think you'll need to establish the next scene at the customs house, unless the others want to tell the story of how they get there, or talk along the way.
Will do. Just want to be careful about not leaving anyone behind in terms of following the story.

Random Word Random Word
I'm having Niuan ask this question because of your description of Yuza's thoughts in this post, and also because her Balance is at two positions towards her Control Principle, meaning she's focusing pretty hard on staying strong and not letting other people influence her. Depending on how she replies, he may - with purely the best of intentions, mind - try to shift her balance towards her Connection Principle, i.e. encourage her to open up and put her faith in other people.

Rykon Rykon
I'm assuming that Zaran is traveling incognito, seeing that as a child of the head of the most important clans in the Fire Nation, he's otherwise likely to be recognized anywhere he goes. Should I continue to do so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back