• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Forbidden Scroll OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So since Bai has not been there, they do not necessarily know who to look for and are just watching anyone entering the offices? Also can we use Zaran's discourse with them as a distraction to enter the office? If Zaran enters by himself later I do not think it will be eventful to them to note Zaran.

Random Word Random Word
Can I assume that Yuza wants to take the opportunity to head into Sun Po's offices while the spies are distracted by Zaran?

Err, well, if it keeps things moving, sure. It's not really in character, in the sense that Yuza is deferring to Zaran on this, but maybe we can say Zaran told Yuza and Sesi in advance to sneak in while he had the guards distracted?

sorry I had to modify the wording of the response slightly, my grammar is all over the place today.

if the story is not good enough, Sesi can perform a Plead action if need be.

She casually walks across the room, behind the desk, and leans forward to demand of the tube, "Hey! Can you hear me?"
There's more than one tube behind the desk, to allow Sun Po to communicate with multiple parts of the building from within her office. They're also all labelled, so with that being the case, who does Yuza want to talk to? Or would she just grab a tube at random and yell into it? :closed eyes open smile:

Oh, then perhaps Yuza is supposed to know about speaking tubes 😅, unless they're a classified part of warship design. She probably hasn't ever been on a warship before. I thought it was a 'look how inventive and rich this merchant is' thing.

From what I understand, we were using them in our world as far back as the early 1800's for communication onboard military vessels, as well as in affluent homes and offices. I feel that the Fire Nation would be the same.

If you think it's too OOC for Yuza to act this way now, feel free to change your post.

Oh, absolutely, it's just hard to evaluate the tech level of Avatar sometimes. There are pieces of the industrial revolution, but it's very uneven because it's centred around magic. There are military airships, but are they widely used in civilian merchant shipping or passenger transport? Would the Baran family estate or other locations Yuza might have visited be full of speaking tubes?

If not, if she's never been on a large ship or airship (which seems likely) she may never have encountered one in person. I will edit the post, though. Even though I think it's a fun reaction, it's better suited to a low-Control Yuza.

He had to get the snip today now that he's 8 months old to try and help keep him out of trouble later in life. It's not my first time having to put a pet through this overall, but it is as the sole pet owner. Little guy is toughin through it like a champ.

jaydude jaydude Let me know if I can roll Sesi's "Whatever I Can" move to get more information and maybe a bit more respect and friendliness from Sun Po.

jaydude jaydude Let me know if I can roll Sesi's "Whatever I Can" move to get more information and maybe a bit more respect and friendliness from Sun Po.
I don't know if I'd call this move appropriate for the current situation. There isn't an issue of sorts to solve here, just Sun Po being petty.

Ok that is fine. I thought I would use it as a move to get a local (Sun Po) to get to tell them more of a problem (I assume with this rival) and to potentially get a +1 ongoing with any actions towards resolving it, and maybe get some more information. But if you do not feel that fits I am fine with that, and will just ask the question as written.

I think I am going to try and use Sesi's OTHER idealist move "Your Rules Stink" by telling her this whole plan of hers is a farce and this admiral is probably not worth the trouble. Let me know if you think that is doable.

When you stand up to an adult by telling them their rules are stupid, roll with
Passion. On a hit, they are surprised by your argument; they must shift their balance or offer you a way forward, past the rules. On a 10+, both. On a miss, your
efforts to move them only reveal how strongly they believe in the system—mark
a condition as their resistance leaves you reeling

FYI, if anyone else has any ideas on this I am open to other things

I mean, you don't necessarily have to target the performers to humiliate Liva here.

That said, I don't mind letting the move trigger, assuming that Sesi wants to chew Sun Po out for trying to arrange her daughter's marriage and then attempting petty revenge when that fell through. In which case, her deciding to "offer you a way forward" would involve her providing a method of escaping the city that doesn't require you having to soothe her wounded pride.

I hope we're not waiting on me. I can't think of a way for Yuza to interject without derailing what Sesi is trying to do. Yuza is just going to be impatient and want to get on with the mission. If anything, she would suggest stealing from a Baran family holding nearby to pay Sun Po in cash or fencable goods - merchants like that sort of thing - rather than waste time with her revenge scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back