• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Forbidden Scroll OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
If anything, she would suggest stealing from a Baran family holding nearby to pay Sun Po in cash or fencable goods - merchants like that sort of thing - rather than waste time with her revenge scheme.
Clever solution, but I don't think it would work here. Sun Po's already rich.

Hmm. If we're not wanting to work with Sun Po, or do anything else of a similarly unethical nature, I'd suggest that you talk to the Fire Finches or Sesi's White Lotus contacts. Odds are that they'll know a way out of the city that doesn't require you to enable jerkasses.

Oh, Yuza has no issue being unethical 😆. She'll go beat up this rival or her people, set fire to her stuff, smash things, generally make a mess and send a threatening message. She's not particularly well suited to humiliating her, but she can follow Zaran's lead if he gives her a clever plan. I think Sesi would prefer a way to harm the Fire Nation and escape rather than enact petty revenge against one particular woman who hasn't done anything in particular to their people (maybe that's where the admiral line of questioning is leading - they want to know if this admiral has harmed their people). Zaran is probably down for harming the specific Fire Nation people he doesn't like, less so the Fire Nation in general. Yuza doesn't much care so long as it gets them out of here alive.

I will say the best way to stay rich is to continue to make money - merchants are rarely in the business of turning down a good price for their services, no matter how much they already have. A good merchant knows you take everything you can in good times so you have enough to cover the lean times, but it's entirely believable that we can't realistically steal anything valuable enough to be worth her services.

No I need to reply with Sesi’s explanation for his move. I just have been busy. I should have some time tomorrow.

...maybe that's where the admiral line of questioning is leading - they want to know if this admiral has harmed their people...
I'll admit that I never considered that possibility.

I will say the best way to stay rich is to continue to make money - merchants are rarely in the business of turning down a good price for their services, no matter how much they already have. A good merchant knows you take everything you can in good times so you have enough to cover the lean times, but it's entirely believable that we can't realistically steal anything valuable enough to be worth her services.
Good point. And hey, Zaran actually has two moves from his playbook feature that enable him to get access to the resources of his lineage.

Anyway, it's past 11PM for me, so I should probably be trying to get some sleep right now. Night.

Sorry about that...more family holiday things going on in the last few days than expected. The dice on this site hate me I swear. I marked the condition "Angry" for Sesi.

If Yuza can help, sure! I do not have to mark a condition for Sesi then and Sesi’s move hits.

Been down with a pretty unpleasant cold these last couple of days; might be a while until I feel up to posting.

jaydude jaydude Not a problem, it’s the holidays, it’s probably crazy everywhere. Hope you can rest and feel better.

Sesi does not need to mark Angry since Yuza helped out and did not fail the move. Marking Angry would only occur if the move had failed, which I do not think it did here with Yuza's (well-written) assistance. BUT if you feel Sesi should mark angry anyway...I am perfectly fine with that too. This woman's manner really pissed Sesi off.

Sesi does not need to mark Angry since Yuza helped out and did not fail the move. Marking Angry would only occur if the move had failed, which I do not think it did here with Yuza's (well-written) assistance. BUT if you feel Sesi should mark angry anyway...I am perfectly fine with that too. This woman's manner really pissed Sesi off.
Ah, sorry, forgot. I'll go ahead and edit.

Should we skip to meeting the Fire Finches? Is there something we're supposed to be doing here, or an obstacle we need to overcome?

Nah, I can't think of any other obstacles for you all here. I am currently thinking of advancing time to afternoon though, by which point every guard in the city will know about you and the stolen scroll.

Eonivar Eonivar Random Word Random Word Rykon Rykon

Hey all. Sorry I haven't been paying too much attention to this; holiday stuff and all that.

For my next post, barring any objections, I'm likely going to move you back into Harbour City, as well as advance time. The festivities will be in full swing at this point, but all the guards will know about you by now, and news will have filtered down accordingly, meaning that getting around the city will be somewhat harder.

😆 I was just making up the slang name of a fire nation coin of some denomination. Presumably it has a famous fire sage on one face. I don't know if there are official names for fire nation coins.

Okay, so what are people feeling. Are we running, hiding, fighting? Presumably not fighting. Not that we couldn't win, just that it would attract a lot of attention and waste a lot of time. Is anyone good at getting us out of here?

Yeah, Sesi does not have anything really to help them here as far as I can tell or think of. I think running is the best option here and maybe trying to find things along the way to deter our persuit. The good news is, that we are in canals...which means there is a decent amount of water which Sesi can use to help.

A few things that come to mind:
Freezing the ground behind the party to make it hard to run after them
Maybe a wall of ice?
We could combine our efforts and make a wall of steam to cover our escape.

So just thoughts there...but I think running is the best option here.

Much as knocking skulls together could be fun, probably for the best. We have to protect our potentially flammable package as well.

At worst I did give Zaran the wall of fire technique. It will attract some attention, but hold off attackers.

Wellll I guess we are not running from this one….

jaydude jaydude would Sesi be able to get off an Assess the Situation before combat starts?

Also are we using simple rolls or the more elaborate combat turns for this conflict?

Would Sesi be able to get off an Assess the Situation before combat starts?
Yeah, they'll have time for a quick look around, assuming that Zaran and Yuza don't want to immediately go on the attack.

Also are we using simple rolls or the more elaborate combat turns for this conflict?
Kouza's a Major NPC with backup, so any fight is going to devolve into a combat exchange.

Yeah, they'll have time for a quick look around, assuming that Zaran and Yuza don't want to immediately go on the attack.

Kouza's a Major NPC with backup, so any fight is going to devolve into a combat exchange.
I presume combat, at least at somepoint, is unavoidable narratively. So I gave my suggested result of the Intimidation check in my post, but they do in fact pick one. I just anticipate that their decision is for still attacking, but off balance. Which means backing down and keeping watch and giving in with stipulations don't make as much sense just yet, unless... giving in is delayed, which I'd be ok with and probably prefer over some of them breaking off for to get backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back