• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

kibou

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ̀ˋ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
twAJem7.png

Street preachers seem to be on every corner of otherwise deserted streets, crying the end of the world.

PREMISE

In the beginning it was an increase in aggression, depression, and as time went on suicides, murders, and assumed shared hallucinations of grotesque creatures as well. More and more, animals and people began to act strange. The nations were in a frenzy. Demonic possession, the culprit.

It's been roughly 15 years since the end of the world began. America has been completely closed off from the rest of the world, and our way of life was disrupted in a culmination of violence and eventually settled again into something familiar. The Church has grown and influences government policy, and a new independent Inquisition formed. A team of special forces was formed to combat the supernatural threat.

Some people believe the demons are proof that god is real, some people believe they're unrelated supernatural phenomenon, some think it's a hoax or mass mental illness, and some want to approach it as neither- that we just don't have the science to understand them yet.

Of course, you know all this already. Whether it's for glory, redemption, you liked the uniforms, are a member of The Church, or just needed a roof over your head, you're now a member of the special holy forces. Congrats! You're 17 or older, passed both the physical examination and personality test, and now you're being locked in a room to be possessed by a demon and if you ever tell anyone or try to leave the facilities without permission you will be hunted and killed. Well. That last part definitely wasn't advertised on the flyers or on TV! Good luck!
BASIC LORE

Setting- Takes place in modern America, and the government works closely with The Church. Communications with the rest of the world have been cut off completely. The largest facility for research into demons- where they came from and why, and how to fight them- is your home and base of operations. Most people still hold jobs, have families, go to school, and can act like everything's normal- but there's been a change in culture. In regards to the apocalypse- there's many different theories on what the demons really are, but many have turned to religion as an answer.

Demons- Supernatural creatures that began appearing en mass 15 years ago. They can speak telepathically, but most aren't powerful enough to manifest a physical form on their own, and instead force their will onto the world via possession. When many appear in one place, it's an infestation. Contrary to public belief, they range in personalities and desires.

Possession- An encompassing term for demonic interference.

Subjugation is when a demon shares a living being's body and headspace. Can happen to animals or people depending on the demon's strength. Symptoms include a sudden change in personality, nose bleeds, abnormal strength, dilating pupils, bloodshot eyes, and extreme aggression. Rarely subjugation will result in physical mutation.

Sometimes a person or location is simply haunted by a demon- this is referred to as demonic oppression. Signs include bad luck, depression, suicidal ideation, and nose bleeds.

The Holy Forces- They're a team of special soldiers tasked with helping the possessed and fighting demons powerful enough to manifest physically, and are the result of collaboration between The Church and the military. They hold public appearances to give hope to the people, and posters and advertisements for them are easy to find. Public understanding of them is that they simply receive training in a combination of applicable practical skills- religion, de-escalation, combat, etc. Bases exist near cities with large populations.

In reality, the desire to understand possession has led to government-sanctioned scientists intentionally summoning demons and having them possess subjects in a controlled environment. The soldiers are a happy, accidental byproduct of these subjugation experiments and permanently live at the facilities to be closely monitored. The side-effects ended up being useful- some examples include increased strength or senses, prophetic dreams, controlling fire or light, being able to speak with animals, and telekinesis to name a few. However, the number of people who successfully complete their first week as a holy forces soldier is small.

Long term affects of the experiments include: blackened eyes, contagion between the personalities of the host and demon, depression, an obsession with death, paranoia, general body strain, muscle or bone injury, physical pain, developing an aversion to holy water, and death.

The Inquisition- An independent religious group that formed in reaction to the outbreak and has grown significantly in the past 15 years. They take pride in taking matters into their own hands. They pushed the government to acknowledge that something unusual was happening in the very beginning, and eventually they managed to elect a supporter into a high office. When they were small they just passed out things like pamphlets with information on how to tell if someone's been possessed, and little protection kits- holy water, salt, etc- and as they grew became more like a neighborhood watch, and performed patrols, inspections, and exorcisms on request.

Members are a bit zealous and obsessed with the idea of being pure to keep your mind from being susceptible. Controversy surrounds them as some people disagree with their methods or beliefs, fear false accusations, and there are rumors about how they treat the possessed they take in.

They have their own brand of holy water.
RP INFO

Some parts are still being worked on, but this roleplay is open now! If something isn't answered on the lore thread, just send me your question.

In this roleplay you will be a member of the Holy Forces, or staff working in the facilities. Your character can start on their first day or years in. Basic story will be character interactions, going on missions, a long-term goal of escaping the facilities, and anything else you're interested in doing in this world! If you have a really great idea for a different role (i.e, govt, inquisition, etc), we have enough regulars, and are willing to work with me, I'm open to it!

The powers you get, will be chosen by you from a list I make in order to avoid anything that strays too far from established lore. All the powers are based on actual old-timey beliefs/demonology so something like, say, having exploding sweat doesn't fit well.

I'm looking for players who will be dedicated long-term, who have experience roleplaying (though I'm willing to work with newbies!), who can write a minimum of a paragraph and will post once a week. I intend on letting this rp always be open to new players and run until we come to a natural stopping point. If you join and then ghost I will be very sad and put you on my made me very sad list.

Main Thread
Links to the other threads can be found at the top of the main thread!​

Last edited:
Alright look, I’m a sucker for spooky things year round but because Halloween is coming up I HAVE to join this. I have no other choice, it’s like.... it’s like I’ve been possessed or something idk-

I'm glad so many people are interested already and it's only been a couple of hours!

I'll start working on finishing everything needed for the actual rp. Hopefully it won't be long as I've had all the lore roughly worked out on a google docs for some time- though in the meantime if y'all want I could at least put up an OOC for discussion about character concepts, to answer questions in the meantime, etc.

Naming my character Dante, getting possessed by Virgil, causing the inferno.

That is if I'm not accepted by my other interest.

Lore isn't entirely finished but I think it's enough for now to get started! Feel free to start working on characters!

Main thread here: Realistic or Modern - Ad Meliora
And there's links to all the other threads at the top of that.

It took forever because not only did I forgot how to bbcode, but my cat is too cute and distracting.

Last edited:
aww thank you guys!! i should probs edit the interest check considering ive already got some threads up!

Hmmmm, a new member of the Holy Forces. I would think she'd be a seemingly happy go lucky girl that hides her pain and anger behind a sweet smile. Something like that.

Poor thing...

I'll probably go Holy Forces as well. Would it make sense for a character to get possessed/form a contract outside of the controlled environment? Thinking in terms of someone who was possessed and showed supernatural abilities during confinement in a Church building. kibou kibou

Poor thing...

I'll probably go Holy Forces as well. Would it make sense for a character to get possessed/form a contract outside of the controlled environment? Thinking in terms of someone who was possessed and showed supernatural abilities during confinement in a Church building. kibou kibou

Demons aren't a hivemind, so it'd be possible for one to approach someone on their own, but I don't think it'd be as common. Just as long as you have a reason for them to want to share control of a body and borrow power instead of just outright taking over someone to get what they want.

Two days already? Sorry, I expected a preview up (just to review shit) like, yesterday. Been mildly unmotivated 😪

A preview of what? If you don't have motivation that's alright though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back