• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

reinadeespadas

Omnia Vincint Animus
Hi people!

I don't post often on the public side of things but I'm looking one to two 1x1 RP partners. I keep the amount of partners I have limited, and currently RP with only one. Quality over quantity. This is about to get verbose, so stick with me. If you don't, you won't like RPing with me anyway.

About me:
  • I'm an adult. A real one, as unbelievable to me that is.
  • I work a full time in a position that is demanding regularly but especially now with... everything. HOWEVER despite that I seriously need a creative escape from the doom and gloom. plz. this is me begging you.
  • I don't keep track of my average post length but I'm assuming it's usually no less than four paragraphs.
  • Sucker for history.
  • If you're a good writer, you can expect me to hang around for a long time even if I disappear for a bit (which is purely based on life circumstances). Seriously my longest RP lasted 7 years without interruption on a different site.
  • You can expect cute puppy photos (see avatar) and chatty OOC if you're into that sort of thing. I'm relatively transparent about what's going on in my personal life.
  • To give you some context on how long I've been roleplaying, I used to say it's been over a decade. Now it's at a point where I can't say that because while it's technically true, I started in middle school and I now have a postgraduate degree. You do the math.
In theory, you:
  • Give me quality content. I don't care if it takes you over a month to post if that means you're making sure it's good. Advance Lit is wonderful
  • Should also be an adult, over 21.
  • Communicate well enough. I mean, blow my mind with surprise plot twists and turns, but also we should develop a loose framework.
  • Are alive. Gender doesn't matter really.
Roleplaying stuff:
  • The bulk of my 1x1 RPs have always consisted of several characters. There are the two main characters (MxF) that are singularly played by their respective writers (Male character, played by you, F - played by me) and then most the remaining characters can be written by both, within reason of whatever gender. I wish that made more sense, but with the right partner, it flows naturally.
  • Romance not necessary, but habits run deep. Happy to develop relationships of any kind among any character, but I do prefer the main characters be MxF if that makes sense.
  • Darker themes are fine with me assuming they don't go against site rules.
  • I do love me some good world-building.
  • You probably won't see me using BB Code. I do enough real coding. I just want to write.
  • Character development is lovely.
  • I won't berate you for grammatical errors or anything, people are flawed. I expect the same courtesy. I won't have an issue with you going back and editing your post as long as you don't drastically change the content.
  • I won't list specific pairings. If there's a historical flavor below you like, let me know. Tell me what you're looking for. I'm a rebel. Sue me. Let's bounce ideas based off a general time frame and go from there. RPing should be collaborative in my (honestly not humble) opinion so I want to give you the freedom to decide what kind of character you want to play. Caveat: Your character should be a human. A live human. No zombies or vampires or ghosts.
RP cravings:

Historical (Note: I mean to allude to the feel and cultural norms. We can either keep the actual events and people or use that as a framework to build our own world with the feel and cultural norms)
Tudor-esq Era
French Revolution
Tokugawa Japan
Spanish Colonial Era (specifically in Cuba)
WWII
Ancient Greece
**I'm open to other historical eras as well, these are the ones I know well and feel that I can respectfully write about.

I'm also cool with dystopian themed RPs.

If any of these tickle your fancy, shoot me a PM letting me know what you might be interested in. As I mentioned earlier, I keep my RP partners limited. I will let you know either way, I promise.

Edits: clarity, typos. Don't type these on your phones, folks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back