• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Chuckle Tevin Wakefield GIF - Chuckle Tevin Wakefield Raising Dion GIFs
Logan Josiah Hawkins
“Eli, I left some money on the kitchen counter for food for you” Logan sat at the dinner table tying his shoes wiping a little smudge off one of them. Elijah walked in grinning “so whose is the girl?” A surprise look came over Logan’s face, he did not understand why he would think he was going to see a lady. “Wait what... why would you think I'm going to see a girl?” Logan said perplexingly. Elijah took the money off the counter counting it in his mind “well for one you gave me enough money to last me a week, two you never dress this nice unless you are going to school, three you sprayed your date cologne” Logan laughed aloud “Damn, that obvious huh. Anyway, yes, I am going out tonight with someone” Elijah looked at his phone searching for what he would want to eat he looked us briefly “have fun and don’t make me an uncle bro” Elijah walked out the room and Logan shook his head at Elijah last comment. He was happy he did not ask him who he was going to see if he knew it was his art teacher let alone, he was going to smoke with her. Logan got in his car excited to let loose and have a smoke session with Blythe. He noticed her so many times at school and loved how she was with kids. She was not only a good teacher but was a good person. With raising his brother and feeling like he was raising kids for his job he had so much stress build up. Logan DMed Blythe “what's your address” she soon replied she lived by the beach and gave him the address. He put it in the gps and started to drive.

He could not help but chuckle at Eli assessment of him. I mean he did not notice he had a “going see a girl” fit and process. He did not know if this were going to be a quick night or if there would be a night cap. He for sure hoped it was the latter. I mean Blythe was breathtaking and their DM convo made him even more intrigued. He played some slow jams as he let the sunroof down and vibe in the car. As he pulled up to the condominiums, he pulled out his phone and said “hey I am outside. Let me know when I can come up” He picked up the lighter his dad uses to smoke cigars with and put it in his pocket as he waited for Blythe.

Mentions: travelbypages travelbypages

MOOD: Concerned about her loved ones

OUTFIT: Flannel and sweatpants

basics
TL;DR Lulu is a mom friend
tl;dr
Tallulah
You would find her in a Polaroid picture

Holidays were always a difficult time for the Woods family, possibly the most so on the eldest child, Lulu. She had to walk the line dividing the two halves of the family. On the one side was her parents, who weren't the best and made mistakes, but surely they still loved their children right? They just weren't good at showing it, and besides, it could be so much worse. Then on the other side was her little brother Theo. Lulu loved him to bits and would walk through fire for him. She was his acting guardian since their parents were decidedly unfit to actually be his parents. They just didn't get Theo, and sure Lulu didn't always either but she tried a lot harder than they did. Some days it even felt like their mother didn't care at all. So when she was old enough, Tallulah got her own apartment and took Theo with her. Both had been better off ever since.

Typically Lulu would at the very least stop by and talk with her parents on holidays, even if Theo didn't come with her. It felt wrong to just completely ignore family on special occasions even if she wasn't on the best terms with them. She always gave her brother the choice, she'd never force him into a situation he was not comfortable with. This year however, Lulu didn't think she'd be able to make it to her parent's house. There was just too much going on and she didn't think she'd have the time. An old friend of hers, Paris, was in town and Lulu offered to host her for thanksgiving, or even longer if she wished.

Paris was one of Lulu's closest friends, other than Matilda. She was the one that helped her get into nerdy things and other things her mother called 'not ladylike'. They loved going to renaissance festivals and conventions together. Tallulah even helped Paris with her cosplay work by taking her pictures for her socials. Growing up the Woods daughter had a natural tendency towards pursuits considered traditionally masculine, she just didn't have any way of expressing that side of herself without Paris around. So when she heard that her friend was coming back into town, the least she could do was offer her a meal.

Given that Lulu didn't eat pork or beef, she had become quite good at cooking poultry, a skill that came in handy on Thanksgiving. While she wasn't an expert cook or anything, she liked to think she could put together quite a decent meal, she just hoped that Paris would also enjoy it. It would be just awful if she invited a guest over and then didn't have anything for them to eat.

Lulu was about to ask her houseguest if her spread was appropriate when she came rushing out of the bathroom saying she'd be back. The Woods sister was concerned about the hast in which her friend had left but it wasn't like she could hunt her down, she had to finish cooking. Paris had a...strained relationship with her...girlfriend? Could the two even be called that? Truth be told Tallulah wasn't quite sure what their status was but she knew that Paris had either more or stronger feelings than Apolla did. It somewhat hurt to see Paris continually going through heartbreak after heartbreak. She was a sweet girl and didn't at all deserve that. The two friends were alike in that way, both suffered more heartbreak than was fair but then again, no one ever said life was fair. In Lulu's case at least, she had come out stronger and wiser after it all, and while she was still learning, she was far less naive than she used to be.

And so, much of Thanksgiving Tallulah Woods spent alone in her little apartment kitchen; barely enough space for unused dishes, let alone the food and prep work that she needed. Her brother off trying to make friends with a promise to be back before dinner, which she was still worried about, Paris out somewhere probably getting her heart smashed, and the rest of her friends and family doing their own things.

Eventually, Paris did return back to the apartment, immediately heading for the shower. Lulu watched after her, head tilted in curiosity, but made no moves or sounds. If her friend wanted to talk about anything, she would do so on her own time. The dinging of a timer brought the girl's attention back to the food, which was almost ready. She bit her lip noticing that Theo was still yet to return. It's fine, everything is fine, he can take care of himself she thought as she set about busying herself as a distraction. Soon enough there was a voice behind her. The tone was hushed and rasped, almost as if a whimper. Definitely not the tone of someone who was perfectly okay. "Of course dear. I have green, black, and hibiscus. Do you have any preference?" Lulu twirled around in her kitchen for a moment trying to look for space for yet another pot.

As Lulu set about making a pot of water for tea she took several glances over her shoulder at her friend. Paris' shoulders were ever so slightly slumped and her gaze was generally downward. She had the demeanor of someone who had a burden on them but was unsure if they wanted to talk yet. "If there's anything you'd like to discuss, I'm more than happy to listen sweetie. I can get you my cozy blanket or one of my stuffed animals if that will help too. Or if you'd rather not, we can talk about something else entirely. Whatever you want to do, whatever will help most." a warm reassuring smile was given as Lulu gently placed her hand on Paris' upper arm in what she hoped to be a comforting gesture. "And all of my woodland creature mugs are clean so you have my whole repertoire to choose from."
code by valen t.

MOOD: Annoyed, h0rny

OUTFIT: Here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:
Moses Syrok18 Syrok18

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Nikita Anand
Don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
Nikita padded around her apartment, wiping the mascara from her eyes with a moist towelette. Despite being stuck with her parents for half the day, her Thanksgiving improved greatly when the opportunity for escape came in the form of her cousin, Gia, and an invitation to visit her boyfriend's family.

The Thackerys were a very nice family, and Niki loved seeing Gia so in love with her wonderful new beau. But there was a tiny, shitty little part of her that couldn't help but feel envious if her younger cousin. And the nagging little voice wouldn't shut up until she was at back at her lonely apartment to wallow in self pity for her bullshit love life.

Niki was was an exceedingly smart and capable woman in her everyday life. So why was she such a pathetic simp when it came to matters of the heart? As if her secret fling with Derrick wasn't disastrous enough, she had to go and fall for Moses, arguably the biggest player in Anchor Bay. So of course she smiled at the text from him, saying he would come by to have some fun with her. If she had any sense, Niki would disengage from Moses completely, and never return another call or message from him again. But she couldn't help it, she was aching to spend time with the handsome playboy, even if just for a meaningless booty call.

Nikita took a quick shower, and threw on a short satin robe just as she heard the knock at her door. Her damp hair drying into soft waves, running a hand through them as she swung the door open. Though she'd been looking forward to his arrival, seeing him now jogged her memory of their dm conversation from earlier that day, and she was annoyed all over again. Torn between the urge to pick up right where she'd left off with their little spat from earlier, and the strong desire to climb the hot stud like a tree right there in her living room.

She took a step back to let Moses inside her apartment, crossing her arms with a quizzical eyebrow raise. "So tell me, what made you decide to come to me tonight? I mean I'm sure you have more important women in your life to spend Thanksgiving night with." Yes, Niki clearly chose violence this evening, as usual.

code by valen t.

Screenshot_20220420-151802_Google-cropped.png

@OliWantACracker

Interactions : Winona

Mentions : ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

• O L I V E R • S A S A K I •

Oliver was happy she seemed to have a less stressed air about her. He knows that death or anything close to that brings the whole family together no matter who it is. Everyone was nice to him as well so nice to him too. He wasn't used to it.

Don't get emotional, Oliver. You don't really know these people. Ah why does that sound so bad to say in my head?

"Ah it was no worries. I was happy to be invited so thank you" he said to Winonas mother. She seemed like a nice lady for the most part...especially the hugs she gave.

"Hey, nothing much. What about you?" Oliver asked the younger brother at the table. He hasn't met any of them before, but he felt comfortable. As they all gathered the food into the plates and said grace Oliver was feeling nostalgic.

The smell of cranberry and turkey filled his senses and filled his eyes with rustic furniture and and old wrinkly man who he called 'Dad'..

He was trying NOT to think about the past. When he started eating he even smiled a bit because of how flavorful it was. It wasn't 5 star expensive restaurant or to ramen by himself. It was homey and that was a feeling he forgot.

"Oli if you burned the God damn chicken again I will tear your ass up, you hear me?"

"It's a turkey and I WASNT told to watch it"

"Turkey. Ass. Same thing. Just help me get this out so the house doesn't burn. You're still eating this you twig"

"You need some too you old fart."

That Thanksgiving they had burnt turkey and a lot of laughs that night. It made him miss his 'Dad' even more.

"Thank you guys for cooking. I'd probably be eating a cup of noodles right now if it wasn't for you guys" he said scratching the back of his head before he started to eat.

Everything to him tasted really good he even tried to swallow the tears again with his food,but he couldn't help some tears falling, but he tried to wipe the tears away as he ate.

Miss you Pops.

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

MOOD: Determined

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Ellie @tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Jason Lowes
You were the last good thing about this part of town
Jay just blinked in disbelief when Elena seemed to only bristle with a suprised irritarion after he professed his love to her, asking if he was crazy. That certainly wasn't the response he was expecting, and it took a moment for her words to compute in his brain. But then she just started slinging even more incomprehensible stuff at him, and he had to put his hands up to stop her momentarily to get his bearings.

"Whoa, whoa, wait...what?? You and Lindsay? So you're with someone. Your best friend. A...woman," Jason's confused brain tried to make sense of her words, but the whole thing was such an unexpected gut punch of a statement that it felt difficult even to breathe, let alone think logically. What did it say about him that he didn't even know his ex fiancé, the woman he shared a home and child with, had an interest in women? That he'd never noticed even a hint of sexual undertones between the two close friends. It felt awful, the sinking feeling that perhaps after all this time, he really didn't know Ellie at all.

Ellie wasn't finished though. After dropping that bomb she wasted no time angrily stabbing holes in his heartfelt confession. Her words like a mirror under harsh lights, an ugly but necessary reminder of his shit behavior these past three years, and all that happened between them that Jay was choosing to ignore for some rose-colored fantasy.

"No! I didn't mean I forgot I loved you, I..." Jay frowned, at a loss for words. Everything he said had come out totally wrong. "I don't care that you were with Derrick," He pleaded, but he knew as soon as he'd said the words that they didn't matter. Ellie's mind was already made up. Who knew how long she'd been planning this?

Jay sighed, rubbing his forehead as if her words and rejection had caused him actually physical pain to hear. "Whatever, you're with someone else now anyway. Just forget it," He finally spoke up bitterly. The words words spat out with venom, but hot tears were already burning his eyes. In true male fashion, anger was just the way his depair manifested itself. "I'll be out of the apartment this week. I'm just gonna...I need a minute," The young man stood and shoved his fists in his jacket pockets, stalking off aimlessly down the street.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Tatum Browne

Tatum had spent a lot of time stewing in anger, stewing at Ryker’s words and she hadn’t spoken to him since it went down, and she had no intention of communicating until today. She was going to get the few items of clothing she had left there, thinking it was more than what it was. The snow had already been coming down in large flakes, but she would be fine, she would get her stuff, go home, and then go to the town meeting that she had no interest in. She was trying to be part of the community to make her parents happy. They had been worried when she went silent about everything and was barely putting in effort to go to her therapy sessions. Even in therapy she had been quiet which caused everyone to think she was returning to either drugs or alcohol. She wasn’t she just didn’t want to tell everyone how stupid she had been for a boy who didn’t even care about her.

She had chosen to take her dads large truck to make it through the snow. She took each turn slow, the salt trucks had salted the night before, but the snow was coming down thick and she knew the roads were still going to be slick as she drove towards Ryker’s place. Where no trucks came by, where it was the middle of nowhere. Her heart still ached at the thought of him, she felt a couple stray tears and she quickly wiped them away. Never let them see what they did.

The drive though slow wasn’t terrible and Tatum made it to Ryker’s and parked the truck. She slid out of the truck and didn’t even knock, but as she opened the door the smell of alcohol assaulted her nostrils. A new fire ignited in the pit of her stomach, but she also felt a wave of nausea from the overwhelming smell of liquor and a man who had not been taking care of himself. As she stepped foot inside, there he sat staring at her. No words, just a stupid blank stare.

She was angry, “How fucking dare you!” her words rang as she rushed by him, “I fucking told you to be scarce! And then you sit there! Like a fucking drunk!” she was made because he knew, he knew what triggered her, “You have the audacity to have fucking bottles of alcohol littering the floor, knowing who I am! Knowing what I am!” she began rummaging through the drawers pulling out her clothing from the room, “You are nothing but a piece of shit! You fucking lied to me! Convinced me that we were more!” she could feel the hot tears of anger, “Then you act like you’re hurting?! A fucking hypocrite! That’s what you are! An asshole, who deserves the exact shit hole they put themselves in!” Her blood was boiling, and she needed to get out, “Your place smells like shit. Letting the inside of you come out?” Each word resounded in her finally finishing collecting her items before she was back in front of Ryker, “So what the hell is your problem? Your feelings are hurt? You did this to yourself. Look at you, you tell me no one cares and yet here you are, a sloppy mess of a man. Pathetic.” She needed to keep the anger up, she needed to stay made because if she let herself truly feel she’d never stop crying.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): OdinsTwoWolves OdinsTwoWolves

Bristol Ricci

Bri had been in her room forever trying to pick the right outfit to stay warm, but she was excited to go and see Hudson, even if only for a split second. She knew her dad was waiting, but she was struggling with getting her liner right, she kept messing up the wing, and eventually her dad knocked on her door, “Bristol Ricci, we do not have all day for you to do your makeup.” She could her the teasing tone in her father’s voice and she tried one more time and at least on her last attempt her liner looked even for both eyes. She threw on her jackets and grabbed the hoodie that had been hanging off her bed post and rushed through the house, “I am ready.” She presented herself to her father. He rolled his eyes in a playful manner, “He will think you are beautiful without the makeup, sweetheart.” Bri looked at her dad her face scrunched a bit, “But I like it. It is fun to do.” Her father only nodded before he grabbed the keys to the car and ushered Bristol out the door.

It was cold and the snow was pretty as it came down to the earth, the way it covered the branches in a blanket, she let herself enjoy the snow as it fell against her, before she entered the vehicle. Of course, her father knew the Green household she he didn’t ask Bristol for directions. He pulled into the driveway and looked over to his daughter, “Don’t take too long sweetie.” Bri nodded her head and quickly exited the vehicle. She made her way up to the front door of the large house. She hadn’t been to Hudson’s house; he had been to her dorm and her house. He had spent time at the library with her while she was studying, but this was her first time at his place. She let her finger hit the doorbell and she waited for someone to answer the door.

As the door opened a beautiful woman stood before Bri and Bri looked back at the car and her dad nodded. “I. um. I’m Bri. Is Hudson home?” Bri didn’t even hear the words of the woman as she was let through the door. Her head was down, and she stared at the ground. She didn’t know what to say or how to act. This was his mom and she had barely been able to get the words out. She could barely get her voice loud enough to be heard as she looked up at the immaculate house. Hudson’s family seemed to be doing well, but his house didn’t feel like hers. Maybe it was the size, but it made her feel vulnerable. “Thank you.” She finally got out as she waited for Hudson to appear.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): travelbypages travelbypages

Blythe Denton
2d8a2ede049d66db92cd37a6023e247d.gif

All the teachers were asked to be at the school today despite the election thing not being a part of their job. To be honest, Blythe was new to the town. She didn't much care for the politics of it just yet and the only thing that had infuriated her was when the town had denied her request of funding to take the art students to a museum in the city to which she had to show pieces from the projector instead. The school definitely needed more funding and that was the only thing she cared about, so when it came down to it she would also being voting out the mayor tonight.
She was a bit early, but she had read the weather reports of the snow to come, and she didn't have a car. So trudging through the snow was the last thing she wanted to do. If she were to get stuck in the school as least afterwards someone could give her a ride home, that someone most likely being Logan. She'd been seeing her coworker every now and then. The attraction and feelings for him were definitely unexpected for her as well since she didn't move to Anchor Bay to fall for someone. She just enjoyed teaching. Plus she'd always been a bit of a loner when it came to social interaction. Teaching and talking to teens was a lot different than bonding and making friends with adults. She'd even gone through all of college without making any actual friends. Logan though, he was different and she couldn't exactly place why. Maybe it was respect for him taking in his younger sibling?
Glancing out the window she saw that the snow had begun. It was slow but it came down in thick snowflakes which quickly made everything turn white. She'd come from a warm state before this, so seeing the snow so heavy had her both dreadful for the walking through it and excited that she actually got to experience a white winter. Grabbing the coffee cup of her desk, the girl made a hmph sound and stood to make her way to the staff room. The school was already a little cold, but it wasn't unbearable, she'd just have to talk to the janitor about raising the heat some. All over the hallway walls and doors and lockers there were Christmas decorations, which somewhat put her in the spirit for the upcoming holiday. Though she'd be spending it alone.
Rounding the corner she finally made it to the lounge and set her cup on the counter. Her options were watered down Kurig coffee, stale coffee from the coffee pot, or the lovely French press that she had brought to the school. Of course there was an obvious choice. Grabbing the kettle from underneath the counter, Blythe put some water in it then pressed the button for it to start boiling. As it was doing so, she turned on the lounge T.V. and took a seat on the couch. From the looks of social media, the mayor was definitely getting voted out. Good, maybe now she'll be able to take her art kids on a field trip.
Mentions: Syrok18 Syrok18
Outfit

Astra

Graham-Hawley

Astra may have made a very bold choice. She didn't know what she was doing but she was currently travelling back to Anchor Bay from the city of love, Paris. She needed a break, a breath of fresh air from all the commotion that has been going on in her life the past six years...

Astra had encountered a very hard block in her life. She had recently suffered from a miscarriage that was to early in of five months. Both spouses were devestated. However, when she was at a point where everything was broken, her husband started turning against her. After multiple attempts, she was still not in the mindset. Things kept getting worse by the second, hour and day. What hurt her the most is that the person she loves and trusts was slowly becoming her enemy. The overall situation was getting so stressful; the constant fighting, the miscairage, the job... everything was piling up on her plate. She decided that enough was enough, given she saw no change she decided it was best to seperate ways and divorce. It was against her wishes but she was seeing no change. When she noticed that he declined to sign the papers, she just packed her bags and left Paris. Astra wanted to go home to the only person she had left, her step brother, Alistair.

On the way home, everything started to hit her. Her feeling of fleeing and leaving her husband behind whom she still loved, losing and birthing her child early and not breathing, the rush of going back home, all of them bursted through her tears. Her mind was fog. Upon landing back in Massachusetts, she took a cab to Anchor Bay.

Upon her arrival, she tipped the taxi driver and he escorted her and her luggages out of the car. The first thing as she stepped out was her suade black boot in a puddle of icy snow.
"Merde (Shit)... off to a good start,"
taking a deep breath she lowered her black dress down to cover some of her tights as the air was freezing. This was definitley not Paris, the weather was way warmer than this. Case in point the outfit. She buttoned her soft light pink coat to get as much heat as possible.

The female proceeded to walk, her heels clicking through the pavements, accompanied by the wheel sounds of her suitcases behind her. She had never set foot in Anchor Bay but her brother had described the town enough when their family moved there quite some time that she practically knew her surroundings. Making it all the way towards where Alistair resided.

Taking a few deep breaths before this encountered, the almost teary eyed Astra led her finger to the doorbell and pushed it.
"Here goes nothing..."
was all that left her lips with a slight fog of warmth coming out.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Hudson Green
H5FI.gif

Hudson hadn't been doing much since Thanksgiving besides giving Bri his full attention, all the time. While Thanksgiving had been a mess for the boy, between being nervous about having dinner with her family and then babysitting Max and his friends, Hudson had been glad when all that had been done with. Since then he'd taken Bri on a date as well as took her on a little snowboarding trip one weekend. He enjoyed seeing her have fun and opening up to him more. Which only made the boys feelings for Bri become stronger, faster. He enjoyed every minute he spent with her.
The town vote was going to be happening soon, but politics and such weren't much of Hudson's thing. He didn't like the mayor by any means, and slowly his parents were growing to disagree with the man as well, but Hudson had better things to focus on; the surf shop. Jeremiah would be coming over to help him plan up what they were going to do for it. They had most of the stuff secured, his parents were open to buying the building, they would just need sponsors, licenses, etc. There was a lot done, but also a lot to do. But also Bri would be coming over to of course, steal another one of his sweaters. The little gesture was cheesy but it made his heart warm. So he of course gave her any sweater she wanted.
The boy was just pulling on his jeans when he heard the doorbell and his moms voice. In response he quickly made his way down to the front entrance and smiled at the girl in greeting. Beside him his mom was babbling, "I'm Ada Green! I've been so excited to meet you!" The bubbly, blonde woman told the girl excitedly and hugged the girl tightly. Hudson was like his mom in the sense that they were both huggers. If Bri were to come around more, she would need to start expecting this from Ada. "Mom." He told the woman who then released Bri, "if you two need anything let me know, Norman and I are just getting ready to head over to the school but I've got time to bring you two some tea or anything." She told Bri before heading up the stairs to finish getting ready.
"Hey." He finally said to Bri and took her hand to pull her in. With no one around, Hudson comfortably kissed the girl, letting it linger for only a little bit. "Come on, we gotta find you a sweater." He said with a wink and gave her hand a tug to follow him up the stairs and to his room. Now realizing the condition his room was in, he was a tad embarrassed about the water bottles and snack bags and stuff strewn about. "Sorry." He apologized with a cheeky smile and pulled her in again, "I missed you." He told her even though they had seen each other a lot. He just couldn't get enough of her.
Mentions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Outfit

MOOD: Nervous yet excited, overall happy

OUTFIT: Happy yellow

basics
MENTIONS:
Jeremiah revalia revalia

INT:
Larissa revalia revalia

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Leo is meeting his new online friend for the first time ever
tl;dr
Galileo Schmidt
"Smile and the world smiles with you."
Galileo was getting himself ready for the day as he kept thinking about his latest new acquaintance and possibly a future friend. He was feeling super, super excited and happy. He had recently met online this girl who seemed to share similar beliefs and views about the world. They both were driven by their optimism and they got along quite well because of that. They had even come up with cute nicknames for each other: Lilo for Galileo and Rissa for Larissa. They first chatted on Twitter and despite his shy nature, Leo messaged the girl via private messages.

Social interactions were always difficult for him, but online everything was easier as you didn’t have to actually speak. Since getting to know Larissa the two of them had chatted every day. Soon Leo learnt the girl had Recently moved back to Anchor Bay and the two had planned their first meeting, which was the reason for Leo’s nervousness. He had slept the previous night badly as he was too excited and nervous to sleep properly. He had been wondering about all the things he would talk with Larissa now that they would see each other face to face. Leo was still thinking about the girl as he left the apartment and started walking in the snowy weather.

Talking wasn’t the only thing he had thought about, he also kept worrying whether he would match to the image the messages had left. Leo was quite social online as expressing himself was easier, but in real life he was forced to talk which made him uncomfortable. He was very, very shy and useless in social interactions. However with a positive attitude and different gestures such as smiles and laughs, Leo would go far. He truly believed so. In his opinion words weren’t always needed. Besides nervousness and excitement, Galileo was in his usual hyperactive mood.

Since he hadn’t slept that well he compensated by drinking lots of coffee, four cups in total which was a lot for him as he usually didn’t drink coffee at all. He drank his coffee black (as it would give more energy) and with five sugar cubes as he disliked the bitter taste of black coffee. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea. Leo kept running around the shared flat, had changed his outfit four times already and kept drumming every surface. He was driving his roommate crazy and no one could blame Jeremiah: Leo was really being a lot.
The guy must’ve been happy when Leo finally left.

Leo kept jumping around and occasionally taking steps back and spinning around. It was snowing and he had to refuse the urge to stick his tongue out and taste the snowflakes. It was fun and silly, something very Leo. But being anxious was something very Leo too and he didn’t want strangers to look at him weirdly. He started to reach the bookstore, the meeting place he and Larissa had come up with. From there the upcoming friends would go to the school as the current Mayor was possibly getting voted out.

Larissa was into journalism and had a part time job related to it. It meant that she had to be there and Leo was happy to tag along, even though he didn’t understand anything about politics, or journalism. In fact he refused to watch or read news as they were always full of negativity and made him sad. Instead he liked to watch cute puppy videos and read his and Larissa’s messages time after time. As Leo got closer to the bookstore, he saw his hopefully friend there. He smiled widely and waved at Larissa…

Except it wasn’t her but someone else. The stranger looked at him with confused gaze and in that moment Leo’s face became red as a fire truck. He immediately moved his gaze to the ground that was little by little getting white from the snow. He was so embarrassed. How could he make such a mistake? Come on leo, continue smiling and it will go well. He reassured himself and decided to see if Larissa was inside the bookstore.

New try, new try. Leo continued in his mind as he opened the door. It made a small noise as it got shut down behind him. Leo let his gaze go around the store eventually stopping at the familiar looking girl. Well… familiar only from images but still. She was looking at books about baking. Perhaps because of him? Leo had told about his passion for baking and his even bigger passion about eating sweet treats. He went close to the girl, again smiling widely and waving his hand. “Hi…” He said shyly and moved his gaze on his shoes.

He started to feel anxious again. It was as if he was again the little kid with selective mutism, unable to talk to strangers. Why was meeting people for the first time always so difficult? Leo wanted to say just how happy he was to meet the girl, but instead he kept opening and shutting his mouth like a fish on dry land. You’re no good, you’re a dumbass for not being able to start a simple conversation. His thoughts started to go into the negative direction.

I’m not a dumbass and I can do this if I just smile! He fought against the thoughts, turned his gaze back to Larissa and smiled again widely. ”Hii, I’m Leo. It’s fun to meet you finally!" Leo then resulted in signing his speech as forming sentences verbally was too much of a struggle right now. With every signed word he also mouthed what he was saying. He really hoped Larissa would be able to read his lips and understand him.
code by valen t.

• Current Mood...

Quite lost, famished and tired.

Scarlett

Dawson

Scarlett was on her way to Anchor Bay based on the slightest hunch that her beloved long lost sister was there. She simply hoped she was. Scarlett missed her best friend, her older sister, her role model, Bailey. For once, Scar reacted on impulse. She had packed some of her belongings and took some saved up cash to make it through the trip from South Carolina to Massachusetts and enough to get her some food whenever she got hungry. Long bus ride after bus ride was exhausting her. Her mind was lost in thoughts.

Her short-term memory loss has proven to be an obstacle for the 21 year old. In fact, three main questions were always going through her head so she keeps track on her target. 1) Where am I? 2) Where do I need to go? 3) Who I need to see? ... In fact she tends to keep rambling the answers everytime she reaches and new milestone or had to transfer buses. If one of those questions remained unanswered, it was trouble. She knew she needed to get to Anchor Bay to see Bailey. Scarlett even wrote it on a small piece of paper crumpled up in her hand just in case 'Bailey Dawson - Anchor Bay' to make sure. After three quarters of the night travelling, the young red headed female finally made it to the last stop in Anchor Bay. The air immediately felt colder than ever. She even took out her phone to check whether there were any useful information. In fact, she was following up on some rowdy conversation that was happening in twitter when out of nowhere she saw the name. Bailey Dawson. Scarlet felt overwhlemed. It was her... Finally. She was closer than ever to reunite with her sister. Bailey inquired about her surroundings... she sounded worried for her baby sister. Scar looked right and left, all she saw was snow. However, at a distance she smelled the warm and strong scent of coffee from the distance. Inching closer and closer she could make up a cafeteria, squinting her eyes a little bit, she read the name. Rise n' Grind. She typed down her location and a nice lady conversed with her sister arranging for her to go inside and even offered a coffee on her.

As Scarlett proceeded outside, someone ran by on the pavement and knocked her to the ground without even looking back, they seemed really rushed. With the fall, Scarlett felt buzzed and... lost. Standing back on her feet slowly she patterd the snow off her jeans and flannel coat. Her vivid red hair now had traces of snow in it as well as her beanie. She ignored dusting those off.
"Where am I?"
she muttered under her breath, still recovering from the accidental hit. The surroundings did not look familiar to the least. How did she end up here?

As she glanced forwards she noticed the coffee shop again, as if seeing it for the first time again. In fact, she ventured forth already having forgot what has happened on the twitter. Forgetting she spoke to the nice barista and her sister. As she entered the coffee shop a small chime was heard and the sudden warmth enveloped her cold and exhausted body. A huge relief was felt. Scarlett was paler than ever and very hungry. As she reached in for her pocket in her coat, she could not find her wallet.
"Shit..."
she tried to find it but to no avail. However, a crumpled paper was found in her pocket. Slowly uncovering it, she saw her writing, 'Bailey Dawson - Anchor Bay'. The thought hit her. She was in Anchor Bay.

She moved by the bar, she saw one of the workers. A young brunette,
"Excuse me, miss? Am I in Anchor Bay? If yes, do you know where I can find this person?"
she slowly slide the piece of paper over the counter, in hopes that she knew...

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Angel Moreno
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f647461374a4b717356512d7149773d3d2d3737383239323435352e313562663836373930323439653235313937303031343030313131322e676966

Anchor Bay was the last place Angel has thought she would end up. Living in Chicago with her husband, trying for a baby, their constant fighting, and inevitable divorce had exhausted the girl to the point of just needing her family and old friends. It's been a few weeks since she'd been back, moving her things into her new place and adjusting back to the single lifestyle, she hadn't much made time for seeing old friends, only talking to them online.
The only thing since moving back that had been messing with the girls head is the fact that her ex was stilling living in AB. She hadn't seen Lulu in years, though she had sent presents to the girls little brother for Christmas' and birthdays since she had moved away. She adored them still, there were never any ill feelings toward each other. Despite getting married and "moving on" she even had small feelings that lingered for her first love there. Abuela also kept her updated on everything that went on in the brother and sisters lives, she even kept them fed and all that. She adored them for accepting Abuela's love even if they didn't need to.
Lulu was currently in a situation where the heat went out and it was about to snow and Angel wanted to do her best to help her ex flame. So, she gathered up the space heaters that Abuela had stashed away in her home as well as some food the older woman was insisting on taking over to them, and began to make her way through the snow over to where Lulu lived. The streets were already slippery and her little Volkswagen was struggling to stay straight as the large snow flakes fell from the sky. Even though the brother and sister duo did not live far from Abuela's house, the drive seemed to have taken forever.
Eventually she pulled up to the little place and got out of the car, making a few trips from the front door to the car to carry both the food and space heaters. The girl had always been used to snow so trying not to slip on any ice or new flakes was hard with all the things she was carrying. With both her hands full, Angel lightly knocked her boot against the door to knock and prayed that Lulu would open it soon or all the food would take a tumble.
Mentions: PenguinFox PenguinFox r e i r e i
Outfit

MOOD: Nervous

OUTFIT: Calm tf Down Max

basics
MENTIONS:
Ronan Myling Myling
Chance ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

INT:

tags
TL;DR

tl;dr
Max Berkowitz

We accept the love we think we deserve.

Max had been up since well before dawn on this late December morning, neurotically adjusting his tie and running his hands through his hair.
He was dressed like he was running for president. It was almost cute, if it didn’t also showcase exactly how seriously he was taking this vote.

His speech, which he would be presenting bilingually in tandem with his school interpreter, had been meticulously rehearsed for weeks and written down onto a series of neat little cue cards (that he’d since forgotten on his desk, in his haste to get out the door.) Max would be speaking on behalf of Anchor Bay High School. As junior class president, this was what he firmly believed to be his duty. Someone had to take a stand for what was right. Someone had to give the youth of Anchor Bay High a voice.
And if it had to be him, an anxious teen who barely had the nerve to stand up for himself, let alone the whole town, so be it. He let himself get walked over and bullied and humiliated, but couldn’t stomach the thought of such injustice happening to anyone else. For this, he was shoving aside his personal troubles with his breakup with Ronan, his recent coming out as gay, the subsequent bullying, the sporadic binge-drinking, his feelings for Chance that seemed to get stronger the more he tried to hold them down... everything. None of that mattered now. Only justice mattered.

Besides, this was the closest Max had ever gotten to facing off with his archnemesis, the mayor. This was his big chance to change the town’s mind and put an end to Mayor Lowes’ injustice. For years now he’d been writing letter after letter, organizing well-intentioned but poorly executed protests, picketing elections he was far too young to even vote in, all while everyone and even his own family looked the other way.

But now, finally, it had gone too far. He’d been preparing for this moment his whole life. The aftermath of the tragic Seaside Towers building fire was Mayor Lowes’ final mistake. This time, he wouldn’t get away from justice.

Hugging his parents and half-brother goodbye, nodding along to his mother’s worry-filled spiel about driving safely in the snow, Max hopped into his little blue Honda Civic and cautiously pulled out of the driveway into the icy road.

In the days following Hanukkah and the start of winter break, New England’s bitter winter had finally cast its shadow over Anchor Bay. The snow had been coming down in drifts throughout the week, and supposedly today was supposed to be especially bad. Max hoped it would hold off until at least this evening, but no amount of inclement weather would stop him from taking on the most important City Council meeting of his life.

As soon as he was through the glass doors of the high school, and standing in the empty auditorium where everyone had yet to gather for the vote, he was already fighting down the immediate surge of panic that made him want to hide away in the bathroom instead. Swallowing hard against the lump in his throat, drying his sweaty palms, and taking a shaky breath, Max resigned himself in the corner of the room to wait for people to start to arrive.

He couldn’t back out now. This was far too important.

code by valen t.

Bristol Ricci

The whole family was huggers and Bri could feel the internal panic of having to be okay with always being hugged. She liked Hudson but she was not as certain about the hugs she would have to deal with as she continued on. It was hard for her to let so many people into her space. She hadn’t really let many into her space and now Mrs. Green had her wrapped in her arms and Bri could do nothing as she awkwardly hugged back. It was a relief when Hudson appeared and his mother released her, she was careful to not move to quick as to not offend the older woman, but she was relieved to be back in her own space. She politely nodded to Mrs. Green as she watched the woman disappear up the stairs. It only took a moment before she felt the embrace of Hudson and leaned into it. As his lips pressed to her, she couldn’t help but smile, and a sound of discontent escaped her lips when he pulled away.

She followed behind him up the stairs and to his room, which compared to hers was a disaster, not that she had let him in her room. All their time spent together at her house was always out in the living room, she had felt uncomfortable letting him into her space and he hadn’t put up a fight. She could see he was uncomfortable with the way his room looked and Bri reached for his hand, “It’s okay. I came to see you.” She had gotten more comfortable with him and sometimes she struggled to find the right words and sometimes she didn’t, “I missed you too.”

It was hard for her to be confident, but she was working on being comfortable and direct with Hudson. She had taken a seat on his bed as she watched him look around for a sweater for her. He had the same look she did when she couldn’t find something she wanted to wear or couldn’t find the item she wanted to wear, “Are you okay?” she finally asked. Her words still quiet with him but she could see he stopped to listen, “You seem like you can’t find what you are looking for.” In her lap rested one of the pillows that she hadn’t noticed grabbing but it smelled like Hudson and that sent a wave of calm through her. He made her feel calm and relaxed, something most didn’t make her feel.

Though her eyes kept darting towards the door making sure his mom wasn’t coming in for another hug, or that anyone would abruptly show up and she would have to make conversation, but each time her eyes landed on Hudson a small smile would touch her lips. He was part of her happiness.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): travelbypages travelbypages

Larissa

Cohen

Thanksgiving was rather busy for Larissa. Unpacking box after box, the young female has slowly started to find her ground back home. The only difference was, she was here without her family. However, to try to find her shred of hope, despite her parents are no longer with her and her sister stayed in Thailand, she still had her cousin who was currently in Anchor Bay undergoing an exchange program. Let's not mention that she had childhood friends that were suprised to see her back in the first place. She had her childhood best friend, Bristol, whom she missed every single day she was away from Anchor Bay and also her childhood friend, Carter, which to her surprise now has a little four year old angel to call him dad.

Upon her first day, Larissa tried her utmost to have her belongings with her. She didn't take much but all she could fit in her luggages, the rest she donated them back in Thailand or let her sister, Maria, have all she wanted from her belongings that she did not manage to take. However, one thing she did not want to leave behind was her beloved almost human sized elephant soft toy Ellie. Larissa tried her best to stuff it as best she could in her hand luggage. Thanfully due to its squishiness, it fit! Nothing else however, did fit in that luggage. Once she got all her luggage inside, the house was a bit abandoned. They were gone for six years... It was even a miracle she finally made it there in the first place.

She dedicated two days specifically for enrolling into school to proceed and start her studies further in journalism and also went around to see who was hiring part-time. To her luck she managed to find a small internship from a side thing a local news anchor was undergoing and also managed to get a job at the local music shop. She needed income to afford their old house and also fund her college fees after all. The other was spent running around the house, cleaning the floors, windows, furniture, to make it feel more cosy and homey... not like it has been left alone. It helped put Larissa in a better mind set to start her new journey as an adult. She always tried to find the little bright lights in every dull situation, otherwise all her negative thoughts would accumulate and win her over. Never.

As she was dusting, she found a small family photo that was sitting on the side. Picking it up, she saw her mother and father together with the two daughters on their lap. It was Maria's fifth birthday. What a treasured memory. A smal tear raced down her cheek and fell onto the frame's glass. Wiping it, she placed the photo on a more visibile surface just as you enter the house with the rest,
"I will do it for you, I know you both are watching."

As she slowly finished the house chores, the female was exhausted... she was not used to all this hassle. It was then she decided to take a small break and enjoy some me time. She reunited with both her cousin and her childhood best friend for a nice long chat of reuniting. It filled Larissa with some light that she truly was not alone. However, she also had an unexpected surprise. She was approached by a nice young man, in her chats which she never knew, however, she knew she encountered in a public twitter conversation. Galileo's way of thinking and way of approaching situations and views were quite similar to her. Positivity. Optimism. She needed that in her life at the moment more than ever. True, Larissa never had any issues approaching people or socialising for that matter but with Galileo it felt natural, not forced and exciting to say the least. The past few days chatting it always brought butterflies in her stomach, blushes creeping on her cheeks and lastly, he always managed to get a birght smile on her face everytime they chatted. Larissa couldn't even be more glad he approached her.

Today was the day they actually got to meet face to face and it was so nerve-wrecking as much as it was exciting. She feared that she would not match up to her profile persona online. She had nothing to worry about as she was hundred persent herself but sometimes impressions online could differ from face to face. Larissa worried she might not intrigue him as much as she did online. She was aware they were both introverted as much as they were optimistic so the thought could not help but cross her mind. Knowing she will be a late bloomer the following morning, she prepared her outfit from a day before. The temperature she was accustomed to was quite warm but Anchor Bay hit different. Colder. So she prepared her favorutie floral lavendar jacket too. She was feeling lucky.

As she was getting ready, she kept rememebering their little moments they had on chat, a small bright smiles as she got dressed. Larissa was never one to accessorise or put on make-up. She always preferred the natural look, she felt she didn't need it or no need to hide any imprefections she may have had. Everyone is beautfiul with what they had and she wished that everyone had that mind set. She prepared her notebook with floral background and her glittered pen that she writes notes on. She may not be a full fledged journalist but she loved to take notes and write articles for practice purproses and this political throw over was the perfect situation. Although stressful, at least she had a positive thing of meeting Lilo for the very first time. Looking at the time, she decided to head out the door and waited by the book store which was across from her house. She was glad he agreed to meet up somewhere first, she felt a bit awkward having entered the school alone. At least she had someone by her side and gave them a start to accustom to one another. If he was feeling anything like how she was feeling right now. He would be a ball of nerves.

The chill was getting to her. As she was early she decided to go inside the book store for some warmth as well as checking what was new in the shelves. Her collection of books were already read multiple times. She needed more. She went from one genre to another till she saw something she usually skips. Baking section. It instantly reminded her of Lilo. She knew she was a hopeless baker but it would be fun to try again. As she was skimming through on a slighlty higher shelf she noticed a no bake dessert treats book that she wanted and tried so hard to reach. No avail. She really wanted to try and bake some treats for her upcoming friend.

As she was about to turn she noticed a shy male, muttering his hellos with that bright smile that Larissa could not get out of her head. He was wearing bright yellow which said alot about how true he was to his personality and as he looked down to his shoes, Larissa noticed that he was feeling quite shy. She recalled him telling her he suffered from social anxiety, especially when it was a one on one situation like this point. As she saw him towering over her, she returned her wide smile back, letting him know she is definately approachable. She observed him trying to speak and went to his preferred speech, sign language. Larissa was not that knowledged on ASL but she researched a bit and all she rememebred was the greeting of hello.

She read his lips followed by his hand movements and she managed to pick up that he was grateful to finally meet her. Placing a loose strand behind her ear, she tried to sign the word hello by placing her right hand close to her forehead and moved it outwards. She hoped she at least got that one right. She tried. However, the rest she spoke so she made sure the message was passed to him accurately.
"Hi Leo, I'm Larissa and the feeling is mutual. It's a delight to finally get to meet you in person."
A small blush creeped on her cheeks as her dimpled smile started to show. She went forth and reassured him,
"It's okay if you do not feel like conversing till you calm down a little bit from the nerves, we can wait. I do not know much of ASL to continue our conversation but I can try to read your lips as well."
her voice was quite soft and approaching, she hoped it at least slowly calmed down his nerves a little bit.

♡coded by uxie♡

Blu
the faker
Blu was in disbelief, her sister was here in Auburn Bay. She was here, looking for her. She stood in her kitchen, in the house that she had just rented with her girlfriend and daughter. They had immediately put in an offer on the rent-to-own house that they saw on Thanksgiving. Getting the house, and moving in was all that they did for the past couple of weeks. They still had a bit more to go, but they were almost completely moved in. She looked down at her phone, quickly talking to Carson and letting her know what was going on. Asking her to keep an eye on her until she got there. She had places to go beforehand like a jewelry store for some charms. She wasn't going to be surprised if their parents had destroyed hers. They didn't end on happy terms.

She walked into the guest bedroom quickly as she saw Della unpacking some boxes. "Baby, I'm leaving to go get my sister. I'll be right back. " She murmurs to her as she pulled her into her body wrapping her arms around her. She smiled as she looked at her beautiful girlfriend. "I love you so much. Thank you for being understanding. You are the best my love. " She kisses her softly pulling away slightly before going to kiss her again. Something about Della was addictive. Ever since that Thanksgiving night, she hasn't been able to keep her hands off her girlfriend. She now understands why everyone loves sex, and she was happy that she waited until she was with the right person. Which was definitely Della. She groans pulling away before she loses the last of her control. "I gotta go before I won't anymore. Be right back, my love." She moved to Everleigh's room where she was playing with her toys, bending down and kissing her on top of her head.

"Mama will right back baby, Mommy is in the other room. Love you my little one. " She said softly as she walked away after getting a love you too back from her daughter.

She hopped into her car, driving to the jewelry store. She walked in, buying blue music note charm, frozen charm, dino charm, and finally a coffee carm. All of them to help with her sister's memory issues. For some reason, she can remember some things if there's a reminder which was why she had the charm bracelet. The note was for her, the frozen was for Della, the dino was for Ever, and the coffee was for Carson. She wanted her sister to at least remember one other person than her family so she knows who to go to if needed. Once she had bought everything, she got back into her car. Driving fastly to the Rise N' Grind, parking her car, and jumping out rushing into the coffee shop.

Blu looked around until she spotted a bright redhead. She couldn't believe her eyes, her sister was here. With her. She walked as fast as she could to her. She tapped her shoulder softly. Breathing in deeply as she took in the first look she had of her sister since she was 18. She was beautiful. Blu with tears in her eyes pulled in Scarlet for a hug. A long one. She needed to reassure herself that she was here with her. "You idiot, you had me scared as fuck." She whispers softly remembering a time when she had said those words before. The last time Scar got lost. She was searching for her for hours, scared that she might never find her.

"But..I'm so glad you found me, baby girl. I had missed you."

her new house -> Rise N' Grind
scared and happy.
coded by natasha.

tumblr_oqi0gpfwVr1v91fhyo1_250.gifv

Logan Josiah Hawkins
Logan was awakened by his alarm clock after having a good night's rest. He got up putting his boxer shorts on and slides as he slowly walked to the kitchen for some coffee. He had gotten some coffee beans from Rise N’ Grind a couple of days prior and had been enjoying the morning taste of the coffee. He smiled at once when he got a DM from Blythe, they had been hanging for a while and he had really enjoyed being with her. Her passion for art and the students was admirable, she also had a calming spirit when they were alone that he liked. So, when she asks for a ride back home, he jumped on it flirting a bit in the process. Logan was not a fan of the snow, and he knew from the weather report that a storm was pending. Even though he wanted to call in sick he was intrigued with what foolishness the mayor would say at the meeting. He was not big into politics, but he knew the mayor had to go.

Logan woke up Elijah and told him to get ready for school as he finished his coffee. He sat back with a grin across his face thinking about seeing Blythe at school. He tried to make the workplace a place where he did not flirt with her and remain professional, but he had to admit there were times he would walk past her classroom and look at her. He did not know if he was falling for her or what, but he wanted to figure out what path they were taking. As Elijah got his bag and got the keys to warm up the car Logan. They got dressed and they both headed to the school on this snowy day. Upon getting there Elijah, like usual, took off not wanting to be seen with Mr. Hawkins as if Logan was not the cool teacher. Logan was adored by many students, specifically Ronan, that’s because Rosyln wanted him to look out for him. Logan spent time looking for an affordable therapist for Ronan but in the meantime keeping an eye out on him. Rosyln and Logan had a bond of being siblings who were raising siblings she had grown to have a special place in his heart that he wanted to help as much as he could.

Logan walked into the teachers' lounge and was soon looking directly at Blythe who was sitting on the couch. “Hey Miss B.” he said with a smirk on his face he looked up at the TV and said, “today is going to be such a long day, this guy is such a pain” He put his satchel down and sat next to her drinking the coffee he made at home. “After today is over I think we might need a session” Logan would find any reason at this point to be around Blythe. Logan was single for so long because he was focusing on raising Elijah and teaching that he really did not feel like he had time to pursue anyone. If he were honest no one really piqued his interest until Blythe, so he was eager to see where this could go.

Mentions: travelbypages travelbypages , Myling Myling

MOOD: Frozen

OUTFIT: Chilly

basics
MENTIONS:
Calla travelbypages travelbypages
Nico Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Diana ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

INT:

tags
TL;DR ...
tl;dr
Oliver Dreyfuss
How lonely it is, to be drowning in a place where everyone can swim

Oliver left Calla’s basement early, packing up his school backpack with a few essentials and slipping out the side door onto the snow-covered sidewalk. Peter Pritchard, Oliver’s new beloved pet turtle, was happily dozing off under his heat lamp, and was usually content to be left to his own devices, so Oliver felt safe leaving his beloved pet alone for the afternoon. Nico’s bonsai tree was also still luckily flourishing on the windowsill, much to Oliver’s relief. Trees and plants weren’t Oliver’s area of expertise, except when it overlapped with his knowledge of turtles. He briefly considered reaching out to one older student from his school who seemed fond of plants for additional instruction, but quickly found out that said student was currently undergoing an explosive identity crisis and probably wasn’t in the best teaching state. Oliver was easily daunted by other people’s unpredictable emotions and thus chose to stick to the Internet and the books he scavenged from the public library.

Now, usually Oliver didn’t want to be disturbed from his safe haven on such a miserable winter day, but he’d known since the day he saw the posters go up in the school cafeteria that he had to sit in for this vote. The matter at hand was personal to him. It had been his own home that had burned down, and finally someone was being held accountable for it. Oliver didn’t expect any kind of closure from whatever the outcome of the vote was, whether the mayor was deposed or not, but he felt that he had to know. He had to know why.
He had to know the face of the man who set the stage for the fire to happen, the man who allowed the chain of events that led to Oliver being left behind by his family.

Oliver’s mother had never reported him missing, but word on the streets of Anchor Bay was that she was still living nearby, a few towns over, telling her new neighbors the tragic tale of her violent, unstable, mentally disabled teenage son who ended up running away and becoming a “crack-slinging thug.” A story that had just enough scraps of truth in it that no one would question Ms. Eileen Dreyfuss, a grieving traumatized mother who was abandoned by her husband and terrorized by her son.

The school hadn’t caught wind of any of this yet. Oliver was still quietly attending his classes, praying they never had reason to call his mother or attempt to verify who it was that he lived with. The situation he was in was dangerous and precarious… one wrong move would land him in an institution, juvenile detention, or worse. Not to mention what would happen to Dee, Nico, Calla for harboring a high-risk minor without custody.

It was only a matter of time before the authorities caught him out unless he came up with a better long-term plan. He considered dropping out of school entirely, for his own safety and the safety of his roommates, knowing deep down that it would put him in an even more dire situation. The only other option he could think of was finding someone in the school faculty who would cover for him. Easier said than done, especially since most teachers are mandated reporters in situations like his. He’d have to find someone willing to bend the law to keep him from falling back into abuse.

By the time he arrived at the school, his face and hands were red and stinging from the bitter cold. The snow was coming down in icy sheets now, and a howling wind had started to pick up. Why had they picked such a violently wintery day to hold this meeting? If Oliver was in charge of these things, he wouldn’t have picked a day in December at all. He’d have waited until April, when at least all the snow would have melted away. Winter was decidedly Oliver’s least favorite season. The cold weather made him sick, snow was uncomfortable to walk through, ice was a slipping hazard, and staying indoors to avoid it all reminded him too much of his old home.

Oliver pulled off his hat and gloves, shaking the snowflakes from his messy dark hair and brushing icicles off his jacket. He stayed silent in the farthest corner of the auditorium, just observing the space and taking note of who was already there and where the nearest exits were. Safety precautions, much as he was used to. Stifling a sniffle, he curled up in his chair, temporarily enjoying the quiet and the darkness. It made the thought of reliving the events of September a little bit easier to bear.

code by valen t.

Hudson Green featuring Maggie Evans & Odi Green
0faa2a91c8d958b167fcdcd502e94f18.gif
XvWQ.gif
c61f0ea891a858423b9e2adae427bb97a46dc84c.gif

Hudson kept searching for the sweater he wanted to lend Bri but huffed when he realized that all his laundry had been taken from the room. He forgot to mention to the house keeper that he was setting them aside for Bri. Turning to the girl who was sat on his bed he gave a small smile, "seems that Magda has taken them all to the laundry room." Going over to her he place both hands on the bed on either side of her and pressed a kiss to her forehead then lips, "I'll be right back." He said with a wink and hurried out of his room see if the house keeper hadn't had time to wash them yet.
It didn't take long for his place to be replaced with that of Maggie who came up to the door of his room, "oh hey sweet little Bribri." She said with a smile, "fancy seeing you here, I thought I heard you talking." The brunette said and crossed her arms in front of her. She and Odi didn't originally have plans to be at the house that day, but Odi needed some of her old winter clothes for the two of them, since neither had predicted such cold weather, especially not Maggie, "what're you doing here doll? Snuggling up to Hudson to keep from getting cold? Oh wait... I forgot putting yourself out there isn't your thing." She said with a pout on her lips.
Stepping into the room she did a turn to look around, "so this is where the magic doesn't happen, gotta say, Hudson seems like a clean fellow." She said with a shrug and was about to say more until Odi appeared in the doorway with a, "what did I say about staying out of his room." But stopped straight in her tracks, holding two jackets, when she saw Bri sitting on the bed. She gave the other blonde a small frown then looked to her friend, "come on, leave her alone, we gotta get to the school." She ordered Maggie, handing the brunette a jacket then giving her a little shove to leave the room.
Just as Maggie was leaving though, Hudson was on his way back in, holding a sweater. A small look of anger crossed his face when he saw both Maggie and Odi in his room, "what did you two say to her?" He asked and just as Odi was about to apologize on Maggie behalf he cut her off, "get out." He demanded and waited until they were both out of the room to shut the door. Quickly he went over to Bri, a slight panic rising in his chest, "I didn't know they'd be here, I'm sorry." He apologized to her and gave her the sweater before wrapping an arm around her.

Mentions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Blythe Denton
268full-zoe-kravitz.jpg

Blythe was scrolling through her phone when Logan appeared in the staff room and a smile instantly appeared on her lips. She would never admit it out loud, but the man gave her butterflies every time he was around. Setting her phone down on the coffee table, replacing it with her coffee cup, the girl pulled her knees up under her to sit cross legged which only made her sit closer to him. A small laugh left her as he joked about getting high after the town meeting, "you know I wouldn't say no." She told him and glanced around before leaning in to him to press a small kiss to his lips though it didn't last long because she didn't want anyone to see and start spreading rumors.
"If it were my choice, I would've just stayed home." Blythe told him with a shrug while she took a sip from her coffee, "I get the guy is dumb and all, but I lowkey wish we could've just dropped our votes off at the town hall or something." She admitted. She didn't like big gatherings like this, despite how important it was to get him out of his position of power. "We all already know he's dumb and this is basically just a mob to throw him out." She said and glanced toward the window to see how bad the snow was getting, and of course it was slowly beginning to get worse. With a shiver she scooted closer to him.
Just then, her eyes lit up some and she quickly stood, "I have a great idea." She said with a smug look on his face and nodded for him to follow. With her coffee in hand she led him back to her classroom where her things were and dug through her bag to pull out a little dab pen. Something like this wouldn't get her stoned with her tolerance, and she knew he giggled like a madman when he was high so she hoped the little pen wouldn't affect him. Plus it's not like they could get fired, it's not even a school day. Going over to the window while it heated up she cracked it open despite it being a little frozen shut and took a small hit from it, "just to... relax us." She said with a giggle and held it out to the man.

Jeremiah

Waters

Jeremiah was still suffering from the hit his family took this Thanksgiving. He had suffered a loss, his younger brother whom had health complications since birth. It hit the male terribly. They all went back to New York for the time being so they can reunite with their family in this dire moment. They spent the week there leading to Thanksgiving. Jeremiah was never one to be constantly with family but this was a huge wake up call to take his life into his hands. He needed to start paying attention to his family more that he moved away from, he needed to pay attention an complete his repeated year in school and he needed to get a job. In this case, own it. Him and his best bud, Hudson, were in the same rocking boat school wise. However, Hudson was better off at the moment because he was actually seeing a girl. Whereas Jeremiah could never manage to stick to one female for a long period of time. His record was a week tops.

That being said, the friends were planning on becoming co-owners of a swimming and surf shack down by the cove. Jeremiah loved and taught swimming whereas Hudsom loved and taught surfing, it was a perfect business investment for the young boys. So far, he managed to talk to his father in order to get some starting merch for them to work with and last time he was informed his partner was trying to secure the shack. He was so stoked to finally be back and continue their planning in hopes of opening way before summer and get it ready. The shack is definite need of refurbishment like new painting, decor and so on. As he messaged him, he knew that his girl, Bristol was over so he killed some time by seeing what he was going to ear and start his extensive and unnecessary long hair routine. If there is something he loved the most, Jeremiah was head over heels with his appearance, mostly his hair.

The boy could spent hours and hours getting ready. Making sure he was propely shaven, his clothes were neat and his hair was perfectly slicked. He decided it was best to leave his training at the end. Jer did not much care for cold, the guy still trains in the sea. He just puts on his gear and thanks to his wet suit he does not feel a thing. He went into the bathroom and started washing, combing and styling his hair. Giving his eyebrows a smooth run through with his fingers and winked at his reflection,
"You look dashing."

As he was about to go outside of the bathroom, he started hearing his room mate, Galileo. As much as Jeremiah loved and cared for the dear boy, sometimes he could be very energetic and loud, which was Jeremiah's downfall. Leo was running back and forth by his room and drumming on every possible surface which was agony at first. However, as he heard the front door to their apartment close, he let out a sigh of relief. Despite that, he adored the guy, he reminded him of his little brother in a similar way. He loved it as much as he hated it when he has his social outbursts especially in parties. It helped him put himself out there.

Jeremiah proceeded to get dressed and looked at his phone. No messages. The girlfriend must have still have been in the house. He took his keys and wallet and started his journey to Hudson's house. He only lived a few blocks away so he preferred to walk. The cold did not phase him as much. He lifted his grey hoodie to protect his lucious lock from any snow and inserted his hand in his jean jacket's pockets and started motioning on towards his best mate's house ariving near the neighbourhood.

♡coded by uxie♡

Im Watching You Tevin Wakefield GIF - Im Watching You Tevin Wakefield Raising Dion GIFs
Logan Hawkins
Blythe always was such a beauty and adorable, the way she snuggled up closer to him on the couch was all he needed on this annoying day. After she responded to his joke and kissed him, he instantly felt warm inside even though it was terribly cold. She did that with her lips when they kissed. He was not complaining she was everything he would want in a girl so much so Elijah knew it when he came home one day telling him about this art teacher that he knew he would be into. Logan brushed it off until he saw her. When she went on her little rant about how dumb the mayor was, he barely could listen as he could not stop focusing on her lips. After he realized she was done he just nodded his head and agreed. “Yeah, he is dumb” as she draws even closer to him. At this point, they were snuggling which he would not stop. It was not a school day, and no one would be coming into the lounge worth stopping the PDA for. So, he strolls through his phone with his arm up as if she were under him.

When she took him after saying she had an idea, he did not know what was going on. She took him to her dark classroom, and he instantly thought she wanted to have some real fun on this off day. Logan was down for risky spontaneous things, but this was a push for him. She pulled out the dab pen and he was a little letdown but nodded his head to it after she took a puff. “I mean this is one of many ways to relax us,” he said as he took it from her and puffed it. “I honestly thought you were bringing me in here to have your way with me Miss. B” he giggled. “I might have had to go to HR."

He took another puff and looked into her eyes. She had a serious face as she looked out the window. “Hey Bly, why Anchor Bay and why are art teaching at a high school,” he said as he passed the pen back to her and leaned on the wall. He was really attracted to Blythe, and they had conversations in the past, but he never understood how someone who looked like her was as talented and precious as she was.... here.

Mentions: travelbypages travelbypages

Wynn Jones
original.gif

Living with the Kennedy's had been much more relieving to Wynn and his mental health. While he didn't have much to offer, they accepted him with open arms. Much of the time since Thanksgiving, he had been helping out with chores and looking for a job so he could pitch in for groceries or even pay them rent while he waited for his 18th birthday. The town was small, but there were plenty of businesses he could apply to and hopefully get hired somewhere with the zero experience he has in the working world.
He'd also been enjoying his time spent around Jenny. When they weren't hanging out together, they were messaging back and forth. But usually it was movies in her room, with the door open of course. It was a little intimidating though, hanging around her parents all the time. He still hasn't opened up to them about his mom of course since not only was the topic a little sensitive to him, but he also did care for his mom, she was his mom. Despite all the abuse she put him through for 12 years, he didn't want her to fully be in trouble. He didn't understand why he cared, he just did.
Giving Marsha little pets while he waited for Jenny, he smiled at the little bird. Another perk, even though the bird wasn't his pet, it still felt as though it was. Luckily it liked him. He laughed as the little thing climbed up his shoulder but since they were leaving soon he lightly plucked it off and set it back on it's perch just in time for the girl to come down the stairs, "took you long enough." He said in a teasing tone as he grabbed the jacket that her parents had bought him and slipped on his runners. If it were going to snow a lot he would need to buy himself new boots when he got a job.
The boy took Jenny's hand once they were outside and followed her to the school. He was a but nervous to be in a place he would be attending soon, around a bunch of people he didn't know well. While he had met some at the Halloween party, that was only a fraction of what was going to be at the school. Clearly he was thinking about this, he wasn't sure how well he would do around them, at least not with alcohol to give him confidence. He had talked with the school a few times already to see where he would be placed after the Holiday's and luckily his grades with homeschooling were high enough that he would be placed as a senior with people his own age. He knew he wasn't dumb but had worried before where his standing would be at the school if he was held back. "So, what's the deal with this mayor stuff anyway?" He asked Jenny as they walked. Already the snow was beginning to pick up but he didn't mind it at all. The difference about this winter and past winter's was that at least now he was somewhat free.
Mentions: Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Outfit

Blythe Denton
4ca74ff3e0564c36e90af780b1e1b1e6.gif

Blythe sat up on the window ledge and propped her feet up on the room heater as she watched Logan take a puff from the pen, "well I know this is one of our favorite activities." She said with a smile and leaned her elbows on her knees, taking the pen back to take some for herself, making sure to blow the smoke out the window. Once he had a second hit she turned it off to make sure they wouldn't get absolutely stoned before the meeting as a little buzz would be acceptable. "I bet you wouldn't." The girl said about the HR comment with a laugh and took his hand to pull him closer so she could wrap her arms around his shoulders. "You would be just as guilty as me." She said innocently and placed a little kiss on his lips.
When he mentioned why she came to Anchor Bay she frowned for a moment, "the town is boring, there's lots of drama and bullying, but also this school was the only one who would hire a teacher with a whacky sense of style and many tattoo's that can't be hidden with a long sleeve shirt. While I hate it here, they accepted me. The students too." She said with a shrug and moved her fingers to the nape of his neck, "but I think one certain person is starting to convince me it's not so bad." She winked and was about to lean in to kiss him when she heard a voice over the intercom for teachers to make their way to the meeting area to help organize the crowed that was coming in.
With a sigh she tilted her head back for a moment before she hopped off the ledge and closed the window so no more snow would blow in, "I guess that's our queue." She mumbled and started heading for the door. But, she quickly went back to give him one more long, lingering kiss before pulling away to hurry toward the entrance of the school. They'd already been walked through where to direct people for snacks and coffee as well as seating so she smiled, shook hands, all while pretending she hadn't just smoked weed as she greeted familiar and new faces into the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back