• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Shy
the bleeding sun
Shy loved how talking to Dylan, let all their worries and troubles about the day go away. It wasn't an easy feat for anyone to do. Aside from her friend, Ivy who just gets into trouble which makes Shy more worried about getting her out of trouble then her own worries. On the way to Shy's small apartment building, they never let the slience bother them, they talked whole time. About everything and nothing. "I'm really happy that you are spending thanksgiving with..me too Dyl. Made my holiday, ten times better." They said looking away from Dyl as they blushed. They pulled up to the row of houses parking by them.

Dylan helped get Kie out of the car, which honestly made Shy's heart flutter. The fact he was so natural with Kie and helped out with him even when they didn't ask him to. It amazed them that a person could be that kind. Especially a Lowes. Which in her opinion is worse than even a normal human being. He looked out at the row of the houses and asked her which one. Of which she shook her head, "My apartment is that small building right there. " She said holding Kie and as well as grabbing Dylan's hand yet again. "Can't let my guest get lost, can I?" She pulled him to the small building of which she unlocked the door, and walked in. Going to apartment number 3, she grabbed her keys but before she opened it. "It's small ok. It's not Lowes kinda big, but it's home. " She said as she unlocks the door coming face to face with a disaster going to happen. Her sister and brothers were covered in flour and eggs. Shy just groan and put Kie down.

"I leave for 20 minutes and this happens. Hanna, I told you to watch the boys. What happened?" Shy said in a big sister tone, which made her siblings shudder. Hanna, their younger sister looked at Shy "The boys and I were going to try to help make the cake, and then Benji started the fight by throwing flour, and Xav fought back. I kinda helped?" They just sighed as they walked into the kitchen. It was a total disaster, Shy just looked at Dylan and shrugged.

"Told you it was crazy. " They then looked at their siblings who still had the scared looks on their face. Shy just picked up an egg and threw it hitting it on Xavior, who laughed and threw flour back. Kie who was following his mother giggled as he got dusted with flour. Which started the war of flour and eggs yet again. She looked at Dylan "Aren't you gonna help me defend? Come on, join in!" She said as she threw flour at Dylan

This was a great way to show Dylan a true Walters thanksgiving.

their apartment.
happy.
shy xxx kieran xxx
coded by natasha.

MOOD: Relaxed/Content

OUTFIT: Malachi's Outfit Scooby's Vest

basics
tags
TL;DR Big Man & Little Dog on an Exploration Mission

tl;dr
Malachi Shepherd

"I got what I wanted when he wanted me."

Anchor Bay was… quaint.

That was the best word Malachi Shepherd could choose for the sleepy seaside New England town. He'd only ventured out a few times in the week since he'd first crossed the city's boundary, checking into one of those chain extended stay motels. It was November and it was chilly, at least on the motorcycle it was, and Malachi wasn't willing to put little Scooby through it. It wasn't his first choice for wintering down, not that he didn't like the town, but New England had never been his speed. He loved the West, its deserts and wide open vista's where he could spend the night under bright dancing stars and its days under the hot sun and empty sky. Anchor Bay would be fine for the next few months though, then Malachi would pick up and be gone again, heading back towards California so he could meet his newest niece.

The wind blew hard and Scooby stumbled, the little dog made an angry little grunt noise that sounded like a pig snorting as he pressed in closer to his owner’s big leg. “Come here..” Malachi stooped over and scooped up Scooby in one hand then promptly stuffed him into his coat, zipping back up. “Let’s find somewhere to chill while you warm up huh?” His dark eyes darted down at the little bundle in his jacket, receiving a few appreciative licks as he continued to walk along the street with quick strides.

It was Thanksgiving so a lot of places weren’t open, but one place had caught his eye on the drive into town, it was a music shop from the outside but he had been whizzing by too fast to catch the name; Malachi knew he would recognize it immediately when he passed by it.

Meyer’s Music

“Yeah, this was the place..” He dipped his head to give the chihuahua a noisy smooch on the top of his little tennis ball shaped before Malachi threw open the door and stepped inside, already feeling Scooby wiggle around in pure joy over the warmth he could already feel. What a sight to see…

A big man with the smallest dog on earth, stuck inside his coat…

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Nervous, ecstatic, worried

OUTFIT: xoxo

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Wynn travelbypages travelbypages

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Jenelle Kennedy
Let us be young, let us be wild
until the summer's over
Jenelle was already at the door when Wynn arrived, having been nervously pacing around the foyer waiting for him. Resisting the urge to text him every five minutes in case something had gone horribly wrong or he needed help. Her little white parakeet, Marsha, was chirping indignantly from her play gym. It was full of toys and ladders and swings to play with but of course Marsha wished to be in her rightful place perched atop Her Person's shoulder, where she usually got to hang out when Jenelle was home.

Jenny flung the door open and jumped into the boy's arms. She just squeezed him tightly for a while, a feeling of relief washing over her. Wynn was safe, at least for right now. Nobody could hurt him now. Breathing a contented sigh, and without letting go she lifted her head to gaze up at him. Her brow furrowing as she noticed the fresh wound on his face. "She did this to you?" Her emerald eyes narrowed in abhorrence at the mention of the woman, someone Jenny had never even met but knew without a doubt she wholeheartedly despised.

"Ay, mija, is this your friend? Welcome, dear." Jenny turned to stand beside Wynn as her mother appeared with her father in tow, both wearing warm, welcome smiles. "Hello, Wynn! I'm Ralph. We've heard a lot about you," The portly, affable looking fellow spoke up, offering his hand to the boy. "This is my wife, Maritza." The curly-haired brunette frowned at the big cut streaking across Wynn's face.

"Sweetheart, are you all right? Your face...you're bleeding," She asked, grabbing a tissue for him before sharing a concerned glance with her husband. It was clear they wanted to pry further into Wynn's situation and find out exactly what had gone on with the poor boy. However they were entertaining guests in the next room, a handful of friends and business associates, so it wasn't the time to be grilling the kid, to Jenny's relief. She didn't want them interrogating him for answers the second he stepped foot in the door. Just to be safe, she grabbed Wynn by the hand to drag him towards the stairs, insisting she must show their guest his room so he can get settled in.

"Put something on that cut, mija," Maritza yelled after them, and Jenny assured her mother she would. Marsha also yelled after them, bleating annoyed chirps until Jenny paused to retrieve her. The bird quickly ran up her shoulder to happily pull loops of silky red hair from her updo of neat Heidi braids.

"I'm sorry my parents are kinda nosy," Jenny began as they reached the upstairs landing, safely out of their earshot. "They mean well though." Her heart flip-flopped as she glanced up at his delicately handsome features once again, all thoughts completely leaving her brain as she was suddenly daydreaming about the Halloween party. She blushed, her face heating up remembering what it felt like when he pulled her close and kissed her.

"Oh.." The girl squeaked, as if suddenly remembering Wynn was still bleeding, and there was a whole world that still existed outside of the young couple. "Uh...our rooms are right this way," She mumbled, finally tearing her gaze away from his soulful green eyes, his soft, perfect lips.

Picking the parakeet up from her shoulder, the small, white bird perched on her finger as they walked together down the hall. "Oh, and this is Marsha. Marsha Mallow," Jenny grinned, gently holding her little pet out towards the boy until he put his finger up beside hers. Marsha immediately stepped onto it, as she was a sweet and trusting little creature who was quite used to being handled by Jenny's family and friends. The bird wasted no time wandering up Wynn's arm to settle on his shoulder, quickly going to work preening his dark curls with her tiny beak.
code by valen t.

Meyer Spriggs
992828ed829fa5c16aa921fbc1d47d09da0dbb36.gifv

Meyer always hated Holiday's. For him, it wasn't a time to get together with family or go do little holiday things like the parades and all that. Holiday's were a reminder of just how alone the life he chose for himself to be. While his family was in city in their suburb, his sisters happily married with kids and probably all visiting their parents house, Meyer kept the shop open. With quiet soft rock music playing on the speakers, Meyer was more at peace than he ever would be at the family home around the chaos and looks of pity. Visiting his parents, in recent years, became more of a private thing, a surprise visit every now and then. He hadn't even met his nieces and nephews because who would want an ex addict for an uncle?
Glancing out the window, Meyer watched as the older people who's families stopped visiting, wandering into the few open shops, hoping they would come in. Of course they didn't though, since his shop was more geared toward the towns young musicians. Bobbing his head a little in boredom, Meyer felt his stomach rumble some and stood to go warm himself up a frozen meal. He never really expected the shop to have customers on holiday's, but he always kept it open in case anyone or their families wanted to come in and bond over music.
With his house portion of the shop being more quiet than the store part, Meyer listened to the hum of the microwave as his food spun around in circles. Some might look at him and think he must be some weird loner with an obsession with music, and they weren't necessarily wrong, but Meyer chosen this for himself and embraced it while he helped people discover their love for music and making music. It was only moment's like this, with the shop empty and his family doing their own festivities without him, that he felt lonely.
Just as the microwave beeped, Meyer heard the ring of the door opening. Both confusion and excitement ran through him as he grabbed and fumbled with the hot piece of cardboard with fake ravioli and hurried back to the front area. "Ow, shit." He swore as he tried to adjust the food in his hands so he wouldn't burn himself. As he got toward the desk to quickly put the food down he began his spiel, "welcome to Meyer's Music what can I help you find today?" He asked and finally looked up at the stranger, the very attractive stranger. He'd never seen this man around before, he would've noticed. So, Meyer put on a friendly smile and went to stick his hand out to shake the strangers until he noticed the head of a chihuahua peaking out of the man's jacket, "that's a chihuahua, in a jacket inside a jacket." And instead of shaking the strangers hand, he moved his hand to let the little creature smell him before giving him a little scratch behind the ears, "aren't you just cute."
Mentions: OdinsTwoWolves OdinsTwoWolves
outfit

Wynn Jones
timothee-chalamet-cute.gif

Wynn was a little surprised to Jenny whipping open the door to throw her arms around him, to which he reciprocated by slipping his arms around her waist, careful not to get blood on her from his arm or face. "Hey." He told her quietly. While he wanted to play off that what his mom did wasn't a big deal, her pulling a knife on him did somewhat have him shaken up a bit. But with Jenny with him, at her house, his anxieties were hidden by what he felt for this girl. He gently let go of her waist when she pulled away and furrowed her brows at the cut from his moms nails, "uhm, yeah her nails are long." He told her, trying not to go into too much detail, "I'm here though." He gave the girl a small reassuring smile.
As her parents appeared in the doorway, Wynn's anxieties spiked once more with worry that they won't like him and will kick him out. Do they know about the crushes that Jenny and Wynn shared? Would they hate him if they knew about his mom? With a polite and meek smile as they began to introduce themselves, Wynn held his hand out to shake her dads, "I'm Wynn." He told them and gave his mom a little nod as well. He could see the concern on her face and he used his sleeve to swipe again at the little cuts on his face when she pointed out that he was still bleeding. "Oh, uhm, yeah." He said in response. How would he tell these three the extent of what had happened at the acreage? 'yeah I burnt my moms bible then she came at me with a knife and called me the devil' isn't the best way to impress someone's parents.
Wynn could tell they had some guests in the house and the boy didn't exactly want to be interrupting anything but it was a holiday, and whatever he had to endure at the acreage would've been worse if he hadn't left. The boy glanced toward the sound of people, not much wanting to be seen then looked at Jenny to give her a look to silently tell her 'I'm uncomfortable' and hoped maybe his body language would show just that. She seemed to get it as she began to take him toward the stairs. The bird was also something new for him. Like they had some beneficial animals on the acreage, like a few cows, chickens, etc. But never any pets. He couldn't help but smile as it moved to her shoulder and they were heading up the stairs.
From what Wynn could tell, this is what normal was supposed to be like, and he hoped more than anything that he could fit in in an environment like this, since the party he'd had AB townies messaging him every now and then, so they seemed to like him enough, but anyone associated with her ex just called him Jesus Freak and all those weird nicknames. The boy was busy looking at decorations and pictures on the wall that he almost missed Jenny talking to him then admiring him. His smirk was a little mischievous as he lightly wrapped a strand of hair, that the little bird had pulled out, around his finger before letting it drop. "I know, don't worry about it." He tried to mask his tone into calmness but little hints of excitement slipped out.
When they got to his room he glanced inside and looked around as he set his backpack on the bed. He didn't have much to begin with so the backpack with a few shirts, a few pants, and his tablet wouldn't take up too much room. Luckily the guest room was decorated to be warm and welcoming with, of course, a few house storage items leaning against a wall. The boy didn't want to unpack what little he had in front of the girl so he went back over to curiously check out the little bird as she introduced it to him, "Marsha, that's cute." He told the girl as he held out a hand for the little thing to step on and rush up to his shoulder. He couldn't help but laugh as it picked at his curls, "that kinda tickles." He told Jenny and lightly used his finger to scritch the top of the birds head. He looked to the girl and lightly wrapped his arms around her, "thanks for doing this." He told her quietly both happy that he was starting a new life and sad about what he went through to get to it.

Mentions: Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

Dakota Harvard
4859f769b187b6077c601613e4752021b2ad3e16.gifv

Being back in Anchor Bay was exhausting for Dakota. Between her parents suffocating her and trying to mend old friendships that she had once abandoned, Dakota felt her mental health hurting. Being back in Anchor Bay was lonely, despite everyone who lived there. She had thought at the time of her diagnosis that leaving was the best option to avoid hurting everyone she loved but now she could see that leaving them behind with no explanation or reason was the thing that hurt them most. She had spent years in pain, grieving over the life she was losing. The news of her remission was sudden, fast paced. Suddenly she didn't need to live in a hospital, she could go out on her own, see the world. But, something about Anchor Bay was calling to her despite losing all of her early 20's to cancer.
Dakota's parents had been excited for her to move back, they even set up her old room the way it had been before she left but living with her parents after years of them holding her hand, crying over her, grieving the daughter they almost lost, it was all too much to jump back into. She needed something for herself, to do something with some of the saving she had saved for her and Jay to travel after high school. She knew what she wanted the moment she saw that tiny home on the real-estate page. It was inexpensive and of course if she wanted to travel she could rent it to tourists during busy season. So she bought it.
But it was now the Holiday, Thanksgiving, and Dakota had been dreading it. Her mom, since she moved back, has been referring to Thanksgiving as 'our first holiday out of the hospital'. Dakota didn't see the point of it. What was there to be Thankful for? Years of suffering only to be magically okay again? Of course they chose to go with the old traditions too; pin the feather on the turkey, the parade on the T.V., pie baking with her mom. She loved it but she also hated how juvenile it made her feel, the reminders of how much time she lost. So, once dinner was done and the dishes were wash, Dakota decided she needed air, "I'm going to go for a walk then head home, I'll visit again soon once I'm settled in." She told her mom and pressed a kiss to the top of the woman's head.
"Okay kota-bear, you be safe." The lovely woman told her daughter as Dakota exited her family home. She instantly felt relief the moment she stepped out into the cold evening air. She loved her parents and appreciated everything they did for her, but now she needed to do things for herself. So, she stuff her hands into her jacket pockets and began her trek through the town. For the most part not much has changed besides a few shops here and there. Even the music shop surprised her. It was like life was breathed into the town while her life had deteriorated. She knew she wanted to back to her little home, but she was 24 and it was a holiday. Even her parents had avoided letting her have the wine like she was still a teenager. She needed a drink, her first real drink. Glancing up and down the street she spotted a bar and made her way there.
Inside was almost dead. Of course she expected that though, for it being a holiday. It kinda made her like that about the bar though, she wanted to try something knew without bumping into anyone she once knew. Going over to the bar, the bartender stared at the girl while cleaning a cup. She knew she still looked young. She had always been short, baby faced, and being as thin as she was, she knew he was about to ask for I.D. With a sigh and an eyeroll, Dakota pulled out her wallet and showed the man her I.D. which clearly stated she was 24. "Can I get a shot of vodka, and a long island iced tea?" Obviously the man didn't seem to believe her I.D. from what she had ordered but she didn't care, she hadn't ever ordered from a bar before and wanted to play it safe.
Once the drinks were in front of her, she slid up onto the bar stool and instantly downed the shot. The liquid burned down her throat. She knew what vodka tasted like, it wasn't like she hadn't drank in high school at parties, but the faint memory of what it tasted like almost shocked her as the burn from the current shot still lingered. Okay, she doesn't like vodka. Taking a sip from the cocktail he had made, Dakota sat, staring down at the carvings of initials and words on the bar top as she tried to remember what she had tried for alcohol back in high school.

Mentions: Qwertycakes Qwertycakes Myling Myling
outfit

MOOD: silly goofy mood

OUTFIT: Sheep Sweater

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

Carson Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

tags
TL;DR Ivy's antics continue at the sleepover party
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
Don't threaten me with a good time

The two girls followed the recipe to the letter, cheerfully poking and prodding at their beheaded plucked and disemboweled turkey corpse until it resembled something much more likely to be edible. All things considered, they really had done a good job for two young people who had never taken on such a complex cooking task.

Just before the turkey went into the oven, Carson turned around to sweep the remaining crumbs and scraps from the surfaces while Ivy added some finishing touches to their soon-to-be-cooked bird. Then, she took the liberty of setting it in the oven and futzing around with the dials and knobs to give it a good dose of firepower.

The first few minutes of the cooking process went by slowly. Ivy seemed a lot more excited than she had been a little while ago… this was never a good sign.
Something rattled ominously, but Ivy paid it no mind, blithely tapping her fingertips on the kitchen counter and bobbing her head back and forth as if listening to a catchy tune. Just a few more minutes.

A louder rattle, more like a roll of thunder. Ivy’s eyes lit up as Carson looked at her in horror. The suspense was too much for her little heart to bear and she started laughing maniacally.

From deep within the oven there was suddenly a cacophony of small explosions.
It sounded like popcorn… or perhaps small fireworks. Little landmines going off.

The source of the noise was neither of those things. It was the turkey spontaneously combusting.

“OOOH SHIT!” Shrieked Ivy, already gleefully climbing onto the countertop and pointing her phone camera at the disaster. The turkey was blowing apart like the Hindenburg. “OOOH SHITFUCK! CALL THE ARMY!! CALL THE COAST GUARD! HOLY SHIT!!”

This video was going straight to Twitter. Everyone needed to get in on this.

code by valen t.

MOOD: Shitty

OUTFIT: outfit

basics
MENTIONS:
Ronan, Remi Myling Myling

INT:
Dakota travelbypages travelbypages

--------don't type anything after this comment--------

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Vanja is going to drown his sorrows on alcohol
tl;dr
Vanja Novak
"Do never again forget to be true to yourself."
Vanja was walking towards the closest bar to his apartment block. He had headphones on and they kept playing music of some new metal core band he had found recently. The music was quite loud so it almost made it impossible to hear the noises of the environment. But it wasn't loud enough for Vanja to be unable to hear his thoughts. Going alone to a bar on Thanksgiving sounded just as lonely as it was, but one couldn’t blame the man.

Growing up thanksgiving was something that was never celebrated in Vanja’s family. Perhaps it was because of the family’s Slovakian roots, but they had started celebrating it only in recent years once his parents became foster parents for two American girls. However, Vanja’s parents didn’t force their offspring to take part in the celebration so the older kids usually skipped the Thanksgiving dinner, Vanja included.

The man could have considered it any other day, but truthfully he had been in a quite shitty mood lately and he didn’t want to lash out on a family member. He had recently learned to know this high school kid called Ronan. Vanja had found him from a dating app and reported his profile since it was obvious the kid was underage. However the kid was persistent and found out Vanja’s social media handles and started bothering him there.

Ronan reminded Vanja of his younger siblings and he couldn’t bear to block him so instead he continued talking to the kid. Little by little Ronan started to open up to him more and Vanja learned Ronan was in an abusive relationship with an older boy. Vanja was taken back, it was something painfully familiar for him. His first love Remi hadn’t been good to him and their relationship definitely wasn’t the healthiest out there.

Vanja became too invested in Ronan's struggles and wanted to do his best to help him. But it was also so, so painful. He was forced to relive all the memories he had forgotten, or at least he had thought he had forgotten. It made him realize just how much his past with Remi still haunted him, and to think Remi was back in the town and even contacted him, made Vanja feel even more awful. Vanja was really in need of a drink, perhaps it wasn’t the best solution to his problems, but at least he could possibly numb the pain for even a small moment.

The man started to get close to the bar, and once he was close enough he took his headphones off before entering the building. When Vanja walked inside the bar, he was faced with a rather empty looking room. It was really no surprise. Who would come to a bar during Thanksgiving? Not when you were supposed to be with your family and be thankful about things that mattered in your life and shit like that. Vanja walked straight away to the bar. Since there weren't a lot of customers before him, except one woman, he was able to order his drink pretty quickly.

Vanja ended up ordering two beers and two shots of Vodka. A rough day? The bartender started chit chatting, but Vanja just shrugged his shoulders. He wasn’t feeling like opening up and sobbing to a stranger. He needed to fiddle around a little bit to be able to carry all his alcohol once. In the end it was too much work, he wouldn’t be able to carry them at once without spilling, and Vanja was way too stingy to do that. Instead he left the drinks on the bar aisle and sat down on a bar stool.

He threw the vodka shots in his mouth immediately, hoping the burning feeling on his throat would make his unnecessary thoughts disappear. Then he started sipping his beer and took a gaze at the woman sitting next to him. “I assume you’re not a big fan of the holidays either?” Vanja said to her, unsure why he was bothering to start a conversation with a stranger. But maybe it wasn’t all bad, maybe it would be better to get a drinking buddy than to drink all alone.
code by valen t.

Dakota Harvard
7b9e05b2dff2abbccd1687580f226137.gif

Dakota heard the chime of the bell that was above the door and glanced over to see a guy with ice blonde hair walk in. She had kinda hoped someone she knew would come in, someone she could reconnect with. Maybe meeting someone new wouldn't be so bad, she had succeeded in having everyone hate her anyway. She turned her eyes back down to the drink in front of her as the stranger approached the bar and ordered his drinks. He didn't look like someone she would be friends with; he looked moody and seemed to have an alternative style. But overall she did probably look just as moody and unfriendly at the moment.
The girl couldn't help but cast another curious glance as he threw the shots back with no problem and furrowed her brows slightly. When she had done one, it burned and tasted bitter. He just drank them like water. She was about to ask how he just did that when he was the one to speak first, of course along the topic of the holidays, "oh... not lately, no." She said with a small shrug and took a sip from her glass, "I'm guessing you're not either? Since we're the only two people in the bar." She asked and glanced at the bartender who was still eyeing her suspiciously. She wanted so badly to tell the nosy man that she was 24.
Looking back to Vanja she pointed to the shot glasses, "I tried one and almost spit it out." She said with a smile to try and diverge the conversation away from the holidays. She didn't exactly want to explain to anyone that she felt suffocated by her loving parents, otherwise she'd just seem spoiled without explaining why they were the way they were... Which was a whole other conversation she didn't want to get into. So, again with the shots, "you took those like it was water. I'm Dakota, you must be new-ish to town." The girl by all means didn't know everyone, especially not the ones who moved to Anchor Bay after she left.
Dakota finished off her drink and looked to the bartender expectantly. She was enjoying the sweet cocktail and was sort of nervous to try anything different, so she watched as the older man began to make her another one. While she didn't know the guy at all, the was a little excited to not be a bar for the first time, alone, on a holiday. And he seemed to be in just as bad of a mood as she was, "and more of those shots please?" She asked the man as he placed her drink down, pouring out a few more for the two of them. She could already feel what she had drank before starting to take affect, she felt more brave now, "so since we're both in a bar alone on a holiday, I say more shots are worth it." The told the blonde as she slid two of the four shots the bartender had poured, "he doesn't think I'm 24." She said, referencing the bar tender as she took one of the shots, making a sour face from the taste it left. "Drink up."
Mentions: Myling Myling

MOOD: mostly happy

basics
MENTIONS:
none

INT:
Shiloh r e i r e i

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Dylan is sneaking out to ditch his family dinner and spend Thanksgiving with Shiloh instead
tl;dr
Dylan Lowes
"I wonder if people like the real me or just the act I put on."
"I'm really happy that you are spending thanksgiving with..me too Dyl. Made my holiday ten times better." The words of Shiloh ringed in Dylan’s ears, for some reason they made him very happy. However soon the boy felt himself slightly embarrassed. He had expected the Walter’s to live in one of the suburban looking houses, but instead Shy shaked their head explaining that they lived in an apartment. Assuming things made Dylan feel like a dick, but soon he got over it and just nodded at his friend.

Shiloh hodl Kie’s hand as well as Dylan’s. This time the sudden hand grabbing didn’t make the Lowes youngling surprised. "Can't let my guest get lost, can I?" They pulled him towards the small building, and Dylan smirked at their words. Soon they opened the door, and the trio of Dylan, Kie and Shiloh walked in. Going to one of the apartments, Shiloh grabbed her keys but before she opened it. "It's small ok. It's not Lowes kinda big, but it's home. " She said as she unlocked the door. “And that’s completely fine.” DYlan just smiled at his friend.

But soon his smile faded as he saw the disaster waiting for them. There was flour and eggs everywhere. The mess made Dylan slightly uncomfortable, his mother was quite the clean freak and the youngest of the Lowes family had taken to her a little bit. Shiloh’s sister and brothers were covered in flour and eggs as well. The girl just groaned and put Kie down, it seemed like something she was used to. DYlan raised his eyebrows curiously.

"I leave for 20 minutes and this happens. Hanna, I told you to watch the boys. What happened?" Shy said in a big sister tone, which made her siblings shudder. Shiloh’s sister explained that the brothers and she were going to try to help make the cake, and then one of them started the fight by throwing flour, and the other one fought back. SHiloh just sighed at their sibling’s words as they walked into the kitchen. Dylan followed his friend and it definitely was a total disaster, Shy just looked at Dylan and shrugged.

"Told you it was crazy." Shiloh stated simply and made Dylan laugh a little. “I can see that.” He said in an amused tone of voice. They then looked at their siblings who still had the scared looks on their face. Dylan’s eyes widened from confusion as Shy just picked up an egg and threw it, hitting it on one of his brothers, who laughed and threw flour back. Kie who was following his mother giggled as he got dusted with flour.

Soon there was a full blown food war going on and Dylan didn’t know what to do. WOuldn’t it make more sense to clean the mess up than making it bigger. Dylan however didn’t say anything. "Aren't you gonna help me defend? Come on, join in!" Shy said as they threw flour at Dylan. It made Dylan freak out internally a little bit, but he was also happy that he wasn’t wearing his favorite clothes. Dylan was still a bit shocked but soon he got over it.

Nothing like this would happen in his family, but in an odd way it also seemed surprising. “Wait, wait. I thought we were on the same side.” Dylan laughed as more flour got thrown at him. He laughed again as he threw flour back at SHiloh. In a way it was fun and freeing to not care about cleanliness too much and just give in to the chaos. However Dylan wasn’t chaotic enough to touch the eggs and he hoped he wouldn’t get thrown by eggs either.
code by valen t.

MOOD: Shitty but slowly getting better

basics
MENTIONS:
None

INT:

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Vanja is drowning his worries in alcohol, and managed to find a drinking buddy.
tl;dr
Vanja Novak
"Oh... not lately, no." The woman said with a small shrug as she took a sip from her glass. Vanja just nodded and didn’t continue with more questions related to the holiday as it seemed like she didn’t want to talk about it. "I'm guessing you're not either? Since we're the only two people in the bar." She continued and Vanja nodded again. “My family isn’t originally American so Thanksgiving was never a big thing in our family. My parents started to celebrate it only recently but luckily they don’t force any of us to take part in it. Usually me and my oldest younger siblings tend to skip it.” Vanja explained as he continued sipping his beer. He noticed his companion glancing at the bartender who was eyeing her suspiciously.

She then looked back to the blond man pointing at his now empty shot glasses. "I tried one and almost spit it out." She said with a smile and Vanja understood right away where she was going with the question. It was now more apparent that she didn’t want to talk about the holidays. She must have had her reasons and Vanja didn’t see any point to force her to talk about it. Vanja’s expression softened a little bit as he chuckled at her words. “Well… it does still burn a little bit but you get used to it when you do it long enough.” Vanja explained hoping that he didn’t sound like a total alcoholic. He was able to hold his alcohol pretty well but he didn’t drink too often, only once or twice a month.

Well, sometimes more. But he had now calmed down compared to his teenage years. Drinking alcohol now that you were of legal age didn’t bring the same kicks as it did when you were drinking underage. It wasn’t a forbidden fruit anymore. "You took those like it was water. I'm Dakota, you must be new-ish to town." The woman, no, Dakota continued. “I guess you can blame my Slovakian roots. The slavs are stereotyped to be heavy drinkers, but we Slovakians are on whole another level.” Vanja started to babble about the country that was like a second home to him.

In truth he hadn’t been to Slovakia that many times, only once in fact, but since both his parents were originally from the country, slovakian culture had always been big in their family. Even all the kids in their family were bilingual in English and Slovak. “Together with other Central/Eastern European countries, Slovakia leads European statistics in alcoholism and related diseases. Slovaks aged 15 and over drink 13 liters of pure alcohol per year.” Vanja continued babbling as if he was sitating some sort of nonfiction book. Then it hit him that he had both ignored one of Dakota’s questions and not introduced himself. “Oh, shit. I guess I should have introduced myself first.” He then let out a small noise that seemed to resemble a laugh.

“I’m Vanja, well Ivan actually, but no one calls me that.” Vanja kept a couple second long pause before answering the question he had accidentally ignored before. “What comes to me being new in the town… well sorta yes and sorta no. I grew up in a city close to Anchor Bay, but I went to high school there and now I’m studying criminology in the college of Anchor Bay.” The man explained as he finished drinking his beer. Dakota finished off her drink as well, and looked to the bartender expectantly. She ordered a new cocktail for herself as a few more shots. The bartender placed her drink down, pouring out a few more shots for the two of them.

"So since we're both in a bar alone on a holiday, I say more shots are worth it." Dakota told the blonde as she slid two of the four shots the bartender had poured towards him. “You’re damn right about that.” Vanja commented as he once again left out a laugh, or at least something that resembles it. "He doesn't think I'm 24." Dakota said and Vanja couldn’t deny that she looked quite young. But there was still no way she was underage. It didn’t make sense for a teen to come alone in a bar on Thanksgiving. Vanja couldn’t help but smile a little at the sour face Dakota made after the shot.

"Drink up." She said nevertheless and Vanja didn’t need more encouragement. He threw first one shot down his throat, and then the other. “Do you come here often?” Vanja said in order to do some smalltalk. He, however, realized soon that his words could be mistaken. “I mean.. you don’t seem like a heavy drinker.” He fixed his words as he glanced again at Dakota. After clenching down the shots, he ordered some new drinks for the two of them. Beer and vodka shot from him and a blueberry shot for Dakota. It was a simple drink that contained some blueberry juice, vanilla liqueur and whipped cream. “Try this. Maybe it’s more to your tastes.” The blonde said with a hint of a smile.
code by valen t.

Dakota Harvard
9bf15b1361a641c2a514174ff762ae69.gif

Dakota was enjoying this conversation with this guy Vanja. While he wasn't the type of person she would usually make an effort to talk to, he was actually being pleasant. The girl listened intently to him talking about Slovakia and the alcoholism it endured, and while it could've been sad she laughed a little, most likely due to the alcohol, "well that doesn't sound ideal does it?" The alcohol had her smiling from ear to ear. She then learned his name and that he did attend the school. From that she guessed he must've been a bit younger than her. That's the thing, she missed so much she didn't know any of the new people even though they'd been in the town for a while, "oh cool, I lived here when I was younger, but I moved and now I'm back." She told him. It was a small explanation but it would do.
The girl watched how easily he drank the shots and cringed a little at it, "still crazy even with Slovakian alcoholic tendencies." She stated with a laugh. His next question also made her want to laugh but she chose not to as she didn't want to be rude, "actually no, this is my first time in a bar?" She said as if it was more of a question which only had the bartender narrowing his eyes. "I was sick for a few years, all opportunities of the first few years in my twenties were thrown out the window." She finally explained but again, the details in her words were very hesitant and non descriptive, "but noooow I'm in a bar and taking real shots that don't come from someone's parents liquor cabinet." She said with a giggle, not realizing her words might've told him just how young she had been when she got sick. It was all the shots kicking in.
The shots were probably why she took no offence to him pointing out that she didn't seem like a heavy drinker. He wasn't wrong though, she wasn't at all. "My parents didn't even let me have wine with them tonight at dinner." She said with a shrug, sipping her drink once again till it was gone. At this rate the girl would be stumbling home, "this bar is so fun." She told him with a smile, though the bar was basically made of chirping crickets, but she was just feeling bubbly and warm, "ohhh what's this?" She asked as she inspected the new shot placed in front of her. After cheersing with him she took it and then looked at the man in disbelief, "wow that was yummy. Waaaay better than vodka." She laughed again. "You know, you've been the first nice person to me since I moved back, and I don't even know you that well." She told him with a smile.
It was then the bartender seemed to realize who she was and a look of pity crossed his face. The man opened his mouth to say something but Dakota had recognized the look on his face before he could say anything and gave him a pointed look. She didn't want this stranger to know just how sick she had been. She knew a lot of people in town, if they had been in town a long time, would know her dad and what happened to his daughter. She didn't want that. Looking to Vanja her mood somewhat changed she asked, "these stools are uncomfy, wanna move to a booth?" Without an answer the girl grabbed their drinks off the bar and hurried to somewhere away from the bartender so he wouldn't say anything to give away to the stranger where she had actually been.

MOOD: Relaxed/Content

OUTFIT: Malachi's Outfit Scooby's Vest

basics
tags
TL;DR Big Man & Little Dog on an Exploration Mission

tl;dr
Malachi Shepherd

"I got what I wanted when he wanted me."

The shop was nice and warm, Malachi could've melted into a puddle on the floor and just enjoyed it forever. He liked deserts and beaches, his first two years of nomadic life were spent zooming around Baja, New Mexico, and Arizona before he started branching eastward. Just two months ago, he was crossing into Canada from Maine before turning back so he could start his way back to LA, but not wanting to put Scooby through the cold is what stopped him in Anchor Bay.

Of course, all those thoughts of cactus covered landscapes and starry cold nights were shaken away from his mind as the scent of sage filled his nostrils, before the man was in front of him with an extended hand. Malachi blinked, the words went in one ear and out the other's before he could process it at all, then of course that offered hand was going straight for Scooby.

Scooby loved attention, all kinds of attention, his little tail was going absolutely wild inside of Malachi’s jacket. Malachi was entranced though, jaw slightly unhinged with his heart knocking and pinging around the walls of his chest like it was an engine with the wrong fuel in it. He realized that he'd been silent for an awkward amount of time before he could swallow and shake his head a little to rattle his brain, finding the words. "Yeah…" The heat coiled up around his neck, he carefully moved so he could unzip the jacket a little and pop the chihuahua out from his space. He held out the dog to the guy in front of him, "His name is Scooby, you can hold him if you want?" The smile on his face was warm, Scooby wiggled even fiercer now at the prospect of meeting a new person with his little legs stretching out in a demand to be held.

code by valen t.

MOOD: Nervous, excited

OUTFIT: Here

basics
MENTIONS:

Juniper purplecowdutch purplecowdutch

Zach lion. lion.

INT:

Mariah tamarapasek tamarapasek

Max Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Hudson/Dan travelbypages travelbypages

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Theodore
Lexington-Montgomery
I know somewhere, somehow we'll be together
"Theodore Lexington-Montgomery, where do you think you're going? We're just about to sit down to eat." The boy heaved a silent sigh before turning at the sound of his mother's stern voice. The Lexington-Montgomery residence was a huge, sprawling mansion, and Theo had even tried to slip out the staff entrance through the kitchen. But Margaret Lexington-Montgomery had some kind of radar when it came to her kids trying sneak out, especially for rare whole family bonding events like Thanksgiving dinner.

"I have to go...pick up a friend. I'll be back," The blonde boy affirmed, turning back to the door. "Your fiancé, I hope," Margaret snapped, but he didn't answer. It was already established that Juniper would be celebrating Thanksgiving with her brother, plus the two teens weren't exact star-crossed lovers. Theo was quite sure his betrothed could barely stand him, in fact. It wasn't like Theo could tell his mother he was on his way to meet up with his real love; Mariah Bailey, his close friend and secret crush for the past three years. "It's my friend, Mariah," He simply remarked before pushing through the door and ambling outside.

Theo shuffled down the large, looping driveway to his BMW M4, pausing to wipe away a smudge from the silver paint job. While it was a hand-me-down from his older brother Nate, the boy's first car wasn't any less loved and cherished.

A quick drive later and the tall jock was at the beach, his nerves beginning to spike. It was one thing to confess his feelings over text, but what if it was awkward between them now face to face? Not to mention the whole arranged marriage predicament. Theo wasn't the type to sit around fretting about the future, but he couldn't expect Mariah to deal with his bizarre situation longterm. Would it hurt less to walk away now and never get to be with the girl he knew he truly loved, or have to split up later when he was expected to just up and marry someone else? He honestly didn't know.

It wasn't difficult to find the small group of high schoolers. They were sitting around a small fire, the sound of their merry, drunken chatter carrying across the beach. Theo gulped down his anxiety as he approached them, and wordlessly grabbed the lone girl by the hand, tugging her up from the sand to face him. He smiled, pulling her close to cautiously press his lips to hers in a tender yet chaste kiss. Though she seemed to reciprocate his feelings wholeheartedly, Mariah was drunk after all. Plus the small group that was staring up at them awkwardly. It obviously wasn't the time to have a hardcore makeout session with Mariah, despite how badly he wanted it.

"Uh...hey," Theo finally turned to offer a friendly wave at the group of teens, his other hand clasping Mariah's. He knew Max as his little sister Madi's friend, and he knew Hudson. Both were close with Zach, who was like another brother to him and the whole Lexington-Montgomery clan. "Hey, I'm Theo," His sky blue eyes glanced curiously upon the other kid, someone he suprisingly didn't recognize from school or around their small town.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: getting better

basics
MENTIONS:
None

INT:

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Vanja is drowning his worries in alcohol, and managed to find a drinking buddy.
tl;dr
Vanja Novak
Vanja was pleasantly surprised how much fun he was having. He wasn’t sure if Dakota was someone he would normally spend his time with, but drinking and chatting with her was definitely better than drinking completely alone. Dakota seemed to be genuinely interested in what Vanja was saying and in his opinion that was a nice feature in a person. "Well that doesn't sound ideal does it?" The woman said with a laugh and Vanja laughed a little as well. He was happy his babbling about Slovakia's alcohol problem didn’t make her uncomfortable. She was smiling from ear to ear and it was clear the alcohol had taken an effect on her.

Vanja was starting to feel the effect of alcohol as well, though he was nowhere near to being drunk, only tipsy. "Oh cool, I lived here when I was younger, but I moved and now I'm back." Dakota commented on Vanja's answer whether he was or wasn’t new to the town. Her explanation had been pretty brief, but Vanja didn’t bother with questions. If she wanted to go more in detail when telling about herself she would do it even without Vanja’s questions. So instead of saying anything about it, the blonde just nodded his head at her words.

"Still crazy even with Slovakian alcoholic tendencies." Dakota stated, again laughing a bit. It was almost amusing how impressed the woman was with Vanja’s drinking abilities. “Right?” He simply said as he wasn’t able to come up with anything more interesting to say. Vanja nodded again as Dakota admitted she in fact was first time in a bar. The man wasn’t too surprised; he had guessed by her reactions that she didn’t drink often. However, he would have thought that Dakota had been in a bar at least a couple of times.

"I was sick for a few years, all opportunities of the first few years in my twenties were thrown out the window." She finally explained but just as previously, the details in her words weren’t very detailed. Dakota being so secretive about herself made Vanja a little curious, but he didn’t want to seem nosy or rude so again he didn’t bother with questions. “I’m sorry to hear that, but you seem still pretty young so you still have a lot to experience.” Vanja commented as he continued drinking, which helped him to get even more tipsy.

"But noooow I'm in a bar and taking real shots that don't come from someone's parents liquor cabinet." She said with a giggle, and it made Vanja wonder just how young she had been when she got sick. It seemed like something Dakota didn’t want to tell about that precisely, so Vanja felt like he had no rights to ask further. “Cheers to that.” Vanja said with a grin as he raised his glass a bit. He continued listening to the babbling woman who went on explaining that her parents didn’t even let have wine at the Thanksgiving dinner they had. The blonde nodded again as he didn’t know what to comment.

"This bar is so fun." She told him with a smile, even though the bar was basically as full of life and action as a graveyard. It made Vanja chuckle out a bit before he drank the last drops of the beer in his glass. Dakota seemed curious as she inspected the new shot placed in front of her, the shot Vanja had ordered for her. After cheersing with him she took it and then looked at the man in pure disbelief. "Wow, that was yummy. Waaaay better than vodka." She laughed again and the only thing Vanja could think of was how much he liked her laugh. "You know, you've been the first nice person to me since I moved back, and I don't even know you that well." Her words seemed genuine.

Vanja wondered just what she had gone through. Why weren't people nice to her? He almost wanted to ask the questions, but decided against it. The blonde however had no time to say anything as Dakota started speaking again. "These stools are uncomfy, wanna move to a booth?" Without an answer the woman grabbed their drinks off the bar and hurried away from the bar. This made Vanja a bit confused but he had played along during the whole meeting with Dakota so he might as well continue with it. He helped Dakota to carry some of the drinks as they went to the booth that was furthest away. “Bit of scenery change is always good.” Vanja joked as he once again put some alcohol in his mouth.

code by valen t.

Carson Hughes

Some moments seem as if they might be going all too well and for Carson, she was having this moment, she was proving to everyone that she could in fact follow a recipe and make something edible. Nothing had gone wrong and that should have been the first sign that life was being too kind, and she had let her shields down just a bit too far because then she turned and heard the rattling. She then watched as the bird began to explode, and then in no time catch on fire. She looked at the gremlin before her capturing it all on film and she was ready to hurl Ivy right out a window, and if she broke something on the way down, she would have deserved it.

Instead, Carson rushed through Mildred’s place and eventually found the fire extinguisher. Carson wasn’t sure if it was in date but at this point, she didn’t have much to go with as the smoke detectors started to go off. She was quick to pull the pin and aim the extinguisher and through some luck of whatever higher being existed the fire extinguisher worked, and the flames were going down. Finally, all that was left was smoke and very destroyed oven. She whirled to face the younger girl, “You!” and of course Ivy feigned innocence with her, “You destroyed the oven after I offered you a nice dinner. Go. Sit. Down. “She wasn’t going to kick the girl out regardless of the anger that was coursing through her veins.

All she could do was stare at the charred bird and oven broken over the failure even with every step followed. She was going to have to figure out how to replace the oven within a month and explain to Mildred what happened. Discussions she didn’t plan to have today, because even if her holiday was ruined before it started, she wasn’t about to ruin Mildred’s time with her family.

She made her way over to Ivy, “I get you don’t have an actual family, but destroying property isn’t right. This isn’t my house it’s Mildred’s and I need you to respect her house. I don’t care what respect you give me. I’ll order us a pizza while we wait for actual food. I’m getting pepperoni because I don’t care to hear you wild concoction of pizza toppings today.” Carson was fed up with Ivy but she knew the girl needed a family that wouldn’t abandon her, and as much as Carson really wanted to send her back, she let her stay and placed another cup of juice in front of the young girl before ordering a pizza.

Mention(s): Interaction(s): Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Meyer Spriggs
tumblr_inline_o63m6gdlgd1rnldk0_250.gifv

Meyer took notice of the mans silence as he lightly scratched the excited little dogs head. Without speaking though, he glanced at the man and raised an eyebrow. A shadow of a smirk was on his lips as the stranger seemed to be entranced in some way but he didn't say anything, waiting for him to snap out of it. It hadn't taken long for the stranger to realize that he hadn't spoken though because almost as soon as he was out of his mini trance, he had the dog unzipped from his coat and held out in front of him. So the dogs name was Scooby. "I'll gladly hold the little guy." Meyer responded and took the little dog into his arms.
As the dog began to excitedly lick at Meyer's neck, Meyer couldn't help but chuckle and scratch the little ones head again, "so I know the dogs name is Scooby, but how about I get his just as handsome owners name?" He asked, the sneaky compliment lingering between them as he nodded for the stranger to follow, "welcome to my shop, I'm Meyer. Hence the shop name." He introduced with a wink and began walking around the shop with the little dog, showing off the different sections of music and instruments. The town didn't have many prospects for him, sure there were a few hook ups with tourists and all that every now and then, but the next tourist season wouldn't be until the festival. The months between summer and winter usually ended up in him being alone. This handsome stranger though, felt different. The vibe was different and he didn't know how to explain.
"And finally here's the rock. The best section." Meyer said pointedly and turned to the man with a smile, "if you need anything I will be at the front spoiling your dog." He nodded and went back to the front till. The man leaned down to grab a blanket from under the till and set it on the counter, shaping it into a little bed before he placed the dog in it. Every now and then he would glance up to see Scooby's owner browsing and would quickly look back down and take another bite of his food. He could see the dog curiously sniffing the air as if it disapproved of what he was eating. With a small chuckle he leaned in to the dog, "it's not that tasty, trust me." He said in a whisper and when it was finished, chucked the empty box into a garbage before promptly going back to petting the happy dog.
Mentions: OdinsTwoWolves OdinsTwoWolves

Dakota Harvard
b843ee4eefcc8fc6d24f6ae5328273c4f91b5753.gifv

Dakota slid into the booth and pushed his drink across the table for him with a smile. She knew she didn't want pity from this man, though she had a feeling he wouldn't react the way that most strangers do when her parents show her off like a trophy. She always got the 'oh I'm so sorry' or 'you're very brave' like sorry for what? Her own body betraying her? And it's not like she was a veteran or anything, how was she brave? She got sick and then it went away. Dakota came to know that she wasn't afraid of death. It happened. If you die you die, if you live you live. But with her, she felt like she missed out on so much. Like going to the bar for the first time with her friends, meeting someone, potentially marrying them, or even just going to college and getting a good job, or travelling. She missed out on it all.
"I just want to do or try new things. It's been so boring, and I've missed out on a lot." Dakota finally said with a shrug, "even my ex has moved on and had a kid. Why do I gotta miss out on everything?" She huffed and took a long drink from her glass. Yeah, she was drunk. Not that it would exactly take a lot of alcohol for her to get drunk. She was tiny, and she only ever drank in high school. Her tolerance for alcohol was close to none. But this was the most fun, even if it was sort of boring, that she had in a long time. The stranger didn't know it, even with as quiet as he was, he brought her more joy than anyone in the last few years had.
Finishing off one of the drinks she had taken to the table she moved on to the next, "I haven't even had sex since high school. And we all know the awkward first time in a car is not ideal to have the greatest time. I just want my family to let go of the strings they have tied around my life and let me go do fun things. Meet new people." She rambled and narrowed her eyes at the table as she fidgeted with the straw in the glass. Normally she wouldn't even be brave enough to talk about these things, let alone to a stranger, between being experience deprived and drunk, the girl just let go of everything she had building up in her head. "Sorry, too much info. But I'm just very frustrated." She apologized to him with a meek smile.

MOOD: Like he'd let his face betray any emotion

OUTFIT: Bottom Right pic

basics
MENTIONS:
ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie
travelbypages travelbypages

INT:
r e i r e i

[/COMMENT]
tags
TL;DR Cyrus is a stoic kinda dude. He's hosting Thanksgiving
tl;dr
Cyrus
I used to have a soul until I threw it away

The best part about owning your own place of business was by far the ability to do pretty much whatever you wanted inside, especially on holidays when it was mind numbingly slow. In truth, Cyrus should have just not even opened today, but there was at least one appointment today and he wanted to be ready for any walk -ins. Plus, Harlow had been even more on his ass than usual about letting her actually tattoo someone and he wanted to make sure she didn't get the chance too. He'd worked too damn hard at this place to get it shut down because some kid can't just wait a damn month or two. So at the front desk he sat, feet kicked up onto the counter, bored out of his mind. The man had even fallen asleep a few times and was in the middle of drifting again when the door slammed open. "Christ, not what I needed today..." Cyrus muttered as a pissed young woman stormed past him.

Cyrus' number one employee, Apolla, had a habit to attract this kind of situation. This wasn't the first time her...girlfriend? Friend with benefits? Didn't really matter what they were, the girl had done this before. Apolla would do...something, she'd get mad and make a scene, then they evidently made up because it would happen again. Cyrus didn't know many details because he didn't bother seeking them. Not his business and frankly, he didn't really care either. As long as it didn't effect Apolla's work or his shop, he couldn't give two shits. At least there was a little bit of something to do now though.

There was some shouting exchanged but before long Paris returned to the front area, where Cyrus hadn't moved an inch. His icy gaze followed the girl, almost unblinkingly. Nothing of his face betrayed any emotion whatsoever. He had gotten good at hiding his thoughts. She apologized and explained what was going on. The slightest raise of his right eyebrow could be seen but no words. Another apology and a request to use the bathroom. Finally the owner of the shop moved; uncrossing his arms and casually waving her off with his hand. "Whatever. Do what ya gotta."

A few moments of silence ensued and Cyrus finally decided he no longer cared to wait around. They wouldn't be open much longer anyway and if anything was out of place he'd dock it from Apolla's paycheck. Cyrus was a strict but for the most part fair boss, and his employees were well aware of that. He never yelled or lost his composure. The only way to ever get a response with anything other than his calm and cool demeanor was to do a good job.

"Apolla. I'm out. Finish up with the last client and then clean up and lock up." he called inward into the store. He didn't bother actually going anywhere but in the direction of the door. She knew the drill. "Keys are on the counter." and with that he strolled out, leather jacket hooked on one finger, draping over his shoulder.

~

Speed by Billy Idol played as a fourth cigarette was lit up. Cyrus smirked to himself. He wasn't much of a cook but he thought he had done a pretty decent job. The spread was at least impressive looking, he couldn't speak for the actual quality of the food though. This was the first Thanksgiving he had ever cooked. He didn't really have a lot of people he considered to be close to. It wasn't always this way, hell he used to be a much more outwardly friendly person. A much more naive man. But that man was long dead. He hadn't even thought about Thanksgiving in a few years. Not since...

Cyrus shook his head and took a long drag, focusing on the smoke circling in his lungs and then billowing out and away from his face. None of that today. He was focusing on what he had, and not what he didn't today. Besides, he was going to meet two people important to the people most important to him. Both Isa and Kieran had said they would be bringing plus ones, both seeming to be their significant others. Each piqued the man's curiosity, but for different reasons. He already knew quite a bit about Liz, Isa gushed about the girl, but he wanted to know what kind of person could tame such a firecracker as his little birdie. Whereas Kieran's plus one was a total mystery. All he knew is that the boy was head over heels for her. Hopefully he could either reign that in, or nip it in the bud.

Cyrus' crystal blue eyes looked about his dining room. The area, much like the rest of the home, was just below ostentatious. It was the type of house that belonged to someone that was doing well for themselves but didn't flaunt it at all. The type one wouldn't be surprised to find out was part of a 'rags to riches' story. Grabbing a beer from the fridge, Cyrus made his way outside to his porch and sat in the more worn of two handmade rocking chairs. His eyes trailed to the car sitting in his driveway; a black 1970 Chevelle SS. He and Isa had spent quite a bit of time on that car. He knew she had an affinity for it, so he didn't mind her tinkering with it so long as she didn't break anything. Every time she was around it, half of her attention was spent on it.

It wasn't too long before a car rolled up and parked next to the Chevelle. Out stepped Isa and who must be Liz. Cyrus dropped the cigarette to the ground and crushed it under his boot. The smallest of smiles formed on his face as he slowly walked to his number one...side job employee. "And so the bird comes back to the nest. Welcome to my home." he gave a sort of bow and spread his arms welcomingly, his eyes meeting Liz's and never breaking away. Each sizing the other up, and quickly realizing that both were strong willed individuals. Cyrus gave the young woman a grin that felt vaguely sinister to her and sent a shiver up her spine. Liz knew what the man's job was but it still felt like he was shrouding himself in secrets. "Won't you come in, make yourselves at home. Can I get you anything?" his tone only furthered Liz's unease. She instinctively reached out and took Isa's hand, giving it a small squeeze. Cyrus led the way inside. "Hopefully Kieran will be here soon with his...date."
code by valen t.

MOOD: Determined

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:

Dylan Myling Myling

Derrick purplecowdutch purplecowdutch

INT:

Ellie tamarapasek tamarapasek

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Jason Lowes
You were the last good thing about this part of town
"Dewwwyy.." The toddler babbled impatiently to her father as he wiped away all the food from her face and hands with a moistened paper towel. "We can't see Uncle Dilly right now, baby," Jason reminded the little one as he gave her clean nose a kiss. "He went--has a tummyache," The young father corrected himself, in case anyone who might care was listening. Little Courtney really loved all of her uncles, and her grandparents. Which of course made Jay feel guilty about all of his family drama. He was often distancing himself from Derrick and the rest of the Lowes clan in one way or another, to his own child's detriment.

And she rarely got to see anyone on her mother's side, besides her cousin, Scotty. So when their trip to Philadelphia was scrapped due to the death of Aunt Karen, Jay was even more guilty about that. Even if she downplayed it, he could tell how much Ellie was looking forward to that trip. It wasn't like she had a ton of ties or support here in Anchor Bay. But that was Ellie for you. She was always willing to drop everything for her loved ones.

Especially for Jason. She was always there for him through all their ups and downs, even after he broke off their engagement. And Jay had barely noticed, too busy pining away for Carson. The girl he ruined things with, kicking off the series of cascading failures that was Jason Lowes' adult life. As of late, their shaky relationship was in an okay place. But it was becoming clear to Jason that was likely as far as it would ever go. With all of his wishing and obsessing, hoping she'd take him back, he was finally realizing how unfair it was to expect Carson to just forgive and forget after such a serious betrayal. It was selfish. He should have just stayed away and let Carson live her life in peace. It was the least he could do, and he couldn't even do that.

And who was there to cushion the blow of such harsh realities? Elena, of course. How could he have overlooked it for so many years? How perfect this woman was? She was beautiful, sexy, the sweetest, most giving person he'd ever met. All the qualities that drew him to her in the first place. And now an amazing mother to their beautiful baby girl. Jay finally knew what he needed, the key to fixing his life. This is how he could be happy. He'd been staring at it all along. Just Ellie and their little girl, that's all he needed. Everything else would certainly fall into place.

Jason quickly slipped out of the kitchen full of bustling staff and housekeepers cleaning and packing up leftovers after the Lowes Thanksgiving dinner. "Wanna go play with grandma?" He grinned, Courtney squealing happily as he gently tossed her in the air, swinging the little girl around playfully. "I'm gonna go take a walk with Ellie. Can you watch her a sec, mom?" Monica of course agreed with open arms for her grandbaby, and Jay handed her over with a kiss atop the baby's soft wisps of saffron hair.

"Hey, come with me. My mom has the baby," Jason grinned mischievously at Ellie, taking her by the hand to escape the Lowes estate.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: silly goofy mood

OUTFIT: Sheep Sweater

basics
MENTIONS:

INT:

tags
TL;DR Ivy's antics continue at the sleepover party
tl;dr
Ivy Dawkins
Don't threaten me with a good time

The fire was glorious. Ivy’s video of the event was swiftly uploaded to her Twitter and her Instagram story and her shared TikTok with Ashley, embellished by a tasteful classical music selection of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Lacrimosa. Now the whole world could see the turkey being immolated along with Ms. Mildred’s oven. Gaze upon the flames and despair.

The smoke alarms went off. Carson yanked the nearby fire extinguisher from the wall and put an end to the destructive blaze before yet another building in the town could burn to rubble. Ivy had walked by the wreckage of the old Seaside Towers building on her way to Carson’s… now Ivy didn’t know that poor turtle boy and his family had lived there, or the extent to which that fire had been catastrophic for the neighborhood. That said, the supposed permanence of a home meant little to Ivy. She hardly gave a crap.

Once the fire was out, and Carson turned to look at her with disbelieving fury, Ivy grinned devilishly and flopped onto the couch with a satisfied giggle.

The aftermath of her little fire prank, however, was markedly underwhelming for Ivy. Once the fire was out and Carson chewed her out a little, she soon found herself bored yet again. After Ivy had destroyed a several-hundred-dollar piece of machinery in the name of boredom, Carson would have been fully within her rights to give Ivy’s social worker a call and send the wayward brat to back her confines for the evening. Carson, though, was a merciful soul. She ordered pizza for the two of them, ignoring Ivy’s suggestion of “none pizza with left beef”, and set a glass of juice in front of the young teen.

Giving Carson a smoldering side-eyed glare of indignance, Ivy took a slow and drawn-out slurping sip of her juice. Just to remind Carson that she was ticked off about her law-abiding refusal of alcohol to minors.

As she had been sporadically flipping around through Twitter, it seemed as though everyone else in Anchor Bay was drunk off their shits. Was it a full moon or something? It seemed as though about once a month, everyone in town got a wild hair to test the limits of their livers.

Ivy sensed that Carson was a little worked up over the loss of the oven and their dinner plans for the night. Ivy almost felt bad… as diabolical as she could be at times, there was a little heart somewhere buried deep in that gremliny chest of hers. She reached over the couch and patted Carson’s shoulder affectionately, almost as if she didn’t just start a fire in the apartment. “It’s okay, Carson.” Ivy said softly, in almost a baby-talk lisp .”Ovens are temporary. Turkeys are temporary. Fuck, even kitchens. But memories… those are forever, baby.”

code by valen t.

basics
MENTIONS:
Remi Myling Myling

INT:

[/COMMENT]
tags
tl;dr
Vanja Novak
Dakota slid Vanja’s drink across the table for him with a smile, and the man reacted by nodding as a thank you. There was a short moment of silence as the two strangers were focused on gulping down alcohol. Then the female broke the silence as she started speaking. "I just want to do or try new things. It's been so boring, and I've missed out on a lot." She said with a shrug. "even my ex has moved on and had a kid. Why do I gotta miss out on everything?" She continued as she took a long drink from her glass. Vanja didn’t know how to answer at first so he took a sip out of his beer.

After sipping on beer, he thought about what to say and threw one of the vodka shots down his throat. “Well you are trying new things now, aren't you?” He eventually said with a reassuring smile. “Besides, when you hear people talking about something you haven’t been part of it always seems like they have had more fun than they actually had. Maybe you aren’t missing out as much as you think.” The blond one continued with the reassuring tone. He didn’t know what Dakota wanted to hear but maybe those words were close to it.

Vanja could relate to the woman on some level. He hadn’t been sick and missed out on things because of it, but he had been in a relationship that wasn’t good for either of the participants. He felt like he spent a year with Remi for nothing and missed out on a lot of things he would have enjoyed if he wasn’t so focused on someone who didn’t treat him well. “I’m not saying I understand your situation but I can relate on some level.” Vanja started his speech. He scratched his chin as if he was thinking how to continue it.

“I was in a relationship with someone who didn’t actually care about me. Instead of being with my friends or doing things I loved I just kept focusing on this person as if they mattered the most. I feel like I spent the year for nothing and missed out on a lot.” Vanja was finally able to come up with. He didn’t go into details as talking about Remi was still painful and he didn’t want a stranger to know just what he had gone through. But Dakota was being honest about herself and she had told something personal so Vanja felt like doing the same.

Vanja continued listening to his new acquaintance as he sipped the now lukewarm beer from his glass. He was now getting over the tipsy phase and even though he wasn’t quite drunk yet, he was getting there. Slowly but surely. "I haven't even had sex since high school. And we all know the awkward first time in a car is not ideal to have the greatest time. I just want my family to let go of the strings they have tied around my life and let me go do fun things. Meet new people." She rambled and narrowed her eyes at the table. Vanja looked at her as she fidgeted with the straw in the glass. Again he was unsure what to say next.

“No way, My first time was in a car too!” The blonde blurted out instead of saying anything important or meaningful, totally missing out Dakota’s point. Yes, he was indeed getting drunk. He realized this and cleared his throat. “I mean you have your whole life to have sex and it will be a lot better than the awkward first time. Besides, aren't you doing fun things and meeting new people right now?” Vanja said with a warm smile. He was normally quite cold and unexpressive, but most of the time alcohol made him more eloquent.

“But I relate to the tied strings too. My parents became quite overprotective when they learned what that person I used to date did to me.” Vanja said not realizing that he had perhaps said too much. He didn’t really want to talk further about his and Remi’s dubious relationship, but what he had just said could possibly make Dakota question just what his ex did to him. "Sorry, too much info. But I'm just very frustrated." She apologized to him with a meek smile, but Vanja just shook his head. “Nah, it’s fine. I blurted out some things about me I wouldn’t normally say either.”

code by valen t.

Isabella
the drug dealer teddy bear
Getting back in the country, and then the state had been a journey for her. She knew that even if her parents wanted to stay traveling for a bit more, Isa wanted to go home. She wanted her home. Which wasn't a house, it was Liz. Being away from her girlfriend had been a hard pill to swallow. She knew that she never wanted to travel anywhere without her. All she did when she was away, was a wish that she was with her. That's how she knew that she didn't want to go anywhere else but where she was. She loved her. She truly and deeply loved Liz Bishop and she wasn't afraid to show it anymore. So she went with her mom to Paris, to a jewelry store, where she bought two rings. One of them was a promise ring, the other was an engagement ring. She didn't know if she wanted to do it now but she knew that she wanted to marry her. Maybe she was more like her dad, Nolan than she thought. When he knew, he asked her mom to marry him as soon as possible. Isa knows. She just does.

As soon as she saw Liz, she jumped in her arms. Kissing her. She of course noticed how skinny and tired she looked but she ignored it as she just wanted to spend time with her for a moment before truly asking what was going on. She had asked if it was alright to stay with her, and of course, received a yes so that's where they went. They spent the next few days, basically glued to each other's side. She of course checked in with the family and made sure that all of them were alright. Isa went to see Key, and they had a long talk about their choices in life. They both knew what they truly wanted to do. They wanted to stay...with Cyrus. They knew that this choice wasn't the one that their family wanted for them but they knew what they were. Once you join that life, it becomes a part of you. That life changes you and makes you a little more grey until you aren't black or white. You are in the middle of good and bad. That's what they were, a grey mess. So they had to decide if they wanted to become something other than what they were.

Something that they both felt their families never understood is that they did have a choice. Cyrus gave them a choice, but they chose him. They chose their brother, and because of that, they knew that they never wanted to leave his side. Isa loved the business side of things and Key loved the control and power he felt. They were dark people and that was who they were. So they made a choice, and hope their families forgave them for it, they just wanted to be themselves and they couldn't if they weren't being honest. The talk couldn't have come at a better time. Cyrus decided to invite them and a plus one to Thanksgiving dinner. They of course both agreed to. How could they not, he was family whether or not if he scared them sometimes. Her brother was gonna take Winona, and she was going to take Liz. They were going to show them, a softer side to Cyrus.

The day came, and Isa had left early to handle a business meeting, and came back to pick up Liz. She had also gone to the store, to grab something non-alcoholic to drink as she was trying to stay sober. Cyrus was in full support of her, even coming to the hospital to cuss her out as well as make sure that she was alright. Once she had picked up Liz, she headed to Cyrus's place. She looked at her girlfriend, as she held her hand while driving, "Baby, I promise. Cy isn't a bad guy. He's just...really protective of his family. " Isa had once seen him, beat someone for even looking at his two siblings the wrong way. He had basically adopted them since they came into his life, he was the first adult they ever trusted in the street life.

Once they had gotten there, Isa got out of the car and instantly looked towards Cyrus's black 1970 Chevelle, which he let her tinker on as long as she doesn't damage anything. He was the first one to give her a car to work on, knowing how much she loved auto mechanics. "Cy, the car is lookin' slick. Might have to do some routine work but it looks in good shape. " She said as she walked up to him smiling as Liz held her hand. She giggles softly as she lets go of her girlfriend's hand and bows back. She jumps in his arms hugging him softly. "I've missed you big brother." She moved back towards Liz and nodded to her "This is my girlfriend, Liz. " She said as she smilies widely showing the happiness in her eyes as Liz took her hand softly, giving it a soft squeeze. She nods as she pulls Liz into the home, and looks around. "You've been busy. Making it all special for your baby siblings I see."

She then looked at Cy as he commented about Kieran. "Cy, you know he kept that a secret because you have the tendency to protect us from dangers that don't exist yet." She says rolling her eyes "And don't lie to me, and say you don't. Remember I know you, big brother."

in cyrus's home
happy with family.
Nolan, and Liv ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie Liz, and Cyrus PenguinFox PenguinFox
coded by natasha.

Dakota Harvard
6f7514b3eb33e202da7f07444f3f21d648db3a52.gifv

Dakota felt a frown turn her lips down some. Vanja was right about the others living but not being happy about it. Maybe that was the case for Jay? Like she definitely could not see him having a child intentionally. But she also didn't know him much anymore. Like her, he's probably changed a lot. Then, when he began talking about a past relationship she continued to feel sad. She broke others by just leaving, so was she just as bad as his ex? Maybe. Even if what she did wasn't intentionally bad. "I hurt the people I loved, not intentionally, but I still feel bad about it. But at the time I thought it was best for them to not sit around waiting for me to die or get better." She told him and finished her last drink off.
"But, now I just wanna experience things that I missed." Dakota told him before she stood and moved to sit beside him. But before kissing him she had to ask, "can I kiss you?" Her tone was more shy now, but she wanted to feel confident and like a normal girl in her twenties. So, when he gave her the go, the girl leaned in and pressed her lips against his. Eventually when she pulled away she felt like she needed to validate why she wanted to kiss him. "I don't want a relationship. With anyone. Be normal for once. But I wanna do normal things, like kissing somebody while I'm drunk." She said with a laugh. She didn't want to feel bad. It's not like Jay hasn't kissed anyone since she left, like he full on got a girl pregnant.
While Dakota didn't want pregnancy or a family just yet, she was jealous that others were able to do so with no problems in their lives. They probably did get to drink and party and travel and all that when they graduated but Dakota got treatments while laying in a hospital bed. Feeling like she was going to die but not dying. Her life was dragged out just for her to get better and miss everything that she could. While also being hovered by her parents wanting everything to be okay for her. She felt like she was a pre teen finally getting a longer curfew. She didn't feel like she had a lot going on.
The girl looked at her empty glasses then glanced at the bar before she looked back to Vanja, "I think I'm done with the alcohol, but if you want to come back to my house I'd like for this interaction to not end yet." She said with a smile. She didn't know where this burst of confidence came from, inviting a guy back to her place and all, but she kind of liked the way her heart was pattering from experiencing something new. She knew if Jay messaged her tomorrow to hang out she wouldn't be able to turn him down, but for right now she was drunk and attracted to the person she was sitting next to. Maybe it could be fun?

basics
MENTIONS:
Remi Myling Myling

INT:

[/COMMENT]
tags
tl;dr
Vanja Novak

Vanja’s lips went into a thinking frown as he kept listening to his new companion. "I hurt the people I loved, not intentionally, but I still feel bad about it. But at the time I thought it was best for them to not sit around waiting for me to die or get better." Dakota told him as she finished her last drink off. “Well you thought you were doing good, it's not as bad as purposely hurting someone.” Vanja said as he put the beer glass back to his lips, drunk enough to not realize the glass was already empty. He put the glass down and again his lips curled up into a thinking frown. "But, now I just wanna experience things that I missed."

She said and Vanja had no idea what the brunette meant by her words. Suddenly she stood and moved to sit beside him. Then she asked if she could kiss him. It made Vanja baffled. It made the man completely freeze and he was unable to do anything. He wasn’t one to let people kiss him. Not after Remi, he hadn’t done romantic relationships after his first love, only sexual ones. And always when he had sex, he dismissed his partners from kissing him. So letting someone he had just met kiss him wasn’t in his plans. Just when Vanja was going to tell her no, he felt Dakota’s soft lips against his own slightly chapped ones.

However Vanja was surprisingly perfectly okay with the kiss. It actually felt good and it was something he had secretly missed, the closeness of another human being. So he simply answered the kiss and didn’t push Dakota away. Eventually she pulled away and started to explain why she had kissed him in the first place. "I don't want a relationship. With anyone. Be normal for once. But I wanna do normal things, like kissing somebody while I'm drunk." She said with a laugh. Vanja wasn’t sure what to say or do so he laughed as well, but his laugh was a bit more awkward than Dakota’s.

“I don’t think I’m ready for a romantic relationship either.” The man eventually admitted. Then he stared at his empty glasses and Dakota seemed to do the same. After looking at her empty glasses for a while, the woman then glanced at the bar before she looked back to Vanja. "I think I'm done with the alcohol, but if you want to come back to my house I'd like for this interaction to not end yet." She said with a smile. Vanja was once again baffled and unsure what to do or say. He almost froze again, but he managed to nod slightly.

“I would like to. However I don’t want to be just a thing for you to have fun and experience new. I want something more. I enjoyed talking to you and hopefully this can be the start of a new friendship.” The man started with a soft tone. “I also don’t want you to regret your time with me in the next morning.” Vanja started stacking the glasses together as he thought about what to say next. “But as I said I would like to spend the night with you since I really liked your company. But maybe we could just have some snacks and perhaps watch tv or something?” He ended his speech with a warm smile.

code by valen t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back