• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We All Break Sometimes (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Depressed

OUTFIT: Wildly unprepared for a snowstorm

basics
MENTIONS:

Ellie tamarapasek tamarapasek

Derrick purplecowdutch purplecowdutch

INT:

Dakota travelbypages travelbypages

tags
TL;DR:
tl;dr
Jason Lowes
You were the last good thing about this part of town
Jason sat on a park bench as icey snowflakes silently pelted the earth, covering his black hair in a contrasting sprinkle of white. Shivering violently, he raked his hands through his damp locks but it only served to make him colder. His alcohol soaked brain had convinced him it was fine to leave the house a hoodie during a snowstorm, no coat, hat, or gloves. As he shivered in the cold though, the drunk fellow couldn't remember the official reason he'd ventured out in the first place. All he knew was he needed an escape; the walls of Derrick's luxury apartment were closing in on him.

Accepting an invitiation to stay with his brother was a terrible idea to begin with, and Jay had already worn out his welcome. He'd moved out of the apartment the day after Thanksgiving, desperate to avoid seeing Ellie with Lindsay, her best friend turned girlfriend.

He knew it would be tough, but he missed her and Courtney so much it was agonizing. He longed to see their faces again first thing every morning. Being around every day to witness whatever cute or clever things his baby girl would do. Ellie's gentle, calming presence, keeping his red-haired beauty warm at night.

But she was no longer his. Worse than that, her heart belonged to somebody else now. He'd had so many chances to claim it as his own and he'd squandered every one. It was this realization that tortured him every night, and if he didn't knock himself out with booze he'd never sleep. Waking up hungover at Derrick's place was a painful reminder that the last few weeks hadn't been some awful dream. His life had fallen apart all over again, and this time it felt impossible to fix. There was nothing and nobody to fixate on as a distraction. So of course daydrinking also seemed like a great way to escape. These days, Jay was hitting the bottle as soon as he finished suffering through his work day.

All this drinking must have rapidly been killing off brain cells; for the life of him Jay couldn't remember why he'd bothered his high school ex with a drunk text to begin with. But when he heard the little honk of Dakota's car pulling up, he was instantly full of gratitude to his old flame for rescuing him from this frozen hellscape. Standing, he wiped his drippy nose with the back of a hand, stumbling over to plop himself in the passenger seat.

The sight of her cute, youthful face, chocolate waves spilling over her shoulders did his fractured heart some good, and he couldn't help but clumsily try to pull her into a hug from the passenger side. "Kota! Thanks for this. I probly woulda died out here if you hadn't shown up," Jason slurred with a mirthess chuckle, seemingly unaware of just how unpleasantly wet and freezing his embrace was, despite how much he still trembled from the cold.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

Scarlett

Dawson

Scarlett was stunned as to how nice and welcoming the barista was. She even blinked twice as she was guided towards the counter stools,
"Hi Carson, thanks for your welcome, are you sure? I can't really...
she wanted it so badly but she remained as poker faced as ever to the kind gesture. As she was about to finish her sentence she felt a rush of ice cold winds hitting her currently thawing body followed by a gentle tap on her shoulder.

Scar closed her eyes as she was not really in a chatty mood. She wanted to find her sister. Nonetheless, she turned around and...blue hair was the first thing she noticed. As she looked at the person in front of her she stayed still, registering who it was. She has not seen her sister for years. Their parents had even taken the only reminder she had on her bracelet, claiming it was lost. As she saw tears rolling down the female's face as she pulled her in a hug. As she was about to push her back, it all hit her. The colour blue, the tears, the long familiar hug. It was her sister! Bailey...

"B-Bailey?!"
Scarlett was unsure about it but she took out the piece of paper with the sister's name.
"You are Bailey Dawson?!"
she needed that affirmation to be audible before she could feel completely relaxed. She kept herself in the familiar hug and even held her as not to show uncertaintiy in her actions. As they seperated from the hug, her dark lips formed a small smile. Those words, she remembered them. Tears welled up in her own eyes at the suddent realisation that her sister was in front of her, at arm's length. Flesh and blood.
"I can't believe it... I thought I was losing it!"

She could not really hear what the nice barista was saying, Scarlett was still under shock from it all. However, as she saw the sudden urge to move out, her mind clicked. The weather was indeed not good to be stuck at work and she could get a sense that she had other appointments to tend to which was also valid,
"Thanks a lot Miss, I appreciate your help, we shall not keep you any longer,"
Scarlett had forgotten about the hot chocolate even though she was famished. Scrunching the paper in her hand and back in her pocket she looked back at her newly reunited sister in quite the look of confusion,
"I'm hungry and I lost my wallet... is there something I can get to eat? I promise I will pay you back when I get the money,"
she let out with a sigh, a puff of smokey air appeared from the heat inside her body meeting the icy cold air. Her stomach wanted to claw itself with the hunger she was experiencing.

♡coded by uxie♡

• Current Mood...

Happy, Cold, Tired.

Larissa

Cohen

As the male took her hands, all she could think of was how warm they were against her own. It felt nice but the redness that had crept across her cheeks previously was now even more intense. It couldn't be helped as Larissa found the young man in front of her quite to her liking. However, as for the gesture he was making her do she was unsure but it clicked. Oh right, Larissa... the hello in ASL language. He was showing her the correct way to do the signing. Noticing the sudden shift of his hands away from hers and through his locks nervously she decided to try and divert his nerves somewhere else.

With that she let out a little laugh,
"Hey, I was not that far off indeed."
ASL was a totally new concept for the young journalist. With a reciprocaitng smile that did not leave her face,
"Whatever you are sorry for, you are forgiven. It is no big deal. I actually liked it,"
the female bit her lower lip and looked down at her converse. She couldn't believe that she actually said that out loud even. But it happened and she hoped she did not make the situation more awkward for him. She could see he was quite nervous to begin with. As he thanked her for her offer, she nodded,
"No worries, let me know if it get's too much. I do not want to overwhelm you."
Larissa although not in her element with the whole nervous and shyness or even sign languages, she was considerate. She always tried her best to accomodate her companion and not make them feel like they were going to collapse. She hated that feeling she would never want anyone else to feel the same way. However, as far as first meetings go, this was the most enthusiastic but quiet at the same time. It was refreshing.

Noticing the boy slowly loosen up a little, from the body language, the way his shoulders seem to relax, it showed he was slowly acclimatising to her.
"Yes, I agree. I was supposed to get there a bit earlier but to heck with it. I was stuck trying to find my tablet."
she laughed that out before the pair agreed to start making their way to the school for the whole overthrowing the mayor fiasco that was bound to happen. She needed to take notes on for both her next class and her boss that was assigned to her for journalism.

As he opened the door for her, she gave a thankful bow of the head and skipped her way out,
"Why thank you."

When her body hit the outside temperature, she couldn't help but do a visible shiver,
"One thing I am not used to... is this cold."
She snuggled as much as she could with her jacket. She might have under dressed but it could also be the fact that the book store was warmer due to being inside. As they started walking, she noticed how tall he actually is when he started to walk but slow down at the same time. She grinned as she realised he was keeping it slow for her, that was thoughtful. Larissa picked up the pace a little bit, deciding to tease him a little bit for it.

As he slowed down, Larissa started to jog to get to his side and as she passed him,
"Come on slow poke, we need to make it on time!"

She took a few breaths and dashed by him with the fastest run she could muster. It was not much but she was slowing down. The short couch potato was not meant to sprint for starters and she had no idea where she was going to begin with. Eitherway she laughed it off. It was a while since she was a bit laid back. That and the fact she just did that made her at least feel a bit warmer...

♡coded by uxie♡

Jeremiah

Waters

As he was about to approach his best mate's house, he saw a familiar blonde run out of the house and into a car. That blonde was Hudson's new girl he was yet to meet. Jer raised an eyebrow as to what could have happened but he shrugged it off, knowing very well it might pop up in the conversation sooner or later. Right now, they needed to talk business.

He came just in time, he awaited whoever had to leave, leave. Taking his phone from his jean pockets he texted the male that he was outside. He awaited by the Green's lawn as he saw the familiar face. Jeremiah's face lit up at his mate's face. He walked towards the front door as he let out his hand for his buddy to shake pulling him into a firm bro hug with a pat on his back,
"Hope all is well my brother."

As they parted, he followed the man towards his garage which was were they planned most of this business idea. At first, the surf and swim shop was something the two buddies discussed because they were simply bored at school. Now, they were inching steps closer for it to be a reality. As the guy entered and saw the blueprints and plans he hummed in satisfaction,
"Damn, you look like Sherlock Holmes in business, bruh..."

He sat down beside him on the couch and lifted one leg on the other, placing a hand on his forhead, rubbing it lightly in thought at his question. The surf instructor and the swimming instructor combining forces was something he was looking forward to, especially since he needed something tos distract him from his younger brother's death after all.
"Alright so... from my end, I spoke to dad about stock and he is willing to pitch us up with some equipment and refurbishment once the shack is at our end. Did you manage to secure the shack?"
he looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"We would have stock like surfboards, diving equipment, swimming equipment like flippers, masks, snorkling gears... and even swim suits merched up just for us bro!"
he grinned foolishly pointing as themselves as partners.
"Not to mention, I think we can use the 'Let's make waves' motto in our name as it can be both for surfing and swimming progress, aye?"
he looked at his mate, hopeful he loved it.

♡coded by uxie♡

Dakota Harvard
703cb13580b3f3cffcccb97ea6f293480b74fe98.gifv

Dakota watched as Jay's frozen figure stumbled toward her car and she couldn't help but think to herself how stupid she was for doing this. He was basically seeing someone, he had a daughter to focus on. Though if she hadn't who knows what would have happened to him in this frozen wonderland. With the closing of the car door and the cold embrace, Dakota gave him a small half smile, "no need to thank me. Let's go get you warmed up before you get sick..." She told him. Now that he was here, her tone was quieter, shyer... Something that she never was before she got sick.
The drive back to her place took a little longer this time as she had to slow down for the snow that now came down heavier, but once they were back she led him inside and set him up on the couch. She didn't have many mens clothing, but she did have a pair of her dads sweat pants and one of Jay's shirts from high school. Of course it was a little beat up, and was probably too small for him now, but she didn't have anything else that would fit him. "Here, you can change in the bathroom or my room... The house is small so either of the only two doors you find." She said with a shrug and went to put more wood in the stove.
By the time he came back out she couldn't help but giggle at the tightness of the shirt, he definitely had more muscle mass as a grown man than he did as a teenager, "well, at least it's dry?" She said then laughed again as she poured two mugs of coffee, coffee that she had gotten from Moses. "So like, what do you usually do to sober yourself up, because from the looks of outside it's snowing pretty bad... I don't think I'll be able to drive you home any time soon..." She said with a shrug as she sat on the couch beside him and pulled her knees up to hug an arm around them, taking little sips of her coffee every now and then.
From his condition his family definitely would've murdered him. She grew up with them all and she knew how important their image was. If Jay had gone anywhere this drunk they would've been mad and even if he had gone home he would've been scolded. "Here, you still look a lil blue." She said as she pulled a blanket off the back of the couch and wrapped it around him. Hopefully coffee would sober him up some. She didn't exactly want to be stuck with a sober Jay let alone a drunk Jay.
Mentions: Qwertycakes Qwertycakes Syrok18 Syrok18

Ivy

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

the birthday massacre

calling

A brutal strain of influenza was tearing its way through the quiet seaside town, so severe and potently contagious that within a few days of the first case, almost every business and school had temporarily shut down as too many were sick to continue work or study. Though the mayor and the town’s medical professionals assured that it would pass over within a few weeks, for right now things had been thrown into a miserable limbo.

Ivy, however, felt fine. Just ducky. Fit as a fiddle. Happy as a clam.

Though her roommate’s disgusting hacking cough told her that her immune system was running on borrowed time, she saw the opportunity in this shitstorm for monetary gain. Living in a cramped group home, she’d been exposed to the virus many times over, but as long as she wasn’t showing symptoms, she was allowed to carry on with her daily activities.

Ivy was an entrepreneur at heart: a scheming, covetous, wily little businesswoman. Wherever there was suffering and woe, she saw profit.

So, grinning like the Cheshire Cat and cackling to herself, she threw on her winter coat and started dialing up her best friend and partner-in-crime, Ashley. Now, Ashley was down with the illness herself, something which Ivy had little sympathy or patience for. She could be a good friend, but was never a nurturing one. She rolled her eyes at poor Ashley’s hoarse voice over the phone.
"Listen bitch,"
She started, with all the zeal of a shrewd campaigner,
“Meet me outside the SuperPlus with all the cheerleader vegetable juice shots you got. You’re about to die rich.”

As soon as the call ended, Ivy was scrambling through her little shared room for supplies to support her new money making endeavor: cardboard boxes to build a makeshift booth, red plastic cups to sell their wares, and of course her two bottles of absolutely vile pressed vegetable juice prescribed by the cheerleading squad. She put together the perfect hideous outfit, replete with a puffy winter coat so that she wouldn’t freeze to death or get disgustingly sick like Ashley.

Then, yet again without telling any of the people she was supposed to notify before leaving the group home, she sashayed on down to Anchor Bay’s most popular gas station to wait for her sisterwife to show up to aid her plot.

♡coded by uxie♡

MOOD: Feelings are resurfacing

OUTFIT: Maroon sweatshirt with too long sleeves, warm sweatpants, fuzzy socks

basics
MENTIONS:
@k o r o l
INT:
travelbypages travelbypages
tags
TL;DR The power goes out at the Woods residence. Read the last line
tl;dr
Tallulah
I feel like more with you

It wasn't long before warmth began to spread throughout the relatively small apartment in which the Woods children resided. The space heaters were doing their job, Tallulah just hoped that they weren't being too much of a draw on her electricity. As the temperature of the room began to level out, so did the last lingering anxieties Lulu had about being around her ex. There were no problems between them so really, there was no reason to be nervous right? Even if there were, it'd be of no help to anyone to perseverate on them.

The universe however couldn't let her completely relax however. Lulu received a text from her brother; he was at school and likely going to be trapped there by the snow that felt like it was now coming down in blankets. It would likely only be a matter of ten minutes before the roads would become undrivable. She sent Theo as reassuring message she could, telling him that she'd be there to pick him up as soon as she was capable. She even promised to bring Angel with her. Theo really loved Angel and Lulu's hope was that her presence would be an additional comfort. Her ex had always been a good influence in her brother's life. His desire for the two women to get back together was never really hidden. Perhaps Lulu was just better at reading her brother, but it felt pretty obvious to her. The sister's excuse had always been that Angel had moved away to live her own life and that it was better that they weren't together, but now that she was back...

A small sheepish smile tugged at the corner of Lulu's lips as her thoughts returned to the present. "Yeah, you could say that." she said wiping at the streak of make up on her face. "String of people cheating on me but..." she trailed off, a slight tint of red rising to her face. "That's not really your concern and I shouldn't have brought it up." Lulu watched Angel make her way to the living room while she bit her lip. Her mind raced as good memories of their time as a couple rushed back to her. Both women were fairly recently out of a relationship though, so was it okay for these kinds of feelings to return?

Tallulah grabbed her fluffiest blanket from her bed and brought it over to the couch, placing it over Angel with a warm smile, and settled in next to her. She pulled the blanket up to her chin, eliciting a wide smile from Angel. "What? You know I like being cozy." she stretched her feet out and carefully placed them on her reclaimed wood coffee table. "Really I should be thanking you and her. As much as I like to think I can do this all on my own...well I can't. I'm basically raising Theo and don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have it any other way, but I have no idea what I'm doing. It's hard....and finding the balance for everything while still being responsible is even harder..." Hazel eyes glanced out the window at the falling snow. They were definitely snowed in. "Despite the circumstances, I'm a little grateful for this little break from the world. Even if only for a short while." her hand reached out and gently squeezed Angel's. "Thank you for coming over to help. It means the world to me." Lulu felt her face go a little flush and tried to hide it by taking a sip of her tea.

Since they were stuck for the foreseeable future the pair turned on the tv to pass the time. As they watched and idly chatted, the pair slowly grew more comfortable in each other's presence; almost as if falling into old habits. Inch by inch they moved closer to each other, perhaps unconsciously but sure as they were snowed in. Lulu wasn't sure which of them was instigating it, or if they were both doing it, but before she knew it she was leaning into her old flame, cozied right up into her shoulder. Angel either didn't notice or wasn't complaining, either way they were cuddled up together on the couch and Lulu couldn't deny the comfortable bliss she was feeling. She didn't want this to ever end. Vert slowly she looked up to her cuddle buddy to search her expression, wondering if she was feeling the same way. Angel looked down at Lulu and met her gaze, the two staring into each others eyes wordlessly. The Woods girl's heart raced in her chest, just as it did the first time she fell for Angel, as it did when their lips first ever met. Lulu wasn't sure if she could hear Angel's heartbeat also quicken or if that was just her own pulse in her ears. Her chest tightened as she realized exactly how much she missed the Moreno girl. She was her first real love, and now that she was back in her life...she felt like she was falling head over heels for her all over again.

Hazel gaze flicked down to lips before returning to meet the deep browns of her ex. Lulu wanted nothing more to give in to her feelings and let herself admit her feelings for her old flame but she was scared. Her past few experiences in dating had been so painful and she didn't want to be hurt again, or even worse; hurt Angel. Were they even still compatible. God how she desperately wished she could read the other's thoughts. What was behind those eyes?

Suddenly there was darkness. Tallulah blinked in confusion for a moment as her eyes began to adjust. The power was out. The heaters must have blown the fuse. "Shit... that's uh..." Lulu fumbled to pull her phone out from under the blanket the two were sharing. It was already starting to cool down due to the apartment having poor insulation. She sent a text to her landlord about the blown fuse. She didn't have to wait long for a response this time. "There's nothing that can be done. The roads aren't safe. We're stuck without power for the time being." She cuddled up closer to Angel for warmth. "I have some candles that might help but they're not really big so we should only break them out if we really have to." That and getting up to get them would mean leaving the warmth of the blanket, the warmth of Angel.

The pair sat in silence for a while, an invisible tension rising in Lulu. She was always one to wear her heart on her sleeve and hiding her returning feelings for someone that she cared about and respected so much was killing. She shifted so she could face her guest and took a deep breath. "Angel I know this is... maybe stupid of me but... I think you're a wonderful person inside and out. You were the first person I ever loved, my first kiss, my first girlfriend. You're beautiful, and kind, and smart, and caring, and strong and just.... everything anyone could ever want. Your husband was stupid for leaving you because honestly... you're perfect... and I don't know I just..." Lulu trailed off, twiddling her fingers in front of her chest. "I just needed you to know that I guess..." she had lost some of her nerve, and dropped her gaze for a moment. She felt Angel's hand lift her chin up so that she'd have to meet her gaze. It may have been seconds, it may have been eternities that they looked into each other's eyes. Tension melded with something else, something like passion.

The next thing Tallulah Woods knew she was kissing Angel Moreno like they used to, and god did she miss it.
code by valen t.

Oliver

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Todrick Hall

Painting in the Rain

When prey animals become injured or sick, they will often isolate themselves from their packs: become quiet, slink off alone, find some place to hide and die so as not to draw attention from predators and scavengers.

Oliver was much the same as a prey animal.
He was one of the first to come down with the virus, but he’d never told Calla or Diana or Nico that he wasn’t feeling well. He just shut himself away in his basement and stopped coming upstairs.

Growing up, it had always served him better to hide his illnesses from his family as much as he could. Admitting to a state of frailty would only provoke his mother’s temper. His mother never cared for whining, and certainly would never once have stooped down to a request for extra care and consideration. On some level, Oliver knew that his new roommates would never think to punish him for the crime of being ill, but his old habits took over and he hid it from them anyway.

This, though, was impossible to hide. He looked almost worse than he felt. His complexion, which was always a bit pale and sickly, was now so ashen and ghostly that he looked dead when he wasn’t moving. His eyes were glassy and glazed over, lids fluttering weakly without ever fully opening or closing.
The fever was burning him alive, and his bones ached so badly he could nearly swear they were trying to break themselves. As time wore on, he grew less and less sure that he was going to make it through this without telling anybody. It didn’t help matters that he knew that he couldn’t be taken to a doctor under any circumstances: they’d find out within minutes that he wasn’t staying with his legal guardian, which would launch a potentially devastating CPS investigation that would likely end with him in foster care and potential legal action against his roommates. With that in mind, he’d much rather die of the flu.

Two days had passed and he only seemed to be getting worse, and now Calla was almost sicker than he was. He didn’t know if Dee and Nico had caught the illness as well yet. If they all got sick, what would happen then? More importantly, what would happen to his turtle?

That was what convinced him to try to drag himself back upstairs: making sure there was at least one person healthy enough to care for his reptilian companion if things took a turn for the worse.

Even just standing up from the bed made his stomach lurch and his vision cloud over with hazy black spots.

Getting all the way upstairs was going to be difficult.

Oliver had a chronic problem with fainting, and episodes of this always seemed to get more frequent if he was sick. By the time he got to the top of the basement stairs, he was clinging weakly to the railing and trying desperately not to fall back down the steps.

Luckily, he made it far enough away from the staircase to collapse on the living room carpet and not crack his skull open and die.

What he failed to notice as he went down face-first was that his knife had fallen from his pocket.

♡coded by uxie♡

"Here we go.."

Everybody was getting sick. It was going around person to person. It seemed that the businesses were slowing down and cutting hours because of it. People were mad,but they couldn't help it. Money is greed and there are a lot of greedy people. Celeria was greedy,but not in a money sense.

She was greedy for something she knew she couldn't ever have. The only thing that she thought about constantly. The only thing that could make her falter and vulnerable again.

Yohan Cho

After her ex she felt like she wasn't built for feelings or even a relationship. Those things she didn't long for. Men were just an inconvenience with a dick. Even then she still wasn't satisfied.

The fact that meeting Yohan could even change her mind about what she thought previously frightened her. Now was Yohan the best human being? No. However, she wasnt either. She couldn't hide her feelings forever from him and she knew that when they last talked about it he told her not to fall in love with him. If she said those words to him he would cut all ties with her. That's not what she wanted. She wanted to be around him whether she was lying to herself or swallowing those words that desperately wanted to come out.

She needed to tell someone. Anyone about it. That's why she hit Derrick up. They had their differences, but they were friends at the end of the day. She asked if she could go over to talk to him about something. He might not be happy that its about her feelings for Yohan,but she needed a friend right now and he was all she had.

She already made up her mind that telling Yohan about her feelings because being this vulnerable with somebody is too scary for her. She feels as though if she tells him and they cut ties with each other maybe she could go back to what she was used to. Would that even work? Forgetting Yohan? That was something even she knew she couldn't do..all because she loves him.

Celeria knocked on the door and waited for Derrick to answer. She brought her own wine since the conversation earlier seemed fitting. When the door would answer she would hand him the wine and squeeze past him into his place. "You don't change much in your place huh?" She jokingly said to him. In all honestly she hadn't seen Derrick since the incident with the cars. He did deserve that slap and she didn't regret it one bit.

lion. lion.

purplecowdutch purplecowdutch

the designer

Celeria

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

/* ------ right side ------ */

/* ------ image 1 ------ */
mood

/* ------ image 2 ------ */
outfit |

/* ------ image 3 ------ */
tag |

/* ------ left side ------ */

derrick lowes

/* ------ main textbox ------ */

| Derrick couldn't be more relieved that his brother had left the house. The opened up beer cans on the floor scattered all over the place and the burnt out cigarettes on the balcony made it very clear what Jason had been doing. Frustratingly Derrick threw a half opened up in the trashcan, the beer splattering over his half-naked body. 'Jesus christ,' he mumbled a little taken back by the apparently whole pub that was opened in his room last night.

After an hour long disinfecting shower he finally felt like himself again, today he had a bit of an awkward meeting planned and Celeria was coming over. Now was that first thing also kind of the same thing as the second one. He had not seen Cece since she had slapped him right across his face, not justified by the way, and now she was coming to his house. Where they had sex. Multiple times. On the same day.

But things were different now, she was seeing someone else and so was Diana and he was not. Derrick wasn't dating anybody and even though he told himself thirty times a day that he wasn't going to die alone, he might have been a little scared and that was absolutely nothing like the confidence Lowes there once was.

Now was the biggest obstacle not himself, no, it was Jason. He was here for way too long and though Derrick loved his brother looking up to his fancy apartment and what not, he wanted him out.
His mother had been calling Derrick all morning and he didn't held back about his dearly beloved brother. 'I told you mom, this is not working for me and. .' The doorbell rang loudly and getting in his pants suit would take him too long. Plus, Cece had seen him without a shirt many times before.
'Send him some money, I have to go.' Without any goodbyes the phone disappeared in his right pocket as he rushed himself to the door but not without fixing up his hair in the reflection of his mirror.

'Celeria,' he said expecting a hug but instead got handed a bottle of wine. Saddled up with his hands now full, Cece squeezed between him and the door looking around the place.
The cleaning lady had already arrived and it wouldn't be long before she started vacuuming and it would be impossible to hear each other.

'In fact, I never change anything,' Derrick answered, getting ahead of Celeria and holding up the bottle of wine. 'It's good the way it is. Why change a good thing, right?' He added, opening the bottle of wine with his right hand. 'It's early and you're going to make me drink wine on my day off, this better be really, really important.' The two glasses clinging in his hand, he looked up but avoided her gaze. He wasn't sure why he was okay with having her as just a friend but somehow it happened. His father would have turned around in his grave, if he was dead, so Derrick wasn't sure why he was so okay with it.
'We can go to the balcony too, if Taylor starts cleaning this place she will physically remove us if we're in the way.' He gestured Celeria to go first. 'Also, she's not like my girlfriend or anything so don't get any crazy ideas,' Derrick couldn't help but add with a big smirk on his face.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

"Here we go.."

"It's important to me shouldn't that be enough" she sighed as he grabbed the glasses to go outside. "Don't worry even if she was your girlfriend I mean cleaning up after you is a chore so I'd understand" she said jabbing him softly in the side, not enough to hurt him. She then walked in front of him and into the balcony.

The air felt nice, even though a lot of people were sick and couldn't enjoy it fully. "Honestly I didn't think you'd want me here. I did slap you the last time because you were being an idiot and trying to show off way too much. Cost us the damn cars.." she sighed while taking a glass from him.

"Do you remember when I told you about my ex and how after him I said I'm done with dating right? That it was a waste of my time and people just get hurt in the end. Blah blah blah" she said trying to word around what she wanted to say. "I think im royally fucked Derrick. Truly I do..I don't know what I'm going to do.." she groaned as he poured her wine into her glass. She drank more than half of her glass within 5 seconds.

"You're the only person that I can talk with about this.." she admitted to him softly as she looked at him.

"Yohan and I agreed to keep seeing each other on the terms that I dont catch feelings. He said the moment I tell him how I feel he will cut ties with me completely. I've complied and done exactly that, not catching feelings...the problem is that things are different now." Celeria paused to get her thoughts together. "I feel like I should tell him and try to move on. That thought should help me right? But it makes me feel worse and worse. It's not like I'm ever going to forget him. I see him everytime I close my fucking eyes..I just don't know what to do and I need a friend. Okay?" She told him in a semi-vulnerable state. It wasn't very common for her to ve this expressive,but how else was she going to let him know her thoughts?

purplecowdutch purplecowdutch
lion. lion.

the designer

Celeria

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */

mood nervous

location His place

outfit outfit

fun fact He has only ever brought one girl home. Him mother didn't approve of her however.

tag ALittleRedLie ALittleRedLie

Milo Brooks

/* ------ right side ------ */

Knock

Knock

Knock

Three simple actions that seemed to cause him immense pain. Was that death at the door to take him out of his misery? He laughed at the thought. His vision was hazy as he wiped them to try and clear his vision.

He completely forgot about the door and called in his work. "Hey..I know I said I would come in today,but I think I caught what's going around..I'm sorry..I'm sorry sir..when I come back to work I'll do a double to make up for it. No really. I'll be fine. Just today I can't function..thanks for understanding, again I'm sorry" he said before hanging up the phone.

He sighed as he hated to call in. However he wasn't going to get dumped over a small thing. Not when Donna is all his.

Donna..the knocks!

He got up quickly off the bed to go to the door. The knocking was probably her. It took him a minute,but he eventually got there.when he opened the door his head was dripping with sweat and his clothes were also getting soaked by being as sick as he was.

"Donna..you're blurry" he pouted as he leaned on the door to balance himself. "I just called in for work so you don't have to kill me" he laughed while his eyes were glazed over. "I feel bad that you take care of me and it seems like I don't do the same.." he whined before letting out a couple dry coughs, the cold wood making his body feel nice,but all the standing was making his legs shaky.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back